PDA

View Full Version : 19 th Ave construction

imabison
09-04-2014, 03:07 AM
No big surprise, 19th is considered 6 weeks behind schedule, now due to finished the end of October.

It does not surprise me, as they were never working on both ends of the project at the same time.

Other projects are also behind, some are already protected to have small parts finished next year.

El_Chapo
09-04-2014, 03:13 AM
cue unbison in 1...2..3.... 5:30am when he gets up

MNLonghorn10
09-04-2014, 03:40 AM
the only way to get to the dome is by air.

chapo, got any room on your copter?

HerdBot
09-04-2014, 03:42 AM
They've been working on this thing all fucking summer. These guys suck the big one.

Bison bison
09-04-2014, 04:10 AM
WHAT'S the big deal. Don't you like drnking after victories

ndsubison1
09-04-2014, 06:00 AM
ive dealt with this all summer such a pain

imabison
09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.inforum.com/content/some-local-road-construction-projects-behind-schedule
Some local road construction projects behind schedule

And to no ones surprise they used Century Link as the reason that 12th ave was so far behind, now blaming Cable TV
for the delays.

Supposed to be done last Friday.
Master Construction has asked the city to forgive a total of 31.5 days, meaning there would be no penalties for missing the deadline....said.

Give them hell Piepkorn..

My neighbor said last week they had cement trucks backed up on the corner, the reason, they had one get stuck in the mud where they were pouring.
Solution was they backed up trucks dumped their loads and returned as the concrete time expired and can't be used.

El_Chapo
09-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Short them about $200,000 master blaster is no good.

Bisonfan1
09-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Think Ill ask a question again. Last Saturday we came off I-94 from the west and took the University exit and University to the dome. Its been a long time, but couldnt a person take I-29 to the first exit after 19th, and then over past Fargo Jet Center and back to the dome from the North ? Just wondering in someones opinion (looking at you Imabison) which way would maybe be a better choice ? time/traffic etc

StL Bison Fan
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Think Ill ask a question again. Last Saturday we came off I-94 from the west and took the University exit and University to the dome. Its been a long time, but couldnt a person take I-29 to the first exit after 19th, and then over past Fargo Jet Center and back to the dome from the North ? Just wondering in someones opinion (looking at you Imabison) which way would maybe be a better choice ? time/traffic etc

We just take 29 to 12 th ave and go thru any road through campus. Drove the bus right on through to tailgate lot on Sat with no problem. This would be if you want to park near the dome south side or their lot. I never park north of 19th after watching them tow numerous cars from those lots.

imabison
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM

the answer is yes, you would come south on University and then have options.
1. Park in the CVS lot and walked south on Univ or Albrecht.
2. Drive past 19th Ave and enter the Fargodome from the front.
a. then on exit you would have 2 options
1. exit to University and depending on which route you chose would determine if you were in the right or left lane to exit.
a. If going to 17th you want the left lane exiting from the dome go to 17th and east to 10th street and north back to 19th and over to university
and back north to I 29
b. If you go south to 12th ave you want to be in the right last from the dome to university and south to 12th etc.

The guy that sits next to me comes in and takes that route, he parks in the CVS lot and says it pretty easy to get
back on University and go north. He walked to Albrecht because he tailgates.

Bisonfan1
09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Thank you sir !!

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Peipkorn on KFGO now and ripping Masters. Says they will not get another bid in the city without major additions and contractual obligations for them. 3 block project in 6 months and they couldn't get it done. good stuff right now on KFGO

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Haha..That can't be good for business. It is pathetic though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gotts
09-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Peipkorn on KFGO now and ripping Masters. Says they will not get another bid in the city without major additions and contractual obligations for them. 3 block project in 6 months and they couldn't get it done. good stuff right now on KFGO

Didn't they screw the pooch on 12th ave a few years back?

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Didn't they screw the pooch on 12th ave a few years back?

Yes I do believe they did. They pissed off Dave on this one he is now on right now with Chris Gabrial on 970AM talking about the same thing. I bet they are on time from here on out and not full of excuses.

unbison
09-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes I do believe they did. They pissed off Dave on this one he is now on right now with Chris Gabrial on 970AM talking about the same thing. I bet they are on time from here on out and not full of excuses.
This has all happened and went on for years this won't change

Bison"FANatic"
09-20-2014, 05:24 PM
This has all happened and went on for years this won't change

He flat out said their contracts will change in the future. So they may not change but it will cost them. Dave isn't letting this one slide and he is like a dog on a bone when he wants to be.

1998braves64
09-21-2014, 03:53 AM
Change how? Most road projects have liquidated damages already, suppose they can increase them (before the bid takes place can't change it after because you don't like the contractor...) but then you run the risk of contractors not bidding because they don't want that much risk at losing that much money. City can't do much if they have the lowest responsible bid these are public projects so nearly impossible to eliminate anyone from bidding. Obviously if they keep getting LDs it would put them out of business eventually.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bisonguy
09-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Change how? Most road projects have liquidated damages already, suppose they can increase them (before the bid takes place can't change it after because you don't like the contractor...) but then you run the risk of contractors not bidding because they don't want that much risk at losing that much money. City can't do much if they have the lowest responsible bid these are public projects so nearly impossible to eliminate anyone from bidding. Obviously if they keep getting LDs it would put them out of business eventually.

Yeah, seems like a lot of puffery from atop a soapbox. That or exposing the city to a hefty lawsuit.

unbison
09-21-2014, 04:10 PM
The job is behind they are my direct competition ..... That said it looks like it will get wrapped up this year.... The job was bid in Jan or Feb.... Frost wasn't completely out till June.... Gravel has been a real bear to get this year.... The job is being done with Houston engineering.....not saying anything bad about Houston but anyone that has worked with a consultant engineer knows that changes take more time and when reconstructing a road there is gonna be changes.... All this said every other contractor working in town has had to deal with all the same issues to meet their deadlines....so They will pay liquidated damages time to move on.....I don't think going on the radio and yelling about it is the proper way to go about changing what is going on....

imabison
09-21-2014, 06:54 PM
The job is behind they are my direct competition ..... That said it looks like it will get wrapped up this year.... The job was bid in Jan or Feb.... Frost wasn't completely out till June.... Gravel has been a real bear to get this year.... The job is being done with Houston engineering.....not saying anything bad about Houston but anyone that has worked with a consultant engineer knows that changes take more time and when reconstructing a road there is gonna be changes.... All this said every other contractor working in town has had to deal with all the same issues to meet their deadlines....so They will pay liquidated damages time to move on.....I don't think going on the radio and yelling about it is the proper way to go about changing what is going on....
Can't argue with you because you are in the industry, however they were the ones who blamed century link on 12th and now Cable TV on 19th.

