PDA

View Full Version : Fall Camp

bisoningrandforks
08-12-2014, 02:02 AM
I know there is limited access to practices but anybody have anything ...haven't heard anything for awhile..thanks!

HerdBot
08-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Having heard anything. The coaching staff and players must be 100% focused. No media. Heck no tweets from any coaches or players. Probably a good thing

SamsRams
08-12-2014, 03:02 AM
Dunk cam is on and popping

HoopsBison
08-12-2014, 03:14 AM
You mean to tell me McFooly hasn't gotten the text yet???

GOBISON123
08-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Dunk cam is on and popping

:rofl: Nobody is safe in the Bison Lockeroom

El_Chapo
08-12-2014, 03:27 AM
Stopped by today and last week, put a couple pics up on fbook. Not much to report! Media can't stay past 5-10 minutes and No injuries is all that matters. Polosak is a blast, loud and motivating. Coach K is running around in huddle and coaching up players individually, bohl was a CEO at the end unlike Klieman.

Beck & Littlejohn look like absolute BEASTS!

bigdaddykane
08-12-2014, 03:30 AM
Stopped by today and last week, put a couple pics up on fbook. Not much to report! Media can't stay past 5-10 minutes and No injuries is all that matters. Polosak is a blast, loud and motivating. Coach K is running around in huddle and coaching up players individually, bohl was a CEO at the end unlike Klieman.

Beck & Littlejohn look like absolute BEASTS!wow I'm sure they look like absolute beasts against your scout O

SamsRams
08-12-2014, 03:57 AM
wow I'm sure they look like absolute beasts against your scout O

NDSUs scout team would piss pound Iowa States starters and run Iowa states scheme better then the Cyclones aka Light Drizzle

ZHerd
08-12-2014, 03:59 AM
When the dust settles it will be interesting to see which redshirts get pulled

bigdaddykane
08-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Besides vraa who does wentz have to throw the ball to?
Edit: do you guys even keep stats?

natstar1
08-12-2014, 04:42 AM

Nobody, easy win for ISU.

No.

Siouxfallsbison
08-12-2014, 06:12 AM

Ask your starting center, he might know of someone.

HerdBot
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Nobody. We will suck. We had a walk on transfer from MSU. Short but tons of upside. Explosive as diarrhea after a day of tailgating. He was quoted as calling Ryan Smith his bitch
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/27/article-2590751-1C9C1C0300000578-970_634x455.jpg

Bisonator98
08-12-2014, 01:30 PM
wow I'm sure they look like absolute beasts against your scout O

ISU couldn't stop a peewee team so you got that going for ya

Bisonator98
08-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Nobody because we will be running it all day.

Yes the big ones like wins!:biggrin:

EC8CH
08-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Championships too!

pucknut9
08-12-2014, 04:49 PM

And Wentz will be one of the runners.

coloradobison
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Vraa - concussion, Gebhart - Hammy, Thorton-groin held out of practice.

per Dom

SDbison
08-12-2014, 05:08 PM

per Dom That is all we get........bad news?

bigdaddykane
08-12-2014, 05:15 PM

per Dom
That's not good

BadlandsBison
08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
That's not good
Nope. Isu 77 - NDSU 5

coloradobison
08-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Hopefully just precautionary stuff with all of them.

More from Dom

HC Chris Klieman added that RJ Urzendowski, Khayvonn Hawkins and Jalen Alison all getting strong consideration on pulling redshirt

Bisonator98
08-12-2014, 06:14 PM

More from Dom

HC Chris Klieman added that RJ Urzendowski, Khayvonn Hawkins and Jalen Alison all getting strong consideration on pulling redshirt

Damn our receiving corp is that weak?

BisonFan02
08-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Sans Vraa, there must be a lot of questions about the returning guys and trying to fill the void left by Smith. The existing guys must not be coming along as well as hoped?

Bisonator98
08-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Sans Vraa, there must be a lot of questions about the returning guys and trying to fill the void left by Smith. The existing guys must not be coming along as well as hoped?

I thought for sure Woods would be a starter from what I saw of him last year. Plus we still have Moody, Gray, Warren and Wrice. Really disappointing if we have to pull 2 RS off recievers.

coloradobison
08-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Someone will have to step up. Have to assume that Vraa will get the bulk of the attention all year so there should be ample opportunity opposite him. Gebhart has been a steady receiver over the years. We saw some from Woods last year but clearly they want more. I don't think any of us know what we have in Gray, Frandsen, Warren or Wrice.

