PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Bison faithful....

PX
10-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Contratulations to the Bison team and fans. Great game. *I thought during the first half that our struggling Eaglets might be able to hang in there with your guys, but boy was I wrong.

I was very impressed by the Bison today. *Hope you folks keep kicking tail all year!

Hope when we visit your house in a couple of years our GSU Eagles will have improved enough to give the Bison competition for more than the first half of a football game.

I know that Bison is singular, no matter how many might be grazing around.. *But it sure seemed to me watching the game today that there were a lot more "Bison's" on the field than there were "Eaglets".. *:'(

Seriously, thanks for coming down, and hope we'll see ya in a couple of years in Fargo..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

semobison
10-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks! With your tradition, you will be back. Change takes time. We took our lumps in 02. see ya in 09!! :)

Bisonguy
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Hopefully a large contingent of the Eagle Nation will make it to the Fabulous Fargdome in 09.

dudly
10-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Hopefully a large contingent of the Eagle Nation will make it to the Fabulous Fargdome in 09.
What's that thing seat?

BTW, I pretty much agree w/ PX. Props, but begrudging props.

Bisonguy
10-07-2006, 11:30 PM
The Fargodome seats somewhere around 19,000, depends on who you ask.

Tatanka
10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/jeez.jpg
:D ;)

dudly
10-08-2006, 12:34 AM
can't believe the depths that GSU has sunken to this year. NDS? holy cow, what a bad, bad loss.
Mike Sefat would've ran house on you......and then eaten your grub!

BisonMav
10-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Thanks PX, good luck with the new offense. It may take a couple years, but my money is on GSU rising to new heights in the future.

West_River
10-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Thanks,

It is hard to put into words how good the 99% of the Georgia Southern fans are.

As visitors the Gerogia fans went out of there way to make the Bison feel welcome and after the game many many Georgia fans congradulated the NDSU fans.

broke_back_mnt
10-08-2006, 03:09 AM
It was a great game! You guys had everything you said you had, but it turned out to be our night. Cant wait to see some of you in Fargo in 2009. Thanks for the game!

CaBisonFan
10-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Contratulations to the Bison team and fans. Great game. *I thought during the first half that our struggling Eaglets might be able to hang in there with your guys, but boy was I wrong.

I was very impressed by the Bison today. *Hope you folks keep kicking tail all year!

Hope when we visit your house in a couple of years our GSU Eagles will have improved enough to give the Bison competition for more than the first half of a football game.

I know that Bison is singular, no matter how many might be grazing around.. *But it sure seemed to me watching the game today that there were a lot more "Bison's" on the field than there were "Eaglets".. *:'(

Seriously, thanks for coming down, and hope we'll see ya in a couple of years in Fargo..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Thank you. *We're aware of your great tradition in football and fully expect to see Georgia Southern battling for the title again soon. *We're trying really hard to rebuild ours and to become a power in I-AA. *The ncaa sure makes it painful though. *We're finally starting to see some of the light at the end of the tunnel. *Fans with your attitude show the "class" of a true football tradition. *It's fun to see the Bison playing a class program like yours. *That's what Bison fans wanted. *DII was getting pretty ugly...and our program was sliding with it. *DII abandoned programs like NDSU's. *Oh well. *Now we're back in a real league with excellent football teams. *Thanks again.

Bisonguy
10-08-2006, 04:45 AM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/jeez.jpg
:D ;)

Yeah, that's why I just split the difference and said around 19k. :)

TransAmBison
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Sounds like except for the dudster that GS has some pretty cool fans. No wonder they have such a great tradition. Hope to see them regularly in the playoffs some day.

roadwarrior
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Where is 2009 coming from? I think they are scheduled to return to Fargo in 2008.

RodentiaX1
10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
A 19 point loss at home might be embarrasing, but GSU did get beat by a damned good I-AA team.

kchats
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
20 point loss which is Georgia Southern's worst home loss in quite some time.

Unbeaten North Dakota State won its fifth straight game behind the play of quarterback Steve Walker and a stifling defense Saturday as it defeated Georgia Southern 34-14.

Walker threw for 171 yards and two touchdowns as the No. 11 Bison handed the Eagles their worst home loss since 1994. Marshall beat Georgia Southern 34-13 that year.

Georgia Southern had only 65 yards rushing, four in the second half, against a North Dakota State unit that was giving up only 29 yards per game. It was the first time the Eagles had been held under 100 yards rushing since 1995 when they had 70 against Montana in a Division I-AA playoff loss, a span of 137 games.

The 65 yards are believed to be a school record low for the Eagles who have led I-AA schools in rushing the last five years and entered this game sixth in the nation at 241 yards per game. Lamar Lewis led Southern with 35 yards on 12 carries.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/recaps/2006/10/07/34205_recap.html