PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Player Apoligizes for Actions During FSU Game

NDSUstudent
09-08-2014, 12:00 AM
I think The Citadel will be having a hard time finding future FBS games....Jimbo Fisher was not happy after the game....

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/343694/Screen_Shot_2014-09-07_at_12.49.20_PM.png

This comment was posted on an article in the Post And Courrier, a newspaper covering The Citadel. The player making the comment is Victor Hill, No. 67, the right guard for the Citadel. Florida State lost both of its starting defensive tackles to leg injuries, and a reserve defensive lineman as well, due to cut blocks from The Citadel.

Update: a solid source tells Tomahawk Nation that The Citadel coaches and administration are aware of the comment and will handle the situation appropriately.

Official Statement from Coach Houston on comments from OL Victor Hill ... "In no way does one player's words reflect the philosophy and mindset of our program, player and coaches.I am very disappointed in Victor [Hill]'s choice of words and the matter is being addressed appropriately. The Citadel football program strives to do things in a 1st Class manner. Disciplinary action will be handled accordingly"

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/9/7/6117865/citadel-ol-says-he-contributed-to-the-injury-list-going-for-knees

Bison bison
09-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Dipsh#t should never be on a field again.

Hammersmith
09-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Surprised this isn't on AGS(if it is, I missed it). I'm going to hold off on starting a thread over there hoping a SoCon or other non-Bison poster runs with it.

Citadel players were aiming at knees with 18 sec left in the game 20 yards away from the play. If this were to ever happen at NDSU, I'd be calling for players suspended, stripped of scholarships, and coaches fired(you can't tell me the OL coach couldn't see what was going on during the game even if he didn't know about it beforehand).

tjbison
09-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Surprised this isn't on AGS(if it is, I missed it). I'm going to hold off on starting a thread over there hoping a SoCon or other non-Bison poster runs with it.

Citadel players were aiming at knees with 18 sec left in the game 20 yards away from the play. If this were to ever happen at NDSU, I'd be calling for players suspended, stripped of scholarships, and coaches fired(you can't tell me the OL coach couldn't see what was going on during the game even if he didn't know about it beforehand).

This, cheap shots of any kind should NOT be allowed let alone encouraged. It seems there is more to the story but thats all in my opinion

citdog
09-08-2014, 12:35 AM
He should never have posted to social media. It's called a CUT BLOCK. As old as the game of football. Do find it ironic that at The Citadel posting something like that will get Cadet Hill suspended for at least one game. At Florida State sexual assault and a theft from a local business gets you NOTHING.

citdog
09-08-2014, 12:38 AM

So your receivers don't cut the safety and cornerbacks on the edge or on running plays or downfield? Your Bison don't play hard for the ENTIRE 60 mins? Cadet Hill will be suspended NOT for what he did but for what he SAID

Bison bison
09-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Stay classy Citadel!

citdog
09-08-2014, 12:58 AM
The Citadel committed ZERO penalties against the seminoles. If what we do wasn't within the rules where were the flags? We are a triple option team and defensive guys have NEVER liked to be cut.

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2014, 01:13 AM
I remember the first time we played Georgia Southern in the playoffs the players talked about keeping there legs clean against the triple option. It is a part of the game but to be targeting knees to injure is not. I can't believe he posted that to social media

CAS4127
09-08-2014, 01:19 AM
The Citadel committed ZERO penalties against the seminoles. If what we do wasn't within the rules where were the flags? We are a triple option team and defensive guys have NEVER liked to be cut.

All true triple option offenses use cut block. GSouthern did against us. Nothing wrong with that block.

FYI, NDSU does very little if any cut blocking, including perimeter players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamsRams
09-08-2014, 01:58 AM
All true triple option offenses use cut block. GSouthern did against us. Nothing wrong with that block.

FYI, NDSU does very little if any cut blocking, including perimeter players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have seen a lot more this year.

Doing what the did is college football.
Its just not a good idea to brag about it on social media.