PDA

View Full Version : Zack Johnson Out for Season

Bison Gal
06-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Zack's parents shared he will miss season due to injury. We will definitely miss him this year.

Bisonator98
06-26-2014, 12:19 AM
That will hurt. Knee I assume?

SDbison
06-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Is this Zac Johnson, SR from Fargo or Zack Johnson, JR from Apple Valley? Just want to verify.

Bison Gal
06-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Is this Zac Johnson, SR from Fargo or Zack Johnson, JR from Apple Valley? Just want to verify.

#66 offensive lineman Zack Johnson, JR from Apple Valley. Not positive what the injury is, but think it is his knee.

Jelo
06-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Whatever it was required surgery. https://twitter.com/zack_johnson66/status/481684761476222976

@zack_johnson66: @_Sollo_ same with me bro I can't ever fall asleep at night but surgery in the morning has me nervous right now

Bisonator98
06-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Surgery #2???

Bison Gal
06-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Surgery #2???

Must be as I know he had surgery in the days following the Championship game in January.

El_Chapo
06-26-2014, 12:38 AM
We already knew this

westnodak93bison
06-26-2014, 12:42 AM
This sucks. Get well soon Zack!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hail bison
06-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Oh no!!........

Go fuck yourself you sadistic little bastard. You think it's funny? Zack is a tremendous player with next level potential.

CAS4127
06-26-2014, 02:00 AM
We already knew this

The Wetback is correct!!

This is history, not news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAS4127
06-26-2014, 02:01 AM
Double Wetback post.

HerdBot
06-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Thats a bummer. Hope he has a good recovery. Can use it as a redshirt year

I was nervous before the injury. Now we will have a new starter at every single position. Serious the online may get off to a really slow start.

LT - Turner
LG - Johnson
C- Colville
RG - Gimnestad
RT - Haeg

LT - Haeg
LG ? Hinz? Schueller?
C - Hinz or Schueller
RG - Plankers
RT - Lechler

I'm sure we can find some talent between Ziemer, Kuhnert, Kelly, or some of the new kids will have to step up. Lots of reshuffling. May see guys play new positionw

Hail bison
06-26-2014, 03:13 AM
Thats a bummer. Hope he has a good recovery. Can use it as a redshirt year

I was nervous before the injury. Now we will have a new starter at every single position. Serious the online may get off to a really slow start.

LT - Turner
LG - Johnson
C- Colville
RG - Gimnestad
RT - Haeg

LT - Haeg
LG ? Hinz? Schueller?
C - Hinz or Schueller
RG - Plankers
RT - Lechler

I'm sure we can find some talent between Ziemer, Kuhnert, Kelly, or some of the new kids will have to step up. Lots of reshuffling. May see guys play new positionw

Zack is hands down our best offensive lineman. However, I thought the line would be terrible when Cornick and Austin Richard (my fav ever) graduated. I guess we will wait and see. Hinz will do well at center if he stays healthy. Plankers will be very good. Lechler was a project that needed to be developed. Not sure there. Next man up

BisonTeacher
06-26-2014, 03:14 AM
Zack is hands down our best offensive lineman. However, I thought the line would be terrible when Cornick and Austin Richard (my fav ever) graduated. I guess we will wait and see. Hinz will do well at center if he stays healthy. Plankers will be very good. Lechler was a project that needed to be developed. Not sure there. Next man up

Thats what I was thinking. Next man up.

SamsRams
06-26-2014, 03:32 AM
The Wetback is correct!!

I think out for the season is new or did I miss something?

