aces1180
08-08-2014, 04:32 PM
http://bit.ly/1uvrcoo

Top 2 FSC powers ink 2 game deal. 2016 in Fargo, 2017 in Cheney

LOL...Thanks GT!

UN_ fans are going to flip the f' out!

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Yep and the 2015 fbs game should be coming.

Prakash is the man until David Crum takes over August 29th (total speculation btw!)

aces1180
08-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Yep and the 2015 fbs game should be coming.

Prakash is the man until David Crum takes over August 29th (total speculation btw!)

This has GT's hands all over it! You know he was going to put the screws to UN_ before he left!

I'd prefer a home game in 2015, but whatever fills our schedule.

thebigund
08-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Should've inked this series so last years seniors would have been able to play in it. The youngsters on NDSUs team won't understand the hate.

HandoEX
08-08-2014, 04:43 PM
OMG, this is awesome!!!

AKBison
08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
F'ing sweet! GT just kicked the door down as he left the building with a giant middle finger pointed North.

Bisonator98
08-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Not looking forward to the return to the tampon. What's the buyout on the return game? :hide:

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 05:21 PM
This is false there has been zero talks especially since gene taylor knew he was going to iowa (which was in late april/may) and prak ash won't make that decision

NDSU v EWU makes alot of sense top 2 teams for last 4 years

BadlandsBison
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Dom said the Western Carolina game was moved to Thursday.........................................?

Why??? TV?

gumby013
08-08-2014, 05:24 PM
No Adams, no Wentz. There will be a lot of debate for the next two years.

Stick?

aces1180
08-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Dom said the Western Carolina game was moved to Thursday.........................................?

Why??? TV?

Labor Day weekend...Lots of folks leave town for the lake?

NDSUstudent
08-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Why??? TV?

Labor Day weekend.

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Why??? TV?

Football game? didn't know we were playing Western Carolina.

Hah it would be hilarious if somehow we had a home and home with all the Big Sky Teams except UN_. That would really grind their gears. Of course that would take quite a few years and keep Lak.. ElChapo happy too!

coldspot
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Should've inked this series so last years seniors would have been able to play in it. The youngsters on NDSUs team won't understand the hate.

you don't think coach K wont have that game film fired up during film day leading up to that game? all those youngsters will understand the hate after seeing that game film.

aces1180
08-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Football game? didn't know we were playing Western Carolina.

Hah it would be hilarious if somehow we had a home and home with all the Big Sky Teams except UN_. That would really grind their gears. Of course that would take quite a few years and keep Lak.. ElChapo happy too!

This game was actually supposed to be played last season...They moved the game and DSU was scheduled instead...Basically, they missed a chance to be on GameDay!

BadlandsBison
08-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Labor Day weekend...Lots of folks leave town for the lake?

Not a fan of this move. I'm being selfish though :)

moosbah
08-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Too bad this self promoting whore will be manning the counter at a Pamida between AFL games by then.

http://bigplayva.tumblr.com/

thebigund
08-08-2014, 06:22 PM
you don't think coach K wont have that game film fired up during film day leading up to that game? all those youngsters will understand the hate after seeing that game film.

But they weren't there. They didn't feel the dispare. Olsen and his boys would have slaughtered EWU on emotion alone. They could've named the score and probably would have pitched a shutout. I'm sure the youngsters will be motivated but nothing like what last years team would have been.

BadlandsBison
08-08-2014, 06:23 PM
But they weren't there. They didn't feel the dispare. Olsen and his boys would have slaughtered EWU on emotion alone. They could've named the score and probably would have pitched a shutout. I'm sure the youngsters will be motivated but nothing like what last years team would have been.

Olson is still a coach. Trust me, the coaching staff understands how to motivate

moosbah
08-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Olson is still a coach. Trust me, the coaching staff understands how to motivate

Skype in Brock, he'll quickly motivate them for anything EWU related.

NDSUstudent
08-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Where are the EWU trolls at? Surprised they aren't here yet.

