PDA

View Full Version : Having some fun with the Gopher folks

BisonBacker
10-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Well someone asked if we are on the gophers radar, not by alot and by the tone of the few that have posted they see this as a blowout game as well so I'm having some fun with them. Here's the link.
http://p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage?topicID=11973.topic

NoDakSt
10-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Not a great time to be a Gopher's fan with Munson and Mason both under-achieving. Hey the wrestling team in preseason #1. Gophers are rapidly becoming a men's and Women's hockey school.

Bison2248
10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Wow, they really think that they are gonna crush us.

TheBisonator
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
And they're calling us a DII team, as well. >:(

TheBisonator
10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Quote from a Goofer fan (yet he went to NDSU???):

This is funny stuff. I went to NDSU and all I ever heard was how NDSU (Division II) could beat the Gophers. It's like trying to talk to an Iowa fan sometimes when I hear the occassional 'We could beat the Vikings' talk.

I am so glad we scheduled this NDSU game just to shut up the comparisons between a D-II school and the Big Ten. I never understood the following that UND or NDSU had for football, especially after they moved into the terrible FargoDome. What a crap place to watch a game. I thought the Metrodome was bad, at least a day game feels like a day game. The FargoDome is dark and puts you to sleep.

Time to earn some more respect...

norman_dale
10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Say Gene Taylor had somehow managed to and Bohl agreed for the Bison to play at Penn State this year. What do you think the Bison's chances would be to stay competitive in this game would be? Secondarily why would Gophers give a rat's ass about the Bison game in 2 weeks when this week they play in a game that features the longest running continous rivalry in Divison I football? I'd worry about the Delta Devils for the next 5 days.

NDSUstudent
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Say Gene Taylor had somehow managed to and Bohl agreed for the Bison to play at Penn State this year. *What do you think the Bison's chances would be to stay competitive in this game would be? *Secondarily why would Gophers give a rat's ass about the Bison game in 2 weeks when this week they play in a game that features the longest running continous rivalry in Divison I football? *I'd worry about the Delta Devils for the next 5 days.

You can't compare playing at Penn St and at Minnesota, the Gopher game is way different then NDSU playing Penn St. NDSU has a ton of Minnesotans on their roster who want to show their home state what they can do and there will be a large chunk of the crowd wearing Green and Gold at the dome. NDSU has no players from Penn. and the NDSU contigent would barely make a dent in the crowd of 100k at happy valley. I do agree that Minnesota fans should care less about NDSU right now and Bison fans should be thinking about MVSU.

coloradobison
10-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Not a great time to be a Gopher's fan with Munson and Mason both under-achieving. *Hey the wrestling team in preseason #1. *Gophers are rapidly becoming a men's and Women's hockey school.
When wasn't the UofM a hockey school? especially mens? Or are you just saying in reference to the declining productivity of the other "major" sports?

NoDakSt
10-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Not a great time to be a Gopher's fan with Munson and Mason both under-achieving. *Hey the wrestling team in preseason #1. *Gophers are rapidly becoming a men's and Women's hockey school.
When wasn't the UofM a hockey school? especially mens? *Or are you just saying in reference to the declining productivity of the other "major" sports?

I'm reflecting the disgruntled nature of the fans toward the major programs. Football isn't doing well and the prognosis for the men's basketball isn't rosey. Additionally, the volleyball program, two years from advancing to the NCAA Final FOur is on the brink of the top 25 and the women's basketball program is teetering after climbing to similar heights.

No_Skill
10-09-2006, 11:56 PM
All of this smack towards Minnesota should be held off until next week. They could care less about NDSU this week having Wisconsin to deal with this Saturday. I think we come of looking amature-ish talking about that game this week.

I know how hard it is to wait since it looks like we will be 6-0 and they will likely be 2-5. Let's wait our turn and hit 'em hard next week. ;)

BisonBacker
10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
All of this smack towards Minnesota should be held off until next week. *They could care less about NDSU this week having Wisconsin to deal with this Saturday. I think we come of looking amature-ish talking about that game this week.
I know how hard it is to wait since it looks like we will be 6-0 and they will likely be 2-5. *Let's wait our turn and hit 'em hard next week. *;)

This is just for fun. As fans if we can't enjoy then why the hell even get involved. Amature-ish? I don't think so.

mebison
10-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't get paid for being a fan, therefore I am an amatuer ;D

lakesbison
10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh gosh.. I been talkin smack about this game since it was ANNOUNCED!!

this is WHY we are DIVISION 1 boys!!

LIVE IT UP!!!!

No_Skill
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't get me wrong. I plan on dishing out plenty of smack next week. I just think this week is too early. Must be a personality flaw. [smiley=huh.gif]

jzillmer
10-11-2006, 03:38 AM
There's also a thread about the game on rube chat.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/901373.aspx

Mr._Bill
10-11-2006, 04:20 AM
The gopher fans that say that Minnesota will be up for this game are full of it. Ball St., who should have known better, could not get up for a 1AA team. I cannot imagine a gopher team that is mentally prepared for a tough game.

These intangilbles that favor the bison and could make for a tight contest if the gopher are as flat as I predict. How can you take an NDSU seriously when you have Wis and Ohio St. on either side of this game. That would be like NDSU playing Mary, with Cal Poly and UC Davis the week before and the week after. It don't see it.

sambini
10-11-2006, 07:11 AM
hmm I think its a week early.