Allison is a CB (as reference for WR discussion)

SDbison
08-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Awwwww crap bdk.........guess NDSU should just forfeit the game........Bison don't have a chance.

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 06:46 PM

Or there is another way to look at it-->the incoming guys are JUST THAT GOOD and will better help us 4-peat than the returning guys. It does happen you know?!

SDbison
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Or there is another way to look at it-->the incoming guys are JUST THAT GOOD and will better help us 4-peat than the returning guys. It does happen you know?! This is more likely the reason.

Bison"FANatic"
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Or there is another way to look at it-->the incoming guys are JUST THAT GOOD and will better help us 4-peat than the returning guys. It does happen you know?!

Rarely at a WR position though. WR is just one of those positions that rookies do not fair well at very often. It seems to be the case a all levels. So much timing, skills, reads and getting on the same page as the Qb's in a new system to accomplish in a short camp. This has to be at least a yellow flag if not a red flag for the upcoming season. It seems there is work to do and some better get to doing it.

lascrs
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM

I like this !!!!!!!

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Rarely at a WR position though. WR is just one of those positions that rookies do not fair well at very often. It seems to be the case a all levels. So much timing, skills, reads and getting on the same page as the Qb's in a new system to accomplish in a short camp. This has to be at least a yellow flag if not a red flag for the upcoming season. It seems there is work to do and some better get to doing it.

Well, there is also this thing called "injury" and we sure as hell seem to have a lot of that with our starting WR's over the last several years. Seemed like every game one of them was hurt, had a hammy or whatever, so if the potential (think skills) is there with the incoming guys, and the concern is there with those returning, I can certainly see why the RS's may get pulled. Give the incomers fall camp and a few more weeks into the season and the timing and reads will be there--we don't have a real complex passing game ya know? The result?! DEPTH at the WR position and less worry about when (not if) one of the so-called starters goes down in practice or during a game.

stevdock
08-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, there is also this thing called "injury" and we sure as hell seem to have a lot of that with our starting WR's over the last several years. Seemed like every game one of them was hurt, had a hammy or whatever, so if the potential (think skills) is there with the incoming guys, and the concern is there with those returning, I can certainly see why the RS's may get pulled. Give the incomers fall camp and a few more weeks into the season and the timing and reads will be there--we don't have a real complex passing game ya know? The result?! DEPTH at the WR position and less worry about when (not if) one of the so-called starters goes down in practice or during a game.

True but no reason to say they are going to be pulled already just because of a potential injury. I just hope that if they do get pulled they get used in games more than both Olson and Smith did 4 years ago.

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 07:08 PM

More from Dom

True but no reason to say they are going to be pulled already just because of a potential injury. I just hope that if they do get pulled they get used in games more than both Olson and Smith did 4 years ago.

BDK and Tranny are gay!

westnodak93bison
08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
BDK and Tranny are gay!
Gay tranny is a double negative?

Siouxfallsbison
08-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Vraa and Gebhart will be the starters. (have said this a million times) Moody and Woods will back them up and they are looking for a slot guy when go three wide.

THEsocalledfan
08-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Vraa and Gebhart will be the starters. (have said this a million times) Moody and Woods will back them up and they are looking for a slot guy when go three wide.

Seem to me we should probably all listen to Siouxfallsbison. After all, Bisonville members who live in Sioux Falls and the surrounding area are better looking, smarter, and more intuitive than all other bisonville members.

Or, I do admit there could be a another reason we should listen.....

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Say it all you want, but if they aren't healthy (which has been a reoccuring theme with them over the years they have been here) they can't and wont be "starters" if they can't play-->consequently, if we can build depth and perhaps rotate more, we won't have as much of a fall-off.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are, but the truth is the truth. Gebhart has not been as reliable of receiver over the years as the coaches would like because of his "reputation (perception?)" for being hurt a lot and not being able to play consistently. I believe personally that is why Brock did not through to him as much last year. If you can't count on someone being there week in and week out, and you get used to and comfortable with other receivers, who will the QB look for and go to more often?! Not to mention more practice reps with "healthy" recievers.

westnodak93bison
08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Interesting how some players are hurt often and others seem bullet proof. Don't think it necessarily has anything to do with toughness either.

