PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Slate

BlueKeyAlum
07-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Fri. 11/7/2014 Bemidji State (Exhibition) Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse
Fri. 11/14/2014 Kent State Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse
Sun. 11/16/2014 Milwaukee Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse
Wed. 11/19/2014 Western Michigan Kalamazoo, Mich.
Fri.-Sat. 11/28-29/2014 Florida Atlantic Classic Boca Raton, Fla.
Tue. 12/2/2014 Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. TBA Details
Sat. 12/6/2014 North Dakota Fargo, N.D. - Scheels Arena TBA Details
Mon. 12/8/2014 Mayville State Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Thu. 12/11/2014 Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA Details
Sun. 12/14/2014 New Mexico State Las Cruces, N.M. TBA Details
Fri. 12/19/2014 Cal State Fullerton Fullerton, Calif. TBA Details
Sun. 12/21/2014 Grand Canyon Phoenix, Ariz. TBA Details
Mon. 12/29/2014 Brandon University (Canada) Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Fri. 1/2/2015 * Oral Roberts Fargo, N.D. - Scheels Arena TBA Details
Sun. 1/4/2015 * South Dakota State Fargo, N.D. - Scheels Arena TBA Details
Thu. 1/8/2015 * IUPUI Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Sun. 1/11/2015 * Denver Denver, Colo. - Magness Arena TBA Details
Thu. 1/15/2015 * South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. - DakotaDome TBA Details
Sat. 1/17/2015 * Fort Wayne Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Thu. 1/22/2015 * Omaha Omaha, Neb. - Sapp Fieldhouse TBA Details
Sat. 1/24/2015 * Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. - Western Hall TBA Details
Sat. 1/31/2015 * South Dakota State Brookings, S.D. - Frost Arena TBA Details
Fri. 2/6/2015 * Western Illinois Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Sun. 2/8/2015 * South Dakota Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Wed. 2/11/2015 * Oral Roberts Tulsa, Okla. - Mabee Center TBA Details
Sat. 2/14/2015 * Omaha Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details
Thu. 2/19/2015 * IUPUI Indianapolis, Ind. - The Jungle TBA Details
Sat. 2/21/2015 * Fort Wayne Fort Wayne, Ind. - Gates Sports Center TBA Details
Thu. 2/26/2015 * Denver Fargo, N.D. - Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse TBA Details

http://gobison.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball&schedule=211

El_Chapo
07-25-2014, 04:44 PM
i pray there is major improvement this year, else this could be a 1-9 start.
If they are 5-5 after those first 10 games, Im buying tequila shots for coach walseth

Bisonionette
10-08-2014, 10:19 PM
WBB preseason poll'd last for this season... Not sure if I agree with that, new coach from a D1 Major school.. All those close games last year... could be W's this season... Brooke selected preseason 1st team all conference...

Bisonionette
10-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Coach Walseth (unlike Richman), has no expectations this season, and can not find anyone to accolade or name in her conf call...

http://static.psbin.com/4/a/mcrnv6brre51xt/North_Dakota_State.mp3

too bad these current players are being tossed in the trash though no fault of their own..

Nothing but gloom and doom.. I'd expect her to at least set the bar a bit higher

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 01:30 AM
That was odd at least blow sunshine up their butts The Taylor Thunstedt #11 freshman would be fun to watch if she doesn't redshirt here.

Here's the freshman https://mobile.twitter.com/MarenWalseth/status/517785225883963392/photo/1

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Coach Walseth (unlike Richman), has no expectations this season, and can not find anyone to accolade or name in her conf call...

too bad these current players are being tossed in the trash though no fault of their own..

Nothing but gloom and doom.. I'd expect her to at least set the bar a bit higher

Not pointing out a player for praise at this juncture is a far cry from them being thrown in the trash.

CAS4127
10-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Not pointing out a player for praise at this juncture is a far cry from them being thrown in the trash.

Sounds like a subtle motivation tactic!!

That said, I have heard her praise players on radio stints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonionette
10-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Could be a tactic. But she was the only coach of the 18 who didn't have a positive thing to say about any of her players. I think she's treating this as a throw away season Tough break got the juniors and seniors.

Mr Meaty
10-16-2014, 03:47 PM
I think Bisonville maybe overreacting to what the coach did or did not say. She is in her first year. She will be able to tell what players she has after more time with them. I know it will be hard to just sit back and wait to see what happens but lets give the coach and the team to get on the same page and turn this around. Heck the football team is six games in and still showing improvement. R-E-L-A-X and have faith.

Bisonionette
10-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Wouldn't you like to get a feel or a critique of
The team she inherited? She's worked with them since April and the season starts next month. The inferences made by her tell a lot. She can't come out and say the team stinks. But she came mighty close. Why attend any games if this is her attitude. ?

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 04:31 PM
picked dead last though? have we really fallen that far with talent ?

