PDA

View Full Version : Live From Fargo. Get Up. It's Gameday!! (part 2!)

Pages : [1] 2

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Remember Gameday starts at 8 am and the tailgating lots open at 7. Barely enough time to be there by 8. To request early opening email the guys below

Prakash.Mathew@ndsu.edu (701) 231-8985
Josh.Hemingway@ndsu.edu (701)
Pat.Simmers@ndsu.edu (701) 231-9555
rsobolik@fargodome.com (701) 241-9100

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5dnFYIEAIj6Z3.jpg

Bisonguy
09-07-2014, 04:36 AM
I hope Corso kicks Lee Corso right in his little "Not So Fast, My Friend".

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 04:38 AM
For those of you who want a refresher...

http://youtu.be/UV4YRL5d-98

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Will they have different t shirts this year ya think?

GOBISON123
09-07-2014, 04:48 AM
I see what you did on the Sioux message board...:rofl::rofl::judges:

NDSUstudent
09-07-2014, 04:50 AM
They've lost their damn minds at SS.com....

No big games? I Guess Georgia at South Carolina isn't a big game same with Iowa State at Iowa, UCLA at Texas, Purdue at Notre Dame, and USC at Boston College.

MNLonghorn10
09-07-2014, 04:56 AM

Fat drunk and stupid is no way for cberkas to go through life

PattyBison
09-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Will they have different t shirts this year ya think?

Yes but I am unable to link right now. On Scheels and Goergen's Twitter accounts.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 05:04 AM
I see what you did on the Sioux message board...:rofl::rofl::judges:

Wasn't me. Please refrain from UN_ stuff. This is about NDSU.

NDSUstudent
09-07-2014, 05:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5srWWCMAApgVF.jpg

aces1180
09-07-2014, 05:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 05:09 AM
There will be a few un_ jackwagons there with their hockey jerseys on and holding signs attached to hockey sticks that say something dumb about the nickel. Sad.

NDSUstudent
09-07-2014, 05:10 AM
Fat drunk and stupid is no way for cberkas to go through life

His second post is ever funnier. I'm not sure he gets what Gameday looks for...

Professor Chaos
09-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Twice in a lifetime opportunity :biggrin:

We don't even need an AD to get GameDay :biggrin::biggrin:

KilldeerBison
09-07-2014, 05:19 AM
I hope Corso kicks Lee Corso right in his little "Not So Fast, My Friend".

Mess with the Bison, you get the horns!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
09-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Drunk and happy.

Bisonguy
09-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Mess with the Bison, you get the horns!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I hope Corso gives Lee Corso the horns right in his little " Not So Fast, My Friend".

thebigund
09-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Three peat next year after the four peat to take in teh rivalries? They surely can't pass that up.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm embarrassed by this thread already. Friggin douche bags and I'm not talking about UN_

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Has anyone checked to see if there is a meltdown on the Gopherhole? A B1G school that has never hosted GameDay and their ill conceived arrogance over the Bison has to make a second trip to Fargo a bitter pill to swallow.

No_Skill
09-07-2014, 12:03 PM
They opened up tailgating early last year right? Anyone remember how much earlier? I would love it if they openeded them up the night before to at least park and get situated.

1998braves64
09-07-2014, 12:18 PM
They opened up tailgating early last year right? Anyone remember how much earlier? I would love it if they openeded them up the night before to at least park and get situated.

I think it was an hour earlier??

BisonNation11
09-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I want to say it was 2 hours early... I can't remember though as I spent the entire time tailgating if you catch my drift

dewey
09-07-2014, 01:18 PM
They opened up the tailgating lot at 7:00 am last year.

Dewey

Tatanka
09-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I believe it has to be a sad existence when the best thing you can do is plan to troll someone else's big event.. Just sayin'.
Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

Bisonguy
09-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I believe it has to be a sad existence when the best thing you can do is plan to troll someone else's big event.. Just sayin'.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

++ ten char

Wally
09-07-2014, 02:08 PM
i believe it has to be a sad existence when the best thing you can do is plan to troll someone else's annual big event.. Just sayin'.
Sent from somewhere using my windows phone.

fify:):):)

BisoninNWMN
09-07-2014, 02:11 PM
If they have it by the tailgate, I wonder how many people will be there? Any guesses?

IMO, there would probably too many...:biggrin:

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Definitely.......

bandit218
09-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Damn I wish Missoula was closer. I would be curious what kind of company 2 in a row puts us in?

Bison 4 Life
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Hey, as soon as ESPN College Hockey Gameday becomes a thing, they're in.

Presented by Tim Horton's

BisoninNWMN
09-07-2014, 02:17 PM

:rofl:

Check rep!

DCinOK
09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Wish I could be there, but would be a long drive and short weekend from Oklahoma. I just hope Bison fans turn out in even better numbers, better signs, and better everything....last year was awesome to watch on TV, and down here in Sooner Country everyone now knows North Dakota State.

Tatanka
09-07-2014, 02:57 PM

This post right here.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 03:07 PM
nice publicity---we can start a new thread for these or keep them here

The GameDay crew headed to Fargo last September and the scene on Main Street was incredible. .
The Bison host Incarnate Word, in a game expected to be a blowout. But it's not about the score, or the game. It's about showing respect for the best FCS program in the country.
Oh, and yeah, the scene inside the FargoDome ain't that bad either.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-09-06/north-dakota-state-bison-espn-college-gameday-fargo-fargodome-fcs-football

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Some up north should read this twice then hit themselves......It's about showing respect for the best FCS program in the country..
nice publicity---we can start a new thread for these or keep them here

The GameDay crew headed to Fargo last September and the scene on Main Street was incredible. .
The Bison host Incarnate Word, in a game expected to be a blowout. But it's not about the score, or the game. It's about showing respect for the best FCS program in the country.
Oh, and yeah, the scene inside the FargoDome ain't that bad either.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-09-06/north-dakota-state-bison-espn-college-gameday-fargo-fargodome-fcs-football

bisonmike2
09-07-2014, 03:26 PM

This would make a good sign for Gameday.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 03:59 PM
If it's downtown I would like to see more people. Maybe not even more Bison fans, just more FM people getting out to support the community.

tjbison
09-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I hope we get a day like last year again, could not have asked for a more beautiful day

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Damn I wish Missoula was closer. I would be curious what kind of company 2 in a row puts us in?

Florida State
Miami
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Texas
Notre Dame
Air Force
USC
Oregon
Colorado
Florida
Auburn
LSU
Alabama
Tennessee
South Carolina
Texas A&M
North Dakota State

BisonTeacher
09-07-2014, 04:29 PM
If it's downtown I would like to see more people. Maybe not even more Bison fans, just more FM people getting out to support the community.

Wait...theres people in the FM community who AREN'T Bison fans?

There should be a law.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Signs Signs Everywhere Signs week

Concerning NDSU and CGD2 NDSU is holding a Signs Signs Everywhere Signs contest.
Who can compete, all regional k-12 kids winner free term of tuition to SU

Contest make the best Sign featuring NDSU Football, NDSU and or the state of ND.

NDSU in conjunction with the city should be doing stuff like this

IN

A1pigskin
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I saw Corso at Scheels and he grew a lot since last year. He does not look like a calf anymore.

Bison Gal
09-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Mostly good comments about location in Bleacher Report article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2190086-espn-college-gameday-to-headed-to-fargo-for-north-dakota-state-game-in-week-3

Bison_Pride
09-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Is is possible to open up the Fargodome early and do it inside?

Reasons they might do this:

-I have a feeling Gameday likes to change things up. Not always do whats expected.
-Close to tailgating, with lots of people. We'd put 10-15K in there easily.
-A minor cold front moving in later this week.
-the game isn't until 2:30. There should be time to get things in order for the game.
-The Fargodome is becoming legendary in college football conversations for it's loudness.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Wait...theres people in the FM community who AREN'T Bison fans?

There should be a law.

Heck get Concordia and Moorhead State people there. Were all in the same community

Bison_Pride
09-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Line Broadway with smiling turd sculptures.

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=D2&Date=20090915&Category=ENT01&ArtNo=909150805&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=90

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Line Broadway with smiling turd sculptures.

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=D2&Date=20090915&Category=ENT01&ArtNo=909150805&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=90

Looks like a Craig Bohl shit eatin' grin

NDSUstudent
09-07-2014, 06:58 PM
It will be downtown again, same place.

NDSUstudent
09-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Tailgating will open early again...7 a.m.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Kinda disappointed its downtown in the same spot...again. Oh well, will still be great.

MNLonghorn10
09-07-2014, 07:00 PM
It will be downtown again, same place.
blah. woulda been cool to try somethin different.

pucknut9
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Good to hear.

BisonNeil
09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
blah. woulda been cool to try somethin different.

Some people just cannot be made to be happy.

It's simply not good enough for you that they come back for two consecutive years and the only time that's happened to an FCS school?

Or that some pathetic college football programs like the Minnesota Gophers have never hosted GameDay?

No, instead we have to freaking whine about the location that turned out to be spectacular and made the entire region look grand. OMFG! Grow the f__k up!

1998braves64
09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
"To think (GameDay will come) two years in a row, I don’t know what to say," Bison defensive end Kyle Emanuel told Jeff Kolpack of The Jamestown Sun. "It’s unreal. It’s more than a dream come true."

Kolpack get demoted??

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

tony
09-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Kolpack get demoted??

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

He's moonlighting? :)

Hammersmith
09-07-2014, 08:53 PM

It's simply not good enough for you that they come back for two consecutive years and the only time that's happened to an FCS school?

Or that some pathetic college football programs like the Minnesota Gophers have never hosted GameDay?

No, instead we have to freaking whine about the location that turned out to be spectacular and made the entire region look grand. OMFG! Grow the f__k up!

It's the selfishness that gets me. Say they move it to the tailgating lots. What does that do for NDSU? Absolutely nothing. There are at least 50 programs out there that have larger and/or better looking tailgating setups than we do. And GameDay has been to just about all of them multiple times. Our stadium isn't attractive to look at for 3 hours. We have no terrain features to use as a backdrop. We've got nothing. The only people who come out ahead if GameDay sets up near the tailgating lots are those who want to be able to get drunk and shuffle over to preen in front of the cameras.

OTOH, a downtown location brings something new/different to GameDay. They liked it so much last time that not only are they coming back, but they did another downtown show to start the year in Fort Worth. To successfully push NDSU's brand nationwide, we need to link three things together: NDSU, Bizon and Fargo. Broadcasting from downtown gets us all three; broadcasting from the FD gets us maybe one or two. To throw that away just to make tailgating and drinking a little easier is just unfathomable to me. That's why I can't even think of people like that as NDSU fans; only fans of themselves.

HoopsBison
09-07-2014, 08:54 PM
For those against downtown, name a better location. The answer there isnt one. It looked sweet as hell on tv last year and will be again this year.

HerdBot
09-07-2014, 08:59 PM

This ^
My only suggestion is to open the tailgating lots an hour earlier so fans can make it by 8am.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Yep........................
it's the selfishness that gets me. Say they move it to the tailgating lots. What does that do for ndsu? Absolutely nothing. There are at least 50 programs out there that have larger and/or better looking tailgating setups than we do. And gameday has been to just about all of them multiple times. Our stadium isn't attractive to look at for 3 hours. We have no terrain features to use as a backdrop. We've got nothing. The only people who come out ahead if gameday sets up near the tailgating lots are those who want to be able to get drunk and shuffle over to preen in front of the cameras.

Otoh, a downtown location brings something new/different to gameday. They liked it so much last time that not only are they coming back, but they did another downtown show to start the year in fort worth. To successfully push ndsu's brand nationwide, we need to link three things together: Ndsu, bizon and fargo. Broadcasting from downtown gets us all three; broadcasting from the fd gets us maybe one or two. To throw that away just to make tailgating and drinking a little easier is just unfathomable to me. That's why i can't even think of people like that as ndsu fans; only fans of themselves.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 09:02 PM
plus we now get to do the funnest sign ever. USC balconies I am still laughing!

For those against downtown, name a better location. The answer there isnt one. It looked sweet as hell on tv last year and will be again this year.

MNLonghorn10
09-07-2014, 09:07 PM

tell us how you really feel.

pucknut9
09-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Nail on head. Some folks were just born to bitch.

GOB1SON
09-07-2014, 10:05 PM
I haven't see this posted anywhere else, but has anyone thought of opening the tailgate lot an hour earlier so that people that are insanely slow at opening a cooler and cracking a beer can get a couple shotgunned down before they head downtown?

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but I think that we should have had GameDay in the west lot. I bet we would have 30,000 there and break every game day record and Fowler's and Herbstreits twitter feed would just melt down or blow up or something I guess. It must be a conspiracy among all the people I hate and am jealous of like the Forum and the Marcils and Denny Walaker and Steve Scheel and Matthew Prakash, whoever the hell that is.

The definition of insanity is what????

Posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over on an anonymous message board won't change the world.

And it means I have to sort through 20 bullshit posts in every thread to find the one that has value.

The world is run by those that show up. Pay your dues, attend a meeting, express your concerns, have a voice, and cast your vote. But to sit on Bisonville and snipe at everyone that you perceived to have pissed in your oatmeal this morning is just silly. And frankly, it lowers the level of discussion on this board to the lowest possible denominator.

By the way, anybody notice the game 53 had last night? Holy shit that kid can play.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Kinda ironic I had to sort through your ranting about other peoples ranting before I got to any thing of substance in post...number 53 and his game. Not trying to pick a fight, as I agree, but where you sit is where you stand....Just saying!

I haven't see this posted anywhere else, but has anyone thought of opening the tailgate lot an hour earlier so that people that are insanely slow at opening a cooler and cracking a beer can get a couple shotgunned down before they head downtown?

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but I think that we should have had GameDay in the west lot. I bet we would have 30,000 there and break every game day record and Fowler's and Herbstreits twitter feed would just melt down or blow up or something I guess. It must be a conspiracy among all the people I hate and am jealous of like the Forum and the Marcils and Denny Walaker and Steve Scheel and Matthew Prakash, whoever the hell that is.

Posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over on an anonymous message board won't change the world.

And it means I have to sort through 20 bullshit posts in every thread to find the one that has value.

The world is run by those that show up. Pay your dues, attend a meeting, express your concerns, have a voice, and cast your vote. But to sit on Bisonville and snipe at everyone that you perceived to have pissed in your oatmeal this morning is just silly. And frankly, it lowers the level of discussion on this board to the lowest possible denominator.

By the way, anybody notice the game 53 had last night? Holy shit that kid can play.

BisonNation11
09-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Kinda ironic I had to sort through your ranting about other peoples ranting before I got to any thing of substance in post...number 53 and his game. Just saying!
It's called making a point.

MAKBison
09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
AAANNNNDDDD depending on your point of view, its also called a few other things......like I said its where you sit is where you stand.

It's called making a point.

tjamz
09-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Florida State
Miami
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Texas
Notre Dame
Air Force
USC
Oregon
Colorado
Florida
Auburn
LSU
Alabama
Tennessee
South Carolina
Texas A&M
North Dakota State

Can't be true.... those are all very good FBS teams with a great football tradition. There has to be another reason!!!

Bison bison
09-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Any guess on what these teams have in common?

Florida State
Miami
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Texas
Notre Dame
USC
Oregon
Colorado
Florida
Auburn
LSU
Alabama
Tennessee
Texas A&M
NDSU

KC Bison
09-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Florida State
Miami
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Texas
Notre Dame
Air Force
USC
Oregon
Colorado
Florida
Auburn
LSU
Alabama
Tennessee
South Carolina
Texas A&M
North Dakota State

Ok, I'll say the obvious....teams with at least two Game Day appearances?

gumby013
09-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Forecast right now is saying 37F at the start of Gameday.

Nice!

VirginiaBison
09-08-2014, 12:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5dnFYIEAIj6Z3.jpg

Game Day should start where it left off... with Lee Corso wearing the bison head and bring out the baby bison Corso and explaining that Bizon Corso has been growing since last year headed for 4-peat pastures with a new set of handlers..... Bizon coaching turnover, new qb, new line, new win streaks, etc. Game Day is here to pick where they left off.....then have shot of Chris Fowler coming along behind Lee and bison Corso with shovel and broom cleaning up behind the Bizon.

Hammersmith
09-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Ok, I'll say the obvious....teams with at least two Game Day appearances?

Close. I posted it in response to someone who asked what company back to back GD appearance gets you. The multiple GD list is much longer.

I don't know why NDB2 posted the same list without Air Force and South Carolina.

BisonFan02
09-08-2014, 12:30 AM
It's the selfishness that gets me. Say they move it to the tailgating lots. What does that do for NDSU? Absolutely nothing. There are at least 50 programs out there that have larger and/or better looking tailgating setups than we do. And GameDay has been to just about all of them multiple times. Our stadium isn't attractive to look at for 3 hours. We have no terrain features to use as a backdrop. We've got nothing. The only people who come out ahead if GameDay sets up near the tailgating lots are those who want to be able to get drunk and shuffle over to preen in front of the cameras.

OTOH, a downtown location brings something new/different to GameDay. They liked it so much last time that not only are they coming back, but they did another downtown show to start the year in Fort Worth. To successfully push NDSU's brand nationwide, we need to link three things together: NDSU, Bizon and Fargo. Broadcasting from downtown gets us all three; broadcasting from the FD gets us maybe one or two. To throw that away just to make tailgating and drinking a little easier is just unfathomable to me. That's why I can't even think of people like that as NDSU fans; only fans of themselves.

This...Downtown shows a lot better on TV and makes for a much better show. If people get pissy about not being able to get hammered between 8-11am on a Saturday for one week, I would start to take a look at your priorities perhaps?

Bison bison
09-08-2014, 12:42 AM
I don't know why NDB2 posted the same list without Air Force and South Carolina.

I do.......

HInt: What's the difference between Air Force and South Carolina and everyone else on the list...

HerdBot
09-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Forecast right now is saying 37F at the start of Gameday.

Nice!

Now it says low of 46 and high of 63 on Saturday. Would assume the 46 is in the middle of the night

GOBISON123
09-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Now it says low of 46 and high of 63 on Saturday. Would assume the 46 is in the middle of the night

Its chilly everywhere....heck it will be in the 50s in Wyoming

Hail bison
09-08-2014, 04:53 AM

Usually coldest when the sun is coming up but those temps seem just fine

onbison09
09-08-2014, 04:54 AM

​++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
At least this thread hasn't derailed by FBS talk yet

Bison_Pride
09-08-2014, 09:57 AM
The only other games that people are bitching about that didn't get Gameday involve Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Georgia and South Carolina.

It's possible ESPN might be avoiding those sites with the Gameday crew so that it's new network SEC Nation can get a foothold there and get familiar with the set up. Gameday wants fresh angles and NDSU is still a pretty compelling "small guys beating up the big guys" storyline.

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Yep from years of hunting believe me it is coldest just as sun comes up.

1998braves64
09-08-2014, 11:24 AM

It says 39 now, but if you are looking at weather.com you have to look at Friday's low for how cold it will be in morning. That is how they work.. High is usually during the afternoon and low is usually (unless a warm up happens after 1am) the temp just prior to sunrise. Lost my tomatoes to frost a few years ago looking at it like you did as low on Sat night/Sun morning is 46.

BisonTeacher
09-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Yep from years of hunting believe me it is coldest just as sun comes up.

Science lesson for the day.

http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu/classes/idm3020/tut_folder/nick_tutorial/Images/day.gif

KyleK
09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
We had an unbelievable scene there last year, maybe the all-time best GameDay scene," Fitting said. "If the scene's great and the team's relevant, then why not go back?"

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/09/07/3362512_college-gameday-returning-to-fargo.html?sp=/99/109/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

SDbison
09-08-2014, 02:02 PM
OK, The folks in FM and surrounding area need to show up in downtown by the thousands now. Maybe won't break the record, but no reason that 10,000 is far surpassed and closer to 15,000. Need many of the buildings to have huge banners and fans to have more and better signs than before. Operation make this the best Gameday of the Century is hereby a challenge to Bison Nation!

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Last year there were GameDay shirts for sale on the ESPN website. Now I can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

Civil06
09-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Last year there were GameDay shirts for sale on the ESPN website. Now I can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

Scheels facebook said yesterday that they're working on getting them online.

KyleK
09-08-2014, 02:11 PM

http://www.scheels.com/shop/en/scheels-catalog/adult-blue-84-ndsu-gameday-clear-out-t-shirt-9723-tsgi-pcd1956-f4

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the info!

RockyMountainBison
09-08-2014, 02:47 PM
To unnecessarily echo SDbison, can everyone please do their part to show up and encourage others to go as well. Please choose GameDay over tailgate, please deal with traffic, crowds, parking, cold, anything. For those of us who simply cannot make it, it means the world to see the turnout and the pride. I was literally in tears during the open last year on TV with pride seeing how awesome this school and it's people are. Please do your part to make it better this year. Go Bison!

MAKBison
09-08-2014, 02:52 PM
It is sounding more and more that the outcome of this CGD has implications for future events. I keep hearing it has to be bigger an better than last year. If we knock it out of the park there is no reason why they dont come back a 3rd time. I am not saying back to back to back, but, well you get it.....

To unnecessarily echo SDbison, can everyone please do their part to show up and encourage others to go as well. Please choose GameDay over tailgate, please deal with traffic, crowds, parking, cold, anything. For those of us who simply cannot make it, it means the world to see the turnout and the pride. I was literally in tears during the open last year on TV with pride seeing how awesome this school and it's people are. Please do your part to make it better this year. Go Bison!

Bison03
09-08-2014, 03:05 PM
So let's just step back and see what we have to look forward to Saturday.

8:00 - ESPN College Gameday returns and 10,000 people pack downtown Fargo.
11:00 - Tailgate lots fill up with people from downtown for the first tailgate/game of the year.
2:15 - Banner raised for the 3rd straight year.
2:20 - Team runs through the tunnel to deafining loudness.
2:25 - Frisco Mayor Maher Maso announced to flip the coin to a loud ovation.
2:30 - Everone up for the kickoff!!!
5:30 - Celebrate another victory post game in the tailgate lot.
6:30 - Pass out on couch after being up for over 12 hours. Successful Bison gameday complete.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 03:14 PM

-I have a feeling Gameday likes to change things up. Not always do whats expected.
-the game isn't until 2:30. There should be time to get things in order for the game.
-The Fargodome is becoming legendary in college football conversations for it's loudness.

You just made that up!

Hail bison
09-08-2014, 03:20 PM

You just made that up!

Gameday is coming to NDSU again!!!!!

HerdBot
09-08-2014, 03:24 PM
So let's just step back and see what we have to look forward to Saturday.

8:00 - ESPN College Gameday returns and 10,000 people pack downtown Fargo.
11:00 - Tailgate lots fill up with people from downtown for the first tailgate/game of the year.
2:15 - Banner raised for the 3rd straight year.
2:20 - Team runs through the tunnel to deafining loudness.
2:25 - Frisco Mayor Maher Maso announced to flip the coin to a loud ovation.
2:30 - Everone up for the kickoff!!!
5:30 - Celebrate another victory post game in the tailgate lot.
6:30 - Pass out on couch after being up for over 12 hours. Successful Bison gameday complete.

