PDA

View Full Version : Bohl/Klieman Relationship

fbmind
08-07-2014, 06:09 PM
As an NDSU fan, I will always be grateful for what Craig Bohl did for the program. That said, my personal opinion of him was always that he was a great coach, but a questionable human being. Those feelings were brought to the surface again today when I read Kevin Schnepf's article in the Forum. As we all know, Bohl and Klieman did not part on amicable terms, which Schepf mentioned in this sentence in the article...

"So when Klieman declined to join Bohl in Wyoming, it was visibly noticeable the two weren’t best of buds in Frisco."

I got to thinking of that and it made me wonder just how horrible of a person Bohl must be to be mad at Klieman for not going to Wyoming. Or to put it another way, Bohl was upset that Klieman wanted to stick around and have the opportunity to be the head coach of the premiere FCS program in the country? How selfish must a person be to think that way? A decent person would be happy for someone who had spent 20 years as an assistant working his tail off to finally have this opportunity. For example, could you imagine Saul Phillips being upset that Dave Richman did not want to follow him to Ohio? No...Saul was nothing but ecstatic for Dave...which is the way that it should be.

I have read all the books that Tony Dungy has written and he talks a lot about being a mentor leader. When he coached, he did all he could to prepare his assistant's and give them the tools needed to be a head coach. Dungy wanted to do all he could to help everyone reach their goals. In fact, he talks about working with Jim Caldwell preparing him to be ready to take over his job when he retired (which Caldwell did). Dungy saw it as an honor to help others and was always happy to see them succeed and move up and on in the world of coaching.

Again, many thanks to Coach Bohl for all that he did. But I can't help but think that when coaching ends for him, it will be because of Bohl the person and not Bohl the coach and I have a feeling it won't be pretty.

Best of luck to Coach Klieman and congrats on this opportunity!

Bisonator98
08-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Not this shit again. Let it go man. :facepalm:

Herd
08-07-2014, 06:29 PM
When you go back View Bohl's postgamer in Frisco, and watch him respond to the TSN Guy's question, "What does coach Klieman have to do to continue the success at NDSU" . . . it was rather obvious that Bohl had a hard time with that question.

Who do I attribute the tension in the Bohl/Klieman relationship to? Well, that's too obvious to require elaboration. But to tell you the truth, I've turned the page to 2014, and I'll choose to remember the positive with the the 2011-2013 years. The players trump the coaches IMO, and I can't say anything negative about the players.

Professor Chaos
08-07-2014, 06:30 PM
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/knightsofnodd/Gifs/Animals/BeatDeadHorse.gif

This thread can only end well....

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

mnriverbison
08-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I'd rather have a winner than a saint as HC. I don't think it makes him a horrible person at all. Bill Belichick was pissed at Eric Mangini for leaving for the Jets job. They have a personality type. It's different than the Dungy's. Fine. Win and it's all ok.

That said, did anyone else ever hear or read about Bohl being held back career wise by having a reputation of running around with the wrong guy's wife? I caught that somewhere on a Rivals site for some team who was hiring last winter and although I assumed it was typical board trash always wondered.

Bison03
08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Wow, I could not disagree with you more. I think you are showing a lot of disrespect to Bohl with your comments. Now, I am not a Bohl sympothizer, or his pr director, but I must defend him. Was I disappointed that he left? Yes. Was I mad about the timing of the announcement of taking the new job? Yes. Was I angry and confused why he did not address the team about it first? Absoulutely. But to say things like you did like "made me wonder just how horrible of a person Bohl must be" and "How selfish must a person be to think that way?" and "when coaching ends for him, it will be because of Bohl the person and not Bohl the coach and I have a feeling it won't be pretty."; I am a little surprised and wonder if you really understand. I don't know Bohl personally, pretty sure most on this board don't. I think you are taking what Schepf said as absolute fact. I think Schepf, and I'm assuming you, are somehow equating that because Bohl was upset that his defensive coordinator that oversaw the best defense in the FCS the past 2 years didn't want to join him. that they weren't good friends. That's a little bit of a stretch. Maybe he wanted a great coach like Klieman at Wyoming with him and was disappointed he didn't join him like other coaches. I don't think you can read into it that Bohl was not happy for Klieman that he will get his opportunity to be a head coach. And lets say they weren't best buddies who hung out a alot, just for a hypothetical. SO WHAT if they weren't the "best of buds"?? Are you "best buds" with every person that you work with at your job? Probably not. Do you respect them and work with them to accomplish success? I hope so. You are basing your opinions on a lot of assumptions and perceptions that you have no way of knowing, which is never a good thing to do.

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I heard he is 7 feet tall and kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume Bisonville with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

KSBisonFan
08-07-2014, 06:57 PM
I heard he is 7 feet tall and kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume Bisonville with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

The fact that Bohl made the decision to remove the lightning bolt from our helmet sticker is what pisses me off the most. We were never very good after that.

MarkyMark
08-07-2014, 07:04 PM
My guess is that Bohl and Klieman had an agreement that he would follow Bohl if he took the WY job so Bohl felt betrayed when Klieman took the HC at NDSU.

At this point who cares? I really like what I see out of Klieman as far as how he carries himself with the media, his relationship with the players and early recruiting success. I liked Bohl a lot, but I feel we have another great coach.

roadwarrior
08-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Leave it to Schempf to dig up some old crap for the start of a new season.

Bison03
08-07-2014, 07:06 PM

I also heard that while out recruiting; Bohl stole 50 men....50, if it was 1.

Ndsu84
08-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Bohl deserves credit because he was the leader of an awesome team, just like he would have gotten the blame otherwise.

Many times the coach has to be the SOB just to keep the group from hating on each other. In girls high school BB, if they are focused on you it keeps them from picking each other apart. Some people need help staying focused on the goal.

Hopefully Bohl is an all around great guy. That would be nice to believe.

On the other hand I sure hope coach K is not too nice to accomplish everything he wants to.

THEsocalledfan
08-07-2014, 07:07 PM
"Let those who are without sin cast the first stone."

Let it go; it is time to move on.

kingbison
08-07-2014, 07:08 PM
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/knightsofnodd/Gifs/Animals/BeatDeadHorse.gif

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

^^^^This...2014 football has started, who cares about last year anymore

bisonaudit
08-07-2014, 07:11 PM

Klieman turns to Bohl and says: "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."

BYZEN
08-07-2014, 07:17 PM

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

Slow news day????:facepalm:

HerdBot
08-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Who cares. Do we even know the relationship was strained? When you have a current coach and a former coach on a roster, what do you expect. You have Bohl trying to get his entire staff to leave in the middle of the playoffs. Luckily he and the rest of the coaches stuck it out. We won a three peat and kept all of our verbals too. Can't possibly ask for a better scenio.

Going forward we have the same systems, same offense and defense, 5 coaches with ndsu history and experience, and we haven't lost a single player.

Outside of a few recruits thar were poached or ignored, I really don't have much to complain about. Were in the process of putting together a kiCK ass class and have stabilize d the program

Tatanka
08-07-2014, 07:21 PM

I'm shocked. Deeply shocked.

aces1180
08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm shocked. Deeply shocked.

He'll never replace McFeely's trolls...

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
The fact that Bohl made the decision to remove the lightning bolt from our helmet sticker is what pisses me off the most. We were never very good after that.

I also heard that while out recruiting; Bohl stole 50 men....50, if it was 1.

Klieman turns to Bohl and says: "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."Aye, and then Bohl and Klieman met while crossing a log over a creek, with an ensuing quarter-staff battle. Winner got the choice of taking the coaches or the next year's recruits, but not both.

Bohl or Klieman as the next 007?

bisonaudit
08-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Aye, and then Bohl and Klieman met while crossing a log over a creek, with an ensuing quarter-staff battle. Winner got the choice of taking the coaches or the next year's recruits, but not both.

Bohl or Klieman as the next 007?

"Some men are longer than others."?

1998braves64
08-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Who knows what happened those couple of weeks where we had 2 head coaches. Maybe Bohl was putoff by Klieman rejecting him in a sense (a gentleman's agreement broken??) Then Klieman maybe was put off by supposed missing recruiting paperwork. I'm guessing it was an awkward 2 weeks for everyone involved. Thankfully it was players 3rd rodeo and knew what to expect.

