PDA

View Full Version : Next Opponent: Weber State

Pages : [1] 2

b15on
08-31-2014, 05:00 PM
The Bison travel to Ogden, Utah to take on Weber State at 7 p.m. CT on Altitude and NBC ND

ESPN: No. 19 Arizona State erupts in opening rout of Weber State (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400548255)

Wildcats fall to Arizona State, 45-14, still show hustle (http://www.standard.net/Sports/2014/08/28/Wildcats-get-blown-out-in-Tempe.html) (cute headline from hometown paper)

Weber State game-day grades reflect mixed efforts against Arizona State (http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31338029&nid=1153)

A1pigskin
08-31-2014, 05:06 PM
All I know about Weber is they are FCS. They graded average to below average against AS.

westnodak93bison
08-31-2014, 05:08 PM
What kind of schemes do they run?

BisonTeacher
08-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Our site says its on altitude, and Id have to add sports pack for that. Their site says its on that Big sky America One stream site. Can anyone confirm that???

1998braves64
08-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Believe you can stream almost all Big Sky games from the America one website. I've watched a Montana State and Montana game there.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisonTeacher
08-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Believe you can stream almost all Big Sky games from the America one website. I've watched a Montana State and Montana game there.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

This one is not listed on the schedule tho.

Wildkyle
08-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro. Hello Bison Fans I am a diehard Weber State fan. I can say that almost all home games in Big Sky Staduims are on Big Sky TV.

Bisonator98
08-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Does Weber have a fan forum?

Wildkyle
08-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Yes it is www.bigskyfans.com/wildcats.

tjbison
08-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Does Weber have a fan forum?
Not a very active board

Wildkyle
08-31-2014, 10:52 PM
It will be this week I think but who knows with Weber fans. We get more excited about our Basketball team. It drives me nuts that more fans don't care more about football.

A1pigskin
09-01-2014, 12:25 AM
I thought KVLY was picking up all away games except ISU.

Hammersmith
09-01-2014, 12:28 AM
I thought KVLY was picking up all away games except ISU.
They are. The people asking questions are from outside ND.

BlueBisonRock
09-01-2014, 01:21 AM
They are. The people asking questions are from outside ND.

Not that there is anything wrong with that ...

Or that said peeps also would love to watch the game.

BisonTeacher
09-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Hello Bison Fans I am a diehard Weber State fan. I can say that almost all home games in Big Sky Staduims are on Big Sky TV.

Thank you kyle and welcome. When will they update the schedule on that site to confirm?

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2014, 01:46 AM
I have this in a seperate thread, but I don't see Altitude with Midco. Can others confirm Midco does let allow watching this game? I am sick of non-ESPN3 web-feeds. I want something I can easily watch on my TV without a computer. (XBox rocks....)

Wildkyle
09-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Thank you kyle and welcome. When will they update the schedule on that site to confirm? Thanks they will be most likely will say one way or another in the conference week release tomorrow.

Wildkyle
09-01-2014, 02:14 AM
I just checked the league website and it is listed on the schedule that it will be on Big Sky TV. We will just have to see.

GOBISON123
09-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Weber State, Integrate World.... for these games...I almost think our coaching staff should rest our seniors ...Zach Vraa, Kevin Vaadland, Heagle, Dudzik, Joe Haeg, Schatz Crockett and field a team mostly with sophomores, freshman and juniors....let RJ, Chase, King, Carey Woods, Tyler Wrice ...mostly next years team ....get some much needed reps.

BisonTeacher
09-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Thanks they will be most likely will say one way or another in the conference week release tomorrow.Thank you again and keep us posted.

heffray
09-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Weber State, Integrate World.... for these games...I almost think our coaching staff should rest our seniors ...Zach Vraa, Kevin Vaadland, Heagle, Dudzik, Joe Haeg, Schatz Crockett and field a team mostly with sophomores, freshman and juniors....let RJ, Chase, King, Carey Woods, Tyler Wrice ...mostly next years team ....get some much needed reps.

I disagree for our offense. They still need a few reps to get completely gelled before the conference schedule starts.

Bison 4 Life
09-01-2014, 03:17 AM
My wife got offered tickets to the KU/SEMO game for her "support of the student athletes" as an appreciation measure.

I don't know how much appreciation that is but we might take the kids as a fun family outing. Same time as the Weber State game so I will likely tape it and try to stay off social media.

Bisonwinagn
09-01-2014, 05:09 AM

Ummm NO!!.....

CAS4127
09-01-2014, 05:21 AM

It's sheeple like your dumbass who have never played a significant down of sports that just fuck things up!! Just stop ... And shut the fuck up!! Please!! There is so much more to this than you apparently have zero idea how to understand. It is not nearly as easy as you percieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
09-01-2014, 05:26 AM
It's sheeple like your dumbass who have never played a significant down of sports that just fuck things up!! Just stop ... And shut the fuck up!! Please!! There is so much more to this than you apparently have zero idea how to understand. It is not nearly as easy as you percieve.

calm down big mustache i was just asking...

El_Chapo
09-01-2014, 05:35 AM
CAS are u in the same mind frame as 11:01 Saturday? Haha.

(Ps.. Defense had 6-7 starters still on field in a 34-14 win last week which I questioned. At weber st come out put up a 28-0 and halftime then starters can rest after first drive in second half. Deal?

CAS4127
09-01-2014, 05:47 AM
CAS are u in the same mind frame as 11:01 Saturday? Haha.

(Ps.. Defense had 6-7 starters still on field in a 34-14 win last week which I questioned. At weber st come out put up a 28-0 and halftime then starters can rest after first drive in second half. Deal?

I kinda agree. I can see this game as just get it done with no injuries at about. 35-10 or 28-3. Just get in and get out with know loser real injuries. And then play something called Incaranate Wood) (Which sounds sexual) and smoke Montana before real football starts (btw, I need passed to Fargo Country Club after MT/Bison game. She is coming in hot from Billings and likes to play golf!!

SamsRams
09-01-2014, 06:48 AM

Vraa has records to set and add on to.
Vaadeland didnt come back for 6th year to sit out
Heagle likes to hit people
Dudzik may happen as he is banged up
Haeg not gonna happen as oline needs to gel
Schaetz to thin at DL, cant just not travel him
Crockett is going for Payton award, he plays

Hardie probably out

But I do agree when NDSU gets up 21+ in 2nd half they need to play the younger guys more. I wish we could see difference between the two travel rosters. Stick travels to ISU, but I dont think he does to Weber

56BISON73
09-01-2014, 06:49 AM

Check his previous posts He has a history of this behavior.

MNLonghorn10
09-01-2014, 07:02 AM
I think Weber State starts out slow because they're against NDSU so the jitters are there. Then Damian Lillard comes out of no where and rushes for 7 touchdowns. They add a late field goal

Weber State 52

ndsu 10

Bison_Pride
09-01-2014, 08:11 AM
A look at the facilities there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v=mXt0htRgD4I

A1pigskin
09-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Vraa has records to set and add on to.
Vaadeland didnt come back for 6th year to sit out
Heagle likes to hit people
Dudzik may happen as he is banged up
Haeg not gonna happen as oline needs to gel
Schaetz to thin at DL, cant just not travel him
Crockett is going for Payton award, he plays

Hardie probably out

But I do agree when NDSU gets up 21+ in 2nd half they need to play the younger guys more. I wish we could see difference between the two travel rosters. Stick travels to ISU, but I dont think he does to Weber

All good reasons.

tjbison
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
34-7 NDSU

I just don't see it being close unless we have a huge letdown

HerdBoy
09-01-2014, 06:36 PM
All I know about Weber is they are FCS. They graded average to below average against AS.

A mid-level Big Sky team on the upswing.

Tatanka
09-01-2014, 06:38 PM
A mid-level Big Sky team on the upswing.

Loosely translated, a low-level MVFC program with a more suspect defense. They won't be the worst team we see this year, but NDSU should win this handily.

tjbison
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM

Kenny chesney playing in the weight room?!

