PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Predicting the 2014 Season: Week One

ndsubison1
07-15-2014, 11:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/86567/predicting-the-2014-season-week-1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Iowa State 35 NDSU 31.

I predict ISU doesnt score 35

Tatanka
07-15-2014, 11:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/86567/predicting-the-2014-season-week-1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Iowa State 35 NDSU 31.

I predict that your prediction is correct.

MinotBison
07-15-2014, 11:49 PM
How on earth are they going to score 35?

Bison bison
07-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Iowa State 35, North Dakota State 31: North Dakota State looks poised to win its second-straight season opener against a Big 12 team after pulling the upset over Kansas State in 2013. But a pair of big plays from ISU tight end E.J. Bibbs (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545385/ej-bibbs)and receiver Quenton Bundrage (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511948/quenton-bundrage) early in the second half help the Cyclones take a comfortable lead before a late Bison touchdown makes the final score look closer than is actually was.

Why do people make predictions like this? Seriously. All it does is make one sound like a dumbass.

Write something like ISU's receivers beating NDSU's secondary will be the difference in the game.

Green1
07-16-2014, 12:02 AM
MOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAW!

All the prerequisites coming into alinement for this game!

FBS fans filled with over confidence? [check] (I'm looking at you, BDK)

Bison team is doubted? [check] (New coach, loss of seniors- see also: speed, depth, inferior talent, heat.... etc.)

National media pundits picking against us? [check]

I'm thinking, things are lining up for us pretty well, heh, heh, heh.....

I think we have them right where we want them! :biggrin::fight::cheers::nod::bong:

scottietohottie
07-16-2014, 12:06 AM
They forgot the part about Heagle hitting the tight end so hard that he fumbles and Dudzik picks it up and runs it in for a td.

aces1180
07-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Prediction...Heagle and/or Beck knock the crap out of their "star" TE.

Bison bison
07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Which half? Please be more specific.

344Johnson
07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Prediction...Heagle and/or Beck knock the crap out of their "star" TE.

And being the badasses that they are... They don't even help them up.

Bison 4 Life
07-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Here's last years great prediction:

Kansas State 27, North Dakota State 21: Kansas State needed a late defensive stop to earn the win against the two-time defending FCS national champions. John Hubert's 150-yard game was much needed, but K-State will be glad to get this dangerous game with nothing to win and a lot to lose behind it. Sneaky fun game here to kick off Fox Sports 1's launch.

CyPanth
07-16-2014, 12:42 AM

Iowa State 35 NDSU 31.

Yeah, that prediction may not be accurate. The Man-genius may lead us to score 42 points rather than 35!

Seriously, there have already been plenty of folks on the Iowa State site asking how we are going to score enough points to win this year. It largely comes down to our line play, QB, and play-calling. Our line play should be much better because we are still just recognizing how badly Klinakis coached our line last year. Play calling should be great with the Man-Genius. The big question is QB. We will have plenty of receiving threats, but we don't even know who the QB will be. We have a couple of good ones, but we are still waiting for one to step up and be better than good. Getting better protection will help either one. We will probably know pretty early in the game whether we are going to get good offensive production. If we fall right back into our common practice of 3 and outs, we will be in big trouble.

A1pigskin
07-16-2014, 12:53 AM
I predict that your prediction is correct.

The prediction that was predicted I believe is correct.

Dakid3kc
07-16-2014, 01:15 AM
I feel pretty confident in giving two guarantees based off of that prediction. 1) No way Iowa State scores 35. 2) Any game NDSU scores 31 points this season, they will NOT lose!

NDSU1980
07-16-2014, 01:23 AM

Iowa State 35 NDSU 31.

35 have scored on BigMommaKane in one night :D. Seriously, when was the last time the so called experts had us beating an FBS? Any of the MN games?

Boogeyman24
07-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Iowa State 35, North Dakota State 31: North Dakota State looks poised to win its second-straight season opener against a Big 12 team after pulling the upset over Kansas State in 2013. But a pair of big plays from ISU tight end E.J. Bibbs (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545385/ej-bibbs)and receiver Quenton Bundrage (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511948/quenton-bundrage) early in the second half help the Cyclones take a comfortable lead before a late Bison touchdown makes the final score look closer than is actually was.

Why do people make predictions like this? Seriously. All it does is make one sound like a dumbass.

Write something like ISU's receivers beating NDSU's secondary will be the difference in the game.

I can understand him picking an ISU win, but that last comment was beyond stupid...

scottietohottie
07-16-2014, 02:03 AM
The only scoring isu will do is in the fourth quarter against third string defense and then it will only be a field goal making the game seem closer then it ever really was at 52-3.

Bisonwinagn
07-16-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't think predicting NDSU to score 31 is realistic either. This game is more like 17-14 or something similar with both teams having new offensive Coordinators and QB's.

Dakid3kc
07-16-2014, 02:15 AM
I don't think predicting NDSU to score 31 is realistic either. This game is more like 17-14 or something similar with both teams having new offensive Coordinators and QB's.

I am sticking with my original prediction. NDSU 24-13 win.

HerdBot
07-16-2014, 02:32 AM

Iowa State 35 NDSU 31.

I predict there won't be 35 points scored between both teams

ndsubison1
07-16-2014, 02:47 AM

agreed. ten char

HerdBoy
07-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Here's last years great prediction:

Kansas State 27, North Dakota State 21: Kansas State needed a late defensive stop to earn the win against the two-time defending FCS national champions. John Hubert's 150-yard game was much needed, but K-State will be glad to get this dangerous game with nothing to win and a lot to lose behind it. Sneaky fun game here to kick off Fox Sports 1's launch.

