PDA

View Full Version : GSU post-game THREAD!!!!

Bisonguy
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
The other thread is locked due to chugging.

Post all end-of game and postgame comments here.

coloradobison
10-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Excellent game! Very proud of the guys ona great win and a super start to the season!!!

Bison_Kent
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow, who would have thought the Bison would start 5-0?

Tatanka
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
BISON WIN!!!!

No_Skill
10-07-2006, 07:51 PM
What are thier rushing stats???

65 yards on 32 attempts

wow, that is amazing!!!!

The unstoppable GSU running attack was held to 65 yrds. *Check out my post earlier this week on AGS.com:

I've heard a lot of talk about how awesome the GSU rushing attack is, and granted 241 is pretty damn good. But, NDSU's rushing defense is not too shabby either (1st in I-AA at 29 ypg I believe). So, rather than just rant on about "our two 100 yard backs are gonna run all over you, blabity, blubity, blee" or "our defence only allows 29 ypg, blah blah blah, I did a few calculations to get an estimate of what we can expect. *

Cumulatively, NDSU's opponents gain an average of 123.3 ypg (not counting their spanking by NDSU). Now, we (NDSU) have held these opponents to an average of 29 ypg, which is about 23.5% of thier average rushing ypg. So, if we hold teams to 23.5% of what they normaly gain on the ground then GSU should expect to gain 23.5% of 241 ypg, or 56.7 yards rushing.

GSU fans shouldn't be discouraged by that number, however. After all, that is almost twice what we normally give up. *

Flawless, right? *
:-X

coloradobison
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
great comment from Scott Miller.

The Bison D held the Eagles to just 65 yards rushing on the day!

Great statement by our defense against a vaunted rushing attack.

GFBisonFan
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Excellent game. Fun to listen to.

Shows that the swagger is back, winning the tough ones on the road. WE ARE ALL THE WAY BACK!!!!

Now time to go to bed-getting up and running the army ten miler in the morning.

Won't be around next weekend-will be travelling from here to the US and then will see you all at the Minnesota game!!

GOOD TO BE A BISON!!

coloradobison
10-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Excellent game. *Fun to listen to.

Shows that the swagger is back, winning the tough ones on the road. *WE ARE ALL THE WAY BACK!!!!

Now time to go to bed-getting up and running the army ten miler in the morning.

Won't be around next weekend-will be travelling from here to the US and then will see you all at the Minnesota game!!

GOOD TO BE A BISON!!
get back safe!

No_Skill
10-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Can't wait for homecoming! 8-) :D 8-) :) 8-)

kchats
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
After the season got started it became pretty apparent they would start this way. Question marks were offensive line, passing game, defensive line and Walker's knee. Once it became apparent that Walker was healthy and the lines were very good the wins should be expected. I also thought having one year under Pat Perles as offensive coordinator his play calling has been great. Defense hasn't missed a beat and is even better than last season. The Bison will be 6-0 heading to Minnesota and should compete with them fairly well. Good coaching and game plans is the great equalizer. The players are unflappable as is Coach Bohl which gives them the chance to win every game.

I still say the 5 year transition for I-AA football sucks because this team could go 11-0 or 10-1 only to not be eligible for the playoffs. That isn't right. There is no money in division I-AA's playoffs so they aren't keeping them from a big paycheck anyway.

No_Skill
10-07-2006, 07:57 PM
NDSU must break into the top 10 after this win!

Bisonips
10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
The GSU internet feed stopped and ran advertisments for the last 5 minutes of the game up until about 10 ticks left on the clock. They came back on, said some of their bright spots were decent quarterback mobility and a good first half. Don't know if this was just a technical difficulty, getting all of their ads in, or time for them to collect their composure for the post-game report. Tone of their voices show that they were not expecting to get beat in their house. They are showing good respect for our boys, but are even commenting about how on paper they thought that this game would be a win for them. They were especially impressed with Walkers inability to get rattled and keep a cool head no matter what the situation.

kchats
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
What are thier rushing stats???