GOBISON123
09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
34-7 NDSU

I just don't see it being close unless we have a huge letdown

I think this will be 41-6 Bison.

56BISON73
09-01-2014, 09:31 PM

What kind of rest do they need? They have played ONE game? The starters NEED to work under game conditions. Nothing prepares you like game reps.

CaBisonFan
09-01-2014, 09:35 PM
52-10 Bison

BisoninNWMN
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Bison curb stomp these guys: 45-6

They are a bad FCS team.

GOBISON123
09-01-2014, 11:14 PM
What kind of rest do they need? They have played ONE game? The starters NEED to work under game conditions. Nothing prepares you like game reps.

in the 4th quarter it looked like Dudzik and Heagle ran into each other and got dinged...anyway..... i am no expert... so i will shut up.

Wildkyle
09-01-2014, 11:23 PM
It does not look like it will be on Big Sky TV but it did list that the game will be on one of the North Dakota tv stations.

tjbison
09-01-2014, 11:44 PM
It does not look like it will be on Big Sky TV but it did list that the game will be on one of the North Dakota tv stations.

yes it's on our NBC network

loudsilverado
09-01-2014, 11:46 PM
I expect to win by at least 21.

El_Chapo
09-02-2014, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q5RdV6lutk

SoCalBison
09-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Bison, 42-10. I'm considering heading to Utah for the game. Anyone else going to be there?

TNbison
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Kenny chesney playing in the weight room?!

while 2pac's "shorty wanna be a thug" and "so many tears" play as the videos background music. Nicely done

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
I expect to win by at least 21.

...by halftime...:)

Hammerhead
09-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Bison, 42-10. I'm considering heading to Utah for the game. Anyone else going to be there?

The roll call thread got moved to the Our House section. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32717-Weber-State-Roll-Call

admin
09-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I know that I'm posting this as admin... but I was going through the box score play-by-play of Weber State vs Arizona State, and Weber State ended the first quarter with a 2nd and goal from the 2... and they came away with no points. Ouch.

They didn't turn the ball over. Young team, biggest improvement is from first to second week, etc... it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Bisonator98
09-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Get a big lead and put the younger guys in for 1-2 quarters. Especially the positions held by the seniors.

SoCalBison
09-02-2014, 01:43 AM
The roll call thread got moved to the Our House section. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32717-Weber-State-Roll-Call

Thanks. Was looking and didn't see it.

FFBison
09-02-2014, 01:54 AM
in the 4th quarter it looked like Dudzik and Heagle ran into each other and got dinged...anyway..... i am no expert... so i will shut up.

We poke fun at FBS teams that continually overlook us (although it doesn't seem like ISU did) so we can't do the same and overlook Weber State. Each guy lines up against another guy that might want it just as bad as you do and you have to be better than he is that day. Like Chris Berman says - "that's why they play the games".

But I like the chance to work some guys through when the opportunity presents itself to help build some team depth.

HandoEX
09-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Bison curb stomp these guys: 45-6

They are a bad FCS team.

We poke fun at FBS teams that continually overlook us (although it doesn't seem like ISU did) so we can't do the same and overlook Weber State. Each guy lines up against another guy that might want it just as bad as you do and you have to be better than he is that day. Like Chris Berman says - "that's why they play the games".

But I like the chance to work some guys through when the opportunity presents itself to help build some team depth.

Our 8th stringers would win this game by triple digits. That's Bison football.

NDSU1980
09-02-2014, 02:07 AM
We are playing a mediocre team from a weak conference. Second and third strings play a lot and we win 38-10. LOL Big Fluffy

gogriz37
09-02-2014, 02:32 AM
What kind of schemes do they run?

last season they ran the hurry up spread.. like to stretch the field with 4 and 5 receivers. inaccurate and undersized QB. you guys can expect a blow out W with subs in by half if not earlier

westnodak93bison
09-02-2014, 02:41 AM
last season they ran the hurry up spread.. like to stretch the field with 4 and 5 receivers. inaccurate and undersized QB. you guys can expect a blow out W with subs in by half if not earlier
I thought I read some where they were changing to a power run game type of offense like ndsu? That don't happen over night. How about their d?

GOBISON123
09-02-2014, 02:49 AM

I agree, last year we were almost leading by 3-4 touchdowns against Ferris BullDawgs or Delaware State and Craig Bohl kept our starters on the field until the 3rd Qtr. We were all wondering why not Carson Wentz , we were up by 3 or 4 TD anyway, because of this incident I thought we could use these games Weber State, Incarnate World to test our next year starters, ....only if we are up by a huge margin in the 2nd Half.

gogriz37
09-02-2014, 03:27 AM
I thought I read some where they were changing to a power run game type of offense like ndsu? That don't happen over night. How about their d?
when the griz played them last season Jordan Johnson got hurt early so we had to rely on our run game and had no issue dominating the line of scrimmage.. if I remember right canada and nguyen both had over 100. so overall front 7 is weak, secondary not much better

Strongman
09-02-2014, 03:40 AM
I agree, last year we were almost leading by 3-4 touchdowns against Ferris BullDawgs or Delaware State and Craig Bohl kept our starters on the field until the 3rd Qtr. We were all wondering why not Carson Wentz , we were up by 3 or 4 TD anyway, because of this incident I thought we could use these games Weber State, Incarnate World to test our next year starters, ....only if we are up by a huge margin in the 2nd Half.

We will win each game by 30 points. We could beat Incognito Word by 70 if we needed to. Seriously.

scottietohottie
09-02-2014, 03:44 AM
when the griz played them last season Jordan Johnson got hurt early so we had to rely on our run game and had no issue dominating the line of scrimmage.. if I remember right canada and nguyen both had over 100. so overall front 7 is weak, secondary not much better

This is probably the wrong thread but I ran into a guy who lives in Montana today. Now I realize that he might be a little biased because he is originally from nd and was wearing a Bison hat but he told me the griz suck. I said do you mean Montana state and he said no I mean that the university of Montana sucks compared to NDSU. I'm going to take his word on it.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-02-2014, 03:46 AM

Even if they lose...look at that view. That's what I get out of that video.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-02-2014, 03:48 AM
We have Wentz, the Ginger Jesus. I fully expect to have bread and wine by the end of the first quarter.

GOBISON123
09-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Even if they lose...look at that view. That's what I get out of that video.

Dont let the view fool ya, the landscape is surrounded by mountains but during winter there is dense fog and people usually dont see sunlight for weeks.

Utah's air quality index and the other on her 9-year-old daughter's chronic asthma these days. The air pollution is so awful in her Salt Lake City suburb that Francis keeps her daughter indoors on many days t

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/01/23/utah-fog-pollution/1859641/

GOBISON123
09-02-2014, 03:58 AM
We will win each game by 30 points. We could beat Incognito Word by 70 if we needed to. Seriously.

Word...:nod:

BisonCardinal
09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Hello Bison Fans I am a diehard Weber State fan. I can say that almost all home games in Big Sky Staduims are on Big Sky TV.

Welcome to Bisonville kyle. I realize you are more known for your basketball, but can you tell us something about Weber State football?

Type of offense, defense?
Biggest win?
Stadium capacity?
Attendance?
Bio on coach?
Players in NFL.?

Tatanka
09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
For all the un_ trolls lurking about, something to consider as to your butthurt about NDSU playing Weber State on the road: Weber State scheduled a home/home with NDSU when NDSU needed games in their transition to Division I. A relationship was built. Also, NDSU has a decently sized alumni following in SLC, and this is a nice way to keep them connected to the program. Carry on.

Wildkyle
09-02-2014, 03:37 PM
We really don't have much of good history of football. We made the playoffs a couple a few years ago but that was it. I don't know a whole lot about this years team but after the last few years it is got to be better.

tjbison
09-02-2014, 03:52 PM
http://youtu.be/RxCWH7WlYjg

interesting..."pump up" video

ndsubison1
09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
There's no reason to start Wentz in this game.