Bohl definitely isn't a saint and everyone makes mistakes but I am sure to get to some of these HC positions you need to have a bit of selfishness in you, otherwise how would he ever escape one school to another? He wanted to move on for personal reasons (money is obvious but also career wise he wants something more). He could be an egotistical bigshot that will never publicly apologize for whatever did happen but perhaps he has had personal conversation with klieman since... Regardless it is 2014 moving on.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Who knows what happened those couple of weeks where we had 2 head coaches.Not sure if this is true, but I heard Bison Bob helped them out. He said "I will give you a hand to help you do your job, so those jerk-offs over on Bisonville quit offering their services.

The other rumor I heard was Coach Bradley had a conference call with all involved, and told them to "DO YOUR JOB!"

KSBisonFan
08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Well, ROT, I swear I saw Bohl and Klieman at taco bell the other night having beers and tacos........wait, nevermind. That was Faux coach Bohl and it was just some ice water at Burger King. Sorry. Back to the thread topic of giving people a hand with their staffs.

bisonaudit
08-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, ROT, I swear I saw Bohl and Klieman at taco bell the other night having beers and tacos........wait, nevermind. That was Faux coach Bohl and it was just some ice water at Burger King. Sorry. Back to the thread topic of giving people a hand with their staffs.

"Your mother been telling ya stories about me again, eh?"

MAKBison
08-07-2014, 08:16 PM
DING DING DING...we have a winner! Word on the street is that CB packaged the entire Staff as a come in and take over commodity to WY and others by the way! When CK et el., decided to stay it made CB look both bad and was a bit if a betrayal. However, if you think about it.... CB kinda did the same thing to SU... Yeah, raises our salaries and we will stick around....Both did what was in their best interest. So take it for what it is.

ALl in the past now!

My guess is that Bohl and Klieman had an agreement that he would follow Bohl if he took the WY job so Bohl felt betrayed when Klieman took the HC at NDSU.

At this point who cares? I really like what I see out of Klieman as far as how he carries himself with the media, his relationship with the players and early recruiting success. I liked Bohl a lot, but I feel we have another great coach.

WYOBISONMAN
08-07-2014, 08:23 PM
I have heard some of the WYO faithful here bitch that both coordinators didn't come. I just tell them......GO CSU! ;)

mnriverbison
08-07-2014, 08:26 PM
DING DING DING...we have a winner! Word on the street is that CB packaged the entire Staff as a come in and take over commodity to WY and others by the way! When CK et el., decided to stay it made CB look both bad and was a bit if a betrayal. However, if you think about it.... CB kinda did the same thing to SU... Yeah, raises our salaries and we will stick around....Both did what was in their best interest. So take it for what it is.

ALl in the past now!

Makes too much sense. You're ruining all of the righteous indignation on both sides.

fbmind
08-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Obviously I opened up some old wounds and/or beat the dead horse with this thread...I apologize for this and also award myself no points and ask that God may have mercy on my soul.

So admins...please delete this thread!

MAKBison
08-07-2014, 08:28 PM
You can resurrect it when CK and his staff leave.

Obviously I opened up some old wounds and/or beat the dead horse with this thread...I apologize for this and also award myself no points and ask that God may have mercy on my soul.

Hail bison
08-07-2014, 08:36 PM

ALl in the past now!

Klieman betraying Bohl by taking the head coaching job? That is the dumbest fucking comment I have ever heard. Ever. This thread should be locked, but to you Bohl apologists, he is a self absorbed piece of shit. If you do not know him personally, don't bother responding. He is a good coach and I appreciate his part in our success but he's not anyone I'd care to associate with. Lock this fucker down

WYOBISONMAN
08-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Craig who? There is a guy named Klieman that coaches the team I cheer for!

bisonaudit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpHHtl8gC4
Klieman betraying Bohl by taking the head coaching job? That is the dumbest fucking comment I have ever heard. Ever. This thread should be locked, but to you Bohl apologists, he is a self absorbed piece of shit. If you do not know him personally, don't bother responding. He is a good coach and I appreciate his part in our success but he's not anyone I'd care to associate with. Lock this fucker down

MAKBison
LOL....Relax!!!!! Here let me simplify it.... the post implies CB got his feelings hurt when Ck stayed. Then it goes on to suggest CB really cant be be too pissy cause he essential did the same thing. Apologist HMMMM no not really. realist...Yeah more so! They both did whats best for them. It will happen again!

