PDA

View Full Version : Realistic look at NDSU/ISU

Pages : [1] 2

DM05
08-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Since the other thread has devolved into a complete mess, I figured there may be some people that want to talk about the actual football teams involved in the game. I’m an NDSU grad that follows the team closely, but I now live and work in Ames, attended all ISU home games last year and watched most road games.

NDSU (and yes, I am admitting we are FCS – 22 fewer scholarships than ISU)
-3 time defending FCS champs; 43-2 over last 3 years
-2-0 vs 2013 common opponents (K-State, UNI)
-New head coach is the former DC that ran the best defense in FCS last 2 years
-All time: 665-369-34 record, 11 national championships, 30 conference titles

Last year: won @ K-State; went 15-0; beat all FCS playoff opponents by at least 28 pts

The Bison return 7 starters on a fantastic defense, but must replace both starting DT’s. Linebackers (including backups) and secondary are very experienced, to put it lightly. Offense lost winningest QB in FCS history, a very good running back, a dependable slot receiver, and 4/5 offensive lineman.

New QB is has been in the program, but not taken many snaps that matter. By all reports he is very smart with a big arm, but is admittedly untested. Return very good RB John Crockett; transfer RB from Nebraska (King Fraizer) should get time right away, and sophomore RB Chase Morlock got considerable playing time last year. Return WR Zach Vraa, coming off arguably the best receiving year in the program’s history. Return 6-year senior TE, along with very athletic FB. Returning OL is Joe Haeg (very solid but moving from RT of LT this year). Projected lineman are big with some experience. Also return great punter and kicker.

ISU
-15-23 last 3 years
-0-2 vs 2013 common opponents
-Head coach Paul Rhoads is in his 6th year; has done well considering the Gene Chizik dumpster fire he inherited
-New OC Mangino expected to revive the offense
-All time: 507-610-46 record, 2 conference title (1911, 1912), 3-9 bowl record (3-5 since 2000)

Last year: 3-9; lost to FCS opponent Northern Iowa; won final two games against Kansas and West Virginia (who finished with a 3-15 combined record in the Big 12); 94th in total defense, 96th in total offense in FBS

The Cyclones return much of the offense from last year. Play calling was a trainwreck, should benefit greatly from Mangino (may have seen improvement if they held a fan lottery for OC position, last year was that bad). Strength of the offense will be the WRs, TE, and RB. WR Bundrage is great after the catch, big target, best big play threat. Have 2 young, highly rated 6’5” receivers that haven’t done anything yet. TE Bibbs is solid and RB Wimberly is a small speedy back, but depth behind them is spotty. Rohach will most likely start the year as the QB, was very up and down last year but OL didn’t help him at all. Did OK when he actually had time to throw, smart runner but not crazy fast. OL is fairly experienced, but was awful last year for the most part.

Defense was terrible…absolute disaster. Young, poor tacklers, undersized. RB Johnson from UNI shredded them in first game last year; lost to UNI at home despite being +2 in turnovers and winning time of possession. Lost at Baylor 71-7…please, just read that one more time. If you want to see how not to play defense, go watch that game. Lost at K-State 41-7. Return several starters in back 7, but that may not be a good thing.

My thoughts:
NDSU: replacing a lot on offense, but return several key skill position players. Should be solid at running the ball if new OL gels, and new QB should do well as long as he limits turnovers. Defense should be very good again as long as replacement’s at DT are serviceable. New head coach will run familiar system, but is new to the gig.

ISU: Offense has the pieces to be fairly good, depending on OL play and if Mangino can get it turned around by the first game. Defense will have to make huge strides to be any kind of an asset. Team will likely have to win shootouts.

With all that uncertainty on both sides of the field coming in to the first game of the year, it’s hard to see this as a blowout either way. I was at the last NDSU-ISU game in 2009, between ISU’s best team under Rhoads and an NDSU team in the middle of its worst 2 year stretch ...maybe ever. NDSU was visibly smaller and less athletic along both lines in that game. That will not be the case this year. I think this game comes down to OL play: if the ISU’s OL plays well, Rohach will have time and at least a chance to make some plays against NDSU’s tough secondary. If NDSU’s OL plays well, they will control the clock and dominate a suspect at best ISU defense.

I think it will be close, but I’m gonna say NDSU 27, ISU 24.

bigdaddykane
08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
If the game is going to be low scoring I think the bison will win, but if its all offense I think iowa state wins. This should be a good game and a great test for iowa state, if we win we start of 1-0 and some confidence going into the iowa game. If we lose this season will be a lot that last years.

CaBisonFan
08-03-2014, 07:14 PM
31-14 Bison

Good post.

CentennialBison
08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Great post. I have a feeling that both teams will make some mistakes and NDSU will squeeze it out for a 20-13 win.

WYOBISONMAN
08-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Cudos! Great analysis. I would agree.

HerdBot
08-03-2014, 08:04 PM
If the game is going to be low scoring I think the bison will win, but if its all offense I think iowa state wins. This should be a good game and a great test for iowa state, if we win we start of 1-0 and some confidence going into the iowa game. If we lose this season will be a lot that last years.

Wow we agree!! I'll even positive rep you!

HerdBot
08-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Curious I'd Mangino will totally revamp the system

Tatanka
08-03-2014, 08:07 PM

Agree. Should be a great test for the 2014 Bison as well. And that's what it's all about. Well, that, and an epic tailgate. :D

GOBISON123
08-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I am really concerned about our CB situation, not CJ Smith but the other CB position because ISU's best players are Quenton Bundrage and EJ Bibbs and for us to disrupt their game we need someone other than CJ Smith to step up. If we can keep these two quite throughout game then i think we have a chance.

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2014, 08:36 PM
I am really concerned about our CB situation, not CJ Smith but the other CB position because ISU's best players are Quenton Bundrage and EJ Bibbs and for us to disrupt their game we need someone other than CJ Smith to step up. If we can keep these two quite throughout game then i think we have a chance.

Tampa 2 offers protection over the top. I'm confident that out safeties can offer help if one of them gets loose.

Hail bison
08-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Bibbs sounds like one hell of a tight end but I'd say we match up well. We have fast, athletic linebackers and safety is our strong suit. I'm sure he'll get his yards but I'd be way more concerned about a Terrence West type back in this game

GOBISON123
08-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Tampa 2 offers protection over the top. I'm confident that out safeties can offer help if one of them gets loose.

you are right. x10

HerdBot
08-03-2014, 08:49 PM

If they beat us it will be with the short passing game and stick to the run.. Mangino played us last year when he was at Youngstown so I would b expect a similar game plan. They actually moved the ball pretty well and their qb got hurt. Running back and TE caught half the balls

GOBISON123
08-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Bibbs sounds like one hell of a tight end but I'd say we match up well. We have fast, athletic linebackers and safety is our strong suit. I'm sure he'll get his yards but I'd be way more concerned about a Terrence West type back in this game

Oh I just watched their K-State game and their Running back is stronger and faster than K State running back, boy he ran straight into the pile and got 3 yards easily.

HerdBot
08-03-2014, 08:56 PM

The text book way to beat the Tampa 2 is a seam route by a TE. I expect him to get a lot of targets.

Hail bison
08-03-2014, 09:00 PM
The text book way to beat the Tampa 2 is a seam route by a TE. I expect him to get a lot of targets.

You'd agree our strengths on defense are a good matchup though? Like I said, he'll get his yards.

DM05
08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
In the end I think this game is a really good matchup for NDSU. ISU's strength is in skill positions; our strength is in players that can cover and tackle skill positions. Not really worried about our offense because ISU's defense is so terrible, at all levels. If our new OL has ever played football before they shouldn't have to much trouble with the ISU D-line.

