BisoninNWMN
09-07-2014, 06:58 PM
On now!!!

:)

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Downtown.
Shuttle service like last year.
Tailgating starts at 7am for reserved, 7:30am for non-reserved.
Going to follow the same model as last year.
Everyone was happy last year; businesses, residents, ESPN.
Really pushing the shuttle service.
Contact from ESPN started Thursday, pretty much confirmed by Friday.
ESPN very clearly wants downtown.
No changes planned from last year from city services. Street shutdowns, etc.
Last year the city found out about the downtown location Monday morning and started scrambling. This year, they plan to have most of the work done by Monday.
They expect more people this time.
More pushing of shuttles.
Last year was about 5k-6k, planning was for 8k-10k. That's why plans don't need to be changed this year.
Corso will likely be there; working on logistics. He's a lot bigger this year which complicates things.
No arrests last year, no major problems at all of that nature.
Streets start getting shutdown Wednesday, major shutdowns Thursday as the stage is set up, continue through Saturday night.
Business owners more supportive this year now that they know what's coming.
More time to prepare this year; hopes it will help make it better. They're working on exactly how to make it better since it went so well last year.

That's it.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Downtown.

Good deal. Worked like a charm last year.

tjbison
09-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Looks like they forgot to listen to Lakes and his contact

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 07:03 PM
I wish they did tailgating earlier. We missed the start of it last year after setting up in the tailgating lot.

wagsabison
09-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Would have been fun to see if they could have found another location but downtown was good last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Yep. Apparently NDSU the campus gets screw job again

MrSnuffleupagus
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I wish they did tailgating earlier. We missed the start of it last year after setting up in the tailgating lot.

This. I feel like it should be earlier, so everyone can get set up, and participate downtown AND tailgate.

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I see there is a link at WDAY.com

Couldnt get video to work...anyone else?

marenlee
09-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Postal Service must run your ISP. Nice and clear in Georgia.

tjbison
09-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Working fine for me, not a lot of groundbreaking news, same plan as last year, exactly, basically said ESPN told them to do it the same they loved it

Tailgating 7am for reserved, 7:30 for GA
Shuttles again
same Parking issue warning

NDSUSR
09-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Locks up IE and firefox gets no no sound.

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 07:16 PM
I kept updating my original post near the top of the thread. Think I got everything.

unbison
09-07-2014, 07:17 PM

You amaze me.....gameday is in fargo and you can only bitch

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Working fine for me, not a lot of groundbreaking news, same plan as last year, exactly, basically said ESPN told them to do it the same they loved it

Tailgating 7am for reserved, 7:30 for GA
Shuttles again
same Parking issue warning

Gameday starts at 8 and they let people go in at 7:30. I'm not a math genius but that's not enough time to get set up and downtown. It wasn't last year. C'mon guys did we not learn?

tjbison
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM

lots are doing that, gets old im sure lee and gameday will have their facebook and twitter blow up with people bitching its downtown again...etc etc

maybe they pack up and say Fuck you then NDSU be glad we are here instead of complain, but some people just cant be happy no matter what

NDSUSR
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Same as he did last time. Let ESPN do what they do.

Gully
09-07-2014, 07:22 PM

If it takes you that long to set up, just simplify it for this game. You'll have plenty of opportunity to tailgate this year.

tjbison
09-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Gameday starts at 8 and they let people go in at 7:30. I'm not a math genius but that's not enough time to get set up and downtown. It wasn't last year. C'mon guys did we not learn?

well I was just fine, I chose to not go to gameday and set my shit up with a few others while I welcomed the rest of my crew that wanted to to not worry about the gear, so pick your poison tailgate or gameday. Every saturday people somewhere need to make that choice. If you want to get down and experience gamedy go as thats really something you cant do, you can tailgate the rest of the year

Gully
09-07-2014, 07:23 PM

Your live video will be available this evening.

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm just going to repost this here at the bottom in case it answers questions some might have:

Press conference starts.
Downtown.
Going to follow the same model as last year.
Everyone was happy last year; businesses, residents, ESPN.
Really pushing the shuttle service.
Contact from ESPN started Thursday, pretty much confirmed by Friday.
ESPN very clearly wants downtown.
No changes planned from last year from city services. Street shutdowns, etc.
Last year the city found out about the downtown location Monday morning and started scrambling. This year, they plan to have most of the work done by Monday.
They expect more people this time.
More pushing of shuttles.
Last year was about 5k-6k, planning was for 8k-10k. That's why plans don't need to be changed this year.
Corso will likely be there; working on logistics. He's a lot bigger this year which complicates things.
No arrests last year, no major problems at all of that nature.
Streets start getting shutdown Wednesday, major shutdowns Thursday as the stage is set up, continue through Saturday night.
Business owners more supportive this year now that they know what's coming.
More time to prepare this year; hopes it will help make it better. They're working on exactly how to make it better since it went so well last year.

That's it.

Gully
09-07-2014, 07:25 PM

Oh, I see you go in at 7:30. We go in at 7:00 so it shouldn't be a problem for us at all.

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I missed the conference so thanks for posting the highlights here.

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Oh, I see you go in at 7:30. We go in at 7:00 so it shouldn't be a problem for us at all.

You actually going to come downtown this year?

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Last year I didn't get downtown by the set until about 8:30 and the broadcast started at 8:00. It's just not good timing. This is totally obvious by comparing the early crowd to the late crowd.

heffray
09-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Gameday Coming to Fargo at all is pretty unique. It makes sense that they would set up uniquely in a downtown location. Not a lot of college set-ups have that. While I wish we could showcase our campus a little more, I think the downtown location is awesome, and clearly a reason why they are coming back.

Gully
09-07-2014, 07:35 PM
You actually going to come downtown this year?

I am! I hope we can get 10,000 down there this time.

Bison_Pride
09-07-2014, 07:35 PM
**Live Nude Girls**

or no?

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 07:36 PM
I am! I hope we can get 10,000 down there this time.

Fair weather fan!

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Miss ND should be there since she is from NDSU.

Bison bison
09-07-2014, 07:39 PM
**Live Nude Girls**

or no?

Definitely alive...???

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Miss ND should be there since she is from NDSU.

Guest picker?

tjbison
09-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Guest picker?

im hoping they find someone high profile....NOT Kat Perkins please

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 08:28 PM

GFY, so sick of your repetitive s#!t.