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Klieman betraying Bohl by taking the head coaching job? That is the dumbest fucking comment I have ever heard. Ever. This thread should be locked, but to you Bohl apologists, he is a self absorbed piece of shit. If you do not know him personally, don't bother responding. He is a good coach and I appreciate his part in our success but he's not anyone I'd care to associate with. Lock this fucker downYeah, lock it down (but not until I post something with a bunch of cuss words and then tell the admins to lock this fucker down).

Shit piss, son of a bitch, cock-sucker, big oil, communism, LOCK THIS FUCKER DOWN, admins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail bison
08-07-2014, 08:56 PM
LOL....Relax!!!!! Here let me simplify it.... the post implies CB got his feelings hurt when Ck stayed. Then it goes on to suggest CB really cant be be too pissy cause he essential did the same thing. Apologist HMMMM no not really. realist...Yeah more so! They both did whats best for them. It will happen again!

My apologies to you. My negative feelings for Bohl make me act irrationally, often times before I think. I have disliked the man for several years and need to get over it. Bad, immature post on my part. Again, lock this thread

KSBisonFan
08-07-2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/media/kunena/attachments/vb/736618=33567-InBeforeTheLock1105.jpg

MAKBison
08-07-2014, 09:04 PM
No offense taken! Not sure hwy the post needs to be locked down other than its been discussed a 100000000 times, but if you look at all the post MOST of them contain shit that has been discussed a 1000000 times.

I am surprised that there is not a lot of chatter concerning the media day interviews......IMO Entz while a stud recruiter looked/sounded nervous.....why would you say that its intimidating to coach our starting LBERS....Did I hear that shit right. Cmon coach you dont say that even if it true.

My apologies to you. My negative feelings for Bohl make me act irrationally, often times before I think. I have disliked the man for several years and need to get over it. Bad, immature post on my part. Again, lock this thread

Bison03
08-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Do you know him personally? If not, then you should not comment either.

Hail bison
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Do you know him personally? If not, then you should not comment either.

I would think it's obvious I know the man personally. That is the reason I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

Bison03
08-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I would think it's obvious I know the man personally. That is the reason I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

How do you know him, just curious? And what has he done to piss you off? Put it in the range of he cut you off in traffic to he slept with your wife.

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 09:15 PM
I would think it's obvious I know the man personally. That is the reason I should learn to keep my mouth shut.Here is a new game folks...it's called "Figure out who Hail bison is and what Bohl did to make him so angry." Winner gets all the knoephla soup they can handle at our tailgate spot.

I will go first: Bohl shot Hail bison's dog, threw a whiskey bottle and snowballs at the carcass, then banned the NDSU cheer team from appearing in Hail bison's living room.

BisonNation11
08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Here is a new game folks...it's called "Figure out who Hail bison is and what Bohl did to make him so angry." Winner gets all the knoephla soup they can handle at our tailgate spot.

I will go first: Bohl shot Hail bison's dog, threw a whiskey bottle and snowballs at the carcass, then banned the NDSU cheer team from appearing in Hail bison's living room.

Bohl is Hail Bison and he hates himself for taking the WY job...

Hail bison
08-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Here is a new game folks...it's called "Figure out who Hail bison is and what Bohl did to make him so angry." Winner gets all the knoephla soup they can handle at our tailgate spot.

Really? I made a bad post before thinking. It doesn't change my opinion of Bohl but I am not the first to call him a POS.

KSBisonFan
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM

So Hail Bison was married to Maureen Zimmerman, used to call play by play for the Herd and has a daughter on the cheer team? I have no idea.

KSBisonFan
08-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Bohl is Hail Bison and he hates himself for taking the WY job...

Hail Bison is Bohl's wife who also happens to be Faux Craig Bohl!!!!!

Hail bison
08-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Hail Bison is Bohl's wife who also happens to be Faux Craig Bohl!!!!!

You got me

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Really? I made a bad post before thinking. It doesn't change my opinion of Bohl but I am not the first to call him a POS.No, not really, I pretend posted an imaginary game making fun a fellow Bisonville poster over a silly post on Da Facetwitternet.

Cuz, ya know, this is some serious business.

Hail bison is a ND State Trooper, aka Roscoe P. Coltrane, and he is pissed because Bohl out-ran him on that quiet stretch of highway between Ashley and Wishek.

Bison 4 Life
08-07-2014, 09:24 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mazja4TP4m1qklg5y.gif4152http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1850120_o.gif

scottietohottie
08-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Mama always said never trust a man with no eyebrows.

