PDA

View Full Version : scheels arena 2014 & 2015

El_Chapo
05-14-2014, 04:14 PM
It's a done deal, they better serve beer and not in that back bar either. In the seats with Sexy beer ladies handing it out.

What's the capacity there? Seems like it would be full every game?

acf2
05-14-2014, 04:29 PM
should be fun!

imabison
05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
It's a done deal, they better serve beer and not in that back bar either. In the seats with Sexy beer ladies handing it out.

What's the capacity there? Seems like it would be full every game?

According to this announcement in the forum 5000
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/434756/group/homepage/

No word on beer sales, and just my opinion its not important. I can stop somewhere before for
a brew or after.

HerdBot
05-14-2014, 05:44 PM
According to this announcement in the forum 5000
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/434756/group/homepage/

No word on beer sales, and just my opinion its not important. I can stop somewhere before for
a brew or after.

Tailgating for basketball would be a neat tradition. Less people but similar setup. Even if a handful of busses / RVs show up it would be fun. If they sell beer at the games I'll be pissed if they don't at the BSA

Bison03
05-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Finally. Glad they can just announce this and we can stop worrying about cracks in the floor there. Tailgating a basketball game? Not going to happen. Yes, Bison fans have tailgated in the cold in December but January/February is a whole other animal. That, and they would never allow it. The west lot gets permission, Scheels Arena won't pay security to be out there so 10 people can frink a beer before the game. If they sell beer will be interesting to see what they decide. Part of me thinks they should since it is not on campus. The other part of me thinks that will open up a can of worms for allowing it on campus in the FD or in the new arena. Doubt NDSU wants to deal with that. Who cares if you can't drink in the lot or at the game. Come to cheer Bison bball. That should be enough.

BlueBisonRock
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
... won't pay security to be out there so 10 people can frink a beer...

Is that like twerking?

SamsRams
05-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Was it ever in doubt. The concern is where the heck are they gonna practice???

CAS4127
05-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Benson Bunker Fieldhouse??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison03
05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Was it ever in doubt. The concern is where the heck are they gonna practice???

GT has said probably the Fieldhouse and the Wellness center; but I also thought I heard him say other options might happen as well. Possibly Fargo North?

SamsRams
05-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Benson Bunker Fieldhouse??!!

Hearing that will be tough to make happen. May have had something lined up near airport but FAA is making it tough to get through redtape.

westnodak93bison
05-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Where are they moving the weight room?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1998braves64
05-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Where are they moving the weight room?

Last I heard they were looking at alien building but might not work due to sensitive equipment in building they are trying to protect.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

westnodak93bison
05-15-2014, 12:33 AM
How about that big conference room upstairs in the dome where they had the showcase in 2012?

WYOBISONMAN
05-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Sell beer.....my only advice....

acf2
05-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Do you guys think playing the next two years at Scheels will impact short term recruiting?

imabison
05-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you guys think playing the next two years at Scheels will impact short term recruiting?

Absolutely not. If a recruit lets that effect his decision to come to NDSU then he does not belong at NDSU.

Hammersmith
05-16-2014, 10:34 PM

Playing at the Scheels? No. Can't believe it would. Having the athletic department spread all over north Fargo in makeshift facilities? I could see that having a small effect.

ndsubison1
05-17-2014, 01:11 AM

at least we are finally in the phase of building a new facility. better than the alternative

SamsRams
05-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Playing at the Scheels? No. Can't believe it would. Having the athletic department spread all over north Fargo in makeshift facilities? I could see that having a small effect.

Not very fun to play on the complete opposite side of town as campus. Student attendance will be way down.

ndsubison1
05-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Not very fun to play on the complete opposite side of town as campus. Student attendance will be way down.

probably. i think they will have free shuttles at least though

HoopsBison
05-17-2014, 01:39 AM

Student attendance will take a big hit, me thinks. Should be able to get south siders though.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
05-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Finally. Glad they can just announce this and we can stop worrying about cracks in the floor there. Tailgating a basketball game? Not going to happen. Yes, Bison fans have tailgated in the cold in December but January/February is a whole other animal. That, and they would never allow it. The west lot gets permission, Scheels Arena won't pay security to be out there so 10 people can frink a beer before the game. If they sell beer will be interesting to see what they decide. Part of me thinks they should since it is not on campus. The other part of me thinks that will open up a can of worms for allowing it on campus in the FD or in the new arena. Doubt NDSU wants to deal with that. Who cares if you can't drink in the lot or at the game. Come to cheer Bison bball. That should be enough.

I think ndsu / teammakers pays for security at the dome so it it would be the same at Scheels arena. Besides most people would be in a camper or tent anyways just like a playoff game. I'm telling ya Bison fans would show up as crazy as it sounds. (And it does sound crazy) Maybe not for middle of the week game's but weekends could work. Hell yeah. There has to be a first for everything. People thought the strobe light app was weird too. Gotta try

BisonNation11
05-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Student attendance will take a big hit, me thinks. Should be able to get south siders though.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

This will be the straw that breaks the camels back so I can finally get season tickets. We live straight west of the Scheels Arena just a few miles, so it's an easy trip for us. Will definitely be taking in the next two seasons and future years after that thanks to this move. God bless you GT and NDSU for making this happen!

aces1180
06-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Per Kolpack, no alcohol at Scheels Arena for BB games.

El_Chapo
06-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Per Kolpack, no alcohol at Scheels Arena for BB games.