Lemar, Whittle and hope to god 1-2 others step up.

imabison
10-16-2014, 06:27 PM
I think Bisonville needs to have faith in Coach Walseth. I agree that she may not needed to say anything.
The entire conference knows about Lemar, Whittle, and Johnson. They are saying EVERYTHING is going
to be new for them now.

roadwarrior
10-16-2014, 06:34 PM
picked dead last though? have we really fallen that far with talent ?

Apparently you missed how we finished last year.

Bisonionette
10-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Ok ok, I just wanted something to come out, something to look forward to, something positive... Her contribution to the conference call was dismal and depressing. Would have liked to some hear some energy, some enthusiasm about her first campaign as a HC.

Mr Meaty
10-16-2014, 06:40 PM
DO you want the new coach to come out and oversell the team like Brewster did for gopher football and then fall flat on his face? We have only one way to go and that is up. Lemar, Whittle and Johnson will help lead the way with the coach giving them the game plan to succeed. The ladies had no guidance last season with a lame duck coach.

TAILG8R
10-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Ok ok, I just wanted something to come out, something to look forward to, something positive... Her contribution to the conference call was dismal and depressing. Would have liked to some hear some energy, some enthusiasm about her first campaign as a HC.

We got plenty of selling from the last coach. I will wait for results before I judge if she can coach or not.

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 06:52 PM
she should say "dead last in the summit is unaceptable and I have 2-3 core women that will ensure that NDSU does not finish there again!"

TAILG8R
10-16-2014, 06:53 PM
she should say "dead last in the summit is unaceptable and I have 2-3 core women that will ensure that NDSU does not finish there again!"

And then when they do she will look like a dumb young no nothing coach. OR she can quietly go about rebuilding a program that is the lowest its ever been. Talk is cheap.

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 06:54 PM
I disagree, set a goal, set a standard. what the hell you gotta lose?

good motivation tool.

TAILG8R
10-16-2014, 06:58 PM

good motivation tool.

I know you don't understand this at all but maybe your integrity?

imabison
10-16-2014, 07:03 PM

good motivation tool.

So you are saying you have been at the practices and are not hearing her say any of this!!!

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 07:41 PM
The team she inherited? She's worked with them since April and the season starts next month. The inferences made by her tell a lot. She can't come out and say the team stinks. But she came mighty close. Why attend any games if this is her attitude. ?

I doubt my decision to attend a WBB will depend on what she did or didnt say.

Bisonionette
10-16-2014, 08:18 PM
well whatever, these kids need to feel good about something, and know coach has their back would go along way.. tsk tsk tsk

mississippitwins
10-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Quite frankly I don't think anybody on the team deserves a bunch of accolades.
The last couple of years it seems the players have run the team or least a select few.
The new coach just might be analyzing the players
See who is willing to buy into team and not individual gains.
I think at this point all starting spots are open and playing time. That is why coach Walseth isn't saying much at this time

Hammersmith
10-17-2014, 03:14 AM

I would have thought you'd be the first person in her corner.

up 19 early in second half... then everyone thought they were Kobe
quite honestly, this team should be gutted, and play with all walk-ons next season..
No remnants of this abortion should remain

p.s. there is a god... this season is nearly done

Tatanka
10-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I would have thought you'd be the first person in her corner.

You ever hear the story about the person that got everything they ever wanted?

steelbison
11-13-2014, 02:06 AM
How about we give this coach some time before we throw her under the bus. She inherited a horrible situation. Let her get a few recruiting classes in and go from there.

In my humble opinion anyone has to be better than our last coach. Possibly the worst coach in NDSU history.

El_Chapo
11-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Did I hear that this Fridays game is at noon? Or was that a mistake?

bisonpride4ever
11-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Did I hear that this Fridays game is at noon? Or was that a mistake?

Noon start on Friday. I'm guessing because the VB teams plays later in the evening.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

El_Chapo
11-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Nooner!!!! Cya there

BisoninNWMN
11-13-2014, 11:41 AM
How about we give this coach some time before we throw her under the bus. She inherited a horrible situation. Let her get a few recruiting classes in and go from there.

In my humble opinion anyone has to be better than our last coach. Possibly the worst coach in NDSU history.

This here and it is not even close. GT should have gotten rid of her years ago but that is done now.

Walseth has the pedigree so let's see what kind of team she can produce.

imabison
11-13-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.inforum.com/content/walseth-takes-over-bison-womens-hoops-program-picked-finish-last-summit

From Jeff Kolpack today....
notes from the article

Don’t take a play off.
She hasn’t really seen ... yet.
It’s something we’re growing and learning ... do
We’re developing that competitive attitude possession after possession ... it’s a work in progress.”

NDSUstudent
11-13-2014, 05:25 PM

Well she is coming from a great program in a great conference, perhaps she has high standards.