65 yards on 32 attempts

wow, that is amazing!!!!

The unstoppable GSU running attack was held to 65 yrds. *Check out my post earlier this week on AGS.com:

I've heard a lot of talk about how awesome the GSU rushing attack is, and granted 241 is pretty damn good. But, NDSU's rushing defense is not too shabby either (1st in I-AA at 29 ypg I believe). So, rather than just rant on about "our two 100 yard backs are gonna run all over you, blabity, blubity, blee" or "our defence only allows 29 ypg, blah blah blah, I did a few calculations to get an estimate of what we can expect. *

Cumulatively, NDSU's opponents gain an average of 123.3 ypg (not counting their spanking by NDSU). Now, we (NDSU) have held these opponents to an average of 29 ypg, which is about 23.5% of thier average rushing ypg. So, if we hold teams to 23.5% of what they normaly gain on the ground then GSU should expect to gain 23.5% of 241 ypg, or 56.7 yards rushing.

GSU fans shouldn't be discouraged by that number, however. After all, that is almost twice what we normally give up. *

Flawless, right? *
:-X

Great post and nice of the Bison to back it up.

Tatanka
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Can't wait for homecoming! *8-) :D 8-) :) 8-)
that dome better be FULL and LOUD

sway1331
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Great win, now need the coaching staff to keep from having a let down in between this in and the matchup with the Goofs

TheBisonator
10-07-2006, 08:01 PM
That was an AMAZING game. Wish I could've listened to it. But I have a very vivid, photogenic imagination, so it's easy for me to get a picture of the game in my mind if I get a play-by-play. I predict that TSN and AGS will both give us a ranking somewhere between 6-8 for next week. This BISON team kicks ASS.

kchats
10-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Jeff,

That is why both programs have been successful. The administration, players and fans expect success and are willing to donate the money in order to be successful. I expect a great game tomorrow. The Bison have more experience in their systems than GSU and that is part of reason they will beat GSU. NDSU's defense is very good against the run so once they force GSU to pass it should tilt to the Bison's favor. The QB has to make plays to win big games and Steve Walker is the better QB in the matchup. Steve Walker has made plays his entire career and will do it again tomorrow. Bison win by 14 points.

Posted by: kchats on 10/06/2006 8:52 PM

From last night on Bison Media Blog. I was a little low on the Bison win though.

No_Skill
10-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Great win, now need the coaching staff to keep from having a let down in between this in and the matchup with the Goofs

Not a chance. *Homecoming game! *Bison will be 6-0 going into Minnesota!!!

Bisonguy
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
NDSU must break into the top 10 after this win!

Depends on what the rest of the top ten does.

NDSU is knocking on the top ten door in most polls, already there in some others.

SDbison
Bison are a solid team. Maybe Kolpack, Halstrom and McFooly are now believers. Yeah, I am sure they all picked GSU to motivate our guys. ::)
With these guys as our friends who needs enemies.
Great job Bison, you guys play as a team and definitely believe in yourselves! I will be at Homecoming and the Gopher game cheering my head off.

TheBisonator
The dome better be at LEAST a near-sellout (17,500-18,000) next week. The team deserves at LEAST that much.

Tatanka
10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
The dome better be at LEAST a near-sellout (17,500-18,000) next week. The team deserves at LEAST that much.
Preach it brother Bisonator!

No_Skill
10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Anyone know what attendance was?

coloradobison
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I will be there with my group of 13 others. Some of us will be tailgating at 8am. Should be a great weekend and a great game!

Bisonguy
10-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Anyone know what attendance was?

