PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Questions

SoCalBison
08-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Maybe I should have titled the thread "Questions about Offense"?

Anyway, I'm a worrier, and I've read the reassurances that Wentz will be great and the O-line will be solid despite a lack of experince.

What I need to be reassured about is that Wentz and the O-line combined will be fine. Because Wentz with last year's line would be great, and this year's line would be fine with Brock under center. But put all the new pieces together and...

Please, Bisonville, tell me we can achieve greatness again this year.

CaBisonFan
08-28-2014, 08:34 PM

Anyway, I'm a worrier, and I've read the reassurances that Wentz will be great and the O-line will be solid despite a lack of experince.

What I need to be reassured about is that Wentz and the O-line combined will be fine. Because Wentz with last year's line would be great, and this year's line would be fine with Brock under center. But put all the new pieces together and...

Please, Bisonville, tell me we can achieve greatness again this year.The defense will dominate while the o-line and Wentz pull it together.

By mid-season they'll have it together. All of the guys are experienced within the program.

EC8CH
08-28-2014, 08:35 PM
I always thought Wentz was faster through his progression than Brock seemed to be. Some of the coaches have alluded to this as well in interviews. If true that should help him if the protection breaks down with the new O line.

TransAmBison
08-28-2014, 08:37 PM
I also have some offensive questions to ask, but I think I might get chastised for thread drift. What to do, what to do. I mean, it appears to be the right thread, and we are in the football forum...

AKBison
08-28-2014, 08:48 PM
If you need something to worry over, worry about Wentz's backup because it looks like the talent level dips a little. Then again, we found walker and Jensen in the unheralded backup role, so who knows.

THEsocalledfan
08-28-2014, 08:52 PM
I also have some offensive questions to ask, but I think I might get chastised for thread drift. What to do, what to do. I mean, it appears to be the right thread, and we are in the football forum...

Here is an offensive question:

Why no mention of the biggest, baddest Bison fan I know coming to Iowa?

StL Bison Fan
08-28-2014, 08:53 PM

If there's one thing BV knows it's offensive questions. Or anything offensive for that matter

KSBisonFan
08-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Nice job with the thread drift, you looser! Not sure why you have to get so defensive in an offensive thread. If you've got something offensive to ask, just ask it and quit beating around the bush. C'mon man, you are better than this!

BisonNation11
08-28-2014, 09:01 PM

The thing is, Wentz has been working with all these guys that are finally getting their shots at starting. For the last 2-3 years, most of the lineman have been practicing listening to Wentz's voice, cadence, etc. They know his strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. Add Haeg who started last year and you've got all the makings for a solid line that's worked together everyday against the best defense in the country.

Bisonator98
08-28-2014, 10:24 PM
We'll be fine. Just hope Wentz is as durable as Brock. Not sure about Davis or Mcginnis, hopefully the coaches get both those guys some game reps in the Weber game.

OrygunBison
08-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Where all the white women at?

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:10 AM

Any team with new personal has growing pains but this team has talent and I suspect they will be just fine. Get the first couple of series at ISU out of the way and they'll kick butt!!

OrygunBison
08-29-2014, 12:15 AM
What has two thumbs and hates Texas?

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Do that and you'll be down 14-0. Tough hole to climb out of.

Our defense is more than ready for Mangino and his gimmick offense.

Bring your notebook so you can take down some info on how to run the ball. I know it must be hard cheering for a team with an all time winning % of .456....feel for ya!

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 12:28 AM
It's not easy, but I go to my awesome stadium in my awesome town with 55k other fans. You guys pack 12k into your D2 warehouse?

That would be UND. Come on dude. Ya gotta try harder.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:34 AM
It's not easy, but I go to my awesome stadium in my awesome town with 55k other fans. You guys pack 12k into your D2 warehouse?

Nice try bud!

Let's see......ISU has had 2................ya,.........................2.... ..9 wins seasons in their whole history....:rofl:

Like I said, I feel for ya. Piss poor team. But heh......your wrestling team is pretty good...:cheers:

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Wrestling? They suck. Basketball? Come try us.

Football? We play in a real conference. D1.

Since when has ISU wrestling sucked?

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Wrestling? They suck. Basketball? Come try us.

Football? We play in a real conference. D1.

You don't know much about your own team.

ISU has a very good wrestling program. Check it out genius.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Since a while. Don't care, wrasslin is for da gheys.

Hey cro-magnon boy......get a life.

BISON Thunder
08-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Since when has ISU wrestling sucked?

The wrestling thread is the only thread this clown should be on. Even in basketball they lost to Oklahoma last season, and Northern Iowa has owned them the past few years. And football...well, they are participants.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:42 AM
derp. You mix up Iowa and ISU again?

No, try again. Hawks are very good and so is ISU.

Like I said, go check it out. Don't know shit about your own school.

