PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern Game next week.

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:35 AM
I remember NDSU versus Georgia Southern was the vote winner for next week on the I-AA.org game of the week poll and Ralph said the game would be televised. Is the game televised? If it is who has it? If not will their be a webcast?

sambini
10-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Looking forward to the trip to Statesboro,Ga. If its on the webcast Cadilllac will have a Budweiser party again. So Dormie and Goofy and tailgating crew can crank it up.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 03:42 AM
See ya in Statesboro Sambini......you ought to stop by Retrievers and have a beer with us before the game!!

TonkaBison
10-01-2006, 04:20 AM
See ya in Statesboro Sambini......you ought to stop by Retrievers and have a beer with us before the game!!

Any idea if this is a hostile environment down there for tailgating? I was wondering if this Red Flag Society was worth checking out!

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 04:25 AM

Any idea if this is a hostile environment down there for tailgating? *I was wondering if this Red Flag Society was worth checking out!

From what I've heard, the Red Flag gang is definitely worthwhile to check out. They know how to tailgate, and will hook you up with some southern hospitality.

Maybe ask on the GSU board, and they can give you specifics.

Bison13
10-01-2006, 04:47 AM
I dont know anything about GSU. What are there strengths? How do we match up against them? Do we have an advantage in any certain areas? Do they?

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 04:49 AM

Any idea if this is a hostile environment down there for tailgating? *I was wondering if this Red Flag Society was worth checking out!

We are starting out at Retrievers and then I have an invite to hit the Red Flag Society from some of them tailgating there. It is something I don't want to miss. I will have the camera for pictures!

virgfoss
10-01-2006, 04:58 AM
They had over 20,000 for the C.Conn game and 17,000 for their last home game.
Should be a great crowd.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 05:00 AM
They had over 20,000 for the C.Conn game and 17,000 for their last home game.
Should be a great crowd.

........and I hear they are loud and intense!

PX
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM

FWIW:

The Red Flag gang are a bunch of very nice folks. *Their tailgating area is always open to visitors and I can assure you Bison folks will be well treated, and you might even make a couple of Redneck friends whether you want to or not....

At the game itself you might meet a couple of redneck fans you probably WON'T care to make friends with, but blessedly it's a small number and even tho visitors are seated near our student section and our band generally the heckling of guests is good natured.

I've never heard of anyone leaving the Red Flag tailgate areas hungry, thirsty, or offended... *Please stop by and see for yourself.

Best Wishes,

J.P.

sambini
10-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info. Wyoming we will see you there. Road is on the same flight.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Wyoming we will see you there. Road is on the same flight.

Here is the link for the Sports bar we will hit before the game......after that I plan on checking out the Red Flag Society and saying, "Howdy" to so other hard core DI-AA fans!

http://www.retrieversstatesboro.com/

PX
10-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I dont know anything about GSU. What are there strengths? How do we match up against them? Do we have an advantage in any certain areas? Do they?

In A Nutshell:

This is a crazy season for the GSU faithful.. * The entire previous Coaching staff was fired after our Eagle meltdown on TV in Texas last year. (After an 8-4 season).

Our new head coach, Bryan VanGorder, came in and tossed out the old triple option. Our players in house were recruited "small & fast" specifically tailered to the triple option.. *BVG immediately canned the offense totally that put the 6 National Championship flags on the pole in Paulson Stadium.

Our season thus far has been miserable. *We have lost to two teams we "thought" we should have beaten... *

We have had some 1A transfers come in to speed up the rebuilding process, but so far our Eagles are just a question mark.

The Eagles your Bison will face next week will not be the powerful 3/0 team of years past. *You will find a team being remodeled into BVG's version of what our GSU Eagles should look like. *At this point of the season we are struggling in several areas.

Our defensive secondary are all very young, inexperienced, and consequently suceptible to deep passes. *

Our defense against the run seems pretty good... *(Thank you John Mohring)

Our kicking game has been a sad joke all season, but last night our "new" kicker did a good job. *Hopefully we will be stronger in the kicking game for the rest of the season. *

Our qb is a 1A transfer, has a cannon for an arm, but is still climbing the learning curve.. *I think he will be a very good qb as he matures and gets more playing time.. *At this point of the season tho, he still struggles a bit. *I like his attitude, he is a leader, he's tough, and his potential skills bode well for us later on.. *Just not so sure about "right now"..

We do have a couple of excellent runners.. *Of course your defense might prove me wrong, but if GSU has a strength, it's the running game.

I do think that playing in Statesboro always gives our guys a lift.. *Our fans are loud and get into the game pretty well, and the atmosphere can be electric..

All in all I think Bison fans will be well treated. *We have a couple of teams in our conference that we absolutely detest (App State/Furman) and all bets are off for civility when we play them, home or away. *We don't have that negative history with the Bison.

Hope lots of your fans can make the trip, enjoy the hospitality of the Georgia Southern fans and have a long, long, long flight back to ND... *(Just a subtle way of saying I hope GSU wins).

IMO if our best "team" shows up we can give the Bison a great game. *But this season we never seem to know "which" team will show up, so it's a crap shoot.

Hope your folks, team and fans, have a safe trip to and from, no players on either team get serious injuries, and when the smoke clears both teams and fans will have respect for each other, no matter who wins.

Best Wishes, and keep in mind this is just one GSU fans opinion....

JP

lonelygriz
10-01-2006, 03:01 PM
With all due respect it is the BISON no s at the end!

No_Skill
10-01-2006, 03:30 PM
With all due respect it is the BISON no s at the end!

Thank you lonelygriz. I will never call you "the Bears".

TransAmBison
10-01-2006, 04:40 PM
So, back to the original post...is this game televised or webcast at all? Anyone know? Sidestreet?

kchats
10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
PX does Georgia Southern webcast their games? Will the Bison game be televised?

Till
10-01-2006, 07:50 PM
When we were at the Sidestreet last week I think I heard the manager say that they would have all of the technical difficulties taken care of and they'd be ready in two weeks. I'm hoping he was referring to the GSU game.

I'd be curious if someone can confirm that though.

PX
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
PX does Georgia Southern webcast their games? *Will the Bison game be televised?

ktchats: *Last season GSU did webcast our Eagle games, but haven't this year. *I don't see where the game is being televised, but you might monitor our TSC website for more information.

If I see where the game will be televised I will try can come back here with the info.

Best Wishes,

J.P

gsueagles101
10-02-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm inviting you guys over to the TSC message board for a little smack talk. Hoping you guys will show up and humor us over there. As far as the game goes, hope you have a safe trip down and a looooong one back. We aren't the old GSU but we can still play a little ball. Our guys are improving every week and it's beginning to show. Hope to see a bunch of you at the game so you can experience first hand some South Georgia Heat and Humidity.

Bisonguy
10-02-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm inviting you guys over to the TSC message board for a little smack talk. *Hoping you guys will show up and humor us over there. *As far as the game goes, hope you have a safe trip down and a looooong one back. *We aren't the old GSU but we can still play a little ball. *Our guys are improving every week and it's beginning to show. *Hope to see a bunch of you at the game so you can experience first hand some South Georgia Heat and Humidity. *

Hopefully NDSU can keep it close. NDSU is still only a transitional DI-AA school, only a couple years removed from DII. Hopefully the heat and humidity doesn't affect the Bison too much.

gsueagles101
10-02-2006, 02:44 AM
I notice you have a nice stadium to play football in up there. Hopefully you'll like but hate "Our House" when you see it and are leaving it. If the fans show up in numbers and too many don't go to the UGA-TENN game this weekend, it will be a very hostile environment. I think the students will show but the other fans is what I am worried about.

Bisonguy
10-02-2006, 02:49 AM
GSU has pretty good attendance numbers so far.

Hopefully the fans show up. :)

sambini
10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
We will see ya all on saturday++++++++++++

tony
10-02-2006, 01:03 PM
This is the game I've been waiting for since 1986 when both schools won championships running the option. It's kind of interesting how the two programs' fortunes have paralleled each other... at least NDSU has a few years' head start on the transition from option to pro-style offense. Just wish the game was in Fargo. It's going to be dang hot and humid down there (they've been setting records or near records) and this is the third long flight for NDSU in a row. Hopefully NDSU can do what they did before the NW State game last year.

No doubt about it, GSU will be a huge challenge for NDSU. They've got all kinds of speed and will have a better rushing attack, by far, than NDSU has seen so far this year. Blah, blah, blah, stop the run, make them one-dimensional, blah, blah, blah (you've heard it all before, but this is the game, more than any other this year, where being able to stop the run will dictate who wins). Of course, it'd be great if NDSU could rush the ball since that would eat up the clock and shorten the game.

It's been my experience that programs like GSU and NDSU (there are only a handful of programs like them) play out of their minds when they are home underdogs.

Some GSU stuff:

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/category.asp?C=78129

PX
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
[quote author=tony

It's been my experience that programs like GSU and NDSU (there are only a handful of programs like them) play out of their minds when they are home underdogs. quote]

AND: *GSU & NDSU will both play "out of their minds" Saturday is my guess........

Wx forecast: *High of 84/humidity 69% *change of precip: 20%

I don't think the weather will affect your players much at all. *We love it when it's MUCH hotter and the humidity is MUCH higher.. *With our luck this year the dang sand gnats probably won't even be biting...

I think it should be a great game. *

Best Wishes,

J.P.

MinotBison
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
[quote author=tony

It's been my experience that programs like GSU and NDSU (there are only a handful of programs like them) play out of their minds when they are home underdogs. quote]

AND: *GSU & NDSU will both play "out of their minds" Saturday is my guess........

Wx forecast: *High of 84/humidity 69% *change of precip: 20%

I don't think the weather will affect your players much at all. *We love it when it's MUCH hotter and the humidity is MUCH higher.. *With our luck this year the dang sand gnats probably won't even be biting...

I think it should be a great game. *

Best Wishes,

J.P.

I won't be there but I know others will. I am sure they will look forward to some GSU tailgating hospitality.

broke_back_mnt
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Heres a nice article some of you may want to read. *Its a wrap up of last weeks GSU vs. 24th ranked Western Carolina. It was a road game for the Eagles and they won 24-14.

They had 203 yds rushing: *106 by Chris Covington and 97 by Lamar Lewis. They are tough and did run some option. One play was a 4th down and goal that got stuffed. But, they did everything. Scored on the big pass play, got the turnovers. They are tough and they seem to be coming together. 2-2 on the season.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=1369

Killem
10-03-2006, 04:37 AM

We are hostile to the visiting team, not the fans. Many of us will seek you out to say hello. It is one of the things I like most about college football. Our crowd is very intimidating to visiting teams, mostly because our student section and Band is located behind the visitor's bench. Depending on whether Georgia is playing, the crowd is pretty big for I-AA.
Yes, definitely check out the Red Flag Gang. They can be found by a , you guessed it, red flag waving above their space. They are near the rear of the parking lot. These guys have a reputation all around the nation for their hospitality. I wish y'all a safe trip and look foward to meeting you.

dudly
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
SATURDAY NIGHT SMACK DOOOOOWN!!!!
GSU WILL CRUSH YOU,,,,,,,HAVE SOME DIGNITY AND TAKE THE BEATING LIKE A MAN....NO GO TEND TO YER JOB OF SHOVELIN BUFFALO CHIPS.......PEEEEEEEE---------UUUUUU!!!!!!!
YOUR TEAM SMELLS LIKE BISON DOOK

Hippie_Stick
10-04-2006, 04:34 PM
SATURDAY NIGHT SMACK DOOOOOWN!!!!
GSU WILL CRUSH YOU
YOUR TEAM SMELLS LIKE BISON DOOK

Kinda like your Gandma's coochie, man!

http://www.bobbiedolls.com/images/grandma.jpg

dudly
10-04-2006, 04:40 PM
u r a retarded one-legged rodeo clown ;D

Bisonguy
10-04-2006, 10:53 PM
This Forum does not allow smack. Please take it to the smack forum. Anything resembling smack in this forum will be deleted.

Killem
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
We will see ya all on saturday++++++++++++
Unfortunately, I will not be there. My older daughter is in the South Effingham High School Marching Band and they have a competition that day. This stinks because it is the first game in several years that I've missed and I was really looking foward to this one. But family comes first.

ealedavidson
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It is a hostile environment. But we have a good time. Come tailgate with us before and after the game. We tailgate on the front row of the parking lot. We drive a silver Durango with a Harley Davidson front liscence plate and a burgundy tahoe. There are also 2 tents with food and drinks. See Ya'll on Saturday. We will be in the parking lot at 10:00 A.M.

sambini
10-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the invite and welcome to the board. We fly out on Friday at noon.