PDA

View Full Version : King Frazier?

NDSUbizon
07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
How has he rehabbed? And will he be ready to play?

HerdBot
07-29-2014, 10:36 PM
King should be ready to go. Too bad spring ball was cut short due to injury to speed up the learning curve but I expect to see him contribute more and more as the season comes along

Mr. Burgundy
07-30-2014, 03:22 AM
Coaches didn't need to see him play. They know it. He's a freak. Wants to run you over. Not sure why he isn't being talked about daily. Monster addition. One cut runner. Very different from crock.

SamsRams
07-30-2014, 05:36 AM
Coaches didn't need to see him play. They know it. He's a freak. Wants to run you over. Not sure why he isn't being talked about daily. Monster addition. One cut runner. Very different from crock.

The less people talk about Frazier and Champion and any other guys who will have major rolls this year the better.

Had a twitter battle with one of those self proclaimed nfl scouts and he is adamant Crockett will have a break out year. I disagreed as Crockett has had 2 great seasons already and with King and Chase behind him he wont get enough carries for a breakout season. His response was Frazier is unproven. My response was So was Crockett when Ojuri left and they still split carries. NDSU has a system and that system is 2 premier backs

ZHerd
07-30-2014, 05:48 AM

Basically all that many of us know about him thus far is what you guys tell us. That is good to hear and I'm super excited about seeing him in action along with some of the other players stepping up.

MAKBison
07-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Sounds like he was training like crazy in FL.

NDSUbizon
07-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Good, because I was surprised to not even see him on that list that Dom and Kolpack just did.

HerdBot
07-30-2014, 03:17 PM

Cosidering he was the #1 player on our board and he walked on to Nebraska (who can get damn near any running back in the nation to go there) and he not only made the team (on a team 3 deep in 4 star recruits), he played and even scored a TD. Thats all we need to know.

And hes 6', 220 and fast

westnodak93bison
07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Good, because I was surprised to not even see him on that list that Dom and Kolpack just did.
I think their list was for returning players that are expected to have a big impact.

Bisonville GasMan
08-14-2014, 11:53 AM
King Frazer!!! Can't wait to see him play...

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsus-frazier-flexes-bruising-style-running-back

ndsubison1
08-14-2014, 12:29 PM
I love the three backs we have! All should complement one another well. I think Crockett had trouble in pass protection at times, hopefully he shores that up. I would also like us to go to the screen game more again.

westnodak93bison
08-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I liked having a Sigers type change of pace 3rd back

stevdock
08-14-2014, 04:15 PM
I love the three backs we have! All should complement one another well. I think Crockett had trouble in pass protection at times, hopefully he shores that up. I would also like us to go to the screen game more again.

I agree about this last year with Crockett's pass protection. I did think I heard though that he has tremendously improved on this though for this year.

Elvis was a Bison
08-14-2014, 04:20 PM
I liked having a Sigers type change of pace 3rd back

I think the biggest backfield task this year will be finding who will replace Lang as the 3rd down back.

CAS4127
08-14-2014, 04:20 PM
I think the biggest backfield task this year will be finding who will replace Lang as the 3rd down back.

Morlock

BDK is Gay!

Elvis was a Bison
08-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Morlock

BDK is Gay!

Has he got the hands, Charlie?

CAS4127
08-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Has he got the hands, Charlie?

IDK, but I would assume so given that he seems to be an all-around good athlete.

Time will tell . . .

ndsubison1
08-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Morlock

BDK is Gay!

That^^^ ten char

Bison03
08-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Well, according to the picture in that article, it looks like people can still wear their old Ojuri 22 jerseys as now King as claimed that number. I's excited to see him play. It's a good mix having a slasher like Crockett who can juke past you and having a guy who puts his head down and pounds it. Tyler Roehl is a great coach for King.

BisonNation11
08-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Well, according to the picture in that article, it looks like people can still wear their old Ojuri 22 jerseys as now King as claimed that number. I's excited to see him play. It's a good mix having a slasher like Crockett who can juke past you and having a guy who puts his head down and pounds it. Tyler Roehl is a great coach for King.

