PDA

View Full Version : Will this be the week?

luey
09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Will this be the week that Bohls 26 game winning streak will be broken? They are playing oregon!

aces1180
09-09-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.memegene.net/media/created/5bs9c4.jpg

ZHerd
09-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Will this be the week that Bohls 26 game winning streak will be broken?

It will be emphatically shattered. I'd be surprised if WY stays within 25. Bohls style of ball is perfect for taking down teams like the Ducks but WY needs a couple years to recruit and build things. I wish em the best and would love to see them thrash the ducks

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Bohl's 26 game win streak. :rofl:
5 of the current Bison coaches were on one of the three peat teams and we have won 11 National Championships with 6 different coaches

Wyoming is 2-0 with 2 squeaked by home wins vs an FCS team and a 2 win Airforce team they beat by 32 points last year on the road.

Oregon will beat up on Wyoming like we beat up on Coastal Carolina

Bison03
09-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Sure, Bohl hasn't been on the losing side of the field in a game for 26 straight games; but it's not his streak. The BISON will be going for 27 straight, not Wyoming, or Bohl.

thebigund
09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Bohl's 26 game win streak. :rofl:
5 of the current Bison coaches were on one of the three peat teams and we have won 11 National Championships with 6 different coaches

Wyoming is 2-0 with 2 squeaked by home wins vs an FCS team and a 2 win Airforce team they beat by 32 points last year on the road.

Oregon will beat up on Wyoming like we beat up on Coastal Carolina
That's the thing about the NDSU football program that gets overlooked. Obviously there are a lot of championships but it's not like you guys have produced a ton of NFL players, there is a small solid group but nothing crazy. This only reinforces the fact that NDSU has had an outstanding history of coaching. It's not really talked about by the media or other fans. Maybe it's a topic for game day to highlight?

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 02:00 PM
That's the thing about the NDSU football program that gets overlooked. Obviously there are a lot of championships but it's not like you guys have produced a ton of NFL players, there is a small solid group but nothing crazy. This only reinforces the fact that NDSU has had an outstanding history of coaching. It's not really talked about by the media or other fans. Maybe it's a topic for game day to highlight?

A troll defending the team from another troll. Is that like a pot pie hot pocket?

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2014, 02:10 PM
A troll defending the team from another troll. Is that like a pot pie hot pocket?

That was pretty harsh, robot man. Let's not rewrite history due to your distaste for Bohl; he will alway be a legend even if he made poor choices when leaving and other rumored affairs.

With that said, can't we all agree that NDSU has had great coaching when the program is up? Yes, it is more about the tradition, but remember the Babich years?

AKBison
09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Screw the haters in this thread. What Bohl did for us transformed the University. Hope Wyo pulls off the miracle and he gets his dream job at UNL, wins the Natty and becomes a Legend for them.

El_Chapo
09-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Bohl is great, get over your hurt feelings and support WYO.

Plus make some dam MONEY you poor bastards WYOMING + 42 HAHAHA... no way they lose 52-10

BISON Thunder
09-09-2014, 02:53 PM
It is opportunities such as this which can catapult a program for a decade or more. Which would be a larger springboard for a football program...NDSU winning in Missoula in 2003 or Wyoming beating Oregon this Saturday?

reformedUNDfan
09-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Wyoming. It would be one of the biggest upsets ever in the sport. Bigger than ASU over Michigan or Stanford over USC.

AKBison
09-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Bigger than ASU knocking off #5 Michigan? Not a chance...

reformedUNDfan
09-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Bigger than ASU knocking off #5 Michigan? Not a chance...
not even a chance huh? Even though Oregon is better than 2007 Michigan and Wyoming worse than 2007 ASU?

shit Stanford over USC is the game typically regarded as the bigger upset.

unbison
09-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Plus make some dam MONEY you poor bastards WYOMING + 42 HAHAHA... no way they lose 52-10

It right won't be that close

mnriverbison
09-09-2014, 05:24 PM
That was pretty harsh, robot man. Let's not rewrite history due to your distaste for Bohl; he will alway be a legend even if he made poor choices when leaving and other rumored affairs.

With that said, can't we all agree that NDSU has had great coaching when the program is up? Yes, it is more about the tradition, but remember the Babich years?

