PDA

View Full Version : Catch all Recruiting thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

natstar1
07-22-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure if all these girls are D1 talent or if they are even interested in NDSU, but I'm going to mention a few of the best players in the area and see if others have any opinions.

'15
Sydney Boike, 5-10 guard, Crookston. I haven't seen her play in a couple years, but she was co-MVP the last two seasons of the Northwest Conference. The other co-MVP those seasons was Brooke Yaggie. A coach in that conference that went up against Boike and Yaggie told me Boike was easily the best player they played against. She's played a couple seasons of AAU ball with North Tartan, but is playing with MN Stars this summer.

Hannah Stewart, 6-2 forward, Bishop Ryan. She's been the best player for Ryan the past two years as they've won back to back state titles. Currently playing for North Tartan. I'm sure she would fit in nicely at NDSU, but others have posted that we have no shot of getting her.

Fallyn Freije, 6-0 forward, Lakota/Adams-Edmore. I don't know much about her. Also, in the conversation for best Class B player. I thought I heard she had an offer from UND.

'16
Sarah Jacobson, 5-8 guard, Shanley. Everyone knows about her and how much we need to get her. Hands down best player in ND.

Rylee Nudell, 5-9(?) forward, Mapley Valley. Probably in the conversation for best Class B player in ND with Stewart. I don't know where she plays in the summer. She has been MVP of Courts Plus summer league the past 3 seasons. Will probably break Fisher's state record for most career points. I would love to hear some opinions on her.

Madison McKeever, 5-8 guard, Win-E-Mac. I have seen her play quite a bit. Super quick/fast. If she would have ran track I think she would have won the 100m the last 3 years at state. Has played the last 3 summers with North Tartan. Will be a 3,000 point scorer when her career is over. Dominated the state tournament this past winter as they won the title. Like a lot of the Class B kids she's been able to dominate a low level of competition with her superior athleticism.

Hammersmith
07-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Boike going to UND.

BlueKeyAlum
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
July recruiting period is over. Walseth and staff were all over the AAU scene hitting up, among other places, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chicago, Toledo, and Cincinnati.

balla45
07-31-2014, 02:59 AM

Fallyn Frieje is a 2015.

I believe Gabbie Bohl - 6'2" - F - Bishop Ryan has an NDSU offer as well.

Jaye Two Bears - Shiloh Christian

Tore her ACL this summer, but I believe her NDSU offer still is on the table.

Someone may have to double check for me.

Bisonionette
07-31-2014, 04:08 AM
Offer from who? Dehoff? The slate is wiped clean.

natstar1
07-31-2014, 04:48 AM
Fallyn Frieje is a 2015.

Thanks, fixed. Pretty sure I knew that.

Balla, McKeever stand out to you if you watched her play? She would have been on Jacobson's team.

SamsRams
07-31-2014, 05:07 AM
Offer from who? Dehoff? The slate is wiped clean.

Well if anyone has any info or questions if there is an offer I can do some digging. This goes for any sport. if you got a name, I will put some leg work in. If they have an offer, they deserve to be mentioned IMO. So DM me or email me at john.neis@bisonation.info with any names, info or tips and I will get after it

Northern Lites
07-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Well if anyone has any info or questions if there is an offer I can do some digging. This goes for any sport. if you got a name, I will put some leg work in. If they have an offer, they deserve to be mentioned IMO. So DM me or email me at john.neis@bisonation.info with any names, info or tips and I will get after it

Frieje has offers from UND,NDSU,SDSU,USD,Kent State,Montana State

natstar1
08-01-2014, 04:22 AM
That's impressive.

BlueKeyAlum
09-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Hannah Stewart has visits with both Iowa State and with Iowa. Also looking at Oregon State.

A 2016 that we've offered to out of Wisconsin is Autum Ogden, a 5'11 wing.

http://www.ncsasports.org/womens-basketball-recruiting/wi/monona/monona-grove-high-school/autumn-ogden

She has offers from the Bison and Bowling Green.

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Nudell was MVP at courts plus league again. Impressive without being tall. Lindsey Whalen size

BlueKeyAlum
09-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Nudell was MVP at courts plus league again. Impressive without being tall. Lindsey Whalen size

Speaking of Whalen, she's currently quarterbacking the US Women's National team at the Fiba World Championships in Turkey. The US team, coming off the WNBA season, has only had all of its components together for about a week. They're currently 2-0 and have qualified for the quarters.

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Good to know. BKA

bruinbison
10-01-2014, 03:49 PM
From bisonation.info

BisoNation.info @BisoNation

Omaha Central/@NECSSBball Megan Gamble @mastermeg3 has verbaled to the NDSU woman's basketball program https://twitter.com/mastermeg3/status/510776787937550336 … @swmckewonOWH

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1184284/megan-gamble

Wisconsin Academy @WiscoAcademy

S/O to WA 17U Hannah Whitish (@han_whitish24) for receiving an offer from North Dakota State University last night! Congrats Hannah! #WAB
Retweeted by BisoNation.info

CONGRATULATIONS 2016 HANNAH WHITISH ON HER RECENT SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS!

CONGRATULATIONS 2016
HANNAH WHITISH ON RECEIVING SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS
THIS SUMMER, FROM UW-GREEN BAY, NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
AND UW-MILWAUKEE!

http://www.wisconsinacademybasketball.com/

natstar1
10-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Hannah Stewart has visits with both Iowa State and with Iowa. Also looking at Oregon State.

That's impressive. She must of looked real good this summer.

BlueKeyAlum
10-01-2014, 08:33 PM
That's impressive. She must of looked real good this summer.

She played with North tartan This summer. Received lots of exposure.

natstar1
10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
She played with North tartan This summer. Received lots of exposure.
yeah I mentioned that in the OP

natstar1
10-03-2014, 01:18 AM
she verballed to Iowa

bruinbison
10-03-2014, 03:48 PM
she verballed to Iowa

Iowa picked up its second commitment from a top-100 recruit in as many days Thursday when Hannah Stewart of Bishop Ryan High School in Minot, N.D., gave a verbal pledge to the Hawkeyes.

The 6-foot-2 Stewart is ranked as the 95th-best player and the 17th best forward in the Class of 2015 by ESPN HoopGurlz.

The senior said her final five consisted of Gonzaga, Iowa State, Northwestern and Oregon State, but it was her connection with Lisa Bluder and the Iowa staff that made her pick the Hawkeyes.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa/bbwomen-recruiting/2014/10/02/hawkeyes-land-another-top-recruit/16626931/

IIRC her mother Julie (and coach) was from UND, but reading this shows she had outgrown the
UN_ - Big Sky Conference recruiting level. Does anyone have any idea what schools Stewart's fellow twin-tower,
6' 2" Gabbie Bohl is looking at? Has she also outdeveloped the Big Sky - Summit League level?
Also IIRC, Bishop Ryan scheduled Fargo Shanley for a game this winter, putting their win-streak on the line.
Shanley has enougn height to counter Ryan, plus Sara Jacobson, so could be must see tv for basketball fans.

Well, now that I looked, this is promising on Gabbie Bohl, but will wait to hear from those who know.....

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203321/gabbie-bohl

natstar1
10-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Bohl must not be too far outside the top 100. She was the #19 forward and Stewart was #17.

I'll maybe go watch Shanley and Ryan if it's in Fargo. I think Shanley wins fairly comfortably.

bruinbison
10-03-2014, 06:41 PM
From bisonation.info

BisoNation.info @BisoNation

Omaha Central/@NECSSBball Megan Gamble @mastermeg3 has verbaled to the NDSU woman's basketball program https://twitter.com/mastermeg3/statu...76787937550336 … @swmckewonOWH

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1184284/megan-gamble

The worst part in the recruiting process for Omaha Central point guard Megan Gamble
was telling the other coaches that she’d decided to attend North Dakota State.

Gamble, a 5-foot-7 senior, traveled to NDSU a few weeks ago but waited to make her decision until after visiting
Washburn and the University of Nebraska at Kearney. She also considered Southern Illinois.

http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/gamble-to-bison-is-tough-decision/article_42b9f496-58ac-5e76-8e15-b5774beef211.html

SamsRams
10-05-2014, 07:31 AM
For those keeping track.

How many scholarships will the have for 2015/16?
Is Gamble the first reported 2015 verbal?

roadwarrior
10-06-2014, 07:31 PM
How many scholarships will the have for 2015/16?

There are 12 players on the 2014-15 roster.
Three of those are seniors.
The NCAA allows 15 scholarships, so that would mean Coach Walseth has 6 available for next year.

SamsRams
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
There are 12 players on the 2014-15 roster.
Three of those are seniors.
The NCAA allows 15 scholarships, so that would mean Coach Walseth has 6 available for next year.

Zero walk ons?

Bisonionette
10-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I thought one of the current roster fresh man was a walk on

El_Chapo
10-06-2014, 11:36 PM
washburn and Kearney are D2?

moparman
11-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Sad day in my household, Gabbie Bohl is going to play basketball at University of Mary... Was really hoping to watch her play for the Bison...

natstar1
11-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Sad day in my household, Gabbie Bohl is going to play basketball at University of Mary... Was really hoping to watch her play for the Bison...

What is her passion for basketball? ESPN has her ranked as the 19th best forward in the country and she chooses not to play AAU this past summer and then chooses Mary?

balla45
11-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Mary does a good job recruiting. She went to a religious high school and is going to a religious college. Had some knee injuries and a school trip to Rome which prevented her from playing AAU this past season. A former high school teammate of hers is also at UMARY.

NorthernBison
11-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Freije verballed to UND. 3 Time All-State player. 6 Footer who can step out and shoot the 3 with accuracy, runs the floor well, excellent passer and she can go inside and bang with anybody. Damn.

tony
11-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Twitter is making it sound like Kennedy Childers from Dowling HS in Iowa has given NDSU a verbal.

https://twitter.com/FiveStateHoops/status/530570587471880192

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190835/kennedy-childers

bisonpride4ever
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Twitter is making it sound like Kennedy Childers from Dowling HS in Iowa has given NDSU a verbal.

https://twitter.com/FiveStateHoops/status/530570587471880192

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190835/kennedy-childers

If this is true...whoa!!! That's a nice get.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Bisonionette
11-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Be happier if a schollies were committed to a post. Can't find much on this kid. I'm sure she's a baller

coloradobison
11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Be happier if a schollies were committed to a post. Can't find much on this kid. I'm sure she's a baller

Didn't play much last year according the stats here - and didn't light it up as a Soph. Agreed that not much info is out there.

http://www.quikstatsiowa.com/Public/Basketball/IndividualStandings.aspx?IDSport=B657ECDF-ECD0-4429-810A-9F9274EC4AAA&IDSportSeason=h20131001090156714ee86d67429a940&IDTeam=h201310010901574942d254d6a9c2a45&IDAthlete=h20131001090157494a1093a153d1d47

sort team for Dowling to find her

natstar1
11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
how do you sort the ESPN rankings to see only forwards or only guards?

does anyone know anything about Angelica Wiggins? I heard she was going to Hopkins. I think she's a senior.

balla45
11-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Had posted about Jaye Two Bears earlier. With her new interest and offers I think NDSU is probably off the board for her.

natstar1
11-28-2014, 02:17 AM
'16
Sarah Jacobson, 5-8 guard, Shanley. Everyone knows about her and how much we need to get her. Hands down best player in ND.

Madison McKeever, 5-8 guard, Win-E-Mac. I have seen her play quite a bit. Super quick/fast. If she would have ran track I think she would have won the 100m the last 3 years at state. Has played the last 3 summers with North Tartan. Will be a 3,000 point scorer when her career is over. Dominated the state tournament this past winter as they won the title. Like a lot of the Class B kids she's been able to dominate a low level of competition with her superior athleticism.
These two have been teammates the last two seasons at North Tartan and are now switching to Minnesota Fury.

Apparently, I've overrated Jacobson with my "best player in ND" comment too. I still want to see her play for the Bison.

bruinbison
12-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Sarah Jacobson - 2016 offer (I'm assuming, can't remember if there was official word from new Coach Walseth)
leads Fargo Shanley to a victory over Minot Bishop Ryan with 26 points.

With the victory in the long awaited clash between the No. 1 Class A and No. 1 Class B teams, Shanley ran its winning streak to 21 games. The Deacons are the defending state Class A champions.

Minot Ryan’s winning streak, which encompasses two state Class B titles, came to rest at 63 games.

Yet Ryan coach Julie Stewart, unblinking, said she’s not sorry the game was played, and believes it will benefit her team in the long run.

Hats off to Ryan for playing this game, they didn't have to, but sought out a very interesting
Class A - Class B match, (as did Shanley Coach Jacobson)
knowing Shanley had so much talent and height returning this season.

Bishop Ryan
- 6' 3" Hannah Stewart (Iowa) - 17 pts, 19 rbs
- 6' 2" Gabbie Bohl (Mary University) - 17 pts, 11 rbs

Fargo Shanley
- 6' 2" Alivia Fraase (Grand Forks volleyball) 4 pts, 6 rbs
- 6' 0" Lauren Rotunda - JR - 26 pts, 5 rbs
- 6' 2" Emily Dietz - SOPH - 5 pts

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/shanley-ends-minot-ryan-s-streak/article_f6cf7cc0-8e50-11e4-887c-c7c26b619e35.html

BYZEN
12-29-2014, 01:44 AM
:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::pray ing::praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:: praying::praying:
Sarah Jacobson - 2016 offer (I'm assuming, can't remember if there was official word from new Coach Walseth)
leads Fargo Shanley to a victory over Minot Bishop Ryan with 26 points.

Hats off to Ryan for playing this game, they didn't have to, but sought out a very interesting
Class A - Class B match, (as did Shanley Coach Jacobson)
knowing Shanley had so much talent and height returning this season.

Bishop Ryan
- 6' 3" Hannah Stewart (Iowa) - 17 pts, 19 rbs
- 6' 2" Gabbie Bohl (Mary University) - 17 pts, 11 rbs

Fargo Shanley
- 6' 2" Alivia Fraase (Grand Forks volleyball) 4 pts, 6 rbs
- 6' 0" Lauren Rotunda - JR - 26 pts, 5 rbs
- 6' 2" Emily Dietz - SOPH - 5 pts

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/shanley-ends-minot-ryan-s-streak/article_f6cf7cc0-8e50-11e4-887c-c7c26b619e35.html

I can only hope as much!

natstar1
12-30-2014, 10:15 PM
The junior scored her 2,000 point today in a loss to DGF.

Bisonionette
12-31-2014, 06:04 PM
The junior scored her 2,000 point today in a loss to DGF.

I hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..

steelbison
01-05-2015, 11:05 AM
I hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..

Your rhetoric is old. I haven't figured out if you are actually DeHoff or a close relative. Whoever you are take your BS someplace else.

tony
01-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Your rhetoric is old. I haven't figured out if you are actually DeHoff or a close relative. Whoever you are take your BS someplace else.

An odd comment by Bisonionette. Don't think that Bisonionette was a fan of DeHoff though.

The Lost Dutchman
01-05-2015, 12:55 PM
An odd comment by Bisonionette. Don't think that Bisonionette was a fan of DeHoff though.

Or a fan of the coach that's already won more games in January than the previous coach did all of last season. Noticed how she had nothing negative to say in the SDSU game thread.

tjbison
01-05-2015, 01:24 PM
i hope the team opens up to other ethnic groups than blue eyed blonde girls..

wtf.........

BlueKeyAlum
01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm hoping Walseth can pull in kids who are D1 talent and who want to be Bison. A phenomenon that happened recently (and the stars may have to allign for this to happen) was the publicity and energy generated at Louisville when they landed Shoni and Jude Schimmel off the Umatilla Indian Reservation in Oregon. Shoni is an elite talent who now is in the WNBA but while in Louisville native crowds flocked to home and away games to see her and visit with her after games. I don't know if there is a local Native American kid with that talent, that desire and that
Following but it would be a cool dynamic if it could happen.

Tatanka
01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm hoping Walseth can pull in kids who are D1 talent and who want to be Bison.^^^^^^^^^^^This. End of story.

HerdBot
01-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Bisionette probably meant that she would like to see Walseth expand the recruiting beyond our little midwest foot print which is primarily Norwegian heritage. Maybe not the best wording but I see her point. If we can land enough talent in ND, SD, MN, and WI were good, but if we can't, let's go a little deeper into other parts of the country.

Bisonionette
01-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Bisionette probably meant that she would like to see Walseth expand the recruiting beyond our little midwest foot print which is primarily Norwegian heritage. Maybe not the best wording but I see her point. If we can land enough talent in ND, SD, MN, and WI were good, but if we can't, let's go a little deeper into other parts of the country.

Thanks, my point is there should be an effort to be inclusive, until we are, its difficult to recruit girls of color as they tend not to want to be the "only one" on the team. Now that the coaching staff has some diversity perhaps that will help in recruiting from urban areas of minn, wisc, and maybe illinois.

Folks here are so quick to throw a punch geeeze...

The Lost Dutchman
01-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks, my point is there should be an effort to be inclusive, until we are, its difficult to recruit girls of color as they tend not to want to be the "only one" on the team. Now that the coaching staff has some diversity perhaps that will help in recruiting from urban areas of minn, wisc, and maybe illinois.

Folks here are so quick to throw a punch geeeze...

It's a bad point because there has been diversity on the roster in the past. Just because you choose to ignore that is on you.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
01-06-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm hoping Walseth can pull in kids who are D1 talent and who want to be Bison. A phenomenon that happened recently (and the stars may have to allign for this to happen) was the publicity and energy generated at Louisville when they landed Shoni and Jude Schimmel off the Umatilla Indian Reservation in Oregon. Shoni is an elite talent who now is in the WNBA but while in Louisville native crowds flocked to home and away games to see her and visit with her after games. I don't know if there is a local Native American kid with that talent, that desire and that

Funny you mentioned that! This article should interest you then: http://www.lakotacountrytimes.com/news/2014-06-19/Sports/Oelrichs_Blacksmith_participates_in_Univ_of_Neb_el .html

steelbison
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
It's a bad point because there has been diversity on the roster in the past. Just because you choose to ignore that is on you.

This!!! Also we are going to recruit the best players we can get. PERIOD!! doesn't matter what their skin color is.

natstar1
01-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Jaye Two Bears from Shiloh is supposedly a D1 talent. I've heard she's received offers from schools "bigger" than NDSU also.

BlueKeyAlum
01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Funny you mentioned that! This article should interest you then: http://www.lakotacountrytimes.com/news/2014-06-19/Sports/Oelrichs_Blacksmith_participates_in_Univ_of_Neb_el .html

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Answer Guy
01-07-2015, 01:55 AM
I don't know if there is a local Native American kid with that talent, that desire and that

Best way to improve the Bison is to recruit Sioux?

Snowgoose
01-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Jaye Two Bears from Shiloh is supposedly a D1 talent. I've heard she's received offers from schools "bigger" than NDSU also.

Jaye is potentially out for the year with a knee injury.

natstar1
01-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Jaye is potentially out for the year with a knee injury.

That's too bad. Only a junior, hopefully she comes back 100% next season.

Snowgoose
01-07-2015, 11:29 PM
That's too bad. Only a junior, hopefully she comes back 100% next season.

I somewhat wonder if this scare off the big schools and allow a school like ndsu to be a good choice.

bruinbison
01-16-2015, 10:07 PM
A local name to keep an eye on for the future,

Sam Haiby is formidable freshman for Moorhead girls basketball

Through 11 games, she’s averaging 19.5 points, 5.6 assists, 4.5 rebounds, 2.9 steals and shooting above 41 percent, including 39 percent from beyond the 3-point line.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3656929-sam-haiby-formidable-freshman-moorhead-girls-basketball

bruinbison
01-29-2015, 04:03 PM
A nice article on another local name to keep an eye on -
for you out-of-town folks who don't get the Forum, a name familiar to Bison football fans...........:)

Mira Ellefson - 5' 10" JR from Hawley

Mira is averaging 18.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.9 steals a game for Class 2A’s No. 4-ranked Hawley. She’s shooting 55 percent from inside the 3-point arc and 45 percent outside of it.

“What’s nice about Mira is she’s versatile,” Hawley girls basketball coach Bill Gottenborg said. “She can play inside or outside and for a girl her size, she can handle the ball really well. She’s tough too. It seems like girls just bounce off her down low.”

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3666630-ellefson-steps-out-brothers-shadow-hawley

natstar1
01-31-2015, 02:46 AM
McKeever had 45 tonight vs Park Christian.

natstar1
02-04-2015, 02:25 AM
Mira went over 1,000 points tonight.

Bison"FANatic"
02-09-2015, 02:37 PM
KFGO was talking this AM that NDSU received a verbal from a Junior from Maple Valley, I missed the name but is it Nudell that was mentioned on the first post of this thread.

El_Chapo
02-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Yes Rylee Nudell is committed. Congrats to her.

Now go get Sarah Jacobson and the freshman from moorhead High can we get a verbal from a freshman?

natstar1
02-10-2015, 05:35 PM
It would have to be. I watched her play once this year. It was like watching a dude vs HS girls.

imabison
02-13-2015, 12:35 AM
KFGO was talking this AM that NDSU received a verbal from a Junior from Maple Valley, I missed the name but is it Nudell that was mentioned on the first post of this thread.
Izzo reported the same on WDAY at 6 today, the video looked like shades of Katie Bickel. She is a junior so a year away from the Bison.

DIBISON
02-13-2015, 01:02 AM
Huge get for the Bison. Has been starting since 8th 9th grade. A talented local North Dakota recruit. NDSU hasn't been able to get these type the past 5 - 6 years. Gotta get the good in-state recruits when they are available.

natstar1
02-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Huge get for the Bison. Has been starting since 8th 9th grade. A talented local North Dakota recruit. NDSU hasn't been able to get these type the past 5 - 6 years. Gotta get the good in-state recruits when they are available.
I talked to a guy who student taught at MV her 7th grade year and he said she was their best player that year. She might have came of the bench too I could see how starting a 7th grader could hurt a team's chemistry. Like I mentioned in the OP she has been the MVP of Courts Plus summer league 4 years in a row.

imabison
02-14-2015, 02:35 AM
I talked to a guy who student taught at MV her 7th grade year and he said she was their best player that year. She might have came of the bench too I could see how starting a 7th grader could hurt a team's chemistry. Like I mentioned in the OP she has been the MVP of Courts Plus summer league 4 years in a row.
If I recall and it was long ago, if a 7th grader played to many quarters not games it would mean she would have to give up a year of high school eligibility and yes as always I could be wrong.
M

bruinbison
02-14-2015, 03:49 AM
Maple Valley junior Rylee Nudell – one of the state’s most prolific girls basketball scorers – has verbally committed to play basketball at North Dakota State.

The 5-foot-10 forward has scored 2,461 points in her prep career and is ranked sixth on the state’s unofficial all-time scoring list. She has scored 522 points this season.

Nudell is averaging 27.5 points, 10.8 rebounds and 4.9 steals per game this season.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3677690-maple-valley-girls-basketball-standout-rylee-nudell-verbally-commits-ndsu

natstar1
02-14-2015, 07:24 AM
If I recall and it was long ago, if a 7th grader played to many quarters not games it would mean she would have to give up a year of high school eligibility and yes as always I could be wrong.

It says in the article above she's been starting since her 7th grade year.

Bisonionette
02-15-2015, 12:36 AM
What do u start in 7th grade? Hope we get help and clear out all of dehoffs false talent. This current roster is a disaster.

DORMIE
02-15-2015, 03:25 PM
At least they give 100%.

HerdBot
02-15-2015, 03:41 PM
What do u start in 7th grade? Hope we get help and clear out all of dehoffs false talent. This current roster is a disaster.

I agree the talent level is middle of the road and doesn't really fit the style of ball we play, but at least they play hard. Walseth has a plan. It may take another year but by the time the shac opens, we will start to see the benefits of building the program the right way. Players who fit her style of basketball. Patience is something we will need and I'm more than willing to wait :)

imabison
02-15-2015, 04:59 PM
At least they give 100%.

I would agree with you on all previous games but was missing yesterday. They played like a team on the road that did not want to be there. Of course the ball was not going in the basket and Omaha had a shooter that could not miss.

mississippitwins
02-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Now that the gimmick of playing fast is over, teams have adjusted
Unfortunately we still have a subpar COACH and staff. Although Patrick the post coach has helped Liz, Spiers and Holly’s inside game.
I don’t see any improvement any time soon!!!!

unbison
02-15-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm unsure how you can say there is no improvement in coaching...when these girls are out athleted every night on the court

Tatanka
02-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Now that the gimmick of playing fast is over, teams have adjusted
Unfortunately we still have a subpar COACH and staff. Although Patrick the post coach has helped Liz, Spiers and Holly’s inside game.
I don’t see any improvement any time soon!!!!

Well thank you for that ray of sunshine... Totally serious here, why do you say NDSU has a sub par coach and staff?

HerdBot
02-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Well thank you for that ray of sunshine... Totally serious here, why do you say NDSU has a sub par coach and staff?

He/she/it is a troll and wants a response. Were 3 wins away from equalling 2 years of Conference wins. Were still bad but the lack of talent and depth is killing us.

unbison
02-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Not one positive post ever from that poster

Mr Meaty
02-15-2015, 10:34 PM
The women team is headed in the right direction. Huge steps forward this year and future looks bright. If a bb fan does not see this they are blind.

Tatanka
02-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Let's let them answer. I'd like to hear the reasoning.
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.

mississippitwins
02-16-2015, 02:53 AM
I wasn’t Happy with the hire of DeHoff. And yes I will tell Lynn Dorn “I TOLD YOU SO’’ be for she leaves.

1st if you are talented coach you don’t spend six years as an assistant. Would have been 7 but Lynn threw $150,000 in her face HAAAA no brainer.

2nd first press conference not going to watch film from the past, going to recruit the players that are here now. All political bullsh** If you don’t watch your players, how can you help them improve. I hope she is watching new recruits, before she offers.

3rd When she does interviews she doesn’t use the word TEAM enough.

4th When you run all your offence threw one player it’s not hard to stop. Teams are sagging off other players and making it hard to get offensive rebounds and she wonders why the team struggles on offensive rebounds

The eight players that have played most of this year’s minute are very capable of winning.
Lack of coaching, lets just call these players bad and move on. Like the first recruit out of Omaha, that only had D-2 offers is improving.

I understand everybody is excited for new beginning, just as we where for DeHoff, look how that turned out. I just don’t think she has it, sorry!!

aces1180
02-16-2015, 03:07 AM
I wasn’t Happy with the hire of DeHoff. And yes I will tell Lynn Dorn “I TOLD YOU SO’’ be for she leaves.

1st if you are talented coach you don’t spend six years as an assistant. Would have been 7 but Lynn threw $150,000 in her face HAAAA no brainer.

2nd first press conference not going to watch film from the past, going to recruit the players that are here now. All political bullsh** If you don’t watch your players, how can you help them improve. I hope she is watching new recruits, before she offers.

4th When you run all your offence threw one player it’s not hard to stop. Teams are sagging off other players and making it hard to get offensive rebounds and she wonders why the team struggles on offensive rebounds

The eight players that have played most of this year’s minute are very capable of winning.
Lack of coaching, lets just call these players bad and move on. Like the first recruit out of Omaha, that only had D-2 offers is improving.

I understand everybody is excited for new beginning, just as we where for DeHoff, look how that turned out. I just don’t think she has it, sorry!!

Hmmm....Saul was an asst. for eight...Miles was one of six...Richman is probably going to be COTY in his first season at the helm after 11 years as an asst. (I realize its way early on Dave)...Seems like it turned out okay for them, no?

unbison
02-16-2015, 03:24 AM

these eight players you speak of being so very capable of winning have won how many conference games before this season?.

MAKBison
02-16-2015, 03:49 AM

Or 2 is a signal to a broken team that everyone is on a even playing field, fresh start etc.
3. thats a reach

mississippitwins
02-16-2015, 04:03 AM
All those coaches are men.
Men’s coaches are ruthless they have egos, do what ever to win
A large majority of woman coach’s at any level have a tendency to care about certain players and have favorites.

As for wins and loses the summit league maybe its weakest ever. Bad coaching has cost these ladies games this year
I’m not going to get into arguments on this forum; it’s just my opinion.

unbison
02-16-2015, 11:46 AM
A large majority of woman coach’s at any level have a tendency to care about certain players and have favorites.

As for wins and loses the summit league maybe its weakest ever. Bad coaching has cost these ladies games this year

Are you a parent of a player

Mr Meaty
02-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Somebody peed in your Cheerios and you are not happy. Basically same team as last year and have won more games than last year. Another point this team is playing until the end of the games. Yes they still have suffered a couple of blowout losses but they are moving onward and upward. I guess you were expecting a NCAA bid in new coaches first year. Let her recruit players to her style of play. I guess I'm willing to give her a year or two and not throw her under the bus 20 games in. Maybe you Mississippi twins should have applied for the job since you are ruthless and will do whatever to win.

unbison
02-16-2015, 01:32 PM
My Cheerios???

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
02-16-2015, 01:35 PM
My Cheerios???

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk
Did not mean to quote your post. I fixed my post.

imabison
02-17-2015, 12:42 AM

I disagree with your thought about Women's coaching, in fact I feel coaching is the reason NDSU women have won what they have already.

bisonsupporter
03-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Overheard someone say (while watching Shanley vs Red River) Sarah Jacobson from Shanley is going to SDSU. Is this true?

natstar1
03-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Overheard someone say (while watching Shanley vs Red River) Sarah Jacobson from Shanley is going to SDSU. Is this true?

yikes!

just came to post that I really want to see her at NDSU.

roadwarrior
03-13-2015, 07:58 PM

I haven't heard that she has made a decision yet. She attended many NDSU women's games this season.

bisonsupporter
03-13-2015, 08:11 PM
I haven't heard that she has made a decision yet. She attended many NDSU women's games this season.

This was just a conversation I was eavesdropping on. I haven't seen anything either, but sometimes a parent leaks something.

imabison
03-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Use the power of mental telepathy, get her to NDSU. Living in Fargo makes sense she would come ad watch AJ play.

Bison"FANatic"
03-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Use the power of mental telepathy, get her to NDSU. Living in Fargo makes sense she would come ad watch AJ play.

They very very rarely do men's women's double headers.

natstar1
03-15-2015, 12:58 AM
Is Lauren Rotunda possibly a D1 player?

DORMIE
03-15-2015, 06:39 PM
The way she played last night as a 6-0 junior forward, she sure has potential.

bruinbison
03-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Rylee Nudell of Maple Valley - 2016 NDSU verbal
named to Class B All-State Team

Nudell, a 5-10 junior, is a repeat first-team pick after gaining second-team designation as a freshman. She averaged 26.9 points, 10.7 rebounds, 4.8 steals, 1.7 blocks and 4 assists this season for 20-5 Maple Valley.

With 2,612 points, Nudell is on pace to exceed 3,000 for her career next season.

“When she was starting as a seventh-grader, she was mostly a post player,” Maple Valley coach Jeff Miller said.
“We had to move her to the point this year and she did well.

“She’s worked on her shooting and people have to respect it. But she also takes it strong to the basket. She’s always
double- and triple-teamed around the basket, but she’s still able to score with her power and moves.”

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3706355-minot-ryans-stewart-bohl-highlight-nd-class-b-girls-basketball-all

And on a Bison trivia note, a 2nd team ND Class B All-State member is Alli Vandal. Alli is the sister to former NDSU football player Lee Vandal (2006-2010). A 6 footer, Vandal has signed with Valley City State (former Bison Jill DeVries - Head Coach).

imabison
03-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know the proper link for a possible recruit to use to submit info to NDSU?

Heard about a possible from her relative over the weekend I would like to have them send the young lady the link.
I am blocked at work from that area of Gobison.com

bruinbison
03-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know the proper link for a possible recruit to use to submit info to NDSU?

Heard about a possible from her relative over the weekend I would like to have them send the young lady the link.
I am blocked at work from that area of Gobison.com

Here is one I see from GoBison. Hope it works!

https://secureq.scoutwareforms.net/q/ndsu_wbb/f28a1.html

imabison
03-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Here is one I see from GoBison. Hope it works!

https://secureq.scoutwareforms.net/q/ndsu_wbb/f28a1.html

Thanks I will forward that on. All I was told is tall, very athletic, good player and there is
a family connection to NDSU.

natstar1
03-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Top 200 list from MN, ND, SD, IA, and NE. We have one player on the list.

http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/1173074-class-of-2015?tab=permissions

edit: http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/1173075-class-of-2016
'16 list - Nudell not on the list. The guy that made it told me it was just an oversight. She should be on there, somewhere.

Lauren Rotunda #87

Bisonionette
03-30-2015, 11:59 PM
and what Travis has like six?

Bisonator98
03-31-2015, 12:38 AM
and what Travis has like six?

Yeah but 5 guards? WTF are they doing signing 5 guards in one class??

Bisonionette
03-31-2015, 05:09 AM
We need to recruit some post players. Carolyn left us undersized So far Marens commits lack size

natstar1
03-31-2015, 05:26 AM
Yeah but 5 guards? WTF are they doing signing 5 guards in one class??

Klabo (6'2") and Freije (6'1") will be some pretty versatile "guards" IMO.

natstar1
04-01-2015, 02:13 AM
NDSU Bison WBB ‏@NDSUwbb
The Herd keeps growing! #BisonWBBFam ��������

any idea who this is?

SamsRams
04-01-2015, 05:02 AM
Brianna Jones 6'1" from Indianapolis via Danville Area Community College. Averaged nearly a double double. Incoming junior

http://www.mwaconference.com/sports/wbkb/2014-15/players/briannajones3ciw

natstar1
04-01-2015, 06:04 AM
Thanks.

In her conference she was 10th in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and 2nd in FG%. I have no idea how that will translate to the Summit League.

SamsRams
04-01-2015, 06:53 AM
First team all conference also and their team finished 24-8 overall

bruinbison
04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Sara Jacobson (2016 NDSU offer) was a unanimous pick to the ND Class A All-State Basketball Team last week.

Jacobson, a 5-9 guard, picked up her third-straight first team honor by averaging 22 points per game, 6.3 rebounds per game and 6.3 assists per game. Jacobson helped the Deacons go undefeated in winning their second straight Class A state championship.

Jacobson's Fargo Shanley teammate, JR Lauren Rotunda, was also named to the 1st team.

Rotunda, a 6-0 forward, averaged 14 points and 5.3 rebounds per game for the Deacons, who won their 43rd straight game after defeating Bismarck Century 46-38 in the state championship game.

The All-State Team also has a 6' 1" junior from Minot, Cassie Askvig, who was also a unanimous pick -

Askvig, a first-team selection as a sophomore, averaged 13.6 points per game and 7.8 rebounds per game for the Majettes.

“Cassie has a great work ethic and is very passionate about the game,” Minot head coach Bernie Wasser said of the 6-1 forward. “We rely on her a lot both offensively and defensively. She is always trying to improve her game and is very coachable.”