BadlandsGrizFan
08-08-2014, 06:34 PM

That is because they have a total of 15 fans...5 of which own computers...the other 10 cant put down their meth pipes long enough to read the internet...or even read anything for that matter.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
08-08-2014, 06:39 PM

I am going to publicaly admit this.. probably will never happen again.. but I gave you + rep, for actually saying something half worthwhile.

NDSUstudent
08-08-2014, 06:46 PM
2013: EWU 35 UN_ 14 at Grand Forks
2012: EWU 55 UN_ 17 at Tampon Field

Yep we are a clearly terrified of UN_'s greatness.

roadwarrior
08-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Why??? TV?

The date was set when the game was re-scheduled early in 2013.

http://gobison.com/news/2013/2/8/37530.aspx?path=football

Screamin_Eagle174
08-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Love it! Go Eags!

IBleedYellow
08-08-2014, 08:17 PM
This is awesome. EWU has a Home and Home schedule with UNI as well. If you want to stay a top dog, you have to constantly be wanting to improve and playing tough competition. EWU is wanting to do that and so are we with playing UM EWU etc. This is great all around.

Plus I'd like to make the series 2-1 in favor of NDSU. :praying:

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
08-08-2014, 08:21 PM
11,700 record attendance 41564157 not going to cut it there will be a lot of Bison roaming to Cheney to watch a long overdue ass kicking lets hope the 18,000 seat stadium gateway project is actually happening and will be done by 2017

Bison03
08-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I could see a lot of last years seniors (ones who aren't playing football professionally) come back and be in attendance for that 2016 game at the dome. I know it is a completely different team but you know those guys still have a little bit of hatred for that game. I'm glad they got the games scheduled. Nobody can say that we only schedule cupcake non conference games.

AKBison
08-08-2014, 08:44 PM
11,700 record attendance 41564157 not going to cut it there will be a lot of Bison roaming to Cheney to watch a long overdue ass kicking lets hope the 18,000 seat stadium gateway project is actually happening and will be done by 2017

Yep, this is a game I could see myself going to. Get that stadium done EWU!

Screamin_Eagle174
08-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Yep, this is a game I could see myself going to. Get that stadium done EWU!

We're trying. There hasn't been much mention of it by the powers-that-be, as it's in the fundraising stage right now. I've heard through the pipeline though that progress is being made, and there will be an announcement during halftime of the FCS Kickoff on Aug 23.

BadlandsGrizFan
08-08-2014, 08:55 PM
We're trying. There hasn't been much mention of it by the powers-that-be, as it's in the fundraising stage right now. I've heard through the pipeline though that progress is being made, and there will be an announcement during halftime of the FCS Kickoff on Aug 23.

And that announcement will undoubtedly be....SORRY FANS...WE ONLY RAISED 1/4 OF THE NEEDED FUNDS....WE WILL NOT BE MAKING THE UPGRADES....AND EVERYONE HAS ONCE AGAIN GONE BACK TO NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT EWHO FOOTBALL SINCE VA LEFT!

Milkman
08-08-2014, 09:16 PM
I propose this cut out as motivation.

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Bill Fette to flip opening cointoss. Then $20/tomato for a toss from stands. We'd sell enough to fund a new stadium!

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Meh. Fbs game> this

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Meh. Fbs game> this

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You just scared me, what if we are reverting to d2 days and avoiding a fbs in 15 & 17! That would royally piss me off

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2014, 11:16 PM
You just scared me, what if we are reverting to d2 days and avoiding a fbs in 15 & 17! That would royally piss me off

Its happening. FBS teams will quit scheduling FBS powers with the fear of nothing to gain.

After Iowa in 2016, NDSU is gonna be stuck with making home and home games with FCS schools.

I pray that the FBS wheels are turning and not stuck.

HerdBot
08-09-2014, 02:45 AM
This has nothing to do with UND. It has to do with getting a prime matchup on espn. Ndsu UN_ would not be appealing to espn. Here it would be huge. Nationally it's a non factor

Bisonwinagn
08-09-2014, 03:59 AM
I think I saw 2 posts on EWU in the first 10 pages. Well done!!! This Home and Home series is great and I'm already looking forward to it.

