PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Bismarck Tribune

No_Skill
10-15-2006, 02:35 PM
A few weeks ago I wrote a letter to the editor of the Bismarck Tribune complaining about the terrible coverage of NDSU in the paper. I got a response semi-appoligizing and stating that they would try to give fair coverage to NDSU.

In todays Bismarck Tribune:

Front page article on the Sports Page (with color picture) which rolls over to page 5D. The article is about the same size as the one covering the UND loss (did you notice UND lost to Nebrask-Omaha).

Good Job Tribune.

P.S. it's still funny how much the Tribune loves UND...today's headline "Dressler shines, but UND falls to Omaha". Trying to spin the loss a positive way, funny. ::)

4mcruenomore
10-15-2006, 02:56 PM
I haven't grabbed the paper yet today, but they had to do better than channel 7 news lastnight. Huge UND story, 4 highlights, etc...one little clip on NDSU, and just a mention of a score for U of Mary.

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
NDSU needs to get better media coverage in the state to become a true regional and national power. Come on, UND loses to UNO getting more ink than a top 10 1-AA school winning big at home on homecoming? All the media outlets in the state need to step up to the plate here and give NDSU the press it deserves and has earned.

semobison
10-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Dressler is a Bismarck High grad, the Tribune follows local athletes who are doing well elsewhere very closly. Last year they had an article on Eslinger damn near every week. Its a local paper and locals are interested in these kids. I dont have a problem with that. Living in Bismarck I have been hearing more NDSU talk as of late. It helps to be 6-0!