PDA

View Full Version : Thank you again, Coach Kramer

runtheoption
08-31-2014, 03:07 PM
He, and his staff, once again have our guys extremely well-prepared. Whatever the heck it is they are doing, it works. Our lineman were obviously so much stronger and better conditioned than ISU's. If I had a bajillion dollars, I would be signing this guy for life.

ISU staff should be embarrassed by how many of their guys were cramping up. No excuse for FBS players to be dropping like flies when it was only 80 degrees with some humidity.

westnodak93bison
08-31-2014, 03:09 PM
He, and his staff, once again have our guys extremely well-prepared. Whatever the heck it is they are doing, it works. Our lineman were obviously so much stronger and better conditioned than ISU's. If I had a bajillion dollars, I would be signing this guy for life.

ISU staff should be embarrassed by how many of their guys were cramping up. No excuse for FBS players to be dropping like flies when it was only 80 degrees with some humidity.
Makes me wonder how long it will be before someone offers Kramer an offer he can't refuse

Kermit
08-31-2014, 03:13 PM

Ditto. Retaining Klieman and Kramer was absolute massive for the program. Tremendous leaders. CK has put together a really solid staff. Re Kramer and his methods, I don't think it has much to do with methods. Not many secrets there. I think it has everything to do with leadership and his ability to motivate young men.

A1pigskin
08-31-2014, 03:16 PM
The team was well conditioned and it showed. Thanks to Kramer.

loudsilverado
08-31-2014, 03:25 PM
He is such an asset to our program

IBleedYellow
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Is it possible to give Kramer a raise? Or did we when we retained him?

BisonNeil
08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Ditto. Retaining Klieman and Kramer was absolute massive for the program. Tremendous leaders. CK has put together a really solid staff. Re Kramer and his methods, I don't think it has much to do with methods. Not many secrets there. I think it has everything to do with leadership and his ability to motivate young men.

Really? You don't think testing the salt content of everyone's sweat and the salty chicken noodle soup he makes them eat all summer has anything to do with the lack of cramping? I think it is all about his methods, both in strength and conditioning and in making them mentally tough. A new team down 14 points, on the road in front of 60,000 people and not panicking is one hell of a mentally tough group of guys.

unbison
08-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Really? You don't think testing the salt content of everyone's sweat and the salty chicken noodle soup he makes them eat all summer has anything to do with the lack of cramping? I think it is all about his methods, both in strength and conditioning and in making them mentally tough. A new team down 14 points, on the road in front of 60,000 people and not panicking is one hell of a mentally tough group of guys.

You must read with a precursor to argue if you wrote what you did and want to disagree with kermit basically saying the same thing

BISON Thunder
08-31-2014, 07:19 PM

Ever notice how easy it is to cramp up when you are getting your arse handed to you!?!

Bisonfan1
09-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Time to make a t-shirt that focuses on the Bison strength and conditioning program, and Kramers Raiders !!! Jim Kramer should have a closet full of gameballs !

CAS4127
09-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Time to make a t-shirt that focuses on the Bison strength and conditioning program, and Kramers Raiders !!! Jim Kramer should have a closet full of gameballs !

Need a big head of his in the student section!!

Christopher Moen
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Ah yes, the miracle of using CNS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011BisonAlumni
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Need a big head of his in the student section!!

I say keep him low key as possible. No shirts. Raise and emails thanking him.

Bison 4 Life
09-02-2014, 06:56 PM

From what I saw in a story during one of the games, the medical team from Sanford had a lot to do with that.

BisonCardinal
09-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Was the sodium testing done by Sanford Health revolutionary or what? Both KSU and ISU had cramping issues. One would think that sort of thing was old hat to the P5 conferences.

Anybody have a link to that Bohl/Sanford Health article that was in the Forum after KSU?

CAS4127
09-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Was the sodium testing done by Sanford Health revolutionary or what? Both KSU and ISU had cramping issues. One would think that sort of thing was old hat to the P5 conferences.

Anybody have a link to that Bohl/Sanfor Health article that was in the Forum after KSU?

If you do, don't post it. If peeps recall correctly, that storyline got buried rather quickly, and for good reason IMO!

Trim
09-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Loved listening to the call-in show leaving the stadium. Shortly after announcing the player of the game for the Cylclones was the punter, someone called in and asked the host, "Why were all of our guys cramping up and they weren't?". Host said, "I don't have an answer for that one."

BisonNeil
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
From what I saw in a story during one of the games, the medical team from Sanford had a lot to do with that.

True. But my understanding the study was done at Kramer's request.

BisonCardinal
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
If you do, don't post it. If peeps recall correctly, that storyline got buried rather quickly, and for good reason IMO!

Ok, mums the word. Can't help thinking that Bohl has got Doc Adams and Doc Baker working on it at Wyoming as he was the one that spilled the beans on his football show.

CAS4127
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Ok, mums the word. Can't help thinking that Bohl has got Doc Adams and Doc Baker working on it at Wyoming as he was the one that spilled the beans on his football show.

I know he was, but there wasn't much more said/discussed about it other than one article in the Forum that was buried a bit.

