PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Parties....

pwbnd
09-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm sure that most of you were already aware that the Minnesota game is this year's "satellite" game.

Looks like there's already a few sites set up.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/coe/satgame/

I've been in touch with Kari and hope to get one listed soon for the Washington D.C. area.

They're a ton of fun and it's not at all hard to get one going. The alumni association hooks you up with lots of fun prizes and supplies. I'd encourage anyone that's been thinking about maybe getting one going to give it a whirl!

tcbison
09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I talked to Kari a few weeks ago. Since the game is in the Twin Cities, we decided not to do a satellite game here because everyone is going to be at the game!

I also encourage anyone to be a host. Kari will give you all the stuff you need and is very helpful.

Go Bison!

bisonaudit
09-21-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm sure that most of you were already aware that the Minnesota game is this year's "satellite" game.

Looks like there's already a few sites set up.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/coe/satgame/

I've been in touch with Kari and hope to get one listed soon for the Washington D.C. area.

They're a ton of fun and it's not at all hard to get one going. *The alumni association hooks you up with lots of fun prizes and supplies. *I'd encourage anyone that's been thinking about maybe getting one going to give it a whirl!

Looking forward to it again this year.

pwbnd
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Looking forward to it again this year.

Hey bisonaudit...this is my first year coordinating a game for the party out here in D.C. *How many Bison fans might we expect??

Kari told me that in previous years, the party was at the Grand Slam Sports Bar, so, that's tentatively where I've got it scheduled for this year. *They'd like to know about how many people to expect. *I guessed about 20 to 25. *I'm expecting about half a dozen alumni to come from my work, plus spouses and significant others, so that brings the total up to 10 or 12, just from where I work.

How big's the D.C. crowd typically been? *

For everyone else that's not bisonaudit...along those same lines, where are the biggest parties? *I'd assume there's some big ones in AZ and TX. *How about the Bismarck ones?

bisonaudit
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I've been out here 3 years. The final UND game drew a huge crowd from both schools. Filled up the back room at the Grand Slam. This was held in conjunction with UND. There may have been 100 people. One of the Senators and Pres. Chapman even showed up.

The USD game two years ago was also held in conjunction with the USD alumni association if I remember correctly, but the crowd was significantly smaller.

Last year it was just NDSU alumni association and again a small crowd. Probably in the 20-30 range each of the last two years.

There's no telling how many you're going to get for UofM, I think it's a whole new ball game now. There could be a bunch of regulars going back to watch in person so the number may be small and/or there could be a bunch of new comers curious to check out the satellite party either for the first time ever or since UND, so the number could be large.

Regarding historical numbers, Check with the bar they may have an idea, based on what sort of spread was purchased (we had an appitizer buffet in the past, $10 cover, I think)

Also, I remember registering at the door so the alumni association and/or the prior local coordinator may have a detailed headcount somewhere.

With no prior UofM game history maybe the thing to do is have people RSVP. You'll always have walkups, but it least you'd be able to tell if you're going to be way over/under you estimate.

As long at I'm getting my 2 cents in, I think that the Grand Slam did a nice job for us the times I've gone. It's the regular bar for Florida St. and maybe some others, but the years I've gone we've always gotten the larger area in the back, featured on the big screen, with full audio and the like, and the FSU boys watch their game up front in the smaller section. It's also very convienent to all parts of the metro area as there's direct access to the hotel from the Gallery Place Metro stop.

Hammerhead
09-27-2006, 03:56 AM
Cool. I'm going to be in Seattle that weekend to watch the Vikings and was planning to make it a 3-day weekend up there.

My in-laws who are originally from Minnesota are coming along and they are big Gopher fans so they might actually want to see this game. At least my wife said she'd cheer for the Bison to keep things even. :)

pwbnd
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
A couple questions for someone smarter than me....

Yes or no.....If a bar subscribes to ESPN GamePlan, they will have the NDSU/Minnesota game??

What the hell is ESPN Plus??

WYOBISONMAN
09-28-2006, 05:35 PM
A couple questions for someone smarter than me....

Yes or no.....If a bar subscribes to ESPN GamePlan, they will have the NDSU/Minnesota game??

What the hell is ESPN Plus??

ESPN+ is the same as gameplan.......

pwbnd
09-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Okay, so that's a yes....thanks. Unfortunately I'm a basic cable kinda guy and don't have much experience with the pay-per-view packages.

pwbnd
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Several new sites added this week. I know we've got a couple of games to play between now and then, but damn, it's hard not to get excited about playing the goofs.