Tatanka
09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
http://youtu.be/RxCWH7WlYjg

Not too shabby IMHO.

oldmantutters
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
I hope one thing that coach K does differently than Bohl, is getting starters out earlier when games have been decided. I know its important to get reps but i don't want Wentz going down because some butthurt opponent wants to be a super hero while his team is down by 20 with 4 minutes left in the 4th. It hasn't caught up with us yet but injuries are the only thing keeping this team from making a very deep run in the playoffs.

westnodak93bison
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
I say get up big, bring in #2 and let him run the full offense.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2014, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxCWH7WlYjg&list=UUgY8F2htwzf0Qcu450vLHFg

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cf-dafuq.gif

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Weber State game notes: http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=209631562

Wildkyle
09-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Welcome to Bisonville kyle. I realize you are more known for your basketball, but can you tell us something about Weber State football?

Biggest win?
Stadium capacity?
Attendance?
Bio on coach?
Players in NFL.?

I am not sure what offense and defense we run. I think the biggest win would most likely would be in 2008 when we beat Montana and won a share of the conference title.
I think our stadium seats 15'000
I attendance is low usually but that is because we have been bad for the last couple of years.
I don't know a lot about the coach he is now.
I think we had one player in the NFL lately.
I wish I could tell you more.

CAS4127
09-02-2014, 07:53 PM
I am not sure what offense and defense we run. I think the biggest win would most likely would be in 2008 when we beat Montana and won a share of the conference title.
I think our stadium seats 15'000
I attendance is low usually but that is because we have been bad for the last couple of years.
I don't know a lot about the coach he is now.
I think we had one player in the NFL lately.
I wish I could tell you more.

I believe you have a new HC and staff this year, no?! Also, did you play last weekend and, if so, who, and what was the score and stats?!

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Biggest win?
Stadium capacity?
Attendance?
Bio on coach?
Players in NFL.?

HC Jay Hill is a first time head coach. He comes over from Utah, were he played and coached for 10+ years. He had some great mentors while at Utah, including Ron McBride, Urban Meyer, Gary Anderson, and Kyle Whittingham. Much of what he will do at Weber he learned from these coaches. Both his offensive and defensive coordinators where brought over from Southern Utah, where they served in the same positions.

The offense is more run oriented, often using double tight ends. Don't expect any up tempo spread offense. The offensive line is pretty solid, having returned 3 starters. The starting QB is a BYU transfer who was highly recruited out of HS. RB Zach Smith had a big game versus ASU, running for over 100 yards. Sr WR Shaydon Kehano is Green's top target. He's a former all conference player who has struggled with injuries the past two seasons.

They run a typical 4-3 defense. The secondary is the strength of the defense, lead by all conference CB, and Boise St transfer, Deon'tae Florence. Florence was Weber's only all conference player last season. The D line is pretty solid, but the LBs are young and probably the biggest question mark of the team.

Weber has a strong basketball tradition (lots of conference titles, NCAA tournament appearances, two NCAA tournament upsets of Mich St and N Carolina in the 90s, and of course Damian Lillard), but not a very good football tradition. That lack of tradition, as well as competition from 3 nearby FBS schools, has meant relatively small attendance. Averaged 5756 last season. Stewart Stadium can hold like 17,000.

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I believe you have a new HC and staff this year, no?! Also, did you play last weekend and, if so, who, and what was the score and stats?!

Jay Hill is new coach, and only one holdover from previous staff (see my above post for more on Hill). Played 19th ranked Arizona St last week and lost 14-45 (did better than most thought we would do).

marenlee
09-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Sorry guys... Had to post this again. :hide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxhI4I5kq8

bisonmike2
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but if we don't live in ND, are we are shit out of luck to watch this game? I don't see a video link on gobison.

tjbison
09-02-2014, 08:02 PM

oh my god, wtf is that!:rofl::rofl:

I hope that's a joke

edit: just found the others...rice a roni lesson is the best, he microwaved the knife...too

my god I can't stop laughing

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but if we don't live in ND, are we are shit out of luck to watch this game? I don't see a video link on gobison.

It appears that due to the game being on Altitude, it won't be shown online.

marenlee
09-02-2014, 08:07 PM
One of the perks of having satellite service. Channel 681 for all my Directv homies out there! Awesome feature with Directv it automatically records any North Dakota State basketball/football game for me.

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Altitude TV is channel 413 on Dish, and channel 681 on DirecTV.

http://www.altitude.tv/

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Biggest win?
Stadium capacity?
Attendance?
Bio on coach?
Players in NFL.?

Some of the schemes have already been answered for you in previous posts, but I think I can answer some of the other ones for you.

For biggest win, I would say we have two, both in 2008. We beat #2 Ranked Montana 45-28 in Ogden, and then won @ #5 Cal Poly in the first round of the playoffs. Cal Poly the week previous came a missed field goal away from beating Wisconsin.

Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium, Stewart Stadium for short, is a 17,312 Dual sided Football Stadium. Record crowd is 17,596 in Ron McBrides first Home game as the Wildcat's head coach in a 61-0 Romp of Western State in 2005. Temp bleachers where needed to accomodate the fans. Strangely enough this is also the same year that was last time Weber and NDSU met, in a 41-0 NDSU romp of Weber in the Fargo Dome

Attendance= Not enough, the school has no real football tradition being a Basketball school, largest crowd last season was around 6,600 vs Sacramento State. Have had crowds recently of at least 10 to 13K

Info on the new head coach

Jay Hill was named the 11th head coach in Weber State football history in December 2013.

Hill, a longtime assistant coach at the University of Utah, comes to WSU with a reputation as one of the top recruiters in the West and has spent time working for three different head coaches at Utah.

Hill, 38, has spent the last 13 years at Utah, including the last nine seasons as a full-time assistant coach under Kyle Whittingham. Prior to that, he spent four years as a graduate assistant and administrative assistant with the Utes under legendary coaches Ron McBride and Urban Meyer.

The Lehi, Utah native played college football at Ricks Junior College, where he earned junior college All-American honors at cornerback. He went on to play two seasons (1998-99) at Utah under Ron McBride. As a senior he led the Mountain West in interceptions, was named Utah’s Defensive MVP and earned second team All-Conference honors. He later played briefly in the XFL and signed free agent contracts with the Buffalo Bills and New York Giants.

After his playing career he spent three seasons as a graduate assistant coach and one year as an administrative assistant, working for McBride and Meyer.

In 2005 he became a full-time assistant coach under Whittingham. All nine seasons he spent at Utah he worked as the special teams coordinator. He also coached on offense and defense, coaching the cornerbacks (2005-06; 2010-11), running backs (2012) and tight ends (2007-09; 2013).

Utah’s special teams excelled under Hill. In 2006 the Utes led the nation in net punting. They led the Mountain West in kickoff coverage four straight seasons and led the Pac-12 in the category in 2011, Utah’s first year in the conference. In 2012 Utah was sixth in the nation in kick return average and this past season the Utes again led the Pac-12 in net punting and finished 10th in the nation. In 2008 Hill was a finalist for the FootballScoop Special Teams Coordinator of the Year.

In his career at Utah, Hill served as the position coach for five All-Americans: defensive back Eric Weddle in 2006, punter Louie Sakoda in 2007, Sakoda as a place kicker in 2008, punt returner Shaky Smithson in 2010 and kick returner Reggie Dunn in 2012. Weddle was drafted in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and is a Pro Bowl safety. Sakoda, the only unanimous consensus All-American in Utah football history, was a Lou Groza and Ray Guy finalist in 2008. Smithson led the nation in punt returns yards and average in 2010. Hill also mentored NFL draft picks Sean Smith, Brice McCain, R.J. Stanford and Brandon Burton.

During his tenure with the Utes, Hill became acclaimed as a top recruiter. Rivals.com named him to its “Class of 2009 Top 25 Recruiters” and named him one of the Top 10 Recruiters in the Pac-12 in 2012.