Also they had toke last median section between 10 th and university ready to pour Friday and its not done. Today they are pouring water on the university and Albrecht which also appeared ready to pour Friday or Saturday, yet no work done. Wonder how long it will take to finish removing the lane on 10th that is going away. Only 1left hand turn lane onto 19th from now on.

unbison
09-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Can't argue with you because you are in the industry, however they were the ones who blamed century link on 12th and now Cable TV on 19th.

Also they had toke last median section between 10 th and university ready to pour Friday and its not done. Today they are pouring water on the university and Albrecht which also appeared ready to pour Friday or Saturday, yet no work done. Wonder how long it will take to finish removing the lane on 10th that is going away. Only 1left hand turn lane onto 19th from now on.

I have not said it could or shouldn't be done on time .... Just don't find the radio rant as a good way to communicate your dissatisfaction unless you want votes from the north enders because the rant on the radio changed nothing

kab1one
09-23-2014, 01:29 AM
UN, are you aware of anyone actually paying the LD's? I know the contractor has already asked for a waiver on the 19th ave project.

As for Mike Williams on the radio, there is more work than there are road contractors, so if you are the low bidder and are bonded, you will get the project. They don't care what your track record is.

You get the eaglewood project in West Fargo? If so, good.

El_Chapo
09-23-2014, 01:36 AM
it was piepkorn not mike Williams, he was too busy at the pro-climate rally.

kab1one
09-23-2014, 01:45 AM
it was piepkorn not mike Williams, he was too busy at the pro-climate rally.

Well they complain in the same circles. Either way, low bid, bonding, you pave in Fargo.

unbison
09-23-2014, 02:08 AM
UN, are you aware of anyone actually paying the LD's? I know the contractor has already asked for a waiver on the 19th ave project.

As for Mike Williams on the radio, there is more work than there are road contractors, so if you are the low bidder and are bonded, you will get the project. They don't care what your track record is.

You get the eaglewood project in West Fargo? If so, good.
As far as LDs yes i know in west fargo they are enforced strictly these days.... im gonna assume that they will be enforced on that project .... i know they got a extension... but do not think it was enough for them to make it

unbison
09-23-2014, 02:10 AM
Problem with LD'S often times they are not steep enough to warrant some to pay overtime..... some are 500 dollars a day you dont have to be a engineer to figure out overtime costs more then that

kab1one
09-23-2014, 02:14 AM
As far as LDs yes i know in west fargo they are enforced strictly these days.... im gonna assume that they will be enforced on that project .... i know they got a extension... but do not think it was enough for them to make it

Did they ever pay any on the 12th ave debacle? I didn't think they did. As for 19th, they are already starting the waiver process.

Funny Moore enforcing LD's in West Fargo, that is good to know.

You guys doing Eaglewood? that was another one your "competitier" got three years ago, we missed a sales season on that one......

unbison
09-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Did they ever pay any on the 12th ave debacle? I didn't think they did. As for 19th, they are already starting the waiver process.

Funny Moore enforcing LD's in West Fargo, that is good to know.

You guys doing Eaglewood? that was another one your "competitier" got three years ago, we missed a sales season on that one......
We did get the eaglwood 3rd addition

imabison
09-23-2014, 02:32 PM
It appears that the 19th Ave from 10 th to University appears and I say that lightly to be to the point that it could be mostly open by
Friday or sooner. This does not include the 1 lane on the west side of 10th st that is going to be closed. Who knows how long that
will take. It looked like they might be pouring on the University to Albrecht side, but there was a truck beside me so all I saw was the
truck and big concrete machine.

We are getting very very sick of this project.....

EndZoneQB
09-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Any idea who did the 1st Ave N bridge this summer? The EB lanes went fast, a week or three, seemed smooth. The WB lanes took like 6 weeks I bet...looked like they poured concrete at least twice and had to hammer it up once. Looked like they were done for about two weeks but the trucks stayed there, that was super annoying.

Also, there is a lift station in Moorhead by my house that they have dug up and filled in a minimum of three times. My street has been closed for the better part of a month already for something that isn't even on the street...

I hate construction season.

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2014, 02:44 PM
It appears that the 19th Ave from 10 th to University appears and I say that lightly to be to the point that it could be mostly open by
Friday or sooner. This does not include the 1 lane on the west side of 10th st that is going to be closed. Who knows how long that
will take. It looked like they might be pouring on the University to Albrecht side, but there was a truck beside me so all I saw was the

They poured one lane yesterday all the way. Yaaaaaaaa Hopefully can get to the rest. Getting out of the lot on Saturday was the worst I have ever dealt with after any event I have been to in the dome.

imabison
09-23-2014, 04:55 PM
They poured one lane yesterday all the way. Yaaaaaaaa Hopefully can get to the rest. Getting out of the lot on Saturday was the worst I have ever dealt with after any event I have been to in the dome.

I agree, I was in it, the Incarnate Word game was not a good example for me, I am back to either walking, or parking in the CVS lot, it has to be better.

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
I agree, I was in it, the Incarnate Word game was not a good example for me, I am back to either walking, or parking in the CVS lot, it has to be better.

It was just starting to rain otherwise I would have done the same thing but didn't want to make my wife walk in the rain.

imabison
09-27-2014, 03:06 AM

Wow, it appears that Master got a swift kick, they got alot of the lane removed from left lane of 10th, poured alot of university to Albrecht.
1 lane both ways on 19th 10th to university ,but the question is are they replacing all of the interaction at university??

imabison
09-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Pretty disappointed they did not work on Sat.

tjbison
09-29-2014, 02:45 AM

They worked hard all year.....needed a break on a nice fall day

:biggrin:

roadwarrior
09-29-2014, 02:50 AM

And give up a day at the lakes? They are hoping for more rain so they can ask for another delay OK from the city.

unbison
09-29-2014, 03:04 AM
They worked hard all year.....needed a break on a nice fall day

:biggrin:

They work Saturdays news to me

imabison
10-01-2014, 01:22 AM
KFGO said 10th to Univ "might" be open by the weekend, if it does not rain. There could be small landscaping disruption, the rest is due to be done by
The end of October.

imabison
10-03-2014, 04:35 AM
KFGO said 10th to Univ "might" be open by the weekend, if it does not rain. There could be small landscaping disruption, the rest is due to be done by
The end of October.
Wow 19th is open all lanes 10th to university, all but a little landscaping of the Casey end. They poured the new entrance to Holiday. Wonder if the lane being filled
On 10th will be concrete or dirt. Looks like the are going to be able to do the Univ and 19th intersection without closing it.

imabison
10-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Now they pissed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Hell Happy Harry's will lose $100000-200000 this weekend alone its homecoming, Piepkorn is going after Master again.