THEsocalledfan
08-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Interesting how some players are hurt often and others seem bullet proof. Don't think it necessarily has anything to do with toughness either.

It is the genes; may some CAS fancy jeans can help them?

Siouxfallsbison
08-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Say it all you want, but if they aren't healthy (which has been a reoccuring theme with them over the years they have been here) they can't and wont be "starters" if they can't play-->consequently, if we can build depth and perhaps rotate more, we won't have as much of a fall-off.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are, but the truth is the truth. Gebhart has not been as reliable of receiver over the years as the coaches would like because of his "reputation (perception?)" for being hurt a lot and not being able to play consistently. I believe personally that is why Brock did not through to him as much last year. If you can't count on someone being there week in and week out, and you get used to and comfortable with other receivers, who will the QB look for and go to more often?! Not to mention more practice reps with "healthy" recievers.

Gebhart was not hurt last year. Played in every game so your theory is wrong. Tweaked hammy and will be back in a couple days.

Siouxfallsbison
08-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Gebhart was not hurt last year. Played in every game so your theory is wrong. Tweaked hammy and will be back in a couple days.

CAS4127
08-12-2014, 09:23 PM

I don't disagree, but he was in years prior--hence my reference as to why Brock didn't go to him much last year even though he played and was likely open more than he was thrown to. I hope he stays healthy this year and has a 1000 yard year, I really do.

Siouxfallsbison
08-12-2014, 10:10 PM
i hope so too. Slight strain so should be back on field end of week

bruinbison
08-12-2014, 10:15 PM
http://bcove.me/l3v8qi3j

Dom talks about depth with Coach Klieman

HerdBoy
08-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Bo Liekhus is behind Esley on depth chart? Cool.

Coach Entz talks about fall camp.

http://bcove.me/5zpytqju

BisonFan02
08-12-2014, 10:34 PM
From the BMB:

Klieman also noted true freshman quarterback Easton Stick has shown he’ll be in the competitive mix as a backup.

Good sign I suppose as well? Maybe not this year, but I think Easton keeps the "pressure" so to speak on Carson like Carson did to Brock.

EC8CH
08-12-2014, 10:42 PM
From the BMB:

Good sign I suppose as well? Maybe not this year, but I think Easton keeps the "pressure" so to speak on Carson like Carson did to Brock.

I saw that, but come on... are they really going to pull Stick's redshirt just to backup Wentz who is only a Junior? I'd be shocked if that happened.

HerdBot
08-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Bo Liekhus is behind Esley on depth chart? Cool.

Coach Entz talks about fall camp.

http://bcove.me/5zpytqju

Bit of a suprise but encouraging. Kids fast obviously since he was playing in the secondary and by the looks of his special teams play last year he hits like a tank

I suppose PGT missed spring ball with an injury after getting hurt last year so he's probably playing catch up. Next year I am feeling confident about the linebackers

Klieman said Grant Morgan had a great week as well.

BisonFan02
08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
I saw that, but come on... are they really going to pull Stick's redshirt just to backup Wentz who is only a Junior? I'd be shocked if that happened.

Agree...unless he stands on the sideline and holds the clipboard all year.

stevdock
08-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Agree...unless he stands on the sideline and holds the clipboard all year.

Only so many people are allowed to be on the sidelines (especially on the road) and I can't imagine they are going to waste a spot on who will hopefully be 4th string QB. At least for this year.

GOBISON123
08-13-2014, 02:44 AM
Do any of our coaches talk to Billy Turner, Marcus Williams, Bryan Shepard, Craig Dahl, Ramon Humber, Matt Veldman and other Bison's in NFL to find out what new techniques they are learning which was not taught here in NDSU and try and incorporate that during the practice drills so that the new kids are better than where we were few years ago...just a thought ?

ZHerd
08-13-2014, 02:45 AM

Unless he is good enough to our duel Wentz for the 1st string spot it would be a complete waste.

HerdBot
08-13-2014, 02:51 AM
Unless he is good enough to our duel Wentz for the 1st string spot it would be a complete waste.

Unless of course Wentz gets hurt anf he can come I'm to save the season

ZHerd
08-13-2014, 03:07 AM

Which would be true if our two backups stank but from what I have heard they are decent.

bri-dog
08-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Klieman also noted true freshman quarterback Easton Stick has shown he’ll be in the competitive mix as a backup.

