PDA

View Full Version : SFA is the best 0-5 team in the country

ndsubison
10-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Props to SFA. Excellent run defense and eye-opening overall team speed. Congrats to SFA for a hard-foght 17-9 battle. The Lumberjacks have my respect. the season's almost half over but methinks SFA can win plenty of games this year.

GO BISON !!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I locked this thread last night by mistake when I was locking extra post game threads. :-[ I have opened it back up and I shall atone for my mistake. It is a very good topic as SFA seems WAY better than the 0-5 record would indicate.

NoDakSt
10-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree. Sometimes getting that first win is the most difficult. THis SFA team has the potential to be a good team.

SDbison
10-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I am having a tough time with this game. *Don't know what it says about how good this Bison team really is. *Bohl did comment that getting the ugly win showed some maturity. *Still I am troubled by the 0 points in the second half and the inability for the Bison to put the game away. *Have to credit SFA to some degree but lets not get carried away. *They are still an 0-5 team. *And yes the homer ref took away one drive to the red zone by changing a dead ball call to a fumble. *If the Bison play this way against Georgia Southern next week they would lose badly. *Seems like everyone wants to rationalize the lack of punch. *Yes, there was a bit of a let down after Ball State, but the two games on either side of Ball State have not been very convincing (these are the two easier DI-AA opponents NDSU will play). *At one time I thought SUU might be a put away game but sounds like they are much improved, and even though SDSU started out bad they will give NDSU a good game at the end of the year. *So from now on things get tougher and tougher. *The only breather could be homecoming against Mississippi Valley State. *My point is NDSU has been just good enough, not counting the expected CSP blowout and surprise victory over Ball State. *I guess it is too early to tell if there is enough talent / depth and ability to improve on execution week to week. *Some great plays and performances by the Bison, but still too much fumblin, bumblin going on. *I am excited about the possibilities, yet concerned that if there is a defeat and the magic wears off the picture may not be that pretty. *In summary, the outcome of the Georgia Southern game could mean the difference between a 9-2 season and a 7-4 season. *

semobison
10-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I was nervous about this game from the get go. Two things stuck in my mind. UCD got beat down there last year, then beat us at the Fargodome. Also SFA was only trailing Arizona 14-10 after three quarters this year. They were a much better team then their 0-4 record indicated. It was a good win for the Bison on the road. One other thing. I get nervous for all road games! :P

lumberjack85
10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Bison Fans - I had a chance to party with some of you at the game. Of course we knew your team was good and this would be a tough game to win. The one thing that I saw that impressed me was a lot of good sportsmanship on both sides of the field. Neither team took "cheap shots" and both played hard to the last snap. In my opinion NDSU has one of the best offensive lines in 1aa. That should take you guys a long way. We may not be as bad as our 0-5 looks but you guys are as good as your 4 - 0!!!!! Next year I hope we put a more complete team on the field. SFA has always been known for having great skill players (Larry Centers 89', Jermiah Trotter 95', Mark Mosley 70'). Hopefully we can add a few and give you guys a better game next year.

Cheers Lumberjack 85'

sambini
10-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Lumberjack 85 thanks and hope to see you at the FARGODOME next year. Your invited to the Budweiser Tailgate party.

GFBisonFan
10-02-2006, 05:11 AM
I am having a tough time with this game. *Don't know what it says about how good this Bison team really is. *Bohl did comment that getting the ugly win showed some maturity. *Still I am troubled by the 0 points in the second half and the inability for the Bison to put the game away. *Have to credit SFA to some degree but lets not get carried away. *They are still an 0-5 team. *And yes the homer ref took away one drive to the red zone by changing a dead ball call to a fumble. *If the Bison play this way against Georgia Southern next week they would lose badly. *Seems like everyone wants to rationalize the lack of punch. *Yes, there was a bit of a let down after Ball State, but the two games on either side of Ball State have not been very convincing (these are the two easier DI-AA opponents NDSU will play). *At one time I thought SUU might be a put away game but sounds like they are much improved, and even though SDSU started out bad they will give NDSU a good game at the end of the year. *So from now on things get tougher and tougher. *The only breather could be homecoming against Mississippi Valley State. *My point is NDSU has been just good enough, not counting the expected CSP blowout and surprise victory over Ball State. *I guess it is too early to tell if there is enough talent / depth and ability to improve on execution week to week. *Some great plays and performances by the Bison, but still too much fumblin, bumblin going on. *I am excited about the possibilities, yet concerned that if there is a defeat and the magic wears off the picture may not be that pretty. *In summary, the outcome of the Georgia Southern game could mean the difference between a 9-2 season and a 7-4 season. *

I agree with you to an extent SD. The one thing that I feel is back is the swagger that we can now win close, ugly games on the road. A year ago (MT state) this may well have been a loss, but I think that the players have the confidence to win these type of games. A win is a win, whether it is a beautiful 66-7 demolition of inferior competition, or a 17-9 tough road win at a good team, whose record does not reflect its true ability.

I am nervous about GA southern as well. However, I think our boys are getting the confidence to get the job done, no matter what the circumstances. It will be a long season, but we just have to take it one game at a time!!

It isn't the toughest schedule we have put together without actually having good teams. Either way, this is some great fun this year isn't it!!

Bison53
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I know this is not the thread. Just a quick ? to Carringtonbison.
Is it tough being a Bison fan in Carrington? (Kleinsasser)

GFBisonFan
10-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Actually no. I am friends with him. I graduated high school with his sister and my wife graduated HS with him. I correspond regularly with his parents while over here. The entire family is really nice and I don't have a bad thing to say. No one in Carrington questions who I pull for (Bison), but I could not root against Jim. I have a huge sign up about NDSU and wear the jackets, sweaters, shirts, golf club covers, etc. I have friends that support UND (my nurse's son plays for them currently), but they know that I bleed green and gold (or yellow if that is what you claim). It is much easier this year than in 2002.

Now, when Jim has said dumb things re: NDSU, I just tend to ignore that part of it.

BisonCardinal
10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Bison53, hope you don't mind my two cents.

I would say it is pretty easy to be a Bison fan in Carrington. Although the Kleinsassers seem to be well liked and respected, I would have to say that Bison football is more popular here than any other university. And that is based on going to the varsity games and looking at all the caps, jackets and sweatshirts. We are a regional center for ag and we have a good sized NDSU experiment station just a couple miles north of town.

Sorry for the hijacking but the thread is headed for a timely end anyway.

Bison53
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm north of Minot and i know there is a large UND following
maybe because of a lot of medical workers.
Maybe the reason they don't have radio and paper coverage.
A lot were naysayers of our move to DIAA and now are
jealous of our success.