PDA

View Full Version : Camp Time

SamsRams
06-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Entz tweeted out 19 states and 3 countries represented at NDSU camp. Being told the third country is Germany.

Going to be some studs on campus this weekend and I am looking forward to checking it out. O-Line battles will be huge as I dont know of a O-Line offer yet.

http://bisonation.info/whos-going-camping-2015/

BIG BIG WEEKEND!!!

17>1
06-20-2014, 12:24 AM
There's a young man that I run into at Anytime quite often. He told me this morning that he got an email invite to this camp from someone at NDSU. His first name is Andrew but I don't know his last name. Plays RB for a class B school out by Casselton. Sorry if this seems vague, but I don't know him real well I guess. I think he's only going into his junior year so I'm not sure if this camp is only for Seniors-to-be, and maybe he was referring to a different camp.

Edit: PS, thanks for the work you put into that list John.

SamsRams
06-20-2014, 01:12 AM
There's a young man that I run into at Anytime quite often. He told me this morning that he got an email invite to this camp from someone at NDSU. His first name is Andrew but I don't know his last name. Plays RB for a class B school out by Casselton. Sorry if this seems vague, but I don't know him real well I guess. I think he's only going into his junior year so I'm not sure if this camp is only for Seniors-to-be, and maybe he was referring to a different camp.

I have numerous juniors listed amd indicated with 2016 next to then. Would love to look this guy up but im short on time as I fly out in under 12 hours to cover the camp. If you nail it down let me know. Would love to add more nd athletes

westnodak93bison
06-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Looks like our recruiting foot print is intact. Nice numbers from MN, WI, IA, NE and wow from SD. Even a kid from Winnipeg which is an area I think we could get a great athlete out of every couple years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HerdBoy
06-20-2014, 02:15 AM
Excellent job. Wolsey, SD representing.

HerdBot
06-20-2014, 02:55 AM
Looks like our recruiting foot print is intact. Nice numbers from MN, WI, IA, NE and wow from SD. Even a kid from Winnipeg which is an area I think we could get a great athlete out of every couple years.

I'm blown away we have 70 kids from Wisconsin.

OT.. I see another Veldman from Becker. Assume he's related to Matt

SamsRams
06-20-2014, 05:40 AM

Way more than 70 I only have that many listed. I would guess every state ndsu usually recruits in is double than what I actually have listed. Twitter was on fire today and I couldnt keep up

Fun to have campers from missouri and ohio reaching out and asking to be added to the list

NDSU
06-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Yes, his younger brother!

tony
06-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Great work, SamsRams! You've done a great job ramping up the excitement of the summer camps.

17>1
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I have numerous juniors listed amd indicated with 2016 next to then. Would love to look this guy up but im short on time as I fly out in under 12 hours to cover the camp. If you nail it down let me know. Would love to add more nd athletes

Gotcha, missed the years by the names. Did some research and found him. Andrew Jones from Northern Cass. Looks like he's only going to be a sophmore this year.

BisonNation11
06-20-2014, 04:22 PM

Gotcha, missed the years by the names. Did some research and found him. Andrew Jones from Northern Cass. Looks like he's only going to be a sophmore this year.

I know this young man. I actually know his father better. His family runs a bowling center in Fargo and his dad is one of the nicer guys you could ever meet. He used to be heavy into basketball (still might be) but I know they work out all the time and his father would be ecstatic if he became a Bison. I know they have talked with current and former players and would on occasion workout with them. Kid seems to be a really hard worker and is doing everything he can to prepare his body for football.

17>1
06-20-2014, 05:16 PM
I know this young man. I actually know his father better. His family runs a bowling center in Fargo and his dad is one of the nicer guys you could ever meet. He used to be heavy into basketball (still might be) but I know they work out all the time and his father would be ecstatic if he became a Bison. I know they have talked with current and former players and would on occasion workout with them. Kid seems to be a really hard worker and is doing everything he can to prepare his body for football.