I hope hes wrong because this is grade a BULL! its off campus, WAY off campus.

tony
06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
probably. i think they will have free shuttles at least though

Free shuttles for sure. Really need a monorail.

aces1180
06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
I hope hes wrong because this is grade a BULL! its off campus, WAY off campus.

He mentioned on Twitter that it follows university policy.

Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER (https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER) 10m (https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/481817940895887360)
Scheels Arena will not be selling alcohol during Bison bb games next year; NDSU could but staying consistent with university policy.

ndsubison1
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
why cant they just experiment for a season?

Bisonville GasMan
06-25-2014, 03:41 PM

^^^^^This is a good idea^^^^^

HerdBot
06-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Because if they open the taps, everyone will expect it at the shac and dome. That's why I suggested a small tailgating setup. That would be consistent. Who knows a cool tradition could start. Maybe a few tents and RVs. Over time it will grow. With less students the crowd could be stale. People expect beer in the building

Bison03
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Really?! Having beer at Bison basketball games is that big of deal? Really?!! Would I like it if they sold alcohol during those games? Sure. But I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch because of it. If you want to sit around and watch some sports and get drunk; then sit in your mom's basement with a case of Busch Light and watch some VHS reruns of yourself playing high school football. If you want to go and watch and cheer on Bison basketball, then come to Scheels Arena, have a some popcorn and a Pepsi, and be a real fan. A loud home court advantage isn't the direct result of having a beer at the game. Just ask UN_ football fans at the Alerus. Fans can be just as loud and crazy without a beer.

ndsubison1
06-25-2014, 06:54 PM
why can i go to a force game and watch 16-17 year old hockey players and have a beer? but not 18-22 year olds for ndsu?

El_Chapo
06-25-2014, 07:20 PM
no, ndsu should have beer at an off campus location, its 2014 this aint footloose.

StL Bison Fan
06-25-2014, 07:23 PM
no, ndsu should have beer at an off campus location, its 2014 this aint footloose.

No dancing either?

imabison
06-25-2014, 07:43 PM
why can i go to a force game and watch 16-17 year old hockey players and have a beer? but not 18-22 year olds for ndsu?

Because the Force are NOT an NDSU affiliated program, and NDSU does not allow alcohol at any of its athletic events.

56BISON73
06-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Because weve seen what happens when you and alcohol meet.:biggrin:

westnodak93bison
06-26-2014, 12:48 AM
yeah, fun. I've seen it first hand.

BlueBisonRock
06-26-2014, 03:16 AM
yeah, fun. I've seen it first hand.

I have pictures..... ;)

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Because the Force are NOT an NDSU affiliated program, and NDSU does not allow alcohol at any of its athletic events.

thanks. i already knew that. just pointing out the ridiculousness

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 04:08 AM

touche PL. touche :blush:

MNLonghorn10
06-26-2014, 04:36 AM
i wont forget one of mings prouder moments during the first year of the FC. i was impressed that he was able to guide us to his apartment.

gotts
06-26-2014, 04:38 AM
i wont forget one of mings prouder moments during the first year of the FC. i was impressed that he was able to guide us to his apartment.

screw ming, I want to hang out with Michael C Hall

344Johnson
06-26-2014, 03:00 PM

They should at least experiment.... Potentially throwing easy money away

StL Bison Fan
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Experiment in ND? Hah!

imabison
06-26-2014, 03:40 PM

Actually the Scheels Arena should be the most disappointed, they would make most of the revenue from
beer sales.

El_Chapo
06-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Yes scheels arena brass were backing on beer sales for extra revenue this is a slap in the face. Summit championship there's beer no one cares at UW GB they play off campus with beer. This is short sightedness what are they afraid of public backlash? Then you just come out with a statement saying "und has beer, therefore we were told ndsu could as well" done deal.

stevdock
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes scheels arena brass were backing on beer sales for extra revenue this is a slap in the face. Summit championship there's beer no one cares at UW GB they play off campus with beer. This is short sightedness what are they afraid of public backlash? Then you just come out with a statement saying "und has beer, therefore we were told ndsu could as well" done deal.

So NDSU is going to do something because UND does it now?? When has that ever been a good idea??

imabison
06-26-2014, 04:36 PM

Scheels Arena brass should not consider this a slap in a the face. They all should be well aware of the NDSU policy, and at best could have hoped for an exception.
And I am sure that this is not the only non alcohol event that has been held there.

1998braves64
06-26-2014, 04:42 PM

Guess it will be another 5 years before practice ice will get built now!?

Jeepers its not like we had ability to buy beer at bball games before. Starting to sound as whiny as the anti alcohol crowd.

El_Chapo
06-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Every event outside of HS hockey has had beer there.
whiny? What is this the prohibition era?

HerdBot
06-26-2014, 05:02 PM

Shit in New York they tried to ban large sodas so are you really suprised?

Bison"FANatic"
06-26-2014, 06:17 PM
I think we should just keep it banned. It is worth it just to watch some of you get your mangina's in a bunch. Keeps it entertaining in the offseason. If not having a $10 beer is keeping you from enjoying Bison Athetic events you may want to take a look at your priorities for being there.

344Johnson
06-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I think we should just keep it banned. It is worth it just to watch some of you get your mangina's in a bunch. Keeps it entertaining in the offseason. If not having a $10 beer is keeping you from enjoying Bison Athetic events you may want to take a look at your priorities for being there.

