PDA

View Full Version : Are we on the Gopher's radar?

TonkaBison
10-09-2006, 05:44 AM
After sitting here watching the Minneapolis Star Tribune giving us 2 line feeds in the Sport's page (including the Ball State Game) I was shocked to find out that they gave us an entire paragraph after the Georgia Southern game. Are they starting to take notice after all or are they trying to sell more papers?

Here is a link to the article, granted it doesn't seem like much, but it has been a lot more than I have seen for the past few weeks. Maybe they are getting worried? I know some friends who went to the U of M and they are actually tracking how the Bison are doing this year and their smack talk has dropped considerably as each week has gone by. Can we do it!

http://www.startribune.com/513/story/728380.html

scottheck
10-09-2006, 10:24 AM
I thought about this while mowing yesterday. The coaches will be using the "one game at a time", "any given day", "underdog small school looking to knock off the big city school" cliches but I just don't see how the players will buy into it. I think they'll come in coasting.

lakesbison
10-09-2006, 02:17 PM
keep emailing!!!

jshelman@startribune.com <<< he's the SMALL COLLEGE COLUMNIST!!

I have spoke to him in person (i left him my phone # and he called!!)

There HAS to be more pressure on Startribune.com

NO REASON why NDSU should be in there as much as Fergus Falls Tech Scores, WIllmar, etc etc. hell even MORRIS gets a small write up as well as MIAC schools.

roadwarrior
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Same situation as discussed with the Bismarck paper. When the game is in the afternoon, there is much more time to get something into the sunday edition. When the game ends late saturday night, you are not going to see much outside of the Fargo Forum.

jzillmer
10-10-2006, 12:00 AM
After sitting here watching the Minneapolis Star Tribune giving us 2 line feeds in the Sport's page (including the Ball State Game) I was shocked to find out that they gave us an entire paragraph after the Georgia Southern game. *Are they starting to take notice after all or are they trying to sell more papers?

Here is a link to the article, granted it doesn't seem like much, but it has been a lot more than I have seen for the past few weeks. *Maybe they are getting worried? *I know some friends who went to the U of M and they are actually tracking how the Bison are doing this year and their smack talk has dropped considerably as each week has gone by. *Can we do it! *

http://www.startribune.com/513/story/728380.html

I've noticed the same thing at work. The gopher fans still are the ones that bring it up, but each week they are less and less confident that this will be a blowout. I think a part of the reason they bring it up so often is it really is one of the only games they have left on the schedule that they should win. The game came up again this morning until I said that we have a better chance of beating them than they do of winning another big ten game for the rest of the year, and nobody could argue with me. I didn't even have to bring up the fact that there are only about 20 spots between us in the sargian rankings, and that should only shrink between now and the 21st after they go to Wisconsin and we go to 6-0.

No matter what happens I just can't wait for this game, win or lose we are going to open up some eyes in the cities.

That and it's going to be one hell of a party!