PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes the Draft

Pages : [1] 2

SamsRams
05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Man am I excited for Friday and Saturday. That is unless the Seahawks shock the world and take Billy at 32.

I had been planning to write something up this week, but after bisonvilles favorite blogger Big Danny Gunderson put out his piece this weekend, I wasnt sure if I could compete with him. I said screw and still did my piece. Interested to hear where you think some of these guys will end up. What a fun class of seniors and hope they all have great adult lives.

http://bisonation.info/who-is-going-pro-ndsu-2014-class/

If I got any stats or info or spelling wrong let me know. I will let BV proofread for my before I release to the masses on twitter-world

BYZEN
05-07-2014, 09:36 AM
FWIW I felt it was encompassing and informative. I enjoyed watching more game film without all the extra overlays.
Nice piece Neis.

NovaBison
05-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Excellent Summary! Much better job summarizing the potential of these seniors than that piece done by Mr. Gunderson.

I personally pretty excited to see what happens by the end of this weekend... getting drafted is great, but I am also excited to see who becomes an UDFA. I really believe some of these guys are going to make NDSU proud at the next level.

SamsRams
05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
just added some to the intro with a breakdown of previous picks.

stevdock
05-07-2014, 12:03 PM
I definitely liked the part about Michael Murphy. He is definitely the one who nobody is talking about that has the best chance of making a team. Problem for him is even though he has been next to perfect, there are only 32 jobs available and that has got to be really tough cracking into that very elite group.

westnodak93bison
05-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I definitely liked the part about Michael Murphy. He is definitely the one who nobody is talking about that has the best chance of making a team. Problem for him is even though he has been next to perfect, there are only 32 jobs available and that has got to be really tough cracking into that very elite group.

He has been pretty damn good on special teams coverage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HerdBoy
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Yes very good summary. My predictions for NDSU 2014 NFL Draft. Billy Turner - 3rd round - Carolina Panthers. Brock Jensen - 6th round - Green Bay Packers. Marcus Williams - 7th round - Cincinnati Bengals.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
05-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Yes very good summary. My predictions for NDSU 2014 NFL Draft. Billy Turner - 3rd round - Carolina Panthers. Brock Jensen - 6th round - Green Bay Packers. Marcus Williams - 7th round - Cincinnati Bengals.

I dont want to be a negative nancy on your predictions, but if Green Bay drafts Brock it will be the 7th round. Seems that is where they usually take a QB, if they take one at all.

Hammerhead
05-07-2014, 05:38 PM
I predict Brock goes undrafted and signs a free agent contract with the Packers.

BisonNation11
05-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Great piece! Love the videos with them. Thanks for taking the time to write that up!

Here's some things I noticed that you might want to change before you release:

Under Billy Turner, it says "Turner started nearly ever game..." Might want to change that to "every game..."
Under Marcus Williams, is says "and set and FCS record..." Might want to change that to "and set an FCS record" Also, there's no period after (he also had 2 special teams TDs)

GOBISON123
05-07-2014, 05:46 PM

This plus, Leevon Perry. I hope he gets a chance at next level.

Bisonator98
05-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Great piece! Love the videos with them. Thanks for taking the time to write that up!

Here's some things I noticed that you might want to change before you release:

Under Billy Turner, it says "Turner started nearly ever game..." Might want to change that to "every game..."
Under Marcus Williams, is says "and set and FCS record..." Might want to change that to "and set an FCS record" Also, there's no period after (he also had 2 special teams TDs)

Billy started 56 of 57 games he played at NDSU so "nearly" would be correct.

THEsocalledfan
05-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Dear Lord,

I know I am not always a good person and have made, and continue to make, many mistakes in my life. With all of that said, I still love You and trust in You, and Your plan. With all of this said, and even considering all of the blessings You have given to me in my life, I do need to ask for one thing:

Please, please, please don't let Brock Jensen be a Green Bay Packer.......

BisonNation11
05-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Billy started 56 of 57 games he played at NDSU so "nearly" would be correct.

I meant changing the ever to every...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
05-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I meant changing the ever to every...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oops, got ya.

tjamz
05-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Dear Lord,

I know I am not always a good person and have made, and continue to make, many mistakes in my life. With all of that said, I still love You and trust in You, and Your plan. With all of this said, and even considering all of the blessings You have given to me in my life, I do need to ask for one thing:

And deny him of his absolute dream job?

THEsocalledfan
05-07-2014, 07:30 PM
And deny him of his absolute dream job?

My will, not thine be done! (For the record, I am just hoping he plays for someone else as it will be extremely painful for me if he ever started for GB against the Vikings as I could never, ever hate Brock Jensen. I could not even cheer against him......)

IBleedYellow
05-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Dear Lord,

Please Please Please Lord let Brock Jensen be a Green Bay Packer.

I WANT TO SEE HIM ACTUALLY WIN STILL!

JustinTyem
05-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Don't forget this..................... 3871

KSBisonFan
05-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Don't forget this..................... 3871

So Brock got an autograph from the discount double check guy. He even wrote it in crayon. And he wrote it on some Grambling letterhead to boot.

ndsubison1
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
ive been waiting for this years draft class for a while. should be fun

thebigund
05-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Man am I excited for Friday and Saturday. That is unless the Seahawks shock the world and take Billy at 32.

I had been planning to write something up this week, but after bisonvilles favorite blogger Big Danny Gunderson put out his piece this weekend, I wasnt sure if I could compete with him. I said screw and still did my piece. Interested to hear where you think some of these guys will end up. What a fun class of seniors and hope they all have great adult lives.

http://bisonation.info/who-is-going-pro-ndsu-2014-class/

If I got any stats or info or spelling wrong let me know. I will let BV proofread for my before I release to the masses on twitter-world

I wouldn't put it past the Seahawks. Remember when they drafted that Bama OL super early and Saban nearly shit himself?

scottietohottie
05-08-2014, 01:07 PM
I might be a little biased but if I owned the Texans I'd be taking Brock Jensen

MNLonghorn10
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
I might be a little biased but if I owned the Texans I'd be taking Brock Jensen

Nah that's not a biased take at all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SoCalBison
05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Really interested to see how all of this turns out for this great class. Go Bison!

NDSU LumberJacks
05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Just read an article in the Sun Sentinel - South Florida - Dolphins Paper and Omar Kelly one of the Writers has Marcus Williams on this Top 12 Players list (Man Crush) as he calls it. Most of the players are LESS Heard of type of players - #1 was Sammy Watkins but after that most are players that will be drafted in Rounds 5-7 or NOT drafted at all. Pretty Cool!! I'm a Dolphins FAN, so I say YES to wearing a Williams Jersey at Bison games next year! Go Dolphins and Go BISON!!!

HandoEX
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Dear Lord,

This post deserves + Rep x 1,000,000! Love it!

dgoergs
05-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Dear Lord,

Finally!!! Something on this board I can agree with! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
05-08-2014, 05:46 PM
This post deserves + Rep x 1,000,000! Love it!

I can't imagine what some to the Sundays must have been like for Brock watching Packers Vikings games with his teammates from Minneapolis.....I can't imagine he crow'd to much to Billy Turner....

RedRiver
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Billy Turner, Round 4, 2nd pick to the Redskins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/it-s-here-behold-schrager-s-seven-round-mock-extravaganza-050814

RedRiver
05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Billy Turner, Round 4, 2nd pick to the Redskins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/it-s-here-behold-schrager-s-seven-round-mock-extravaganza-050814

Also, MW #10 in Round 7 and Brock Jensen #12 in Round 7.

HerdBoy
05-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Just read an article in the Sun Sentinel - South Florida - Dolphins Paper and Omar Kelly one of the Writers has Marcus Williams on this Top 12 Players list (Man Crush) as he calls it. Most of the players are LESS Heard of type of players - #1 was Sammy Watkins but after that most are players that will be drafted in Rounds 5-7 or NOT drafted at all. Pretty Cool!! I'm a Dolphins FAN, so I say YES to wearing a Williams Jersey at Bison games next year! Go Dolphins and Go BISON!!!

Must be Top 12 CB's? I saw another CB list that had MWill at number 40. Go figure.

StL Bison Fan
05-08-2014, 11:46 PM
So they are bringing their top picks out with a lot of hype. Has any top prospect been left uncalled?
Seems like a lot of embarrassment if you're left sitting.
Whoever picks Manzel better be lining up babysitters to keep him out of trouble.

ndsubison1
05-09-2014, 12:03 AM
if texans dont take clowney they are retarded. vikings should take khalil mack. in that case they wont

SamsRams
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM

the fun part about this site is when you read an article like this you can then share the article with everyone else. I will do it for you this time but next time we will have words

:duel:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-omar-kellys-2014-nfl-draft-mancrush-list-20140507,0,6573018.photogallery?index=sfl-omar-kellys-2014-nfl-draft-mancrush-list-2-007

CAS4127
05-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Cleveland pick of Jfootball hurt Brock's chance of being drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AjaxTheMighty
05-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Cleveland pick of Jfootball hurt Brock's chance of being drafted.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this theory.

CAS4127
05-09-2014, 04:17 AM
I would love to hear the reasoning behind this theory.

Really?! How about this! Cleveland was THE most interested team in Brock--but wtf do I know!! Do you think they will draft JFB in first round AND draft Brock in late round?! Your turn!!

AjaxTheMighty
05-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Really?! How about this! Cleveland was THE most interested team in Brock--but wtf do I know!! Do you think they will draft JFB in first round AND draft Brock in late round?! Your turn!!

