PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirts for Gopher Game

SDbison
09-03-2006, 05:01 AM
Talked with one of the Salespeople at Scheels last Thursday and he said they are getting some cool T-shirts in pretty soon for the Gopher game. Apparently they are a take off on the "Whack a Mole" game and picture Thundar putting the hurt on a Gopher with a big mallet as he peeks his head out of the hole. Not sure what more than "Whack a Gopher" will be printed on it. Got to get several of these........they will be a hot item.

lakesbison
09-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Lets get moving..

game is only 48 days away or so..

between this and the tickets from U of M ticket office... it puzzles me, this should be a BUILD UP of enormous propositions!!!

I'd say NDSU @ U of Minn Oct 21st is BIGGEST GAME IN NDSU HISTORY!!!

SDbison
09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Curious, did anyone reading my post about the Gopher game T-shirts think the design Scheels plans to sell is worth a crap? 60 plus people read the post but nobody replied with "great idea have to get one", or "seems kind of lame, wish they had one that said Gophers Suck". I really thought there would have been more interest. Are people making their own shirt designs? Anybody care?

Tatanka
09-04-2006, 05:39 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I see the shirt. If it's worthy to be worn I'll buy four.

SDbison
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I see the shirt. *If it's worthy to be worn I'll buy four.
I agree Tatanka......I will have to see what they look like before I will buy. I expect them to look good because the Sales guy had seen the design and was excited to get them in. I won't be back to Fargo until the morning of the Northeastern game so I would appreciate if someone could check with Scheels, find out when the shirts arrive, take a look when they do and post a review on this thread. Thanks!

BisonBryce
09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I'll probably be in...im a sucker for a good shirt.

Bisonguy
09-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I stopped by Scheel's today. The shirts aren't in yet, but should be this week.

insane_ponderer
09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Any idea on the color?

hopefully all the bison fans remember to wear green.

SDbison
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Any idea on the color?

hopefully all the bison fans remember to wear green.
I believe the Sales guy at Scheels said something about a couple different colors but I don't recall which colors would be available. I suppose white, yellow and green are likely colors.

Thundarette05
09-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I just called Scheels today and have the t-shirts in stock and on the floor for sale. The colors they have are white, grey and YELLOW. I asked if they were going to be getting them in green and he didn't believe they would. Too bad. Wanted to wear a green one to the game!

SDbison
09-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I just called Scheels today and have the t-shirts in stock and on the floor for sale. The colors they have are white, grey and YELLOW. I asked if they were going to be getting them in green and he didn't believe they would. Too bad. Wanted to wear a green one to the game!
I also recently found out the design is not the one that I described at the beginning of this topic. Apparently the U of M took issue with the generic gopher that was used in the whack a gopher shirt and would not approve it so the T-shirt company required a new design. I guess the new one just has two opposing helmets. Not nearly as cool or fun. What a bunch of babies at the U of M.

NDSU_grad
09-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I was at Scheels the other day and wasn't really impressed with the shirts, but I'm old and don't really like the cartoonish t-shirts that seem to be in vogue these days. :)

sambini
09-30-2006, 04:45 AM
They are so so+++++++++++

TheDoctor
09-30-2006, 06:07 AM
I wanted GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT going to wear anything but GREEN to the game! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

IowaBison
09-30-2006, 02:55 PM
They're yellow?

Are they really that dense?

?

sway1331
09-30-2006, 03:26 PM
They're yellow?

?

guess so. anyone with half a brain would realize that ndsu fans wearing yellow shirts would blend in with the thousands of gopher fans wearing their yellow shirts.

broke_back_mnt
09-30-2006, 03:52 PM
They're yellow?

?

A yellow one was gifted to me. *:-[ Yellow T-shirt with green BISON Logo. *I wore that and a maroon corduroy shirt to the Northeastern game out of respect for them -The Gophers-but did take the shirt off before kickoff. *

BISON fans should wear green hats and yellow shirts.

lonelygriz
09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
School colors may be officially green and yellow but in reality it is GREEN AND GOLD!

TheDoctor
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Apparently! ;D