He hasnt redshirted yet

SamsRams
06-26-2014, 03:34 AM
Go fuck yourself you sadistic little bastard. You think it's funny? Zack is a tremendous player with next level potential.

this times a million. There are times to be a little worm and find it funny, serious injuries are not the time to troll. I stand by my belief this clown should be banned and his appearance in this thread legitimizes my stance even more

HerdBot
06-26-2014, 03:41 AM

Next man up yes but its going to be a major work in progress. Plugging a few spots is one thing but this is a brand new line. 3 guys who have never started and 1 guy playing a brand new position.They all have been in the system so well be alright but this is a major overhaul and will take time to gel. Not only that but a new fullback, QB, oline coach, and offensive coordinator. This is a huge benefit of keeping the systems in place.

Scooter1
06-26-2014, 03:49 AM
The three senior offensive linemen will have to be major contributors. Zac Johnson and Adam Schueller need to make big strides in the summer workouts. One thing is certain. We are going to know how good the new o line coach is in a hurry.

Hail bison
06-26-2014, 04:03 AM
Next man up yes but its going to be a major work in progress. Plugging a few spots is one thing but this is a brand new line. 3 guys who have never started and 1 guy playing a brand new position.They all have been in the system so well be alright but this is a major overhaul and will take time to gel. Not only that but a new fullback, QB, oline coach, and offensive coordinator. This is a huge benefit of keeping the systems in place.

You're right. This is a big blow. I'm hoping for a couple linemen to step up the way ZJ did last year. I really believe Hinz and Plankers will be very good. Haeg will only be better. History tells me not to count out the rams.

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 04:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

GOBISON123
06-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Lets do this BISON NATION ! COMMON, .4048......... Next man up.

HerdBot
06-26-2014, 05:03 AM
You're right. This is a big blow. I'm hoping for a couple linemen to step up the way ZJ did last year. I really believe Hinz and Plankers will be very good. Haeg will only be better. History tells me not to count out the rams.
What sucks is when you lose a guy like Turner, he is irreplaceable so you have your returning starters take their game to the next level. Problem is our 2 starters are gone and another has changed positions and as good as Haeg is, he's not Turner at LT. We've lost 40% of our returning starters.

The good news is we have time to plan and the cubbord isn't bare. These guys will need to bust ass so we don't end up looking like the early season 2010 o-line.

I would expect an offense closer to 2010-2011 version and we will have to lean on our defense and special teams.

Just so many question marks

Gotta figure Haeg, Schueller, and Hinz have been around. Plankers and Lechler are very talented and giants. Ziemer was a big recruit. Kuhnert is talented.

SamsRams
06-26-2014, 05:18 AM
We've lost 40% of our returning starters.

Who are the 60% that are returning?

SamsRams
06-26-2014, 05:31 AM
5 new starting Rams and I look forward to seeing what Riley does with them.

My guess

LT Haeg/Kelly
LG Kuhnert/Zac Johnson
C Hinz/Schueller
RG Plankers/Zac Johnson
RT Lechler/Kelly

southcliffbison
06-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Oh no!!........

It's time, dipshit, that you left this board. Mods, do your job !!

HerdBot
06-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Who are the 60% that are returning?

I meant 2 of the 5 anticipated returning starters at the same position from last year. Colville and Johnson

BisoninNWMN
06-26-2014, 01:15 PM

My guess

LT Haeg/Kelly
LG Kuhnert/Zac Johnson
C Hinz/Schueller
RG Plankers/Zac Johnson
RT Lechler/Kelly

There will be some growing pains but that could be a very good O-line in '14!!

ZHerd
06-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Basically we have 2 completely new front lines with a ton of skill at all other positions. If our O and D-lines struggle it will neutralize talent and experience elsewhere. The early part of this season should be really interesting.

scottietohottie
06-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Basically we have 2 completely new front lines with a ton of skill at all other positions. If our O and D-lines struggle it will neutralize talent and experience elsewhere. The early part of this season should be really interesting.

Good thing we scheduled a cupcake for the first game of the season to get all the kinks ironed out.

EC8CH
06-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Bingo. Goeser and Riley are two of the most important people in Fargo right now if you're a Bison football fan.

BisonNation11
06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Bingo. Goeser and Riley are two of the most important people in Fargo right now if you're a Bison football fan.

I think you could include Polasek into that group as well. He will have to figure out and determine the strengths of the offense and find ways to utilize them without running the same plays over and over again. Let's hope these young men have a quick learning curve and Kramer gets them into the best physical shape of their lives this summer.

ZHerd
06-26-2014, 03:07 PM

Not to make excuses but a Big 12 game is a rough way to get our feet wet. I'm glad some of these o-line guys have some experience anyway

td577
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM
No one has to be as good as Turner. Half as good will be very good. It sucks Johnson is out but next man up. By the conference schedule time, there will be no rookies on the line.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Hopefully the other guys step up. The oline needs to be a strength for our style of play.

EC8CH
06-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I think you could include Polasek into that group as well. He will have to figure out and determine the strengths of the offense and find ways to utilize them without running the same plays over and over again. Let's hope these young men have a quick learning curve and Kramer gets them into the best physical shape of their lives this summer.

I'd agree with this. Line play on both sides and offensive play calling out of the chute will be the most interesting things to watch as a gauge of how effective the new coaching staff has been since the shake up.

From what little I know, it looks like they crossed their first hurdle, recruiting, quite well. I hope they can continue that success and prove to be as capable at coaching and play calling as they have been at recruiting. I think they will face some greater challenges in that area with the large turnover on both lines.

Lots of fun stuff to watch for next year. Kind of makes following Bison football exciting for some completely new reasons.

Bison bison
06-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I think you could include Polasek into that group as well.

He still has eligibility!?!

This season is going to kick @SS!!!

DjKyRo
06-26-2014, 06:31 PM

Don't forget Zaque Johnson, who I just made up.

Bison bison
06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
DJ, do you do anything other than post stupid sh#t and throw airballs?!

MN_Moose
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM

Or Zach Johnson PGA and Masters Champion?

CyPanth
06-26-2014, 07:38 PM
I'd agree with this. Line play on both sides and offensive play calling out of the chute will be the most interesting things to watch as a gauge of how effective the new coaching staff has been since the shake up.

From what little I know, it looks like they crossed their first hurdle, recruiting, quite well. I hope they can continue that success and prove to be as capable at coaching and play calling as they have been at recruiting. I think they will face some greater challenges in that area with the large turnover on both lines.

Lots of fun stuff to watch for next year. Kind of makes following Bison football exciting for some completely new reasons.

"Exciting" is one word for it. "Excruciating" is another.

We (Iowa State) experienced all sorts of injuries to our offensive line last year (which now seems related to an O-line coach who didn't work the guys reasonably). So, we can empathize with you (at least some of us). I always hate to hear about a player going down to injury.

Hope he fully recovers and comes back to fulfill his football dreams. And his tragedy is another guy's opportunity. One of the "good" things coming out of last season for us was some tremendous gains in experience by younger players. It was rough last year, especially with an o-line coach who wasn't doing well, but we should benefit from that experience this year.

Bison"FANatic"
06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
"Exciting" is one word for it. "Excruciating" is another.

We (Iowa State) experienced all sorts of injuries to our offensive line last year (which now seems related to an O-line coach who didn't work the guys reasonably). So, we can empathize with you (at least some of us). I always hate to hear about a player going down to injury.

Hope he fully recovers and comes back to fulfill his football dreams. And his tragedy is another guy's opportunity. One of the "good" things coming out of last season for us was some tremendous gains in experience by younger players. It was rough last year, especially with an o-line coach who wasn't doing well, but we should benefit from that experience this year.

Is it true Mangino ate two of your offensive linemen so you are a little thin there to.

BisonNeil
06-27-2014, 01:09 AM
The Wetback is correct!!

Well, it is new to me!

We all knew he had shoulder surgery, which is why he missed spring practice, but he was supposed to be back in the fall.

So, when did it get announced that he was done for the season? Proof please.