Oh my turn? Okay, here goes. (Ahem)
Number 1: I was serious. I didn't know so I wanted the reasoning. Number 2: Cleveland was going to get Johnny football as long as Minnesota did what Minnesota does on draft day and that's screw around. I thought the Packers were interested? Also, I heard it was Cincinnati that was the most interested. Just what I heard. I didn't even know the Browns had him in....

1998braves64
05-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Number 1: I was serious. I didn't know so I wanted the reasoning. Number 2: Cleveland was going to get Johnny football as long as Minnesota did what Minnesota does on draft day and that's screw around. I thought the Packers were interested? Also, I heard it was Cincinnati that was the most interested. Just what I heard. I didn't even know the Browns had him in....

My opinion Cleveland only got Johnny Football is they had more "cash" (picks) in the bank than MN did so they could burn an extra one (or whatever the deciding factor was for Eagles) just to get the pick from Eagles. It didn't surprise me at all that MN tried to get him at 22 also, and I'm sure they assumed Cleveland would move up again to get him too, as seemed like they had a backup plan to Manziel @ 22 (which I would have been fine with if they'd pulled it off).

SamsRams
05-09-2014, 04:43 AM

You dont remember Browns scout being so impressed with Brock he got all shitfaced and drove around Fargo screaming "Browns want Brock"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9902325/jon-sandusky-cleveland-browns-pleads-dui-case

NDSUstudent
05-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Cleveland was drafting a QB no matter what early, kind of a desperate need. Not sure how it hurts Brock.

AjaxTheMighty
05-09-2014, 04:51 AM
You dont remember Browns scout being so impressed with Brock he got all shitfaced and drove around Fargo screaming "Browns want Brock"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9902325/jon-sandusky-cleveland-browns-pleads-dui-case

Oh yeah...that story...

BisonFan02
Cleveland was drafting a QB no matter what early, kind of a desperate need. Not sure how it hurts Brock.

It doesn't. Brock is likely a UDFA, but if taken in the 6th/7th round, that is not where teams are searching for franchise QBs like in the first round (yes...I know about Brady, but he was not brought in originally outside of being a project). Taking Manziel wouldn't stop the Browns from potentially looking for depth later....the Browns signing Vince Young would effect them taking Jensen more than Manziel...which isn't much

CAS4127
Oh yeah...that story...

Browns Reportedly Schedule Pre-Draft Visit With QB Brock Jensen
By Chris Pokorny  @DawgsByNature on Apr 4 2014, 11:41p 9

JustinTyem
05-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Browns Reportedly Schedule Pre-Draft Visit With QB Brock Jensen
By Chris Pokorny  @DawgsByNature on Apr 4 2014, 11:41p 9

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSorry Charlie,Cincy was way more interested in Brock then the Browns. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/3/15/5512558/bengals-qb-coach-ken-zampese-scouts-brock-jensen-at-north-dakota-pro-day And this one is about the Packers..............
 Retweeted by 7 Sports Group

Shaun ‏@FCSScout · May 6
To give you an idea how high the #Packers are on Brock Jensen..the agent of another QB prospect was told that Jensen is basically their guy

Hail bison
05-09-2014, 04:58 AM

If Jerry Sandusky was your dad you'd be drunk too:)

AjaxTheMighty
05-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Sorry Charlie,Cincy was way more interested in Brock then the Browns. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/3/15/5512558/bengals-qb-coach-ken-zampese-scouts-brock-jensen-at-north-dakota-pro-day

Thank you.

CAS4127
05-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Sorry Charlie,Cincy was way more interested in Brock then the Browns. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/3/15/5512558/bengals-qb-coach-ken-zampese-scouts-brock-jensen-at-north-dakota-pro-day

Browns bring him in for visit compared to Cincy watching at pro-day?! All I am saying is that I have heard much different, but fuck it, whatever!

Edit: and you might wanna check dates on Jt's link and mine!

JustinTyem
05-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Browns bring him in for visit compared to Cincy watching at pro-day?! All I am saying is that I have heard much different, but fuck it, whatever!

Brock went from Cincy then to Cleveland on the same visit week And then late in April Miami called so........ 7 Sports Group ‏@7sportsgroup · Apr 24
Spoke with Brock Jensen visit with @Bengals went very well! Today he is off to @Browns for a visit #Ohio #NFLDraft #NFL2014 #QB #7SG

 from Carlsbad, CA

JustinTyem
05-09-2014, 05:16 AM
What I really want to know is where MWill,Sam and Leevon stand????

SamsRams
05-09-2014, 05:16 AM
Brock went from Cincy then to Cleveland on the same visit week And then late in April Miami called so........ 7 Sports Group ‏@7sportsgroup · Apr 24
Spoke with Brock Jensen visit with @Bengals went very well! Today he is off to @Browns for a visit #Ohio #NFLDraft #NFL2014 #QB #7SG

 from Carlsbad, CA

OH SNAP........Cas is getting roasted over here

CAS4127
05-09-2014, 05:19 AM

Ok, I know nothing.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Brock was in cincy and in Cleveland

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CAS4127
05-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Some people jock sniff, some follow twitter and some talk to family.

