PDA

View Full Version : Best way to stream audio and/or video for football games outside of ND/MN?

thebootfitter
09-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I did a few searches and couldn't find anything directly relevant. I used to use the "Radio Fargo Moorhead" app on my Android phone, and that worked beautifully. At some point, that stopped working though. Living an active life in Seattle, I can't always find the games on TV somewhere, so have taken to using my smart phone to stream the audio with headphones while doing other things.

Has anyone ever used GoBison.com to stream from a smart phone? Is it reliable? Does it cost anything?

Are there other radio stations that carry the Bison that are streamable from a smart phone?

Regarding video, I'm guessing that it depends on who is carrying the game, right? Are there any sources that always have the games available for video streaming from a smart phone?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer. (Just getting worried that I might miss the Weber State game.)

Dakid3kc
09-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I did a few searches and couldn't find anything directly relevant. I used to use the "Radio Fargo Moorhead" app on my Android phone, and that worked beautifully. At some point, that stopped working though. Living an active life in Seattle, I can't always find the games on TV somewhere, so have taken to using my smart phone to stream the audio with headphones while doing other things.

Has anyone ever used GoBison.com to stream from a smart phone? Is it reliable? Does it cost anything?

Are there other radio stations that carry the Bison that are streamable from a smart phone?

Regarding video, I'm guessing that it depends on who is carrying the game, right? Are there any sources that always have the games available for video streaming from a smart phone?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer. (Just getting worried that I might miss the Weber State game.)

For audio, you can use a free ap called "tune in radio" the station that carries the Bison Games is on there.

For video, either pay through GoBison.com or if you have an internet carrier that supports ESPN3, free on the ESPNWatch ap, and most NDSU games are on there also for free. This one probably won't be on there cause it's on Altitude TV.

SafeTeeJ
09-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Speaking on Altitude? Can you order the game (just this game) on directv without having to add the whole Altitude package? direcTv has the worst website in da world!!!!!

SafeTeeJ
09-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Anyone......? Buehler?.....Anyone?

bri-dog
09-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I doubt you can add just one game; I think you need to add the "Sports Pack". Call them and tell them it's too expensive or something; they may very well give you a credit on your bill to offset the cost. They love to do that...

SafeTeeJ
09-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks Bri.....I was afraid of that.

Maybe I should drive 3 hours up to Randy's in DL to watch it....love that place. Always full of Bison!

thebootfitter
09-07-2014, 10:42 PM
For the record, GoBison.com worked fine on my mobile. Will use that going forward.

duluthbison
09-07-2014, 10:46 PM
I've been using the KFGO Android app to listen when the game isn't on tv.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.midwestcommunications.kfgoam&hl=en

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Between the Tune in Radio app and Pandora, I have totally dumped my Sirius XM.