Bison_Pride
08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
This is Hall of Fame stuff right here.

Good topic.

HerdBot
08-07-2014, 09:46 PM
This thread sucks cock

BisonTeacher
08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Mama always said never trust a man with no eyebrows.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsP/13696-9760.gif

BisonNation11
08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Hail bison is the Portly One who is pissed at Bohl for never getting a DUI during any of his speeding tickets

HerdBoy
08-07-2014, 09:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVxMtcXAhA

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 09:54 PM
This thread sucks cockI think you may be on to something.

So HerdBot, Hail bison, Klieman and Bohl walk into a bar, right? And the bartender says...

Tatanka
08-07-2014, 09:56 PM
So, what do Bohl and Klieman think about NDSU moving to FBS? Did they disagree over the timing of the installation of corner seating in the dome, or the amount of Team Maker dues to charge the freeloaders in the end zone. BigDaddyKane, what are your thoughts? Someone read this to upstate_clone so he can contribute from the hills of South Carolina.

Bison bison
08-07-2014, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XgMc4I5hc

hattonbison
08-07-2014, 10:07 PM
So, what do Bohl and Klieman think about NDSU moving to FBS? Did they disagree over the timing of the installation of corner seating in the dome, or the amount of Team Maker dues to charge the freeloaders in the end zone. BigDaddyKane, what are your thoughts? Someone read this to upstate_clone so he can contribute from the hills of South Carolina. Hey now not all of us in the end zone are freeloaders. I give the minimum and a buddy of mine gives $500. I would hope a few more do the same! I hear what your saying tho!

runtheoption
08-07-2014, 10:12 PM
So, what do Bohl and Klieman think about NDSU moving to FBS? Did they disagree over the timing of the installation of corner seating in the dome, or the amount of Team Maker dues to charge the freeloaders in the end zone. BigDaddyKane, what are your thoughts? Someone read this to upstate_clone so he can contribute from the hills of South Carolina.

Hey now not all of us in the end zone are freeloaders. I give the minimum and a buddy of mine gives $500. I would hope a few more do the same! I hear what your saying tho!What I hate is the farkin iceholes that show up at tailgating, bring their own beer, ice, coolers and food, offer me all that I want, and still expect me to provide a garbage bag for them.

Wally
08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.jasonjenkins.com/gallery/upload/2012/11/19/20121119221755-e41405ae.jpg

VirginiaBison
08-07-2014, 10:18 PM
This is Hall of Fame stuff right here.

Good topic.

I think this is generally a great thread. Mostly stays on topic. (No bdk to screw up the discussion I guess .... finally couldn't take him any longer and block listed).

I don't know what happened in the Bohl and Klieman relationship, if anything. I don't know Bohl personally, never trusted the plastic grin, but appreciated the success of the Bison which seem appropriately credit to him.

On the other hand, Klieman's election to stay and be the HC for the Bison is very laudatory and loyal!

One thing not mentioned in this thread is the fact that is every "great" coach has a linage "tree".

The question thus is Klieman the first branch of the Bohl tree or a sprig off the Osbourne-Bohl tree?

Help me out here. I am just trying to understand.

scottietohottie
08-07-2014, 10:23 PM
The question thus is Klieman the first branch of the Bohl tree or a sprig off the Osbourne-Bohl tree?

Help me out here. I am just trying to understand.

U would think until klieman shaves his brows it's still Osbourne bohl with a little Farley tree

NodakBizon
08-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Just be glad its them having to live in Laramie and not you.

56BISON73
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Too late. You will just have to take your beating and like it. :biggrin:

HerdBot
08-07-2014, 10:35 PM
This thread still blows

scottietohottie
08-07-2014, 10:40 PM
This thread still blows
Smoke a bohl it will get better.

semobison
08-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Wow, I feel cheated. I read seven pages of this thread and have not learned a damn thing!

56BISON73
08-07-2014, 10:48 PM
This thread sucks cock

In before the cock block!

ZHerd
08-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Excellent football coach, Bison Hall of Fame, did great things for this program...let it go and move on

AKBison
08-07-2014, 11:13 PM
This is a hall of shame thread. It's the 2014 season, let it go. Why drag this through the mud again?