BlueBisonRock
05-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Ok, I know nothing.

You and Jon Snow.

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/592x888/k_n/Kit-Harrington16_11jun13_pr_b_592x888.jpg

I am guessing your BB reputation is having an impact here. . .

Just sayin'

All is tongue in cheek.

HerdBot
05-09-2014, 05:47 AM
ViKings take Bridgewater. Thoughts?
I hope they take Turner in the 3rd

Hail bison
05-09-2014, 06:17 AM

 from Carlsbad, CA

### @@@@@ hashtag hashtag @@@@@#######

SamsRams
05-09-2014, 06:31 AM
### @@@@@ hashtag hashtag @@@@@#######

thats poundtag to you buddy

Hail bison
05-09-2014, 12:17 PM
thats poundtag to you buddy

Ah twitter

HerdBoy
05-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Johnny didn't look to happy about going to Cleveland. I thought it was funny the 2 Texas teams passed on him.

scottietohottie
05-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Leave it to the vikes to take the qb that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at pro day. He wont buckle under pressure.

cbline
05-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Johnny didn't look to happy about going to Cleveland. I thought it was funny the 2 Texas teams passed on him.

Did not break my heart to see Johnny sit and sit and sit as he waited for the call. Man, the Browns have not done too much since the Bernie Kosar days.

THEsocalledfan
05-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Leave it to the vikes to take the qb that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at pro day. He wont buckle under pressure.

He was a top 10 pick until his proday. I am not sure what to think; agree it had to be the pressure.

IBleedYellow
05-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Ok, I know nothing.

...Jon Snow.

IBleedYellow
05-09-2014, 04:10 PM

Ponder had a great pro-day...look how that turned out.

JustinTyem
05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Brock on the GreenBay Radio !!!!! http://wnflam.com/podcasts/the-maino-and-nick-show/94/waupaca-nfl-hopeful-brock-jensesn-joins-the-show-5914/

Bisonator98
05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Ponder had a great pro-day...look how that turned out.

Damn you....

HerdBoy
05-09-2014, 05:45 PM

Vikings = QB merry-go-round.

EC8CH
05-09-2014, 05:49 PM
ViKings take Bridgewater. Thoughts?
I hope they take Turner in the 3rd

Gameday did a segment on Bridgewater when they were in Fargo... maybe there's some good karma there?

THEsocalledfan
05-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Gameday did a segment on Bridgewater when they were in Fargo... maybe there's some good karma there?

Nope. Brock played right in their backyard, and they went for the glitz.....

We will forever call it the "Curse of Brock Jensen" after Brock makes the NFL Hall of Fame.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
So we go from Johnny football clock, to the Michael Sam clock tonight/tomorrow.

woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. .......................... ...........

westnodak93bison
05-09-2014, 08:45 PM
If Jerry Sandusky was your dad you'd be drunk too:)

And walking funny

A1pigskin
05-09-2014, 09:55 PM

Same here...

scottietohottie
05-10-2014, 12:34 PM
So the knock on jimmy G was small hands. What is the knock on Brock? To big of a heart? Addicted to winning? Only thing i have herd on Brock is that the other players on his team were so good but isn't that a positive wouldn't the players on a nfl team be better too making Brock better yet. I just hope he gets a shot some where he deserves it.

HerdBoy
05-10-2014, 04:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken Terrance West was the 6th and Jerick McKinnon was the 7th RB taken in the 2014 draft. That's pretty good for some FCS guys.

Bison 4 Life
05-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Same here...

UFA

10char

tolnabison
05-10-2014, 05:45 PM
The CBs are coming off the board in the 4th, I like Marcus's chance of getting drafted.

devin45k
05-10-2014, 05:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken Terrance West was the 6th and Jerick McKinnon was the 7th RB taken in the 2014 draft. That's pretty good for some FCS guys.

I am loving the Mckinnon pick by Vikings

oldmantutters
05-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Brock on the GreenBay Radio !!!!! http://wnflam.com/podcasts/the-maino-and-nick-show/94/waupaca-nfl-hopeful-brock-jensesn-joins-the-show-5914/

I had to stop listening half way through, couldn't stand how annoying the radio guys were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I am loving the Mckinnon pick by Vikings

He was a man among boys in that NDSU semi game in Fargo. I could not figure out how we were going to stop him and had serious doubts early in the game due to him.

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 08:15 PM

mwill is a tweener. sam unlikely and leevon wont be drafted

Hammerhead
05-10-2014, 08:22 PM
There are now 3 running backs from the FCS drafted -- all from playoff opponents in the last 2 years.