Agreed. Kid is really a hard worker. He's pretty strong as well, squatted with 4 plates the other day.....pretty sure I couldn't even do that. He told me that he's done some plyo and speed work with Sanford and seems to be doing the little things to make himself a better FB player. He occasionally gets a chance to work out with and talk to former Bison player Jason Pommerenke too.
On a side note about Jason, I've also gotten to know him pretty well and lifted with him a few times. Those D1 linemen, or any football player at that level, are absolute beasts.

Bison_Pride
06-21-2014, 07:22 AM
So I'm out for awhile tonight at a local establishment and I notice there are a few guys hanging around who look like they are from out of state, and see one guy is wearing a shirt that says Spirit Lake Iowa football on it. So I said, "are you up here for the football camp?" He said he was staying here while his son was at NDSU for the football camp. I asked how that was going. He said "Man that is crazy. They must have a thousand kids up there". (his words) "Really?", I said. "Yeah, they have four practice fields up there and they are all filled with people. There are almost too many people. Man this is big time up here. No wonder they have won three straight championships. I was standing there watching some of the drills with some of the other dads and we were all looking around and saying to each other that this is crazy." So then I asked him if they had went to any other camps yet. He said they were just on their way back from the Wyoming camp. I asked how that one went. He said, "Well that one was small. There were only about 200 kids at that one." Then he mentioned that he thought that this camp was probably the best recruiting tool ever. Nice guy.

Mr. Burgundy
06-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Roughly 900 kids. 25 from Chicago. Remember these kids pay their own way. Pretty amazing what this new staff did for this camp. A lot of offers and talent

HerdBot
06-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Roughly 900 kids. 25 from Chicago. Remember these kids pay their own way. Pretty amazing what this new staff did for this camp. A lot of offers and talent

With 900 campers we may want to add some facilities to accommodate them all.

unbison
06-21-2014, 05:16 PM
The dorms hold less then 900?

Bison bison
06-21-2014, 05:43 PM

If we were UND or VCSU it'd be done already. $12 million complex that is.

Tatanka
06-21-2014, 06:00 PM
If we were UND or VCSU it'd be done already. $12 million complex that is.

I would also have accepted "Williston State", but you would have had to raise the dollar figure.

Bisonwinagn
06-21-2014, 06:26 PM

How is it possible for the coaches to evaluate anyone when they have that many kids? Just curious.

BlueKeyAlum
06-21-2014, 07:29 PM
The dorms hold less then 900?

The campers were originally supposed to stay in Reed Johnson. That houses about 500. Looks like they've had to expand to other residence halls on campus.

Bison bison
06-21-2014, 07:32 PM
How is it possible for the coaches to evaluate anyone when they have that many kids? Just curious.

Probably the same way the Big Ten does. No one under 6' is considered.

westnodak93bison
06-21-2014, 07:40 PM

Maybe video?

Bison bison
06-21-2014, 07:45 PM
How is it possible for the coaches to evaluate anyone when they have that many kids?

Get a babysitter?

HerdBot
06-21-2014, 08:29 PM
The campers were originally supposed to stay in Reed Johnson. That houses about 500. Looks like they've had to expand to other residence halls on campus.

If I was rich I'd build a complex for campers where those ugly tennis courts are and everyone would get a free yard sign. Unfortunately I'm not rich.

IndyBison
06-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Not everyone there is getting evaluated. Some people are just attending camp. The coaches already know about some players and will watch them. Others will jump out during the camp. Having 900 increases the chance they will find a couple diamonds in the rough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SamsRams
06-22-2014, 12:02 AM
This camp is mainly other coaches running drills and ndsu coaches dipping in and out of drills where they want to watch certain players. Polasek was on fire today as were Crockett and Grant Olson. Fun to watch them teach these athletes.

Camp is very efficiently run for having so many players. 5 fields over flowing with campers

BadlandsBison
06-22-2014, 12:42 AM
This camp is mainly other coaches running drills and ndsu coaches dipping in and out of drills where they want to watch certain players. Polasek was on fire today as were Crockett and Grant Olson. Fun to watch them teach these athletes.

Camp is very efficiently run for having so many players. 5 fields over flowing with campers
Heh, I bet Polasek was having a blast. If anyone can grab your attention, its him

SamsRams
06-22-2014, 05:45 AM
Will be updating this page with interviews and videos

http://bisonation.info/2015-spring-camp-interviews-and-videos/

Herd890
06-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Will be updating this page with interviews and videos

Thanks for all the coverage and effort put into this camp John. much appreciated and great job as always!

HerdBot
06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Camp MVP for wr junior class . This kid will likely end up a Badger. Impressive highlights as a sophomore!
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2539699/blair-mulholland

SamsRams
06-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Camp MVP for wr junior class . This kid will likely end up a Badger. Impressive highlights as a sophomore!
Kyle Webb for Senior class
Kieran Thomas won a RB MVP, will have interview with him posted later tonight. Gotta do some family stuff but will be back on tonight updating with all the interviews. Did about 10 today with the highlights being Carlton and Grimsley

westnodak93bison
06-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Same high school as Colten Heagle.

SamsRams
06-23-2014, 05:41 AM
Best tweet of the camp

https://twitter.com/zachkubas7/status/480565049065361408

Same high school as Colten Heagle.

I got one better Heagle name drop than that, how about an interview with his cousin Nick Fahnrich

westnodak93bison
06-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Hey any idea who the top targets are at each position?

GOBISON123
06-24-2014, 06:38 AM
In front of the Bison Statue near the library would have been a great location to record the interview with these kids

SamsRams
06-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Hey any idea who the top targets are at each position?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but the guys with offers. Brinkman was top LB on board and he is a verbal.

Strong push for the 3 locals and the MSP offers now. Get this pushed to 8-12 by season start and they will be some happy coaches I am guessing

All interviews are up and most of the camp videos. Hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do.

ZHerd
06-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass, but the guys with offers. Brinkman was top LB on board and he is a verbal.

Strong push for the 3 locals and the MSP offers now. Get this pushed to 8-12 by season start and they will be some happy coaches I am guessing

All interviews are up and most of the camp videos. Hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do.

I definitely enjoy them. Thanks for your contributions

jarhead
06-25-2014, 12:23 AM
I definitely enjoy them. Thanks for your contributions

Agreed! You keep raising the bar, John. Thanks again.

tony
06-25-2014, 12:28 AM

The interviews are great! Keep it up.

SamsRams
06-25-2014, 01:32 AM
The interviews are great! Keep it up.

Plan to be at Shanley 7X7 tomorrow to talk to Ellefson, Johannesson and Brooks. Hope to get some video also of the action

SamsRams
06-25-2014, 01:39 AM
I was only given one rule and that was to keep NDSU coaches off the video. Made it a little tough but still got some good stuff. This is my favorite video of camp. Its not about what you see, but what you hear. You can hear Polasak, GO and Crockett in the background coaching up the RB's and LB's who are doing some one on one blocking. there were some big hits, biggest I saw was Sartell's Nate Jensen lay the wood on some LB. Crockett dang near jumped out of Dacotah Field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMwboGSUOc

reformedUNDfan
06-25-2014, 01:48 AM
I was only given one rule and that was to keep NDSU coaches off the video. Made it a little tough but still got some good stuff. This is my favorite video of camp. Its not about what you see, but what you hear. You can hear Polasak, GO and Crockett in the background coaching up the RB's and LB's who are doing some one on one blocking. there were some big hits, biggest I saw was Sartell's Nate Jensen lay the wood on some LB. Crockett dang near jumped out of Dacotah Field.

This is my favorite video of camp.

link is dead to me

Bison bison
06-25-2014, 01:51 AM
it's not a url, zelda.

SamsRams
06-25-2014, 03:09 AM
it's not a url, zelda.
I suck............sorry. Trying to update map with 13 and 15 guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMwboGSUOc

IBleedYellow
06-25-2014, 03:56 AM
These are awesome. Thanks for all the hard work John!

SamsRams
06-26-2014, 03:32 AM
Interviews and some video with Johannesson, Ellefson and Brooks

17>1
06-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Talked with Andrew at the gym today. Said he had a great time at the camp. Apparently he got MVP for his age/position group. Mentioned a kid from Hopkins being huge, like massive strong huge. Think he was a RB. Said Brooks from South ran a 4.51? It was a lengthy convo so some details may not be 100% accurate.