PDA

View Full Version : RB Anthony Ware Jr Signs with NDSU

SamsRams
05-24-2014, 01:41 AM
Another great addition to the 2014 class. He tells me he signed his LOI last Friday and his primary position is RB. Would be an interesting SS candidate but we will wait for coaches to evaluate him in Fall Camp.

Welcome to NDSU Anthony!!

http://bisonation.info/athlete-anthony-ware-lakeland-fl-2014-commit/

HerdBot
05-24-2014, 02:35 AM
What I like about him is virtually every highlight is a run up the middle and he breaks multiple tackles on every single run. Tough kid. Good blocker. If Kramer can help him improve his speed, we have a diamond in the rough. From what I read his high school has produced many nfl guys over the years.

Christopher Moen
05-24-2014, 12:59 PM
What I like about him is virtually every highlight is a run up the middle and he breaks multiple tackles on every single run. Tough kid. Good blocker. If Kramer can help him improve his speed, we have a diamond in the rough. From what I read his high school has produced many nfl guys over the years.

I came away with pretty much the same conclusion. It seems like he enjoys breaking the initial tackles then seeks out the next level of defenders to hit instead of running away from people.

Go Bison!!!

A1pigskin
05-25-2014, 03:01 PM

Lots of positives here.

SamsRams
07-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Dont see him on the roster anymore

Herd
07-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Dont see him on the roster anymore

He was not at the spring game or on the spring roster, was he? Been gone awhile. I didnt hear any talk about it, people were too busy gushing about Dunn, but he gone.

Bison_Pride
07-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Seemed like a good young man on twitter.

Just a case of being really far away from a serious girlfriend it appears.

tjbison
07-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Can't bash a kid for making life choices, hope he has a successful future

westnodak93bison
07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
And when the inevitable nagging starts he will wonder wtf he was thinking leaving NDSU.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
07-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Why are we surprised? The retention rates of peripheral states like FL, TX, AZ, NC, CA, etc are so pathetically low that the occasional and very rare nugget cannot possibly off set the expense. Most of them are gone from my mind before they step on campus. Harsh, I know, but they are rarely worth the time you all discuss or the precious seconds I wasted writing this.

EndZoneQB
07-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Why are we surprised? The retention rates of peripheral states like FL, TX, AZ, NC, CA, etc are so pathetically low that the occasional and very rare nugget cannot possibly off set the expense. Most of them are gone from my mind before they step on campus. Harsh, I know, but they are rarely worth the time you all discuss or the precious seconds I wasted writing this.

We really wish you had saved those precious seconds and NOT posted it. Thank you, do not come again.

tjbison
07-30-2015, 02:07 PM

DJ McNorton and Warren Holloway would like to have a word with you

HerdBot
07-30-2015, 02:52 PM

Late commits from along ways away always seem to leave if they don't see the field. In Wares situation, with Morlock and Frazier having 2 more years and Dunn having 4 as well as brining in 2 high profile backs in Anderson and Purifoy, he see a chance of playing as small I assume.

Distance is an issue. Distance and committing late is even worse since they were obviously not sold.

Kids don't come from Florida to ride the bench. So if you recruit a Florida kid, you better be sure he will see the field like Board and Dempsey.

I think it's OK to lose a player after 1 year. It's the guys who leave after 3 that are a complete waste like Dee Gray

You get a kid from the upper midwest and they will be more likely to stay, even if they only play a year. That builds amazing depth

EC8CH
07-30-2015, 03:04 PM
DJ McNorton and Warren Holloway would like to have a word with you

Jordan Champion is a hell of a baller for the Bison as well.

I'd guess that the perception of low retention rates from those states is skewed. So few player come from those areas as opposed to the midwest that when one or two leave the program it seems like they all do, but I bet as a percentage it's probably much closer than you'd think. Plus these kids are asked to live a long way from family and friends so I'd be inclined to cut them some slack.

daHERDfollower
07-30-2015, 07:49 PM

I'd guess that the perception of low retention rates from those states is skewed. So few player come from those areas as opposed to the midwest that when one or two leave the program it seems like they all do, but I bet as a percentage it's probably much closer than you'd think. Plus these kids are asked to live a long way from family and friends so I'd be inclined to cut them some slack.