My priorities for sporting events is to have fun. There is literally no sport that is less fun with beer.

Bison03
06-26-2014, 07:08 PM
There is no beer at the dome for football games. Guess those games aren't worth going to either.

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 07:09 PM

part of ndsu is stuck in the 50s

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 07:12 PM

nobody said that though

344Johnson
06-26-2014, 07:19 PM
There is no beer at the dome for football games. Guess those games aren't worth going to either.

Sure would be nice if they did sell it though.

Answer Guy
06-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Shit in New York they tried to ban large sodas so are you really suprised?

That was to try prevent people from getting fat. I thought you'd be on board with that.

Bison"FANatic"
06-26-2014, 07:50 PM
There is literally no sport that is less fun with beer.

There is literally no sport that is less fun when you can eat a fresh Lobster roll. So Dang it I want lobster rolls served at all NDSU events.

Actually for me all sports are less fun with beer. One beer gives me a headache so I am going to scream for Whiskey to be served as that is what I like. Oh wait that one or two drinks during a game has literally no change in how much I enjoy the game so I am not going to worry about it. I can go have a drink afterwards with friends if I have to. I could even go have apps and drink before hand if I "needed" that drink.

344Johnson
06-26-2014, 08:36 PM
There is literally no sport that is less fun when you can eat a fresh Lobster roll. So Dang it I want lobster rolls served at all NDSU events.

Actually for me all sports are less fun with beer. One beer gives me a headache so I am going to scream for Whiskey to be served as that is what I like. Oh wait that one or two drinks during a game has literally no change in how much I enjoy the game so I am not going to worry about it. I can go have a drink afterwards with friends if I have to. I could even go have apps and drink before hand if I "needed" that drink.

Lobster rolls are not a part of sports culture. Now if you want to have yourself a mixed drink at a game id be fine with that too.

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 09:31 PM
red lobster biscuits?

ZHerd
06-27-2014, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=ndsubison1 red lobster biscuits?

Best idea here by far

unbison
06-27-2014, 01:31 AM

Yes when you constantly complain about the same thing it's whiney!

El_Chapo
06-27-2014, 02:58 AM
Wait there may be no beer inside game , but what about the bar in the lobby? During US juniors it was open (no beer allowed) drank in there and they had 2 big screens so you didn't miss any action and no beer left that room. Is that gonna be open at least?

Bulldog tap should have shuttles too

NDSUFan_Sav
06-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Wait there may be no beer inside game , but what about the bar in the lobby? During US juniors it was open (no beer allowed) drank in there and they had 2 big screens so you didn't miss any action and no beer left that room. Is that gonna be open at least?

Yeah I think that bar should and probably will be open.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
06-27-2014, 03:26 AM
If they had beer at the games and like every other arena I've been to that serves beer noting bad happens...the anti-alcohol group at NDSU will have nothing left in their arsenal to support their misguided views of the world.

HerdBot
06-27-2014, 03:48 AM
If they had beer at the games and like every other arena I've been to that serves beer noting bad happens...the anti-alcohol group at NDSU will have nothing left in their arsenal to support their misguided views of the world.

Who is this anti alcohol group that everyone speaks of? A few douche bag Puritans and obnoxious soccer mom's who give their kids medals just for showing up?

tony
06-27-2014, 01:32 PM
red lobster biscuits?

How about unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks?

aces1180
06-27-2014, 02:05 PM

Ohhhhh....Tatanka is going to be angry!

56BISON73
06-27-2014, 02:19 PM

According to a UN_ fan one would need to lose his pants to go there.

Tatanka
06-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Ohhhhh....Tatanka is going to be angry!

These, plus the toasted ravioli (which is borderline) are pretty much the only food worth eating in that place.

MNLonghorn10
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
I've been to og 4 times in my life...chicken Alfredo..Can't mess that up

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tatanka
06-27-2014, 05:14 PM

They can and have. Overmicrowaved the sauce.

StL Bison Fan
06-27-2014, 05:34 PM

Last time I ate there, got a lump of the dry mix used to make the Alfredo sauce. By last time, I mean last time.

MNLonghorn10
06-27-2014, 06:46 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1215.gif

El_Chapo
06-27-2014, 06:51 PM

^^^ can someone find out an answer for this? thanks.

344Johnson
06-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Roommate works there. The stories I've been told.....I would rather never go there again.

56BISON73
06-27-2014, 07:39 PM

Why dont you make the call? You seem to find plenty of time to post.

StL Bison Fan
06-27-2014, 07:48 PM

What!! You aren't on the inside track over there?

MNLonghorn10
06-27-2014, 08:13 PM
What!! You aren't on the inside track over there?

having an IN with NDSU and at the Scheels Arena are totally different.

Bison03
06-27-2014, 08:43 PM
I doubt they have decided if there will be alcohol allowed in the bar during games. Is the bar open for high school games? Squirt tournament games?

El_Chapo
06-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Got an "in" with John Kram and Ratti I'll report back to you oh master PL

westnodak93bison
06-28-2014, 04:06 AM
Isn't that Olive Garden?

El_Chapo
06-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Kram tells me
Let there be beer!!!.....in the scheels arena bar. Unbison slick and the crew will have season tickets to it. They'll gladly take our money and ndsu wont. Smdh

Bison"FANatic"
06-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Imagine that????? The newspaper has a big article on this today stating there will not be alcohol. But how oh how could el chapo be wrong........... Oh ya throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks , I remember this crap from some other poster a few years ago.

El_Chapo
06-29-2014, 01:57 PM
How am I wrong? I wanted beer in the bar there if ndsu wont allow it. I just Don't get how ndsu refuses the beer revenue.

westnodak93bison
06-29-2014, 02:45 PM
How am I wrong? I wanted beer in the bar there if ndsu wont allow it. I just Don't get how ndsu refuses the beer revenue.

Especially after the much ballyhoo over tailgating. I remember people predicting major chaos if alcohol was allowed at tailgating. I don't remember any trouble. So the cops have to come in and show a presence. Big deal. The only thing I've seen is a few wasted college kids which is always going happen. What I don't understand is why not try it and if there is a problem then no more.

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-stands-firm-policy-abstaining-selling-alcohol-during-sporting-events

HerdBot
06-29-2014, 03:41 PM

Everything isn't about revenue. I still say have a small tailgate setup to be consistent with the football games policy. That would satisfy everyone

56BISON73
06-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Scheels will have Shooters Grill & Bar open during Bison games, a full service establishment that serves beer, wine and liquor located off the upper concourse on the northwest corner of the building. But fans will not be allowed to bring alcohol from it into the arena. Moreover, the bar only has space for 60 to 75 people, said Scheels Arena general manager Jon Kram.

unbison
06-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Scheels will have Shooters Grill & Bar open during Bison games, a full service establishment that serves beer, wine and liquor located off the upper concourse on the northwest corner of the building. But fans will not be allowed to bring alcohol from it into the arena. Moreover, the bar only has space for 60 to 75 people, said Scheels Arena general manager Jon Kram.

So you and chap got the same down low

56BISON73
06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
So you and chap got the same down low

Yeah got it from the article too.:rofl:

344Johnson
06-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Everything isn't about revenue. I still say have a small tailgate setup to be consistent with the football games policy. That would satisfy everyone

Then no one better complain about a lack of money at ndsu if we are not even selling beer.

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Then no one better complain about a lack of money at ndsu if we are not even selling beer.

The money's not even THAT great. Much of the profits go to the dome/scheels arena. Shit the Gophers lost money on it and they own the stadium unlike us.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22825672/university-minnesota-stadium-alcohol-sales-lost-money-school
It's not enough to make a significant difference and the crap that goes with it is a negative

El_Chapo
06-30-2014, 01:47 AM
$8 glass distributor/venue gets $5 ndsu gets $3.

5000 beers/game x $3 = $15,000 basketball
10000 beers/games x $3 = $30,000 football

Season totals: 15 games = $225,000
Season totals: 8 games = $240,00

just shy of a Half Million/year.

Not to mention BudWeiser or Miller paying for sponsored vendor

Gophers are idiots they paid way too much for the product upfront + security issues + lines were backed up way too much

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 02:01 AM
$8 glass distributor/venue gets $5 ndsu gets $3.

5000 beers/game x $3 = $15,000 basketball
10000 beers/games x $3 = $30,000 football

Season totals: 15 games = $225,000
Season totals: 8 games = $240,00

just shy of a Half Million/year.

Not to mention BudWeiser or Miller paying for sponsored vendor

Gophers are idiots they paid way too much for the product upfront + security issues + lines were backed up way too much

10000 glasses is a bit optimistic (5k for basketball is beyond exaggerated) and your not figuring cost of goods and othet expenses and drops in sales for soda and water. Playoffs are not allowed beer so you have to calculate 6 home games The Gophers had they not had one time costs would have only had a net profit of 15k according to the article and it 2 as 7.50 for a beer. Not to mention the Gophers have larger crowds.
The Gophers may be idiots but those are real numbers
Even if your projections are accurate, 2 to 300k wouldn't impact the athletic department much. It's really chump change in the grand scheme of things

IBleedYellow
06-30-2014, 02:48 AM
If you want to drink and watch the games, go to a bar and enjoy.

I'll be in the arena enjoying the game, thanks.

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 02:54 AM
If you want to drink and watch the games, go to a bar and enjoy.

I'll be in the arena enjoying the game, thanks.

I'm usually drunk watching the game but the great part is I'm always sober when I leave the dome. Heck sometimes I drink so much tailgating I can feel it in the 4th quarter! :rofl: I would rarely if ever buy a beer at the game

IBleedYellow
06-30-2014, 02:54 AM
I'm usually drunk watching the game but the great part is I'm always sober when I leave the dome. Heck sometimes I drink so much tailgating I can feel it in the 4th quarter! :rofl: I would rarely if ever buy a beer at the game

Agreed, but still.

El_Chapo
06-30-2014, 03:54 AM
El chapos number are based on moderation drinking. Sure some will chase the worm (izzy Sd bison slick) but if there's 4000 basketball fans in attendance 2000 will have 2-3 beers.
football half would have 1-2 beers
At football with 20000 people

344Johnson
06-30-2014, 03:55 AM
10000 glasses is a bit optimistic (5k for basketball is beyond exaggerated) and your not figuring cost of goods and othet expenses and drops in sales for soda and water. Playoffs are not allowed beer so you have to calculate 6 home games The Gophers had they not had one time costs would have only had a net profit of 15k according to the article and it 2 as 7.50 for a beer. Not to mention the Gophers have larger crowds.
The Gophers may be idiots but those are real numbers
Even if your projections are accurate, 2 to 300k wouldn't impact the athletic department much. It's really chump change in the grand scheme of things

Say they made 2 or 300K..... Not that they would. That's a lot of money

El_Chapo
06-30-2014, 11:57 AM
About 8 full rides

Bison"FANatic"
06-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Say they made 2 or 300K..... Not that they would. That's a lot of money

Only about 1.7% of our 15 million plus athletic budget. (That is assuming you would sell 15000 beers at a basketball game which right now is not going to happen.)

Then add in the cost for extra security and I would guess there has to be increase in insurance and a decrease in money from other concessions and it just is not the lottery windfall that some project it to be.

(why don't have a pot lounge and charge double for candy)

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Only about 1.7% of our 15 million plus athletic budget. (That is assuming you would sell 15000 beers at a basketball game which right now is not going to happen.)

Then add in the cost for extra security and I would guess there has to be increase in insurance and a decrease in money from other concessions and it just is not the lottery windfall that some project it to be.

(why don't have a pot lounge and charge double for candy)

Last year's athletic budget was 18.7 million so I think it's less than 1 percent

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 02:19 PM
About 8 full rides

I think we're fully funded for scholarships anyway. Were not so desparate and pathetic we don't need a booze for student athlete fund. Before you know it the students will deliver booze to your house in a golf cart

El_Chapo
06-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Wday talking this now of course first 3 callers are who fans saying we drink at every sporting event up here what's the problem.

HerdBot
06-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Wday talking this now of course first 3 callers are who fans saying we drink at every sporting event up here what's the problem.

First 4 callers. .. Lakes, El Chapo, CC, and Scott Broscious. Sorry for the cheap shot :)

El_Chapo
07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Usa today West Virginia implemented beer sales at football games in 2011, generating upward of $500,000 in new revenue while seeing fewer incidents of rowdy fan behavior related to binge-drinking outside the stadium. Minnesota sold beer and wine at TCF Bank Stadium as part of a two-year pilot program beginning in 2012 and reported a $181,678 profit last season.

HerdBot
07-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Usa today West Virginia implemented beer sales at football games in 2011, generating upward of $500,000 in new revenue while seeing fewer incidents of rowdy fan behavior related to binge-drinking outside the stadium. Minnesota sold beer and wine at TCF Bank Stadium as part of a two-year pilot program beginning in 2012 and reported a $181,678 profit last season.

At least the Gophers figured out a way to make money but let's face it 187k isn't exactly a huge profit and their attendance is nearly triple NDSU's

westnodak93bison
07-06-2014, 03:13 AM
At least the Gophers figured out a way to make money but let's face it 187k isn't exactly a huge profit and their attendance is nearly triple NDSU's
Yeah but we drink more

56BISON73
07-06-2014, 03:37 AM

Plus thats for 7 games. So NDSU may profit approx 52 grand for the year.

El_Chapo
07-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Yea I'd take the over on that dude

344Johnson
07-06-2014, 02:44 PM

52 grand is a lot of money.

HerdBot
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM

I think even less. We consume most of our beer before the game starts. Once the game starts I'm more interested in the game and soboring up than standing in line for 30 minutes to buy an 8 dollar beer that will ultimately have me spending another 10 minutes in line to take a piss.

And like you said the ncaa doesn't allow beer sales for playoff games so we only get 6. At the end of the day it's about the same as the 50/50 raffle

NDSUstudent
07-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Beer to me would be a bigger deal for hoops than football. Tailgating obviously doesn't work with basketball, so having a beer or two during the game is kind of a nice option to have. I would have liked to see NDSU try it out. Scheels would have had the infrastructure in place to test it out but since there is no way we would have it at the SHAC I can kind of see why they passed on it.

344Johnson
07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Beer to me would be a bigger deal for hoops than football. Tailgating obviously doesn't work with basketball, so having a beer or two during the game is kind of a nice option to have. I would have liked to see NDSU try it out. Scheels would have had the infrastructure in place to test it out but since there is no way we would have it at the SHAC I can kind of see why they passed on it.

No reason we couldn't have it at the SHAC and the dome. If NDSU allows beer and other alcohol in the tailgate lots.. Then they allow alcohol on campus.... Which to me throw the whole "well we are a dry campus" thing out the window.

I have fun regardless but money is money.

ndsubison1
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
didnt notice anything out of the ordinary at the UNO games last two years. ppl using the "drunk" and "rowdiness" excuses are pretty weak. but it is what it is

HerdBot
07-06-2014, 09:47 PM
didnt notice anything out of the ordinary at the UNO games last two years. ppl using the "drunk" and "rowdiness" excuses are pretty weak. but it is what it is

I don't think anyone is worried about that. In fact most of us prefer rowdy. If this was a million dollar deal I would support it. It's not. I also think it's a good thing we don't have 10k drunk drivers on the road either. Everyone is so sober after the game but got to enjoy drinks before the game The juice ain't worth the squeeze

56BISON73
07-06-2014, 10:13 PM
I don't think anyone is worried about that. In fact most of us prefer rowdy. If this was a million dollar deal I would support it. It's not. I also think it's a good thing we don't have 10k drunk drivers on the road either. Everyone is so sober after the game but got to enjoy drinks before the game The juice ain't worth the squeeze

Agree completely. We have a couple of boozers in our row at the dome. They are constantly getting up to take a piss. You can almost here the groan---of here we go again. Cant imagine what it would be like if they sold at the game.

HerdBot
07-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Agree completely. We have a couple of boozers in our row at the dome. They are constantly getting up to take a piss. You can almost here the groan---of here we go again. Cant imagine what it would be like if they sold at the game.

I got so sick of waiting in line for 30 minutes to piss I bought a camper! (Although its gotten better in recent years) Funny memory from Sioux Falls a few years ago looking at the line to the men's bathroom wrap around the corner while the ladies room was completely empty! ! If the dome needs anything its more men's toilets

StL Bison Fan
07-07-2014, 01:19 AM

Nothing like puking or spilling stuff

ndsubison1
07-07-2014, 06:12 AM

thats the main issue ive been reading/hearing. just look at President B's comments

HerdBot
07-07-2014, 01:35 PM
thats the main issue ive been reading/hearing. just look at President B's comments

Haven't seen his comments. What did he say?

El_Chapo
07-08-2014, 02:07 AM
Table reserved in the scheels bar for season. Can't wait!

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Table reserved in the scheels bar for season. Can't wait!

True fan right there. Who cares about the team and cheering. Gotta hang in the bar and look important. Image is everything--assuming LHorn will be right there with you ... given he is such a loyal and dedicated NDSU fan /effing purple!!

unbison
07-08-2014, 02:48 AM
True fan right there. Who cares about the team and cheering. Gotta hang in the bar and look important. Image is everything--assuming LHorn will be right there with you ... given he is such a loyal and dedicated NDSU fan /effing purple!!

you were at the ncaa tourna....oooo no that wasnt you....you were at the summit lea....oooo not you again......making fun of someones fanhood of basketball at ndsu may not be in your wheelhouse cas

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Not making fun, stating facts--it's not about the team with you guys.

unbison
07-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Not making fun, stating facts--it's not about the team with you guys.

gonna lump me in that statement ............good one .........i attend events to cheer for the bison........ i am not the center of the party nor do i ever try to be.......your generalizations are inadmissible

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 03:05 AM
gonna lump me in that statement ............good one .........i attend events to cheer for the bison........ i am not the center of the party nor do i ever try to be.......your generalizations are inadmissible

Yes, based upon the neg rep comments your lard ass has been giving me for posts with comments about LHorn and Chapo ... yep, I think it's more than accurate to include you in. You see, you can't his behind comments you aren't willing to make publicly. Plus, I she hear for others about content of pm's and beg reps that suggest strongly that you are in fact included in the asshat group mentioned.

unbison
07-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Yes, based upon the neg rep comments your lard ass has been giving me for posts with comments about LHorn and Chapo ... yep, I think it's more than accurate to include you in. You see, you can't his behind comments you aren't willing to make publicly. Plus, I she hear for others about content of pm's and beg reps that suggest strongly that you are in fact included in the asshat group mentioned.

I called you a dbag didn't know it had to be public but you just proved me to be correct in my previous statement. ... cas got new repped :( I believe that is what the function is 4... you wanna do public name calling have fun you will just further your rep as a dbag

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 03:15 AM
I called you a dbag didn't know it had to be public but you just proved me to be correct in my previous statement. ... cas got new repped :( I believe that is what the function is 4... you wanna do public name calling have fun you will just further your rep as a dbag

I see. Your're an ass but try to portray yourself differently by only being an ass behind the scene. Y?! Lack of self-confidence?!

Maybe it's called cowardass ... yep that's it.

unbison
07-08-2014, 03:35 AM
I see. Your're an ass but try to portray yourself differently by only being an ass behind the scene. Y?! Lack of self-confidence?!

Maybe it's called cowardass ... yep that's it.

Love it.... that's it you so smrt

HerdBot
07-08-2014, 03:44 AM
Holy fuckin shit people are crabby.

Jay
07-08-2014, 02:12 PM
E. L. E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXJe9i70DE

El_Chapo
07-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Cas Cas Cas. cmon dude. I am 1 of the biggest ndsu basketball fans around after Bartley & Unbison...ok Road too. I have watched NDSU basketball play at Spokane, Milwaukee, Minneapolis 3 times, Sioux Falls 6 years in a row, Tulsa, Brookings. Theres zero reason to question this , oh Unbison been to most of those too. We've sat in the BSA on a crappy wooden bench for 20+ years now for garbage games vs mayville, jamestown, I think we have the right to enjoy a beer in scheels BEFORE the games this fall/winter.

MNLonghorn10
07-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I was a bison buddy back in the early 90s...I wonder where my white basketball is. Thing was sweet

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Cas Cas Cas. cmon dude. I am 1 of the biggest ndsu basketball fans around after Bartley & Unbison...ok Road too. I have watched NDSU basketball play at Spokane, Milwaukee, Minneapolis 3 times, Sioux Falls 6 years in a row, Tulsa, Brookings. Theres zero reason to question this , oh Unbison been to most of those too. We've sat in the BSA on a crappy wooden bench for 20+ years now for garbage games vs mayville, jamestown, I think we have the right to enjoy a beer in scheels BEFORE the games this fall/winter.

I read your post (based upon content of some of your other posts) to mean that you would be watching the games on TV monitor fromt the bar. I'll recant what I said if in fact you only meant pre-game at the bar.

imabison
07-08-2014, 04:34 PM

You just crossed the line with the statement that "we have the right to enjoy a been in scheels BEFORE the games..."
Its is not your RIGHT to enjoy a beer is it a privilege given the fact that you are of legal drinking age to enjoy a beer BEFORE the game however that privilege does not give you the RIGHT
to have it "in Scheels arena other than in the designated area.

I see about 7 or 8 establishments within a couple miles of the Scheels Arena you need to enjoy your privilege to go to one of those and enjoy your beer.

HerdBot
07-08-2014, 05:08 PM
You just crossed the line with the statement that "we have the right to enjoy a been in scheels BEFORE the games..."
Its is not your RIGHT to enjoy a beer is it a privilege given the fact that you are of legal drinking age to enjoy a beer BEFORE the game however that privilege does not give you the RIGHT
to have it "in Scheels arena other than in the designated area.

I see about 7 or 8 establishments within a couple miles of the Scheels Arena you need to enjoy your privilege to go to one of those and enjoy your beer.

See amendment 28

The Amendments

The first ten amendments to the Constitution were all adopted at the same time and are collectively known as the Bill of Rights.

The 1st Amendment protects the people's right to practice religion, to speak freely, to assemble (meet), to address (petition) the government, and of the press to publish.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right to own guns. There is debate whether this is a right that protects the state, or a right that protects individuals.

The 3rd Amendment guarantees that the army cannot force homeowners to give them room and board.

The 4th Amendment protects the people from the government improperly taking property, papers, or people, without a valid warrant based on probable cause (good reason).

The 5th Amendment protects people from being held for committing a crime unless they are properly indicted, that they may not be tried twice for the same crime, that you need not be forced to testify against yourself, and from property being taken without just compensation. It also contains due process guarantees.

The 6th Amendment guarantees a speedy trial, an impartial jury, that the accused can confront witnesses against them, and that the accused must be allowed to have a lawyer.

The 7th Amendment guarantees a jury trial in federal civil court cases. This type of case is normally no longer heard in federal court.

The 8th Amendment guarantees that punishments will be fair, and not cruel, and that extraordinarily large fines will not be set.

The 9th Amendment is simply a statement that other rights aside from those listed may exist, and just because they are not listed doesn't mean they can be violated.

The 10th Amendment is the subject of some debate, but essentially it states that any power not granted to the federal government belongs to the states or to the people. See the Federalism Topic Page for more information.

The 11th Amendment more clearly defines the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court concerning a suit brought against a state by a citizen of another state.

The 12th Amendment redefines how the President and Vice-President are chosen by the Electoral College, making the two positions cooperative, rather than first and second highest vote-getters. It also ensures that anyone who becomes Vice-President must be eligible to become President.

The 13th Amendment abolished slavery in the entire United States.

The 14th Amendment ensured that all citizens of all states enjoyed not only rights on the federal level, but on the state level, too. It removed the three-fifths counting of slaves in the census. It ensured that the United States would not pay the debts of rebellious states. It also had several measures designed to ensure the loyalty of legislators who participated on the Confederate side of the Civil War.

The 15th Amendment ensures that race cannot be used as a criteria for voting.

The 16th Amendment authorizes the United States to collect income tax without regard to the population of the states.

The 17th Amendment shifted the choosing of Senators from the state legislatures to the people of the states.

The 18th Amendment abolished the sale or manufacture of alcohol in the United States. This amendment was later repealed (erased).

The 19th Amendment ensures that gender cannot be used as a criteria for voting.

The 20th Amendment set new start dates for the terms of the Congress and the President, and clarifies how the deaths of Presidents before swearing-in would be handled.

The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment.

The 22nd Amendment set a limit on the number of times a President could be elected - two four-year terms. It has one exception for a Vice-President who assumes the Presidency after the death or removal of the President, establishing the maximum term of any President to 10 years.

The 23rd Amendment grants the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) the right to three electors in Presidential elections.

The 24th Amendment ensured that no tax could be charged to vote for any federal office.

The 25th Amendment clarifies even further the line of succession to the Presidency, and establishes rules for a President who becomes unable to perform his duties while in office.

The 26th Amendment ensures that any person 18 or over may vote.

The 27th Amendment requires that any law that increased the pay of legislators may not take effect until after an election.

The 28th Amendment requires that Lakes can consume a beer in Scheels Arena

imabison
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
See amendment 28

The Amendments

The first ten amendments to the Constitution were all adopted at the same time and are collectively known as the Bill of Rights.

The 1st Amendment protects the people's right to practice religion, to speak freely, to assemble (meet), to address (petition) the government, and of the press to publish.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right to own guns. There is debate whether this is a right that protects the state, or a right that protects individuals.

The 3rd Amendment guarantees that the army cannot force homeowners to give them room and board.

The 4th Amendment protects the people from the government improperly taking property, papers, or people, without a valid warrant based on probable cause (good reason).

The 5th Amendment protects people from being held for committing a crime unless they are properly indicted, that they may not be tried twice for the same crime, that you need not be forced to testify against yourself, and from property being taken without just compensation. It also contains due process guarantees.

The 6th Amendment guarantees a speedy trial, an impartial jury, that the accused can confront witnesses against them, and that the accused must be allowed to have a lawyer.

The 7th Amendment guarantees a jury trial in federal civil court cases. This type of case is normally no longer heard in federal court.

The 8th Amendment guarantees that punishments will be fair, and not cruel, and that extraordinarily large fines will not be set.

The 9th Amendment is simply a statement that other rights aside from those listed may exist, and just because they are not listed doesn't mean they can be violated.

The 10th Amendment is the subject of some debate, but essentially it states that any power not granted to the federal government belongs to the states or to the people. See the Federalism Topic Page for more information.

The 11th Amendment more clearly defines the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court concerning a suit brought against a state by a citizen of another state.

The 12th Amendment redefines how the President and Vice-President are chosen by the Electoral College, making the two positions cooperative, rather than first and second highest vote-getters. It also ensures that anyone who becomes Vice-President must be eligible to become President.

The 13th Amendment abolished slavery in the entire United States.

The 14th Amendment ensured that all citizens of all states enjoyed not only rights on the federal level, but on the state level, too. It removed the three-fifths counting of slaves in the census. It ensured that the United States would not pay the debts of rebellious states. It also had several measures designed to ensure the loyalty of legislators who participated on the Confederate side of the Civil War.

The 15th Amendment ensures that race cannot be used as a criteria for voting.

The 16th Amendment authorizes the United States to collect income tax without regard to the population of the states.

The 17th Amendment shifted the choosing of Senators from the state legislatures to the people of the states.

The 18th Amendment abolished the sale or manufacture of alcohol in the United States. This amendment was later repealed (erased).

The 19th Amendment ensures that gender cannot be used as a criteria for voting.

The 20th Amendment set new start dates for the terms of the Congress and the President, and clarifies how the deaths of Presidents before swearing-in would be handled.

The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment.

The 22nd Amendment set a limit on the number of times a President could be elected - two four-year terms. It has one exception for a Vice-President who assumes the Presidency after the death or removal of the President, establishing the maximum term of any President to 10 years.

The 23rd Amendment grants the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) the right to three electors in Presidential elections.

The 24th Amendment ensured that no tax could be charged to vote for any federal office.

The 25th Amendment clarifies even further the line of succession to the Presidency, and establishes rules for a President who becomes unable to perform his duties while in office.

The 26th Amendment ensures that any person 18 or over may vote.

The 27th Amendment requires that any law that increased the pay of legislators may not take effect until after an election.

The 28th Amendment requires that Lakes can consume a beer in Scheels Arena

Did not read them all but did not miss where it says you have the right to consume alcohol?? I guess I thought was a
privilege authorized by the state that determines legal age, I do not think Lakes is legal age to do anything but whine and complain.

CAS4127
07-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Did not read them all but did not miss where it says you have the right to consume alcohol?? I guess I thought was a
privilege authorized by the state that determines legal age, I do not think Lakes is legal age to do anything but whine and complain.

Actually, one does have the right to consume alcohol (as it is not generally prohibited) but that right, like others, can be regulated and or limited by the states (think drinking age differences or Sunday closing laws), provided the regulation/limitation is not too broad to be inviolate of the Constitution.

HerdBot
07-09-2014, 02:47 AM

Read it again #28

NDSUBowler
07-16-2014, 07:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j4V23eq.png

devin45k
07-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Holy fuckin shit people are crabby.

people are crabby and complain about everything during the offseason.

El_Chapo
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM
devin, cant wait to see you at SHOOTERS bar before game 1 dude

VanClubPres
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM
So aside from the riveting conversation of whose fan is longer/thicker and who can/can't hold their alcohol during a game home or otherwise....

Are we going to have to pay for parking for every game? That may mean one less beer or 5-7 dollars saved. You decide.

El_Chapo
07-23-2014, 04:07 AM
Hey scheels arena don't try that $5 BS! Keep it free

ndsubison1
07-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Hey scheels arena don't try that $5 BS! Keep it free

park at family wellness

unbison
07-23-2014, 10:16 AM
El cheapo and company complaining about 5 dollar parking.... can't afford 5 bucks..... now that right there is funny cmon Bobby big wheels

El_Chapo
07-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Just don't want that money going to hockey when I can get 1 more drink

BisonNation11
07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Start at Bulldog Tap, pay the $10, get a ride there and back, and a free drink.

imabison
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
So aside from the riveting conversation of whose fan is longer/thicker and who can/can't hold their alcohol during a game home or otherwise....

Are we going to have to pay for parking for every game? That may mean one less beer or 5-7 dollars saved. You decide.

My supe at work goes to a lot of hockey games, and advises that they park in the Family Wellness and walk which someone suggested also.
My big issue is that they are charging an extra fee because the game is at Scheels as a facility fee per game and they are charging parking also. Yikes

My supes big issue is not with the parking fee, their issue is that parking fee they were told was being charged to be able to finish
the parking lots, which are not finished. If they are going to finish the parking lots then parking should be free...

HerdBot
07-23-2014, 03:28 PM
My supe at work goes to a lot of hockey games, and advises that they park in the Family Wellness and walk which someone suggested also.
My big issue is that they are charging an extra fee because the game is at Scheels as a facility fee per game and they are charging parking also. Yikes

My supes big issue is not with the parking fee, their issue is that parking fee they were told was being charged to be able to finish
the parking lots, which are not finished. If they are going to finish the parking lots then parking should be free...

Family Wellness will tow you if you don't have a member pass in your window

imabison
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM

Supe says that is news to her, they parked there through the last Fargo Force game with no issues. Maybe
that is a new policy???

ndsubison1
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I always park there for Force games. Havent had an issue

Trim
07-25-2014, 07:10 PM

I'm a member there and have never even heard of a member pass for your window.