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 12:44 AM
Since a while. Don't care, wrasslin is for da gheys.

Former Olympic gold medalist and two-time World Champion Kevin Jackson is in his sixth season as Iowa State’s head wrestling coach. In his initial year at the helm, Jackson coached two NCAA individual champions en route to a third-place finish at the 2010 NCAA Championships.

Jackson's efforts with the Cyclone squad in his inaugural campaign didn't go unnoticed, as he was honored as Amateur Wrestling News magazine’s 2010 Rookie Coach of the Year. Jackson coached the ISU grapplers to a 13-2 overall dual record, with a perfect 4-0 mark in Big 12 action.

In 2010-11, Jackson’s squad finished the year with a 9-10 mark in dual competition. The year was highlighted by senior Jon Reader, who went 39-0 en route to an individual NCAA title at 174 pounds.

After a down year in 2011-12, Jackson was able to rally his troops and bounce back strongly in 2012-13. After a 1-3 start, Jackson’s Cyclones won 10 of their last 12 duals, finishing second at the 2013 Big 12 Championships and 11th at the NCAA Championships.

A 12th-place team finish at the NCAA Championships kept the Cyclones in the nation's top-15 in 2014, as Kyven Gadson (4th - 197), Michael Moreno (5th - 165) and Earl Hall, Jr. (8th - 125) each worked their way onto the NCAA podium. Two wrestlers crowned Big 12 Champions (Gadson and Lelund Weatherspoon), as Jackson coached Weatherspoon to becoming the Cyclones' first freshman Big 12 champion since David Zabriske in 2007.

Under Jackson’s tutelage at Iowa State, ISU has placed at least one wrestler at the top of the podium every year at the conference tournament. In four seasons, the Lansing, Mich. native, has coached three NCAA champions, six All-Americans and five Big 12 champions.

Dude you are getting your ass handed to you. If you are going to troll you gotta know your shit.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:46 AM
not that there is anything wrong with that.

Hey dumbass.

Iowa State has won 8 national championships. Has had 65 national champions in wrestling and won 17 conference championships. Like I said, you don't know shit about your own school.

Cyclone wrestling is one of the best in the country. Cheer for a winner....not your worthless football team..

:pan:

BISON Thunder
08-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Like I said, that's "good". I guess we are comparing 2 different things. Iowa is good at wrasslin. They have killed us recently. So we aren't that good.

If your wrestling program is only "good"...what does that make your football program?

BisoninNWMN
wrasslin is horrible. And they USED to be good. They AREN'T good ANYMORE.

This is hard, I know. But you'll get there.

You don't know shit about your own school.

Ya, they still are good dumbass!

You cannot be this stupid.

56BISON73
Like I said, that's "good". I guess we are comparing 2 different things. Iowa is good at wrasslin. They have killed us recently. So we aren't that good.

Youre twisting in the wind slip shot. Heres a hint. When you find yourself in a hole---quit digging. Youve already wore out two shovels.

HerdBot
08-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Offensive questions. ..

"How much?"
"Do you do anal?"

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 12:58 AM
We haven't been good since Cale jumped ship. But thanks for trying.

Hey genius....it's Cael not Cale. Like I said...you don't know shit!

He didn't just jump ship. But it will do no good to explain it to you. Stupid is stupid.

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 01:07 AM
Didn't jump ship????????? ermagherd. He left for more money. Jumped. Ship.

You really think that was the only reason? For an engineer you aint too bright.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 01:07 AM
Didn't jump ship????????? ermagherd. He left for more money. Jumped. Ship.

Cheer for a cyclone team that actually wins....:rofl:

UNI bitched slapped you last year....that game wasn't even that close and K-State won by....let's see....41-7.....:rofl:

Oh ya, we beat both of them last year.

Enjoy the Bison running game on Saturday.

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 01:12 AM
I didn't know we were listing every reason he left. The main reason was money.

Link? Source?

HerdBoy
08-29-2014, 01:19 AM
Oh I'm gonna enjoy it. I'll drink a beer for each point you score.

.....:biggrin:.....

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 01:23 AM
you mean the source that says they made him the highest paid wrasslin coach? You really think that wasn't the biggest reason? mmk

He isn't the highest paid wrestling coach.

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 01:24 AM
you mean the source that says they made him the highest paid wrasslin coach? You really think that wasn't the biggest reason? mmk

What ever you can find.

HerdBot
08-29-2014, 01:40 AM
Offensive questions. ..

"How much?"
"Do you do anal?"

A lot.
Of course..

I was answering the title of the thread. Not asking you the questions. Apparently you do like to receive anal and you charge for it? Wow! Whatever floats your boat buddy!

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 01:44 AM
http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/read_news.php?id=367

There, highest paid coach. Right der in der. It's the reason he grabbed up his recruits and left.

LOL...he isn't the highest paid coach there bub.