Supposedly it was around 15k, but Terry Vandrovec from The Forum said it looked more like 12k in McFeely's blog.

coloradobison
10-07-2006, 08:27 PM
One thought I just had.... We didnt start the game off real well on offense, turnover and a few 3 and outs, got behind by a touchdown on the road but the team didnt give up, battled back, found some momentum and finished the 3 week road trip 3 and 0.

cabis
10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Not sure what our turnover margin is but with all early turnovers and penalties the Bison have put themselves into positions where it would be easy to start pointing fingers and self destructing. That hasn't happened and the fact we are 5-0 shows that this is one hell of a mentally tough team.
Keep it up Bison!

Scooter
10-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Not sure what our turnover margin is but with all early turnovers and penalties the Bison have put themselves into positions where it would be easy to start pointing fingers and self destructing. That hasn't happened and the fact we are 5-0 shows that this is one hell of a mentally tough team.
Keep it up Bison!

Once again, this is the difference between a team that THINKS they are going to win and a team that KNOWS that they are going to win.

I was a little off on my 30-14 NDSU prediction, cabis had it 31-13
Should have been 34-10

dudly
10-07-2006, 10:05 PM
You shouldn't move up that much with this win.
It's a good win, "in name".
But in reality, the knowledgable fan knows that GSU is in the 1st year of a major transition and overhaul(the merits of which are debatable, btw), and that we are not a very good team yet.
As painful as that is for me to say about my alma mater, it is true.
You can't mqake such drastic changes and think that you can do so seamlessly

GEORGIA SOUTHERN WILL BE BACK THOUGH.
BANK!

Gamehunter
10-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Bison are a solid team. Maybe Kolpack, Halstrom and McFooly are now believers. Yeah, I am sure they all picked GSU to motivate our guys. ::)
With these guys as our friends who needs enemies.
Great job Bison, you guys play as a team and definitely believe in yourselves! I will be at Homecoming and the Gopher game cheering my head off.

McFeeley actually picked NDSU to beat GSU in the in-forum Football fling.

humbledeagle
10-08-2006, 01:39 AM
As a LONG time GSU fan, I can honestly say that you guys are one of the best teams I've ever seen play against us in Statesboro. The first half was a good football game, and your guys hung tough. I think we folded completely in the second half and y'all totally dominated that much of the game. I definitely think you'll be a playoff team and possibly make a run to the semis or finals. That QB is impressive as is #9. The "D" really shut us down (along with our new offensive coordinator, he has no clue). I apologize for the fact that some of our fans are obnoxious and completely irrational (you hear me dudly....you have no room to talk because we got our butts kicked!). Y'all have a class program and will be a force in 1-AA for a long time. Glad we don't have to play you again until 2009....we have a LONG way to go! Good luck the rest of the season.
NO COMMENT about the refs, but you guys had NO reason to complain...we got NO help at all from those morons. Our conference has yet to find competent officials...

No_Skill
10-08-2006, 02:01 AM

I give MVSU a 2.5% chance of winning.

1. It's homecoming
2. Coach Bohl is the man
3. We've got Minnesota the following week and we really REALLY want to be 6-0 going into that game.
4. Coach Bohl is the man
5. I will be there, screaming my head off with 17,000+ other Bison Faithfull
6. Coach Bohl is the man

Tatanka
10-08-2006, 02:07 AM

I give MVSU a 2.5% chance of winning.

1. *It's homecoming
2. *Coach Bohl is the man
3. *We've got Minnesota the following week and we really REALLY want to be 6-0 going into that game.
4. *Coach Bohl is the man
5. *I will be there, screaming my head off with 17,000+ other Bison Faithfull
6. *Coach Bohl is the man

After winning a I-A game, a game in the heat of Texas, and a game in perhaps one of the top 5 toughest places to play in I-AA, the dome should be SOLD OUT and LOUD. 17000 would be an insult to this team after this road trip.

No_Skill
10-08-2006, 02:15 AM
I'd love to see it. Recruit all your friends and family to come to the game. I am coming from Bismarck with my wife and best friend, and my brother-in-law is coming from Duluth (all alumni).