Agree but here's reality. Get in line to park tailgating rig so I can get downtown.
6:30. Get in line to park tailgating rig
7:30. Line starts moving.
7:45. Rig parked and start walking to shuttle bus.
7:55 arrive at bus
8:10 bus leaves
8:30 arrive downtown
8:40 arrive at gameday

Meantime we miss the start at 8 am. Even for the reserved you miss the start. Throw in construction and it could be worse. All this could be prevented by opening the tailgating lot at 6:30

LikeMothers
09-08-2014, 03:24 PM
OK, The folks in FM and surrounding area need to show up in downtown by the thousands now. Maybe won't break the record, but no reason that 10,000 is far surpassed and closer to 15,000. Need many of the buildings to have huge banners and fans to have more and better signs than before. Operation make this the best Gameday of the Century is hereby a challenge to Bison Nation!

Need to get the word out on how well the transportation went last year. People need to have it hammered into their heads that the words "crowds" and "traffic" really don't apply when you can be down to the event in a few minutes by shuttle bus or park 2 blocks away and then be back in the tailgating lot in 10 minutes. (Well, 15 if you're not riding with SDBison). I've had more frustrating traffic jams getting out of church on Sunday.

BisonFan02
09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Agree but here's reality. Get in line to park tailgating rig so I can get downtown.
6:30. Get in line to park tailgating rig
7:30. Line starts moving.
7:45. Rig parked and start walking to shuttle bus.
7:55 arrive at bus
8:10 bus leaves
8:30 arrive downtown
8:40 arrive at gameday

Meantime we miss the start. All this could be prevented by opening the tailgating lot at 6:30

6:00 or before - Park truck at dome/downtown/anywhere
8:00 - Gameday
11:00 - Gameday ends...walk to dome/shuttle/drive truck
11:30 - "Tailgate"

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=BadlandsGrizFan;909235]

Gameday is coming to NDSU again!!!!!

They're coming again because NDSU is a little guy beating up big schools, and that makes for a good story....rightfully so....not because the Fargodome. It is a decent venue for an FCS program..nothing more, and surely isn't legendary.

Bison03
09-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Need to get the word out on how well the transportation went last year. People need to have it hammered into their heads that the words "crowds" and "traffic" really don't apply when you can be down to the event in a few minutes by shuttle bus or park 2 blocks away and then be back in the tailgating lot in 10 minutes. (Well, 15 if you're not riding with SDBison). I've had more frustrating traffic jams getting out of church on Sunday.

Agreed. I parked by Sanford on 7th Ave and Broadway to get out quicker. I could have parked at the Bismarck and gotten out just as quick. There will be more people but getting in and out will be just as easy. At the press conference yesterday, they said they were prepared for 10k last year, they should be good this year again. I was craking a beer in the tailgate lot at 11:20 last year.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 03:31 PM

These are really loud when you stand in them and yell, surely not legendary tho!

HerdBot
09-08-2014, 03:32 PM
6:00 or before - Park truck at dome/downtown/anywhere
8:00 - Gameday
11:00 - Gameday ends...walk to dome/shuttle/drive truck
11:30 - "Tailgate"

It sure would be useful to let us park in the tailgating lot at 6 am. No place to easily park a 20 foot RV downtown and it would make a bad traffic situation worse. We had a great thread on it but the mods moved it to "our house" and nobody is reading it anymore.

BisonFan02
09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
It sure would be useful to let us park in the tailgating lot at 6 am. No place to easily park a 20 foot RV downtown and it would make a bad traffic situation worse. We had a great thread on it but the mods moved it to "our house" and nobody is reading it anymore.

Do you tailgate inside your 20 foot RV? Canopy and grill for us....5 minutes tops and the tailgate of one truck...4 total parking spots/2 vehicles and use two spaces for a canopy. Done deal.

HerdBot
09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Do you tailgate inside your 20 foot RV? Canopy and grill for us....5 minutes tops and the tailgate of one truck...4 total parking spots/2 vehicles and use two spaces for a canopy. Done deal.

Need the RV to move our crew of 20 people so it actually makes it more efficient instead of driving 8 cars.

BisonFan02
09-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Need the RV to move our crew of 20 people so it actually makes it more efficient instead of driving 8 cars.

Do you pick up every one of those people riding in 8 cars or do they drive to the RV in Fargo?

BlueBisonRock
09-08-2014, 03:44 PM
They're coming again because NDSU is a little guy beating up big schools, and that makes for a good story....rightfully so....not because the Fargodome. It is a decent venue for an FCS program..nothing more, and surely isn't legendary.

I thought your colors were maroon and Silver not Envy Green.

BTW, are you related to Griz1952?

SDbison
09-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Need to get the word out on how well the transportation went last year. People need to have it hammered into their heads that the words "crowds" and "traffic" really don't apply when you can be down to the event in a few minutes by shuttle bus or park 2 blocks away and then be back in the tailgating lot in 10 minutes. (Well, 15 if you're not riding with SDBison). I've had more frustrating traffic jams getting out of church on Sunday. LOL! More like back to tailgate in 5 minutes........I notice you don't ask for rides anymore!

HerdBot
09-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Do you pick up every one of those people riding in 8 cars or do they drive to the RV in Fargo?

They all meet at my house and leave their cars. We all drive in the RV.

NDSUBowler
09-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm too lazy and you're too inconsequential for me to waste my time putting in any more work than this post, but how many lists has Wash-Grizz Stadium made or how many times has WG been mentioned in national articles for being a must-see experience? Because the Fargodome has been in a fair number over the years. Go back to your hole.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm too lazy and you're too inconsequential for me to waste my time putting in any more work than this post, but how many lists has Wash-Grizz Stadium made or how many times has WG been mentioned in national articles for being a must-see experience? Because the Fargodome has been in a fair number over the years. Go back to your hole.

Hahaha is this a joke, if not you need to read more. Its been on many lists, ESPN announcer said and I quote, "ive been to a lot of loud stadiums, but this has gotta be tops, it reminds me of Autzen stadium!" I've never once heard the Fargodome get national recognition, except from its own fans! I mean honestly...even for smack talk your statement is retarded.

Green1
09-08-2014, 04:06 PM

These are really loud when you stand in them and yell, surely not legendary tho!

WHAT???

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE ACCOLADES THE BISON ARE RECEIVING FROM NATIONAL MEDIA!

Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't important.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 04:07 PM
WHAT???

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE ACCOLADES THE BISON ARE RECEIVING FROM NATIONAL MEDIA!

Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't important.

It wasn't. continue

SDbison
09-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Hahaha is this a joke, if not you need to read more. Its been on many lists, ESPN announcer said and I quote, "ive been to a lot of loud stadiums, but this has gotta be tops, it reminds me of Autzen stadium!" I've never once heard the Fargodome get national recognition, except from its own fans! I mean honestly...even for smack talk your statement is retarded. We have had trolls at Bisonville before, but never one as butthurt as you.

tjbison
09-08-2014, 04:13 PM
We have had trolls at Bisonville before, but never one as butthurt as you.

yeah you would think ESPN cared about Montana.....but they don't so I don't care what he says

BisonFan02
09-08-2014, 04:21 PM
They all meet at my house and leave their cars. We all drive in the RV.

Soooooo.......All 8 cars drive to a destination (your house) and commute together in an RV....but cannot drive to a different location and shuttle to the dome (with a trailing vehicle for gear)?

NDSUBowler
09-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Hahaha is this a joke, if not you need to read more. Its been on many lists, ESPN announcer said and I quote, "ive been to a lot of loud stadiums, but this has gotta be tops, it reminds me of Autzen stadium!" I've never once heard the Fargodome get national recognition, except from its own fans! I mean honestly...even for smack talk your statement is retarded.
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1348778638428.gif

I'd ask for some proof, but once again, you aren't worth my time.

Tatanka
09-08-2014, 04:29 PM

Have you contacted the folks at NDSU with your suggestion? What was their response? I'd post this in the correct thread but I'm guessing you'd never see it.