Hammersmith
08-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Just say no to 2015. Wouldn't that give us 3 ooc games with the Big Sky?
In the same year? No. Montana, Western Carolina(assuming they don't chicken out), and OOC#3.

ewuranger
08-09-2014, 05:42 AM

Not sure why anyone would be trolling, this is great news. Our AD has done a great job the past couple of years scheduling H & H's with quality non-conference opponents. SHSU this year and last, a home and home with UNI for '14 and '15, and now this series with NDSU. Good stuff.

Personally, I'd like to see this matchup prior to 2016, but I'll still take it.

Bison03
08-09-2014, 06:01 AM
The difference between EWU and UND. EWU I've hated since the playoff game in 2010. But they are a quality FCS team with a championship, who I respect and can't wait to see the Bison play them again. UND I've hated for decades, but they are are a bottom feeder FCS team who hasn't accomplished anything in DI who comes with a lot of baggage who I could care less if we play them a again.

bruinbison
08-09-2014, 03:44 PM
In Matchup of FCS Powerhouses, Eagles Will Play NDSU in 2016 and 2017

Winners of the last four FCS titles, Eastern and Bison will square off in Fargo in 2016 and in Cheney in 2017

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/14fbAug8NDSU

"We are extremely excited to schedule a home and home with North Dakota State," said Eastern athletic director Bill Chaves. "We have such tremendous respect for what the Bison have accomplished over the past several seasons. By playing a series like this, we hope that it can help to continue to elevate the FCS brand throughout the country."

El_Chapo
08-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey this is the stupid fuzzy red birds from meth factory Cheney (Yes it's like a poor man's watertown south dakota)

Gotta get this thread back on track with some smack.... there's a thread for the rest of you d2 ' ers to talk about your favorite team that's 5000 posts long

Scooter1
08-09-2014, 04:01 PM
This should be a great game! EWU seams to be scheduling good competition for non conference games. I commend them for that. The NDSU team in 2016 should be amazing. I see a ton of young D linemen...Ambrosius, Williams, Hahn, Farnlof, Morgan, Tanguay, Jones, Menard, Tushka, Mesner who will be seasoned come 2016. For the O line... Plankers, Johnson, Polson, Ziemer, Kuhnert, Lechler, Triplett, Conner....there will be no shortage of 300+ guys to plug into the offensive line. If I were a team playing NDSU, the thought of Morlock and Frasier lined up behind an O line that will probably average 310+ is daunting.

When I look at the underclassmen for the Bison, I don't see one position that is going to be a weakness. QB, RB, OL, TE, WR, S, CB, LB, DL all appear to have guys that we are excited about seeing play this season. I can only imagine how much the incoming class next season will help. Judging from the verbals we have received just out of MN, the future looks pretty damn good to be a Bison fan.

One thing that I like is the apparent depth that we have in the safety position. We have an established (Future NDSU hall of fame) player in Dudzik who we are toying with giving time in the slot position. You don't consider this move unless there is minimal drop off with the back up safeties. I think that this is an indication that NDSU has better backup players at this spot than most teams have starting. That is a good problem to have.

BISON Thunder
08-10-2014, 12:50 AM
http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/14fbAug8NDSU

"We are extremely excited to schedule a home and home with North Dakota State," said Eastern athletic director Bill Chaves. "We have such tremendous respect for what the Bison have accomplished over the past several seasons. By playing a series like this, we hope that it can help to continue to elevate the FCS brand throughout the country."

I hope we find an athletic director with like kind thinking. I love that these games are scheduled...more of these kinds of series are what is needed for FCS to remain exciting on a national basis. Kudos to Sam Houston, Northern Iowa and Montana for their commitment too.

tony
08-10-2014, 05:15 PM
This thread is for talking about the EWU game. I moved out the non-EWU posts.

Anyway, a good scheduling move to get two premiere FCS programs together.

scottietohottie
08-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Well the only reason we talking 4peat instead of 5peat is because of ewu hopefully we talking 6peat by the time the game is played!

scottietohottie
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Something tells me ewu vs NDSU happens before 2016

El_Chapo
08-10-2014, 06:16 PM
They showed the final play fumble, he was so down it's not even funny!!! Argh we owe them

Screamin_Eagle174
08-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Too bad this series doesn't start in 2015, as Vernon Adams would get to play in it. At least Bison fans will get to enjoy watching one of the greats in Cooper Kupp as a senior.

Hopefully we'll meet in the playoffs this year or next.

ewuranger
08-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Something tells me ewu vs NDSU happens before 2016

I'm thinking (and hoping) the same. Meeting in the playoffs in 2014 and 2015 would just add that much more drama for a regular season matchup in 2016. I'd at least like to play you guys before Adams graduates. Even so, I think we've got 1 or 2 really good QB's waiting for their chance so I expect this game to be competitive either way.

StL Bison Fan
08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking (and hoping) the same. Meeting in the playoffs in 2014 and 2015 would just add that much more drama for a regular season matchup in 2016. I'd at least like to play you guys before Adams graduates. Even so, I think we've got 1 or 2 really good QB's waiting for their chance so I expect this game to be competitive either way.
Ewuranger- I know we will travel to your place but what about your fans? Will they come to ND? Love to have them in the tailgate lot as our guests.

ewuranger
08-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Ewuranger- I know we will travel to your place but what about your fans? Will they come to ND? Love to have them in the tailgate lot as our guests.

That's a good question. It is obviously a trek. We travel reasonably well, especially in and around the Pacific Northwest, but I doubt there will be a lot of red in the stands in Fargo. If I had to guess, we probably had 50-100 folks travel to the UND game this year and some of those probably came on the charter. If the stadium expansion is complete by 2017, then I'd imagine there will be plenty of tickets to the game in Cheney. If not, then they may be hard to come by as most of the home games have been selling out.

Edit - Would love to try and make it to this game. Just gotta see what the work schedule will be like (looking into crystal ball).

Tatanka
08-10-2014, 11:57 PM
That's a good question. It is obviously a trek. We travel reasonably well, especially in and around the Pacific Northwest, but I doubt there will be a lot of red in the stands in Fargo. If I had to guess, we probably had 50-100 folks travel to the UND game this year and some of those probably came on the charter. If the stadium expansion is complete by 2017, then I'd imagine there will be plenty of tickets to the game in Cheney. If not, then they may be hard to come by as most of the home games have been selling out.

Well, to be fair, that was for UND. I would hope you guys could travel to Fargo for a real tailgate scene and dare I say a whale of a football game.

ewuranger
08-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Well, to be fair, that was for UND. I would hope you guys could travel to Fargo for a real tailgate scene and dare I say a whale of a football game.

That's a good point. I'd imagine the excitement surrounding this game will be much more than it would for a UND-type game. Hopefully both teams are still at or near the top of their game by then.

ewuranger
08-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Hey this is the stupid fuzzy red birds from meth factory Cheney (Yes it's like a poor man's watertown south dakota)

Gotta get this thread back on track with some smack.... there's a thread for the rest of you d2 ' ers to talk about your favorite team that's 5000 posts long

I'm not here to smack, but there is no meth problem at EWU. That's an egriz perpetuated myth. Which is ironic, considering Montana ranks #2 in the nation for teenage and adult meth users.

scottietohottie
08-11-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm not here to smack, but there is no meth problem at EWU. That's an egriz perpetuated myth. Which is ironic, considering Montana ranks #2 in the nation for teenage and adult meth users.
I'm here to talk smack, wouldn't you have to be on meth to paint your field red?

56BISON73
08-11-2014, 12:16 AM
They showed the final play fumble, he was so down it's not even funny!!! Argh we owe them

Them? They didnt make the call. The refs did.

DePereBisonFan
08-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Not sure why anyone would be trolling, this is great news. Our AD has done a great job the past couple of years scheduling H & H's with quality non-conference opponents. SHSU this year and last, a home and home with UNI for '14 and '15, and now this series with NDSU. Good stuff.

Personally, I'd like to see this matchup prior to 2016, but I'll still take it.

That is a super job by your AD. Those matchups set a high bar for the rest of FCS.

NDSU1980
08-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Should've inked this series so last years seniors would have been able to play in it. The youngsters on NDSUs team won't understand the hate.Some of the youngsters don't understand the hate for UN_ either, but we keep reminding them. When you're a bunch of asshats un ewu or UN_, it's easy to remind them why they are the scum of the earth. Oh, and check neg rep.

56BISON73
08-11-2014, 03:35 AM

You guys keep demanding and it will be a lot longer.

El_Chapo
08-11-2014, 03:40 AM
I'm here to talk smack, wouldn't you have to be on meth to paint your field red?

I lol'd. Red

scottietohottie
08-11-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure NDSU started the trend of painting the field team colors like over a hundred years ago. That's right NDSU plays on a green field.

westnodak93bison
08-11-2014, 12:19 PM
You have to experienced the red field in person. Way worse than on TV IMHO. Not kidding it will make you nauseous. On top of that they had/have the most annoying PA guy.

coldspot
08-11-2014, 12:55 PM
You have to experienced the red field in person. Way worse than on TV IMHO. Not kidding it will make you nauseous. On top of that they had/have the most annoying PA guy.

the screeching eagle on every first down...

westnodak93bison
08-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Sounded more like a weeny ass hawk to me :p. All 1400 of their fans really got into it.

StL Bison Fan
08-11-2014, 02:31 PM

Kind of like the Jaguar growl at UNI. If they like it, fine.

KilldeerBison
08-11-2014, 02:51 PM
The only thing the big fluff conference champs had to do is win! The Bison were ready for them in the playoffs, but the big fluff champs decided they didn't wanna play anymore. End of story. I suppose they could have threatened NDSU via the legislature, but they simply went home and licked their wounds.

ZHerd
08-11-2014, 03:01 PM

Ya well our student section mentioning the Whioux every time we get a first down is probably more stupid than anything you will hear at any college football venue in the land. Doesn't exactly sound too great on espn for the playoff games either...really classy

tony
08-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Ya well our student section mentioning the Whioux every time we get a first down is probably more stupid than anything you will hear at any college football venue in the land. Doesn't exactly sound too great on espn for the playoff games either...really classy

When did that start? All I've heard from them is the "move the chains" bit - and I sat right in the student section at the USD away game.

aces1180
08-11-2014, 03:10 PM

I sit next to the student section and have for the past 10 years...I've never heard that.

ZHerd
08-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Seriously?!! "That's another Bisssson...First down! Ohhhhh move those chains, Sioux suck ####"

El_Chapo
08-11-2014, 03:38 PM
ZHERD THAT DOESNT HAPPEN. sorry dude, its your imagination.

tony
08-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Seriously?!! "That's another Bisssson...First down! Ohhhhh move those chains, Sioux suck ####"

That's why I asked when it started because it wasn't heard at USD in 2012... must have started in 2013. For what it's worth, I believe you.

Oh crap, why the hell is this in a EWU thread?

ZHerd
08-11-2014, 03:49 PM
That's why I asked when it started because it wasn't heard at USD in 2012... must have started in 2013. For what it's worth, I believe you.

Oh crap, why the hell is this in a EWU thread?

Usually happens earlier in the game before the other team is buried

El_Chapo
08-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Yea, Lets talk about "cheney nightlife"

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/chen...nt?oid=2137452

ok, theres no nightlife.

Bison_Pride
08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Cheney is about 15 miles from Spokane. There is nightlife there.

25 years ago I toured the EWU campus while I was in the area. I remember the facilities being a downgrade from NDSU. Cheney definitely seemed like a sleepy bedroom community for Spokane, and EWU almost more of a commuter college. The buzz at the time was that the football team was so bad that they were thinking about shutting it down because it needed upgrades to the facilities and there was no support. They had a pep rally the night before to drum up support, and a star member of the football team said "who knows, one day maybe we could be playing against U Dub".

Seems like they have come a long way since those days.

SDbison
08-11-2014, 04:10 PM

25 years ago I toured the EWU campus while I was in the area. I remember the facilities being a downgrade from NDSU. Cheney definitely seemed like a sleepy bedroom community for Spokane, and EWU almost more of a commuter college. The buzz at the time was that the football team was so bad that they were thinking about shutting it down because it needed upgrades to the facilities and there was no support. They had a pep rally the night before to drum up support, and a star member of the football team said "who knows, one day maybe we could be playing against U Dub".

Seems like they have come a long way since those days. Really? What do they average for attendance at football games........5 or 6 thousand? EWU is essentially a commuter college. They get away with all the DIII stuff like allowing cowbells for games that are disallowed everywhere else in FCS. And that fugly red field. Ugh.

roadwarrior
08-11-2014, 06:00 PM
After the trip to Cheney 4 years ago and the trip to Spokane this spring, I will most definitely be staying in Spokane for this game.

Screamin_Eagle174
08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Really? What do they average for attendance at football games........5 or 6 thousand? EWU is essentially a commuter college. They get away with all the DIII stuff like allowing cowbells for games that are disallowed everywhere else in FCS. And that fugly red field. Ugh.

We've been averaging about 9k the last couple seasons, which is over the official seating capacity of 8600. And not much is worse than UCA's purple and gray striped fields, or NDSU's yellow helmets.

Bison_Pride
08-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Cheney is sandwiched in between beautiful and expensive Gonzaga, and an hour south is Washington State University which has a 30k enrollment and is a member of the Pac10. It's hard to compete with those.

BadlandsGrizFan
08-11-2014, 09:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYJgUQZ3k4

ENOUGH SAID

HerdBoy
08-11-2014, 09:56 PM
The streets are alphabetical. I lasted about a minute thirty and I couldn't take it anymore.

BadlandsGrizFan
08-11-2014, 10:00 PM
The streets are alphabetical. I lasted about a minute thirty and I couldn't take it anymore.

Just like real life Cheney

Christopher Moen
08-11-2014, 10:15 PM

ENOUGH SAID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUQMs0kVEI

Wally
08-11-2014, 10:25 PM
After the trip to Cheney 4 years ago and the trip to Spokane this spring, I will most definitely be staying in Spokane for this game.

I will be staying here

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover

I will be golfing here as well

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover/golf

BlueKeyAlum
08-11-2014, 10:40 PM

Seems like they have come a long way since those days.

Cheney actually has two campuses if you count the Spokane center downtown jointly shared with WSU. There's a large population of EWU students at that location that never ever come out to Cheney for classes. And you're right Cheney doesn't have a lot of nightlife options. That's what Spokane is for. And having to travel to get to nightlife options keeps the drugs and riffraff out of the Cheney community. The biggest complaint is the occasional house party. When I worked there I definitely wouldn't consider the school a party school. Lots of the community including faculty staff and students were really involved in outdoor year 'round. When I was there mike Kramer started the football team on the road to postseason success but I remember the biggest sports accolades coming from Ray giacoletti (sp?) and the basketball team when they made the NCAA's 2002ish. Former Bison center Greg Smith was a senior on the team.

ZHerd
08-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Cheney is sandwiched in between beautiful and expensive Gonzaga, and an hour south is Washington State University which has a 30k enrollment and is a member of the Pac10. It's hard to compete with those.

And yet if they played WA st. this year I would pick EW to win. I respect FCS programs like EW and the Bison that can hang tough with and take down schools that have big advantages over them. Oh, and I would pick them to beat the Zags in football too :biggrin:

ndsubison1
08-12-2014, 04:11 AM

ENOUGH SAID

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cf-dafuq.gif

ndsubison1
08-12-2014, 04:19 AM

happened when i was in school

ewuranger
08-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Cheney actually has two campuses if you count the Spokane center downtown jointly shared with WSU. There's a large population of EWU students at that location that never ever come out to Cheney for classes. And you're right Cheney doesn't have a lot of nightlife options. That's what Spokane is for. And having to travel to get to nightlife options keeps the drugs and riffraff out of the Cheney community. The biggest complaint is the occasional house party. When I worked there I definitely wouldn't consider the school a party school. Lots of the community including faculty staff and students were really involved in outdoor year 'round. When I was there mike Kramer started the football team on the road to postseason success but I remember the biggest sports accolades coming from Ray giacoletti (sp?) and the basketball team when they made the NCAA's 2002ish. Former Bison center Greg Smith was a senior on the team.

Eastern has changed radically since you were there...much of it for the better. 2003 was the year the b-ball team went to the NCAA's.

ewuranger
08-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Really? What do they average for attendance at football games........5 or 6 thousand? EWU is essentially a commuter college. They get away with all the DIII stuff like allowing cowbells for games that are disallowed everywhere else in FCS. And that fugly red field. Ugh.

I believe we averaged around 9,000 the past couple seasons. And EWU is not a commuter college. Maybe 20+ years ago that would have been true, but it's changed quite a bit since then.

thebootfitter
08-12-2014, 05:44 AM
I went to the SDSU game on the Inferno last year. I was pretty impressed with the people and the atmosphere. I mean... it's no Fargodome, but I was treated very well -- even with my green and gold on while cheering for the Bunnies. And I've said this before, but the red turf actually does look pretty good in person. On TV, I can't stand it though.

BlueKeyAlum
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Eastern has changed radically since you were there...much of it for the better. 2003 was the year the b-ball team went to the NCAA's.

I was there when Governor Locke was giving consideration to legislation (drafted by the late-lame Jim West) to merge EWU into Washington State in 1996-1997. I believe that was the primary reason that EWU took notice of its non-reputation as a regional institution and brought in Stephen Jordan to change direction. Jordan had interesting vision as a University President and part of that was identifying athletics as a door leading to the university. He only had to look into Spokane to see what athletic success meant in terms of publicity. His administration led to some of the change to which you refer.

tjamz
08-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry hombre, I sat in student section several times last year. Happened every first down.... actually it was more like "oh.. move those chains... Sioux suck shit" followed by "so much shit" followed by "that's a lot of shit!"

NDSUFan_Sav
08-16-2014, 07:18 PM
I will be staying here

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover

I will be golfing here as well

http://www.cdaresort.com/discover/golf
Awesome golf course and a lot of fun with great views of the lake.

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Weird el Chapo.... Your sources in the student section have mislead you.

" On the play... That's another Bison...."

"FIRST DOWN! OOOH MOVE THOSE CHAINS, SIOUX SUCK SHIT, SO MUCH SHIT!"

That's how it goes....

Bisonwinagn
08-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Weird el Chapo.... Your sources in the student section have mislead you.

" On the play... That's another Bison...."

"FIRST DOWN! OOOH MOVE THOSE CHAINS, SIOUX SUCK SHIT, SO MUCH SHIT!"

That's how it goes....

By the way the First Down thing is the dumpest thing ever invented and even more so than the "Clap your hands" crap that we hear at sporting events.

scottietohottie
08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
When I was a student 01, and 02 the first in line to game got the good seats but you ended up watching the other team stretch and stuff does the student section still taunt the other teams number 2?

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 07:54 PM
By the way the First Down thing is the dumpest thing ever invented and even more so than the "Clap your hands" crap that we hear at sporting events.

I like the first down things. Keeps the crowd engaged.

When I was a student 01, and 02 the first in line to game got the good seats but you ended up watching the other team stretch and stuff does the student section still taunt the other teams number 2?

They told us to stop doing the taunting of number 2.

oldmantutters
08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
I like the first down things. Keeps the crowd engaged.

They told us to stop doing the taunting of number 2.

Doesn't change what 2 is!