In August of 2012, he signed a contract for 175K per year until 2017. Brands (Iowa) and Smith(OK State) make more $$.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 01:52 AM
"The deal pushes Brands closer to the highest-paid coaches in the country. Oklahoma State reportedly bumped the salary of coach John Smith up to $284,980 after the 2011 season. The Harrisburg (Pa.) Patriot-News reported last November that Penn State has paid coach Cael Sanderson as much as $500,000."

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/8/9/3228440/tom-brands-and-the-escalation-of-coaching-compensation

His base is 175K...open records. He might get more with some type of bonus for winning a NC.....might!

El_Chapo
08-29-2014, 01:55 AM
LISTEN EVERYONE... .what did we as fans bitch and moan about the most the last 3-4 years??? the OFFENSE..

what did THAT offense do? win 3 titles.

This OFFENSE is going to be better, Im convinced, this is going to be exciting!!

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 02:11 AM
http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/read_news.php?id=367

There, highest paid coach. Right der in der. It's the reason he grabbed up his recruits and left.

137,000 is jumping for money? There is way more in play here.

Hail bison
08-29-2014, 02:15 AM
Uh oh, this guy's convinced. Look out.

Baylor! Clone is gay!

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 02:18 AM
yeah, money you don't know about.

I know about it.

You think 137,000 is alot of money? Especially for a top coach?

Mr. Burgundy
08-29-2014, 02:21 AM
Why do we talk to trolls? Why do we allow trolls? Seriously.

Hail bison
08-29-2014, 02:28 AM

Entertainment value

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 02:29 AM
he makes way more than that, brah

Did you not comprehend when I said ---way more is in play here?

56BISON73
08-29-2014, 02:32 AM
No comprendo, amigo.

Yeah pretty much new that when you first started posting here.

Hail bison
08-29-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm knew here, brah. Give me a brake.

Excellent grammar

BYZEN
08-29-2014, 02:43 AM
he makes way more than that, brah

upstate??? Is that you??? Your mommy let you have the computer back finally???
High school troll

thebootfitter
08-29-2014, 02:49 AM
Is it offensive that I'm at the Washington State vs Rutgers game with my Bison gear? My 2 yr old wanted to wear his Bison gear, so I figured I'd show some solidarity.

bri-dog
08-29-2014, 02:51 AM
Is it offensive that I'm at the Washington State vs Rutgers game with my Bison gear? My 2 yr old wanted to wear his Bison gear, so I figured I'd show some solidarity.

Hey, if they're gonna fly their damn flag at our GameDay, you can get them back...:)

JSUBison
08-29-2014, 03:44 AM

This thread was interesting to start, but the brain trust here saw a new shiny toy arrive and couldn't resist batting it around.

BisonNeil
08-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Do that and you'll be down 14-0. Tough hole to climb out of.

No hole is too tough to climb out of with your shit defense.

BisoninNWMN
08-29-2014, 11:18 AM
No hole is too tough to climb out of with your shit defense.

Neil, we disagree on a lot of things but this I give you a thumbs up buddy!!!!

:judges:

BigMommaKayne
08-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Seeing that BigDaddy is grounded for the game.................I'm going to need a date tomorrow.
Maybe CLONERAV4 would like to be that guy. I think we could really hit it off.
I understand you like your girls with a little meat on their bones...........I'm your girl :innocent:

TransAmBison
08-29-2014, 01:28 PM
That was just a stage in mah life. I'm over the fatties.Better than under...you are learning.

BigMommaKayne
08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
I don't consider myself a fatty...............just............. big boned:biggrin:

runtheoption
08-29-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't consider myself a fatty...............just............. big boned:biggrin:Big bones don't jiggle.

Bison"FANatic"
08-29-2014, 02:10 PM
.. big boned:biggrin:

So you like big bones........I guess small boned cloneRav4 is out. He may be willing to braid your back hair for ya though.

BigMommaKayne
08-29-2014, 02:14 PM
So you like big bones........I guess small boned cloneRav4 is out. He may be willing to braid your back hair for ya though.

It's been a while for any bones.................... so maybe cloneRav4 will have to do.

BlueBisonRock
08-29-2014, 07:10 PM
If we were playing an actual varsity team, I'd agree. But your JV squad is, well, beneath us.

You and Obama with that JV crap. Learn DB, learn.

SoCalBison
08-30-2014, 02:18 AM
OK, the first 40 responses to my question were pretty reassuring...then the thread took a turn, and I think now, I'm just repulsed...

Go Bison! Big win tomorrow...

BisonNeil
08-30-2014, 02:47 AM
If we were playing an actual varsity team, I'd agree. But your JV squad is, well, beneath us.

You lost to a JV team last year. How did that bullshit you spewed last year work out for you?

You really need to be more cautious with this self-fellatio you are obviously into. You could choke yourself to death.