Hail bison
09-08-2014, 04:31 PM

You must be some sort of rough neck transplant living in Watford City. If not, you are an embarrassment to ND. Move across the border sheep fucker. Roper wearing asshole

BadlandsGrizFan
09-08-2014, 05:52 PM
You must be some sort of rough neck transplant living in Watford City. If not, you are an embarrassment to ND. Move across the border sheep fucker. Roper wearing asshole

Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KyleK
09-08-2014, 06:00 PM

Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you hate NDSU so much, why do you spend time on a website the supports NDSU Athletics? Do you really think you can come on this site and find people not proud as hell about what this football team has done, Bash them for it, pick a fight and then act all surpised when people get tired of your crap? GROW THE HELL UP!

For god sake, you can’t find anything better to do with your time? I’m sure you can find some “lot lizards” around the Watford area that would take you mind off NDSU football…for a PRICE!

Bison 4 Life
09-08-2014, 06:04 PM
You have to admit, when you shit the bed as much as Montana does at home, the curses can be pretty loud.

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2014, 06:06 PM
did Montana host game day when they were last relevant in 2001?

CAS4127
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
did Montana host game day when they were last relevant in 2001?

The "last time" they were relavent predates Gameday.

Also, girl from Billings I see once in a while has a boss who refs college football. He has told her the FargoDome is the loudest venue he has ever reffed in, with a HA lasting until the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison_Pride
09-08-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20131212/PC20/131219821

Coastal Carolina's excellent playoff adventure, from coldest game to loudest stadium
Jeff Hartsell

Last week, Coastal Carolina's football team traveled 2,504 miles to play in what coach Joe Moglia called "the coldest game ever played in the history of FCS."

The Chants' playoff adventure continues with a 1,592-mile trek to what might be the loudest venue in college football, North Dakota State's Fargodome.

Coastal Carolina (12-2) takes on the top-ranked Bison (12-0) Saturday at noon in Fargo, N.D., in the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs. The game will be televised on ESPN.

During North Dakota State's 38-7 win over Furman last week, NDSU scientists measured the noise level inside the Fargodome at 115 decibels, the equivalent of a Metallica concert at close range, and just 10 decibels shy of the pain threshold.

The Guinness World Record for noise at a sporting event is 136.7 decibels at the Seattle Seahawks' outdoor CenturyLink Field. The record for an indoor arena, of 126 decibels, was set last month at the Sacramento Kings' Sleep Train Arena.

"It was quite loud and that can be very disturbing to the opposing team," NDSU professor Mark Schroeder said.

After preparing his team last week for brain-freezing cold - it was -5 degrees with a windchill of -20 for the Chants' 42-35 win at Montana - Moglia has spent this week getting for the noise in the 19,000-seat Fargodome.

Georgia Southern coach Jeff Monken has taken his team to the Fargodome twice, and lost both times.

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome," Monken told a North Dakota paper last week. "There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level."

Moglia has heard that much, anyway.

"Most coaches would say the visiting team is at a very real disadvantage there," said Moglia, who in his second season at CCU is a finalist for the FCS coach of the year award. "It's probably the loudest venue in the country. I've heard guys say you look at other guys and see their mouth moving, but no voice is coming out."

Moglia said last week's game at Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, Mont., was the loudest he'd experienced until now.

"We have played in some loud venues - Liberty, South Carolina - but Montana was louder than both of those," he said. "Everything we do is hand signals, and we practice with loud music, so we will do what we can to get ready."

Of course, noise is not the only thing North Dakota State has going for it. The Bison have won two straight FCS titles, and opened this season with a 24-21 upset of Kansas State. NDSU ranks first in FCS in scoring defense, allowing 11.2 points per game.

On offense, quarterback Brock Jensen has hit 66.9 percent of his throws for 2,325 yards and 28 touchdowns against just six interceptions. And the Bison are likely to finish the season with two 1,000-yard rushers - Sam Ojuri has 1,077 yards, and John Crockett is close with 947.

But there is some fear in Fargo this week, as coach Craig Bohl announced Sunday that he's leaving after 11 years to take over at Wyoming. Bohl will coach the Bison throughout the playoffs.

"Their coach may be leaving, but he's staying to finish up," Moglia said. "And it's only happened once before where a team has won three national championships in a row. I have no doubt that's the goal for their team and their coaching staff. They're going to want to be able to do that no matter what happens, so that's not going to have any impact. They're going to be totally focused on the game."

One thing's for sure: It might get loud.

Hail bison
09-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho? No. I just have no tolerance for goat ropers like you. You most likely don't reside in Watford. I think you are one of those smart ass pricks that lives out in Baker and has to drive east to buy a pair of wranglers at Tractor Supply. I can smell the shit from here

Bison_Pride
09-08-2014, 10:21 PM
I know they are paid to do a job. But I feel lucky to have guys like Izzo and Kolpack covering the team during this time of success. They are all over everything with stories and tweets and blogs.

BisonNeil
09-08-2014, 10:31 PM
You have to admit, when you shit the bed as much as Montana does at home, the curses can be pretty loud.

When you speak of them shitting in the bed you are obviously speaking of their inability to win the big one, right?

These pathetic POS expect respect when they have only won slightly more than 25% of the national championship games they have played in. It's not surprising though. Tough to play football when you are choking on sheep dick.

A1pigskin
09-08-2014, 10:33 PM
The "last time" they were relavent predates Gameday.

Also, girl from Billings I see once in a while has a boss who refs college football. He has told her the FargoDome is the loudest venue he has ever reffed in, with a HA lasting until the following day.

I've had one of those headaches.

BisonTeacher
09-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Commercial for Gameday at NDSU just on Lions Giants game. Maybe theyve been running all weekend but that was the first one I saw.

Bison 4 Life
09-08-2014, 11:52 PM
When you speak of them shitting in the bed you are obviously speaking of their inability to win the big one, right?

These pathetic POS expect respect when they have only won slightly more than 25% of the national championship games they have played in. It's not surprising though. Tough to play football when you are choking on sheep dick.

I'm talking about the last two home playoff games being beaten by southern teams. That is the sign of a loser.

Honeybooboo
09-09-2014, 12:06 AM

Me too sure as hell wasnt from the noise though, probably the whiskey that got me

bisonboone11
09-09-2014, 03:43 AM
I'm talking about the last two home playoff games being beaten by southern teams. That is the sign of a loser.
Apparently they can't handle the southern speed.

cbline
09-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Apparently they can't handle the southern speed.

With Mussman gone, is it still permissible to use the phrase "crazy speed"?

bri-dog
09-09-2014, 03:34 PM

A "FargoDome" headache, or a "girl from Billings" headache? :biggrin::duel:

bisonboone11
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I think a headache would be the least of your concerns if you were with a girl from Billings.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 03:50 PM

The last two home playoffs we were not beaten by southern teams...last year we were...the last time before that we lost to a southern team..SHS in the semifinals..in Texas....but I understand what you were trying to say. Its ok you have to decipher preschoolers sentences too...you get what they're trying to say..but they're just not intelligent enough to make a proper sentence.

CAS4127
09-09-2014, 03:50 PM

I think a headache would be the least of your concerns if you were with a girl from Billings.

We'll find out, as she is coming to the Griz game and will be at TOHBTC tailgate . . . that is if MToutfitter gets her here properly however.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Psycho? No. I just have no tolerance for goat ropers like you. You most likely don't reside in Watford. I think you are one of those smart ass pricks that lives out in Baker and has to drive east to buy a pair of wranglers at Tractor Supply. I can smell the shit from here

What the hell is a goat roper???? Is this an actual profession? Or is it just a terrible comeback that a moron with no education, living in Hope, ND, drinking his busch light through his 4 teeth, cooking squirrel out on the grill in hopes to impress his 5'5 250lb girlfriend (who the whole town actually knows is his cousin) so that she may give him a dry foot job in the sunflower field at sundown would say? I'm going with the 2nd scenario.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-09-2014, 04:03 PM
What the hell is a goat roper???? Is this an actual profession? Or is it just a terrible comeback that a moron with no education, living in Hope, ND, drinking his busch light through his 4 teeth, cooking squirrel out on the grill in hopes to impress his 5'5 250lb girlfriend (who the whole town actually knows is his cousin) so that she may give him a dry foot job in the sunflower field at sundown would say? I'm going with the 2nd scenario.

That's a pretty long run-on sentence.

I guess Watford City > Hope ? Apparently?

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 04:07 PM
That's a pretty long run-on sentence.

I guess Watford City > Hope ? Apparently?

Watford City>problems than Hope...hahaha

MNLonghorn10
09-09-2014, 04:09 PM
lol. 2001.

daddy daycare
09-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.....are there food trucks etc setup downtown? Didn't make it last year but I want to bring my boys down and they like their breakfast.

MNLonghorn10
09-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.....are there food trucks etc setup downtown? Didn't make it last year but I want to bring my boys down and they like their breakfast.

last year there wasnt food trucks but all of the coffee shops, restaurants, bars were open earlier than usual

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 04:11 PM

I hope so. What they really need are TV's a few blocks down on 4th Ave and NP so fans not in the pavilion can feel like they are a part of it.

Mesabison
09-09-2014, 04:14 PM
The tailgaters should all set up downtown.
Line the damn streets with rigs.
15000+ people and tailgate rigs as far as you can see would be epic

bisonboone11
09-09-2014, 04:16 PM
The tailgater's should all set up downtown.
This would give the possibility of breaking the attendance record.

BisonTeacher
09-09-2014, 04:21 PM

This is not a bad idea.

HerdBot
09-09-2014, 04:24 PM

Great idea but a cluster fuck for traffic. Of course it would be way easier to open the dome tailgating lots at 6am so the tailgaters can actually get downtown on time. Of course we dropped the ball on that again.

tolnabison
09-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Great idea but a cluster fuck for traffic. Of course it would be way easier to open the dome tailgating lots at 6am so the tailgaters can actually get downtown on time. Of course we dropped the ball on that again.

Last year the group I tailgate with was in the lot a little after 7:00, walked over the shuttle, and made it downtown in plenty of time.

gotts
09-09-2014, 05:54 PM

I know you're really good at being a whiny bitch about this, but how about posting the correspondence you sent to the athletic department/administration to address the issue?

Hail bison
09-09-2014, 06:12 PM

A goat roper is a Montanan like you who sodomizes said animals. I do have an education from The North Dakota State University. Where did you receive your education? I'm guessing the stockyard pens in Baker Montana. Also, I've been to Hope. Lot's of very nice people with a full set of teeth. I don't recall seeing any sunflowers. On a serious note, you don't have an education do you?

EndZoneQB
09-09-2014, 08:14 PM

Like MN says, restaurants will be open, etc. I believe Octavio @ Taco Bros opened early last year too. Don't forget Sweeto has damn good breakfast and is open at the crack of dawn.

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
If last year is any indication, there will be a crush on the sidewalk on the west side of Broadway where the 2 stages are. We ducked into Atomic for something but really had a hard time getting in anywhere else.

56BISON73
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I hope so. What they really need are TV's a few blocks down on 4th Ave and NP so fans not in the pavilion can feel like they are a part of it.

Write the check.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
A goat roper is a Montanan like you who sodomizes said animals. I do have an education from The North Dakota State University. Where did you receive your education? I'm guessing the stockyard pens in Baker Montana. Also, I've been to Hope. Lot's of very nice people with a full set of teeth. I don't recall seeing any sunflowers. On a serious note, you don't have an education do you?

University of Montana bud...home of the sodomizing goat ropers...its funny when North Dakota makes fun of the surrounding states.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:03 PM

On another note...why do you dislike Baker so much?

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 09:04 PM
On another note...why do you dislike Baker so much?

Besides that it's in Montana?

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Besides that it's in Montana?

You mean the most beautiful state in the country? You don't really hear people complain much about Montana...ND on the other hand:uhyeah:

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 09:10 PM
You mean the most beautiful state in the country? You don't really hear people complain much about Montana...ND on the other hand:uhyeah:

You actually don't hear people talking much about either.

Herd80
09-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Love Montana, beautiful place...lot's of respect for UM, sort of nervous about the Griz game...you, however, seem like sort of a douche bag-asshat sort of fellow and have little to add in the way of reasonable discourse around here...

EndZoneQB
09-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Consider 80% of Montana looks like and is more sparsely populated than ND?

Hail bison
09-09-2014, 09:21 PM
University of Montana bud...home of the sodomizing goat ropers...its funny when North Dakota makes fun of the surrounding states.

Why are you in Watford City?

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 09:28 PM

It's as far as they would allow him into ND

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:37 PM

Its got the best goat roping around!

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:38 PM

I take it you haven't been to Montana much...have you.

Bison Gal
09-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Just announced: "NDSU fans, the ESPN GameDay motorcade will travel down Broadway in Fargo on Wednesday at about 6 p.m. Fans are encouraged to wear yellow and green and gather near the Fargo Theater to greet the motorcade."

EndZoneQB
09-09-2014, 09:44 PM
I take it you haven't been to Montana much...have you.

Many, many times. The mountains are great...but eastern Montana is as ugly as ND...if not worse. Just like eastern Washington. It's all the same shit, different state.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Many, many times. The mountains are great...but eastern Montana is as ugly as ND...if not worse. Just like eastern Washington. It's all the same shit, different state.

The BADLANDS are awesome tho

gotts
09-09-2014, 09:53 PM

Obviously for the sweet infrastructure problems...

Civil06
09-09-2014, 09:59 PM
This thread is terrible.

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 10:33 PM
This thread is terrible.

He tends to make them that way.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-09-2014, 10:37 PM
He tends to make them that way.

Ohhh don't worry, only 4 more days of BS and then it will be UMvsNDSU week and I wont talk any shit...just matchup related convos..I promise!

ndsubison1
09-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey students know if theyre having the bean bag tournament again on campus and Home Depot for back stage passes? I'm the defending champ btw :bow:

EC8CH
09-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Ohhh don't worry, only 4 more days of BS and then it will be UMvsNDSU week and I wont talk any shit...just matchup related convos..I promise!

How does Montana's QB's ribcage matchup against Kyle Emanuel's shoulder?

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2014, 11:10 PM
How does Montana's QB's ribcage matchup against Kyle Emanuel's shoulder?

like glass to a sledgehammer.

mtoutfitter
09-10-2014, 02:33 AM
We'll find out, as she is coming to the Griz game and will be at TOHBTC tailgate . . . that is if MToutfitter gets her here properly however.

Don't worry CAS I'll get her there with her virtue intact. All you have to do is read some of these posts directed at Western ND/Eastern MT fellas to know that we're only interested in sheep, goats, cattle etc. I get a kick out of how people forget that NDSU started out as an AG school.......for both sides of the state!

CAS4127
09-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Don't worry CAS I'll get her there with her virtue intact. All you have to do is read some of these posts directed at Western ND/Eastern MT fellas to know that we're only interested in sheep, goats, cattle etc. I get a kick out of how people forget that NDSU started out as an AG school.......for both sides of the state!

Thanks, Craig, and I understand where you are coming from. Spent the weekend riding and camping in MT and WYO, loved it and had a blast. Maybe some new material is needed by some.

Looking forward to tailgating!!

EndZoneQB
09-10-2014, 03:24 AM
The BADLANDS are awesome tho

No argument here.

MNLonghorn10
09-10-2014, 03:57 AM
that glendive man...beautiful.

El_Chapo
09-10-2014, 04:16 AM
Montana ain't apart of GAMEDAY take your broke back mountain talk to that thread.

GAMEDAY downtown with NDSU revs and rigs lined up,would look sweet just north on Broadway?

There should be TVs all over. ATTENTION BUSINESSES ON BROADWAY. BRING IN MORE TVS

Ps daddy daycare. Sands donuts opens on broadway at 6am and spicy pie pizza at 7?

all2matt
09-10-2014, 04:17 AM
who's gonna be the celeb guest since Phil was last yr?

kinda curious since I may miss both gameday and the game being in Iowa City. But I will still have my bison hat and bison shirt under my Hawkeye jersey for Iowa's game vs "ketchup & mustard". hopefully the hawks can play as well vs the clowns as NDSU did :-)

BYZEN
09-10-2014, 04:25 AM

last year there were food trucks in the ally west of the Broadway businesses , it didn't look like they did very much business there. Too far removed from the people

EndZoneQB
09-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Talked to Octavio at Taco Bros last night and he said he will NOT be open for Gameday. Said he didn't make his first taco last year until 8:30 and next one wasn't until almost 10.

SDbison
09-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Talked to Octavio at Taco Bros last night and he said he will NOT be open for Gameday. Said he didn't make his first taco last year until 8:30 and next one wasn't until almost 10. Well, problem is people don't eat tacos at 8:30 AM.........he needs to make breakfast burritos!

MNLonghorn10
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Octavios tacos would taste great at 8 am

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
CRISIS AVERTED:
I have it on good authority that on monday the downtown condo board association for the kilbourne apartments by the fargo theatre wanted to have 50/50 NDSU/UND banners hanging up..(they got offerred bribe money haha,maybe?)............Emergency meeting was held last night and the kilbourne group interceded and said " NO IT"LL BE 100% NDSU BANNERS."

as it should be:

bisonmike2
09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
that glendive man...beautiful.

I'm more of a Miles City man, myself.

1998braves64
09-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Why not just list eastern MT... All great locals!

MNLonghorn10
09-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Love seeing the lights of Miles City at night from the interestate as you pass by.

Goosebumps. everytime

BadlandsGrizFan
09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Love seeing the lights of Miles City at night from the interestate as you pass by.

Goosebumps. everytime

Hey now..Glendive is a pretty area...with the Yellowstone running right through town, and Makoshika state park as the back drop...that's pretty....Miles City however...mehhhh

344Johnson
09-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Anything Taco Bros would be good at 8 am. Though my most recent TYB Platter was a little heavy on the onion..

344Johnson
09-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Hey students know if theyre having the bean bag tournament again on campus and Home Depot for back stage passes? I'm the defending champ btw :bow:

I haven't heard anything yet. I will be victorious if it is happening again though.

tjamz
09-10-2014, 07:24 PM

Even funnier when it is based on reality.

bisonmike2
09-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Why not just list eastern MT... All great locals!

Last month I went through Miles City and ate at the Airport Inn. Pretty decent food actually. But I guess I should put that in the restaurant thread.
As far as gameday goes, since Home Depot is a sponsor, do they give out any cool freebies? I could use a new identity since my credit card info was stolen from there.

56BISON73
09-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Yeah I can do tacos anytime!!!:hungry:

JMB
09-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Anybody see the commercial online yet? I have been looking for it but haven't found it posted.

EndZoneQB
09-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Well, problem is people don't eat tacos at 8:30 AM.........he needs to make breakfast burritos!

He had a special breakfast menu and everything. Still no one came! I was pretty surprised as Taco Bros has a serious cult following if you've never been...

Yeah I can do tacos anytime!!!:hungry:

Same! Tacos, especially really good tacos, are good any time of the day.

BisonFan02
09-11-2014, 01:09 AM
http://youtu.be/G5gbJYx43jc

1998braves64
09-11-2014, 02:27 AM
38 saturday morning and 65 on saturday. Going to be a cool morning for Gameday! Be prepared for a bunch of temperature talk.

BadlandsBison
09-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Anybody use snap chat? They had a live update deal from Eugene, Oregon last weekend during Gameday. Lots of hippies being worthless, but also cool stuff. Maybe we can make that happen this weekend

HerdBot
09-11-2014, 02:38 AM
38 saturday morning and 65 on saturday. Going to be a cool morning for Gameday! Be prepared for a bunch of temperature talk.

38 is Friday morning. 44 is Saturday morning at 6 am. Should be around 50 at 8

1998braves64
09-11-2014, 02:42 AM
38 is Friday morning. 44 is Saturday morning at 6 am. Should be around 50 at 8

Incorrect... the 38 is friday night saturday morning. Shows the same on my phone which shows the graph version (38 friday night/saturday morning).

I used to think this too until one night I killed my tomatoes because I thought it was going to be a balmy 40 degrees that morning ended up being 28 degrees (which was shown on the previous day).

See this link shows Friday day is 59 Friday NIGHT is 38 (which also technically runs into Saturday Morning)

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail2/USND0115

HerdBot
09-11-2014, 02:56 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4384&d=1410404164

Incorrect... the 38 is friday night saturday morning. Shows the same on my phone which shows the graph version (38 friday night/saturday morning).

I used to think this too until one night I killed my tomatoes because I thought it was going to be a balmy 40 degrees that morning ended up being 28 degrees (which was shown on the previous day).

See this link shows Friday day is 59 Friday NIGHT is 38 (which also technically runs into Saturday Morning)

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail2/USND0115

I'm confused. This shows Friday morning as 384384

gumby013
09-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Here's what I show right now. About 39 at the start of the show.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/Weather.png

NDSUstudent
09-11-2014, 03:05 AM
Accuweather predicts 42 degrees at 8 a.m. on Saturday.....

HerdBot
09-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Accuweather predicts 42 degrees at 8 a.m. on Saturday.....

At least the wind is in check

NDSUstudent
09-11-2014, 03:14 AM

Yep should be little to no wind downtown and it will be sunny. It won't seem that cold.

HerdBot
09-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Yep should be little to no wind downtown and it will be sunny. It won't seem that cold.

Considering much of Bisonation tailgates in sub zero, its tropical

56BISON73
09-11-2014, 03:17 AM

At 16 mph?

Expect dry conditions over the next six hours.

Hourly Forecast

Yesterday
Today
Hourly
Tomorrow
Weekend
5 Day
10 Day
Monthly
Video Forecast
Map

Forecasts

Fishing
Home & Garden
Pollen
Travel
Road Conditions

More

Take the weather with me:

Desktop App

Saturday, Sep 13
Updated: Sep 10, 2014, 10:04pm CDT

Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Day Sep 13
Partly Cloudy

65°FHigh

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
S at 16 mph

Humidity:
53%

UV Index:
5 - Moderate

Sunrise:
7:02 am

Moonset:
12:30 pm

Moonphase:
Waning Gibbous

Collapse Details

MNLonghorn10
09-11-2014, 03:28 AM
i dont think it got above 55 today..and it was windy and f'in cold.

NDSUstudent
09-11-2014, 03:31 AM
The winds at 8 a.m. will be under 10 mph. Downtown surrounded by buildings it will hardly be noticeable.

SDbison
09-11-2014, 03:34 AM
National Weather Service forecast for Fargo as of tonight. Best source for weather info. Tomorrow will have a forecast for wind on Saturday, but daytime high looking better!
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38. West wind around 7 mph becoming south after midnight.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 64.

HerdBot
09-11-2014, 03:47 AM
At 16 mph?

Expect dry conditions over the next six hours.

Hourly Forecast

Yesterday
Today
Hourly
Tomorrow
Weekend
5 Day
10 Day
Monthly
Video Forecast
Map

Forecasts

Fishing
Home & Garden
Pollen
Travel
Road Conditions

More

Take the weather with me:

Desktop App

Saturday, Sep 13
Updated: Sep 10, 2014, 10:04pm CDT

Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Day Sep 13
Partly Cloudy

65°FHigh

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
S at 16 mph

Humidity:
53%

UV Index:
5 - Moderate

Sunrise:
7:02 am

Moonset:
12:30 pm

Moonphase:
Waning Gibbous

Collapse Details

That's later in the day. Early it's pretty good. Heck given the fact I seem to lose a bout 1 tent per year 16 mph would be amazing!

1998braves64
09-11-2014, 03:48 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4384&d=1410404164

I'm confused. This shows Friday morning as 384384

That is because Thursday night/Friday morning is also predicted to be 37 or 38 I think. :)

weather.com shows 8mph wind friday night and 16mph on saturday morning. The calm in the night wind can't be counted on in September especially if it's showing a pretty dramatic warmup for saturday it's likely to be "breezy" but from the S/SW the 2-3 story buildings on the west side of Broadway would block most of that. I definitely would want a spot in the sun will make it feel warm!

I'm not too concerned if it was going to be cloudy with a chance of rain it definitely could affect attendance don't think this will too much. Besides wouldn't want those type of fans anyway right?

El_Chapo
09-11-2014, 03:57 AM
So no one wants to talk about how a condo association board almost got bribed into having it 50/50 ndsu/und? That doesn't bother anyone?

Thankfully the Kilbourne group squashed that!!

Hail bison
09-11-2014, 04:00 AM
So no one wants to talk about how a condo association board almost got bribed into having it 50/50 ndsu/und? That doesn't bother anyone?

Who had the idea to do that?

SDbison
09-11-2014, 04:06 AM
That is because Thursday night/Friday morning is also predicted to be 37 or 38 I think. :)

weather.com shows 8mph wind friday night and 16mph on saturday morning. The calm in the night wind can't be counted on in September especially if it's showing a pretty dramatic warmup for saturday it's likely to be "breezy" but from the S/SW the 2-3 story buildings on the west side of Broadway would block most of that. I definitely would want a spot in the sun will make it feel warm!

I'm not too concerned if it was going to be cloudy with a chance of rain it definitely could affect attendance don't think this will too much. Besides wouldn't want those type of fans anyway right? Weather.com is one of the worst sources for weather info. All these places get their data from the national weather service and reprocess. There is a reason national weather service does not forecast wind more than 48 hours in advance.

56BISON73
09-11-2014, 04:12 AM
Who had the idea to do that?

You fell for it.

Hail bison
09-11-2014, 04:14 AM
You fell for it.

I know. I was going to start my post with "I'll bite".

1998braves64
09-11-2014, 04:43 AM
Weather.com is one of the worst sources for weather info. All these places get their data from the national weather service and reprocess. There is a reason national weather service does not forecast wind more than 48 hours in advance.

Don't disagree that it is not as good as local guys or other outfits but it is a reasonable source for "general" weather information. I use it because I am used to their layout. They have gotten much better over the past 2 years or so at local weather forecasts and conditions though. Not like any of the other posts from other sources have diverged much from weather.com

Tatanka
09-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Sounds like it's all taken care of. What's to discuss?

BisonTeacher
09-11-2014, 11:29 AM
OK...last year we stayed downtown, but this year that is looking like it wont be possible...

so where are the best places to park at 5am????

IBleedYellow
09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
OK...last year we stayed downtown, but this year that is looking like it wont be possible...

so where are the best places to park at 5am????
Around Barry Hall. It worked for me last year.

MNLonghorn10
09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
we parked in the bank of the west(the only tall white building) parking ramp last year...zero problems, just have to walk a few blocks.

BisonTeacher
09-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Your talkin to an old guy here...where's Barry Hall? :biggrin:

Edit...I found it with that google thing.

BisonTeacher
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
we parked in the bank of the west(the only tall white building) parking ramp last year...zero problems, just have to walk a few blocks.

Did you have to pay for parking in the ramp? or is it free on Saturdays?

Is there street parking on the weekends? Or is it metered still on the weekends too?

bisonaudit
09-11-2014, 11:54 AM
It's 40. They're men.

Bisonguy
09-11-2014, 12:18 PM

Is there street parking on the weekends? Or is it metered still on the weekends too?

No, yes, yes, no.

Wally
09-11-2014, 12:39 PM

I parked on Roberts last year and it was wide open

dgoergs
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I had to re-read...I thought you said Harry Ball. :o

Wally
09-11-2014, 01:29 PM
http://twitter.com/leefitting/status/510050255518568449/photo/1

El_Chapo
09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
I know. I was going to start my post with "I'll bite".

It was complete BULL and yes kilbourne group squashed it. But these pukes are desperate to try and crash the party almost pathetic

tjbison
09-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Sounds like it's all taken care of. What's to discuss?

the fact it didn't happen in reality maybe?

Bison 4 Life
09-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Nah mang, the way I heard it was that SDSU tried to bribe Doug Burgum by renaming the entire school Kilbourne University - Burgumtown if they put just one Jacks flag in the top corner window and he said "Hell NO! My closepersonalfriend (credit: Sid Hartman) Elakeschapobison will never stand for it!.

56BISON73
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM
It was complete BULL and yes kilbourne group squashed it. But these pukes are desperate to try and crash the party almost pathetic

Who are you referring to? Is this the institution you yell at people for talikng about but you continually keep posting about yourself? Sorry but I am confused. Please explain?:facepalm:

BisonNation11
09-11-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up last year, but how do we not incorporate a wood chipper with the show and drop 26 stuffed animals representing the mascots of the teams we have defeated during the streak? You could even have bigger ones for the FBS games as well as the championship games. Would it be a mess? You betchya. Would it be awesome to watch? Hellz yeah!

CAS4127
09-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Is "Fargo'd" in Bisonville dictionary yet?! What do we say it actually means. The hospitality, fun and Bison Pride shown?! Does that mean you are "getting Fargo'd"?http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/11/ca8bb731dec3f8df07418ba4f70b10b8.jpg

cbline
09-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up last year, but how do we not incorporate a wood chipper with the show and drop 26 stuffed animals representing the mascots of the teams we have defeated during the streak? You could even have bigger ones for the FBS games as well as the championship games. Would it be a mess? You betchya. Would it be awesome to watch? Hellz yeah!

^^^ This!^^^ I nominate it for "Idea of the Year"!

Hammersmith
09-11-2014, 04:11 PM

I don't know if the Marines would go for it. (see WIU)

J/K. I like the idea, but maybe too late to find some of the stuffed animals needed? Anyone know a Beenie Baby collector we could rob?

BisonTeacher
09-11-2014, 04:20 PM

I dont think Ive ever seen a stuffed toy sycamore?

GradBison
09-11-2014, 04:23 PM

It's a wood chipper... throw an actual freaking tree in there!

moosbah
09-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Does anyone have a stuffed Larry Bird?

http://i21.twenga.com/toys-games/bird-plush-toy/-boston-celtics-larry-tp_3119052307402784962f.jpg

bisonaudit
09-11-2014, 04:28 PM
That's messed up.

daddy daycare
09-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Ok how fluid will this shuttle system be?

tjbison
09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Ok how fluid will this shuttle system be?

worked awesome for my group last year

daddy daycare
09-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Excellent. Was debating loading bikes for kids and getting close enough to downtown but we will park and ride. Thank you.

The Lost Dutchman
09-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Excellent. Was debating loading bikes for kids and getting close enough to downtown but we will park and ride. Thank you.

I drove down there at like 830 last year and was able to park 2 blocks away on Broadway. There were lots of parking spots available around Fort Noks.

Answer Guy
09-11-2014, 06:45 PM

So now it's going to be 100% UND? That seems weird.

Bison 4 Life
09-11-2014, 06:46 PM
So now it's going to be 100% UND? That seems weird.
75% UND 25% U of M.

Real hockey fans up there.

runtheoption
09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Went downtown for lunch...officially in the "not getting much work done the rest of this week" mode. There was a buzz in the air, and a lot of people milling around taking pictures.

cbline
09-11-2014, 07:03 PM

No, it doesn't bother me because I am worrying about other things:

1. How can I get my money to that Prince in Africa even more quickly?

2. I brought a cactus home from the Arizona desert, and I think it might be full of tarantulas!

3. I just accidentally ate some Pop Rocks with Diet Coke, and I'm waiting for my stomach to explode!