I hope they don't have to pull his redshirt. Maybe he's just sending a little message to McGinnis and Davis that they better bust their asses...

EC8CH
08-13-2014, 03:21 AM
I hope they don't have to pull his redshirt. Maybe he's just sending a little message to McGinnis and Davis that they better bust their asses...

This is what I took away from that comment.

NDSU1980
08-13-2014, 03:24 AM
We've got two guys willing to play if Wentz can't. We've come a long ways from the dark days of 2008

natstar1
08-13-2014, 03:35 AM
We've got two guys willing to play if Wentz can't. We've come a long ways from the dark days of 2008
I'm willing to play too.

Mr. Burgundy
08-13-2014, 03:55 AM

I believe he will have a big year. He's due to put it on the field. He needs to be healthy during the week. Build rapport with Carson. He's always got a nagging injury. Hope he can shake it and he can put on a big and healthy season like Feldman did his senior year.

westnodak93bison
08-13-2014, 03:59 AM
I believe he will have a big year. He's due to put it on the field. He needs to be healthy during the week. Build rapport with Carson. He's always got a nagging injury. Hope he can shake it and he can put on a big and healthy season like Feldman did his senior year.
Who is this Feldman character you speak of? Did he play in the 60's?

bri-dog
08-13-2014, 04:02 AM
http://www.unsungfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/feldman04.jpg

MNLonghorn10
08-13-2014, 04:06 AM
He was a hard hat, lunch pale type of receiver.
http://www.statesidestills.com/prodimages/feldman_corey_the_goonies_46325l.jpg

HerdBot
08-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Who is this Feldman character you speak of? Did he play in the 60's?

Predictive text based on prior typing. Me things Burgundy talks ALOT about Corey Feldman! :rofl:

Now if he takes about our center Hain I'll be worried

HerdBot
08-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Sure has been quiet on camp. 2 weeks and 2 days to go. The lack of info is driving me nuts.

BadlandsBison
08-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Sure has been quiet on camp. 2 weeks and 2 days to go. The lack of info is driving me nuts.
Its a good thing. At least on my opinion. Dom and Jeff will have a lot more info after the Saturday scrimmage even though its closed.

ZHerd
08-14-2014, 11:25 PM

Weatherwise its been a cakewalk compared to last year

Herd890
08-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but is Levi Hoiby still on the team? I see he is no longer listed on the roster.

SamsRams
08-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but is Levi Hoiby still on the team? I see he is no longer listed on the roster.
Correct, he is off the team. Was diagnosed with a medical condition that prevents him from playing anymore

SDbison
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
I noticed DE Alex Fontaine, 6-2, 230, Jr. from West Fargo is no longer on the roster. He was on the roster at start of fall camp. Did I miss some news regarding him?

Bisonwinagn
08-17-2014, 01:50 AM
I don't remember this guy? Anyone have info?

Linebacker Kurt Mattox led the defense with seven stops including one sack and another tackle for loss.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/16/FB_0816140515.aspx

bigdaddykane
08-17-2014, 02:36 AM
not trolling here, whats Vraa's status for the game?

aces1180
08-17-2014, 02:51 AM

He's out, so no need to game plan for him...Same with Crockett, Wentz, Heagle, Littlejohn, Emanuel, Beck and Frazier.

HerdBoy
08-17-2014, 03:24 AM
I don't remember this guy? Anyone have info?

Linebacker Kurt Mattox led the defense with seven stops including one sack and another tackle for loss.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/16/FB_0816140515.aspx

Kurt Mattox is one of players too me that stood out in the spring game.

NDSU1980
08-17-2014, 03:31 AM
He's out, so no need to game plan for him...Same with Crockett, Wentz, Heagle, Littlejohn, Emanuel, Beck and Frazier.
Looks like the troll thinks he can rehabilitate his image. That ship sailed a long time ago. Maybe PL needs to bring certain things up again.

56BISON73
08-17-2014, 03:59 AM

You forget our deal?

344Johnson
08-17-2014, 04:06 AM
You forget our deal?

What was the deal?

BisonFanMan10
08-17-2014, 04:55 AM
I noticed DE Alex Fontaine, 6-2, 230, Jr. from West Fargo is no longer on the roster. He was on the roster at start of fall camp. Did I miss some news regarding him?

He left the team earlier this week.