Just bought some new green and gold beads and face paint from Party America today. Can't wait to show them off.

Let's rock the dome and give the team a great send-off to the Metrodome!!!

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

BisonMav
10-08-2006, 02:53 AM
As a LONG time GSU fan, I can honestly say that you guys are one of the best teams I've ever seen play against us in Statesboro. *The first half was a good football game, and your guys hung tough. *I think we folded completely in the second half and y'all totally dominated that much of the game. *I definitely think you'll be a playoff team and possibly make a run to the semis or finals. *That QB is impressive as is #9. *The "D" really shut us down (along with our new offensive coordinator, he has no clue). *I apologize for the fact that some of our fans are obnoxious and completely irrational (you hear me dudly....you have no room to talk because we got our butts kicked!). *Y'all have a class program and will be a force in 1-AA for a long time. *Glad we don't have to play you again until 2009....we have a LONG way to go! *Good luck the rest of the season. *
NO COMMENT about the refs, but you guys had NO reason to complain...we got NO help at all from those morons. *Our conference has yet to find competent officials...

Thanks Eagle, good luck the rest of the season.

sambini
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
As a LONG time GSU fan, I can honestly say that you guys are one of the best teams I've ever seen play against us in Statesboro. *The first half was a good football game, and your guys hung tough. *I think we folded completely in the second half and y'all totally dominated that much of the game. *I definitely think you'll be a playoff team and possibly make a run to the semis or finals. *That QB is impressive as is #9. *The "D" really shut us down (along with our new offensive coordinator, he has no clue). *I apologize for the fact that some of our fans are obnoxious and completely irrational (you hear me dudly....you have no room to talk because we got our butts kicked!). *Y'all have a class program and will be a force in 1-AA for a long time. *Glad we don't have to play you again until 2009....we have a LONG way to go! *Good luck the rest of the season. *
NO COMMENT about the refs, but you guys had NO reason to complain...we got NO help at all from those morons. *Our conference has yet to find competent officials...
I just want to say we had a good time down there. And we have all the respect in the world for you folks. Iwas very impressed with the stadium. Those 6 championship flags was impressive. Your tailgating was also. The people were very nice and cordial. We hope to see you in 2009 at the Fargodome. Stop by the BUDWEISER TAILGATING VAN for a Bud. Thanks again and good luck.

kchats
10-08-2006, 03:39 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/recaps/2006/10/07/34205_recap.html

The recap from CNNSI and I found this other interesting tidbit in the article.

STATESBORO, Ga. (AP) -Unbeaten North Dakota State won its fifth straight game behind the play of quarterback Steve Walker and a stifling defense Saturday as it defeated Georgia Southern 34-14.

Walker threw for 171 yards and two touchdowns as the No. 11 Bison handed the Eagles their worst home loss since 1994. Marshall beat Georgia Southern 34-13 that year.

The 65 yards are believed to be a school record low for the Eagles who have led I-AA schools in rushing the last five years and entered this game sixth in the nation at 241 yards per game. Lamar Lewis led Southern with 35 yards on 12 carries.

Bison_Kent
10-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Here are a bunch of highlights from the game, along with some interviews of players and coaches.

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/category.asp?C=78129&nav=menu89_4

coloradobison
10-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks Kent!!

TonkaBison
10-09-2006, 04:42 AM
Humbledeagle you don't have a whole lot to be humbled about! You all played an excellent game and if it hadn't been for your QB going out in the second half who knows how this might have turned out. All I know is that you are a program that is on the rise with a new offense and if the rest of your alumni are patient then the rest of I-AA (including us in 09) better watch out. All I know is that Southern hospitality lives up to everything it stands for!! I had a great time at the game you were all great people to meet and have a good time with. Sorry if we got a little carried away with the cheers at the end of the game (Your house, Our house) football is based on respect and you leave everything on the field.

I hope to come down there again someday it is a great place to play football!!!!