Perhaps the western Bisonville fans have seen Askvig play and can comment as to how high a level recruit she is.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/jossart-on-all-state-first-team/article_b7266bcf-1fc9-5045-953e-bd9647b608b7.html

Bison03
04-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Sara Jacobson will sign with the Bison? It might be the biggest lock of a recruit of all time!

imabison
04-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Sara Jacobson will sign with the Bison? It might be the biggest lock of a recruit of all time!

As of the March Madness program at the Fargodome I can tell you in her words she was undecided. That was after being asked by multiple people were she was going to play.

Tatanka
04-03-2015, 03:13 PM

Plenty of doubt. Seriously.

DIBISON
04-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Are you kidding me? What a bunch of garbage.

NDSU_grad
04-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Right now I would put her chances of signing with the Bison at below 50%.

tjbison
04-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Right now I would put her chances of signing with the Bison at below 50%.

who else is recruiting her, if its listed esewhere I havent seen it

imabison
04-03-2015, 04:20 PM
who else is recruiting her, if its listed esewhere I havent seen it

Somewhere it was stated that SDSU had the inside track. But that is hearsay from this board.

FCSFan
04-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Sara Jacobson (2016 NDSU offer) was a unanimous pick to the ND Class A All-State Basketball Team last week.

Jacobson's Fargo Shanley teammate, JR Lauren Rotunda, was also named to the 1st team.

The All-State Team also has a 6' 1" junior from Minot, Cassie Askvig, who was also a unanimous pick -

Perhaps the western Bisonville fans have seen Askvig play and can comment as to how high a level recruit she is.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/jossart-on-all-state-first-team/article_b7266bcf-1fc9-5045-953e-bd9647b608b7.html

Askvig is very athletic and quicker than most 6 footers including H. Stewart from Minot Ryan, shoots the 3 ball the best on the team. Plays the post but may be better suited to play 3 with her skills and quicks. Could easily score over 20pts. pg but wasn't asked to with her Senior surrounding class. Noticed she was called upon for the clutch 3 when needed and sometimes help bring ball up when Minot was pressed. I believe her senior year will be break out year. She was asked to be on the Varsity team as an 8th grader but declined. My opinion from what I saw this year the 3 best college recruits in girls basketball were H. Stewart, S. Jacobson and C. Askvig...far and above the rest. Would be nice to keep the two Juniors instate and in Green and Gold.

SanDakotaState
04-03-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure SDSU is full for there 2016 recruits with the verbals from Megan Bultsma and Sydney Tracy (daughter of NDSU HOF Mike Tracy). You won't have to worry about Jacobson going to Brookings.

southcliffbison
04-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure SDSU is full for there 2016 recruits with the verbals from Megan Bultsma and Sydney Tracy (daughter of NDSU HOF Mike Tracy). You won't have to worry about Jacobson going to Brookings.

Goes to show you how far the WBB program has declined when we are losing legacy kids to our conference rivals. Need a good season (at least a top three finish in the conference) or this disturbing trend will continue.

Mr Meaty
04-04-2015, 03:12 PM
The corner has turned already after just one season with coach walseth. WBB will get the culture of winning as other programs. I have full faith we will land the recruits we need and want to be a bison. Go bison

southcliffbison
04-05-2015, 12:07 AM
The corner has turned already after just one season with coach walseth. WBB will get the culture of winning as other programs. I have full faith we will land the recruits we need and want to be a bison. Go bison

I sincerely hope you are right, sir.

natstar1
04-26-2015, 07:33 PM
MN Fury, Jacobson's and McKeever's team, won the Deep South Classic in Raleigh, NC today.

BlueKeyAlum
04-26-2015, 09:17 PM
MN Fury, Jacobson's and McKeever's team, won the Deep South Classic in Raleigh, NC today.

Beat another Minnesota program in the Final ; Minnesota Stars Martin

BFKasper14
04-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Really, REALLY hope Jacobson decides to follow her brother to NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruinbison
04-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Moorhead HS basketball player Sam Haiby (FR) playing baseball, yes baseball, on freshman team for the Spuds.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-school-sports/3733256-league-her-own-moorheads-haiby-striking-out-gender-roles

“You can tell she’s an athlete,” Moorhead freshman baseball coach Steve Timmer said. “She can pretty much do anything. I know she plays basketball, but doesn’t play a fall sport. She sure could. With the type of athlete she is and person she is, she could.”

She’s not too bad at basketball either. She averaged 20.7 points, 5.8 assists, 4.9 rebounds and 3.1 steals a game in her first year as a starter on the varsity basketball team for Moorhead this season. She’s getting looks from South Dakota State, North Dakota State,
North Carolina, New Mexico and Minnesota for basketball.

BlueKeyAlum
05-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Hannah Sjerven, 6-2 post out of Rogers in Minnesota has tweeted that she picked up offer from the Bison. She's Competing with AAU North Tartan.

bruinbison
05-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Hannah Sjerven, 6-2 post out of Rogers in Minnesota has tweeted that she picked up offer from the Bison.
She's Competing with AAU North Tartan.

Rogers HS was 19-7 last season, 6-2 in the Mississippi 8 (2nd).
Sjerven is Class of 2016 - in the 2014-15 season she averaged 12.3 rpg, 13.5 ppg

natstar1
05-18-2015, 12:45 AM
NDSU Bison WBB ‏@NDSUwbb 11m11 minutes ago
The Herd keeps growing! #BisonWBBFam ��������

who did we get?

mainejeff
06-11-2015, 07:56 PM
NDSU Bison WBB ‏@NDSUwbb 11m11 minutes ago
The Herd keeps growing! #BisonWBBFam 🏀🏀🏀🏀

who did we get?

Yes.....who did you get???

mainejeff
06-12-2015, 12:18 AM
6-2 P Danneka Voegeli MN-17 is headed to North Dakota State.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
06-12-2015, 12:23 PM
This is all directly copied from Dom Izzo.. source : http://www.wday.com/sports/3764886-bison-womens-basketball-adds-post-winona

One of Maren Walseth's main goals was to get back recruiting in the state of Minnesota and the Bison women's basketball coach may have found a hidden gem.

NDSU has received a verbal commitment from 6'2 Winona sophomore Danneka Voegeli.

Voegeli averaged ten points and ten rebounds a game this year for the Winhawks, her coach Tim Gleason tells me she had interest from SDSU and Green Bay.

She's the first recruit for the Class of 2017."

Mr Meaty
06-12-2015, 01:32 PM
6-2 P Danneka Voegeli MN-17 is headed to North Dakota State.

Glad to see a local gal getting the chance. Nice height and good stats from sophomore. Time to improve game yet and get to some more NDSU camps to help improve her game.

BlueKeyAlum
06-12-2015, 02:40 PM
She's in the Minnesota Fury AAU program, the same program that Sarah Jacobsen competes with during Spring/Summer

Mr Meaty
06-12-2015, 03:34 PM
She's in the Minnesota Fury AAU program, the same program that Sarah Jacobsen competes with during Spring/Summer

I do realize until they are actually on campus they are not ours yet, but any idea if Sarah Jacobsen leaning NDSU way?

mainejeff
06-12-2015, 04:40 PM
I do realize until they are actually on campus they are not ours yet, but any idea if Sarah Jacobsen leaning NDSU way?

Was also wondering about Jacobson........and Sjerven for that matter......???

BlueKeyAlum
06-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Bison have also offered 6'1" F Katie Van scyoc out of Oshkosh Wisconsin.

BlueKeyAlum
06-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Jacobsen is playing with Minnesota Fury 16 Elite. They've travelled extensively this Spring and are like 20-2 and this morning they won the elite division of the North Tartan sponsored Summer Jam over a good program out of Virginia, Boo Williams. Sarah is averaging around 4-5 points per outing. The firepower in the Fury comes from Jamie Ruden out of Rochester John Marshall and Taylor Koenen out of Shakopee. Those two are not staying in the Midwest as Ruden is headed to Arizona State and Kienen is headed to the University of North Carolina

bri-dog
07-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Is NDSU looking at Kennedy Henningsgard? I have never seen her play, since I live in Colorado (so I don't know if she's good enough), but her parents are from my hometown and her dad was pretty good.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dakota/3780511-lake-region-state-college-basketball-player-named-one-top-players-country

The last line of the story:

Henningsgard says her dream is to play for NDSU after leaving Lake Region.

Elephants Dream?
07-08-2015, 05:25 AM
With only 7 returning players there's plenty of recruiting to do.
3 of those players have very little (almost zero) time on the court.

natstar1
07-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Is NDSU looking at Kennedy Henningsgard? I have never seen her play, since I live in Colorado (so I don't know if she's good enough), but her parents are from my hometown and her dad was pretty good.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dakota/3780511-lake-region-state-college-basketball-player-named-one-top-players-country

The last line of the story:
I don't know if I saw her play as a senior, but I definitely saw her play her junior year and at the time her older sister Taylor was the definitive best player on the team. Taylor played a season a Mary and then went to LR. She got to play as a freshman at Mary so not sure why she exactly left.

natstar1
07-08-2015, 12:45 PM
With only 7 returning players there's plenty of recruiting to do.
3 of those players have very little (almost zero) time on the court.

Is Breske coming back? She hardly saw the floor last year.

Mr Meaty
07-08-2015, 01:02 PM

I would assume so. I thought I saw a tweet in the last couple of days that wished her a happy birthday from NDSU WBB.

BlueKeyAlum
07-08-2015, 03:02 PM
I would assume so. I thought I saw a tweet in the last couple of days that wished her a happy birthday from NDSU WBB.

I saw the Birthday Tweet as well.

bruinbison
07-08-2015, 03:55 PM
One 2016 high school player previously talked of was tweeted about by the Wyoming football guy

Ryan Holmgren ‏@ryanholmgren Jul 6
Per source: Minot High's Cassie Askvig has verbally committed to UMary. #BreakingNewsOnOldBeat #MDNpreps #NSICWBB @MDN_Sports

UMary also recruited Minot Ryan's Gabbie Bohl (6' 2") this spring, looks like their program is on the upswing.
Both Askvig and Bohl sounded like players that could have gone D1. UMary was 10-19 last season.

Elephants Dream?
07-08-2015, 05:09 PM

I believe Wiebe, Breske, and Yaggie will be back.

Elephants Dream?
07-10-2015, 02:46 AM
Back in June, I was informed that McKenna Happke was leaving NDSU and would
enroll at St. Cloud State.
I didn't see anything about it in this forum, but I believe it to be true.
That's why I said 7 returning and not 8, in post #144 above.
(I'm guessing some of you were counting players!)

natstar1
07-13-2015, 12:16 AM
McKeever and Jacobson's team won a Nike tournament in Chicago this weekend.

BlueKeyAlum
07-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Tyrah Spencer, 5'10" wing out of Bloomington Kennedy (2016) verbals the Herd. 5statehoops has her #54 in class ranking.

bruinbison
07-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Tyrah Spencer, 5'10" wing out of Bloomington Kennedy (2016) verbals the Herd. 5statehoops has her #54 in class ranking.

Good news! Coach Walseth goes back to her hometown of Bloomington (Jefferson was her high school)
and keeps the Minnesota recruiting going.

El_Chapo
07-16-2015, 04:01 PM

54th??? whoa. what? we should be getting top 20 girls, im sorry.

BlueKeyAlum
07-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Good news! Coach Walseth goes back to her hometown of Bloomington (Jefferson was her high school)
and keeps the Minnesota recruiting going.

https://twitter.com/fivestatehoops/status/621691281106968581

Mr Meaty
07-16-2015, 05:38 PM
https://twitter.com/fivestatehoops/status/621691281106968581

sounds promising. I hope so.

bruinbison
07-17-2015, 02:28 AM
copied from bisonation.info twitter feed.....

WHS Girls Basketball
‏@WaukeeGirlsBB
Congrats to Waukee Senior Reilly Jacobson on receiving an offer from North Dakota State University! ��

Jacobson is listed as a 6' 1" PF from Waukee, Iowa (2016)
She was part of Waukee's 1st 5A state championship team, beating Valley 72-58 for the title.
Jacobson scored 24 points and had 12 rebounds.

http://whotv.com/2015/03/07/warriors-win-first-ever-girls-state-basketball-title/

1st team all-state in 2015 as a junior averaging 17 ppg, 2nd team all-state as a sophomore.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/25/ciml-girls-basketball/24011917/

From this same article - Kennedy Childers, sr., Dowling Catholic,
2nd team all-conference, Western Division, Central Iowa Conference

bruinbison
07-17-2015, 03:38 AM

Other names from 5statehoops top 100 include:

27.....Sarah Jacobson...Fargo Shanley (ND)......Minnesota Fury 2016 Elite 5'8" Guard
30.....Reilly Jacobson....Waukee (IA)............... Kingdom Hoops 11th Elite 6'1" Forward
36.....Rylee Nudell........Maple Valley (ND)........ 5'10" Forward
46.....Hannah Sjerven...Rogers (MN)........North Tartan Nike EYBL 6'2" Post
65.....Jaye Two Bears...Shiloh Christian (ND).....ND Phenom 5'10" Guard
80.....Lauren Rotunda... Fargo Shanley (ND)...... ND Pro Elite 6'0" Forward
85.....Madison McKeever.......Win-E-Mac (MN)..Minnesota Fury Elite 5'7" Guard

http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/1173075-class-of-2016

SanDakotaState
07-31-2015, 04:13 PM
SDSU gets a verbal from Tylee Irwin from Wahpeton, 2017 wing. She's the first player in the 2017 ND class to verbal.

http://www.kjasr.com/
http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/1762173-tylee-irwin

natstar1
08-07-2015, 02:45 AM
Two Bears verballed to UW-Milwaukee

HerdBot
08-07-2015, 02:56 AM
Two Bears verballed to UW-Milwaukee

Is that legal?

Tatanka
08-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Is that legal?

:rimshot:
Ok this got me.

tjbison
08-07-2015, 04:01 AM
Sucks losing local talent...tells you the state of women's D1 ball in ND

imabison
08-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Sucks losing local talent...tells you the state of women's D1 ball in ND

Actually ithat NDSU to be considered is a positive step, and the Bison will get future local athletes.

Bisonionette
08-10-2015, 04:56 PM
actually, we're not missing much here... she's not as good as advertised, played against very week teams, bloated stats.

mainejeff
08-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Any word on Sarah Jacobson?

natstar1
08-15-2015, 11:49 PM
McKeever going to USD.

summitfever
08-16-2015, 01:28 PM
McKeever going to USD.

Meh.
Good luck to her with the Yotes.

coloradobison
08-18-2015, 07:52 PM
New commit for 2016 (via Izzo)

5-foot-11 guard/forward from Monona Grove in Wisconsin.

http://host.madison.com/conferences/badger/article_6bbe971f-a408-58e7-9b4d-93ec8252fa98.html#.VdOLLPt7Fb0.twitter

BlueKeyAlum
08-23-2015, 03:43 AM
So, this far the expected class to sign this Fall is:

Rylie Nudell, 5–10 guard out of North Dakota
Tyrah Spencer, 5–10 wing out of Minnesota
Anna Goodhope, 6–0 forward out of South Dakota
Autumn Ogden, 5–11 wing out of Wisconsin

Three scholarships still available

Bisonionette
08-24-2015, 04:56 PM
I think this year will be difficult to stomach.. but will be there to support the team, lucky to get 8 wins

BlueKeyAlum
08-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Liz Bulver, a 6'1 forward from Minnesota powerhouse Hopkins high school has verballed to the Herd. she's in the class of 2016.

Mr Meaty
08-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Liz Bulver, a 6'1 forward from Minnesota powerhouse Hopkins high school has verballed to the Herd. she's in the class of 2016.

That is nice to hear. Does she have a good back to the basket type game or is she a more mobile post player?

Bisonionette
08-27-2015, 09:50 PM
That is nice to hear. Does she have a good back to the basket type game or is she a more mobile post player?

5 ppg. 4.7 rbs she musta impressed the staff

BlueKeyAlum
08-28-2015, 12:55 AM
5 ppg. 4.7 rbs she musta impressed the staff

Two of her teammates are headed to Michigan State and Iowa State and there is another 2016 on the team who might be a p5 prospect. Bulver played for Minnesota Stars Aau.

summitfever
08-28-2015, 03:13 AM
Two of her teammates are headed to Michigan State and Iowa State and there is another 2016 on the team who might be a p5 prospect. Bulver played for Minnesota Stars Aau.

Also one going to Illinois State, one to Hampton, and a few more that will be D1. Hopkins had an unreal roster.

natstar1
08-28-2015, 04:23 AM
Also one going to Illinois State, one to Hampton, and a few more that will be D1. Hopkins had an unreal roster.

Andrew Wiggins little sister hardly played.

natstar1
09-02-2015, 03:22 AM
where is Rotunda going? It says D2.
http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/2084222-2016-verbals-by-aau-program

balla45
09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
University of Mary.

BFKasper14
09-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Sarah Jacobson committed to NDSU today!!!!! Huge get!!! Welcome to the Herd Sarah!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
09-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Hell yeah, great news for women's basketball program. Welcome to the herd.

coloradobison
09-21-2015, 07:46 PM
So, this far the expected class to sign this Fall is:

Rylee Nudell, 5–10 guard out of North Dakota

Three scholarships still available

Updated summary for 2016

Sarah Jacobson, 5-9 guard out of North Dakota
Liz Bulver, 6-2 forward out of Minnesota

roadwarrior
09-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Another commitment from Iowa:

WHS Girls Basketball ‏@WaukeeGirlsBB · 2h2 hours ago
Congrats to Reilly Jacobson ('16) on committing to play @NDSUwbb!

BlueKeyAlum
09-22-2015, 12:13 AM

6'1" post. Welcome Reilly.

Bison Gal
09-22-2015, 12:27 AM
NDSU WBB building a powerhouse team.....will be fun to watch.

Mr Meaty
09-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Things are looking up.

natstar1
09-22-2015, 01:22 AM

6'1" post. Welcome Reilly.

Looks like a very athletic lefty.

http://i.imgur.com/475Pu1i.jpg

HerdBoy
09-22-2015, 11:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSHSueY3gCE

coloradobison
09-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Updated summary for 2016

Reilly Jacobson, 6-1 forward out of Iowa

Mr Meaty
09-22-2015, 03:02 PM
I really like to see the length of some of these recruits. Nice to see some 6'+ players coming in. Coach Walseth appears to have this moving in the right direction. Go Bison.

Bison"FANatic"
09-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Cautiously optimistic, it sure looks like Coach Walseth is getting a higher caliber recruit than we were getting in the past but when we are at the bottom looking up everything looks good. At least we are getting recruits with other D1 offers. Man this program was ran into the ground, that is just not the Bison way, this town and campus will show up for women's basketball just give it a competitive team to cheer for. This class is huge for Bison Women's Basketball!!!!!!

Bisonionette
09-22-2015, 03:31 PM
cautiously optimistic...

This year will be brutal... afterwhich the "talent" will be freshman.. it's gonna take three years to be competitive.. that's IF Maren stays on... clearly Bisonville is just a jumping off platform for her...

BlueKeyAlum
09-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Reilly Jacobson and Waukee won an Iowa State title this past season and Jacobson was named Captain of the state title game. In the semis, her team beat defending champion Dowling Catholic, on which current Bison Frosh Kennedy Childers was a star.

bruinbison
01-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Moorhead Spud sophomore Sam Haiby passes the 1000 point level.
Moorhead HS defeats West Fargo Sheyenne 79-64, now 11-6.

On a night when her scoring ability was honored, Haiby did everything else too. Not only did she have 21 points on 9-of-18 shooting, but she also had nine rebounds, nine assists and eight steals Thursday.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3930142-haibys-big-night-pushes-moorhead-sheyenne

bruinbison
02-23-2016, 02:22 AM
Coach Walseth on the recruiting road tonight.....

Dom Izzo
Dom Izzo – ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

#NDSU and #UND in Devils Lake tonight to see North Star standout. https://twitter.com/TheHerd215/status/701933151145185282 …

Sam Herder
Sam Herder – ‏@TheHerd215

Add Univ. of Minnesota to this list. Plenty of eyes on 6-foot-5 junior Macey Kvilvang of North Star. Scary part is VB is her best sport.

natstar1
02-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Coach Walseth on the recruiting road tonight.....

friend of mine said the Gophers had an assistant there as well. He also said she's a much better volleyball player. I know NDSU and UND were looking at her in the fall.

Bisonionette
02-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Even 6'5" girls with no talent have value. Can't coach someone to be tall.

natstar1
02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Even 6'5" girls with no talent have value. Can't coach someone to be tall.

Kvilvang might be really talented I don't know, but Amber Dvorak didn't have much value to the Gophers a few seasons back at 6'7". She was pretty good at Drury though.

NorthernBison
02-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Kvilvang might be really talented I don't know, but Amber Dvorak didn't have much value to the Gophers a few seasons back at 6'7". She was pretty good at Drury though.

It's impossible to tell from watching these games. The talent and quality of girl's basketball in this region is God Awful and that's being kind.

Bisonionette
02-23-2016, 06:18 PM
It's impossible to tell from watching these games. The talent and quality of girl's basketball in this region is God Awful and that's being kind.

That's spot on... Girls with hugely inflated stats, playing backwater highschools is very hard to guage. I'd like to see them on AAU travel teams which unfortunately I havent had the opportunity.

Bisonator98
02-23-2016, 06:49 PM

What's happened to the quality or was it never D1 caliber? We dominated at D2 with a lot of local talent. UND and the SD schools seem to be doing well enough.

NorthernBison
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
That's spot on... Girls with hugely inflated stats, playing backwater highschools is very hard to guage. I'd like to see them on AAU travel teams which unfortunately I havent had the opportunity.

Macey could actually be getting hurt in terms of stats because she doesn't have all that much support.

Rolette has a tall girl who was hampered by having a weak supporting cast.

steelbison
02-26-2016, 03:42 PM
SDSU gets a verbal from Tylee Irwin from Wahpeton, 2017 wing. She's the first player in the 2017 ND class to verbal.

http://www.kjasr.com/
http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show/1762173-tylee-irwin

Saw her play in person a couple of weeks ago. IMHO she is not a div 1 BB player. She weights about 80lbs. Man is she skinny. Did not dominate the game I was at against a very poor team. Had her shot blocked more than once.

bruinbison
03-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Macey Kvilvang and Steph Miller article (North Star HS) - her mother was
an all-stater back in the day for Cando - Trina Elsperger Kvilvang (1990)

Kvilvang is the tallest player in the B state tournament (6' 5" JR). She also puts up some of the biggest numbers, averaging 25 points, 12.1 rebounds, 4.5 blocks and 3.8 assists.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep-sports/3978395-girls-basketball-north-stars-pair-follow-their-mothers-footsteps

North Star is on to the Class B semi-finals after defeating
Fairmount-Campbell-Tintah. Kvilvang got the best of her
match-up against F-C-T's Madison Kaehler (6' 3" SR).

SanDakotaState
03-04-2016, 03:16 AM
Saw her play in person a couple of weeks ago. IMHO she is not a div 1 BB player. She weights about 80lbs. Man is she skinny. Did not dominate the game I was at against a very poor team. Had her shot blocked more than once.

I'll trust SDSU's coaching staff when it comes to recruiting, not some poster from a message board. I mean SDSU has only won 6/7 Summit League Tournament Championships and are one of the best mid-major women basketball programs in the nation.

natstar1
03-04-2016, 04:10 AM
I'd take Kvilvang on the Bison. She rebounds and effects a ton of shots. She isn't great around the hoop. Actually looked like she had a nice mid range shot.

natstar1
03-12-2016, 04:22 AM
Anyone know if Kiley Borowicz from Roseau is a D1 player? The girl is a scoring machine. I'm guessing she's in the 2,500 point range now at the end of her junior season. Had 38 tonight vs DGF. She has two younger sisters too a freshman and a 7th grader.

natstar1
03-17-2016, 05:25 PM
Anyone know if Kiley Borowicz from Roseau is a D1 player? The girl is a scoring machine. I'm guessing she's in the 2,500 point range now at the end of her junior season. Had 38 tonight vs DGF. She has two younger sisters too a freshman and a 7th grader.

Kiley with 33/13/6 with 1 turnover in Roseau's first round win over Pequot Lakes.
7th grader Katie scored 4 points in 20 minutes.

bruinbison
03-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Winona defeats Becker 37-33 to advance to Minnesota 3A basketball finals.

Junior Danneka Voegeli, a 6-foot-2 North Dakota State commit, held 6-foot-2 Alex Johnson to eight points — about half her average — while making some key plays for the Winhawks down the stretch.

After Becker grabbed a 33-32 lead — its first of the second half — on a 3-pointer by Alexa Hanowski with 3:26 to play, Voegeli scored off an offensive rebound, one of five she grabbed Thursday, and the Winhawks had the lead. She added two more free throws the next time down the court to push the lead to 36-33.

“She never stops working,” Gleason said of Voegeli, who had six points and eight rebounds. “She had some huge rebounds there at the end. Those free throws made me enjoy the last few minutes a little easier.”

http://m.winonadailynews.com/sports/high-school/winhawks-adapt-to-slower-pace-fight-off-becker-in-state/article_27ff0a43-eaa0-5c11-bd54-4559a1136f06.html

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
03-19-2016, 02:54 AM
Watching the ND class B tourney. I think NDSU missed the boat by not hiring Fred Fridley the first time around. I have a feeling that this program would be in a better place right now if he would have been hired.

DORMIE
03-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Isn't Fred another old ball coach that landed at Sanford Health?

BisBison
03-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Isn't Fred another old ball coach that landed at Sanford Health?
Yup, he coached at Mary College.

roadwarrior
03-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Sioux Falls Washington (Anna Goodhope) and Winona (Danneka Voegeli) play for state titles tonight. Both of these young women will be at NDSU this fall.

bruinbison
03-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Sioux Falls Washington (Anna Goodhope) and Winona (Danneka Voegeli) play for state titles tonight. Both of these young women will be at NDSU this fall.

Anna Goodhope feature from last month on MidCo Sports:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMgkKkGFgU

natstar1
03-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Kiley Borowicz with 35 and 12 in state semifinal loss yesterday. 43 and 14 in Roseau's 3rd place win today.

DORMIE
03-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Nice video on Goodhope, has a high potential. What is the story on Danneka Voegeli? What sport, position, size etc.

bruinbison
03-20-2016, 01:17 AM
Sioux Falls Washington (Anna Goodhope) and
Winona (Danneka Voegeli) play for state titles tonight. Both of these young women will be at NDSU this fall.