ZHerd
08-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Nice to see Menard get 2 sacks. His highschool highlights were impressive. He is high motor, explosive and aggressive. I won't be even slightly surprised if two years from now he is the most disruptive guy on our defense. Just needs to bulk up a little. http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/16/FB_0816140515.aspx?path=football

Christopher Moen
08-17-2014, 09:43 AM

Ah crap, that means the Bison will only win by 20.

natstar1
08-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Nice to see Menard get 2 sacks. His highschool highlights were impressive. He is high motor, explosive and aggressive. I won't be even slightly surprised if two years from now he is the most disruptive guy on our defense. Just needs to bulk up a little. http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/16/FB_0816140515.aspx?path=football
just turned 18 in july too. young kid.

bison_by_blood
08-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Its a good thing. At least on my opinion. Dom and Jeff will have a lot more info after the Saturday scrimmage even though its closed.

Or not. Has there been any coverage besides the gobison article?

coloradobison
08-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Updates coming sometime today after talking with Klieman. Not sure if the weekly pressers start today or not, but they are speaking to coach today they said.

THEsocalledfan
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
New blog post:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90720

ndsubison1
08-20-2014, 01:24 AM
I heard Beck had surgery today. Out a week or two maybe

EC8CH
08-20-2014, 01:34 AM

He was walking around at fan day.

Wasn't even wearing street clothes or anything :-P

Mr. Burgundy
08-20-2014, 01:47 AM

He's playing.

56BISON73
08-20-2014, 02:44 AM

You got the text????????:biggrin:

unbison
08-20-2014, 09:48 AM
You got the text????????:biggrin:
is that your go to line?
Just because your to old to text? :) or is there something to the rumors they have yet to figure that out in Arkansas

Tatanka
08-20-2014, 10:44 AM
is that your go to line?
Just because your to old to text? :) or is there something to the rumors they have yet to figure that out in Arkansas

Pro tip:
You'll have to put that into Morse code if you want it to cross the Arkansas state line.

TransAmBison
08-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Pro tip:
You'll have to put that into Morse code if you want it to cross the Arkansas state line.That's just for the young punks. Drawings on cave walls is still SOP.

StL Bison Fan
08-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Pro tip:
You'll have to put that into Morse code if you want it to cross the Arkansas state line.

Did they get 'tricity in Arkansas?!?! Well, weeee doggy!

natstar1
08-20-2014, 06:45 PM
maybe reported elsewhere

Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
Running back Chase Morlock had meniscus surgery earlier this week, still expected to play at Iowa State in opener.

56BISON73
08-20-2014, 06:49 PM
is that your go to line?

Let me see what I am missing here. You text on a phone correct? Why? :biggrin:

56BISON73
08-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Pro tip:

Some of us took the advanced course. Unfortunately not many down here took the course.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0E77vRTZ34A7ghXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0 b2ozb21lBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ1OV8x?_ adv_prop=image&fr=moz35&va=naval+flag+signals

ndsubison1
08-20-2014, 08:00 PM
He was walking around at fan day.

Wasn't even wearing street clothes or anything :-P

My bad, I worded it wrong. Not sure when it was just heard about it yesterday

RedRiver
08-21-2014, 12:01 AM
maybe reported elsewhere

Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
Running back Chase Morlock had meniscus surgery earlier this week, still expected to play at Iowa State in opener.
Reported tonight also on the 6PM sports. Not sure if this will change the planned rotation for Iowa State.

Tatanka
08-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Nice to have three solid options!
Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

El_Chapo
08-21-2014, 01:28 AM
Beck would need an amputation not to play in this game, chase says he will play. But personally this is a Crockett/Frazier game. Frazier wants to show the big 12 what they are missing

westnodak93bison
08-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Beck would need an amputation not to play in this game, chase says he will play. But personally this is a Crockett/Frazier game. Frazier wants to show the big 12 what they are missing

I hope King and the other guys are out there to win. Period. Personal performances aside. This is a team game and one big reason I love Bison football. Say no to the prima donna.
As Gus Bradley would say "Just do your f-ing job!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cbpsrN52_o

EC8CH
08-21-2014, 01:52 AM
I hope King and the other guys are out there to win. Period. Personal performances aside. This is a team game and one big reason I love Bison football. Say no to the prima donna.
As Gus Bradley would say "Just do your f-ing job!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cbpsrN52_o

More likely el chapo's ego is overflowing and dripping onto his perception of Frazier's motivations.

El_Chapo
08-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Oh shut up, of course he's a bison!!! He came here for a reason. A) to win B) to prove his haters wrong.
GO GET EM KING!

bri-dog
08-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Polasek's video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU6zLRnLk1k&feature=youtu.be

BisonFan2010
08-21-2014, 05:14 PM
I thought I was excited for the season to start before. Watching and listening to Polasek's video gave me the chills, I'm so excited now for this season.
GO BISON!!!

Bison53
08-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Levi has Mono what I've heard.

SDbison
08-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Was there a scrimmage on Saturday? If not, why? If so, where is the media coverage (I know they must be tired of being shut out for live shots) Still need an update on how things are progressing. Did Wentz do well? How are lines coming along, receivers, RB's, etc.? No injuries? I assume this week is normal game week planning. What kind of cyclone offense will the defense be preparing for to stop the Man-gina?

scottietohottie
08-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Wasn't the scrimmage last weekend and yeah gobison.com has been real D2 as of late.

SDbison
08-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Wasn't the scrimmage last weekend and yeah gobison.com has been real D2 as of late. I thought there was more than one scrimmage during fall camp. Might have been just during the middle two weekends. Even if no scrimmage this past weekend what is going on in preparation for next weeks game? Everybody looking good, no nagging injuries, etc.?

SDbison
08-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Is Fargo media on vacation? Last we heard out of Kolpack and company was the ice bucket challenge mid last week. WTF?

scottietohottie
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Is Fargo media on vacation? Last we heard out of Kolpack and company was the ice bucket challenge mid last week. WTF?
Haven't you herd about "the game"? Duh why would anyone care what the 3 time defending champions are going to do this year with such an epic game in store for next year. The media reports what is important. Nobody cares about this season didn't you notice how awesome ewu looked yesterday this Bison team doesn't stand a chance I just hope they can squeak out a field goal against a mighty big 12 school next weekend. Going to be lucky to win one game all season with all the big sky teams on the schedule. (Purple font)

SDbison
08-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Haven't you herd about "the game"? Duh why would anyone care what the 3 time defending champions are going to do this year with such an epic game in store for next year. The media reports what is important. Nobody cares about this season didn't you notice how awesome ewu looked yesterday this Bison team doesn't stand a chance I just hope they can squeak out a field goal against a mighty big 12 school next weekend. Going to be lucky to win one game all season with all the big sky teams on the schedule. (Purple font) Watching that game yesterday I lol'ed how both teams apparently don't practice to improve their defense. Poor coverage, poor tackling, poor gap control. I am starting to believe they let each other score so they can do more end zone celebrations. No way a flag doesn't get dropped in MVFC for excessive celebration after most of that crap yesterday. Bunch of undisciplined and selfish players at SHSU and EWU. All sorts of penalties and sloppy play.

SDbison
08-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Haven't you herd about "the game"? Duh why would anyone care what the 3 time defending champions are going to do this year with such an epic game in store for next year. The media reports what is important. Nobody cares about this season didn't you notice how awesome ewu looked yesterday this Bison team doesn't stand a chance I just hope they can squeak out a field goal against a mighty big 12 school next weekend. Going to be lucky to win one game all season with all the big sky teams on the schedule. (Purple font) Since lack of videos and coverage I had to watch the Kansas State game for the 10th time. Here is a 720p full game video for a game week fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_nuV6ZwHY

KilldeerBison
08-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Watching that game yesterday I lol'ed how both teams apparently don't practice to improve their defense. Poor coverage, poor tackling, poor gap control. I am starting to believe they let each other score so they can do more end zone celebrations. No way a flag doesn't get dropped in MVFC for excessive celebration after most of that crap yesterday. Bunch of undisciplined and selfish players at SHSU and EWU. All sorts of penalties and sloppy play.
This. Plus the time the official stopped play and warned EW to stop playing loud music when SHSU was on offense. Again, typical big fluff bush league.

HerdBoy
08-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Watching that game yesterday I lol'ed how both teams apparently don't practice to improve their defense. Poor coverage, poor tackling, poor gap control. I am starting to believe they let each other score so they can do more end zone celebrations. No way a flag doesn't get dropped in MVFC for excessive celebration after most of that crap yesterday. Bunch of undisciplined and selfish players at SHSU and EWU. All sorts of penalties and sloppy play.

