PDA

View Full Version : Bohl a I-A candidate

IL_Bison
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Not a surprise....

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Resist the tempatation Coach Bohl...you have a good thing going here!

broke_back_mnt
10-03-2006, 04:19 PM
There's reason enough to move this thing up to DI-A 85 scholarship ball.

BisonBacker
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
You could see this one coming it was just a matter of time. :(

BisBison
10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
This is a rumer mill. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I guess it could happen, but just because this site says it might gives it no credibility to me. Coach Bohl is happy here, but if some bigtime D-IA school offers a big contract who knows? He is a big fan of Pres Joe, so I think it would have to be one hell of an offer. My guess is he stays for awhile.

MinotBison
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM

Okay, as long as we're on the topic, who do all of you think might be the next head coach? I hope we don't have to worry about that for quite awhile, but it's part of what happens when you are successful.

imabison
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Okay, as long as we're on the topic, who do all of you think might be the next head coach? *I hope we don't have to worry about that for quite awhile, but it's part of what happens when you are successful.

This is ridiculous. Close the thread now...

bisonreader
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Okay, as long as we're on the topic, who do all of you think might be the next head coach? *I hope we don't have to worry about that for quite awhile, but it's part of what happens when you are successful.

This is ridiculous. *Close the thread now...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

coloradobison
10-03-2006, 06:34 PM
It seems to be the way football coaching works. you work hard at the high school, DII, DIAA, DIA levels to move up and coach at the next level. I think every coaches goal is to make it to the BCS school or to the NFL. obviously, i am generalizing as there are certain cases (Jo Pa, Bowden, etc..) I had the same thought about him possibly leaving after the season after the victory over Ball State. I truely hope he doesnt, but its a possibility. I would tell you until i am blue in the face that i love my job and wouldnt ever leave it, but if the right offer was made...that could change.

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Get used to it fans.

NDSU wants to be successful in athletics, and it has the power to be.

At the same time, there are always better jobs out there, so in some ways it's nothing more but a stepping stone for some coaches.

The whole idea of a career for the most part, is to better yourself along the way.

Getting someone who loves NDSU and would like to stay for years and years, AND be a great coach would be a blessing, but I would never hold out hope for that from anybody.

SDbison
10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Get used to it fans.

At the same time, there are always better jobs out there, so in some ways it's nothing more but a stepping stone for some coaches.

The whole idea of a career for the most part, is to better yourself along the way.

Getting someone who loves NDSU and would like to stay for years and years, AND be a great coach would be a blessing, but I would never hold out hope for that from anybody.
I expect NDSU to hire someone who would stay and be commiited to build and maintain a program for a few years after becoming successfull (i.e. playoffs / championships) before leaving. This money buys all attitiude is wrong. There are some things more important than money and not everyone wants to go to the next level even if they are great at what they do. Look at the quality of the facilities here at NDSU, coaches offices, great staff, etc. If there is pressure here to perform think of what it is like at Nebraska (11-2 is a losing season). As for coach Bohl I think he likes the close proximity to his kids in Nebraska. One thing that does worry me is that when coach Bohl signed an extended contract a year or two ago he had a stipulation that allowed him to break the contract at any time if a DI-A team offered him a job. Apparently, NDSU is not very good at contracts because there should have been at least a $50,000 buyout to at help in the seach for a new coach. Any big time program pays well over $500,000 a year for a head coach and 50K would be peanuts! IMO this story is all rumor, but if Bohl can do 11-2 or better this year he will be on the radar in a few places. A win over Minnesota would almost guarantee he would receive an offer after this season.

Hippie_Stick
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Get used to it fans.