Bison"FANatic"
10-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Now they passed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Hell Happy Harry's will lose $100000-200000 this weekend alone its homecoming, Piepkorn is going after Master again.

The parking lots have been empty empty empty up there. Makes it nice to catch a quick lunch though.

unbison
10-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Now it does appear they are working at it.... One of the hold ups with concrete is cure time....often takes 7 days to make strength to put trucks on to pour the next section

1998braves64
10-07-2014, 02:49 AM
Now they passed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Heard that, but didn't say how much the 45th st store gained? Likely not all of it but some probably went there if it was only slightly out of their way home.

He can't go after just Master though as any new regulations will apply to everyone. One of his ideas was 24 hour working days if project falls behind (a surefire way of causing more issues if you ask me maybe unbison can confirm or debunk that) not to mention with a stretched thin work force you would be putting greenhorns out there at night and greenhorns are likely to be a safety hazard and more safety incidents means more likely a major incident happening. Again could scare companies away and less bids mean less likely you save tax dollars on construction and still get crappy product out of the deal.

imabison
10-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Heard that, but didn't say how much the 45th st store gained? Likely not all of it but some probably went there if it was only slightly out of their way home.

He can't go after just Master though as any new regulations will apply to everyone. One of his ideas was 24 hour working days if project falls behind (a surefire way of causing more issues if you ask me maybe unbison can confirm or debunk that) not to mention with a stretched thin work force you would be putting greenhorns out there at night and greenhorns are likely to be a safety hazard and more safety incidents means more likely a major incident happening. Again could scare companies away and less bids mean less likely you save tax dollars on construction and still get crappy product out of the deal.
Not sure on the 24 hr work, because you have to be able to get concrete, asphalt, sand. I do think that Master should have been working weekends .

Just look at the lane they are removing from 10th it should be ready finish. The new Holiday driveway is being used.

1998braves64
10-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Not sure on the 24 hr work, because you have to be able to get concrete, asphalt, sand. I do think that Master should have been working weekends .

Just look at the lane they are removing from 10th it should be ready finish. The new Holiday driveway is being used.

Pretty sure that getting the concrete and even asphalt wouldn't be insurmountable because when they pour the concrete on the elevator silos those go 24hrs as they can't stop once they start. Asphalt might be a different story but Piepkorn only wanted it on main access roads such as 19th and all of these are concrete as far as I know.

StL Bison Fan
10-07-2014, 03:33 AM
The parking lots have been empty empty empty up there. Makes it nice to catch a quick lunch though.

I have really not had any trouble getting to BwW or HH. If you want to get to a business up there you can. I'm not sure people who want booze will give up that easy :biggrin:

imabison
10-07-2014, 04:02 AM
I have really not had any trouble getting to BwW or HH. If you want to get to a business up there you can. I'm not sure people who want booze will give up that easy :biggrin:
From very past history when 19th was widen from 2 to 4 lanes many years ago it hurt business alot. During construction that is.

DIBISON
10-07-2014, 04:12 AM
I've seen the contractor doing the 25th street south project working both at night and weekends.

unbison
10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Pretty sure that getting the concrete and even asphalt wouldn't be insurmountable because when they pour the concrete on the elevator silos those go 24hrs as they can't stop once they start. Asphalt might be a different story but Piepkorn only wanted it on main access roads such as 19th and all of these are concrete as far as I know.
We won a national paving award paving at night ...... Right there in Hillsboro ...... Another note..... Master just does not care about deadlines ..... And has anyone driven on what they have done rides like a gravel road

1998braves64
10-07-2014, 11:28 AM
We won a national paving award paving at night ...... Right there in Hillsboro ...... Another note..... Master just does not care about deadlines ..... And has anyone driven on what they have done rides like a gravel road

No wonder they are so cruddy! :biggrin:

imabison
10-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Did they do the 2nd street underpass?? It was declared rough when it was finished...
Nothing in the online paper about Peipkorn and Master today.

imabison
10-08-2014, 12:40 AM
37 days, not sure if that is from the date in Sept , or from now. The panel decided that weather was not an option, blaming it on utilities, well what about poor panning.

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Went to subway at 1215 today I was the only vehicle in the drive through. Masters construction, bad for business, good for a quick lunch

unbison
10-08-2014, 02:53 AM
37 days, not sure if that is from the date in Sept , or from now. The panel decided that weather was not an option, blaming it on utilities, well what about poor panning.

You mean to tell me century links personal contractor didn't know what utilities were there..... That said we waited a month in oxbow for phone lines to be moved

imabison
10-08-2014, 03:15 AM
You mean to tell me century links personal contractor didn't know what utilities were there..... That said we waited a month in oxbow for phone lines to be moved
All KFGO said was "utilities" no mention of who....grrr...

imabison
10-08-2014, 03:20 AM
All KFGO said was "utilities" no mention of who....grrr...
http://www.inforum.com/content/fargo-city-staff-recommends-no-penalty-delays-19th-avenue-project

Houston Engineering recommended 37 days. Master asked for 31.5. It is from the original finish date of Sept 15.
My question is how much are the delays costing, and who is paying if the Master gets no penalty....

HerdBot
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM

Agreed . Planning like a pro can prevent stuff and they didn't work at night so they obviously didn't show any urgency. Me thinks they working the system starting with the lowest bid since they know the city has to give it to them, even if they lack the manpower

1998braves64
10-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Agreed . Planning like a pro can prevent stuff and they didn't work at night so they obviously didn't show any urgency. Me thinks they working the system starting with the lowest bid since they know the city has to give it to them, even if they lack the manpower

The problem is if you don't have a night crew or plan (planning is huge and night crews generally cost more to have in place) to have one it is tough to put together a night crew when they likely are stretched thin if you just start tossing new people out there you end up with a bigger mess and still aren't ahead of the game. That said Master has seemed to make delays occur all the time.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
10-08-2014, 01:37 PM

Not to defend Master, I worked there during a summer in college, but there are so many things buried underground people have no clue where they are. There were quite few times where the locator cables would be broken and noone would have a clue. I have personally seen a natural gas lines hit.. because they supposedly ended half a block away. I will also say, that Century Links personal are union and do not move any faster than they have to. They also, will not get dirty.. one time we dug a hole for them to fix a cable, we had to bring in a dump truck full of rock, so the century link dude would not get his boots dirty in the hole. When dealing with utilities, some companies really dont have a clue where their cables/lines are espically in older areas. It is also not as easy to move those things as the average person may think.

HerdBot
10-08-2014, 01:45 PM
The problem is if you don't have a night crew or plan (planning is huge and night crews generally cost more to have in place) to have one it is tough to put together a night crew when they likely are stretched thin if you just start tossing new people out there you end up with a bigger mess and still aren't ahead of the game. That said Master has seemed to make delays occur all the time.

If that's the case they were unqualified to bid on it. If your night crew is incompetent, that's their problem. And if it's too expensive they shouldn't have bidded lowest on it to begin with. Sounds like they just want to make as much money as possible. Yeah its capitalism and I get that, but this is OUR city and OUR small businesses who got fucked on the deal.

Honeybooboo
10-08-2014, 01:55 PM
master is running themselves out of business, might not have to worry about them in the near future

1998braves64
10-08-2014, 04:03 PM
If that's the case they were unqualified to bid on it. If your night crew is incompetent, that's their problem. And if it's too expensive they shouldn't have bidded lowest on it to begin with. Sounds like they just want to make as much money as possible. Yeah its capitalism and I get that, but this is OUR city and OUR small businesses who got fucked on the deal.

Unqualified how? They bid it per City of Fargo's specs. They got the extension per specs. We can bemoan that they have a reputation that proceeds them but until they stop bidding (per Fargo's specs) or go out of business they will be "qualified". They had the schedule laid out in the specs or per their proposal, likely the former. They are not REQUIRED to work 24 hours. If peipkorn gets his way that could change in future but I think there is a bit of political pandering going on for publics sake.

My argument about incompetent night crew is they can't just whip up a competent one in a month or 2 (if forced to plan for one then we can agree) and think that will allow them to complete the job "sooner" might take a lot more man hours (so costs them more than if they continue the road they are on, pun intended) and if they aren't competent you end up in same place, delays, because of rework but with added costs.

imabison
10-08-2014, 04:22 PM
The extension is until Nov 23 according to the article could swear it said from the original date last night.

And as far as the City of Fargo being required to accept the lowest bid that meets all specs, I wonder if there are exceptions to that. I am not sure
but thinking it might be case.

gotts
10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Unqualified how? They bid it per City of Fargo's specs. They got the extension per specs. We can bemoan that they have a reputation that proceeds them but until they stop bidding (per Fargo's specs) or go out of business they will be "qualified". They had the schedule laid out in the specs or per their proposal, likely the former. They are not REQUIRED to work 24 hours. If peipkorn gets his way that could change in future but I think there is a bit of political pandering going on for publics sake.

My argument about incompetent night crew is they can't just whip up a competent one in a month or 2 (if forced to plan for one then we can agree) and think that will allow them to complete the job "sooner" might take a lot more man hours (so costs them more than if they continue the road they are on, pun intended) and if they aren't competent you end up in same place, delays, because of rework but with added costs.

Typically you can specify a means of work or an end result, but when you start specifying a means of work AND an end result, then you're starting to assume liability. General terms, yes, but you can't tell a contractor how to work (i.e. 24 hrs) and tell them what the end result needs to be unless it's clearly outlined in the contract documents.

1998braves64
10-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Typically you can specify a means of work or an end result, but when you start specifying a means of work AND an end result, then you're starting to assume liability. General terms, yes, but you can't tell a contractor how to work (i.e. 24 hrs) and tell them what the end result needs to be unless it's clearly outlined in the contract documents.

I think I somewhat stated that in one of my first posts about this. Most specs read it is up to the Contractor to complete work by said date. Means and ways is up to the contractor type wording. They would have to change the specs to indicate if the project falls behind either regardless of weather or utilities the contractor will be required to work 24 hr shifts.

The extension is until Nov 23 according to the article could swear it said from the original date last night.

And as far as the City of Fargo being required to accept the lowest bid that meets all specs, I wonder if there are exceptions to that. I am not sure

Any public money is required by state law to take the lowest responsible (meaning they have provided bid, bid bonds, etc in the bid packet at the opening) bid. There are very very few if any exceptions.

Not sure on the Nov 23rd date. Usually they work it in calendar or working days and neither of those are close to November 23rd.

HerdBot
10-08-2014, 07:07 PM

By Fargo definition that's probably true. In my book you can't do the job your unqualified and shouldn't be bidding on it. If you can't get the overnight workers to do their job effectively, your unqualified. If your workers are not trained in advance they are unqualified. But if they meet the specs, obviously the city needs to set some better standards. Don't just give someone a bid if they are the lowest. Make sure they have the manpower to do the job. Obviously they are spead thin and if they are not, they are simply incompetent.

gotts
10-08-2014, 07:28 PM
By Fargo definition that's probably true. In my book you can't do the job your unqualified and shouldn't be bidding on it. If you can't get the overnight workers to do their job effectively, your unqualified. If your workers are not trained in advance they are unqualified. But if they meet the specs, obviously the city needs to set some better standards. Don't just give someone a bid if they are the lowest. Make sure they have the manpower to do the job. Obviously they are spead thin and if they are not, they are simply incompetent.

This is an elite line of reasoning. When can we expect your construction start-up?

unbison
10-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Not to defend Master, I worked there during a summer in college, but there are so many things buried underground people have no clue where they are. There were quite few times where the locator cables would be broken and noone would have a clue. I have personally seen a natural gas lines hit.. because they supposedly ended half a block away. I will also say, that Century Links personal are union and do not move any faster than they have to. They also, will not get dirty.. one time we dug a hole for them to fix a cable, we had to bring in a dump truck full of rock, so the century link dude would not get his boots dirty in the hole. When dealing with utilities, some companies really dont have a clue where their cables/lines are espically in older areas. It is also not as easy to move those things as the average person may think.

Idk if you know it but 19th ave is in the wheelhouse of what I do for a living

Bison bison
10-08-2014, 08:59 PM
push pedestrian buttons at traffic crossings?

fake hump traffic cones?

unbison
10-09-2014, 12:50 AM
push pedestrian buttons at traffic crossings?

fake hump traffic cones?

Exactly!!!!