Props to RB/WR senior Darius Anderson who took his chances transferring from vcsu, trying out for the bison, making the team, and sticking out his four years with a championship team being the only one from Hawaii to do so...shows good character imho

HerdBot
07-31-2015, 04:42 AM
Props to RB/WR senior Darius Anderson who took his chances transferring from vcsu, trying out for the bison, making the team, and sticking out his four years with a championship team being the only one from Hawaii to do so...shows good character imho

I hear ya but it's Valley City state. Going from Valley City to NDSU is like going from Grand Forks to Vegas.

tjbison
07-31-2015, 04:50 AM
I hear ya but it's Valley City state. Going from Valley City to NDSU is like going from Grand Forks to Vegas.
So what if it's VCSU?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bison bison
07-31-2015, 05:05 AM

This. Kid's a goddamn Champion.

HerdBot
07-31-2015, 05:05 AM
So what if it's VCSU?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The poster implied it's really noble thing to tranfer to a great D1 program from VCSU. Kid got a great education and got to contribute to several national championship teams and he could make an impact on this year's team. I do admire how he busted ass even on the practice squad. That makes a big impact

daHERDfollower
07-31-2015, 05:59 AM
The poster implied it's really noble thing to tranfer to a great D1 program from VCSU. Kid got a great education and got to contribute to several national championship teams and he could make an impact on this year's team. I do admire how he busted ass even on the practice squad. That makes a big impact

I was implying that he is the only one from Hawaii to stick out four years with the Bison in Fargo....It had nothing to do with him transferring from vcsu to a D1 program....there was talk about players from AZ, FL, CA, etc leaving the program being so far away from family and friends....I was giving Anderson credit for still being a Bison even though his home is 4000 miles away

BisonNeil
07-31-2015, 06:13 AM
We really wish you had saved those precious seconds and NOT posted it. Thank you, do not come again.

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want differing opinions on this site, would we? Keep the rose-tinted thingies on your face, they look good on you.

HerdBot
07-31-2015, 06:17 AM
I was implying that he is the only one from Hawaii to stick out four years with the Bison in Fargo....It had nothing to do with him transferring from vcsu to a D1 program....there was talk about players from AZ, FL, CA, etc leaving the program being so far away from family and friends....I was giving Anderson credit for still being a Bison even though his home is 4000 miles away

If a player is willing to come to North Dakota to play D2 football in Valley City, he will certainly be willing to play for the top D1 school in the nation. But yes I get your point now. I just don't look at a guy like Anderson the same way as some of the other warm weather players.

daHERDfollower
07-31-2015, 07:13 AM
If a player is willing to come to North Dakota to play D2 football in Valley City, he will certainly be willing to play for the top D1 school in the nation. But yes I get your point now. I just don't look at a guy like Anderson the same way as some of the other warm weather players.

And I understand your point too:)...thanks! Go Bison!

ByeSonBusiness
07-31-2015, 07:18 AM

How is it different? I don't think Valley City people have a different culture than Fargo does.

Why would you look at him differently? He is even further from home than they are. Also, not to nitpick, but VCSU is NAIA I think.

Bison_Pride
07-31-2015, 07:55 AM
According to his twitter Molick Scott also transferred to Lenoir Rhyne. A successful DII school near his hometown. Seemed like a great guy who was very proud to be a Bison, but just saw the writing on the wall with being buried on the depth chart behind great talent.

Gobison.com has him on the roster, but that must be wrong.

Ex Pat
07-31-2015, 12:08 PM
The season needs to start, people are getting super rammy in this place.

HerdBot
07-31-2015, 11:26 PM
According to his twitter Molick Scott also transferred to Lenoir Rhyne. A successful DII school near his hometown. Seemed like a great guy who was very proud to be a Bison, but just saw the writing on the wall with being buried on the depth chart behind great talent.

Gobison.com has him on the roster, but that must be wrong.

Yep another example. Late signings from a a long distance rarely if ever work out unless they are so good they see the field right away. One of these years the coaches will figure that one out. Heck last year we lost Brandon Hines. If I had to predict, last year should be pretty good since most of our guys committed in December. But my next prediction. . If our transfer Dback McCoy doesn't play right away. . He will be gone . If he plays he will remain. Just how it it works. Hope I'm wrong

Tony Almeida
08-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Yep another example. Late signings from a a long distance rarely if ever work out unless they are so good they see the field right away. One of these years the coaches will figure that one out. Heck last year we lost Brandon Hines. If I had to predict, last year should be pretty good since most of our guys committed in December. But my next prediction. . If our transfer Dback McCoy doesn't play right away. . He will be gone . If he plays he will remain. Just how it it works. Hope I'm wrong

Who is this McCoy again?

Portlandbison
08-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Who is this McCoy again?

Quinten McCoy, defensive back from Santa Rosa JC who signed in early June.

Tony Almeida
08-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Quinten McCoy, defensive back from Santa Rosa JC who signed in early June.

Thanks for the reply. He looks good, I think he's going to get some serious playing time!