BisonNeil
06-27-2014, 01:13 AM
What sucks is when you lose a guy like Turner, he is irreplaceable so you have your returning starters take their game to the next level. Problem is our 2 starters are gone and another has changed positions and as good as Haeg is, he's not Turner at LT. We've lost 40% of our returning starters.

The good news is we have time to plan and the cubbord isn't bare. These guys will need to bust ass so we don't end up looking like the early season 2010 o-line.

I would expect an offense closer to 2010-2011 version and we will have to lean on our defense and special teams.

Just so many question marks

Gotta figure Haeg, Schueller, and Hinz have been around. Plankers and Lechler are very talented and giants. Ziemer was a big recruit. Kuhnert is talented.

Well, if you are talking about just the OL, even before Johnson being out for the season 60% of the starters were lost with Gimmey, Turner and Colville. I am not sure what you are figuring here or how.

Jelo
06-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Forum write-up on the injury, surgery and talk with Klieman.

NDSU head coach Chris Klieman said what was expected to be a routine scope surgery turned out worse than doctors thought, and the 6-foot-4, 317-pound junior-to-be underwent microfracture surgery.

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsus-zack-johnson-miss-season-due-knee-surgery

BadlandsBison
06-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Forum write-up on the injury, surgery and talk with Klieman.

NDSU head coach Chris Klieman said what was expected to be a routine scope surgery turned out worse than doctors thought, and the 6-foot-4, 317-pound junior-to-be underwent microfracture surgery.

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsus-zack-johnson-miss-season-due-knee-surgery
Good luck during your recovery, Zack.
By the way,
Did Kolpack get a story from Bisonville? ;)

CAS4127
06-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Well, it is new to me!

We all knew he had shoulder surgery, which is why he missed spring practice, but he was supposed to be back in the fall.

So, when did it get announced that he was done for the season? Proof please.

I was wrong--this is news and it sucks. Oline will be a ? going in now and ISU will be a hell of a test.

BadlandsBison
06-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Did anyone hear Connor Riley on WDAY? Curious what he had to say

HerdBoy
06-28-2014, 05:20 PM

My guess

LT Haeg/Kelly
LG Kuhnert/Zac Johnson
C Hinz/Schueller
RG Plankers/Zac Johnson
RT Lechler/Kelly

There will be some growing pains but that could be a very good O-line in '14!!

I would agree.

Bisonator98
06-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Did anyone hear Connor Riley on WDAY? Curious what he had to say

Next man up. The guys on the team have the talent to get done. Just need to step up basically he didn't sound overly worried. Pretty much all be could say for now. We'll know more once fall camp starts.

HerdBoy
06-28-2014, 06:45 PM
As far as the first game goes ISU's D line is pretty young and inexperienced except for preseason All Big 12 RDE Cory Morrissey but then again he will be up against our most experienced OL in LT Joe Haeg.

fbmind
06-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Obviously this is bad news. But if there is any silver lining it is that Johnson missed spring as did Colville which means that the guys that will play this fall were all practicing together this spring as a starting unit. Now it is just figuring out who those 5 will be.

56BISON73
06-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Obviously this is bad news. But if there is any silver lining it is that Johnson missed spring as did Colville which means that the guys that will play this fall were all practicing together this spring as a starting unit. Now it is just figuring out who those 5 will be.

Did Colville stay in school?

A1pigskin
07-02-2014, 01:29 AM
There still is some good experience. The first game will be the test.

ZHerd
07-02-2014, 02:28 AM
There still is some good experience. The first game will be the test.

Montana will be a test as well.

SamsRams
07-02-2014, 03:25 AM
Montana will be a test as well.

You spelled Incarnate Word wrong. It happens a lot with other people also

CAS4127
07-02-2014, 03:37 AM
You spelled Incarnate Word wrong. It happens a lot with other people also

And you spelled Weber State wrong.