1998braves64
10-09-2014, 02:31 AM

If Master is this bad then how are they still in business? They obviously have done something right over the years. Whether the slow speed they seemingly work benefits them at all, highly doubt delays do whether they are penalized or not.

They can't just wing a bid and know they will be the lowest they still have to have a good idea what other companies are going to bid in order to bid lower.

My opinion the only incompetence likely is planning for the unexpected and finding a way of putting the pressure on those that they have little control over (utilities).

CAS4127
10-09-2014, 02:39 AM

Yes--lowest "qualified" bidder.

And to answer other posts, there are only so many contractors that have ability to do larger jobs.

That said, all of them are in bed together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unbison
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Yes--lowest "qualified" bidder.

And to answer other posts, there are only so many contractors that have ability to do larger jobs.

That said, all of them are in bed together.

Incorrect false statement

1998braves64
10-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Incorrect false statement

Why doesn't your company make master construction it's *itch every night and day?? :biggrin:

Loud and Proud Bison fan
10-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Idk if you know it but 19th ave is in the wheelhouse of what I do for a living

How in the heck am I supposed to know what you do for a living? I simply started facts of things I witnessed in life.

unbison
10-09-2014, 01:37 PM
How in the heck am I supposed to know what you do for a living? I simply started facts of things I witnessed in life.
Was just saying my man

unbison
10-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Why doesn't your company make master construction it's *itch every night and day?? :biggrin:

Ask your engineer friends what is thought of dakota underground....we do our share of work in the area

Hail bison
10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Ask your engineer friends what is thought of dakota underground....we do our share of work in the area

Oh, you are Dakota. Good reputation and the biggest swinging iron in Fargo. Except that 385 that was in town a couple years ago

1998braves64
10-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Who the ones next door to you? They're a bunch of loonies up there! All they have to do is divert water. :hide: :biggrin:

imabison
10-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Seems we talked about this...

Her staff could also rank contractors on past performance and include that as part of the criteria for winning bids, .........

The city has to accept the lowest bid, but only from what’s considered a “responsible bidder,” she said. A really bad performance could get a contractor taken off the list of responsible bidders, she......

If they are going to offer incentives for early finishes, then they need penalties for not being finished on time.

http://www.inforum.com/content/19th-avenue-north-businesses-say-road-construction-delays-painful

Tatanka
10-14-2014, 03:17 AM
did I hear right that there's another request for an extension?

imabison
10-14-2014, 03:29 AM
did I hear right that there's another request for an extension?

This not a new extension they just voted on the first one, but approved it with no penalty. Thru October and finished by November 23.

Tatanka
10-14-2014, 04:01 AM
This not a new extension they just voted on the first one, but approved it with no penalty. Thru October and finished by November 23.

:facepalm:

Thanks.

coldspot
10-14-2014, 04:03 AM
wasn't Master the company that did the 12th Avenue Bridge? just the bridge, not the road on either side of it. seems like they dicked around for a good while on that one too.

1998braves64
10-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Who did 13th ave s? Was that northern improvement? Didn't they run into a few delays too on 13th ave s? That project created even more problems than 19th for the businesses there.

1998braves64
10-14-2014, 05:09 AM
The responsible bidders list is a dicey proposition though because in order to exclude a bidder based on performance you need a long list of very bad performances. Technically speaking they have yet to go over the deadline, as the contractors have to have the ability to shift deadline due to unforeseen circumstances. Plus Master likely has projects that would get them qualified for being a "responsible" bidder. Incentives and penalties changes are likely the only change that may work.

unbison
10-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Who did 13th ave s? Was that northern improvement? Didn't they run into a few delays too on 13th ave s? That project created even more problems than 19th for the businesses there.
In 20002 we did the east side of interstate and received full incentive For early completion

unbison
10-14-2014, 10:39 AM
wasn't Master the company that did the 12th Avenue Bridge? just the bridge, not the road on either side of it. seems like they dicked around for a good while on that one too.

Thank god master does not build bridges

Bison03
10-14-2014, 01:19 PM
The city really F'd this one up. In an attempt to get the lowest bid for this project, they decided to save a few bucks and hire a company that was obviously not qualified to complete this job in the time they expected. Especially for such a busy street like 19th Ave. I would guess that they will not be #1 on the speed dial when a new project comes up.

gotts
10-14-2014, 03:21 PM
The city really F'd this one up. In an attempt to get the lowest bid for this project, they decided to save a few bucks and hire a company that was obviously not qualified to complete this job in the time they expected. Especially for such a busy street like 19th Ave. I would guess that they will not be #1 on the speed dial when a new project comes up.

Want to know a secret? This type of stuff happens all over the state, it's just not a city of Fargo sort of thing.

NorthernBison
10-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Getting out of the East lot after the game is a nightmare.

unbison
10-14-2014, 03:40 PM
The problem is once u let someone bid and they are read low....almost impossible to not award them the job from my understanding

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2014, 04:22 PM
The problem is once u let someone bid and they are read low....almost impossible to not award them the job from my understanding

Unless you can debar them, and that's tough, you are stuck

1998braves64
10-14-2014, 05:44 PM

Reject all bids and start over again... but then that costs money/time too, so not a lot of options.

The city didn't "decide" to save $$s they are required by state law to take the low bid on public projects, not like private money where they can take whoever they please.

And this is not issue with just City of Fargo guessing there are a ton of projects behind all over. And there have been some pretty crappy jobs done by "out of state" contractors on some roads I've been on that are "complete".

imabison
10-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Getting out of the East lot after the game is a nightmare.

Trust me, park in the CVS lot next time, it a bit farther to walk before and after, but I drove right out.
I left via University. Going west by BWW3 might have been a bit harder.

imabison
10-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Mahoney said part of the blame is the new Vikings football stadium because of the concrete shortage. KFGO said the stadium is 20 % poured.

NorthernBison
10-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Trust me, park in the CVS lot next time, it a bit farther to walk before and after, but I drove right out.
I left via University. Going west by BWW3 might have been a bit harder.
Dave told me how you did it. That walk with the fricken cooler is long enough as it is. I have a better plan. Go the West lot and have a beer with those clowns and wait for the traffic to thin out.

imabison
10-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Dave told me how you did it. That walk with the fricken cooler is long enough as it is. I have a better plan. Go the West lot and have a beer with those clowns and wait for the traffic to thin out.

