PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Verbal: Jake Brinkman

HerdBot
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Jake Brinkman @j_brinkman28 · 10m

Excited to say that I committed to play football at North Dakota State! Thank u to every1 who has helped me to achieve my goal!

Watched his highlights and his skills are perfect for NDSU! Just flies to the football and has big time closing speed!! Keep in mind these are his JUNIOR highlights! Offer from UNI. We got ourselves a good one! Welcome aboard!

http://bisonation.info/olb-jake-brinkman-north-liberty-ia-2015-offer/
HUDL - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1900165/highlights/77113388

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1hZc1rxrl4

Herd890
06-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Welcome to Bison Nation Jake!

westnodak93bison
06-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Welcome to Bison Nation Jake!

Nice! Seems aggressive with nice speed and decent size.

GOBISON123
06-22-2014, 06:07 PM
BisonNation welcomes Jake Brinkman and family.

bri-dog
06-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Nice to see a kid from within 100 miles of Cedar Falls pick the Bison over UNI... :biggrin:

BisonNation11
06-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Any chance they drop him to safety? And congrats on picking a great family young man!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bri-dog
06-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Any chance they drop him to safety? And congrats on picking a great family young man!

I don't know, but I'm sure he will easily put on 10 lbs of muscle under Kramer, which will make him exactly the same size as Beck...

HerdBoy
06-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Nice to see a kid from within 100 miles of Cedar Falls pick the Bison over UNI... :biggrin:

Looks like some of the highlights are from the UNI dome.

HerdBot
06-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Tough to say. We seem to value speed at linebacker but love players with versatility. Kids real talented in track. A quick google search and hes a great long jumper and ran a best time of 11.01 in the 100. But hes not just a good track athlete, he's a good overall football player.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/sports/high-school/track/2014/05/09/reginas-brinkman-shows-versatility-rvc-meet/8884059/

Reminds me of the Kocour kid we were recruiting last year

Loud and Proud Bison fan
06-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Welcome to NDSU Jake! I love the highlights... flocks to the ball quickly and has some good speed!

Castor Troy
06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Tough to say. We seem to value speed at linebacker but love players with versatility. Kids real talented in track. A quick google search and hes a great long jumper and ran a best time of 11.01 in the 100. But hes not just a good track athlete, he's a good overall football player.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/sports/high-school/track/2014/05/09/reginas-brinkman-shows-versatility-rvc-meet/8884059/

Reminds me of the Kocour kid we were recruiting last year

Not bad in track, but he is all football player. He sheds blocks like a defensive end and can really find the ball well.

HerdBot
06-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Not bad in track, but he is all football player. He sheds blocks like a defensive end and can really find the ball well.

I was thinking the same thing. Relentless in pursuit like a DE, sheds blocks like a linebacker, and runs like a safety. Track numbers a bonus. We got a good one!

BisonNeil
06-22-2014, 09:47 PM
I really like LBs who have played RB also. It just seems like they are more instinctive with pursuit angles.

If he sticks with his verbal and signs this would seem to really piss off Farley.

LakesCyclone
06-23-2014, 12:11 PM
I really like LBs who have played RB also. It just seems like they are more instinctive with pursuit angles.

If he sticks with his verbal and signs this would seem to really piss off Farley.

If Iowa misses on any of their targets the hawks will offer. And he'll go where Marv Cook played.

Mr. Burgundy
06-23-2014, 04:59 PM
If Iowa misses on any of their targets the hawks will offer. And he'll go where Marv Cook played.

Nothing like making the kid feel wanted. "Hey, you are our last resort, if the kids from down south don't want to come to Iowa City, we are going to want you, if not maybe you can walk on."

I don't doubt he will want to play FBS if the Hawks came balling, but we aren't a dog and pony show up here. I just love that his DAD is going to need some awesome Bison gear. Because he played for the team that hangs conference title banners, and his son wants Natty Titles!!! Welcome to NDSU, sounds like a terrific family and he REALLY wanted to be a Bison yesterday and that is terrific to hear. He really felt at home! Go Bison.

Bison_Pride
06-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Outstanding talent and well-spoken. Here's an interview from last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiA-tSxLu8c

I'm not a great football mind, but watching the videos he looks fast as heck, anticipates the plays, and explodes into the tackles. All while taking perfect angles. Can he just skip his senior year and redshirt already? huh?

cidhawkeye
06-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Great kid from a great family. Good all around athlete, his long jump results are after 2 practices in his life. Good baseball player as well. His team is currently on a 56 game winning streak with 4 straight titles. Got to like coaches kids especially from this family. Has a younger brother that will be a dominant lineman as well. Nice get Bison.

LakesCyclone
09-12-2014, 02:26 AM

I gave you a heads-up about what might happen. This is especially for SamsRams. Got your sophomoric reputation message. Here's a link for you: iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1680437

SamsRams
09-12-2014, 03:33 AM
I gave you a heads-up about what might happen. This is especially for SamsRams. Got your sophomoric reputation message. Here's a link for you: iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1680437

Thanks for that link we cant view cause its pay content. Really great to not be able to read it.

El_Chapo
09-12-2014, 03:58 AM
thanks for the info cyclone. ill put you green since I was able to read it and its a shame he's going to iowa-iowa state game, but oh well, I think he'll stay committed when he realizes that NDSU could beat both of them and he'll be back there in 2016

GOBISON123
09-12-2014, 04:12 AM
thanks for the info cyclone. ill put you green since I was able to read it and its a shame he's going to iowa-iowa state game, but oh well, I think he'll stay committed when he realizes that NDSU could beat both of them and he'll be back there in 2016

Wow, he wont visit NDSU on Gameday instead he decides to go to Cyclones vs HawkEyes game.....uh okay

SamsRams
09-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Wow, he wont visit NDSU on Gameday instead he decides to go to Cyclones vs HawkEyes game.....uh okay

Has to retake his ACT so cant make it this weekend.