More about coaching than tradition. Tradition helps in college ball because winning = easier recruiting and more fans, but coaching maintains that momentum and can kill it.

We've had a great run of coaching, and that has built the tradition. Ain't the other way around.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2014, 06:12 PM
More about coaching than tradition. Tradition helps in college ball because winning = easier recruiting and more fans, but coaching maintains that momentum and can kill it.

We've had a great run of coaching, and that has built the tradition. Ain't the other way around.

Gabe was ripping on a very dependable post by Undies. Only reason I commented on it; Gabe seemed to be saying Bohl had nothing to do with our recent success.

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Screw the haters in this thread. What Bohl did for us transformed the University. Hope Wyo pulls off the miracle and he gets his dream job at UNL, wins the Natty and becomes a Legend for them.

Disagree. You can't transform a university that was already a program with a great tradition. He was given everything he needed. He went a D2 team to a D1 team. He went from 32 to 63 scholarships overnight. Literally he had double the talent to work with. He was given a media deal that put every game on TV and excited the university. He was given a shot at the Gophers 3 times and games vs D1 teams. He was given new locker rooms, new coaching offices, new weight room, new practice facilities, expanded radio coverage, and an athletic budget that doubled. He was given more money to expand recruiting. He was even given a larger coaching salary pool. Heck he even got to be the first coach to be around with expanded tailgating so fans were fired up. Shit we even left him with a full cupboard with players like Joe Mays and Steve Walker

He happened to be the coach who was there at the right time. He recognized this and ran with it. Whoever took over the program would have been successful. Maybe not a three peat but it would have been successful. Then again if it wasn't Bohl, it would have been GUS FREAKIN BRADLEY!!

He is a great coach, just like Mudra, who quicky was replaced by Erhardt. He was great like Wacker and Morton. Morton won a Championship and so did Solomonson and Hager.

Babich was the coach when we saw a drop from 50+ schoarships to 32. His last year was very similar to Bohls 3-8 season. He wasn't as bad as we like to remember.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Disagree. You can't transform a university that was already a program with a great tradition. He was given everything he needed. He went from 32 to 63 scholarships overnight. Literally he had double the talent to work with. He was given a media deal that put every game on TV and excited the university. He was given a shot at the Gophers 3 times and games vs D1 teams. He was given new locker rooms, new coaching offices, new weight room, new practice facilities, expanded radio coverage, and an athletic budget that doubled. He was given more money to expand recruiting. He was even given a larger coaching salary pool. Heck he even got to be the first coach to be around with expanded tailgating. Shit we even left him with a full cubbord with players like Joe Mays and Steve Walker

He happened to be the coach who was there at the right time. He recognized this and ran with it. Whoever took over the program would have been successful. Maybe not a three peat but it would have been successful.

He is a great coach, just like Mudra, who quicky was replaced by Erhardt. He was great like Wacker and Morton. Morton won a Championship and so did Solomonson and Hager.

Babich was the coach when we saw a drop from 50+ schoarships to 32. His last year was very similar to Bohls 3-8 season.

Bot, you need to be reprogrammed. Sadly, I do not have time to point out all the errors. Your hatred of Bohl is making you short out.

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Bot, you need to be reprogrammed. Sadly, I do not have time to point out all the errors. Your hatred of Bohl is making you short out.

If Bohl wasn't our head coach do you know who the 2nd choice was... GUS BRADLEY (yeah we would have been fucked!)

I could add about 100 other things that Bohl got that Babich didn't get so my list is short. (bohl didn't make the playoffs his first D2 year either) How about a great conference like the MVFC? How about the national exposure our basketball team got?

And if you don't think we had a good tradition in place before hand... :facepalm:

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2014, 06:21 PM
If Bohl wasn't our head coach do you know who the 2nd choice was... GUS BRADLEY (yeah we would have been fucked!)

I could add about 100 other things that Bohl got so my list is short

Dude, let it rest. You sound down right silly.

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Dude, let it rest. You sound down right silly.

You have a Bohl Nut beard. It's really quite entertaining

Our future with Gus Bradley as the head coach, double the scholarships, a D1 schedule and program, and a much larger budget to work as well as resources and tools... we would have been in a great position. If you doubt that, you better go get tested

NDSU92
09-09-2014, 06:32 PM

Our future with Gus Bradley as the head coach, double the scholarships, a D1 schedule and program, and a much larger budget to work as well as resources and tools... we would have been in a great position. If you doubt that, you better go get tested

Would you trade the last 11 years for the chance to go back to 2003 and make Bradley head coach?