I did that :), and when I left they were still getting out of the east lot.

imabison
10-16-2014, 07:15 PM
According to this Master Construction is at $ 206000 penalty according to Mahoney, and is in danger of missing more deadlines.

http://www.inforum.com/content/high-construction-costs-may-cause-fargo-delay-13th-avenue-project

Now I did understand that they waived he penalties for them, but maybe not.
Also it says that 19th Ave is busier than 13th ave S on the high end of traffic counts.

unbison
10-17-2014, 12:43 AM
These people have been buffaloed again by master const..... they are looking for any justification they can find for themselves .... prime example is the project they moved to last week by the new sanford had a completion date of june 20th....

imabison
10-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Ok 19th Ave eastbound is now open all the way. That will assist going in to the dome, leaving it will assist going east on 19th, but probably not west.

imabison
10-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Construction was getting reamed on WDAY TV last night, because they are behind on 8th St. Part of the blame for the delay on 8th was 19th N. What a crock..
I think they said that they HOPE to have 1 lane open each way on 19th by Nov 15. WHAT are they doing to cause it to be that late...geez...

1998braves64
10-21-2014, 06:23 PM
In defense of construction companies we do not have new skilled workers to fill jobs left open by those retiring or getting promoted. This I believe is a national trend all across all types of construction. If you can't hire competent skilled labor then your efficiency goes down. But it is master's responsibility to realize this to an extent but like most they are going to make sure they're booked completely which means slightly overbooking as you can't bank on subs/ outside contractors(utilities) being 100% on time and correct schedule.

GOB1SON
10-21-2014, 07:10 PM
These people have been buffaloed again by master const..... they are looking for any justification they can find for themselves .... prime example is the project they moved to last week by the new sanford had a completion date of june 20th....

So here is my question, and I am guessing you are the guy to answer it:

Why do construction companies run all of their projects simultaneously? Why don't companies man up on each project so that they finish faster and impact the neighborhood less? For instance, if Master had put all of its guys on 19th, ran it 24 hours a day, they would be done in 6 weeks (I am making that up I don't know how long it would have taken) and gone on to their next job. Instead, they have 10 projects running for 6 months each and affecting 10 neighborhoods for long periods of time.

I live on 9th St. north of Fargo North. I am getting pretty damn tired of this project.

I have been thinking about this, and I know the reason has to be money, but wouldn't it be nice if not every damn street you drive down in the summer wasn't torn up?

No disrespect to anyone on this, just curious if this is even a feasible approach.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
10-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Because there is a shortage of concrete etc. right now. Master is not the only one asking for extensions, according to the news they have asked for just as many extensions as Dakota Underground, and 4 companies have 1 less than those two. There are too many open jobs in this town, noone wants to be a grunt in construction.

GoB1son..good luck with finding a compentant crew to work over nights. Also as mentioned before, there is not enough labor force for this. I know some people in this field that have quite it after some time now.. they have either headed to Williston, or found other jobs that pay less but dont require the overtime.

Everyone acts like it is an employeers job to make people work round the clock.. remember also, how many hours you work in a week. I did construction in college, never again! Now if I get 25 mins of overtime in a week, I am peeved I was at work too long.

I see both sides the fence, and feel extremely sorry for the business owners. I too, and sick of what seems like every road in this town ripped up. Because of these dang issues, we are all paying the price. I am sick of the detour of a different project (going of for over 2 months now) where everyone drives right by my place. I used to be able to have all windows open and no noise, now I cant even keep the windows open at night because its a dang main road. Anyways, I am gonna quite talking.. to sum this up... Construction Season SUCKS!!!!

oldmantutters
10-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Forget 24 hour crews, when I go up around 19th around lunchtime about one a week there is not a soul to be found working. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2014, 02:12 AM
Forget 24 hour crews, when I go up around 19th around lunchtime about one a week there is not a soul to be found working. Absolutely ridiculous.

don't go before 8 or after 5 you will be disappointed. It has been quite comical all summer. It's a running joke up there.

1998braves64
10-22-2014, 02:34 AM
So here is my question, and I am guessing you are the guy to answer it:

Why do construction companies run all of their projects simultaneously? Why don't companies man up on each project so that they finish faster and impact the neighborhood less? For instance, if Master had put all of its guys on 19th, ran it 24 hours a day, they would be done in 6 weeks (I am making that up I don't know how long it would have taken) and gone on to their next job. Instead, they have 10 projects running for 6 months each and affecting 10 neighborhoods for long periods of time.

I live on 9th St. north of Fargo North. I am getting pretty damn tired of this project.

I have been thinking about this, and I know the reason has to be money, but wouldn't it be nice if not every damn street you drive down in the summer wasn't torn up?

No disrespect to anyone on this, just curious if this is even a feasible approach.

I'm not in road construction, but am in "building" construction. As Loud and Proud put it, they can't find enough people to run all of them 24 hours/linear schedules, you overwork your crews they burnout and at the end of the construction season you're left with noone doesn't help either. Not to mention they have to wait for subcontractors (the only control they have over their schedule is money) and outside contractors such as utility contractors who may not even be under their contract; have to finish their portion of the job first, who also are fighting the lack of workers. Construction is a finicky thing. One project can go smooth start to finish, and the next project can go hell in a handbasket in a week because everything is dependent upon schedule you end up being 2 days late (heck I've had even a day late screw me over before) finishing something can put you back a week or more because the next guy down the line had a schedule to meet and workers to put to work so they put them on another job. They can't play hopscotch with their workers as that is very inefficient so a lot of times it ends up whichever one is ready for them first is the site they go to. Then throw material shortages (which I didn't know about until Tu-Uyen Tran - who seems to be a heck of a reporter by the way how did he ever end up at the Herald for a few years??) you're looking at a lot of variables that can skew your schedule badly no matter how good of planning you do. Master is being made a bit of a scapegoat because they're on one of the highest profile jobs on a business centric street. Only other one would be 25th street overpass project (that I can think of right now..). Obviously it can be done, such as ABC's extreme makeover shows indicate... but all of those contractors sign on knowing that their people/materials needs to be there at x time and they use local companies so the companies sacrifice for a week or so to get the "free publicity". There is no way a general contractor or anyone could do that month in and month out for 6+ months of the year or more. And these houses are planned out well advance, around 5-6 months(?) I knew about the minot one way before it was announced and the sales guy/management that sold the lumber knew about it before I did. $500,000 Houses are a bit less "complex" in ways than a road construction project.