HerdBot
08-07-2014, 11:20 PM
This is a hall of shame thread. It's the 2014 season, let it go. Why drag this through the mud again?

I second this nomination. Do we have a third?

CaBisonFan
08-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Bohl gets new job. Wants both OC and DC to join him. DC says no. HC gets pissed. DC and Bison fan base don't like it.

Human reactions.

StL Bison Fan
08-07-2014, 11:50 PM
I do believe that WY thought/ think they were buying the complete, super deluxe, Bowl Invite in a box kit.
It will be interesting how the fans react to winning or losing and building. How long will they wait? They do not have the culture we are used to and expect. You can see this by the whining on twitter about how hard the practices were.
Only time will tell.

HerdBoy
08-07-2014, 11:52 PM
I do believe that WY thought/ think they were buying the complete, super deluxe, Bowl Invite in a box kit.
It will be interesting how the fans react to winning or losing and building. How long will they wait? They do not have the culture we are used to and expect. You can see this by the whining on twitter about how hard the practices were.
Only time will tell.

I saw that too.

MAKBison
08-07-2014, 11:56 PM
R U freaking serious....Whining on twitter about practice being hard. OK ok OK, I know each generation says this, but every time I see something like this I just shake my head and mutter.... kids these days are soft (holy shit did I just become my dad)

I saw that too.

bisonaudit
08-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Only time will tell.

Jesus. You want to run until you puke. Piss and moan on twitter about how tough practice is and then just wait and see how tough practice gets tomorrow.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 12:39 AM
As a squad leader, it motivated the shit out of me to hear grumbling about discomfort. Bitching just meant more miles!

A1pigskin
08-08-2014, 12:42 AM
This is all old news.

HerdBot
08-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Seriously we just need a few more nominations for hall of shame. We have 3 so far.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 02:04 AM
I Figure everyone else is being pissy I might as well get into the swing of things)

I often wonder the political orientation of those who call for threads to be locked. Me personally, I would think a free market/natural selective process would be the best option in managing posts. Posters will pick what they want to talk about and post where they want. Threads that receive no attention will die naturally. IDK, its just me, but that seems like a much better system than having a select few obsessive whiners crying to the all powerful admin to lock a post they would rather not see...again thats just me.

Ndsu84
08-08-2014, 02:05 AM

This is good!^^^^

bisonpride4ever
08-08-2014, 02:21 AM
After reading this thread......

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/6y3eqyve.jpg

BlueBisonRock
08-08-2014, 03:12 AM
So Hail Bison was married to Maureen Zimmerman, used to call play by play for the Herd and has a daughter on the cheer team? I have no idea.

OMG Hail. Say it ain't so! You would immediately be put on the top of my shit list if this were true.

Hail? Hail? JK.

runtheoption
08-08-2014, 04:20 AM
I Figure everyone else is being pissy I might as well get into the swing of things)

I often wonder the political orientation of those who call for threads to be locked. Me personally, I would think a free market/natural selective process would be the best option in managing posts. Posters will pick what they want to talk about and post where they want. Threads that receive no attention will die naturally. IDK, its just me, but that seems like a much better system than having a select few obsessive whiners crying to the all powerful admin to lock a post they would rather not see...again thats just me. It's obvious the "lock it now crowd" are pro-life neo-fascists supporting the gay agenda, war mongerors that support Jesse Ventura and Chris Kyle, love capitalism and communism (except on Sundays, because that's the Lord's day), don't pay taxes but want their gov't handout for their crop subsidy and extended unemployment.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 04:29 AM
thats good

It's obvious the "lock it now crowd" are pro-life neo-fascists supporting the gay agenda, war mongerors that support Jesse Ventura and Chris Kyle, love capitalism and communism (except on Sundays, because that's the Lord's day), don't pay taxes but want their gov't handout for their crop subsidy and extended unemployment.

Green1
08-08-2014, 04:43 AM
It's obvious the "lock it now crowd" are pro-life neo-fascists supporting the gay agenda, war mongerors that support Jesse Ventura and Chris Kyle, love capitalism and communism (except on Sundays, because that's the Lord's day), don't pay taxes but want their gov't handout for their crop subsidy and extended unemployment.

HEY! That strikes a little close to home! Take it down a notch!

HerdBot
08-08-2014, 04:58 AM

I think it needs to go in the hall of shame but don't lock it.