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Would you trade the last 11 years for the chance to go back to 2003 and make Bradley head coach?

No but had that been the case who knows we could have been like Biff Tannen in back to the future. (the future version) The idea that Bohl took a dogshit program and turned it around is laughable. Of course I probably shoudn't have responded to the troll to begin with. I've been trolled.

gotts
09-09-2014, 06:36 PM
No but had that been the case who knows we could have been like Biff Tannen in back to the future. (the future version) The idea that Bohl took a dogshit program and turned it around is laughable. Of course I probably shoudn't have responded to the troll to begin with. I've been trolled.

Would you trade the last 11 years to get tailgating opened earlier on Saturday?

HoopsBison
09-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Gabe we get it. You hate fat people and coach bohl, anyone else you want to add?

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Would you trade the last 11 years to get tailgating opened earlier on Saturday?

It would be kind weird. We'd go from Babich quitting directly to Gameday. It would take me a while to figure out what we're doing? I'd look at the standings and wonder who Jacksonville and Baltimore are. Why did the Oilers change names to the Texans? Is it a throwback game? Or would we have an alternate timeline? Would we remove the loss to UND, the missed D2 playoff season, the blowout in Cal Poly, the choke job vs SDSU in 2007, the 3 straight losses to the bunnies, and the 3-8 and 6-5 seasons?

EndZoneQB
09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Dumb argument is dumb. NDSU did a lot for Bohl...Bohl did a lot for NDSU. You really don't believe NDSU made Bohl do you? He knew there was a tradition here, yes. He knew how to use that to his advantage and modeled us after his UNL teams in the 90s. How pivotal was he behind the scenes driving the changes? Zomg, he got a chance to play Minnesota three times. If he wasn't 2-1 against them, would we be at the same place?

Chicken or the egg?

1998braves64
09-09-2014, 08:26 PM
So since Minnesota throws all kinds of money and historically (just not so much recently) have been a good football program anybody could be successful there too right? That is why there was only one coach all 3 times Bohl played them, correct? I love how first two paragraphs you state anyone could have been successful. Then your 3rd paragraph you state Bohl is a great coach. Would Bradley recruited the same players that we had last 3 years? Doubt it would we been as good maybe maybe not. So much depends on getting the right mixture of talent on both sides of the ball. You mess with a piece or two which would be very likely and things could be very different. You can downplay Bohl as a person but to say someone else could have done the same thing with the same financial resources etc you listed with different players is asinine. Some of these players would not had the opportunity nor chance to come to NDSU except for Bohl and his staff. That you can never take away from him.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I was trying to be nice, but now he is accusing me of having oral sex with Bohl, but I hope everyone caught how far off he was on the the supposed scholarship cuts under Babich; I thought that is when he looked the most foolish. I just looked and it is still at 36, where it was in the mid 90's, yet that supposedly happened under Babich. I remember Rocky talking about how he couldn't offer full rides due to the 36 scholie limit.

56BISON73
09-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Gabe was ripping on a very dependable post by Undies. Only reason I commented on it; Gabe seemed to be saying Bohl had nothing to do with our recent success.

Well that seems to throw out the arguement THAT WILL COME UP that CK was successful with Bohls recruits and we will have to see what he does when hes finished riding on his coattails. Watch for it. It will happen.:biggrin:

unbison
09-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Well that seems to throw out the arguement THAT WILL COME UP that CK was successful with Bohls recruits and we will have to see what he does when hes finished riding on his coattails. Watch for it. It will happen.:biggrin:

Only difference will be is he was very key in recruiting then

EndZoneQB
09-09-2014, 09:12 PM
So since Minnesota throws all kinds of money and historically (just not so much recently) have been a good football program anybody could be successful there too right? That is why there was only one coach all 3 times Bohl played them, correct? I love how first two paragraphs you state anyone could have been successful. Then your 3rd paragraph you state Bohl is a great coach. Would Bradley recruited the same players that we had last 3 years? Doubt it would we been as good maybe maybe not. So much depends on getting the right mixture of talent on both sides of the ball. You mess with a piece or two which would be very likely and things could be very different. You can downplay Bohl as a person but to say someone else could have done the same thing with the same financial resources etc you listed with different players is asinine. Some of these players would not had the opportunity nor chance to come to NDSU except for Bohl and his staff. That you can never take away from him.

Both sides of the ball. If Mason recruited defense at least half-assed, he would have had a hell of a team in Minneapolis.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Both sides of the ball. If Mason recruited defense at least half-assed, he would have had a hell of a team in Minneapolis.

The problem with Mase is that he is too damned arrogant to realize his own shortcomings.

tjbison
09-10-2014, 02:29 AM

I will support ndsu, not Wyoming

I will watch some Wyoming games but once bohl left ndsu why the hell should I care what he does

EndZoneQB
09-10-2014, 03:50 AM
The problem with Mase is that he is too damned arrogant to realize his own shortcomings.

Agreed. Well, I've heard him admit exactly what you said.

56BISON73
09-10-2014, 05:00 AM

I would say thats a lot of speculation. And you think HE needs to be tested?

56BISON73
09-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Only difference will be is he was very key in recruiting then

Yes but you are using facts. Obviously you dont know the rules.:D

HerdBot
09-10-2014, 05:36 AM

Gus Bradley is an NFL head coach. He became an NFL head coach before Bohl became an FBS coach. (Not to mention our DC and an NFL DC) To imply he couldn't have done what Bohl did is laughable. Besides Bohl played Minnesota in 06 and 07 with mainly Bob Babichs players. His recruits were the 6-5 and 3-8 season. Of course 2010 and beyond were his guys

Why does everyone think beating the Gophers is a measure of success. Big deal. The USD coach beat them and was fired the next year. Shit SDSU almost best them.

Gus was an NDSU guy to the max. Strange how things work out

The timing was perfect for him and Bohl

56BISON73
09-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Gus Bradley is an NFL head coach. He became an NFL head coach before Bohl became an FBS coach. (Not to mention our DC and an NFL DC) imply he couldn't have done what Bohl did is laughable. Besides Bohl played Minnesota in 06 and 07 with mainly Bob Babichs players. His recruits were the 6-5 and 3-8 season. Of course 2010 and beyond were his guys

The timing was perfect for him.

Unbison where are you?

HerdBot
09-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Also you have to remember my response here was in response to a troll trying to imply that the winning streak at ndsu has nothing to do with the players and coaches and had everything to do with Craig Bohl.

HerdBot
09-10-2014, 07:00 AM
I have nothing more to add to the discussion. I'll say this as my final words on the topic.

Bohl jumped into a perfect situation. D2 scholarship levels that were once at 45 were at 36 when Babichs left. Bohl was given 63. Say what you want but historically when we had 45, we were a dominating team. So going from 36 to 63 is a huge deal. He also figured out what we we've been doing since 1960. . There are a ton of athletes in Minnesota and Wisconsin with only 1 D1A school in each state

Bohl had the opportunity to be the D1 coach and we were the only D1 team in the state. With the move came a dramatically increased budget, facilities upgrades (like new coaching offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms, practice turf, etc.) He was given a giant increase in money to keep assistant coaches. (One of the biggest in the fcs) He was given a schedule that included 3 games with the Gophers. (USD beat them too and their coach was fired a year later). We got into a great conference with instant rivals like UNI. Bohl was also given TV exposure to fire up the fans and promote the team. Games were rarely televised in the Babich era. Heck we even went HD. Fans milked the new tailgating rules and even got a new lot. All of this media and success fed off of each other and the dome ceased being a church to become electric

These moves benefitted Bohl big time. If you don't think so, take away everything I just listed and see how he fares

Bohl was a first time coach but he laid the blue print. But we would have been ok had we hired Gus or whoever. You win with resources

1998braves64
09-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Gus Bradley is an NFL head coach. He became an NFL head coach before Bohl became an FBS coach. (Not to mention our DC and an NFL DC) To imply he couldn't have done what Bohl did is laughable. Besides Bohl played Minnesota in 06 and 07 with mainly Bob Babichs players. His recruits were the 6-5 and 3-8 season. Of course 2010 and beyond were his guys

Why does everyone think beating the Gophers is a measure of success. Big deal. The USD coach beat them and was fired the next year. Shit SDSU almost best them.

The timing was perfect for him and Bohl

So Babich was recruiting for us after 2003??? 2006 had some but 2007 was good number of bohl players not to mention 2011... My point wasn't the fact that NDSU beat Minnesota but that both programs have been given lots of resources devoted to football. Minnesota has put a bunch of resources into football but it was head coaches that have not allowed them to capitalize on their investment. Kill seems to have them going the right way now.

Not once did I say Bradley (nor is the above to be an indicator of what I think would have happened) would have crashed and burned. I just think it is highly unlikely that he recruits the same recruits that Bohl did from 2007-8 on to give us the exact team we had last year. You take a component or five out of the equation the last 3 years where would we be? We'll never know for sure. I will grant you Bohl was in a excellent position to succeed and undoubtedly took some luck with getting the right mixture for locker room and field presence the team had. But still has to execute the plan.

But you cannot downplay and take away from Bohl what he did, up to point he decided to go to Wyoming (which him as a person you can run roughshod all day). Yes other coaches would have had a great opportunity with increases that NDSU was doing but not all coaches would have been able to replicate precisely due to personality/recruitment techniques /dumb luck differences.

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Also you have to remember my response here was in response to a troll trying to imply that the winning streak at ndsu has nothing to do with the players and coaches and had everything to do with Craig Bohl.

UNDies is not really a troll. He clearly admires NDSU even if a fighting whioux at heart. Please explain to me how this is a troll comment (not to mention you just twisted your facts again):

"That's the thing about the NDSU football program that gets overlooked. Obviously there are a lot of championships but it's not like you guys have produced a ton of NFL players, there is a small solid group but nothing crazy. This only reinforces the fact that NDSU has had an outstanding history of coaching. It's not really talked about by the media or other fans. Maybe it's a topic for game day to highlight? "

How the hell is this a troll comment? He is praising NDSU's history of coaches. This is why I called you out. Then, you started making things up to make your point and even now are saying he was crediting everything to Bohl, which he is not. Then, you started using vulgar language at me when I would not let you get away with it. I messed up many times on this board, but I admit it. Just do the same and we'll all leave you alone.

AjaxTheMighty
09-11-2014, 01:23 AM
I have nothing more to add to the discussion. I'll say this as my final words on the topic.

Bohl jumped into a perfect situation. D2 scholarship levels that were once at 45 were at 36 when Babichs left. Bohl was given 63. Say what you want but historically when we had 45, we were a dominating team. So going from 36 to 63 is a huge deal. He also figured out what we we've been doing since 1960. . There are a ton of athletes in Minnesota and Wisconsin with only 1 D1A school in each state

Bohl had the opportunity to be the D1 coach and we were the only D1 team in the state. With the move came a dramatically increased budget, facilities upgrades (like new coaching offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms, practice turf, etc.) He was given a giant increase in money to keep assistant coaches. (One of the biggest in the fcs) He was given a schedule that included 3 games with the Gophers. (USD beat them too and their coach was fired a year later). We got into a great conference with instant rivals like UNI. Bohl was also given TV exposure to fire up the fans and promote the team. Games were rarely televised in the Babich era. Heck we even went HD. Fans milked the new tailgating rules and even got a new lot. All of this media and success fed off of each other and the dome ceased being a church to become electric

These moves benefitted Bohl big time. If you don't think so, take away everything I just listed and see how he fares

Bohl was a first time coach but he laid the blue print. But we would have been ok had we hired Gus or whoever. You win with resources

Lol! flawed logic at it's finest. You are saying that Bohl was successful only because he came into 'the perfect situation'. Then by that same logic anyone hired probably was going to succeed. But under Gus Bradley...now that would be real...EARNED success because he's in the NFL now, as opposed to 'fell into' success. Conjecture is fun! You can create your own facts!!

thebootfitter
09-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Wyoming playing tough against Oregon. Wouldn't have expected it to be this close.

Bisonguy
09-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Wyoming playing tough against Oregon. Wouldn't have expected it to be this close.

They played about as tough as the Coyotes.

StL Bison Fan
09-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Yes, this will be the week.

FFBison
09-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes, this will be the week.

Ha!! Question answered.