Let me ask all of you if you ever had a small project at home that you were building something. Did you think in your head well it's going to take me X hours/days/weeks/months to do this? How often were you right on the money and how many times do you go over/under that? Guessing most of us underestimate the time we think it will take us... Then perhaps you ran out of screws, you ran to the local Home Depot and got more right (which you need to look at as a delay in your schedule but its only affecting you and junior who's anxious to get on that swingset/treehouse you're building), well what if Home Depot/Lowes/Menards/Mac's said sorry don't have any! Now multiply that out about 100 times dealing with subs and utilities and you got yourself a regular old construction project and many times they don't have as many options to get the "screws" as we do for our little home projects because they're REQUIRED to follow the specs which can get right down mundane at times to the stupidest things especially in public projects.

Bisonguy
10-22-2014, 05:57 PM

I drive through there multiple times a day and pretty much always saw the crew working at 5:30 or 6:30 am when I was going to work. I'm guessing ay lunchtime they were probably eating lunch.

oldmantutters
10-22-2014, 06:06 PM
I drive through there multiple times a day and pretty much always saw the crew working at 5:30 or 6:30 am when I was going to work. I'm guessing ay lunchtime they were probably eating lunch.
I should note that I usually take a late lunch. My guess would be that if they are starting at anywhere from 5:30-7:00 am they are probably taking lunch earlier than I am. From the outside looking in, even with external factors, master has really underwhelmed on this project. They should be done by now.

1998braves64
10-22-2014, 08:36 PM
I should note that I usually take a late lunch. My guess would be that if they are starting at anywhere from 5:30-7:00 am they are probably taking lunch earlier than I am. From the outside looking in, even with external factors, master has really underwhelmed on this project. They should be done by now.

Pretty sure Master doesn't want to pay for workers to stand around on 19th doing nothing... There are times when nothing more can be done until someone completes their portion.

Would you pay employees to do nothing?

Answer Guy
10-22-2014, 08:40 PM

Ask Tranny's boss.

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure Master doesn't want to pay for workers to stand around on 19th doing nothing... There are times when nothing more can be done until someone completes their portion.

I don't know if you are friends with the owner or just like to defend them but I watched it everyday and it was ridiculous.

There were days upon days early on that there was nothing happening up there. Heck there machine that breaks up the concrete lasted a day and then it sat there with cable everywhere for at least a week maybe two right away at the beginning of the season. I would come in at 8 AM and workers would be out checking oil in machines and just starting to get everything set up. One day I watched 4 people watch the 5th guy shovel dirt off the concrete, say it happen fro 15 minutes, then I came back by there 3 hours later and they were doing the same thing just 100 yards down the road. If they would have worked anywhere close to as hard as they have worked the last 6 weeks the first 2-3 months they would have been done easily. They have been getting it done lately. I know quite a few in the construction industry and they are known as a subpar company with crappy project management. Unfortunately it is what it is and until they are held accountable it will continue project after project or restrictions in contracts will have to be put into place that will unfortunately hurt the whole industry.

unbison
10-22-2014, 09:12 PM
The reason a contractor cant concentrate on one job is it takes multiple crews to do each kind of work one crew puts pipe in....the next does the dirt work and lays down the gravel ....then in comes a concrete crew and after them returns the dirt crew so one has to have multiple jobs to keep everyone busy and productive

1998braves64
10-23-2014, 02:32 AM
I don't know if you are friends with the owner or just like to defend them but I watched it everyday and it was ridiculous.

There were days upon days early on that there was nothing happening up there. Heck there machine that breaks up the concrete lasted a day and then it sat there with cable everywhere for at least a week maybe two right away at the beginning of the season. I would come in at 8 AM and workers would be out checking oil in machines and just starting to get everything set up. One day I watched 4 people watch the 5th guy shovel dirt off the concrete, say it happen fro 15 minutes, then I came back by there 3 hours later and they were doing the same thing just 100 yards down the road. If they would have worked anywhere close to as hard as they have worked the last 6 weeks the first 2-3 months they would have been done easily. They have been getting it done lately. I know quite a few in the construction industry and they are known as a subpar company with crappy project management. Unfortunately it is what it is and until they are held accountable it will continue project after project or restrictions in contracts will have to be put into place that will unfortunately hurt the whole industry.

Not a friend, and Master's reputation precedes them well aware of that. I would agree that there likely was a lack of PM on the front end that's usually where the problems start. Again goes back to being able to spread all their employees around to where the work is. Very well could have been earlier this year the guys didn't really have anywhere to go so they have them going out doing small crap like you described just to give them something to do? I don't know. The employees don't want to go home and not get paid and they don't like to pay them for doing nothing although what you described is pretty much doing nothing, but at least one was doing something?

But when I read an article that says that several projects in town has asked for an extension (some have applied in just as numerous as Master), and there are KNOWN labor shortages and material shortages. It's not all one company's fault. Are they partially at fault likely, not to the extent that some people are/have been throwing them under the bus though.

unbison
10-23-2014, 02:53 AM
I will tell you that article is misleading

CAS4127
10-23-2014, 03:28 AM

You're kidding, right?!/purple

1998braves64
10-23-2014, 11:55 AM

What was misleading, serious question? I know that the length of extensions were not mentioned and Masters likely was double of everyone else combined!! :)

imabison
10-27-2014, 11:29 PM
19th is beginning to show the evil traffic engineers, sorry if their is one on here. Fargodome lot f..d up for ever. You will never leave the dome going west on 19th again. Only east as no crossover to westbound.

Positive notes they are installing the median fences. Also the walkway poured , but no longer a turn from 19th to CVS for the above reason.

If I was the Holiday station I would have been as pissed as Happy Harry, the closed both entrances from 10th St for close to 2 weeks. NDSU village and Holiday had to go west on 19th. And then turn across eastbound traffic to go back to Holiday .

Oh well it sprinkled today. Weather DELAY :)

Bison"FANatic"
10-27-2014, 11:41 PM
I am curious to see how much snow the three foot wall causes to back up onto 19th. Hopefully none but it sure seems close to the street. I think it used to be just a bank that it could go up and over.

imabison
11-03-2014, 02:26 AM
I am curious to see how much snow the three foot wall causes to back up onto 19th. Hopefully none but it sure seems close to the street. I think it used to be just a bank that it could go up and over.

The question should be how much snow will the nedian fences catch. 19th is now open 1 lane west also.

Fences up and limited cross points. I crossed on Albrecht, hat kind of engineer puts normal width sidewalks when
Even for a few events hundreds of people are crossing. Heck double the width at that crossing would be sensible. Nope not in Fargo.