Hill earned a bachelor’s degree in Spanish in 2000 from Utah and earned his master’s degree in ESS/Sports Psychology in 2005.

He and his wife Sara have four children: Ashtyn, Alayna, Allie and Jacob.

As for players in the NFL Weber currently has two that I know of, Paul and Pat McQuiston, Paul is a offensive tackle for the Falcons and Pat is the same position for the Browns

bisonmike2
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Many thanks.

I'mWithNOSIB
09-02-2014, 08:45 PM

I hope that's a joke

edit: just found the others...rice a roni lesson is the best, he microwaved the knife...too

Ok. This was AWESOME! So my question is, how does that microwave look after NUKING chili for 4.5 minutes uncovered.

However, I do like that swagger he's got.

dgoergs
09-02-2014, 09:26 PM

I hope that's a joke

People at work are telling me to shut up (from all my laughter)... that is, until I show them what I'm watching!!!!

VirginiaBison
09-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Wildcat - Thank you for the response! That was excellent. I spent about an hour today looking around the Weber State forum, etc, and didn't think anyone was home at Weber State. You are a gem.

It appears the Wildcat forum participants believes this one will go in the loss column, but I am surprised by the score predictions. Most believe Weber will score over 17 points. That is very optimistic, but I like the optimism. I don't think the Bizon have given up 17 points to anyone in a while.

Please ignore anyone who belittles the competition provided by Weber State. Coach K is not in that mode. He is looking for a fight in his 2nd game.

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Apparently, tickets to the Weber State/North Dakota State game are now Free

coloradobison
09-02-2014, 09:57 PM

ummm.....????????????

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Wildcat - Thank you for the response! That was excellent. I spent about an hour today looking around the Weber State forum, etc, and didn't think anyone was home at Weber State. You are a gem.

It appears the Wildcat forum participants believes this one will go in the loss column, but I am surprised by the score predictions. Most believe Weber will score over 17 points. That is very optimistic, but I like the optimism. I don't think the Bizon have given up 17 points to anyone in a while.

Please ignore anyone who belittles the competition provided by Weber State. Coach K is not in that mode. He is looking for a fight in his 2nd game.

No problem on the info, glad I could help.

As for us Webercat fans expectations for the game, yeah we are all expecting a loss on Saturday, for most of us a sign of improvement from the last two dismal seasons (even for Weber State they were bad) would make us feel better, also We believe this Wildcat team can put points up afterall we came close to scoring 28 on Arizona State, we got stopped in the first qtr on 4th and goal on the ASU 1, and in the second qtr I heard we had a touchdown on another 4th down called back for a penalty, and then we had to kick a field goal that we missed, I could be wrong but that is what the updates on my phone were telling me.

I cant say I blame anyone for looking down on this squad, especially with how bad we have been, but there is a new attitude floating around this Weber State squad, I do think this team is on the upswing, it may take a few years but I think this Weber State team can get back to the playoffs. I also hope that Weber continues to schedule games vs the Bison. It's a great opportunity for us to see how well we measure up to the best program in the FCS.

Here is hoping for a fun injury less game on Saturday and hoping to see many Bison fans make the trip, Ogden is very nice this time of the year.

GO WILDCATS

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 10:09 PM
ummm.....????????????

Weber State posted on facebook today

"The Wildcats are back! The WSU football program home opener is this Saturday at 6 p.m. Tickets are FREE! Let's pack the house and help black out the Bison"

HoopsBison
09-02-2014, 10:17 PM
ummm.....????????????

Guessing a local sponsor purchased them to give away...at least id hope.

Weber Fan
09-02-2014, 10:33 PM
The free tickets thing is a bit misleading. Vouchers good for a free ticket are being distributed throughout the community. But don't expect to walk into the game without a ticket or to get a free ticket at the ticket window without a voucher. And the voucher's are for GA tickets only. That's the east side, so that side should be quite packed. If you're sitting on that side better get there early to get a good seat. And yes, the voucher says it's being sponsored by Coca-Cola.

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Lol...free tickets to try and get people to come to the game. Their fan forum is low volume. Some think they can pull off an upset. This game will not be close. Take care of business and get home.

mtoutfitter
09-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Lol...free tickets to try and get people to come to the game. Their fan forum is low volume. Some think they can pull off an upset. This game will not be close. Take care of business and get home.

Is Lakes over on their forum yet?

SDbison
09-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Is Lakes over on their forum yet? Do they have a Forum?

VirginiaBison
09-02-2014, 11:24 PM
He was regulated to the smack thread ... focus was on beer availability

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 11:25 PM
The free tickets thing is a bit misleading. Vouchers good for a free ticket are being distributed throughout the community. But don't expect to walk into the game without a ticket or to get a free ticket at the ticket window without a voucher. And the voucher's are for GA tickets only. That's the east side, so that side should be quite packed. If you're sitting on that side better get there early to get a good seat. And yes, the voucher says it's being sponsored by Coca-Cola.

Well, I just did, I just went and got my tickets, showed them the Facebook post and I got my tickets for free.

WILDCAT
09-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Some Wildcat posters think we can be competitive, but hardly any think we can pull the upset, we are a program on the rise but it will be an extremely tough task for the Wildcats to hang with the Bison this weekend, sorry our fan forum isn't up to your standards, but for us it works just fine.

And if Coca Cola is sponsoring the game by buying the tickets for the game who cares as long as there are butts in the Stadium

tjbison
09-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Some Wildcat posters think we can be competitive, but hardly any think we can pull the upset, we are a program on the rise but it will be an extremely tough task for the Wildcats to hang with the Bison this weekend, sorry our fan forum isn't up to your standards, but for us it works just fine.

And if Coca Cola is sponsoring the game by buying the tickets for the game who cares as long as there are butts in the Stadium

hey, it's all about getting people to a game, you never know if it turns out to be a great game win or lose for you guys, those free tickets could turn into revenue for the next

any things possible, yes I'm calling for us to win fairly handily but We of all fans know Any Given Saturday

I might add it's refreshing having good posters here from other schools, normally it's a smack session, so thank you for that

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Well if that is what it takes to bring people out then so be it.

After watching the Weber/ASU game.....ASU would have a hard time beating the Bison. IMO...the Bison would win.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Well if that is what it takes to bring people out then so be it.

After watching the Weber/ASU game.....ASU would have a hard time beating the Bison. IMO...the Bison would win.

Well again. No one thinks Weber will win

We aren't NDSU or Montana we don't have the storied tradition, the big loyal fan bases so if this is how we get a sellout vs the 3 time champ I am fine with that

NDSUstudent
09-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Buffalo Wild Wings did give a bunch of tickets away for free for a basketball game here a while back, so I can't really rip them too much. Hope they can get a good crowd there.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 01:16 AM
hey, it's all about getting people to a game, you never know if it turns out to be a great game win or lose for you guys, those free tickets could turn into revenue for the next

any things possible, yes I'm calling for us to win fairly handily but We of all fans know Any Given Saturday

I might add it's refreshing having good posters here from other schools, normally it's a smack session, so thank you for that

I like talking football with other fan bases, I'm not much of smack talker, unless we are talking about Idaho State or Southern Utah then it's different:)

VirginiaBison
09-03-2014, 01:17 AM
.... we don't have the storied tradition, ....

It's gotta start some place. Our's did in 1963 with Coach Mudra ... NDAC/NDSU was the door mat of the conference for 20 years before that hire. With a good showing on Saturday and Weber may start that new tradition ...

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 01:21 AM

this is a god damn waste of time.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 01:34 AM
this is a god damn waste of time.

Then call your athletic director and or head coach and tell them to stop scheduling games against other FCS teams that are willing and want to play home and homes with your school

tjbison
09-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Then call your athletic director and or head coach and tell them to stop scheduling games against other FCS teams that are willing and want to play home and homes with your school

so I have a question, doesnt giving the completely free tickets away kind of say a big Fuc* you to donors and season ticket holders, or at least loyal fans that pay?

I can understand a few, but if its a complete free for all that kinda sucks for the loyal fans, unless it is capped to just a section?

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 01:43 AM

Nothing wrong with hoping out loud. As far as getting fans to games, gimmicks only go so far. Get the right coaching staff in, put together a couple back to back winning seasons and you will start filling seats. If you don't start winning it is still possible to fill seats but you would have to go to the iowa state or Detroit Lions websites to find out how they do it

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 01:50 AM
so I have a question, doesnt giving the completely free tickets away kind of say a big Fuc* you to donors and season ticket holders, or at least loyal fans that pay?

I can understand a few, but if its a complete free for all that kinda sucks for the loyal fans, unless it is capped to just a section?

As far as I know it's just for the general admission area

BisonFan02
09-03-2014, 02:06 AM

Repost it again in the cooking thread for DjKyRo...he could use the recipe.

tjbison
09-03-2014, 02:17 AM
Repost it again in the cooking thread for DjKyRo...he could use the recipe.

Damn it now I watched it again and can't stop laughing. ....

marenlee
09-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Might as well...
I'm really not trying to smack. This is related to Weber State and they're HILARIOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLn5SCRYWGw

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Might as well...
I'm really not trying to smack. This is related to Weber State and they're HILARIOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLn5SCRYWGw

:facepalm2:

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 02:41 AM

http://replygif.net/i/1454.gif

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 02:46 AM
http://replygif.net/i/1454.gif

What's stopping you? I'm sure your coach and AD would love to hear the input of a little whiner like yourself

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 02:59 AM
What's stopping you? I'm sure your coach and AD would love to hear the input of a little whiner like yourself

Oh. good call out. Im sure you run every single one of your opinions by your AD & coach whenever you come up with something.

that's if your AD and coach even know whats going on.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Oh. good call out. Im sure you run every single one of your opinions by your AD & coach whenever you come up with something.

Wait wait wait. You bash my reply and that's the best you can come up with? Weak

By the way I don't tell my head coaches and athletic directors how to do their jobs. Seems they know what their doing

HazenBizon
09-03-2014, 03:16 AM

Man, you sound just like the condescending ISU fans that posted here before last weekend. Not every school in the FCS has the level of fan support of NDSU, and that's just the way it is. I, like most fans, expect a win this weekend, but there's no need to be a dick about it. Also, any given Saturday.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Wait wait wait. You bash my reply and that's the best you can come up with? Weak

By the way I don't tell my head coaches and athletic directors how to do their jobs. Seems they know what their doing

Do you really think NDSU's AD and coach give a shit with what some rubes idea of what this game is?

The fact is that you guys are giving away tickets to probably the most high profiled team in your shitty history.

Like I said..this is a god damn waste of time.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Man, you sound just like the condescending ISU fans that posted here before last weekend. Not every school in the FCS has the level of fan support of NDSU, and that's just the way it is. I, like most fans, expect a win this weekend, but there's no need to be a dick about it. Also, any given Saturday.

you expect a win? Whys that?

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Do you really think NDSU's AD and coach give a shit with what some rubes idea of what this game is?

The fact is that you guys are giving away tickets to probably the most high profiled team in your shitty history.

Well technically Weber isn't giving tickets away, Coke is. Coca Cola bought the tickets and are giving them away. It's called being a sponsor

And yes this North Dakota State team probably is the best team that has ever played in Stewart Stadium and we Weber State fans are excited to see how our team measures up to the Champs

BlueBisonRock
09-03-2014, 04:02 AM
you expect a win? Whys that?

Come on Longhorn. Go find a UNI or NoD poster to troll.

And quit wasting our collective time.

NDSUSR
09-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Come on Longhorn. Go find a UNI or NoD poster to troll.

And quit wasting our collective time.

Agreed. The guy was civil and courteous. Quit being such a ass to him.

56BISON73
09-03-2014, 04:13 AM

Wow dude. :eeek::eek:

CAS4127
09-03-2014, 04:15 AM

Just quit being a fucking prick all the time please! He had come here with good will and you do this bullshit?! Just fucking stop already--stupid!!

Bisonguy
09-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Chea, I seem to remember $5 tickets to the Valpo game before everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

BisoninNWMN
09-03-2014, 11:26 AM

Not being a dick. Take care of business and prepare for the next game. Pretty simple.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Agreed. The guy was civil and courteous. Quit being such a ass to him.

Sorry sorry..Just don't put out a bounty for my head

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

B. b. bison
09-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Didn't Stop-N-Go pretty much give away tickets for quite awhile?

HerdBoy
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Bison Video Blog with highlights from last time NDSU played Weber State.

http://bcove.me/4alixnnr

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry sorry..Just don't put out a bounty for my head

Wow, you really don't like it when an opponent fanbase doesn't have any bad guys. Relax, Montana and UNI are stil out there

EC8CH
09-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Jeez... WILDCAT came on this board offering information and acting respectful. I think some people here need to check their attitude.

Thank you WILDCAT and I apologize for how some here act. I hope it's a fun game without any injuries... but I'm also hoping The Bison roll.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
So no trash talk this week because the opponent is pud?

It'll be a looooooong 4 days

tjbison
09-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm guessing Weber will be a better opponent than say oh.....incarnate word

CAS4127
09-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Well, if we use "pud" as the standard for when smack/trash talk can/should be used, don't be offended when it happens in a thread about some unfortunate event that happens in your or has something to do with you or your life.

StL Bison Fan
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
As far as I know it's just for the general admission area

So, Wildcat, how is your tailgate? Many of us are planning on being there.
Many of us have bought GA so we can be behind the team.
Looking forward to the trip, haven't been that way in a while

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Longer than 4 days because you won't get any from IW fans either...if you can find any. I couldn't even find a forum for those guys

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 02:06 PM
So, Wildcat, how is your tailgate? Many of us are planning on being there.
Many of us have bought GA so we can be behind the team.
Looking forward to the trip, haven't been that way in a while

Tailgating isnt the biggest scene at Weber (suprise), but there are still a lot of great Wildcat fans that invite other fans to join them in a pregame hotdog or beer, me personnaly I have tailgated with some Montana and Montana State fans before, great bunch of guys, Visiting fans are treated very well at Stewart Stadium, Wildcat fans in general are very good people, you'll get your dinks here and there but every fanbase has them.

For those traveling to the game I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip, they are calling for great weather on Saturday with kick off weather in the low 80's/high 70's. Toward the end of the game though the temp could get towards the mid to high 50's so it could get a little chilly. I hear that the tickets are going pretty quickly so there should be a great crowd on hand especially with all the Bison faithful attending.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Well, if we use "pud" as the standard for when smack/trash talk can/should be used, don't be offended when it happens in a thread about some unfortunate event that happens in your or has something to do with you or your life.

There's a difference between attacking a program, which I did, and personally attacking someone, which I didn't do.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Longer than 4 days because you won't get any from IW fans either...if you can find any. I couldn't even find a forum for those guys

Yaaaayy.

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Tailgating isnt the biggest scene at Weber (suprise), but there are still a lot of great Wildcat fans that invite other fans to join them in a pregame hotdog or beer, me personnaly I have tailgated with some Montana and Montana State fans before, great bunch of guys, Visiting fans are treated very well at Stewart Stadium, Wildcat fans in general are very good people, you'll get your dinks here and there but every fanbase has them.

For those traveling to the game I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip, they are calling for great weather on Saturday with kick off weather in the low 80's/high 70's. Toward the end of the game though the temp could get towards the mid to high 50's so it could get a little chilly. I hear that the tickets are going pretty quickly so there should be a great crowd on hand especially with all the Bison faithful attending.

What are your team strengths/weaknesses and changes from last year?

BisManBison
09-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Well again. No one thinks Weber will win

We aren't NDSU or Montana we don't have the storied tradition, the big loyal fan bases so if this is how we get a sellout vs the 3 time champ I am fine with that

I was highly offended by this post when I read "storied" as "steroid" :hide:

tony
09-03-2014, 04:12 PM
The BisonMedia blog's preview:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90792

Gotta love the highlights from the way-back-when Weber State game featuring Kyle Steffes, Travis White, Steve Walker... NDSU had some players back then too.

Pretty place to play football.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
What are your team strengths/weaknesses and changes from last year?

We were atrocious on defense last year, we allowed an average of 41 points per game, but I dont think it was because of lack of talent, we had Jody Sears as our head coach last year and his defensive schemes were horrible, we were and kinda still are very young as well and I think the lack of experience hurt, it also didnt help that our offense was completely inept last season resulting in our defense being on the field the majority of the time. We were just an overall bad program last season, but at least we were able to win a few games last years.

When Jay Hill came in last season, he cleaned house quite a bit, he was able to get a lot of Utah kids on the roster this year, we have at least 8 transfers from BYU, Utah and Utah State combined. Our new QB Billy Green is a soph transfer out of BYU who was also being recruited by Notre Dame, he had a decent game against Arizona State 14 of 29 for 156 yards and a touchdown, no turnovers. Our running back soph Zach Smith ran 128 yards on 16 carries, averaged 8.0 YPC and had a 60 yard rushing touchdown. Our go to receiver is Shaydon Keyhano, the kid is pretty quick and has great hands, doesnt drop many passes

I think our defense will be better this year, we did fairly well against ASU despite being completely outmatched, they need to work on tackling, but over all I dont think our points given up average will be 41 points again this year. Offensively, our offensive line might be one of our greatest strenghts, we are young, but big and athletic. We will most likely be running a power run offense which is kinda rare in the Big Sky, most Big Sky teams like to run the speedy spread offenses, but you need the right personell for the spread and Weber just didnt have it last year.

I think it may take a few years to get us back to being a playoff caliber team (hopefully) but with our conference schedule I do think we can make noise, I predicted earlier that Weber would win around 4 or 5 games and I still think we can do that with our schedule this year, especially when our hardest conf game is @ Montana State.

NDSUSR
09-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Toward the end of the game though the temp could get towards the mid to high 50's so it could get a little chilly.

Heh, 50? Thats not chilly. This is chilly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
We were atrocious on defense last year, we allowed an average of 41 points per game, but I dont think it was because of lack of talent, we had Jody Sears as our head coach last year and his defensive schemes were horrible, we were and kinda still are very young as well and I think the lack of experience hurt, it also didnt help that our offense was completely inept last season resulting in our defense being on the field the majority of the time. We were just an overall bad program last season, but at least we were able to win a few games last years.

When Jay Hill came in last season, he cleaned house quite a bit, he was able to get a lot of Utah kids on the roster this year, we have at least 8 transfers from BYU, Utah and Utah State combined. Our new QB Billy Green is a soph transfer out of BYU who was also being recruited by Notre Dame, he had a decent game against Arizona State 14 of 29 for 156 yards and a touchdown, no turnovers. Our running back soph Zach Smith ran 128 yards on 16 carries, averaged 8.0 YPC and had a 60 yard rushing touchdown. Our go to receiver is Shaydon Keyhano, the kid is pretty quick and has great hands, doesnt drop many passes

I think our defense will be better this year, we did fairly well against ASU despite being completely outmatched, they need to work on tackling, but over all I dont think our points given up average will be 41 points again this year. Offensively, our offensive line might be one of our greatest strenghts, we are young, but big and athletic. We will most likely be running a power run offense which is kinda rare in the Big Sky, most Big Sky teams like to run the speedy spread offenses, but you need the right personell for the spread and Weber just didnt have it last year.

I think it may take a few years to get us back to being a playoff caliber team (hopefully) but with our conference schedule I do think we can make noise, I predicted earlier that Weber would win around 4 or 5 games and I still think we can do that with our schedule this year, especially when our hardest conf game is @ Montana State.

We are pretty partial to power run offenses around here. You ran well against ASU. If you can put together a decent defense and keep running like that you will do well in the Big Sky

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

Yeah I didnt really think about that one did I? :facepalm:

BisonFan02
09-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah I didnt really think about that one did I? :facepalm:

No worries...its between 60-70 for all of our home games now. :)

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39328&SPID=3468&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209631562&DB_OEM_ID=8600
• The Bison are coming off a 34-14 win at North Dakota State, their fifth straight win against an FBS team.

is this a sign they know something we dont??? where's chapo!?

Bison Dan
09-03-2014, 05:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2EMy brother and I were at that game. It was cold and windy. Another Bison win!

Weber Fan
09-03-2014, 05:39 PM

No wonder you guys built ya a dome. As you can see, we know a little about playing in blizzards as well. Seems like every year we have a game or two with heavy rain or snow. Thankfully the low during Saturday's game probably won't get below 60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m52G0jaJfzU

ndsubison1
09-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Except NDSU is better than ISU. Weber is not better than NDSU. Game will highly likely be a blowout. Something like 42-7.

BlueKeyAlum
09-03-2014, 06:41 PM

Jody Sears was an assistant at EWU so no wonder the Weber defense was so suspect.

tony
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I've been trying to watch the Weber State v Arizona State game. In the highlights, it looks like Weber has some guys in the secondary who can cover a lot of ground and bring the wood too.

Also, I could use a ruling from a Weber State fan: Is it OK to call Weber State just plain Weber?

And, btw, gentlemen, I've stopped putting bounties on peoples' heads. It just wasn't that intimidating.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/595309824/hCE666818/

So no more mister nice elf... Gonna put Brawny on your <insert body part upon which you'd least like a lumberjack placed>

Weber Fan
09-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Perfectly fine just calling it Weber. That's what I usually refer to it as.

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Perfectly fine just calling it Weber. That's what I usually refer to it as.

Yeah, just Weber is fine, like Weber Fan said, we all refer to Weber as just Weber most of the time anyway.

ZHerd
09-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah, just Weber is fine, like Weber Fan said, we all refer to Weber as just Weber most of the time anyway.

So out of curiosity, what is the elevation there at just Weber?

WILDCAT
09-03-2014, 09:33 PM
So out of curiosity, what is the elevation there at just Weber?

Just Weber is at about 4,500

westnodak93bison
09-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Is Weber pronounced Weeber or Webber?

Gully
09-03-2014, 09:51 PM

weeber, unless you're a dumbass like RTO

CAS4127
09-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Yes!!

Effin looser!!

westnodak93bison
09-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Yes!!

Effin looser!!

OK. Tell me how you really feel

CAS4127
09-03-2014, 09:54 PM
OK. Tell me how you really feel

I was kidding.

Weeber v. Webber

Looser v. Loser!!

Two words: no purple font from IPhone.

westnodak93bison
09-03-2014, 09:56 PM
I've heard it both ways. Could be a regional dialect thing like Bison vs Bizin or Bizun. Honestly don't know.

CAS4127
09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I've heard it both ways. Could be a regional dialect thing like Bison vs Bizin or Bizun. Honestly don't know.

Me either--Looser!! :)

I've heard it both ways two!! (Misspell intended)

Dakid3kc
09-03-2014, 10:40 PM
So does anyone know yet for those of us going if we are code green or gold rush yet????

Weber Fan
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Article from Ogden's local paper:

http://www.standard.net/Sports/2014/09/03/Weber-prepares-for-1-North-Dakota-State.html

StL Bison Fan
09-03-2014, 11:23 PM
So does anyone know yet for those of us going if we are code green or gold rush yet????

The alumni page that had tailgate info said yellow. It's a Weeeeber blackout.

Weber Fan
09-03-2014, 11:26 PM
The alumni page that had tailgate info said yellow. It's a Weeeeber blackout.

Should be a lot of this in the stands then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

pucknut9
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM

Of course there is. He needs reps. How many games did Wentz start behind Jensen? I thought so. Build up a lead and let him sit the second half.

tjbison
09-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Article from Ogden's local paper:

http://www.standard.net/Sports/2014/09/03/Weber-prepares-for-1-North-Dakota-State.html

good article, thanks......I'm really contemplating buying plane tickets and coming out......damn what should I do

Rockbear99
09-03-2014, 11:48 PM

It is quoted elsewhere so it is known what I said. Should not have said it. I am sorry if I upset too many people with that comment. I will try to police my self better.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Kind of like when Longhorn gets preggo when Lakes/Chappo forgets to wrap his "pud". Not that there is anything wrong with that.

how do you even come up with this shit? that was fucking horrible, Ross.

56BISON73
09-03-2014, 11:57 PM
how do you even come up with this shit? that was fucking horrible, Ross.

Sometimes truth isnt supposed to be funny.

KC Bison
09-04-2014, 01:40 AM
The coaches' toe to toe reference must be a Big Sky thing. It wasn't clear if the toe to toe starts for this game or for the all the games that follow.

Tatanka
09-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Could sure do without the personal attacks. Disagree, fine.
Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

tjbison
09-04-2014, 02:10 AM
Could sure do without the personal attacks. Disagree, fine.

+10.....makes us look petty

Rockbear99
09-04-2014, 04:19 AM
It is quoted elsewhere so it is known what I said. Should not have said it. I am sorry if I upset too many people with that comment. I will try to police my self better.

ndsubison1
09-04-2014, 04:58 AM
Of course there is. He needs reps. How many games did Wentz start behind Jensen? I thought so. Build up a lead and let him sit the second half.

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/217/Bobber.gif

HotShot
09-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Just quit being a fucking prick all the time please! He had come here with good will and you do this bullshit?! Just fucking stop already--stupid!!

All the shorthorn is is a lakes wanna be. Loser.

HotShot
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
There's a difference between attacking a program, which I did, and personally attacking someone, which I didn't do.

You are how old?

MNLonghorn10
09-04-2014, 12:51 PM
All the shorthorn is is a lakes wanna be. Loser.

Didn't we just get done talking about personal attacks..then you go on and do it??

Lmfao

El_Chapo
09-04-2014, 12:59 PM
About 5-6 really really hate us longhorn. You'd think everyone on here would know that by now & it's just a given. Sigh.

Weber State after a Big 12 game is like going from Madison Square Garden to Frost Arena. Just win big & get out quick.

MNLonghorn10
09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
About 5-6 really really hate us longhorn. You'd think everyone on here would know that by now & it's just a given. Sigh.

Weber State after a Big 12 game is like going from Madison Square Garden to Frost Arena. Just win big & get out quick.

Haha. Perfect analogy

HotShot
09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Haha. Perfect analogy

Get a room girls.

HotShot
09-04-2014, 04:39 PM

Try 50-60.

Tatanka
09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
You know, this poster has about 36 posts, and I'd bet 30 or more of them are personal shots at el Chapo. Now, from time to time, el Chapo earns his fair share of grief but c'mon man. Enough is enough.

thebootfitter
09-04-2014, 04:53 PM
You know, this poster has about 36 posts, and I'd bet 30 or more of them are personal shots at el Chapo. Now, from time to time, el Chapo earns his fair share of grief but c'mon man. Enough is enough.
Could it be another Lakes alter-ego, just trying to stir up some drama???

Weber Fan
09-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Getting back to the game, here's a couple of articles from another local news outlet. The second one has some interesting Keys to the Game for Weber.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31395687&nid=1153&title=top-ranked-north-dakota-state-wary-of-weber

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31420515&nid=1153&title=keys-for-beating-north-dakota-state-are-based-on-fundamentals

EC8CH
09-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Getting back to the game, here's a couple of articles from another local news outlet. The second one has some interesting Keys to the Game for Weber.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31395687&nid=1153&title=top-ranked-north-dakota-state-wary-of-weber

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31420515&nid=1153&title=keys-for-beating-north-dakota-state-are-based-on-fundamentals

"While Wentz is an accurate passer, he does not have the big arm that is typical of many Big Sky quarterbacks."

LOL WUT?

NDSU92
09-04-2014, 05:10 PM

According to the second article Weber's OLine can tire out NDSU's DLine and Carson Wentz "...does not have the big arm that is typical of many Big Sky quarterbacks."

Lol yeah okay...

NDSU92
09-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Took the words out of my mouth EC8CH!

marenlee
09-04-2014, 05:14 PM
"While Wentz is an accurate passer, he does not have the big arm that is typical of many Big Sky quarterbacks."

LOL WUT?

I was about to post the same thing. If you're 6'6" it's likely you'll have a big arm. You can't really blame the writer too much as their was only one game to watch. However the velocity of those passes he was winging out there should have been a dead giveway. I imagine we will see Carson throw it deep at least a couple times this game and we will all witness his big arm.

tjamz
09-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Agreed. el chapo could simply write "Great game guys, we totally dominated last Saturday" and half of this board would immediately assume that he meant "Screw the FCS, we destroyed an FBS school in their house... again!" Now, he likely is thinking that, but without fail (or so it feels) someone will immediately pipe up with a "keep your FBS move thoughts to yourself".

This post will likely cause someone to accuse me of being a "lakes follower" but he and I disagree on a lot of things and I personally think his opinion would be fine if it wasn't shoved down everyone's throats, he's kinda taking the Jehovah Witness* approach to drawing people to his cause. Talk to everyone and convert them one at a time and who cares what everyone else thinks.

*I'm not trying to make this a religious thread, used them for comparative properties in their recruitment only and it should have probably been slightly purple

3Putt
09-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Former boxer Buster Brown wasn’t given much of a chance when he went up against former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson ...
Not a lot of fact checking going on here. Buster Brown is shoe (or a character from a comic). Buster Douglas is the boxer who beat Tyson.

Then again, maybe it is accurate the way it is written. I put Weber's chances to win about equal to Buster Brown beating Mike Tyson.

runtheoption
09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Agreed. el chapo could simply write "Great game guys, we totally dominated last Saturday" and half of this board would immediately assume that he meant "Screw the FCS, we destroyed an FBS school in their house... again!" Now, he likely is thinking that, but without fail (or so it feels) someone will immediately pipe up with a "keep your FBS move thoughts to yourself".

This post will likely cause someone to accuse me of being a "lakes follower" but he and I disagree on a lot of things and I personally think his opinion would be fine if it wasn't shoved down everyone's throats, he's kinda taking the Jehovah Witness* approach to drawing people to his cause. Talk to everyone and convert them one at a time and who cares what everyone else thinks.
First, get off my porch. Then, get off of Lakes' bozack. Next, get off of Bisonville. Last, destroy every electronic device you own that allows you on the Information Superhighway.

HerdBoy
09-04-2014, 05:36 PM

Watch out! :biggrin:

tjamz
09-04-2014, 05:41 PM
First, get off my porch. Then, get off of Lakes' bozack. Next, get off of Bisonville. Last, destroy every electronic device you own that allows you on the Information Superhighway.

At least you didn't tell me to go to Grand Forks.... I assume that means we are still friends.

Dakid3kc
09-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Not a lot of fact checking going on here. Buster Brown is shoe (or a character from a comic). Buster Douglas is the boxer who beat Tyson.

Then again, maybe it is accurate the way it is written. I put Weber's chances to win about equal to Buster Brown beating Mike Tyson.

Funny how everything listed there are the exact things that have made NDSU so dominant. Proved at CSU that elevation means squat. Stop the run, CHECK. Win the Turnover margin, CHECK. Control field position, CHECK. And as far as Buster goes, well anything can happen I get that. That's why they play the game, I get that. But NDSU wins the first 4 on this list regularly, Weber State is dazed early and wobbles around until the bell gets rung to end it.

BisonTeacher
09-04-2014, 08:27 PM

Are we sure hotshot is not on of lakes' aliases?

And yes Im serious. ....Ive watched Catfish. :biggrin:

gotts
09-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Are we sure hotshot is not on of lakes' aliases?

And yes Im serious. ....Ive watched Catfish. :biggrin:

I'm hoping hotshot is really Al Carlson.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2014, 02:04 AM
Bison 45-6

Ndsu84
09-05-2014, 02:15 AM

Let Carson play the whole game, Brock did.

tony
09-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Carson needs more game reps.

