PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting competition

El_Chapo
07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Gophers cannot sign them all. Bad thing is we are going against UND-SDSU-UNI-USD also for those very good kids that the Gophs might overlook.

Bad thing? Haha have you been sleeping for last 5 years? We dominate in recruiting vs these 4. Gophers/wisc/iowa/Nebraska are our rivals especially thier PWO' programs.

And yes I saw the wyoming offer on rivals haha

HerdBot
07-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Bad thing? Haha have you been sleeping for last 5 years? We dominate in recruiting vs these 4. Gophers/wisc/iowa/Nebraska are our rivals especially thier PWO' programs.

Sdsu and uni have won a few. Und was excited over Ezra Szczyrbak and he didn't even go there. USD not so much. Illinois State and Youngstown seem to win about half the battles but that's competing from far away

BisoninNWMN
07-14-2014, 12:12 AM

I see your comprehension is lacking, which is no surprise. I'll slow down for you.

Good recruits get passed up by the FBS schools and they cannot take them all, as in, the Gophers. We are competing against SDSU, UNI, USD, UND for those regional guys that the Gophs pass up.

Understand

El_Chapo
07-14-2014, 12:22 AM
U understand there is no competition with ndsu and those others

ZHerd
07-14-2014, 12:35 AM

Then we would never lose a battle. Didn't we want a guy named David Johnson? Just one example

BisoninNWMN
07-14-2014, 12:43 AM

You remember Kyle Minnett and Zack Zenner of SDSU?

If I remember correctly, both of those guys were also recruited by the Bison. To what degree I don't know but both have said in interviews that NDSU recruited them.

NDSU is definitely competing against those regional FCS schools for players passed up by U of M, Iowa, Iowa State, Wics and so on.

SamsRams
07-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Wyoming offer once again listed on rivals

56BISON73
07-14-2014, 12:55 AM

You forgot the purple.

SamsRams
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Then we would never lose a battle. Didn't we want a guy named David Johnson? Just one example

Trey Carr is another. Its rare ndsu loses a recruiting battle to these teams in the last few years but it does happen.

El_Chapo
07-14-2014, 01:35 AM
DJ & Zach and most RBS want to be "the man" and NDSU splits carries so I'm glad we didn't get those guys and we got titles instead

Maybe Carr thought Fargo was too far from home?

Maybe that's why Ben stayed with NDSU? Good luck to Ben, would love to see him play for 4 years

HerdBot
07-14-2014, 04:37 AM
You remember Kyle Minnett and Zack Zenner of SDSU?

If I remember correctly, both of those guys were also recruited by the Bison. To what degree I don't know but both have said in interviews that NDSU recruited them.

NDSU is definitely competing against those regional FCS schools for players passed up by U of M, Iowa, Iowa State, Wics and so on.

Sdsu got Nick Carr
Uni got Ferch, Sczerbak, Tavaughn Blair, Bret McMakin, and Wyatt Peiffer just off the top of my head.

Illinois State beat us for several players including our top target at safety

Youngstown wins as many or more battles than they lose

We win more battles than we lose but Chapo is way off on recruiting

unbison
07-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Chapo.... imagining NDSU as a equal to fbs school no way.... This surprises anyone?

admin
07-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Moved some stuff out of the Ben Ellefson thread. Nothing wrong with the topic, of course, just didn't want to clutter up his thread.

Moderation Note: thanks to to the moderator who deleted the religion-bashing thread. It wasn't me, but I'd have done it sooner or later - which leads me to this: I'd consider it a personal favor if folks would moderate themselves for a little bit. And if El_chapo and 56bison73 could put each other on ignore, that would be awesome - maybe that way they wouldn't trade barbs in almost every thread. :)

tony
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
DJ & Zach and most RBS want to be "the man" and NDSU splits carries so I'm glad we didn't get those guys and we got titles instead

Maybe Carr thought Fargo was too far from home?

So NDSU wins every recruiting battle except for those cases where the students in question have reasons for going somewhere else? :)

I think that we'd all agree that NDSU has been doing very well recruiting the area. There's no need to exaggerate and national championships speak for themselves.

Bisonwinagn
07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Chapo.... imagining NDSU as a equal to fbs school no way.... This surprises anyone?

He was comparing to their Walk on Program which is correct.

El_Chapo
07-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Walk on program. And ignore in effect and I'm leaving for a bit thanks!

Bisonator98
07-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Walk on program. And ignore in effect and I'm leaving for a bit thanks!

Awesome just don't be like biguglykanya and keep posting.:biggrin:

SamsRams
07-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Wyoming offer once again listed on rivals

Why did this get moved?