I expect NDSU to hire someone who would stay and be commiited to build and maintain a program for a few years after becoming successfull (i.e. playoffs / championships) before leaving. *This money buys all attitiude is wrong. *There are some things more important than money and not everyone wants to go to the next level even if they are great at what they do. *Look at the quality of the facilities here at NDSU, coaches offices, great staff, etc. *If there is pressure here to perform think of what it is like at Nebraska (11-2 is a losing season). *As for coach Bohl I think he likes the close proximity to his kids in Nebraska. *One thing that does worry me is that when coach Bohl signed an extended contract a year or two ago he had a stipulation that allowed him to break the contract at any time if a DI-A team offered him a job. *Apparently, NDSU is not very good at contracts because there should have been at least a $50,000 buyout to at help in the seach for a new coach. *Any big time program pays well over $500,000 a year for a head coach and 50K would be peanuts! *IMO this story is all rumor, but if Bohl can do 11-2 or better this year he will be on the radar in a few places. *A win over Minnesota would almost guarantee he would receive an offer after this season. *

Well, like, SD, like, you can't be naive, dude. Like, someone waves a couple mil, like, under your nose, like, you're gonna sniff, man. Would you, like, expect Bohl to remain, like, if he got an offer trebling or, like, quadrupling his salary, like?

In, like, Fairyland, your thoughts are, like, cute, man. In, like, the real world, they're like, DOA.

Stay cool, brother!

Bisonfan1
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Coach Bohl knows he has a chance to win a couple National Championships at NDSU in the near future. The support and all the tools are there to accomplish this goal. Then the stock in Coach Bohl goes way up from offers from mediocore teams to offers from powerhouse Universities. So why would you leave now ? Not going to happen. Fortunetly for NDSU Coach Bohl will be around awhile. That is my opinion.

mebison
10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
But in the meantime let's set up some nice lunches out for Bohl, Miles, and Chapman, so that the latter two can sit and subtly reflect on why they think Fargo and NDSU is such a great place that they decided to stick around ;)

Hippie_Stick
10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Coach Bohl knows he has a chance to win a couple National Championships at NDSU in the near future. The support and all the tools are there to accomplish this goal. Then the stock in Coach Bohl goes way up from offers from mediocore teams to offers from powerhouse Universities. So why would you leave now ? Not going to happen. Fortunetly for NDSU Coach Bohl will be around awhile. That is my opinion.

Like, I hope so, dude. Still, man, there's a lot of heavy green out there that could, like, be starin' him in the face, soon, man.

imabison
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
But in the meantime let's set up some nice lunches out for Bohl, Miles, and Chapman, so that the latter two can sit and subtly reflect on why they think Fargo and NDSU is such a great place that they decided to stick around *;)

No in the meantime he WILL concentrate on GSU, one game at a time!!!!!!!

Double_Dbag
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Kevin Feeney would be a great candidate. He comes from a coaching family and really has that Fargo South team humming.

MN_BISONS
10-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Kevin Feeney would be a great candidate. *He comes from a coaching family and really has that Fargo South team humming.

For what quarterbacks coach? Not a slam on Kevin Feeney, but he is not ready to be a head coach at the DI level just yet. If he wants to some day be a head coach at the college level, my guess is he'll have to do it just like coach Bolh, Babich, Hager and the rest; work his way up starting as a position coach or grad assistant and moving up from there.

TransAmBison
10-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Kevin Feeney would be a great candidate. *He comes from a coaching family and really has that Fargo South team humming.

For what quarterbacks coach? *Not a slam on Kevin Feeney, but he is not ready to be a head coach at the DI level just yet. *If he wants to some day be a head coach at the college level, my guess is he'll have to do it just like coach Bolh, Babich, Hager and the rest; work his way up starting as a position coach or grad assistant and moving up from there.

I agree, we would need somebody proven at a higher level than high school.

sambini
10-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Its a rumor folks and lets take it one game at a time.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-04-2006, 02:01 AM

This is ridiculous. *Close the thread now...

99% ofthe stuff in this chat site is ridiculous!! This is a very real possibility--It will happen before we get 85 Scholarships!

lonelygriz
10-04-2006, 02:20 AM
85 and the corresponding increase in pay scales for FB coaches along with coaching at the highest level might be the ticket for him to stay.

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2006, 02:22 AM
Get used to it fans.