Biggest keys:
1. Tackling
2. Keep Bundrage in front of us.
3. Put at least some pressure on Rohach.

These are all things we are good at on D. We'll have enough offense as long as we don't turn it over.

HerdBot
08-03-2014, 09:11 PM
You'd agree our strengths on defense are a good matchup though? Like I said, he'll get his yards.

I don't know what to think yet. Thorton in coverage is a mismatch for iowa state but he can make an impact in the running game. I think iowa state moves the ball. Our DEs will get pressure. It all comes down to the DT and how well they perform. Still curious if LJ will stay in the middle or if DeLuca will be ready.

HerdBoy
08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
In the end I think this game is a really good matchup for NDSU. ISU's strength is in skill positions; our strength is in players that can cover and tackle skill positions. Not really worried about our offense because ISU's defense is so terrible, at all levels. If our new OL has ever played football before they shouldn't have to much trouble with the ISU D-line.

Biggest keys:
1. Tackling
2. Keep Bundrage in front of us.
3. Put at least some pressure on Rohach.

These are all things we are good at on D. We'll have enough offense as long as we don't turn it over.

Bingo. If I'm not mistaken ISU lost 3 multi-year starters in their secondary. ISU doesn't have the advantage here they are a young and inexperienced defense.

ZHerd
08-03-2014, 09:49 PM

I wouldn't worry about cb. Champion, Colvin and co. are quick and have some experience. I don't think that we will have weak links at db or LB.

EC8CH
08-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't know what to think yet. Thorton in coverage is a mismatch for iowa state but he can make an impact in the running game. I think iowa state moves the ball. Our DEs will get pressure. It all comes down to the DT and how well they perform. Still curious if LJ will stay in the middle or if DeLuca will be ready.

LJ is MLB per coack k interview on bisonmediablog

Bisonator98
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM

Heagle needs to lay the wood to him when he does.

bigdaddykane
08-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Since you oline is so inexperienced I'm not even worried about our dline.

TAILG8R
08-03-2014, 11:09 PM

This is the part of the match up I am most intrigued by, not because of ISU's D-line but because of our new O-line. Can't wait to see the new rams in action!

scottietohottie
08-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeah and last year this o line practiced against the best defense in all of the FCS so I wouldn't worry about oline either.

BisoninNWMN
08-03-2014, 11:12 PM
The key will be our O-line.

I'm not worried about the Bison defense, they are experienced and tough as nails. The first quarter and a half both teams will be 'feeling' each other out but our defense is a veteran one and they will be ready for anything ISU throws at them.

The key is our O-line. If they get their stuff together, esp in the 2nd half, I believe the Bison will move the ball fairly easily against a very poor ISU defense. Wentz is big, fast and has a strong arm. He can keep drives alive by running for 1st downs....and he will do this. Having Vaadeland back at TE is huge for the passing game. Now someone needs to step up as a slot receiver.

But after talking with coach Riley last week, I'm excited to see this O-line in action. I think most of us fans will be surprised how good they are right out of the gate. ISU better bring their A game defensively or they will get beat down by our running game and short passing game.

Oh ya,

Bison win 31-17

bigdaddykane
08-03-2014, 11:19 PM
You guys really think you will beat iowa state by double digits at jack trice. Lol you're just setting your self up to be disappointed.

BisoninNWMN
08-03-2014, 11:20 PM
You guys really think you will beat iowa state by double digits at jack trice. Lol you're just setting your self up to be disappointed.

We'll find out.

Considering your defense is pathetic at best....I'll go with a 2 TD win for the Bison.

OrygunBison
08-03-2014, 11:23 PM
The only real mystery that I can think of is how early in the first quarter of this game will the first thread come out asking for Coach Polasek's head. "Fire Polasek Save Season" doesn't really have a good rhythm, though...

CaBisonFan
08-03-2014, 11:25 PM
You guys really think you will beat iowa state by double digits at jack trice. Lol you're just setting your self up to be disappointed.Is Jack Trice kind of like the 'death valley' of the Big 12?

westnodak93bison
08-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Is Jack Trice kind of like the 'death valley' of the Big 12?
It could smell like death alright if the wind is right a pig shit smell consumes the venue

DM05
08-03-2014, 11:43 PM
"You guys really think you will beat iowa state by double digits at jack trice. Lol you're just setting your self up to be disappointed."

Come on...you really think Jack Trice is that great of a home field advantage? You were 1-5 at home last year, and the one win was in single digit weather against a Kansas team that wanted to be anywhere but outside.

Here how nearly every ISU game goes: the crowd gets mildly loud for the first defensive series, maybe two. After that the video board guys have to remind everybody to make noise on third down every single time, for the rest of the game. 30% of the ISU fans will leave at halftime and won't come back. The stadium will be damn near silent in the second half. Seriously, NDSU fans should pay attention to this, especially how quiet it is on the first 2 downs. The fans just mail it in every game.

bigdaddykane
08-03-2014, 11:44 PM
It could smell like death alright if the wind is right a pig shit smell consumes the venue have you even been to Iowa? The only place in Iowa that smells like shit is Iowa city.

BisoninNWMN
08-03-2014, 11:47 PM
have you even been to Iowa? The only place in Iowa that smells like shit is Iowa city.

Iowa City > Ames....and it is not even close.

westnodak93bison
08-04-2014, 12:00 AM
have you even been to Iowa? The only place in Iowa that smells like shit is Iowa city.
Yes I have. Just giving you some crap. IA ain't all bad. Used to date a gal from Coralville.

StL Bison Fan
08-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Is Jack Trice kind of like the 'death valley' of the Big 12?

No. It's like the Alerus of Iowa.

56BISON73
08-04-2014, 12:50 AM

No that would be Sewer City and Ames. Your red headed step child syndrome is showing.

GOBISON123
08-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Two summers ago me and my buddies drove through Iowa, were were going to Omaha. On our way to Omaha we drove through Iowa during the night , on our way back we drove through Iowa during the day,...10am....the stench was unbearable. We tried to get the hell out of that state as fast as we could but then we saw 4 cops on the freeway...very unpleasant experience

thebigund
08-04-2014, 01:38 AM
The biggest loss for NDSU is the uncanny timing of Vigens play calling. He has the touch. The talent dropoff won't be all that noticeable if at all but I don't think you can replace what Vigen brought to the table.

CaBisonFan
08-04-2014, 01:58 AM
The biggest loss for NDSU is the uncanny timing of Vigens play calling. He has the touch. The talent dropoff won't be all that noticeable if at all but I don't think you can replace what Vigen brought to the table.Polasek will do well. He has the coaching touch. Our staff is in great shape.

CentennialBison
08-04-2014, 01:59 AM
The biggest loss for NDSU is the uncanny timing of Vigens play calling. He has the touch. The talent dropoff won't be all that noticeable if at all but I don't think you can replace what Vigen brought to the table.
I think Tim will be fine. He was with NDSU for 6 years and also spend time with NIU. He knows the NDSU system well, I am excited about the new variations he will bring.

BisonHorns
08-04-2014, 02:03 AM

I don't have to listen to this garbage!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2417619/hungry-like-the-wolf-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/2417619/hungry-like-the-wolf.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

Hail bison
08-04-2014, 02:15 AM

Have to disagree. He was a greatly improved OC when he left but replaceable.

HerdBot
08-04-2014, 02:27 AM

By the end of the 2010 season, many fans wanted his head. He really came into his own in 2013 but I don't think he's non replaceable. Bohl said some pretty exaggerated things about him after he left. The funniest was comparing him to Tom Osborne! I really liked Vigs play calling. Reminded me of a mix of Green Bay with some elements of the veer. He was really good at setting up plays and a master at trick plays. Polasak is pretty darn creative and knows the offense so I really expect him to do well. Not much has changed.

Bisonator98
08-04-2014, 02:31 AM
I think Vigen may be getting a little too much credit for a very talented team that probably could have called their own plays last year and been successful. He was a good coach and definitely got better as an OC over the years but certainly not that irreplaceable.

HerdBot
08-04-2014, 02:39 AM
I think Vigen may be getting a little too much credit for a very talented team that probably could have called their own plays last year and been successful. He was a good coach and definitely got better as an OC over the years but certainly not that irreplaceable.

Having a 4 year starter at QB and 10 returning starters really gives you the ability to open up the playbook. This year will be more of a challenge

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 02:46 AM
I'll take Tim Polasek any day.

HerdBoy
08-04-2014, 02:47 AM
By the end of the 2010 season, many fans wanted his head. He really came into his own in 2013 but I don't think he's non replaceable. Bohl said some pretty exaggerated things about him after he left. The funniest was comparing him to Tom Osborne! I really liked Vigs play calling. Reminded me of a mix of Green Bay with some elements of the veer. He was really good at setting up plays and a master at trick plays. Polasak is pretty darn creative and knows the offense so I really expect him to do well. Not much has changed.

I didn't know NDSU ran the short side option. Ha ha ha.

thebigund
08-04-2014, 03:13 AM
I'll never understand how Vigen to this day doesn't get his deserved credit.

KilldeerBison
08-04-2014, 03:25 AM

Well here's your chance bidUndies, give him the credit he deserves. Funny how all the Pioux fans recognize bison talent, once it's gone. The new Bison O.C. will be just as good, the Bison reload. The pioux just pretty much load, as in mess their pants. Big difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
08-04-2014, 03:27 AM
Probably because many don't realize he was handcuffed by Bohl and the big picture game plan. It all started because NM had no legit backup

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 04:27 AM
I'll take mangenius any day.

Ndsu84
08-04-2014, 04:33 AM

Vigen did well but I don't think anyone can say there wasn't times you said wtf. That doesn't mean I don't give him credit, but I do think this team excels even after losing him.

56BISON73
08-04-2014, 05:06 AM
I'll take mangenius any day.

You dont know better.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 05:11 AM
You dont know better.
Look what he did at Kansas and than look at them now

56BISON73
08-04-2014, 05:13 AM

You go with that.

HerdBot
08-04-2014, 05:19 AM
I'll take mangina any day.

Fify ten char

HerdBot
08-04-2014, 05:28 AM

Nobody says he didn't deserve credit. You just have to understand most bison fans wanted his head after the 2010 season. He gained steam and improved slowly over the last 3 years. He certainly deserves credit but it was all defense and special teams that lead the team from 2010-2012. The offense was pretty average then. There was even a stretch in 2012 when the bison offense gave up more points with turnovers than the defense did. In 2013, the offense peaked with 10 returning starters and actually won games. Fans always said "if we could just be slightly above average we will dominate. " Combined with our kick ass defense and top special teams, and it was possibly the best fcs team in modern history. We did everything well. As long as we're not like the 2010 offense we will do well.

Like prior teams we will play good defense, special teams, and play conservative ball control offense. This year's offenose doesn't need to be as good as 2013. 2011 or 2012 levels will do just fine assuming the defense plays well.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Have fun dealing with our 2 6'5 WR
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48388&SPID=4653&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209513721&Q_SEASON=2014
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48388&SPID=4653&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209225263&Q_SEASON=2014

GOBISON123
08-04-2014, 05:40 AM
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48388&SPID=4653&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209513721&Q_SEASON=2014
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48388&SPID=4653&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209225263&Q_SEASON=2014

We have 5' 9" CBs we are not too worried about your 6' 5" WR

westnodak93bison
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Goopher fans said the same thing about Wheelwright several years ago. Even though he got his shot in the NFL he didn't do shit against the Bison. As a matter of fact I believe one of our 5'8" dbs took the ball away from him on a pick.

MNLonghorn10
08-04-2014, 12:51 PM

http://www.jaunted.com/files/3/fly_sux.jpg

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 01:04 PM

You're just used to it.

UTH
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't have to listen to this garbage!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2417619/hungry-like-the-wolf-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/2417619/hungry-like-the-wolf.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

The "Ignore" button will work wonders in maintaining your sanity.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Win is a win. I give not one shit about how many points.

mnriverbison
08-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Curious I'd Mangino will totally revamp the system

I think that is the only option. Tried to turn the remains of a dumpster fire back into neatly sorted trash bags once, didn't go well.

mnriverbison
08-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Win is a win. I give not one shit about how many points.

False, a blowout either way would either be delicious or devastating. For both teams.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
False, a blowout either way would either be delicious or devastating. For both teams.

I will not think about Iowa State after August 31st. It will be a lot like Colorado State, not K State.

StL Bison Fan
08-04-2014, 05:35 PM

No, look what he did at Youngstown.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 05:41 PM
No, look what he did at Youngstown. he was a TE coach for 1 year, and keep thinking you guys are easily going to win. Is Colorado state even FBS?

mnriverbison
08-04-2014, 05:45 PM
You're just used to it.

Post of the summer Re: ISU. Like 5 minutes past the border on I35 you smell pig crap and you don't not smell it until you leave.

Kind of like how cat people no longer realize that their house smells like cats, Iowa people are immune to the shit smell there. It's like one giant state fair for your nose.

Bisonator98
08-04-2014, 05:46 PM
he was a TE coach for 1 year, and keep thinking you guys are easily going to win. Is Colorado state even FBS?

Yes, pretty much the same as ISU, complete dog shit.

EC8CH
08-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Is Iowa state even FBS?

FTFY

10char

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Funny I was playing NCAA 14 and I couldn't find ndsu Wonder why?

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Yes, pretty much the same as ISU, complete pig shit.

FIFY

10char

CaBisonFan
08-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Funny I was playing NCAA 14 and I couldn't find ndsu Wonder why?Keep thinking that way.

stevdock
08-04-2014, 06:17 PM
he was a TE coach for 1 year, and keep thinking you guys are easily going to win. Is Colorado state even FBS?

Is Iowa State?? Doesn't Colorado State have more FBS wins than you guys ;) Give us a couple years and we'll be ahead of you both.

EC8CH
08-04-2014, 06:23 PM

Who cares if your team sucks... THEY'RE ON A VIDEO GAME!!!!!

marenlee
08-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Who cares if your team sucks... THEY'RE ON A VIDEO GAME!!!!!

To add to that... A video game they no longer make... :rofl: RIP NCAA games.

Green1
08-04-2014, 06:37 PM

I went online looking for pic's of Iowa State's National Champion Trophy and couldn't find it. Wonder why?

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Lakesbison
12,000 season tickets because they are CAPPED at that, could be 20,000 tomorrow if there wasnt students or more room!
4 hours every ticket sold for entire season.
Other guy

And you have 17 sellouts in the last 8 years while averaging around 18,600 people. And now you are going to sell 20,000 season tickets? You are funny.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Lakesbison
12,000 season tickets because they are CAPPED at that, could be 20,000 tomorrow if there wasnt students or more room!
4 hours every ticket sold for entire season.
Other guy

And you have 17 sellouts in the last 8 years while averaging around 18,600 people. And now you are going to sell 20,000 season tickets? You are funny.

You keep repeating that fact. I don't know where you get that.

Anyone been able to just walk up and get a ticket to any game?

Mayville Bison
08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
To add to that... A video game they no longer make... :rofl: RIP NCAA games.

Nah, that will be included with the "stipend" addition. In order to receive the money, the players will have to allow their likeness to be used - may actually lead to the actual names of players instead of fake names.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
You keep repeating that fact. I don't know where you get that.

Anyone been able to just walk up and get a ticket to any game? the fact that the 11 time fcs champion can't sell out 19,000 amuses me.

NDSUstudent
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
the fact the 11 time fcs champion can't sell out 19,000 amuses me.
Log out, you're drunk.

Bisonator98
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Great another thread turned to crap by BDK.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Great another thread turned to crap by BDK.no not really its the stupid comments you guys say like...

It could smell like death alright if the wind is right a pig shit smell consumes the venue

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 07:03 PM
the fact that the 11 time fcs champion can't sell out 19,000 amuses me.

Still don't know where you get your facts. You cannot buy a ticket to a Bison game, they are all sold.

SafeTeeJ
08-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Just like ND oil Ndsu is just beginning to tap into its potential fan base.
National attention does thAt to the casual fan. Everyone likes to be associated with a winner

Green1
08-04-2014, 07:07 PM
the fact that the 11 time fcs champion can't sell out 19,000 amuses me.

Umm, somebody is telling you a story.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/1/FB_0801141140.aspx

"FARGO, N.D. - Tickets for all six North Dakota State University home football games in 2014 are currently sold out. Single-game tickets went on sale at 8 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1, and sold out within five hours with most of the allotment gone in the first hour.

This is the third straight year NDSU has sold out the entire football season on the first day of single-game ticket sales. North Dakota State had previously sold more than 12,000 season tickets."

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Umm, somebody is telling you a story.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/1/FB_0801141140.aspx

"FARGO, N.D. - Tickets for all six North Dakota State University home football games in 2014 are currently sold out. Single-game tickets went on sale at 8 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1, and sold out within five hours with most of the allotment gone in the first hour.

This is the third straight year NDSU has sold out the entire football season on the first day of single-game ticket sales. North Dakota State had previously sold more than 12,000 season tickets."

Maybe some of the derps over at CF started that but it isn't true.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Ok my bad 17 sell outs in the last 8 years
http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/2/10/FB_0210142824.aspx

Hammersmith
08-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Do ISU students need to buy their tickets?

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Ok my bad 17 sell outs in the last 8 years
http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/2/10/FB_0210142824.aspx

Whoever wrote that article doesn't quite understand what's going on. You simply cannot get a ticket to a game. That is what sold out means.

Hammersmith
08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Whoever wrote that article doesn't quite understand what's going on. You simply cannot get a ticket to a game. That is what sold out means.

The article is correct, it's the students that are the issue. It only takes a hundred or two students to put in for tickets and not use them for us to drop below an official sellout. Every ticket may be sold, and every student ticket allocated, but if a student doesn't walk through the door, they don't count. If we had detailed breakdowns of student attendance over the last few years, I think we'd see that the non-student attendance was extremely constant and maxed out, while the student attendance varies by up to a thousand. And I think playoff attendance capacity is different than regular season capacity because there are individuals that take up seats that don't count toward attendance. I'm thinking groups like the band. During the regular season, I believe the band members are included in the student ticket total. But the band gets into the playoff games free, so they're not counted in playoff attendance. And the band brings up another point. They take up more seats than there are members due to equipment and their need for playing room. Those are seats you can't get back by selling a few extra on the hillside. We may say the FD has room for 19,200, but it's really about 19,000 with seats taken up with camera crews and support personnel. And that's counting standing room only tickets.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Whoever wrote that article doesn't quite understand what's going on. You simply cannot get a ticket to a game. That is what sold out means. well gobison.com wrote it

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 07:41 PM
well gobison.com wrote it

I've never met this gobison.com person but whoever them him/her that name was terrible.

Let me guess, not a lot of critical thinking classes at ISU

56BISON73
08-04-2014, 07:46 PM
I've never met this gobison.com person but whoever them him/her that name was terrible.

Let me guess, not a lot of critical thinking classes at ISU

He wouldnt know hes still in junior high.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 07:54 PM
He wouldnt know hes still in junior high.
I'm in high school, iowa state received there 9th commitment.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm in high school, iowa state received there 9th commitment so far

In high school at 19? I guess I'm not surprised.

NDSU has plenty of commits.

56BISON73
08-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm in high school, iowa state received there 9th commitment so far

Are you sure? Before you were at ISU and a state champion. Then you werent. Just want to know which lie you are living today?

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Do you guys really have 0 commitment for 2015 wow
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=2449&action=upsell

CaBisonFan
08-04-2014, 08:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=2449&action=upsellWhy do you care...either way?

Hammersmith
08-04-2014, 08:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=2449&action=upsell

Actually, we have 10 so far.

And this is the point where you start insulting them.

SDbison
08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=2449&action=upsell Hey numbnuts: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33196-2015-Recruiting-Summary

EC8CH
08-04-2014, 08:29 PM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33196-2015-Recruiting-Summary

*edit* looks like someone beat me to it

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 08:34 PM

And this is the point where you start insulting them.

Insult what? Those are tough, good kids. Exactly what we want.

How great could you get with such a perennially losing program?

Hammersmith
08-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Insult what? Those are tough, good kids. Exactly what we want.

How great could you get with such a perennially losing program?

His thought process will be that because they're not listed on espn/rivals they must not be any good.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
His thought process will be that because they're not listed on espn/rivals they must not be any good.

Iowa State had 12 3 star commits in 2010 that gave them a 3-8 season last year. Wow.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 09:01 PM
His thought process will be that because they're not listed on espn/rivals they must not be any good. right, ndsu must offer to everyone who shows up to their football camp.

CaBisonFan
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
right, ndsu must offer anyone who shows up to their football camp.Anyone...:rofl:...

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
right, ndsu must offer anyone who shows up to their football camp.

results speak for themselves. For both teams.

westnodak93bison
08-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Are you sure? Before you were at ISU and a state champion. Then you werent. Just want to know which lie you are living today?
Bipolar? Duel personalities? Not to make light of the situation but I think our new friend may need some help.

bigdaddykane
08-04-2014, 09:45 PM
only 26 days left till kick off

BigMommaKayne
08-04-2014, 09:51 PM
only 26 days left till kick off

I'm getting kind of excited....................................Oh, and the game is in 26 days too.

BlueBisonRock
08-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Since the other thread has devolved into a complete mess, I figured there may be some people that want to talk about the actual football teams involved in the game.

Well, that lasted a long time.

Hammersmith
08-05-2014, 12:16 AM

Make that 11.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Make that 11.

Yep. l wonder how many Zac(h,k) Johnsons there are out there?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:05 AM
As Ben Stiller said in Dodgeball: "Cram it up your cramhole, prepare to be humiliated on cable television."

Green1
08-05-2014, 01:12 AM
As Ben Stiller said in Dodgeball: "Cram it up your cramhole, prepare to be humiliated on cable television."

...and then he promptly lost the game. just sayin'....

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:13 AM
...and then he promptly lost the game, just sayin'.

The whole point went over your head.

CaBisonFan
08-05-2014, 01:14 AM
As Ben Stiller said in Dodgeball: "Cram it up your cramhole, prepare to be humiliated on cable television."Something you'd know a lot about.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Rohach 275 passing yards 2 TDs
wimberly 80 rushinf yards 1td
nerly 50 rushing yards 1td
defense 1int 4 sacks
iowa state 31
ndsu 14

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Something you'd know a lot about.

You guys don't, because you're never on television, besides the first and sort of last games of your seasons.

Heard our JUCOs on the d line are gonna be tough. Should add some much-needed depth in that position.

56BISON73
08-05-2014, 01:20 AM
The whole point went over your head.

I see the other half of dumb and dumber just showed up. So what are you ladies up to this evening?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:20 AM
defense 1int 4 sacks
iowa state 31
ndsu 14

Bold, son.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:21 AM
I see the other half of dumb and dumber just showed up. So what are you ladies up to this evening?

Dreaming of you, big boy.

56BISON73
08-05-2014, 01:22 AM

That does not surprise me.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:22 AM
That does not surprise me.

It shouldn't.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 01:23 AM
I see the other half of dumb and dumber just showed up. So what are you ladies up to this evening? Well football starts tomorrow for me, so I just want to talk some football

ZHerd
08-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Well football starts tomorrow for me, so I just want to talk some football

Don't worry, you will get to talk football all season on the bench

BigMommaKayne
08-05-2014, 01:27 AM

Wouldn't you prefer me instead:innocent:

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Wouldn't you prefer me instead:innocent:

Hell no, what's the matter with you?

Green1
08-05-2014, 01:30 AM
defense 1int 4 sacks
iowa state 31
ndsu 14

You don't even know if Rohach is your starting qb let alone that he passes for 275yds/2 td.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 01:33 AM
You don't even know if Rohach is your starting qb let alone that he passes for 275yds/2 td.Rohach is the most likely to start.

Hail bison
08-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Hell no, what's the matter with you?

Too much woman for a little guy like you?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Too much woman for a little guy like you?

Most likely.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Can we find ANY ISU posters who aren't phony assholes?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 02:10 AM
Can we find ANY ISU posters who aren't phony assholes?

Probably not.

Hammersmith
08-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Make that 11.

Make that 12.

Who'd thunk I'd need to update that number twice in one day? And in early August?

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Are you guys replacing a QB RB WR's and 4 olineman? Have fun with that.

Dakid3kc
08-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Are you guys replacing a QB RB WR's and 4 olineman? Have fun with that.

Our "new" QB is has been good enough to start for other teams for the last 2 seasons. He did get some FBS offers out of high school. Our RB? Not worried. All King Crockett has done is run for back to back 1000 yard seasons while splitting time. WR's? Lost our slot guy. Bring back the record setting yard and td guy Zach Vraa. Oh and top TE is back for another season. He only had 8 tds last season. And it's not like we are starting 4 freshman on the O line. They won't have any trouble with your inexperienced defensive front. All that "fun" our offense will have is going to produce at least 2 tds. Our defense will only give up 1 td. and NDSU wins 24-13. Cause again, as always, our second half of wearing your defenses will have ISU on their heels and your offense won't be on the field.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Our "new" QB is has been good enough to start for other teams for the last 2 seasons. He did get some FBS offers out of high school. Our RB? Not worried. All King Crockett has done is run for back to back 1000 yard seasons while splitting time. WR's? Lost our slot guy. Bring back the record setting yard and td guy Zach Vraa. Oh and top TE is back for another season. He only had 8 tds last season. And it's not like we are starting 4 freshman on the O line. They won't have any trouble with your inexperienced defensive front. All that "fun" our offense will have is going to produce at least 2 tds. Our defense will only give up 1 td. and NDSU wins 24-13. Cause again, as always, our second half of wearing your defenses will have ISU on their heels and your offense won't be on the field.

Our d line got much better today. A former 4-star recruit with SEC experience adds much depth. Our JUCOs will make an impact at a greatly needed position.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Our d line got much better today. A former 4-star recruit with SEC experience adds much depth. Our JUCOs will make an impact at a greatly needed position.

Again with the stars, stars don't mean much to us.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 02:42 AM
So you would take a 1 star recruit over a 5 star?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 02:45 AM

Nothing means much to you guys. If we say a position is strong, you say that's what so-and-so team said. If we say we have highly recruited talent this year, guys smug. If we say we have excellent hires at coaches, you smirk. There is no point debating with you, you're above the whole program. The only thing that matters is the final score.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 02:46 AM

If he was the right kid for us, damn right.

There's a certain kind of kid we recruit. 5 star prima donnas aren't us.

Dakid3kc
08-05-2014, 02:47 AM

Last I checked there are 11 positions on the field for each side. One 5 star recruit won't make a difference vs a bunch of talented players that work hard, are very determined, and know how to win. So pretty sure all the 1, 2, and 3 star guys in the NDSU system could win against the 3, 4, and occasional 5 star guy that plays on a middle of the road FBS school. Oh, wait, they do that already!

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Last I checked there are 11 positions on the field for each side. One 5 star recruit won't make a difference vs a bunch of talented players that work hard, are very determined, and know how to win. So pretty sure all the 1, 2, and 3 star guys in the NDSU system could win against the 3, 4, and occasional 5 star guy that plays on a middle of the road FBS school. Oh, wait, they do that already! play a full 12 games in FBS and we will see how your little 1 & 2 star recruits do.

Dakid3kc
08-05-2014, 02:53 AM
play a full 12 games in FBS and we will see how your little 1 & 2 star recruits do.

Quite confident they would have won more then 3 games!

No_Skill
08-05-2014, 02:54 AM
play a full 12 games in FBS and we will see how your little 1 & 2 star recruits do.

We'd have 22 more of them if we were FBS and if iowa can get the occasional 4-5 star kid...so could we. As it is, we do more with less.

Green1
08-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Nothing means much to you guys. If we say a position is strong, you say that's what so-and-so team said. If we say we have highly recruited talent this year, guys smug. If we say we have excellent hires at coaches, you smirk. There is no point debating with you, you're above the whole program. The only thing that matters is the final score.

Why would we believe anything you say? You destroyed your credibility with us. To whine about how we don't give you enough respect is absurd. You made sure that no one takes you seriously through your own actions. You want to be treated differently? Change your own behavior first.

ZHerd
08-05-2014, 02:58 AM

You still have not checked out the 2013 Super Bowl team rosters and researched how many of those guys are 0-2 star recruits. We would love to get a 4 star recruit but haven't been to shabby without them. Even in FBS teams like Boise in the Moore era were trashing power 5 teams with supposedly much better recruiting based on the star system. Again, it is not worthless but it is overrated

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Why would we believe anything you say? You destroyed your credibility with us. To whine about how we don't give you enough respect is absurd. You made sure that no one takes you seriously through your own actions. You want to be treated differently? Change your own behavior first.

Lol, my credibility has nothing to do with the team.

westnodak93bison
08-05-2014, 03:02 AM
A 1 star kid from a small school program could be better in the end than a 4 star prima donna. Its about the TEAM. Something clowns know nothing.

ZHerd
08-05-2014, 03:02 AM

Nothing but the final score means much to any fanbase. Winning does create spoiled fans though. Ill happily take the spoiled fans so long as the winning continues.

Green1
08-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Lol, my credibility has nothing to do with the team.

Your credibility has everything to do with how your statements about your team are received by members of this forum. How can you not understand that?

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Your credibility has everything to do with how your statements about your team are received by members of this forum. How can you not understand that?

I understand. It doesn't change the team or the match ups.

CaBisonFan
08-05-2014, 03:22 AM
You'll be surprised by our athleticism and by how stout we are on the front 7 and offensive line. Kansas State fans were in shock.

Green1
08-05-2014, 03:27 AM

Your statements about your team, that you are presenting as facts, are looked at by members of this forum with suspicion. Your statements about your team and match ups are treated as half-truths and falsehoods. This is due to your lack of credibility. Do you understand the point I am trying to get across? You may be giving an honest opinion but who on here can trust you?

I will get off my soap box now.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 12:49 PM

I'm not whining about how much respect I get. Where'd you get that from? I simply stated that you guys are incapable of talking about football. All you talk about is the past. It has nothing to do with truth-telling.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Your statements about your team, that you are presenting as facts, are looked at by members of this forum with suspicion. Your statements about your team and match ups are treated as half-truths and falsehoods. This is due to your lack of credibility. Do you understand the point I am trying to get across? You may be giving an honest opinion but who on here can trust you?

I will get off my soap box now.

Yeah, because the stuff I'm saying isn't easily confirmed/denied via the internet.

EC8CH
08-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Yeah, because the stuff I'm saying isn't easily confirmed/denied via the internet.

Yes... it's been confrimed that the stuff you're saying is easily denied via the internet.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes... it's been confrimed that the stuff you're saying is easily denied via the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZBMH3VOfI

westnodak93bison
08-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not whining about how much respect I get. Where'd you get that from? I simply stated that you guys are incapable of talking about football. All you talk about is the past. It has nothing to do with truth-telling.
Its easier to talk about the truth when referring to the past as compared to the future

BYZEN
08-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Turnovers...key to this game!!! If the Bison O doesn't turn the rock over ISU will score twice. And before our D can adjust. After all the Manjina has been prepping for this one game since he was hired.
Sorry for the thread drift...

StL Bison Fan
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Turnovers...key to this game!!! If the Bison O doesn't turn the rock over ISU will score twice. And before our D can adjust. After all the Manjina has been prepping for this one game since he was hired.

I believe this is the case. New job and get beat by a FCS team. Future would not look good.
After hearing the "giving up is part of our culture" comment, it's gonna be a long season for ISU.

http://youtu.be/tMOHdpaRUio. Tweet brought to you by @BisoNation. (Shameless plug for John)

BigMommaKayne
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Turnovers...key to this game!!! If the Bison O doesn't turn the rock over ISU will score twice. And before our D can adjust. After all the Mangina has been prepping for this one game since he was hired.

What is this mangina you speak of............................................hmmm m??

Thundering Herd
08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Jack Planters 6'7" 321 OL soph.
Landon Lecher 6'7" 299 OL soph.
Joe Haeg 6'6" 299 OL jr.

Don't think any of these guys had stars, they don't look so little, and they could most definitely play a full FBS schedule!

:facepalm2: dumb ass high school kids...

El_Chapo
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
why the 299 on Landon & Joe? whats wrong with the NDSU staff, just put 300 down,

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Jack Planters 6'7" 321 OL soph.
Landon Lecher 6'7" 299 OL soph.
Joe Haeg 6'6" 299 OL jr.

Don't think any of these guys had stars, they don't look so little, and they could most definitely play a full FBS schedule!

:facepalm2: dumb ass high school kids... I could care less about their height and weight, it's about skill and technique. So clearly they were not good enough to play DI football.

BisonNation11
08-05-2014, 04:36 PM
I could care less about their height and weight, it's about skill and technique. So clearly they were not good enough to play DI football.

It's called being raw and coachable. Which means when we beat your team, we did it with guys deemed "not good enough". We'll take them all day. What does that say for your program?

344Johnson
08-05-2014, 04:40 PM
If he was the right kid for us, damn right.

There's a certain kind of kid we recruit. 5 star prima donnas aren't us.

Dumb. 5 star guys are few and far between. If you get your hands on one you take the crap that goes with it.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Dumb. 5 star guys are few and far between. If you get your hands on one you take the crap that goes with it. yeah look at Bama they pull in 2-3 a year, they will all the time at the FBS level.

SDbison
08-05-2014, 04:46 PM
why the 299 on Landon & Joe? whats wrong with the NDSU staff, just put 300 down, I thought the same Chappy, but think about it, Iowa State will have even more false confidence believing they are bigger, tougher and better. Then our 299 guy who is actually 305 will kick their ass with quickness, strength and stamina and its all over.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Dumb. 5 star guys are few and far between. If you get your hands on one you take the crap that goes with it.

When you start taking crap, the bubble pops.

SDbison
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
I could care less about their height and weight, it's about skill and technique. So clearly they were not good enough to play DI football. Yeah, what do you know? Clearly NDSU's coaches know what to look for when recruiting.......guys that fly under the radar, have great potential, want to give 100% all of the time, and are smart and teachable. Don't get that stuff with 3, 4 and 5 star guys with big heads.
Also the kids from North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska that NDSU recruits are often athletes with an attitude of being overlooked by the big schools nearby. They are high school basketball and track stars from nowhere with good size and speed. Big 6'-7" lineman from small schools that have great physical control and coordination because they played basketball too. These small school guys with lots of upside are often overlooked by the big time colleges.

Hail bison
08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
why the 299 on Landon & Joe? whats wrong with the NDSU staff, just put 300 down,

Agreed. Feed them and then weigh them

StL Bison Fan
08-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah, what do you know? Clearly NDSU's coaches know what to look for when recruiting.......guys that fly under the radar, have great potential, want to give 100% all of the time, and are smart and teachable. Don't get that stuff with 3, 4 and 5 star guys with big heads.

I think that chip on shoulder, proving something comes into play also.

Thundering Herd
08-05-2014, 04:54 PM
So clearly they were not good enough to play DI football. so clearly it's gonna sting like a son-of-a-bitch when they beat you then. Will that mean your team should be D2 if they lose to them?

SDbison
08-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I think that chip on shoulder, proving something comes into play also. I was typing an amendment to my post at the same time you posted.

344Johnson
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
When you start taking crap, the bubble pops.

Better call up Spurrier and tell him that he should have taken Jirik and Emmanuel instead of Clowney....

Call Saban and let him know 5 star guys just aren't worth the hassle that comes with some of them and he should build his team with unheralded recruits instead.

SDbison
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Agreed. Feed them and then weigh them Heck, 12 oz of water weighs about a pound.

NDSUSR
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
yeah look at Bama they pull in 2-3 a year, they will all the time at the FBS level.

Seems a lot of Bama fans hold NDSU in pretty high regard (esp. post 49). -> http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203240&page=4

(http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203240&page=4)

SDbison
08-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Better call up Spurrier and tell him that he should have taken Jirik and Emmanuel instead of Clowney....

Call Saban and let him know 5 star guys just aren't worth the hassle that comes with some of them and he should build his team with unheralded recruits instead. Big time programs can take their chances on a bunch of 3, 4 and 5 star recruits knowing some will fail and some will succeed. They don't have to screen 0 to 2 star recruits to get the best possible.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Big time programs can take their chances on a bunch of 3, 4 and 5 star recruits knowing some will fail and some will succeed. They don't have to screen 0 to 2 star recruits to get the best possible.

If I cared about any of that shit, I'd be a Bama fan. That seems pretty easy.

Hail bison
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Heck, 12 oz of water weighs about a pound.

A couple PL sausages?

SDbison
08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
A couple PL sausages? No, just one PL sausage is a pound or two.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Stars aren't everything, some kids go the JUCO route and end up getting a lot more attention that way. That said, there's no way in hell NDSU would take an unrecruited kid with no offers or stars over a five star recruit. That's completely ridiculous to say.

Also, their screening of recruits isn't very good seeing how 15 players were arrested last year for you guys. All that coaching and time goes down the drain if you have to kick a kid off the team, or give your team a bad name.

Hail bison
08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Stars aren't everything, some kids go the JUCO route and end up getting a lot more attention that way. That said, there's no way in hell NDSU would take an unrecruited kid with no offers or stars over a five star recruit. That's completely ridiculous to say.

Also, their screening of recruits isn't very good seeing how 15 players were arrested last year for you guys. All that coaching and time goes down the drain if you have to kick a kid off the team, or give your team a bad name.

Time for you to go away

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Time for you to go away

Why am I lying about how many of your players got arrested? :p

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM

They got in trouble for being stupid kids. You don't understand how stupid kids are because you are one.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Time for you to go away
15 players wow just so sad, per lakes wantz is better then Jensen

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 06:28 PM
15 players wow just so sad, per lakes wantz is better then Jensen

He's a better passer, bigger, and more athletic.

HerdBot
08-05-2014, 06:30 PM

Now your just being a douche bag. Actually none of the 15 got arrested and it was 12 players. Of the 12, 8 were active players. Only 1 is still on the team. They got charged (not arrested) which what amounted to be a crime on a lower level than a DUI and it was removed from their record after competing it. And many of the guys weren't even on the team. Former players or non players

Our team has some great character guys. Highest GPA in team history and a high number of academic all americans. We went the entire summer without any incidents and nobody had clearinghouse issues because out guys do their homework.

BlueBisonRock
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
UpState, you have got to be a UN_ fan and a likely SS contributor. You really have an envy issue and it shows as you try to put the Bison down in any manner you can think of. You are bitter like most of the rabid NoD fans. In the process, you stole some kids identity and could have screwed up his life. In short, I find you to be detestable. BDK on the other hand is simply ignorant. He also asserted that he was more than reality has shown, but he tries. He talks some crap then talks some football. I realize you will not go away so I will select the one option open. The ignore button. You will say that is no big deal, but I expect it to get under your skin just like scabies. This will provide you with constant irritation. Especially knowing that I will not see your smartassed and ignorant reply. Let the scratching begin.

IGNORE!

Have a good day.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
They got in trouble for being stupid kids. You don't understand how stupid kids are because you are one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
UpState, you have got to be a UN_ fan and a likely SS contributor. You really have an envy issue and it shows as you try to put the Bison down in any manner you can think of. You are bitter like most of the rabid NoD fans. In the process, you stole some kids identity and could have screwed up his life. In short, I find you to be detestable. BDK on the other hand is simply ignorant. He also asserted that he was more than reality has shown, but he tries. He talks some crap then talks some football. I realize you will not go away so I will select the one option open. The ignore button. You will say that is no big deal, but I expect it to get under your skin just like scabies. This will provide you with constant irritation. Especially knowing that I will not see your smartassed and ignorant reply. Let the scratching begin.

IGNORE!

Have a good day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Don't worry, I'll be gone after the game. I'll be like the rest of the country and not pay any attention to FCS once the first game is over.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Once lakes leaves cf ill leave

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM

He's been on there for five years.

HerdBot
08-05-2014, 06:37 PM

IGNORE!

Have a good day.

He is and I will put him on ignore too. Seems to know way too much about the Bison so odds are he's a UN_ or UNI fan.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
If you guys are really upset by me being here, perhaps, you should make a collective effort to reel in Lakesbison. I'm not the first person he's gotten to come troll you guys, and I'm certainly not going to be the last.

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM
And, wtf did lakesbison do to get banned? He must have crossed a serious line.

BlueBisonRock
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Stick around. You provide a lot of entertainment. I believe if you continue to post after the Bison spank your clones, you will get the fever and try to get to Fargo for a game. Tough luck on the tickets though.

Its your lying sac o crap faux buddy who I would welcome leaving. However, I expect him to be back under another fake name like Griz1952also. As his name states he is UpState. And his comments are the same as the SS boys like to spew forth. Just another bitter fan from another school. I would pity him but I can't get myself to give a shit.

Edit: I have missed six Upyours posts already. Be careful Uppity. If you scratch too hard, you can get an open wound and a possible infection.

Green-N-Gold
08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
As far as "stars" go, one need look no further than the paths taken by two Twin Cities offensive lineman who both graduated this year: Billy Turner vs. Seantrel Henderson. Quite a contrast from the starting point to where they are currently......

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 06:50 PM

so CF is represented by you two? Makes goEMAW look like a Mensa group.

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 06:51 PM
And, wtf did lakesbison do to get banned? He must have crossed a serious line. no one likes him that's why

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 06:53 PM
so CF is represented by you two? Makes goEMAW look like a Mensa group.no I just got bored one day at school so I made a BV account

Upstateclone
08-05-2014, 06:54 PM
so CF is represented by you two? Makes goEMAW look like a Mensa group.

I've got a Mensa card. :|

Nah, Chris Williams is the owner of the site. Good guy.

marenlee
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM

IGNORE!

Have a good day.

Ditto. Did the same thing. It's one thing to be a troll. But it's another to be a big giant POS like this fella. Everyone should do the same.

MLSND
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Ignore is great. He's gone.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Wow, that is a lot better!

StL Bison Fan
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Ignore is great. He's gone.

My first ignore.

KilldeerBison
08-05-2014, 08:10 PM

IGNORE!

Have a good day.

Agree, a pioux in ISU clothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bigdaddykane
08-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Agree the ignore feature doe

CyPanth
08-05-2014, 11:47 PM
He is and I will put him on ignore too. Seems to know way too much about the Bison so odds are he's a UN_ or UNI fan.

On my Ignore list also. However, since Upstate is active on Cyclone Fanatic, I think he really is an Iowa State fan, but perhaps lives in NDSU territory.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2014, 11:49 PM
On my Ignore list also. However, since Upstate is active on Cyclone Fanatic, I think he really is an Iowa State fan, but perhaps lives in NDSU territory.

nobody has any damn idea. First claimed to be in SC then professed to live in Oregon.

CyPanth
08-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Do ISU students need to buy their tickets?

Yes, Iowa State students have to buy their tickets as season tickets for football only or as an all-sports pack.

CyPanth
08-06-2014, 12:00 AM
You'll be surprised by our athleticism and by how stout we are on the front 7 and offensive line. Kansas State fans were in shock.

Granted, your win against K-State last year does make it look ominous for us this year . . . oh, and that fact that you won the FCS championship like a run-away truck that just rammed over teams . . . and that you return a ton of outstanding players . . . and a very solid program that is likely to handle the coaching change about as well as you can.

Given all that, I have a question. It isn't a smack question, but one that is related to the perspective of lots of us about our K-State game. When they switched the dates around (moving Toledo later and moving K-State earlier), several of us have stated that we are glad we get K-State during the second week because they tend to start the season slow and get much better as the season goes on.

I saw enough of that game to concur that you really outplayed them and earned the win. Particularly at the end, they thought they would be able to pull it out at home, but you stood strong . . . the sign of a strong program.

What do you say to folks who minimize your win against K-State because of their historically slow starts to the season? It isn't like beating them at the end of the season. It is what everyone will say about our game if we beat K-State during the second week.

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Granted, your win against K-State last year does make it look ominous for us this year . . . oh, and that fact that you won the FCS championship like a run-away truck that just rammed over teams . . . and that you return a ton of outstanding players . . . and a very solid program that is likely to handle the coaching change about as well as you can.

Given all that, I have a question. It isn't a smack question, but one that is related to the perspective of lots of us about our K-State game. When they switched the dates around (moving Toledo later and moving K-State earlier), several of us have stated that we are glad we get K-State during the second week because they tend to start the season slow and get much better as the season goes on.

I saw enough of that game to concur that you really outplayed them and earned the win. Particularly at the end, they thought they would be able to pull it out at home, but you stood strong . . . the sign of a strong program.

What do you say to folks who minimize your win against K-State because of their historically slow starts to the season? It isn't like beating them at the end of the season. It is what everyone will say about our game if we beat K-State during the second week.

That regardless of how slow they start, they hadn't lose a home opener since the 80's before last year. That's saying something

StL Bison Fan
08-06-2014, 12:14 AM
That regardless of how slow they start, they hadn't lose a home opener since the 80's before last year. That's saying something

The above I think should discount the slow start.
In the MVFC, conference play seems to be the toughest. Also as the season goes on, injuries become a big problem. Everyone has the same opportunity to win or lose, so to minimize another teams win over yours, minimizes your team.

SDbison
08-06-2014, 12:22 AM

What do you say to folks who minimize your win against K-State because of their historically slow starts to the season? It isn't like beating them at the end of the season. It is what everyone will say about our game if we beat K-State during the second week. The Bison would be stronger later in the season too. Who knows, maybe the Bison win by more than 3 points?

EC8CH
08-06-2014, 12:24 AM
What do you say to folks who minimize your win against K-State because of their historically slow starts to the season?

Nothing... "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

56BISON73
08-06-2014, 12:38 AM

All they are doing is making excuses. As SD said.....we were stronger at the end of the season as well.

Hammersmith
08-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Yes, Iowa State students have to buy their tickets as season tickets for football only or as an all-sports pack.

Thanks. That suggests that Iowa State probably counts students in their attendance totals even if they don't show up. Since NDSU student tickets are free, we only count them if they pass through the door. It's not meant to be a big smacking point, just pointing out to our young visitor that the two scenarios are a bit different. Demand was high enough for our student tickets that we switched to a reserve system. Early in the week of the game, students log on to a webpage and reserve a ticket. The system allows for a certain number of tickets(around 3800). Once that number is reached, a waiting list is created. They phased out physical student tickets a couple years ago; now all a student does is swipe their student ID card at the gate. Seating is first come, first serve. If students don't reserve all the tickets, they go on sale as GA tickets the day before the game. (I think that's all correct.)

The positive of this system is that students know whether they'll have a seat before they get in line. The negative is that some students have a tendency to reserve a ticket early in the week just to be safe, then don't actually show up for one reason or another(hangover). Since there's no money at stake, they don't feel any urgency at wasting a ticket. It doesn't really hurt the university since there's no money lost, but it shows up in our attendance totals and creates some empty space in the stands. It looks even worse than it is because many of the students treat the rows like bleachers. They pack more students per row than there are chairs. This means the top rows are empty even if every student ticket was claimed and every student showed up.

Personally, I wouldn't mind either a small charge for student tickets(a buck or two) just to make them more likely to use them. Or maybe a "deposit" system. If you reserve a ticket, $20 is charged to your student account. If you find out you can't make the game before Friday, you can release the ticket to the waiting list and you get your money back. If you use your ticket, you get the money back. Only if you reserve the ticket and don't show up do you actually lose the money. The money generated could go to student government or a charity or a scholarship fund or something. Or maybe a lottery system where you are penalized for not using a ticket. You start with 10 points. This means you have 10 spots in the drawing, but so does everyone else. If you get a ticket but don't use it, you are penalized a point. Now you have 9 chances but everyone else has 10. Your odds of getting a ticket have now dropped by 10%. There could also be a reward system where every 3 games you attend(1/2 season) gives you 1 extra point. That could give seniors up to a 70% bonus by the end of their 4th season. But this is all a topic for another thread.

ZHerd
08-06-2014, 12:56 AM

KState definitely did improve over the season (as did NDSU) but not as much as they tend to advertise. The Waters to Lockett connection was money right from the get go. Based on camp reports I ran across their offense had very good fall camp so its not like they had no idea how to function together. Part of the seeming improvement was simply getting guys like Lockett back from injury. K-state likes to run and they ran well in their 2 FBS non-con games following us (over 300yards in one of them...against a horrible team). We held them to their worst rushing game of the year and i believe tied for their lowest scoring total. That is not a fluke and we would have shut down their running game at any point last year. This year...we will find out in a few weeks

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 05:01 AM
4147 sick picture

56BISON73
08-06-2014, 05:08 AM
4147 sick picture

So how was practice? Or was this turn your head and cough day?

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 05:11 AM
It was alright I'm either going to play OLB or DB

El_Chapo
08-06-2014, 05:13 AM
One. Win.

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Guys lakes is drunk some one please get him off cf

56BISON73
08-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Guys lakes is drunk some one please get him off cf

Talk to upstate about that. He might swing that way.

ZHerd
08-06-2014, 11:59 AM
It was alright I'm either going to play OLB or DB

That means you are too small for LB but make up for it by being slow. Since they can't decide they have left you in hybrid land and will use you for a tackling dummy

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
That means you are too small for LB but make up for it by being slow. Since they can't decide they have left you in hybrid land and will use you for a tackling dummyit was day one, I will probably start some where

Bisonator98
08-06-2014, 03:49 PM
it was day one, I will probably start some where

Waterboy? Maybe follow the coach around and hold the cords?? Don't eff it up.

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Hah1 I'm glad you quoted that so I could see it.

One? One win?

ZHerd
08-06-2014, 03:58 PM
it was day one, I will probably start some where

Have you considered trying out for cheer team? You are light and the gals could toss you up in the air fairly easily

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Waterboy? Maybe follow the coach around and hold the cords?? Don't eff it up.
Do you play ik you are 15

Bisonator98
08-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Do you play ik you are 15

Not anymore. Blew out my knee when I was 12.

bigdaddykane
08-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Not anymore. Blew out my knee when I was 12.wow that sucks, how good is ND high school football?

stevdock
08-06-2014, 06:46 PM
4147 sick picture

Does this have to do with the number of expected wins this year??

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Does this have to do with the number of expected wins this year??

I don't know how someone in the marketing department couldn't have anticipated that.

Dumb.

Green1
08-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Have you considered trying out for cheer team? You are light and the gals could toss you up in the air fairly easily

Bigmammakayne is on the cheer team???

56BISON73
08-07-2014, 03:38 AM

Dance team?:biggrin:

BigMommaKayne
08-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Oh yeah...................I can shake my pom poms. I've been trying out for the Iowa State cheer team, and I think I might make it this year. They keep telling me "we'll get back to you". So, I think I'm close.

scottietohottie
08-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Realistically I can see NDSU's defense taking some chances early on and making some big plays to set the tone of game. A turnover and a quick score will have isu second guessing themselves. NDSU will run the ball right behind Joe Haeg with so much sucess that the passing game will be wide open. This team and staff has a chip on it's shoulder and are going to destroy isu. Realistic 52-3. Realistically this may cause problems down the road with overconfidence as this team will find it's not as good as they thought isu just really sucked. Hopefully a lose or two in the season not a lose in the playoffs. Realistically I am pumped for Bison Football standing in the rain by mailbox waiting for tickets the mail doesn't even come until 3.

344Johnson
08-07-2014, 01:23 PM
wow that sucks, how good is ND high school football?

Not very good.

gumby013
08-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but I just saw on 5 Dimes that we are a 3 point favorite.

BisonNation11
08-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but I just saw on 5 Dimes that we are a 3 point favorite.

You stop that. You stop that nonsense right now! We're FCS playing an FBS team. That can't be right! #ohthehumanity #FBSlogic