Jaxon Brown went to Goophs game last week. Really means nothing. If they offer and go against NDSU its better to know now vs 2 years later they dont want to be champions. Plenty of great athletes out there who would jump at ndsu offer. I expect many of the verbals to accept tickets to take unofficial visits to fbs schools. As ndsu will send out invites to guys who will go DII. Standerd operating procedure and not surprising at all

GOBISON123
09-12-2014, 05:12 AM

Jaxon Brown went to Goophs game last week. Really means nothing. If they offer and go against NDSU its better to know now vs 2 years later they dont want to be champions. Plenty of great athletes out there who would jump at ndsu offer. I expect many of the verbals to accept tickets to take unofficial visits to fbs schools. As ndsu will send out invites to guys who will go DII. Standerd operating procedure and not surprising at all

Thanks John, :)

TXBison
09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Most of these guys who have NDSU offers are getting game invites from ISU/NIU/Minn etc hard to turn down free tickets to games where they make you feel special doesn't mean they are wavering. Watch who goes on officials those are much more serious.

BadlandsBison
09-12-2014, 01:43 PM

So even though a visit is unofficial the school can still give recruits free tickets?

NDSU_grad
09-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Considering he probably has a game tonight it would be pretty hard to make it to Fargo for Gameday. Plus, if you're an Iowa kid nothing beats a Cy-Hawk game.

HerdBot
09-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Considering he probably has a game tonight it would be pretty hard to make it to Fargo for Gameday. Plus, if you're an Iowa kid nothing beats a Cy-Hawk game.

Exactly. Plus it's on espn. Set dvr to record and it will be on youtube by the end of the day

TXBison
09-12-2014, 06:05 PM
So even though a visit is unofficial the school can still give recruits free tickets?

Yes potential recruits can have up to 3 free tickets but nothing else can be paid for.

17>1
09-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Talked for a bit with a young man at the Weber game who was on an unofficial visit, and he said his tickets were paid for. He was with his mom and a teammate.

SamsRams
10-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Brinkman at WIU game

https://twitter.com/j_brinkman28/status/518482078770667521

bruinbison
11-17-2014, 08:04 PM
On to the Iowa Class 1A championship game for Regina.

top-ranked Regina jumped to a 21-0 first quarter lead and cruised to a 56-18 win over No. 2 South Winneshiek (12-1) at the UNI Dome in Cedar Falls.

Jake Brinkman ran for 107 yards and a touchdown as Regina won for the 68th time in its last 69 games.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/11/15/iowa-city-regina-state-football-finals/19095957/

SamsRams
01-14-2015, 10:44 PM
official visit this weekend http://bisonation.info/olb-jake-brinkman-north-liberty-ia-2015-offer/

westnodak93bison
01-14-2015, 11:23 PM
This kid looks like he has incredible closing speed.

A1pigskin
01-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Awesome highlights. Welcome to NDSU.

THE HERD
01-29-2015, 07:04 PM
This kid looks like he has incredible closing speed.

This kid is Travis Beck 2.0......excellent closing speed!

Herd12
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Anybody else get nervous this time of year when the individual prospect threads get shot up the football board?

THEsocalledfan
01-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Anybody else get nervous this time of year when the individual prospect threads get shot up the football board?

I'll never forget the Stick meltdown last year. EPIC.

BisonNation11
01-29-2015, 08:02 PM

I said to myself, "Oh sh*t" as a saw this thread at the top. Knock it off people! :biggrin:

NodakBizon
01-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Damn, after all those close playoff games my heart has taken enough pounding for one year.

BisonNeil
01-29-2015, 10:24 PM

Yes, I do. Unless there is serious and significant news I wish BVers wouldn't reseurrect threads. And no, saying a player has great closing speed doesn't qualify and is trollish in my opinion.

SamsRams
01-29-2015, 10:30 PM
But Iowa is gonna offer any minute now so we should all be nervous /purple

bruinbison
02-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Nice article in the Des Moines Register on Regina's Jake Brinkman

As high school teammates Jake Brinkman, Phil Arendt and Jacob Adam helped Regina win 55 games and a state-record four consecutive state titles.
In order to keep winning titles at the next level the Regina teammates may have to go through one another.
The trio signed national letters of intent with a pair of FCS powers and Missouri Valley Conference rivals on Wednesday as Adam and Arendt signed with Northern Iowa while Brinkman inked with four-time national champion North Dakota State.

"They have really good talent there but it is just the hard work and the desire that they have to win that stands out," Brinkman said. "There is no arrogance they want to work hard and it was the perfect place for me.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/04/regina-football-signings-arendt-brinkman-adam/22868101/

MAKBison
02-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Nice article in the Des Moines Register on Regina's Jake Brinkman

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/02/04/regina-football-signings-arendt-brinkman-adam/22868101/

My favorite parts of the article..

"They have really good talent there but it is just the hard work and the desire that they have to win that stands out," Brinkman said. "There is no arrogance they want to work hard and it was the perfect place for me.....Brinkman committed to North Dakota State last summer choosing the Bison over an offer from Northern Iowa where his father Mike played....."It's the biggest rivalry in the conference and probably even in that division," Arendt said."

bruinbison
12-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Jake Brinkman's younger brother Jared, named 1st Team Iowa All-State
by the Des Moines Register.

OL: Jared Brinkman, jr., Iowa City Regina, 6-2, 255
Physical center a constant mismatch up front in 1A