PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article on Bison "O" & "D"

GPSIT
08-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Very good article on the way the Bison dominated the game both defensively and offensively. I am not sure I did the link right or not? Hope it work.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/26/6005585/craig-bohl-wyoming-north-dakota-state-football-offense-defense

westnodak93bison
08-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Interesting article.

BisonHorns
08-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Great article!

Bison"FANatic"
08-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Good article and one of the reasons it was so important to stay in house with the head coach and not rewrite our playbook or philosophy. Hopefully Klieman can instill our defensive philosophies in Entz and he can run with it and maybe even add a few wrinkles. It will be interesting to see how well power runs with the new O line. That is going to tell a lot and one of the main things I will be watching come Saturday.

I can see Wyoming doing ok switching from spread to our West Coast version of O but the D going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 will have a longer learning curb for them. You don't just all of the sudden learn the keys and process them quickly. That is going to take repetition for them.

GOBISON123
08-26-2014, 10:08 PM
I have always suspected something like this would happen and I am not completely surprised but the timing of this article and a very clever title is very suspicious....i know this is not the whole playbook but this is very very suspicious.......may be i am wrong....

bisonaudit
08-26-2014, 10:28 PM
I like it. It's a little bit Moneyball. Find skills that are undervalued in the market and then put them in a scheme that maximizes their abilities.

Bison"FANatic"
08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
I have always suspected something like this would happen and I am not completely surprised but the timing of this article and a very clever title is very suspicious....i know this is not the whole playbook but this is very very suspicious.......may be i am wrong....

That is just some of our base plays and every coach knows them and knows they are coming. You still have to stop it. One of the tv announcers from a game, I don't remember if it was k state or a playoff game broke down how we run power
And basically dare you to try and stop it. Once we can establish it then the art of play calling gets interesting. There is nothing in the article a opposing coach doesn't know.

westnodak93bison
08-27-2014, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a little eight man front and see if they can stop the run

56BISON73
08-27-2014, 12:37 AM

What are you suspicious of?

GOBISON123
08-27-2014, 12:38 AM
That is just some of our base plays and every coach knows them and knows they are coming. You still have to stop it. One of the tv announcers from a game, I don't remember if it was k state or a playoff game broke down how we run power
And basically dare you to try and stop it. Once we can establish it then the art of play calling gets interesting. There is nothing in the article a opposing coach doesn't know.

Thanks Bison"FANatic":sigpalm:

A1pigskin
08-27-2014, 12:38 AM
This is a nice article but CAS already posted in another thread earlier today.

HerdBot
08-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Good article. Klieman was the man behind the defense. Hopefully it continues.

A1pigskin
08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Good article. Klieman was the man behind the defense. Hopefully it continues.

I think it will because he is hands on and came up with game plans under Bohl. Because of this I think the D will be tough again.

ZHerd
08-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Very interesting article. I love stuff like that explaining different systems

TateMosersneighbor
08-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I think it will because he is hands on and came up with game plans under Bohl. Because of this I think the D will be tough again.

Agree totally. Jim Kramer will have a huge hand in how Saturday plays out too.