PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Shepherd Signs With Redskins

SamsRams
05-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Not surprised he is getting a serious look!

Congrats Bryan

CentennialBison
05-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Congratulations to Bryan!

NovaBison
05-11-2014, 12:44 AM
I have lived in the DC area since '95 and have never been a skins fan... I guess I will have to start rooting for them! :)

Congrats Bryan... the Skins are a better team with you!!!!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
05-11-2014, 03:57 AM
Geeze, I was thinking Shep was a junior last year. I was really hoping he was back this year.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Great news and congrats to Bryan. Show your Bison pride and kick butt in the NFL.

North Side
05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Fastest guy on the football team and one of the harder hitters. I say he has a really good chance of making the team.

HerdBoy
05-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Good for him. Bryan had a hell of a senior year.

scottietohottie
05-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Valley news live reported that shepherd was heading west to Washington was he in Europe for something?

DjKyRo
05-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Valley news live reported that shepherd was heading west to Washington was he in Europe for something?

Maybe he took the long way around the planet?

A1pigskin
05-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Congrats to Bryan.

westnodak93bison
05-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Good luck to Bryan!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
05-12-2014, 04:22 AM
Geeze, I was thinking Shep was a junior last year. I was really hoping he was back this year.

Same. Congrats!

GOBISON123
05-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Happy to see Nodak Bison represented in all four corners of the country. Bryan Shep is the has the fastest 40, faster than the Jadaveon Clooney. I am sure he will make it. Do well Bryan.

SamsRams
05-12-2014, 10:47 AM

He played a year at UNO so that is the year we missed out on.

I mentioned him here http://bisonation.info/who-is-going-pro-ndsu-2014-class/

JustinTyem
05-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Bryan Shep #37 38813882

Hammerhead
05-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Maybe they were like the young Colin Cowherd and thought the Washington Redskins played in the state of Washington instead of D.C.

VirginiaBison
05-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Skins sign 4 UDFA (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/62466/redskins-sign-four-cut-jose-gumbs) - Did not see Shepherds name on the UDFA list.

Redskins rookie minicamp roster features 38 tryout players (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/17/redskins-rookie-minicamp-roster-features-38-tryout-players/) - Perry is listed here, but not Shepherd.

JustinTyem
05-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Skins sign 4 UDFA (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/62466/redskins-sign-four-cut-jose-gumbs) - Did not see Shepherds name on the UDFA list.

Redskins rookie minicamp roster features 38 tryout players (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/17/redskins-rookie-minicamp-roster-features-38-tryout-players/) - Perry is listed here, but not Shepherd. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33037-Leevon-headed-to-Washington&p=868965#post868965

VirginiaBison
05-19-2014, 07:08 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/14/redskins-sign-nine-undrafted-rookies/ Here is article with Shephard signed to Redskins as UDFA

yopaulie
05-28-2014, 03:25 AM
I haven't heard anything really since his signing, but for some reason my gut really thinks Shepherd will make the team/practice squad. His speed and tackling really makes me think he may have as good or better chance to make an NFL team than any of the Bison prospects (except Turner of course).

GOBISON123
05-28-2014, 05:44 AM
I haven't heard anything really since his signing, but for some reason my gut really thinks Shepherd will make the team/practice squad. His speed and tackling really makes me think he may have as good or better chance to make an NFL team than any of the Bison prospects (except Turner of course).

I am with you. He has the speed, he just needs a NFL type physique . I think its just a matter of time before he starts flying on all cylinders. Boy needs some time. I think he will make it.

HerdBot
05-28-2014, 08:58 AM

I couldn't have imagined how good Shep would have been had he now lost a year at UNO and would be playing next year He was possibly the fastest guy on the team. Able to play cornerback yet hits like a safety. Between Dudzik, Shep, Marcus, and Andre Martin, we had a secondary that is fast as hell at any level. Blows me away we were able to recruit and develop guys of that Caliber. Every one got/get or will get a shot at the nfl. And that doesn't even include Heagle who is your traditional strong safety who crushes people

A1pigskin
05-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I couldn't have imagined how good Shep would have been had he now lost a year at UNO and would be playing next year He was possibly the fastest guy on the team. Able to play cornerback yet hits like a safety. Between Dudzik, Shep, Marcus, and Andre Martin, we had a secondary that is fast as hell at any level. Blows me away we were able to recruit and develop guys of that Caliber. Every one got/get or will get a shot at the nfl. And that doesn't even include Heagle who is your traditional strong safety who crushes people

Don't forget Heagle played with one arm a few years ago.

westnodak93bison
05-28-2014, 04:57 PM

We should get a high caliber player. We are The North Dakota State University Bison.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HerdBoy
06-03-2014, 03:52 AM
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/OTAs_Day_Four_Gruden_Oversees_Defense_/22e7e8d1-0b40-438b-bf2e-762c9f41c327

DB's doing some drills with Bryan (37) in the mix.

yopaulie
06-14-2014, 08:05 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2063095-report-card-grades-for-washington-redskins-undrafted-free-agent-signings/page/8

Not sure this analysis makes much sense - author have him confused with Marcus?

"Sticking with the special teams theme, the Redskins took a punt on ex-North Dakota State cornerback Bryan Shepherd, who can also return kicks. His college Twitter account declared Shepherd will join the team.

Adding a potential playmaker in the return game is no bad thing for a team that has been weak in that area for too long. It also doesn't hurt that Shepherd could provide depth in a cornerback rotation in need of extra bodies and fresh talent.

Grade: B"

SamsRams
06-14-2014, 08:12 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2063095-report-card-grades-for-washington-redskins-undrafted-free-agent-signings/page/8

Not sure this analysis makes much sense - author have him confused with Marcus?

"Sticking with the special teams theme, the Redskins took a punt on ex-North Dakota State cornerback Bryan Shepherd, who can also return kicks. His college Twitter account declared Shepherd will join the team.

Adding a potential playmaker in the return game is no bad thing for a team that has been weak in that area for too long. It also doesn't hurt that Shepherd could provide depth in a cornerback rotation in need of extra bodies and fresh talent.

Grade: B"

Shep can return kicks for sure, he just never got the chance at NDSU behind Marcus, Dudzik and Smith

GOBISON123
06-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Shep can return kicks for sure, he just never got the chance at NDSU behind Marcus, Dudzik and Smith

he is the fastest cat on the redskins roster and with his physic he can easily contribute as a CB.

El_Chapo
07-29-2014, 05:13 AM
Sweet pic of Shepherd catching a ball at camp yesterday.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/07/25/nfl-roundup-manziel-admits-rookie-mistakes/13194123/

Bryan Shepherd — A 5-10, 180-pound rookie out of North Dakota State, Shepherd would likely be in the mix for a special teams or practice squad job.

citdog
07-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Good article about Shepard's teammate Andre Roberts.

The easy way has no appeal to Andre Roberts. He chose to attend The Citadel and play football.
The Citadel is “The Military College of South Carolina.”
You don’t go there for the parties or the football.
Middle Tennessee State University, which plays major college football, and Coastal Carolina, which, like The Citadel, plays a level below the FBS schools, offered Roberts scholarships.
They came with no military environment attached.
Instead, Roberts chose The Citadel.
“Both my parents were in the military, and I wouldn’t take it back for the world,” Roberts said of attending and graduating from The Citadel.
Roberts wanted a degree, and he got one in accounting.
“Football isn’t forever,” he said. “I understood that.”
He wanted to play pro football, and he earned that opportunity as well.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/redskins-xtra/woody-roberts-found-everything-he-wanted-at-the-citadel/article_4729c8d4-1605-11e4-903d-001a4bcf6878.html

yopaulie
07-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Bummed about Brock. Hopefully Bryan can last it out, and at least get on a practice squad.

http://www.sportsjourney.com/2014/07/redskins-training-camp-day-5-physicality-focus-apparent/

“We’re talented, man.” Crawford said after practice. “[Safety] Bacarri [Rambo] has come a long way with his tackling… I can see it. [Safety] Phillip [Thomas]… Phillip has come a long way. He’s a starter but he’s behind two really good football players so he’s learning how to do it from them too. Even the undrafted dudes… Shep [Bryan Shepherd], Courtney [Bridget, Jr.] has come a long way too. He’s gotten a lot better too. I feel like we’re a really good group.”

"The youngsters (rookies) who have come to this team are going to have a hard time making choices when it’s time to cut down to 53 if they keep up the hustle on display right now. Guys some people might not even heard of… receiver Lee Doss (a college free agent out of Southern University), cornerback Bryan Shepherd (college free agent out of North Dakota State) and tight end Ted Bolser (drafted in the seventh round out of Indiana University) are all making plays and getting hard looks from the coaches."

HerdBoy
08-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Redskins waived RCB Peyton Thompson and added S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith yesterday. I'm not sure how many CB's they will keep on final roster. I think Bryan is doing alright.

http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-chart.html

yopaulie
08-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Not to root against anybody, but really glad to see he has passed by one CB so far...

Redskins waived RCB Peyton Thompson and added S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith yesterday. I'm not sure how many CB's they will keep on final roster. I think Bryan is doing alright.

http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-chart.html

Green1
08-12-2014, 02:44 AM
Watching Shep in on kick coverage and cornerback against the Patriots tonight.

bisonaudit
08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Watching Shep in on kick coverage and cornerback against the Patriots tonight.

The Skins specials were terrible last year so if he can add something there that would be a plus for him.

td577
08-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Bryan Shepherd cut today. It is pretty positive he made it this deep into training camp with as many CBs as Washington had. I have to think his career isn't over quite yet.

SoCalBison
08-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Too bad, but I wish him the best.

SamsRams
08-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Bryan Shepherd cut today. It is pretty positive he made it this deep into training camp with as many CBs as Washington had. I have to think his career isn't over quite yet.

Yeah seems like a lock for their practice squad

A1pigskin
08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Maybe he can still get picked up.

El_Chapo
05-21-2022, 04:08 AM
Holy crap. Shep went from Coaching at Syracuse to DB coach for freakin Montana State?

Shep bleeds green.. https://www.instagram.com/p/xu29beHGaUzeg4-cQaHyxXHD3zfHIN0JXVQwU0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

we should've signed him instead we got a CB coach from.fucking monmouth.

cmon Entz. gotta bring home these Bison coaches

NDSU92
05-21-2022, 11:58 AM
Holy crap. Shep went from Coaching at Syracuse to DB coach for freakin Montana State?

Shep bleeds green.. https://www.instagram.com/p/xu29beHGaUzeg4-cQaHyxXHD3zfHIN0JXVQwU0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

we should've signed him instead we got a CB coach from.fucking monmouth.

cmon Entz. gotta bring home these Bison coaches

Lakes, he went from quality control at Syracuse to a position coach at Montana State. That’s moving up…

mtoutfitter
05-21-2022, 12:43 PM
Lakes, he went from quality control at Syracuse to a position coach at Montana State. That’s moving up…

Doesn't fit his message of all Bison coaches are screw ups that way.

El_Chapo
05-21-2022, 01:07 PM

yea and we just signed a CB coach from Monmouth when Shep bleeds green & gold, coach needs to keep tabs on our former players coaching is all I am saying

NovaBison
05-21-2022, 02:49 PM
yea and we just signed a CB coach from Monmouth when Shep bleeds green & gold, coach needs to keep tabs on our former players coaching is all I am saying

I agree with you... would have been awesome to have BShep back coaching Code Green

bruinbison
05-21-2022, 06:11 PM

How do you know Coach Entz isn’t keeping tabs on former players who are coaching?
Please provide documentation and links.

56BISON73
05-21-2022, 06:49 PM

Dont you think that Entz is in a better position to recognize who is better qualified to coach the position at THIS date and time? Just because one bleeds green and gold doesnt mean he is the better coach.

El_Chapo
05-21-2022, 06:53 PM
Dont you think that Entz is in a better position to recognize who is better qualified to coach the position at THIS date and time? Just because one bleeds green and gold doesnt mean he is the better coach.

I'm saying someone had to know SHEP was looking to be a CB coach in fcs and we took a Monmouth guy b4 talking to Shep.
that's all I'm saying. it's disappointing and now Vigen snapped him up

56BISON73
05-21-2022, 07:31 PM
I'm saying someone had to know SHEP was looking to be a CB coach in fcs and we took a Monmouth guy b4 talking to Shep.

:rolleyes:.................

OrygunBison
05-21-2022, 08:04 PM

You missed his point. You're not in a position to know who's the better coach. You only see Monmouth v NDSU. Quite the simpleton approach.

I have faith in Entz.

I wish the best for Coach Shep, just as I wish it for Coach Vigs. What better statement could be made about the prowess of NDSU football than having one of our main contenders being coached by a bunch of former Bison.

Kevin
05-21-2022, 10:18 PM

bro why do u randomly capitalize people's names/nicknames it creeps me out

TAILG8R
05-21-2022, 10:53 PM
bro why do u randomly capitalize people's names/nicknames it creeps me outBecause he's used to yelling them as they run away from him. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bruinbison
05-21-2022, 10:55 PM

How do you know they “took a Monmouth guy b4 talking to Shep?”

Please provide documentation and links

scottietohottie
05-21-2022, 11:43 PM
bro why do u randomly capitalize people's names/nicknames it creeps me out

Maybe Shep likes dry toast like Brent eh.

56BISON73
05-22-2022, 02:31 AM
Because he's used to yelling them as they run away from him. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Theres a lot of truth to that. :D

El_Chapo
05-22-2022, 05:34 AM
lol you f'ing nerds

IndyBison
05-22-2022, 11:32 AM
Coaching hires are often about relationships. Maybe Shep had a better relationship with Vigen than Entz. So many factors that go into this and alma mater if just one of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
05-22-2022, 12:36 PM
Coaching hires are often about relationships. Maybe Shep had a better relationship with Vigen than Entz. So many factors that go into this and alma mater if just one of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maybe they both just like sheep.

garbageman
05-22-2022, 01:34 PM
You missed his point. You're not in a position to know who's the better coach. You only see Monmouth v NDSU. Quite the simpleton approach.

I have faith in Entz.

I wish the best for Coach Shep, just as I wish it for Coach Vigs. What better statement could be made about the prowess of NDSU football than having one of our main contenders being coached by a bunch of former Bison.

How dare you say el chapo isn’t in position to know who is better coach. He knows what’s best for all BISON sports just ask him