I'm not convinced it'll be a blowout. It's not like NDSU's last two losses were against playoff teams.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2014, 02:26 AM

I'm not convinced it'll be a blowout. It's not like NDSU's last two losses were against playoff teams.

Weber is nothing like Indiana State or YSU. ISU had a pretty good defense and I doubt Carson will through 2 picks 6s on Saturday.

MAKBison
09-05-2014, 03:21 AM
It will be a good mental test.......do they have what it takes to be perfect!

NDSU1980
09-05-2014, 03:34 AM
45-0. Lots of players rotating and everyone gets in on the fun.

HerdBoy
09-05-2014, 03:39 AM
CJ Smith with 2 INT's. 38-7 Bison.

tjamz
09-05-2014, 03:47 AM
CJ Smith with 2 INT's. 38-7 Bison.

I won't know how I feel about this game until I see Longhorns prediction.

chefstevenreed
09-05-2014, 01:39 PM

hello Bison and Wildcats

glad you like my recipes, they come from my family cookbook. glad I could help with some cheap, nutritious, easy meals

I have some good ones I will share with you all later for the big game tomorrow

scottietohottie
09-05-2014, 02:19 PM
can't wait for weber state superbowl

SDbison
09-05-2014, 02:37 PM
What is everyones thoughts on Bison fan attendance at this game? The location is a long way from any alumni population centers so I am hoping for at least 500. Maybe between 500 and 1000?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2014, 03:17 PM
What is everyones thoughts on Bison fan attendance at this game? The location is a long way from any alumni population centers so I am hoping for at least 500. Maybe between 500 and 1000?
There are a few former players that will be attending the game.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-05-2014, 04:01 PM
56 - 0. Three of those touchdowns will be Wentz to Wetnz.

cbline
09-05-2014, 04:10 PM

Now, will that be Carson throwing passes to himself, or pitching to himself on option plays? You know what would be cool? Wentz re-creating "The Pitch" as both the QB and RB.

Rock
09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Connor Wentz TE and Carson trade positions for a few plays to build QB and TE depth?

MrSnuffleupagus
09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Now, will that be Carson throwing passes to himself, or pitching to himself on option plays? You know what would be cool? Wentz re-creating "The Pitch" as both the QB and RB.

Wentz with the flea flicker to himself. That will most likely be the first play of the game.

Hammerhead
09-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Brad Johnson once threw a touchdown pass to himself when he was a Viking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqNG3tl7Aw

Bisonville GasMan
09-05-2014, 04:50 PM

Classic Vikings...

JMB
09-05-2014, 05:01 PM

LOL WUT?

It's the thin air. The ball flies farther. Just like at Coors Field.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I'd take Wentz over any of those Big Fluffies. He can stand up to a defense.

stevdock
09-05-2014, 05:23 PM

I had Brad Johnson starting for my fantasy team that game (which tells you how bad my team was) and remember arguing with the commish of my league that he should get both throwing and receiving stats for that play. Didn't win that argument and ended up losing by a TD that week.

scottietohottie
09-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Pump it up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm-vWx4DO4

gumby013
09-05-2014, 05:31 PM
PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

They have an Aussie punter.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31420181&nid=1153&title=australian-kicking-talent-finds-home-at-weber-state

KilldeerBison
09-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Pump it up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm-vWx4DO4

Pretty sure this is the Big Fluff "Hell Week". Oh the humanity.

oldmantutters
09-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I had Brad Johnson starting for my fantasy team that game (which tells you how bad my team was) and remember arguing with the commish of my league that he should get both throwing and receiving stats for that play. Didn't win that argument and ended up losing by a TD that week.
You're commish was an asshole

cbline
09-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Pretty sure this is the Big Fluff "Hell Week". Oh the humanity.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed video, but the Weber State Dance Off reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQzc6SQk_E

tony
09-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't sleep on Weber State.

Arizona State has a pretty stingy run defense and Weber's RB, Zach Smith, got 128 yards on them (8ypc). They also had a WR (Kehano) catch 6 passes for 99 yards. Their offense is pretty good.

How they do will depend on how much their defense can improve.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Arizona State has a pretty stingy run defense and Weber's RB, Zach Smith, got 128 yards on them (8ypc). They also had a WR (Kehano) catch 6 passes for 99 yards. Their offense is pretty good.

I doubt if they will sleep on anybody this year. FBS teams tend to take FCS opponents very lightly and that skews the stats.

gumby013
09-05-2014, 07:12 PM

butarizonastate

GFBison
09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Rudy, Jackie, and Jake in route to Webber State

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/0113bd7e823f940265cdfeffd4d01ac5.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/8ef2c65d839b4f391ca6f739cd7ef565.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/01c5be33e419dbbde9cd7a6507a2c288.jpg

marenlee
09-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Given our recent seasons I'd be more worried if this was a home game...

gumby013
09-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Plane leaves in about 40 minutes.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8915

westnodak93bison
09-05-2014, 07:41 PM
butarizonastate
Shouldn't it be buttarizonasrate ?

gumby013
09-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Shouldn't it be buttarizonasrate ?

butthefork

roadwarrior
09-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Not sure. There were no other Bison fans on my flight out of Fargo this morning, and i didn't see any on a 757 from Mpls to SLC.

Tatanka
09-05-2014, 10:57 PM
At the ia st game Jorgenson said they're thinking about 1000 bison fans in Ogden

bisonaudit
09-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Vraa needs 10 yds to move to 5th in all-time receiving yards and 1 catch to take solo 6th in all-time receptions.

Keller moves to solo 4th in all time PATs and FGs with his next of each.

Dudzik is 3 solo tackles from 8th on the all-time list. Heagle is 9 short of solo 2nd.

CAS4127
09-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Vraa needs 10 yds to move to 5th in all-time receiving yards and 1 catch to take solo 6th in all-time receptions.

Keller moves to solo 4th in all time PATs and FGs with his next of each.

Dudzik is 3 solo tackles from 8th on the all-time list. Heagle is 9 short of solo 2nd.

What about Beck re: total tackles?

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2014, 11:25 PM

Having a 'stingy' run defense in the Pac-12??

:confused:

What team is not going to stack the box against the Bison? For any team to beat the Bison, they need to stop the run and make the Bison pass. Now the hard part is doing it.

Bison roll this team.

gumby013
09-06-2014, 12:23 AM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/58370732-77/state-dakota-north-bison.html.csp

17>1
09-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Just rolled thru Ogden en route to West Valley City, UT. Planning on touring the Mormon Tabernacle tomorrow before the game.

Bison 4 Life
09-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Just rolled thru Ogden en route to West Valley City, UT. Planning on touring the Mormon Tabernacle tomorrow before the game.

That is an interesting place. A lot smaller than I thought it would be.

bisonaudit
09-06-2014, 12:52 AM

1 short of the top 10 in solos. 43 short of the top 10 in total.

HerdBoy
09-06-2014, 12:57 AM

Total tackles
Beck - 251
Heagle - 245
Littlejohn - 230
Dudzik - 191

http://www.gobison.com/custompages/fb/HISTCARR.HTM?path=football

Total tackles
1. 398 - Rick Budde (86-312) - 1974-76
2. 391 - Jim Dick (65-326) - 1982-86
3. 363 - Sean Fredricks (84-279) - 1994-97
4. 337 - Steve Nelson (88-249) - 1971-73
5. 331 - Todd Lecy (80-251) - 1978-81
6. 326 - Grant Olson (117-209) - 2010-13
7. 320 - Jerry Rosburg (70-250) - 1975-77
8. 303 - Kim Garvey (74-229) - 1972-74
9. 294 - Lee Monson (49-245) - 1981-84
294 - Preston Evans (119-175) - 2008-11

Answer Guy
09-06-2014, 02:35 AM
That is an interesting place. A lot smaller than I thought it would be.

That's what she said?