PLAYER POS HT WT COLLEGE PICK TEAM
West, Terrance RB 5'9" 225 Towson Pick 30,*Round 3*(94) Browns
McKinnon, Jerick RB 5'9" 209 Georgia Southern Pick 32,*Round 3*(96) Vikings
Taliaferro, Lorenzo RB 6'0" 229 Coastal Carolina Pick 38,*Round 4*(138) Ravens

SamsRams
05-10-2014, 08:25 PM
mwill is a tweener.

cause Kendall James from Maine is a complete DB

natstar1
05-10-2014, 08:28 PM
What is the knock on Brock?
Low level of competition. Played with great teammates and was put in many favorable situations and didn't have to go through multiple progressions. When he had to go to 2nd or 3rd receivers he was slow to do so. I did think he improved on this a lot his senior season.

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:28 PM
cause Kendall James from Maine is a complete DB

This. :rofl: Kinda a joke who's getting picked at this point.

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 08:31 PM
now a D2 CB picked :facepalm:

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:31 PM
now a D2 CB picked :facepalm:

Yup....this is pathetic.

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Low level of competition. Played with great teammates and was put in many favorable situations and didn't have to go through multiple progressions. When he had to go to 2nd or 3rd receivers he was slow to do so. I did think he improved on this a lot his senior season.

tends to force throws at times

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 08:33 PM
GB on deck. Is this Jensens time?

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
GB on deck. Is this Jensens time?

No

Ten Char

A1pigskin
05-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Yup....this is pathetic.

Good grief...

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
.................and the Packers take another scrub CB.

BFKasper14
05-10-2014, 08:40 PM
I thought it was interesting that Miami has drafted 3 FCS guys. Are there any other teams that have that many?

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Concordia University in St. Paul is officially on the board..... :rofl:

natstar1
05-10-2014, 08:42 PM
another d2 player off the board

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:47 PM
What's McGill?

natstar1
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM
What's McGill?
Was thinking the same thing. It's probably right next to Union.

tony
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM
What's McGill?

Montreal.... very good university.

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Was thinking the same thing. It's probably right next to Union.

Looked it up....I think it's a school in Quebec.

SamsRams
05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
I thought it was interesting that Miami has drafted 3 FCS guys. Are there any other teams that have that many?

actually 4

marenlee
05-10-2014, 08:57 PM
I think Mel Kiper just called NW Missouri State a D3 school :facepalm:

natstar1
05-10-2014, 09:00 PM
anyone know the record for most FCS players drafted from one team?
has an FCS team ever had 3 draft picks?

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Haha....I forgot about Michael Sam......hope he doesn't get drafted because of the false anger/BS controversy it would cause.

bruinbison
05-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Concordia University in St. Paul is officially on the board..... :rofl:

And that means the Gophers missed another one.......:)

Ohhwaitt, guess he's from Chicago
Zach Moore - 6' 5" 270 lbs DE

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 09:24 PM
When Michael Sam is selected theyll announce it at the podium

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Garrett Gilbert is off the board @mnlonghorn @endzoneqb

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Garrett Gilbert is off the board @mnlonghorn @endzoneqb

And someone from Texas is finally drafted!....wait, what?

NDSUstudent
05-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Round six is in the books. One round left for Brock and Marcus.

natstar1
05-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Round six is in the books. One round left for Brock and Marcus.

how many total picks in this round?

NDSUstudent
05-10-2014, 09:28 PM
how many total picks in this round?

41 picks...

natstar1
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM
thanks ndsustudent

SamsRams
05-10-2014, 09:37 PM
thanks ndsustudent

you could also watch @Bisonation twitter feed on the right of the homepage. Got that info :) http://bisonation.info/

https://twitter.com/BisoNation/status/465241773468835840

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Another scrub CB for the Vikes......

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 09:49 PM
....and congrats Kluwe with the first conspiracy tweet about Sams.

ndsubison1
05-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Big Fluffy Portland St is off the board

MNLonghorn10
05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Another scrub CB for the Vikes......
Even if it isnt Williams, I like that Zimmers going CB's in a pass heavy division. I heard on the radio that Zimmer likes finding these late round CB's, sees something in them and molds them into something. Hes gotta hit on some of these guys, you'd think.

I give his first draft a solid B-B+. All hinges on the Barr pick. I think Bridgewater will do fine under Turner.

I thought theyd maybe get a WR or two tho.

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 10:20 PM
and with their last pick in the draft....the Packers take Jeff Janis...a WR from Saginaw Valley St.

Bison03
05-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I expect both Brock and Marcus to make FA signings tomorrow

SamsRams
05-10-2014, 10:36 PM
I expect both Brock and Marcus to make FA signings tomorrow

Maybe even tonight

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Here comes the BS about Michael Sam...............

SamsRams
05-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Here comes the BS about Michael Sam...............

Here comes? That was the third damn segment on him. They pay these guys to evaluate talent, I wanna hear about the players drafted

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Here comes? That was the third damn segment on him. They pay these guys to evaluate talent, I wanna hear about the players drafted

I'm not even talking just about the ESPN coverage...I'm talking about the excuses/finger pointing/blaming about why Sams wasn't drafted....clearly it all had to do with him being gay...completely disregarding the fact that he may not be good enough.

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Oh FFS....here we go. Can we shut up about it now?

NDSUstudent
05-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Starr from USD goes second to last.

scottietohottie
05-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Now i remember why i watch football on Saturday's not Sunday's. Grown ass men kissing!

rosh
05-10-2014, 11:08 PM
The look on the announcers' faces reminded me of Talladega Nights.

Herd890
05-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Good for Sams. Whether he has the talent or not and regardless of the coverage, historic moment for the NFL and it takes a lot of courage to do what he did. He was the SEC defensive player of the year and certainly deserves the chance to be drafted.

Hope Marcus, Brock, Levon and Shep find the best opportunity for them to succeed and make a NFL roster. Go Bison!

Bison 4 Life
05-10-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm not even talking just about the ESPN coverage...I'm talking about the excuses/finger pointing/blaming about why Sams wasn't drafted....clearly it all had to do with him being gay...completely disregarding the fact that he may not be good enough.

The SEC defensive player of the year is probably good enough to get drafted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 11:28 PM
The SEC defensive player of the year is probably good enough to get drafted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heisman Trophy winners don't necessarily pan out in the NFL...some players that succeed in college don't necessarily translate to the NFL. I think Polian covered that best during the extremely overblown coverage.

BadlandsBison
05-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Oh FFS....here we go. Can we shut up about it now?

Pfft no. This is espn gold for the next 6 months. I feel like this excess of attention has gone beyond "respectful" on the part of espn

reformedUNDfan
when was the last time the sec defensive player of the year didn't get drafted?

you seem really eager to deny that orientation had anything to do with it.

HerdBot

Sec player of the year. Mega talented. I think every team and scout looked extra hard for a reason not to draft him as a cover up for being anti gay. Yeah sounds a bit conspiracy like but seriously this guy isn't nfl draft material?

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
when was the last time the sec defensive player of the year didn't get drafted?

you seem really eager to deny that orientation had anything to do with it.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96267&draftyear=2014&genpos=DE

When was the last time a SEC defensive player of the year had these combine numbers and a projected 5th round rating? The travesty is the fact that a 7th round DE will get as much coverage as Clowney when we shouldn't give a flying **** about someone's orientation.

westnodak93bison
05-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Sec player of the year. Mega talented. I think every team and scout looked extra hard for a reason not to draft him as a cover up for being anti gay. Yeah sounds a bit conspiracy like but seriously this guy isn't nfl draft material?

Teams don't want the distraction.

BisonFan02
05-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Teams don't want the distraction.

I wasn't even going to go there, but what the heck. Quick question for some of you guys.....player A has X ability, but is a known trouble maker and likes to bring a lot of attention to himself (we'll just call him Manziel)...player B also has X ability, but brings a huge media fire storm and distractions (Sam for example). Both players are potentially passed on for players of like ability. Which is uncalled for?

westnodak93bison
05-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Little confused about M Will not getting drafted. No way in hell he isn't better than one of the corners drafted ahead of him. 21 pics, 7 for TDs. From my understanding the d scheme put a lot of responsibility on him. Best D in FCS 3 yrs running. 1 k return yards in limited opportunities. I don't get it.

BYZEN
05-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Guess I'll be watching a lot of #finsup Miami football, congrats to Billy &Brock

HerdBot
05-10-2014, 11:43 PM
I wasn't even going to go there, but what the heck. Quick question for some of you guys.....player A has X ability, but is a known trouble maker and likes to bring a lot of attention to himself (we'll just call him Manziel)...player B also has X ability, but brings a huge media fire storm and distractions (Sam for example). Both players are potentially passed on for players of like ability. Which is uncalled for?

This ^^
Ten character

Bisonguy
05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
anyone know the record for most FCS players drafted from one team?
has an FCS team ever had 3 draft picks?

Depends on what you're calling FCS. Pretty sure Grambling had around 10 drafted one year back when they good (60's/early 70's)

Bisonator98
05-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Little confused about M Will not getting drafted. No way in hell he isn't better than one of the corners drafted ahead of him. 21 pics, 7 for TDs. From my understanding the d scheme put a lot of responsibility on him. Best D in FCS 3 yrs running. 1 k return yards in limited opportunities. I don't get it.

I don't either. He's definitely better then the last few corners taken.

BisonFan02
This ^^
Ten character

Honestly...I don't understand the conspiracy. M. Sam was projected all over the place in late rounds...didn't impress during the combine...

td577

He had a terrible combine. One bad pro day cost Teddy Bridgewater at least $10m.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Strongman
05-10-2014, 11:55 PM

He is undersized, is dealing with injuries and does not have elite NFL speed. Additionally, he lost traction his senior year. He did not progress as one would have thought after his junior year. He can still make a team via free agent, but it's a long shot. Brock has a better chance to make a team.

westnodak93bison
05-10-2014, 11:57 PM
He is undersized, is dealing with injuries and does not have elite NFL speed. Additionally, he lost traction his senior year. He did not progress as one would have thought after his junior year. He can still make a team via free agent, but it's a long shot. Brock has a better chance to make a team.

Under sized? Where do you get that info?

HerdBot
05-10-2014, 11:59 PM
He had a terrible combine. One bad pro day cost Teddy Bridgewater at least $10m.

Yeah and he was still the 3rd qb drafted in the second round. It's funny how people say the combine isn't everything until it's a convenient excuse. Well see if he signs a free agent deal.

bisonpride4ever
05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Tim Flanders picked up by the Saints

Bisonator98
05-11-2014, 12:01 AM

And yet he was still better then the last 5 corners drafted.

HerdBot
05-11-2014, 12:06 AM

Marcus is prototypical

HazenBizon
05-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Tim Flanders picked up by the Saints

I was surprised he didn't get drafted. I was MUCH more impressed with Flanders than Talliaferro. This shows that if you aren't FBS, you need to have a stellar senior season to get respect from the NFL.

NDSUstudent
05-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Bryan Shepherd to the Redskins

https://twitter.com/SeeMurphsTweets/status/465283102487498752

EC8CH
05-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Wyoming's QB goes undrafted...
Signs with Tampa Bay.

td577
05-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah and he was still the 3rd qb drafted in the second round. It's funny how people say the combine isn't everything until it's a convenient excuse. Well see if he signs a free agent deal.

He dropped at least 25 picks because of one day. Sams had the whole combine to overcome.

Show me one pre-announcement/pre-combine Sams draft report that had him higher then a late round draft pick. Then that can be the starting point.

thebigund
05-11-2014, 12:31 AM

He's not fast or fluid enough to get drafted.

tjbison
05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Bryan Shepard to the redskins

natstar1
05-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Anyone know how many players that were not at the combine and still got drafted?

Bisonator98
05-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Bryan Shepherd to the Redskins

https://twitter.com/SeeMurphsTweets/status/465283102487498752

Congrats Bryan!

Christopher Moen
05-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Crap, my Broncos just signed a Wioux player (Hardin). I thought they were done with them after Kuper retired.

Go Broncos!!!

scottietohottie
05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Anyone know how many players that were not at the combine and still got drafted?

whats with all the questions you ever hear of google?

SamsRams
05-11-2014, 01:38 AM

anyone know the link for google?

BisonFan02
05-11-2014, 01:40 AM
anyone know the link for google?

Google it.

www.bing.com

natstar1
05-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Have you ever googled questions like that? It's not like trying to find out how many sacks Clowney had last season.

HerdBot
05-11-2014, 02:12 AM
He dropped at least 25 picks because of one day. Sams had the whole combine to overcome.

Show me one pre-announcement/pre-combine Sams draft report that had him higher then a late round draft pick. Then that can be the starting point.

He was initially ranked as a 3rd rounder by most sites. Yes his combine sucked but he improved on those numbers dramatically a 2nd time around. But you're correct he was never a 1st round pick

westnodak93bison
05-11-2014, 02:16 AM
What about Leevon?

Strongman
05-11-2014, 02:52 AM

Is he 6'0" or taller? Does he run a 4.4 40?

SamsRams
05-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Is he 6'0" or taller? Does he run a 4.4 40?

this is a great point, as we all know 40 time is very important to if a player is undersized or not.

td577
05-11-2014, 03:07 AM
He was initially ranked as a 3rd rounder by most sites. Yes his combine sucked but he improved on those numbers dramatically a 2nd time around. But you're correct he was never a 1st round pick

I am not naive and think him announcing he is gay had zero effect, but either the rams were nudged by the league to draft him, or his talent was good enough to ignore the side show.

I think he fell to where his talent level metthe right draft level. There were 32 teams that knew he was good enough to be drafted, so unless the rams went rogue on the rest of the league, there wasn't any collusion. Shit, Tebow was a much greater circus risk then someone being gay. This league is too competitive to blackball someone who can help your team win.

HerdBot
05-11-2014, 03:19 AM
I am not naive and think him announcing he is gay had zero effect, but either the rams were nudged by the league to draft him, or his talent was good enough to ignore the side show.

I think he fell to where his talent level metthe right draft level. There were 32 teams that knew he was good enough to be drafted, so unless the rams went rogue on the rest of the league, there wasn't any collusion. Shit, Tebow was a much greater circus risk then someone being gay. This league is too competitive to blackball someone who can help your team win.

