PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas State AD Decides to Ditch FCS Games After 2016....

NDSUstudent
06-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Terry Mohajir also told the Gazette that Arkansas State will not schedule FCS teams moving forward due to strength of schedule concerns.

“It’s about the ratings at the end of the year,” Mohajir said. “The way the new selection committee is going to work, if you have an FCS win, it won’t help you. It can hurt you, especially when they’re getting down to comparing schedules. If you lose to one, it’ll kill you.”

ASU is currently slated to host Montana State in 2014, Missouri State in 2015, and Central Arkansas in 2016.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/05/arkansas-state-iowa-state-schedule-2024-25-football-series/

SamsRams
06-03-2014, 01:19 AM
http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/05/arkansas-state-iowa-state-schedule-2024-25-football-series/

LOL at Arkansas State thinking anyone would consider them for the playoffs. L-F'n-OL

HerdBot
06-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Didn't K-State lose to us and win a Bowl Game? I don't think it kills them at all. What bugs me is everyone lumps FCS teams together. Its like Comparing Alabama to Ball State.

56BISON73
06-03-2014, 01:42 AM
LOL at Arkansas State thinking anyone would consider them for the playoffs. L-F'n-OL

Thats what I was thinking.

BisonTeacher
06-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Maybe hes just trying to save face cuz no fcs team wanted to play them.

NDSUstudent
06-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Didn't K-State lose to us and win a Bowl Game? I don't think it kills them at all. What bugs me is everyone lumps FCS teams together. Its like Comparing Alabama to Ball State.

Well their AD is talking about the playoffs/access bowl, which is a bit different. The top G5 team gets a premium bowl spot, there is also the playoff but that isn't ever happening for Ark State.

SamsRams
06-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Maybe hes just trying to save face cuz no fcs team wanted to play them.

Great point, they would hurt an fcs teams sos

DePereBisonFan
06-03-2014, 02:23 AM
"If you lose to one, it'll kill you"

Well, yeah...but that's not the strength of schedule argument. That's a whole other issue if you're losing to (as opposed to just playing) FCS teams.

HerdBot
06-03-2014, 03:33 AM
"If you lose to one, it'll kill you"

Well, yeah...but that's not the strength of schedule argument. That's a whole other issue if you're losing to (as opposed to just playing) FCS teams.

Haha this ^^

tjbison
06-03-2014, 04:05 AM
I love it, hillbilly St thinking they are anything

SamsRams
06-03-2014, 04:09 AM
What relationships does Alvarez have at this university. This feels fake and forced

Loud and Proud Bison fan
06-03-2014, 01:27 PM
This coming from the same team that put up Second Head coach in the Spring game up for bid on Ebay. Granted they were lucky and got over $11K, but this school has 0 credibility.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10782471/arkansas-state-red-wolves-auction-job-coach-spring-football-game-11700

natstar1
06-04-2014, 03:42 AM
meh, I thought Arkansas State was FCS.

56BISON73
06-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Lady that works at my dentist office her son went to ASU and played football there a few years back. This past Jan after the trip to Frisco I had my semi annual check up. I was wearing a NDSU shirt so she asked how our season went. I told her we just got back from Frisco and the National Championship game which made 3 National Championships in a row. She says well they arent the Red Wolves. I said you are correct. NDSu is better. She asked how so. I asked if she ever heard of Kansas State the defending Big 12 Champions. She said of course. I just said. We beat them this past year. Ive been going to that office since 1990. First time I have ever seen her speechless.

THEsocalledfan
06-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Lady that works at my dentist office her son went to ASU and played football there a few years back. This past Jan after the trip to Frisco I had my semi annual check up. I was wearing a NDSU shirt so she asked how our season went. I told her we just got back from Frisco and the National Championship game which made 3 National Championships in a row. She says well they arent the Red Wolves. I said you are correct. NDSu is better. She asked how so. I asked if she ever heard of Kansas State the defending Big 12 Champions. She said of course. I just said. We beat them this past year. Ive been going to that office since 1990. First time I have ever seen her speechless.

Great story PL. And it really shows the problem the FCS faces......the casual fan, to even fairly knowledgeable big 5 conf. fan just just doesn't get it.

Hammerhead
06-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Since 2007, their highest Sagarin rating at the end of a season was 50 and they have only been in the top 100 3 times. Average Sagarin rating from '07-'14 is 117.

CAS4127
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
meh, I thought Arkansas State was FCS.

So did I.

BDK is transgender!!

56BISON73
06-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Great story PL. And it really shows the problem the FCS faces......the casual fan, to even fairly knowledgeable big 5 conf. fan just just doesn't get it.

They dont have to or want to get it. They have no interest in FCS. As a matter of fact the casual fan doesnt even know anything about FCS. They dont care.

SamsRams
06-04-2014, 11:41 PM
They dont have to or want to get it. They have no interest in FCS. As a matter of fact the casual fan doesnt even know anything about FCS. They dont care.
Same can be said about the Sun Belt, MAC and MWC.

56BISON73
06-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Same can be said about the Sun Belt, MAC and MWC.

You are correct.

SamsRams
06-05-2014, 12:37 AM
You are correct.

That is why I dont get the dummies who say NDSU needs to go big time and then finish it with Let's Join the Mountain West. Less than 100,000 people in the world give 2 shits about the MWC football conference and that is maybe 5,000 more than the MVFC.

You dont leave something good for something that might be just a tad bit better and way more expensive. Makes no sense at all. I cant wait til the day comes and the MVFC is at the same DI level of football as the MWC. The dummies will look extra dumb

THEsocalledfan
06-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I cant wait til the day comes and the MVFC is at the same DI level of football as the MWC. The dummies will look extra dumb

Hope you are right on that......

stevdock
06-06-2014, 01:27 PM
If I were a fan of Arkansas State I would want my AD to say the exact same thing. How many of us were upset when NDSU had no choice but to schedule Ferris St?? If we were to ever go FBS, how many of you would be upset if we scheduled any FCS games?? Honestly I don't understand why any FBS school would want to schedule an FCS game OTHER THAN more often than not it's a cheaper payout for a home game. If it were strictly a football decision there are very few FCS schools I would even think about scheduling.

56BISON73
06-06-2014, 09:43 PM
That is why I dont get the dummies who say NDSU needs to go big time and then finish it with Let's Join the Mountain West. Less than 100,000 people in the world give 2 shits about the MWC football conference and that is maybe 5,000 more than the MVFC.

You dont leave something good for something that might be just a tad bit better and way more expensive. Makes no sense at all. I cant wait til the day comes and the MVFC is at the same DI level of football as the MWC. The dummies will look extra dumb

Ahhhhh because theyre dummies?????? I think you nailed it.:biggrin:

KC Bison
06-14-2014, 03:38 AM
Central Arkansas, Arkansas State, is there a difference..I also thought they were both FCS.

56BISON73
06-14-2014, 03:42 AM
Central Arkansas, Arkansas State, is there a difference..I also thought they were both FCS.

Central is in Conway and they are FCS. State is in Jonesboro and they are FBS.

KC Bison
06-23-2014, 03:42 PM
I know they're different schools in different towns but in my mind Ark. State (FBS) is no better than C. Ark. (FCS).

56BISON73
06-23-2014, 09:32 PM
I know they're different schools in different towns but in my mind Ark. State (FBS) is no better than C. Ark. (FCS).

There could be an argument in that statement. But then again may be not. :biggrin: