PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for News on our Bison

jazak
09-14-2014, 10:25 PM
For obvious reasons, many Wisconsin people have now become huge Bison BB fans!! We are looking for news on how our boys are doing. How do the workouts look? How are the guys developing? Any word on how the team is coming together? Has anyone observed some open gyms or heard some chatter? What have you guys heard?

El_Chapo
09-14-2014, 11:37 PM
I spent gameday talking to kory brown . Said things are starting to jell. Lots of open gyms with practice starting up soon (midnight madness is Oct 17??) Sounds like. LA KB CD are solid with literally everyone fighting for #4-5 spots that's a post.

aces1180
09-15-2014, 02:07 AM
I spent gameday with kory brown . Said things are starting to jell. Lots of open gyms with practice starting up soon (midnight madness is Oct 17??) Sounds like. LA KB CD are solid with literally everyone fighting for #4-5 spots that's a post.

Stay the hell away from current athletes! I'm serious. You are a walking violation waiting to happen! What is wrong with you?

344Johnson
09-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Stay the hell away from current athletes! I'm serious. You are a walking violation waiting to happen! What is wrong with you?

No harm no foul. Pump it up

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
09-15-2014, 12:48 PM

Do you really think Lakes will listen to you? Really?

aces1180
09-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Do you really think Lakes will listen to you? Really?

Nope...Just putting it out there.

El_Chapo
09-15-2014, 02:46 PM
aces shut up you have zero clue whats going on.
I dont have to explain my relationship thru a parent to someone to you or anyone on a public forum. so mind your own business.
lemme guess, Pete Jirik has become a good friend of mine via bison football, I shouldnt of been talking to Cole the past 4 years? you're an idiot.

basketball is different, there are less ndsu fans that actually travel, so those of us that do become good friends with the players and their parents. its just the way it is. (especially at the sioux falls tourney when we all are at BWW's together for 3 days)

back to basketball..............

Oct 17 is march madness, NDSU hasnt done much with it the last few years, maybe the big dance trip will re kindle something, but I doubt it.
Lots of scrimmage's and pick up ball at the Wellness center

Bison bison
09-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Why? It's not like he's a booster, just a jackass.

El_Chapo
09-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Thank you NDB2

HerdBot
09-15-2014, 02:59 PM

I think he will be alright. These are current guys, not recruits.

BisonNation11
09-15-2014, 03:01 PM
I think he will be alright. These are current guys, not recruits.

It's just as easy to get a current player in hot water as it is a recruit. As long as they haven't graduated from NDSU, stay as far away as possible. For the love of the university, stay away.

El_Chapo
09-15-2014, 03:18 PM
why is it that 1 person takes a uncalled for potshot, then the entire thread goes to hell. i work in media, i goto every game, sorry i freakin exist, dam you guys are crazy sometimes.

Bison bison
09-15-2014, 03:25 PM
why is it that 1 person takes a uncalled for potshot, then the entire thread goes to hell. i work in media, i goto every game, sorry i freakin exist, dam you guys are crazy sometimes.

we're through the looking glass, people.

344Johnson
09-15-2014, 04:29 PM
It's just as easy to get a current player in hot water as it is a recruit. As long as they haven't graduated from NDSU, stay as far away as possible. For the love of the university, stay away.

I'm sure he won't do anything bad. Calm down people. Besides, players are educated on what is OK and what is not.

aces1180
09-15-2014, 05:21 PM

He's a booster even if he donated previously....That designation never ends.

All it takes is someone buying a current player or recruit a Coke or a hot dog to be a violation. Think about that for a second, folks.

aces1180
09-15-2014, 05:22 PM

This right here...

Bisonguy
09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
He's a booster even if he donated previously....That designation never ends.

All it takes is someone buying a current player or recruit a Coke or a hot dog to be a violation. Think about that for a second, folks.

Actually, that rule extends to a current player's family or friends as well. Think about that for a second or three.

aces1180
09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Actually, that rule extends to a current player's family or friends as well. Think about that for a second or three.

Thanks for the clarification...

Bisonguy
09-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Here's the booster compliance brochure if anyone wants to view it http://www.gobison.com/documents/2013/5/30/Booster_Brochure.pdf?id=16

StL Bison Fan
09-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Get familiar: http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/4/19/compliance.aspx?tab=compliance

ARE YOU A REPRESENTATIVE OF NDSU'S
ATHLETICS INTERESTS?
You are a representative of NDSUís athletics interests, more commonly known as a ìboosterî, if
you meet any of the following conditions:
!
You have been or are a member of any organization that promotes NDSUís athletics
program (e.g., NDSU Foundation, Team Makers).
!
You have made a financial contribution to the NDSU athletics department or its booster
organization.
!
You have ever assisted in the recruitment of prospects for NDSU.
!
You have provided benefits (e.g. summer jobs or occasional family meals) to enrolled
student-athletes.
!
You have arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes, or assisted
in providing any benefit to enrolled student-athletes or their families.
!
You have ever, in any way, promoted the athletics program at NDSU.
NOTE: Please remember that once you become a booster,
you retain that identity
indefinitely