Holy Angels defeats Winona 51-43 in Minnesota 3A title game.
Voegeli is listed as 6' 2" - C - JR - (2017)

natstar1
03-20-2016, 04:02 AM
Voegeli
10.5 ppg
6 rpg

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/bbform.asp?actid=403&schoolid=490&thispage=2

bruinbison
03-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Jody Norstedt
Jody Norstedt – ‏@J_Norstedt

That's Anna Goodhope scoring 28 in a loss in SD state championship. Goodhope will join NDSU next season. https://twitter.com/Nicholson_Dav

Sioux Falls Washington loss to Aberdeen Central

bruinbison
06-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Updated summary for 2016

Reilly Jacobson, 6-1 forward out of Iowa

Dom mentioned on the 6:00 sports that Liz Bulver will not be using her
basketball scholarship, didn't hear any details why.
Said NDSU will then have 3 scholarships to use next season.

bruinbison
06-22-2016, 12:40 AM
Dom mentioned on the 6:00 sports that Liz Bulver will not be using her
basketball scholarship, didn't hear any details why.
Said NDSU will then have 3 scholarships to use next season.

Now Dom has posted the Bulver news and included Brooke Yaggie & Brittany Wiebe in the segment.

http://www.wday.com/sports/collegiate/4059408-three-leave-bison-womens-basketball-program

Tony Almeida
06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Liz Bulver opted to not use her scholarship? Whatever that means but maybe she is looking for other options?

Whatever the reason, it's too bad coz we need more height on this team...

bruinbison
07-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Class B vs Class A Lions All-Star Basketball
Rylee Nudell vs Sarah Jacobson, Chris Murphy article:

Life has moved pretty quickly for Jacobson and new NDSU teammate, Rylee Nudell, a former Maple Valley star. Monday, July 11, they got a taste of high school again, playing against one another for the first and last time in the North Dakota High School Coaches Association Lions all-star basketball game at the Fargo Civic Center.

Nudell led all scorers with 25 points, but Jacobson got the win 79-74 for Class A over Class B, finishing with 12 points for Class A.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4072098-former-high-school-basketball-stars-adjust-life-college-athletes-ndsu

roadwarrior
09-12-2016, 08:55 AM
6'5" Macey Kvilvang from Cando, ND (North Star high school) has verbally committed to play basketball for NDSU next season.

Tony Almeida
09-12-2016, 09:47 AM
6'5" Macey Kvilvang from Cando, ND (North Star high school) has verbally committed to play basketball for NDSU next season.

Nice, I do know we need height on this team, but I don't know much about her game. Anyone?

CHADSTAUS
09-12-2016, 11:04 AM

She's a great person. So happy for her!

CHADSTAUS
09-12-2016, 11:04 AM

She's a great person. So happy for her!

RedRiver
09-12-2016, 01:36 PM
That's just great, thought for sure she was going to another regional DI school. Huge get, in more ways than one.

bruinbison
09-12-2016, 02:17 PM

Great to hear, welcome!

http://www.devilslakejournal.com/news/20160912/north-stars-kvilvang-commits-to-ndsu-basketball

Watched her on tv in the B tourney.
Will have a defensive presence, affecting shots and will rebound.
College strength-training will help that. I'm no scout on any of this,
but also could see Kvilvang with some time at stretch PF, especially in a guard-heavy line-up. Seemed to be a good shooter, outside shot included.

bruinbison
09-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Nice, I do know we need height on this team, but I don't know much about her game. Anyone?

Starting on page 20 of this thread there are some posts and article links on Macy Kvilvang.
Also on another 2017 verbal, 6' 2" Danneka Voegeli from Winona.

BlueKeyAlum
09-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Starting on page 20 of this thread there are some posts and article links on Macy Kvilvang.

WBB: Macey Kvilvang, 6-5 C, North Star HS (ND-2017), committed to NDSU over Minnesota, Boise St., Arizona, N. Dakota

coloradobison
09-12-2016, 07:24 PM
WBB: Macey Kvilvang, 6-5 C, North Star HS (ND-2017), committed to NDSU over Minnesota, Boise St., Arizona, N. Dakota

If all things are equal there with scholarship money, that is impressive.

natstar1
09-13-2016, 04:08 AM

what post? I'm only on page 6.

Kind of exciting as I'm pretty sure even Debbie Downer said something about her that wasn't completely negative.

SanDakotaState
09-13-2016, 11:37 PM
SD Attack ‏@sdattack
Madysen Vlastuin of Lennox HS, picks up another D1 offer, this one from North Dakota State University.

SDSU was her first offer a couple weeks ago

Class of 2020, 6' forward

Bisonator98
09-15-2016, 07:09 PM
SD Attack ‏@sdattack
Madysen Vlastuin of Lennox HS, picks up another D1 offer, this one from North Dakota State University.

Wow a freshmen. That's nuts.

bruinbison
09-16-2016, 02:20 AM
SD Attack ‏@sdattack

So if I'm reading this correctly, Smoothjack on the SDSU forum
reports that Madysen Vlastuin's older brother Jared was a track athlete for
SDSU and married Abby Plucker, former Bison basketball player.
Hence the early recruiting connection for both schools.
Thanks also to SanDakotaState for the info.

roadwarrior
09-19-2016, 02:26 PM
NDSU gets another verbal commitment from Emily Dietz from Fargo Shanley

bruinbison
09-20-2016, 12:50 AM
more on 6' 3" Emily Dietz verbal & video
12 ppg - 8.5 rpg as a junior
Will be interesting to see what Dietz's scoring is like this season,
after losing seniors including Sarah Jacobson & University of Mary recruit Lauren Rotunda. Perhaps she will be Shanley's 1st scoring option.

http://www.wday.com/sports/football/4118009-shanleys-emily-dietz-play-basketball-ndsu#.V99PHZEGgPM.twitter

BlueKeyAlum
10-24-2016, 10:20 PM
NDSU reported to have a 2017 verbal from Michaela Gaislerova out of the Czech Republic.

http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20women/2016/Michaela-GAISLEROVA

Tony Almeida
10-29-2016, 05:43 AM
NDSU reported to have a 2017 verbal from Michaela Gaislerova out of the Czech Republic.

http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20women/2016/Michaela-GAISLEROVAI like this, keep looking overseas more often and to our neighbors to the north for both women's and men's basketball.....and track & field.

coloradobison
11-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Of the reported verbals, Macey Kvilvang (6'4) has signed her NLI. 3 others expected

Danneka Voegeli (6'2)
Emily Dietz (6'3)
Michaela Gaislerova (5'11)

natstar1
11-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Of the reported verbals, Macey Kvilvang (6'4) has signed her NLI. 3 others expected

Danneka Voegeli (6'2)
Emily Dietz (6'3)
Michaela Gaislerova (5'11)

so next year 11 freshman and sophomores?

Bisonator98
11-09-2016, 11:32 PM
so next year 11 freshman and sophomores?
10 by my count
10char....

natstar1
11-11-2016, 11:55 PM
10 by my count
10char....

horrible post on my part, I can't read or do math.

I saw a Red Lake girl signed with Denver. I wonder if she was on our radar.

natstar1
12-11-2016, 01:42 AM
I wonder if we ever recruited her. She's playing 27 minutes a game for the 7-2 Yotes right now.

El_Chapo
01-12-2017, 06:31 PM
great video interview of ndsu recruit macey kvilvlang https://youtu.be/24h2I7oarIU

bruinbison
01-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Moorhead handed Shanley its 2nd loss of the season.
Guard Sam Haiby had surpassed 1000 points earlier in the
season, in this game she set a school record with 44 points.

Chris Murphy article:

She had the total package," Moorhead coach Jed Carlson said. "She really got to the free-throw line and attacked. She was hitting from the outside, attacking inside. What I'm most proud of is she willed the team to victory. It was the total game she put together for us."

Along with Haiby's 44 points, she added 10 rebounds six assists, six steals and hit 20 of the 25 free throws she attempted.

Shanley had it's ND record winning streak ended earlier in the season.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4201627-moorheads-haiby-has-historic-night

kab1one
01-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Moorhead handed Shanley its 2nd loss of the season.
Guard Sam Haiby had surpassed 1000 points earlier in the
season, in this game she set a school record with 44 points.

Chris Murphy article:

Shanley had it's ND record winning streak ended earlier in the season.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4201627-moorheads-haiby-has-historic-night

Word at the game is UNC is looking at the Moorhead young lady. It almost seemed liked an effortless 44 points. If you guarded the 3, she went to the basket and often got a "and 1", if you backed off, she would make the 3. Once the ball was in her hands, couldn't take it from her. She did attend the NDSU basketball camp last summer, and NDSU coaches were at the game at Shanley, but they may have been watching Emily Dietz as well.

oldmantutters
01-19-2017, 05:18 PM
I would love to see another Spud to Bison transition.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk