PDA

View Full Version : greetings from a conquered wildcat admirer ...

tmcats
07-14-2014, 01:54 AM
often wondered how many of those magnificent bison you sent our way - like hordes of blood thirsty vikings - where taken in the nfl draft and as free agents. anyone have the specifics? photo of stadium shows part of the ndsu following.

http://www.found.ksu.edu/images/good_for_k-state/520x300-west-stadium.jpg

BisoninNWMN
07-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Others probably know more, but off the top of my head:

1 drafted in 3rd round: Billy Turner (OT)

3 signed as free agents: Marcus Williams (CB), Brock Jensen (QB) and Bryan Shepard (S)

1 playing in CFL: Ryan Smith (WR)

1 more just signed with a CFL team: Sam Ojuri (RB)

HerdBot
07-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Qb Jensen Miami
Marcus Williams Texans
Billy Turner 3rd round Miami
Bryan Shepherd Washington
Ryan Smith _ CFL
Sam Ojuri _ CFL

NDSUstudent
07-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Others probably know more, but off the top of my head:

1 drafted in 3rd round: Billy Turner (OT)

3 signed as free agents: Marcus Williams (CB), Brock Jensen (QB) and Bryan Shepard (S)

1 playing in CFL: Ryan Smith (WR)

1 more just signed with a CFL team: Sam Ojuri (RB)

This plus a few guys like Olson and Jirik would have probably signed as free agents if it wasn't for injury issues.

HerdBoy
Does anyone know how Leevon Perry did in his NFL tryout?

westnodak93bison
How many from k-state?

HerdBot
07-14-2014, 02:13 AM
This plus a few guys like Olson and Jirik would have probably signed as free agents if it wasn't for injury issues.

Jirik said in an article he had surgery on both shoulders and will be pursuing the nfl next year. He has all the nfl measurables.

I don't think Grant was nfl material even before his injury since hes undersized and his coverage skills were not nfl like but he was a great college player and legendary like Chuck Norris here

NDSUstudent
07-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Jirik said in an article he had surgery on both shoulders and will be pursuing the nfl next year. I don't think Grant was nfl material even before his injury since his coverage skills were not nfl like but he his legendary like Chuck Norris here

He would have been in a camp somewhere. Some team would have given him a shot.

tmcats
07-14-2014, 02:19 AM
How many from k-state?

only one drafted, right tackle rooks to new orleans. this was a young team. expect lockett, waters, and others to be taken off this year's squad. here's some history if you're interested.

http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-nextlevel.html

thanks to the rest of you for the info.

HerdBot
07-14-2014, 02:41 AM
only one drafted, right tackle rooks to new orleans. this was a young team. expect lockett, waters, and others to be taken off this year's squad. here's some history if you're interested.

http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-nextlevel.html

thanks to the rest of you for the info.

Waters looked great against us and I was suprised to see he finished the season with the highest kstate efficiency rating of all time. Apparently he shredded a lot of defenses

marenlee
07-14-2014, 02:44 AM
often wondered how many of those magnificent bison you sent our way - like hordes of blood thirsty vikings - where taken in the nfl draft and as free agents. anyone have the specifics? photo of stadium shows part of the ndsu following.

http://www.found.ksu.edu/images/good_for_k-state/520x300-west-stadium.jpg

It has also been hard to find a complete overhead of the stadium for that game. A good chuck of the upper deck was yellow also. Sucks Kstate decided not to release the panorama. :D

StL Bison Fan
07-14-2014, 02:46 AM
It has also been hard to find a complete overhead of the stadium for that game. A good chuck of the upper deck was yellow also. Sucks Kstate decided not to release the panorama. :D

They got tear stains on it. I did enjoy our trip to KState. Had a good weekend.

westnodak93bison
07-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Waters looked great against us and I was suprised to see he finished the season with the highest kstate efficiency rating of all time. Apparently he shredded a lot of defenses
He beat us on two long passes. I think Heagle thought the play was over and lost track of Thompson. Mwill got beat by Lockett. Not sure if he bit and got burned or if he was supposed to have help over the top? He did have some nice mid range passes. He should have a great year assuming the o-line does its job.

El_Chapo
07-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Tmcats got burned on goemaw by bison fans about a year ago, nice to see he's out of the Manhattan burn unit.
Welcome back dude! You got quiet for awhile lol