And Morlock. Remember, Morlock learned under Roehl at Moorhead.

Herd
08-15-2014, 01:40 AM
The less people talk about Frazier and Champion and any other guys who will have major rolls this year the better.

Had a twitter battle with one of those self proclaimed nfl scouts and he is adamant Crockett will have a break out year. I disagreed as Crockett has had 2 great seasons already and with King and Chase behind him he wont get enough carries for a breakout season. His response was Frazier is unproven. My response was So was Crockett when Ojuri left and they still split carries. NDSU has a system and that system is 2 premier backs

Bohl had a 2 back system, I'm not sure Klieman does. Did you hear Klieman address Crockett's carries? He said that Crockett would likely get the majority of carries.

Do I wish the 2 back system would continue? Yes, it was very effective. Am I positive that Klieman will completely continue Bohl's 2 back system? No.

westnodak93bison
08-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Polasek said they will ride the hot hand

HerdBot
08-15-2014, 02:47 AM
Bohl had a 2 back system, I'm not sure Klieman does. Did you hear Klieman address Crockett's carries? He said that Crockett would likely get the majority of carries.

Do I wish the 2 back system would continue? Yes, it was very effective. Am I positive that Klieman will completely continue Bohl's 2 back system? No.

Going away from a 2 back system is a bad idea since Crockett doesn't have any value if he can't walk.

I think the 2 back will continue. Crockett will get more caries just because he knows the system inside and out

Scooter1
08-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Regarding the two back system..
Steffens got the majority of carries in 2005 and 2006
Roehl got the majority to carries in 2007, 2008 Paschal was back up
Paschal had majority in 2009 McNorton back up
McNorton got majority in 2010 (Ojuri suspended)
2011 McNorton and Ojuri split carries
2012-2013 Ojuri and Crocket split carries.

Before McNorton and Ojuri, Bohl had a feature back and I suspect that he would have given the lion share to one of the tailbacks in 2011-2013 had there been a significant drop of in ability between number one and two backs. Had Ojuri been dismissed from team, or Crockett failed to gain eligibility, my guess is that we would have seen a feature back these past three years. I think the NDSU personel gave us the luxury of using two backs. It will be interesting to see what Bohl does in Wyoming because it appears he has one back that is in the forefront. Not saying using two backs isn't very effective. It is, but only if there is little or no difference in talent level.
Having Crockett, Frasier and Morlock give us the luxury of splitting the load again this season.

Bison 4 Life
08-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Before McNorton and Ojuri, Bohl had a feature back and I suspect that he would have given the lion share to one of the tailbacks in 2011-2013 had there been a significant drop of in ability between number one and two backs. Had Ojuri been dismissed from team, or Crockett failed to gain eligibility, my guess is that we would have seen a feature back these past three years. I think the NDSU personel gave us the luxury of using two backs. It will be interesting to see what Bohl does in Wyoming because it appears he has one back that is in the forefront. Not saying using two backs isn't very effective. It is, but only if there is little or no difference in talent level.
Having Crockett, Frasier and Morlock give us the luxury of splitting the load again this season.

I imagine Frazier will get a lot of goal line carries Brock used to sneak.

CAS4127
08-15-2014, 07:21 PM
I imagine Frazier will get a lot of goal line carries Brock used to sneak.

Not sure about that. I'll look for Wentz to do same as Brock. If there is no legit reason to hand ball off, y do it? Have Frazier lead and take out LB.

Bison 4 Life
08-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Not sure about that. I'll look for Wentz to do same as Brock. If there is no legit reason to hand ball off, y do it? Have Frazier lead and take out LB.

Probably a better idea.

devin45k
08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
With our beefers, I am fine with a 4 back set even. Run every play and beat the teams down, then pull away the second half. Especially until Wentz gets more experience. I know it's boring but it wins games.

I dont want a Nick Mertens situation again. Dude had a hell of an arm. Maybe better than Walker but he made bad decisions and it seemed like he lost the confidence. I think Wentz has a better arm than Jensen but he has big shoes to fill.

I was annoyed how he was put in so late some games last year.

BisoninNWMN
08-16-2014, 01:11 AM
IMO, Wentz is going to rip the Missouri Valley a new asshole this year!!!

Crockett, Frazier and Morlock: Pretty darn good trio there.

SDbison
08-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Any news on how king is doing during practice? Is he doing well? Tough to tackle?

thebigund
08-16-2014, 01:48 AM

NDSUs success with two backs shows that if you have the depth you should have a multi back system. It keeps both backs fresh for the playoffs and fourth quarters of each game. And with the depth you cock suckers have this year you could even get away with a three back system.... Defenses wouldn't stand a chance if the OL have their shit figured out.

Bisonator98
08-16-2014, 02:37 AM
With our beefers, I am fine with a 4 back set even. Run every play and beat the teams down, then pull away the second half. Especially until Wentz gets more experience. I know it's boring but it wins games.

I dont want a Nick Mertens situation again. Dude had a hell of an arm. Maybe better than Walker but he made bad decisions and it seemed like he lost the confidence. I think Wentz has a better arm than Jensen but he has big shoes to fill.

You have to be able to throw the ball at times. Defenses will just stack the box if you don't keep them honest. I don't think you'll see a whole lot different offensively then what we've been doing the last few years. Establish the run, throw a few deep passes to stretch the defense and hit the short to medium passes to keep the chains moving. Crockett will get probably about 40% of the carries and the rest will split between Morlock and King unless somebody gets hot or hurt. I expect Wentz to have some nice runs too along with receivers on jet sweeps.

scottietohottie
08-16-2014, 11:58 AM
I think Wentz has a better arm than Jensen but he has big shoes to fill.

Well actually Carson has bigger feet then Brock so he won't have any problem filling Brock's shoes. I hope Carson wears the right size shoe and not try to wear Brock's old shoes come game day hard to play football with toes curled up.

semobison
08-16-2014, 01:28 PM
You have to be able to throw the ball at times. Defenses will just stack the box if you don't keep them honest. I don't think you'll see a whole lot different offensively then what we've been doing the last few years. Establish the run, throw a few deep passes to stretch the defense and hit the short to medium passes to keep the chains moving. Crockett will get probably about 40% of the carries and the rest will split between Morlock and King unless somebody gets hot or hurt. I expect Wentz to have some nice runs too along with receivers on jet sweeps.

Yep, Offensively we have been at our best when we have some run-pass balance. The run game is a lot more effective when the other teams defense has to respect the passing game. You hear it all the time, keep the defense guessing!

ZHerd
08-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Yep, Offensively we have been at our best when we have some run-pass balance. The run game is a lot more effective when the other teams defense has to respect the passing game. You hear it all the time, keep the defense guessing!

Yep. Last year was by far the best I have seen our offense look and we passed a fair amount though we were still a ball control team. Ball control is pretty effective if you can get up quickly on a team with some quick strike scores via the passing game.

A1pigskin
08-16-2014, 03:24 PM
I think the back situation is well covered with excellent talent.

SDbison
08-16-2014, 03:31 PM
You have to be able to throw the ball at times. Defenses will just stack the box if you don't keep them honest. I don't think you'll see a whole lot different offensively then what we've been doing the last few years. Establish the run, throw a few deep passes to stretch the defense and hit the short to medium passes to keep the chains moving. Crockett will get probably about 40% of the carries and the rest will split between Morlock and King unless somebody gets hot or hurt. I expect Wentz to have some nice runs too along with receivers on jet sweeps. I agree with this post except Crockett will likely get 60% of the carries to start the season. As more is known about Frazier this could change.

HerdBot
08-16-2014, 04:21 PM
NDSUs success with two backs shows that if you have the depth you should have a multi back system. It keeps both backs fresh for the playoffs and fourth quarters of each game. And with the depth you cock suckers have this year you could even get away with a three back system.... Defenses wouldn't stand a chance if the OL have their shit figured out.

I think the key is you can run the same base offense yet throw them off with different wrinkles. Can't key in on tendencies. Obviously a player like Darius Anderson is totally different but if he runs the same plays he can throw them off