NCAA RULES REGARDING BOOSTER
INVOLVEMENT WITH ENROLLED
STUDENT-ATHLETES
You may not
pay for or arrange for payment of room, board, or any type of transportation at any
time for currently enrolled student-athletes, their relatives, or their friends.
You may not
provide student-athletes with any sort of extra benefit, which refers to any special
arrangement provided a student-athlete or his/her relatives or friends with the benefit unavailable to
the general student population.
You may not
provide student-athletes with any special discounts, payment arrangements (e.g.,
cosigning a loan), credits on a purchase (e.g., airline ticket, clothing), or services (e.g., dry cleaning,
transportation).
You may not
allow student-athletes to use your telephone or make free calls.
You may not
provide awards or gift s to student-athletes for any reason. This also prohibits
honorariums for speaking engagements. All awards to student-athletes must meet all NCAA
legislation and be approved by the Compliance Office.
You may not
entertain student-athletes or their families and friends. You may not even buy them a
cup of coffee or a can of soda. The only exception to this is that you may, on an occasional basis,
provide a student-athlete or team (not family members or friends) with a meal. The meal can be
catered,
but it must be in your home
You may not
use the name or picture of a student-athlete to advertise a commercial product.
You may not
purchase complimentary admissions from a current student-athlete.
You may not
provide an honorarium to a student-athlete for a speaking engagement.
NOTE: These rules apply throughout the student-athleteís entire enrollment at NDSU ( includingsummer break).

56BISON73
09-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Once you become a booster you are a booster for LIFE according to the NCAA. Doesnt make any differenece whether you are active in the group or not.
That jackass thing is for life also I think .:biggrin:

56BISON73
09-15-2014, 06:42 PM

Oh so correct. I was in the process of getting tickets for a players family last year when I was informed by Josh that if I did I would be in violation of NCAA rules.

El_Chapo
09-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Sorry JAZAK.
please start another thread and you and I can have a nice conversation about football and not have the jackal's at our heel's.

We look forward to your wisconsin connection playing for the bison this year ;)

maybe this thread can be deleted and we can start over.. sorry JAZAK once again for these guys.

tony
09-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Sorry JAZAK.
please start another thread and you and I can have a nice conversation about football and not have the jackal's at our heel's.

We look forward to your wisconsin connection playing for the bison this year ;)

maybe this thread can be deleted and we can start over.. sorry JAZAK once again for these guys.

Lakes, don't act like the victim when you are the problem.

I've got a list of the things you do to get banned and you've hit every one of them in a breathtakingly short period of time.

You've got one more chance. I would like some confirmation that you realize that you are a booster and that you understand that NCAA rules apply to your actions.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?17075-Free-Lakesbison&p=291272#post291272

El_Chapo
09-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Aces started this, when i was having a nice convo with a future ndsu basketball fan from wisconsin, what do you think he thinks about all of you

Tony
You talk to ANY of my close friends on here (they party with me at every ndsu event) I ve NEVER EVER GAVE A GOD DAM THING TO ANY ATHLETE AT NDSU. period, end of story.
This is a ridiculous witch hunt done by 5-6 people on here that have no better thing in their lives than to attempt to ruin my life.

i can ruin my life on my own thank you very much!! (hardy har)

now hall of shame this shit and it'll be in there permanently for everyone to see.

thank you god bless and Im going home for the day to cry cuz my feelings are hurt.

HoopsBison
09-15-2014, 08:35 PM
This thread is a trainwreck, like most these days...too bad.

Mr Meaty
09-15-2014, 08:47 PM

I gave a free beer to an Incarnate Word parent this past weekend. Did I violate a rule with them?

tony
09-15-2014, 08:51 PM
I gave a free beer to an Incarnate Word parent this past weekend. Did I violate a rule with them?

Hah. No, because you aren't an Incarnate Word booster.

Mr Meaty
09-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Hah. No, because you aren't an Incarnate Word booster.

Good now I can sleep and night and not worry about the NCAA police coming after me. :hide:

North Side
09-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I pretty much stick to the idea that grown adults generally don't hang out with college kids who may or may not be athletes. I am still in college and I really don't hang out with anyone over 30, but whatever... as long as there are no violations its cool.

mtoutfitter
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Aces started this, when i was having a nice convo with a future ndsu basketball fan from wisconsin, what do you think he thinks about all of you

Tony
You talk to ANY of my close friends on here (they party with me at every ndsu event) I ve NEVER EVER GAVE A GOD DAM THING TO ANY ATHLETE AT NDSU. period, end of story.
This is a ridiculous witch hunt done by 5-6 people on here that have no better thing in their lives than to attempt to ruin my life.

i can ruin my life on my own thank you very much!! (hardy har)

now hall of shame this shit and it'll be in there permanently for everyone to see.

thank you god bless and Im going home for the day to cry cuz my feelings are hurt.

I don't see anything there about admitting that you're a booster.....or that rules apply

StL Bison Fan
09-15-2014, 09:53 PM
I think appearance is everything. You certainly can talk to and associate with people. Even athletes and others.
This is a public board so I always try to never leave doubt as to following rules. These rules are for all not just a few.
That's the best we can all do.