Anyhow:
PREVIEW: Coach Kramer, A Game ChangerPosted: Sep 02, 2014 1:58 PM CDTUpdated: Sep 02, 2014 1:58 PM CDTBy Beth Hoole - email (bethhh@valleynewslive.com?body=http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26428686/preview-coach-kramer-a-game-changer)

http://kvly.images.worldnow.com/images/4634272_G.jpg (http://kvly.images.worldnow.com/images/4634272_G.jpg)

The North Dakota State football team is a force in the college football scene and while the glory comes on the grid iron on Saturday, those highlights are the result of hours spent on the practice field and in the weight room.

Strength and Conditioning coach Jim Kramer plays a key role in the Bison football team's success. While he is adamant he's just one of the many pieces that tell the story; three National Championships, five consecutive wins over an FBS opponent and the Herd's fourth quarter domination, tells you he has a little more to do with it than he'd like to admit.

In this week's Petro Serve USA Bison Football Pregame Show Valley News Live sports reporter Beth Hoole talks to Coach Kramer about his strength and conditioning program.

After NDSU's convincing 34-14 win over Iowa State on Saturday, praise once again erupted for Coach Kramer. As the Cyclones cracked under pressure with injuries and cramps the Bison stood tall. Overcoming their opponent, an early deficit, and a humid environment Fargo just doesn't see.

Kramer credits head coach Chris Klieman, and the coaches before him, for their dedication to his vision; a vision that includes lots of hours on the field and in the weight room, and plenty of double sessions. While they can be tough on the body he says it's the only thing that can even begin to prepare the team for the grind of the fourth quarter in such a different climate.

Ultimately Kramer credits the athletes, who dedicate themselves to their craft. From hydration, to diet to lifting he says the team is always the driving force.

He credits this group as the most hungry group yet. Saying they know people are expecting some form a drop off, but that they are determined to have no part in that.

Join us this weekend on the Petro Serve USA Bison Football Pregame Show at 6:30 to hear more from Coach Kramer, plus take an inside look at what a work out with Coach Kramer is like.

The Bison look to extend their consecutive road game winning streak to 20 this weekend when they travel to Utah to take on Big Sky opponent Weber State at 7:00 pm CT.

Tune in every Saturday to KVLY and state wide on the NBC North Dakota Sports Network for all your NDSU Bison football games, as well as complete post game coverage on Valley News Live 10 at 10.

skolbrother
09-02-2014, 08:19 PM
We looked so superior physically it was awesome!!

Bison bison
09-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry. Not possible. NDSU is FCS.

VirginiaBison
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Back in the 80's when the Redskins were dominate, Brian Mitchell said they use to drink pickle juice before games to keep themselves hydrated and to prevent cramping. Probably not a common solution these days, but might help ISU down the stretch on those hot muggy September days in Kansas.

Bison Gal
09-05-2014, 05:11 PM
This weekend's Valley News Live PreGame show will feature Coach Kramer. Here's link to preview with video snippet of Kramer talking about this year's players being the hungriest he's ever seen.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26428686/preview-coach-kramer-a-game-changer

bisonboone11
09-05-2014, 06:18 PM
What is Coach Kramer's background? Is he from North Dakota originally?

bri-dog
09-05-2014, 06:31 PM
What is Coach Kramer's background? Is he from North Dakota originally?

From his Gobison.com bio:

Jim Kramer is in his ninth season as the director of athletic performance at North Dakota State University.
Prior to joining the Bison during the 2003-04 season, Kramer was the strength and conditioning coordinator at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
He also served as the head strength and conditioning coach at Northern Iowa, was an assistant director of player development at Georgia Tech, and was a strength and conditioning graduate assistant at Appalachian State.
A native of Plattesville, Wis., Kramer graduated from Wisconsin-La Crosse in 1989 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education. He has two children.

MAKBison
09-05-2014, 06:42 PM
I think it helps he is considered an employee verses a Coach. ...to some extent, retirement has to come into the equation when deciding to move on

thebootfitter
09-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I think it helps he is considered an employee verses a Coach. ...to some extent, retirement has to come into the equation when deciding to move on
Perhaps best case scenario is that he and his family love the Fargo area and feel very financially secure with their situation, and NDSU does whatever it can to make sure he's well compensated and a happy employee. If he ever gets an offer he can't refuse... I couldn't blame him for leaving and would wish him well, but hope he wants to stick around for awhile. :-)

Bison_Pride
09-05-2014, 09:10 PM
From last March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYtLLFdQtI

side note: Bohl couldn't take Kramer with him, so he went out and got him a pretty good guy that employs a lot of the same principles.
It's interesting to read the parallels. http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/who-s-wyoming-s-war-daddy-new-strength-coach-aims/article_aaac0f8c-ef1d-5bf8-ac7a-cf70dea170c3.html

I'mWithNOSIB
09-05-2014, 09:25 PM
From last March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYtLLFdQtI

side note: Bohl couldn't take Kramer with him, so he went out and got him a pretty good guy that employs a lot of the same principles.
It's interesting to read the parallels. http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/who-s-wyoming-s-war-daddy-new-strength-coach-aims/article_aaac0f8c-ef1d-5bf8-ac7a-cf70dea170c3.html

Tim Bullik (SP) needs a little more liveliness in him. I seriously hope that guys major is not communication.