There was a pushing match after almost every play. As you mention no discipline.

HerdBot
08-24-2014, 05:28 PM

This is the quietest it's ever been on the verge of a game. I think much of that has to do with Klieman who seems to actually coach the players instead of spending time on radio. You can tell he's focused on the game and not other bullshit. I respect that. (Even the UN_ press conference seemed to annoy him)

What's most disappointing is the marketing department. A week before the season and they haven't even put out a promo or hype video. Pathetic. Obviously the interim AD has zero leadership skills and nobody on staff has any interest in picking up the slack. Total complacency

We need an ad now

scottietohottie
08-24-2014, 05:56 PM
There better be a press conference tomorrow made available to watch online or I'm going to go crazy. Game Week!

BisonNation11
08-24-2014, 06:01 PM
With all tickets being sold out before noon, losing our video guy, and coming off a 3peat, what promo do you want? They have the gold rush games, code green games and alternating games all planned already. New jerseys that they're promoting. The entire Bison Pride promotion project. It's not like they've been sitting on their hands. An AD wouldn't change anything.

As far as camp news is concerned, Kleiman obviously runs a tight ship. This is the Monday before the game so there will be a presser. We'll find out everything we want to know I'm sure including a final depth chart.

56BISON73
08-24-2014, 06:03 PM
This is the quietest it's ever been on the verge of a game. I think much of that has to do with Klieman who seems to actually coach the players instead of spending time on radio. You can tell he's focused on the game and not other bullshit. I respect that. (Even the UN_ press conference seemed to annoy him)

What's most disappointing is the marketing department. A week before the season and they haven't even put out a promo or hype video. Pathetic. Obviously the interim AD has zero leadership skills and nobody on staff has any interest in picking up the slack. Total complacency

We need an ad now

What type of ad do you want----Come to Ames?

SDbison
08-24-2014, 06:11 PM
With all tickets being sold out before noon, losing our video guy, and coming off a 3peat, what promo do you want? They have the gold rush games, code green games and alternating games all planned already. New jerseys that they're promoting. The entire Bison Pride promotion project. It's not like they've been sitting on their hands. An AD wouldn't change anything.

As far as camp news is concerned, Kleiman obviously runs a tight ship. This is the Monday before the game so there will be a presser. We'll find out everything we want to know I'm sure including a final depth chart. Give me a break! There are still fans to win over, videos to inspire non team makers to sign up, and video to just simply entertain fans. Complacency and excuses abound.

HerdBot
08-24-2014, 06:13 PM

Hype videos and branding commercials like we ran the last 2 years. Still need to promote the team despite sellouts IMO

scottietohottie
08-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Pretty sure last year they had a camera follow Ryan Smith and Marcus Williams around for a day and put it up on website. I'm sure nobody would watch if they did that with Dudzik or Heagle, or Vraa. They also announced last weeks scrimmage on website but then never followed up with any report at all besides a stupid press conference about nothing but a pickup game for next year. Just saying I expected more. I also remember a build up promo last year for the kstate game. Guess what NDSU still needs to recruit kids and keep the brand out there. They did do the Bison pride thing but haven't seen a follow up on that either. This time of the year Bison football should be front and center on the website.

HerdBot
08-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Give me a break! There are still fans to win over, videos to inspire non team makers to sign up, and video to just simply entertain fans. Complacency and excuses abound.

This ^^^^^^^

ndsubison1
08-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Was there a scrimmage on Saturday? If not, why? If so, where is the media coverage (I know they must be tired of being shut out for live shots) Still need an update on how things are progressing. Did Wentz do well? How are lines coming along, receivers, RB's, etc.? No injuries? I assume this week is normal game week planning. What kind of cyclone offense will the defense be preparing for to stop the Man-gina?

an offense similar to YSUs last year

A1pigskin
08-24-2014, 07:30 PM
There doesn't seem to be much press this year. Is this a strategic move?

El_Chapo
08-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes very strategic

westnodak93bison
08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Just for fun they could replay "Hooray For Ames" a hundred times

Anybody have that link?

Bisonguy
08-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Just for fun they could replay "Hooray For Ames" a hundred times

Anybody have that link?

They keep pulling it from YouTube due to creative license violations or some other bullshit excuse for being embarrassed about it.

I have a copy of it if anyone wants to upload it again.