PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Bowl eligible

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Thought I would shake things up a bit here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-bowl-eligible-season-ncaa-announces-article-1.1932333

BisonTeacher
09-08-2014, 11:03 PM
That might be enough to get slick posting again. As himself i mean.

bisonaudit
09-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Disaster. .

bisonmike2
09-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Already chanting "joe paterno" and "where's the statue?" on campus. Best comment on deadspin, "the video must have a bad microphone, because I don't hear the chanting, I just hear rhythmic slapping."

onbison09
09-09-2014, 03:33 AM
So what did that accomplish? There's no real right or wrong answer in this whole situation. I thought the sanctions were excessive but I thought something needed to be done.

bisonaudit
01-19-2015, 10:48 PM
What a train wreck. The NCAA should have ended their entire athletic department, instead they rolled back the sanctions and they get repaid with this.

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-hockey-will-wear-409-stickers-on-helmets-t-1680054317

tjbison
01-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Bullshit.....just another P5 flexing it's muscle, bet your ass the b1g was in the ncaa's ear on this.

Bison 4 Life
01-19-2015, 11:16 PM
What a train wreck. The NCAA should have ended their entire athletic department, instead they rolled back the sanctions and they get repaid with this.

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-hockey-will-wear-409-stickers-on-helmets-t-1680054317

Yep, Penn State gives zero shits about what happened on their campus. They only care about hanging on to their legacy.

mebisonII
01-20-2015, 02:58 AM

Heard that the basketball team was going to wear 409 warm-ups, but someone finally thought better of that. Would have paid money to see one player with the guts to come out with a '45' shirt instead (guilty charges for Sandusky).

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-ad-says-409-stickers-were-inappropriate-a-1680413924

HerdBot
01-20-2015, 05:41 AM
So remind me, what exactly was Penn States punishment for one of the most disgusting scandals in NCAA history?

56BISON73
01-20-2015, 05:45 AM
So remind me, what exactly was Penn States punishment for one of the most disgusting scandals in NCAA history?

Thats the problem. The case was a civil issue. The NCAA over stepped it bounds.

HerdBot
01-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Thats the problem. The case was a civil issue. The NCAA over stepped it bounds.

Didn't people go to jail over it? Civil... criminal... NCAA still has (had) a reputation to uphold in my opinion.

56BISON73
01-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Didn't people go to jail over it? Civil... criminal... NCAA still has (had) a reputation to uphold in my opinion.

Tell me what NCAA rules were broken.

bisonaudit
01-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Tell me what NCAA rules were broken.

The one where crimes against children weren't reported to the police because the reputation of the football program was more important than anything else.

NorthernBison
01-20-2015, 01:08 PM
The one where crimes against children weren't reported to the police because the reputation of the football program was more important than anything else.
There's the one totally undeniable fact: Penn State Administrators and fans care MORE about football wins than they do about protecting kids. Actions speak louder than words.

TransAmBison
01-20-2015, 01:30 PM
There's the one totally undeniable fact: Penn State Administrators and fans care MORE about football wins than they do about protecting kids. Actions speak louder than words.++++++++++++++++++++ Absolutely sickening that the concern is reinstating records.

IndyBison
01-20-2015, 01:37 PM
There were no direct NCAA violations. The only thing they had was the vague institutional control which wasn't intended for things like this.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Tatanka
01-20-2015, 01:42 PM
There's the one totally undeniable fact: Penn State Administrators and fans care MORE about football wins than they do about protecting kids. Actions speak louder than words.

Truth ^^^^^^^^^^

bisonaudit
01-20-2015, 02:36 PM
If the NCAA can't punish a member institution because the culture in their athletic department, across their University and throughout their community is so fucked up as to excuse a child molesters actions for over a decade in order to preserve their sacred football program, then they should just stop pretending that they give a shit about anything but the money.

JMB
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
If the NCAA can't punish a member institution because the culture in their athletic department, across their University and throughout their community is so fucked up as to excuse a child molesters actions for over a decade in order to preserve their sacred football program, then they should just stop pretending that they give a shit about anything but the money.

But the purpose of the NCAA isn't to do that. They are there to regulate competition between members. The NCAA got caught up in the angry mob and overstepped their role. They aren't there to police institutions or the culture of the entire institution.

As for Joe Pa's record. Reinstate it for the same reason. His teams didn't cheat. Those records belong to those who played for him. Hell taking them away doesn't punish him anyways, he is cold and in the ground.

bisonaudit
01-20-2015, 05:48 PM
And you though that UND was populated with a bunch of spineless administrators.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/20/penn-state-ad-apologizes-to-penn-state-fans-for-apologizing-about-409-decals/

“409” is not just wins. It is a collective, withering self-delusion, which, try as it might, can’t white out the painful reality of what occurred. Unless you are in State College, of course, where Sandy Barbour just pledged to honor and to celebrate Joe Paterno at the appropriate time.

Bison bison
01-20-2015, 05:57 PM
A little trivia.

409 in roman numerals is CDIX.

StL Bison Fan
01-20-2015, 05:58 PM
A little trivia.

:facepalm:

Hammersmith
01-21-2015, 01:47 AM
A little trivia.

Now that's something I would like to see on a t-shirt with a picture of Sandusky above or below it. I'd wear that to a Penn State basketball or football game. I probably wouldn't get out alive, but it would still be worth it.

Maybe we can get it trending on twitter #CDIX

(what's hilarious is that this is a snarky NDB2 comment that is really true)

56BISON73
01-21-2015, 03:40 AM
Now that's something I would like to see on a t-shirt with a picture of Sandusky above or below it. I'd wear that to a Penn State basketball or football game. I probably wouldn't get out alive, but it would still be worth it.

cdix ????????????????????????

1998braves64
01-21-2015, 08:06 AM
cdix ????????????????????????

say the first letter and then the last three letters as a word...

56BISON73
01-21-2015, 08:11 AM
say the first letter and then the last three letters as a word...

Thanks? I think?

1998braves64
01-21-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks? I think?

you're welcome, I think!? :biggrin:

Bison bison
01-21-2015, 03:32 PM

What's that supposed to mean?

Hammersmith
01-21-2015, 11:05 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

Just in case you actually thought that was an insult(it wasn't), I was referring to comments of yours like the Andy Fales / kid from Toy Story one. Funny, but not really true. This one was funny and true. Just made it all the better.

Hammersmith
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks? I think?

Penn State fans have been pushing to get Joe Pa's win total restored to 409. In Roman numerals, 409 really is written CDIX. When said out loud, CDIX can be pronounced "See Dicks". Coupled with a picture of Sandusky, I think it would be pretty fking funny. Maybe throw a question mark at the end and use the same font as the Got Milk? ads. Obviously I'm in the camp that had no problems with the NCAA sanctions and felt they could have gone further.

*D=500, C=100, X=10, I=1. In Roman numerals, you put the next smallest letter in front of the larger to subtract by that amount. For example:
I=1, II=2, III=3, IV(or V minus I)=4, V=5

So CD = 500-100=400 and IX = 10-1=9, and CDIX=409

Bison bison
01-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Just in case you actually thought that was an insult(it wasn't), I was referring to comments of yours like the Andy Fales / kid from Toy Story one. Funny, but not really true. This one was funny and true. Just made it all the better.

I'm insulted that you responded!

56BISON73
01-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Penn State fans have been pushing to get Joe Pa's win total restored to 409. In Roman numerals, 409 really is written CDIX. When said out loud, CDIX can be pronounced "See Dicks". Coupled with a picture of Sandusky, I think it would be pretty fking funny. Maybe throw a question mark at the end and use the same font as the Got Milk? ads. Obviously I'm in the camp that had no problems with the NCAA sanctions and felt they could have gone further.

*D=500, C=100, X=10, I=1. In Roman numerals, you put the next smallest letter in front of the larger to subtract by that amount. For example:
I=1, II=2, III=3, IV(or V minus I)=4, V=5

So CD = 500-100=400 and IX = 10-1=9, and CDIX=409

Yeah I got it right away when it was explained. The Thanks "I think" was more of a factious comment in---did I really want to know what CDIX meant after I learned what it meant.:biggrin:

1998braves64
01-22-2015, 01:26 AM
Dang Hammer you wasted 30 minutes writing a term paper, when all he needed was my simple explanation!! Even in my sleep deprived night I recognized PLs facetious statement. :biggrin:
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.