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Schenff is a pathetic person. Bohl gave us 10 years and 3 titles. He's gone. We loved it. Who cares shut up and WIN!!

Green1
08-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Schenff is a pathetic person. Bohl gave us 10 years and 3 titles. He's gone. We loved it. Who cares shut up and WIN!!

Come on El Chapo, we tell the players what it matters what's inside (heart, work ethic, team, etc.) but we tell the coaches just win? I think we are better than that. I also think that you know it is true.

silkamilkamonico
08-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Come on El Chapo, we tell the players what it matters what's inside (heart, work ethic, team, etc.) but we tell the coaches just win? I think we are better than that. I also think that you know it is true.

Bohl got paid to win and he did, and he got paid to coach young athletes into men on the football field, and he did. He also got rewarded with his efforts with a 3/4X raise at the place he wants to retire in.

Win - win for everybody.

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 06:19 AM

Move on.org. We all love the titles

Green1
08-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Just win, baby. Sorry, not what my U. is about.

P. S.- Love your enthusiasm, but you are wrong on this one. It has to be more than just wins.

Green1
08-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Bohl got paid to win and he did, and he got paid to coach young athletes into men on the football field, and he did. He also got rewarded with his efforts with a 3/4X raise at the place he wants to retire in.

Win - win for everybody.

Is it a win when all the fans believe that the U. exists only to provide them with Sat. entertainment? Time for all of us to get a grip on what is important.

BisonCardinal
08-08-2014, 12:17 PM

Ok, I'll play. Hail bison = Mark Farley

scottietohottie
08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Just wait until the Wyoming football team runs onto the field to thunderstruck then bohl gives the speech after the game how the fans act like they are at Sunday mass. I heard their season DVD will be called those who came with will shave their brows.

dgoergs
08-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Do I tell my kids don't settle for second...hell yea!!...but I tell them to do it the right way so "When you die, on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness... so they got that going for them... which is nice".

El_Chapo
08-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Green1. Ndsu football players are upstanding, classy down to earth men that would get thier teammates back no matter what. That's the type of student athlete we should all want at NDSU

Green1
08-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Green1. Ndsu football players are upstanding, classy down to earth men that would get thier teammates back no matter what. That's the type of student athlete we should all want at NDSU

I don't disagree with you on this point.

dgoergs
08-08-2014, 03:25 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/mage4ymu.jpg

silkamilkamonico
08-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Is it a win when all the fans believe that the U. exists only to provide them with Sat. entertainment? Time for all of us to get a grip on what is important.

I am not sure what you're argument is. COllege football is about entertainment 2nd, and providing oppourtunities for student athletes first. Everybody won in this situaiton.

silkamilkamonico
08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Just win, baby. Sorry, not what my U. is about.

P. S.- Love your enthusiasm, but you are wrong on this one. It has to be more than just wins.

Do I tell my kids don't settle for second...hell yea!!...but I tell them to do it the right way so "When you die, on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness... so they got that going for them... which is nice".

Are you saying this wasn't more about winning? Have you not seen what kind of great people Brock Jensen, Grant Olson, Marcus WIlliams, and 90% of any other Bison football player who played their careers under Bohl? They are all outstanding representatives of NDSU as well. Saying Bohl did things "the wrong way" is a definitive slam on the character of the players that have gone through the system playing for him.

THEsocalledfan
08-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Come on, mods, lock this baby. it is the same old crap that was thoroughly discussed last year. Some see Bohl as the anti-Christ. Others are thankful for what he did here. Some feel both. Nothing new to learn.

runtheoption
08-08-2014, 05:00 PM
thats goodSpoken like a true gun-owning, freedom hating, right-wing liberal.

Bisonator98
08-08-2014, 05:19 PM

You don't think Bohl put a lot of heart, work ethic and the team first for 12 years? He's a FB coach. He's paid to win games that's the bottom line. If he hadn't won games he would have been fired. It's the nature of the business and it is a business!

Bison_Pride
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
The last head coach to leave NDSU without people irrationally mad at him was Don Morton.

discuss

bisonpride4ever
08-08-2014, 06:14 PM

As long as they are from the cities and not Wisconsin, right

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 06:43 PM
and you can say the same for most every thread on BB...whats your point! People are posting so obviously some find it worth while, entertaining etc. Who the hell died and made you boss!