I have not driven it, but I suspect the middle crossing may be the same width. Hope I am wrong.

North Side
11-03-2014, 02:59 AM
the 19th ave planning design and implementation seem all to be questionable or failures... hopefully I will change my mind after its all said and done.... but so far I am not impressed.

imabison
11-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Can you believe it weather delay on 19th, just kidding. Street lights up now, by the presence of temporary stop sign on the boulevard they are ready to put up the new stop lights on 19th and 10th.

imabison
11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Can you believe it weather delay on 19th, just kidding. Street lights up now, by the presence of temporary stop sign on the boulevard they are ready to put up the new stop lights on 19th and 10th.

Also the new blocking arms are up at Dakoa Drive and 18th

imabison
11-08-2014, 03:51 AM
Also the new blocking arms are up at Dakoa Drive and 18th

The more I look at the new blocking are setup the more I see a death trap, I can't believe that setup was approved. Someone is going to hit that from the west and at the wring angle will spin right into the unprotected arm structure and its not going to be good. I figure it would be protected across the whole end. On well it appears that the new street lights on 10th are the last major step.

unbison
11-08-2014, 03:56 AM
I said the same about the high medians on veterans blvd as we built it..... but alas they have been little to no trouble at all for john q public

El_Chapo
11-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Fire Master Save Fargo roads

IzzyFlexion
11-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Fire Master Save Fargo roads

Fire Masturbation, Save legalized prosti..............oooops...forgot I was typing out loud.

Rockbear99
11-08-2014, 02:39 PM
and izzy lost himself

HerdBot
11-08-2014, 03:01 PM
19th is beginning to show the evil traffic engineers, sorry if their is one on here. Fargodome lot f..d up for ever. You will never leave the dome going west on 19th again. Only east as no crossover to westbound.

Positive notes they are installing the median fences. Also the walkway poured , but no longer a turn from 19th to CVS for the above reason.

If I was the Holiday station I would have been as pissed as Happy Harry, the closed both entrances from 10th St for close to 2 weeks. NDSU village and Holiday had to go west on 19th. And then turn across eastbound traffic to go back to Holiday .

Oh well it sprinkled today. Weather DELAY :)

I drove out of there yesterday
You can turn left onto 19th from the dome but with the fence there it blocks the view of traffic heading west bound so it's really dangerous. They need to put a stop light there.

The fencing and brick in front of the dome look great. Gives the area a big time feel

coldspot
11-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Somebody already drove into the median fencing

Bisonguy
11-08-2014, 05:26 PM

Yeah, just saw that. Prolly why we can't have nice things.

ndsubison1
11-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Just saw that. :facepalm:. Curious to see how often this will happen. It;s not even winter yet...

Honeybooboo
11-09-2014, 09:38 PM
The fencing and brick in front of the dome look great. Gives the area a big time feel

So 19th Ave is ready for FBS?

Bisonguy
11-10-2014, 12:04 AM

Yes, but 25th is still stuck in D2.

MNLonghorn10
11-10-2014, 10:46 AM

paging tony, strike 1 for mr booboo

imabison
11-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Someone needs to advise KFGO that 19th ave is not finished yet, and by them buying the construction crews lunch on Wednesday they may be causing the 19th Crew to miss the deadline AGAIN...

Anyone else who saw the fence damage think that someone very inebriated may have driven in the wrong lane, realized it and then thought
it was a plastic green fence and tried to drive through it??????

Bison"FANatic"
11-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Anyone else who saw the fence damage think that someone very inebriated may have driven in the wrong lane, realized it and then thought

RU confessing or asking???????

imabison
11-10-2014, 07:11 PM
RU confessing or asking???????
:) :) asking...Since it happened when I was at the BBF I have an alibi...

Bisonguy
11-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Someone needs to advise KFGO that 19th ave is not finished yet, and by them buying the construction crews lunch on Wednesday they may be causing the 19th Crew to miss the deadline AGAIN...

Thought it looked like someone eastbound was prolly texting, drifted towards the median and then launched up the crosswalk curb into the fence. At least that's what I get when driving past there while texting.

runtheoption
11-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Thought it looked like someone eastbound was prolly texting, drifted towards the median and then launched up the crosswalk curb into the fence. At least that's what I get when driving past there while texting.
I've never seen the damage when I drive by there. Too busy texting and shotgunning my beer.

imabison
11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
The Eagles are flying, I think that is what they call the lights on the walking crosswalk by Burger King.
Also the lane closure barrels are up restricting traffic at 19th and 10th. Can only assume the new semaphore will be up soon there.

Can this mean they will finish on or before the November 23rd deadline??

imabison
11-25-2014, 01:16 AM

Ok its now November 24th and these still have not opened the sidewalk on the west side of 10th. You can reach around the pole and hit the walk button going south and
D the walk light comes on but the cars coming north are not going to stop. Cross at your own risk.

Wonder what Masters excuse is??

unbison
11-25-2014, 01:27 AM
They will qualify for substantially complete

imabison
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
They will qualify for substantially complete

And substantially expensive if someone gets hit by a car and they can blame the city or contractors...grrr
Hell they fixed the median fence already where the vehicle had hit it.

I just hope they get it finished.

ndsubison1
11-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Turning north onto University from eastbound 19th I've noticed the green arrow isn't nearly as long as before, so takes forever during rush hour

Bisonguy
11-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Programming the lights is taken care of by the city.

ndsubison1
11-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Programming the lights is taken care of by the city.

Yeah, just wanted to complain.

imabison
05-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Can you believe it, 19 th Ave north is finally done.
They even took down the sign on northbound 10th that was between the turn left and straight ahead arrow that said left turn on green yield, for WHO yah big dumb.

That sign nearly caused many accidents. Ok so figure the tax bill and send it out.

imabison
07-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Not related to 19th ave by address but the reason for the delay is very familiar :) :0)

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/3826993-Grand-Forks-businesses-find-resilience-during-DeMers-construction

From the last paragraph...

Joan Ryan Mangino, executive assistant at Strata Corp., the xxxxx doing the DeMers construction, noted that the project has fallen behind due to CenturyLink, an internet service provider, not yet completing some of its work. The xxxxx finish date of Nov. 15 has remained unchanged.

let see wasnt 12th ave in Fargo, and 19th Ave in Fargo both delayed due to CenturyLink not getting their ducks in a row...

Professor Chaos
07-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Hopefully Century Link has nothing to do with the project on the Sheyenne St overpass/exit on I94. Otherwise it might not get done until 2056.