150 yards minus 127 yards is more like it.

Bison 4 Life
07-16-2014, 03:06 AM
150 yards minus 127 yards is more like it.

Also still waiting for that defensive stop.

EC8CH
07-16-2014, 03:09 AM
They forgot the part about Heagle hitting the tight end so hard that he fumbles and Dudzik picks it up and runs it in for a td.

This is far more likely to happen than ISU scoring 35.

EC8CH
07-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Also still waiting for that defensive stop.

I think its still pinned between the turf in the end zone and Mueller's ass.

GOBISON123
07-16-2014, 03:52 AM
I bet the reporter who wrote that article does not know where North Dakota is on the map.

Hammerhead
07-16-2014, 03:58 AM
I think some "experts" predicted a Bison victory at Colorado State in 2012.

35 have scored on BigMommaKane in one night :D. Seriously, when was the last time the so called experts had us beating an FBS? Any of the MN games?

cbline
07-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Lou Holtz picked the Bison vs. Kansas State. He starts talking at the 0:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IYnrBRP33s

HerdBot
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Lou Holtz picked the Bison vs. Kansas State. He starts talking at the 0:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IYnrBRP33s

He said we won the last 2 BCS National Championships!

DePereBisonFan
07-16-2014, 01:38 PM

Love this. Made my day.

THEsocalledfan
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Sneaky fun game here to kick off Fox Sports 1's launch.

Well, at least it was partly right!

I still think the best part was the fireworks K St did to celebrate our victory after the game. That was a classy move. [/purple]

gumby013
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Well, at least it was partly right!

I still think the best part was the fireworks K St did to celebrate our victory after the game. That was a classy move. [/purple]

They mocked me on the K-State boards for asking if there would still be fireworks after the game if we won. hehe

Loud and Proud Bison fan
07-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Messing around, I came across some alleged sports book handicapper.. here is his take on the ISU/Bison game..

After a soft opener against FCS team North Dakota State, the Cyclones actually open league play by hosting Kansas State in Week 2.

I will not be taking any betting advice from this guy, that is for sure.

Source: http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/football/2014/iowa-state-cyclones-season-win-total-ncaa-predictions-343.html

He also says.. take the over for ISU of 3.5 wins one the yr.

Bisonator98
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Messing around, I came across some alleged sports book handicapper.. here is his take on the ISU/Bison game..

After a soft opener against FCS team North Dakota State, the Cyclones actually open league play by hosting Kansas State in Week 2.

Source: http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/football/2014/iowa-state-cyclones-season-win-total-ncaa-predictions-343.html

Hahaha here's the brilliant handicapper's pic:

Loud and Proud Bison fan
07-16-2014, 06:24 PM
And you dont trust that guy.. looks legit to me. Second thought, I may pull my savings out and give it to him.

gotts
07-16-2014, 06:29 PM
They mocked me on the K-State boards for asking if there would still be fireworks after the game if we won. hehe

Some lady stopped us in the parking lot after the game, totally straight-faced with a serious tone, and said, "You know, these fireworks were planned for after the game, they aren't just because you guys beat us."

THEsocalledfan
07-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Some lady stopped us in the parking lot after the game, totally straight-faced with a serious tone, and said, "You know, these fireworks were planned for after the game, they aren't just because you guys beat us."

I still giggle everytime when I think about their casual fans who had ZERO idea that K St. was likely to lose that game......

EC8CH
07-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Hahaha here's the brilliant handicapper's pic:

"His innovative handicapping approach, dubbed The Ferringo Method"

HerdBot
07-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Many woulds could describe NDSU but soft is not one of them. :rofl:

My take is..

after a winnible game vs Iowa State, NDSU moves on to Weber State, another cupcake, and then Montana before going into the tough MVFC schedule

344Johnson
07-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I still giggle everytime when I think about their casual fans who had ZERO idea that K St. was likely to lose that game...... I enjoyed the college kids taunting us on our way to our car saying something about being FCS...

Favorite was the guy in the bathroom before the game asking why we really thought we could hang with the big twelve champs

17>1
07-16-2014, 09:46 PM

I remember leaving the game and talking to a fellow Bison fan, and I said "Check it out, everyone is still so stunned that they're not even leaving their seats." And then he reminded me about the fireworks, and I laughed. Cool story, I know.

GOBISON123
07-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Every FBS school is quick to predict that they will win against NDSU but slow to schedule an actual game.

CyPanth
07-17-2014, 12:25 AM

I don't think we have done fireworks for quite a while in Ames. Wonder why? Well, at least this is something we don't have to worry about.

IzzyFlexion
07-17-2014, 12:31 AM

Please tell me that you quickly retorted.............."SHOW ME YER TITS!"

IzzyFlexion
07-17-2014, 12:34 AM
I enjoyed the college kids taunting us on our way to our car saying something about being FCS...

Favorite was the guy in the bathroom before the game asking why we really thought we could hang with the big twelve champs
Are u sure he wasn't peeking at the ol' 3.44" ??

Bisonator98
07-17-2014, 12:56 AM
I don't think we have done fireworks for quite a while in Ames. Wonder why? Well, at least this is something we don't have to worry about.

Good point!:rofl: