PDA

View Full Version : GoBison.com

Bisonguy
10-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Looks like the website was updated, with the new, secondary logo, and some other updates.

Looks good to me. :)

No_Skill
10-03-2006, 02:49 AM
I don't like the new logo. *Maybe it will grow on me, but vastly prefer the main logo.

BTW, it looks like this "secondary" logo is becoming quite "primary".

kchats
10-03-2006, 03:53 AM
I think the color of green they used is too light. NDSU's green is forrest green. I have also noticed the new logo becoming more prominent.

Junior
10-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I always thought it was Hunter Green.

DORMIE
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
The color green is PMS 343 which is very dark.

Trainer
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
For you web dudes... this is green html color code #00573C. The gold/yellow is html color code #FDB926. Bison Insider will be switching to these colors this next offseason... lots of graphics/images to re-color code, so it will take some time. The home page & logo are already done (look pretty good), but still a long ways to go.

markerman
10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't like the pic in the upper right hand corner with the fans. I think it's cool to show spirit and it may be appropriate for other areas of the site, but I think it's a tad unprofessional to have that kind of pic on the top of your home page.

sambini
10-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Looks good +++++++++++

gwendel
10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
The new look is OK, I suppose. Might look a little cleaner and more modern.

But I absolutely HATE the rotating headlines. Just about the time I get the opening paragraph read and decide I want to click on the story, it moves!. I feel like I'm playing "Whack a Mole." Or I find myself clicking on a story without thinking because I want to get to it before it moves. Now I read 90% of the stories anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter, but I don't like to be rushed. I'd be OK with it if they slowed it down a bit. I've seen this rotating headline thing on other sports sites and don't mind it. This one just moves too fast.

bisonhp
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I think the new logo looks like the lion on the wizard of oz

Ivy
10-05-2006, 10:22 PM
But I absolutely HATE the rotating headlines. Just about the time I get the opening paragraph read and decide I want to click on the story, it moves!. I feel like I'm playing "Whack a Mole." Or I find myself clicking on a story without thinking because I want to get to it before it moves. Now I read 90% of the stories anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter, but I don't like to be rushed. I'd be OK with it if they slowed it down a bit. I've seen this rotating headline thing on other sports sites and don't mind it. This one just moves too fast.

You can pause the headlines if it bothers you that much.

gwendel
10-06-2006, 05:22 PM
You can pause the headlines if it bothers you that much.

It does bother me that much. Thanks for the tip, Ivy. I hadn't noticed the pause/start button before.
I think it must be a new add-on. Also the RSS feed. I bookmarked that one too, although I'm likely only to look at it when I'm really in a hurry.
I like browsing the bison.com web page, looking at the pics, etc. RSS is quick, but boring. Although I see the way NDSU set up the RSS feed, when you click on a <more> link, you are transported back to gobison.com anyway.