PDA

View Full Version : Kra-Mart

El_Chapo
06-12-2014, 10:45 PM
NDSU weight room is in the old Kmart building on 19th ave.
Coach Klieman at golf outing just announced that the players and staff are calling it...

Kra-Mart

HandoEX
06-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Lol! That's good stuff!

Tatanka
06-12-2014, 11:07 PM
:rofl::rofl:

TbonZach
06-12-2014, 11:13 PM
I thought it was the old Sunmart.

Hammersmith
06-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Correct, it was the old Sunmart. The old Kmart was next door and became the NDSCS Skills and Tech Center.

Still funny though.

SamsRams
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
take your facts and stick them where the sun dont shine. Chapo says KMart so just go with it

Bison 4 Life
06-12-2014, 11:25 PM
take your facts and stick them where the sun dont shine. Chapo says KMart so just go with it

They're both correct. Before it was Sunmart, it was K Mart.

Before it was K Mart, it was the Starlite Dive In theater.

someone a little older than me can tighten up the details on that.

TbonZach
06-12-2014, 11:29 PM

And before that it was nothing but farmland for as far as the eye could see. That's where the phrase "far across the plains of Fargo" comes from. Right, PL? ;)

TbonZach
06-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Correct, it was the old Sunmart. The old Kmart was next door and became the NDSCS Skills and Tech Center.

Still funny though.

True.

I know, I know. Facts and chapo don't mix.

Bison 4 Life
06-12-2014, 11:47 PM

Still funny though.

That's a little closer to how I remember it, although I remember the Kmart being there much longer than any grocery store.

I still remember the drive in.

roadwarrior
06-13-2014, 12:04 AM
The K-mart was in the building housing NDSCS.

The original tenant of the space where the weight room is now located was Buttrey Foods. Osco Drug occupied the space where CVS is now located.

El_Chapo
06-13-2014, 12:11 AM

Hey smart ass. KLIEMAN said it not me. He even sat next to me & we had a pleasant talk about life we gotta get that iowa guy to the lakes more

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2014, 12:21 AM
The K-mart was in the building housing NDSCS.

The original tenant of the space where the weight room is now located was Buttrey Foods. Osco Drug occupied the space where CVS is now located.

Osco Buttrey (or Buttrey Osco) was our main grocery store growing up. 13th and 25th.

unbison
06-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey smart ass. KLIEMAN said it not me. He even sat next to me & we had a pleasant talk about life we gotta get that iowa guy to the lakes more

I'd say you sat next to him!

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2014, 02:00 AM
good to see the Chapo out and gettin info straight from the boss instead of us having to read them from reporters with their "unnamed sources"

Hope he has a great weekend out on the boat, well deserved after this afternoons shindig me boi!

56BISON73
06-13-2014, 02:02 AM
I'd say you sat next to him!

Cornered like a rat in a trap. :biggrin:

El_Chapo
06-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Thanks longhorn. And un bison and plbison he was a gentlemen and looked over the room and proceeded to sit next to me. He knows where to come for good info and entertainment. Klieman is A-1 in my book.

56BISON73
06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Thanks longhorn. And un bison and plbison he was a gentlemen and looked over the room and proceeded to sit next to me. He knows where to come for good info and entertainment. Klieman is A-1 in my book.

Ive seen you work a crowd. :biggrin:

scottietohottie
06-13-2014, 03:50 AM
And before that it was nothing but farmland for as far as the eye could see. That's where the phrase "far across the plains of Fargo" comes from. Right, PL? ;)

And before that it belonged to the native American

bisonfanette
06-13-2014, 04:37 AM
he was a gentlemen and looked over the room and proceeded to sit next to me. He knows where to come for good info and entertainment. Klieman is A-1 in my book.

And that's all that really matters! :)

El_Chapo
06-13-2014, 04:43 AM
Hell ya fanette

HerdBot
06-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Here's a pic of the temporary weight room. Honestly with the location across from the dome I don't think this will hurt us at all. Looks pretty decent, actually. I imagine It's probably bigger than the old one. Fine work by Gene Taylor and crew for finding a good temporary solution to deal with the SHAC construction. The bubble will be important too

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp2m-4YCEAEwc2v.jpg

ZHerd
06-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Here's a pic of the temporary weight room. Honestly with the location across from the dome I don't think this will hurt us at all. Looks pretty decent, actually. I imagine It's probably bigger than the old one. Fine work by Gene Taylor and crew for finding a good temporary solution to deal with the SHAC construction

But where is the hanging helmet of that nemesis team that we just can not beat....wait... Oh ya

GRAFTONBISON
06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
After reading this thread, I find it fascinating that Klieman was golfing in Mexico. A little outside of our normal recruiting territory isn't it?

Bison Fan 17
06-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Careful with the "Native American " phrase.We dont want people getting their un_ies in a bunch..

WYOBISONMAN
06-13-2014, 02:00 PM

I met my wife at a drive in move at the Starlite when we were freshmen.......fall of 1979.

Da Bison
06-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I met my wife at a drive in move at the Starlite when we were freshmen.......fall of 1979.

Ah..........................the memories:innocent:

bruinbison
06-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Ah..........................the memories:innocent:

But everyone knows that Shanley's Ladies would not go there..........:)

So were you off poaching North Spartan Sweeties?

Thanks for the photo HerdBot! Looks like the Bison made lemonade out of those lemons.....:cheers:

BYZEN
06-13-2014, 03:50 PM

Don't forget the Spud Cuties at the Moonlight.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::hide:

Loud and Proud Bison fan
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Here's a pic of the temporary weight room. Honestly with the location across from the dome I don't think this will hurt us at all. Looks pretty decent, actually. I imagine It's probably bigger than the old one. Fine work by Gene Taylor and crew for finding a good temporary solution to deal with the SHAC construction. The bubble will be important too

I am a huge fan of the Dairy sign on the back wall.. adds a touch of the North Dakota way of life.

Da Bison
06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the photo HerdBot! Looks like the Bison made lemonade out of those lemons.....:cheers:

Mostly the South Bruin sweeties..................much easier:cool::bong:

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't forget the Spud Cuties at the Moonlight.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::hide:

Man you guys. I was just a kid when we went to the Moonlite. I was just happy I could stay up late.

NDSUSR
06-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Meet my wife there. She was a South Bruin. LOL.

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/12/0612/0603art/starlite.jpg

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Meet my wife there. She was a South Bruin. LOL.

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/12/0612/0603art/starlite.jpg

I remember when we drove by there, seeing that sign. Didn't do it much because there was almost nothing else up there.

El_Chapo
06-13-2014, 08:28 PM
NDSUSR says

"Meet my wife there. "

well im not free tonight, maybe tuesday? ill be in the red el camino

kab1one
06-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Wasn't the Cass County or Red River fair across the street? Or was that farther down 19th to the east where Fargo North is?

NDSUSR
06-13-2014, 08:42 PM
NDSUSR says

"Meet my wife there. "

well im not free tonight, maybe tuesday? ill be in the red el camino

Damn eeeeeeeeeee key. Well I will give her a heads up about Tuesday.

Hammerhead
06-13-2014, 09:14 PM
The fairgrounds and a baseball stadium used to occupy the spot where North High is now. I think my parents took us to the Starlite drive in once or twice. The Moonlight was more common since it was closer to our house. They both closed by the time I was old enough to drive. :(

Tatanka
06-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Damn eeeeeeeeeee key. Well I will give her a heads up about Tuesday.

So will el Chapo, sort of.

Elvis was a Bison
06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
good to see the Chapo out and gettin info straight from the boss instead of us having to read them from reporters with their "unnamed sources"

Hope he has a great weekend out on the boat, well deserved after this afternoons shindig me boi!

Jeez! I'm surprised you could get your face out of his lap long enough to type such an important post.:facepalm:

southcliffbison
06-14-2014, 04:34 AM
I remember when we drove by there, seeing that sign. Didn't do it much because there was almost nothing else up there.

The Starlite does bring back memories; one of my girlfriends lost her panties there (must have been during one of those long intermissions. Anyway, we even went back to look for them before I took her home............never did find them. Oh well, what's a pair of panties.....

56BISON73
06-14-2014, 04:41 AM
Jeez! I'm surprised you could get your face out of his lap long enough to type such an important post.:facepalm:

:rimshot::D

SamsRams
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM

Thanks for this post. You are a really neat person and i like you a Bunch. I want to be your friend really bad......I mean really bad!! I for sure will rep this and will keep encouraging you.

Elvis was a Bison
06-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Thanks for this post. You are a really neat person and i like you a Bunch. I want to be your friend really bad......I mean really bad!! I for sure will rep this and will keep encouraging you.

GOLLY GEE!!! If you only knew how much that means to me!!!!!

Thundering Herd
06-16-2014, 11:10 AM
NDSU weight room is in the old Kmart building on 19th ave.
Coach Klieman at golf outing just announced that the players and staff are calling it...

Kra-Mart
How embarrassing! No MWC team would ever lift in an old Kmart! So small-time. Chapo, have some great beer...you deserve it me boi!

runtheoption
06-16-2014, 01:42 PM
How embarrassing! No MWC team would ever lift in an old Kmart! So small-time. Chapo, have some great beer...you deserve it me boi!
Any self-respecting institution should settle for nothing less than Pamida or Alco.

StL Bison Fan
06-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Any self-respecting institution should settle for nothing less than Pamida or Alco.

I think they liked the Martha Stewart look of kmart.

Hammerhead
06-16-2014, 09:38 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2242066176/hCA8AC797/