I expect NDSU to hire someone who would stay and be commiited to build and maintain a program for a few years after becoming successfull (i.e. playoffs / championships) before leaving. *This money buys all attitiude is wrong. *There are some things more important than money and not everyone wants to go to the next level even if they are great at what they do. *Look at the quality of the facilities here at NDSU, coaches offices, great staff, etc. *If there is pressure here to perform think of what it is like at Nebraska (11-2 is a losing season). *As for coach Bohl I think he likes the close proximity to his kids in Nebraska. *One thing that does worry me is that when coach Bohl signed an extended contract a year or two ago he had a stipulation that allowed him to break the contract at any time if a DI-A team offered him a job. *Apparently, NDSU is not very good at contracts because there should have been at least a $50,000 buyout to at help in the seach for a new coach. *Any big time program pays well over $500,000 a year for a head coach and 50K would be peanuts! *IMO this story is all rumor, but if Bohl can do 11-2 or better this year he will be on the radar in a few places. *A win over Minnesota would almost guarantee he would receive an offer after this season. *

Moving up in the coaching world isn't always about money.

Better facilities (yes, some places do have better facilities then NDSU), a more prestigous conference, a more prestigous school, better recruits to run your system, better areas of recruiting, a national spotlight at a big time university, having the oppurtunity to be one of the most successful coaches at the collegiate level especially at a BCS school.

Alot of factors, other then money, can weigh in to a coach wanting to further his career and "move up" in ways sometimes he only really understands.

bisonreader
10-04-2006, 02:43 AM
but something also to think about is his family. i think he has little girls and they are getting established in the schools here, if i was a dad i dont think that i would pick them up and move them now when it is a critical part of their life. so that could be something that would keep here a little while longer. :)

CaBisonFan
10-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Bohl is an excellent coach. *He has excellent assistants. *If he stays for a while...great. *If he leaves...hire an insider, as we've done in the past. *Many coaches have been extremely successful at NDSU and "not so" at other places...if you get my drift. *The program has never been about one person. *

A typical road to national prominence is to have nationally-recognized coaches. *This article is good news for the program. *North Dakota State is a young coach's dream. *If they view it as a stepping stone....whatever. *I still think that a move to DI-A is in the future for SU. *We wouldn't want to get into a conference like the Big Ten...but something like the WAC would be very realistic down the road. *We need to think BIG. *Win a few DI-AA National Championships and move up again. * *

Bisonfan1
10-04-2006, 02:48 AM
but something also to think about is his family. i think he has little girls and they are getting established in the schools here, if i was a dad i dont think that i would pick them up and move them now when it is a critical part of their life. so that could be something that would keep here a little while longer. * :)

And they probably wont end up on the Football Team with scholorships = no controversy.

Bisonguy
10-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Coach Bohl said he would be at NDSU as long as NDSU wants him here.

Case closed.

Everything else is blather. :P

TransAmBison
10-04-2006, 02:59 AM
but something also to think about is his family. i think he has little girls and they are getting established in the schools here, if i was a dad i dont think that i would pick them up and move them now when it is a critical part of their life. so that could be something that would keep here a little while longer. * :)

And they probably wont end up on the Football Team with scholorships = no controversy.
I don't know, a few corners go down...

sambini
10-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Those who stay will be champions. And Coach and his staff are that+++++++++++

Bisonfan1
10-04-2006, 03:07 AM

I second that - +++++++++++++++++++++++

coloradobison
10-04-2006, 03:20 AM

I second that - +++++++++++++++++++++++
Double it!!

cabis
10-04-2006, 03:26 AM
This speculation is all part of the normal "food chain" in college athletics and life for that matter. My opinion is I am very happy that we have coaches (and Presidents) at NDSU that are considered candidates to move up the food chain. With good people there will always be speculation and concrete opportunities. I am even happier that we are conducting our affairs in a way that is encouraging these high caliber individuals to stay on and be a part of the success story that is NDSU.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-04-2006, 04:42 AM

Case closed.

Everything else is blather. *:P

I have some "dry ground" for sale near Devils Lake too....................

Bisonguy
10-04-2006, 04:47 AM

Case closed.

Everything else is blather. *:P

I have some "dry ground" *for sale near Devils Lake too....................

Yeah, I have a bridge in north Fargo for sale........ ::)

Point is- It's all speculation right now. Some coaches leave for better opportunities, some don't. NDSU has hired new coaches in the past, and they'll do it in the future.

Oh ba dee, oh bad do, Life goes on.......

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-04-2006, 04:51 AM
3 years at most ---he will be back in D1 A

Hippie_Stick
10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
3 years at most ---he will be back in D1 A

Like, totally agree, dudes. Man, like, I'd start tryin' to identify, right now, man, some candidates to fill his job, like. Last thing the Herd needs is some, like, Ron Zook-Illinois deal, man.

dudly
10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
WHO EVER EVEN HEARD OF YOUR CLOWN COACH? WE READAAY TO STOMP A BISON CHIP OR 11.
GSU 54 BISONCHIPS 9

Hippie_Stick
10-04-2006, 05:08 PM
WHO EVER EVEN HEARD OF YOUR CLOWN COACH? * WE READAAY TO STOMP A BISON CHIP OR 11.
GSU 54 *BISONCHIPS 9

GSU, man, is, like, a program in decline, dudes.

http://www.stockhouse.com/images/essays/downward2small.gif

;D ;D ;D

No_Skill
10-05-2006, 12:43 AM
GSU, man, is, like, a program in decline, dudes.

Ain't it the truth. They keep talking about thier past successes. All I care about is our future.

Hey Hippie man, I like your style dude. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=cool.gif]

sambini
10-05-2006, 01:50 AM
SOLID DUDE+++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
10-05-2006, 02:42 AM
Hey Man, like I hear ya Hippie_Stick. 8-)

Hippie_Stick
10-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Man, like, you Herd Dudes are, like, really cool, too, man!

Now, like, we gotta tell that bad karma dude, like, coloradobison, that, like Hippie Stick's, like, OK, man.

One toke over the line, dudes!!!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

BisonBacker
10-05-2006, 03:43 PM
A reincarnation of Buffalo Bill, I can't keep up with all his user id's :-/

TheDoctor
10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I have a bridge in north Fargo for sale........ ::)

Hey hey hey Bisonguy! Wait just a minute! We waited way to long and spent to much money to get that bridge, don't go selling it. ;D I am on 10th St. north of the water treatment and I have to say the lack of traffic while it was being built was nice though! ;)

Bisonguy
10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
A reincarnation of Buffalo Bill, I can't keep up with all his user id's *:-/

lonelgriz is the only recent one. :-?

IowaBisonToo
10-05-2006, 10:06 PM

lonelgriz is the only recent one. *:-?
Yeah, Hippie Stick doesn't fit the profile or write like Bill. Could be wrong though. Hard to tell. I've only been wrong one other time in my life. ;)

Bisonguy
10-05-2006, 10:20 PM

lonelgriz is the only recent one. *:-?
Yeah, Hippie Stick doesn't fit the profile or write like Bill. *Could be wrong though. *Hard to tell. *I've only been wrong one other time in my life. ;)

Hippie_Stick may have multiple username tendencies, but Buffalo Bill he is not.

broke_back_mnt
10-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Its good to be king:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=142509&section=Columnists&columnist=M ike%20McFeely

Yea, its Mike but its a good column.

RodentiaX1
10-12-2006, 12:27 AM
If the Bison were to upset the Gophers, that would probably cost Mason his job. Then Minnesota would be looking and just might look to a certain coach of new power in I-A.

In other words, if the Bison were to beat the Gophers, Bohl could be the opposing coach when the Bison come back to the Metrodome in 2007. :)

tcbison
10-13-2006, 02:26 AM
If the Bison were to upset the Gophers, that would probably cost Mason his job. Then Minnesota would be looking and just might look to a certain coach of new power in I-A.

In other words, if the Bison were to beat the Gophers, Bohl could be the opposing coach when the Bison come back to the Metrodome in 2007. *:)

The Gopher fans that I have talked to would prefer this to happen. Didn't Mason just sign a big extention?

IowaBisonToo
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
The Gophers/U of M can't afford to buy out his contract. Maybe in another year or two but not after year-1. The buy-out decreases as the number of years in the contract progress from what I've heard. You won't see Mason leaving MN after this year even if he loses to NDSU. It appears as if they're stuck with him for at least another year.