Come on, mods, lock this baby. it is the same old crap that was thoroughly discussed last year. Some see Bohl as the anti-Christ. Others are thankful for what he did here. Some feel both. Nothing new to learn.

THEsocalledfan
08-08-2014, 07:23 PM
and you can say the same for most every thread on BB...whats your point! People are posting so obviously some find it worth while, entertaining etc. Who the hell died and made you boss!

Not the first one to suggest it......look back a ways.

Hail bison
08-08-2014, 07:43 PM
OMG Hail. Say it ain't so! You would immediately be put on the top of my shit list if this were true.

Hail? Hail? JK.

Not so. I loved Rocky

Hail bison
08-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Ok, I'll play. Hail bison = Mark Farley

Also wrong but I would choose to have a beer or two with Farley over Ed Schultz

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Not so. I loved Rocky

but there was a good deal of controversy over that also no? Guessing some took what was stated about rocky and his players as gospel and thought good riddance.

MAKBison
08-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I know. I have been bitching the entire time....just trying to fit in :-)

Not the first one to suggest it......look back a ways.

Ndsu84
08-09-2014, 01:41 AM
Rocky is a great guy, but he did place some blame on the athletes at the end. I never heard Bohl do that. Inniger started to look for any player to blame if he didn't get his 20 wins. His teams were pretty good at the start of the season but they'd tense up trying to play his game. Bohl's teams played like they believed in themselves and each other, and got better all season. Really something awesome to watch.

Are we only allowed to be positive? It can get pretty boring just reading rah, rah. I don't care if Bohl was a little tight with some young women. It was long ago and who wouldn't want to be? He was young too.

I'm glad Coach K has the desire to fight for the Bison. Would have been another ESPN highlight if we had some fisticuffs!

Bison_Pride
08-09-2014, 02:13 AM
At some point Bohl probably asked Klieman if he was on board with moving up, if the right situation came along. Klieman probably was thinking Big 10, Big 12, even ACC, not Wyoming, so he said he was.

The Wyoming job came along and his name came up for head coach. NDSU HC > WYO DC. Bohl probably felt he was a backstabber.

Less drama than an episode of Real Housewives if you ask me.

Hail bison
08-09-2014, 02:59 AM
but there was a good deal of controversy over that also no? Guessing some took what was stated about rocky and his players as gospel and thought good riddance.

It was a joke about me being Ed Schultz. That's why I said I loved Rocky, which I do. You are right that there was controversy.

1998braves64
08-09-2014, 03:01 AM
Ah missed that! Carry on. :)
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

GOBISON123
08-09-2014, 03:38 AM
During the Post Game Press Conference after defeating BISON, Steve Fisher (San Diego State Head Coach) said he called Tim Miles and asked him for inside information about us
Watch from 7:04 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1wUgYAzKXA) , we were lucky because Tim refused to provide any inside information

However if Paul Rhoads called Craig Bohl, I can easily imagine Craig Bohl giving Paul Rhoads a photocopy of our playbook and all your little secrets to get his revenge on Coach Klieman.

scottietohottie
08-09-2014, 11:51 AM
However if Paul Rhoads called Craig Bohl, I can easily imagine Craig Bohl giving Paul Rhoads a photocopy of our playbook and all your little secrets to get his revenge on Coach Klieman.

Yes but he would only hand over playbook for 1 million dollars mewhahahahahahaha. Bohl = doctor evil.

BISON Thunder
08-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Rocky is a great guy, but he did place some blame on the athletes at the end. I never heard Bohl do that. Inniger started to look for any player to blame if he didn't get his 20 wins. His teams were pretty good at the start of the season but they'd tense up trying to play his game. Bohl's teams played like they believed in themselves and each other, and got better all season. Really something awesome to watch.

Are we only allowed to be positive? It can get pretty boring just reading rah, rah. I don't care if Bohl was a little tight with some young women. It was long ago and who wouldn't want to be? He was young too.

I'm glad Coach K has the desire to fight for the Bison. Would have been another ESPN highlight if we had some fisticuffs!

Good post!

westnodak93bison
08-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes but he would only hand over playbook for 1 million dollars mewhahahahahahaha. Bohl = doctor evil.
Don't imagine ISU can get their hands on the last several years of tape...purple

unbison
08-10-2014, 12:23 AM
This is so 6 months ago