At least he gets a shot. I just can't believe an SEC Defensive Player Of The Year went undrafted. Kid has some serious balls to come out of the closet before he was drafted. One would assume he cost himself some money and put pressure on himself but I respect the fact he doesn't care what other people think. This ain't a hair salon it's the NFL

HerdBoy
05-11-2014, 03:41 AM

I checked it out by comparing the invite list on nfl.com to draft list starting at Round 7. I worked back to round 3 then quit as most of those were invited. The last one I came up with was draft pick #125 which if I remember right was the CB from Liberty. I had 31 players drafted in 2014 that were not invited to 2014 Combine.

:)

natstar1
05-11-2014, 03:56 AM
I checked it out by comparing the invite list on nfl.com to draft list starting at Round 7. I worked back to round 3 then quit as most of those were invited. The last one I came up with was draft pick #125 which if I remember right was the CB from Liberty. I had 31 players drafted in 2014 that were not invited to 2014 Combine.

:)
Thanks I knew the only way to know that was to figure it yourself or somehow see it on Twitter.

bigdaddykane
05-11-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm glad that NDSU will be playing us without those guys that got drafted or signed. Have fun replacing them

HerdBoy
05-11-2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks I knew the only way to know that was to figure it yourself or somehow see it on Twitter.

If I get bored tonight I'll probably look at the other 3 rounds.

JSUBison
05-11-2014, 05:32 AM
Sports Network article on the draft. Of Miami's 8 picks, 5 of them were FCS. I wonder if that's happened before in modern era where a NFL team has picked more FCS/IAA than FBS/IA players. Somebody askjeeves it for me.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/05/10/in-fcs-huddle-2014-fcs-draft-class-review/

Gully
05-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm confused reading this thread about Sams not getting drafted. He DID get drafted right? They talked about it for an hour straight and how Jeff Fisher was a trailblazer, etc.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm confused reading this thread about Sams not getting drafted. He DID get drafted right? They talked about it for an hour straight and how Jeff Fisher was a trailblazer, etc.

He was drafted in the 6th rd, 249th pick overall.

Prime Power
05-11-2014, 02:36 PM
At least he gets a shot. I just can't believe an SEC Defensive Player Of The Year went undrafted. Kid has some serious balls to come out of the closet before he was drafted. One would assume he cost himself some money and put pressure on himself but I respect the fact he doesn't care what other people think. This ain't a hair salon it's the NFL

1. He was drafted. 2. He certainly did not cost himself money by coming out. He would have been just another regular old linebacker that no one cared about except for the team that drafted him., but now he has all kinds of publicity and endorsement deals to make a lot more money.

Hammersmith
05-11-2014, 02:54 PM
He was drafted in the 6th rd, 249th pick overall.

7th round/249th overall.

And it's Sam with only one s. Like the infamous poster that shall not be named. Michael Sams is a very bad man from England who is serving a life sentence for murder, rape, and assorted other charges. Oddly enough, Sams(the bad guy) was also an athlete(runner) until he lost part of his leg to disease. He fell into crime after that.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Sports Network article on the draft. Of Miami's 8 picks, 5 of them were FCS. I wonder if that's happened before in modern era where a NFL team has picked more FCS/IAA than FBS/IA players. Somebody askjeeves it for me.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/05/10/in-fcs-huddle-2014-fcs-draft-class-review/ That is awesome. Hope lots of the FCS players at Miami end up having great careers, not just because two are from NDSU, but also just to show there are lots of great players in FCS, many that never see the NFL due to the excessive FBS hype.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm confused reading this thread about Sams not getting drafted. He DID get drafted right? They talked about it for an hour straight and how Jeff Fisher was a trailblazer, etc. I don't care.......sounds like a media whore to me. Sick of all the "look at me crap" the gays do to bring attention. Hey, its professional football.......I don't want to hear about all your causes whatever they are, religious, societal or political. Just play the damn game and shut the F up. In reality athletes, musicians and actors are the least qualified to be educating the public on the virtues of anything.

Hail bison
05-11-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't care.......sounds like a media whore to me. Sick of all the "look at me crap" the gays do to bring attention. Hey, its professional football.......I don't want to hear about all your causes whatever they are, religious, societal or political. Just play the damn game and shut the F up. In reality athletes, musicians and actors are the least qualified to be educating the public on the virtues of anything.

I agree. Especially that last sentence. Some will now chastise you for not embracing and celebrating his courage and homosexuality. You are not as evolved in your thinking etc. The fact is, I've heard more about Sam in the past 24 hours than I've heard about Clowney all week. Apparently you don't care if the guy is gay or strait either.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM
It seems to be a big deal with some people which is probably why he wasn't taken at least as a value pick earlier.

Give him props for being honest. Everybody on his college team knew, he thought it important to come out since the NFL is an employment situation and the league showed its true colors. Do I care if he's gay? No. It seems plenty of other people do.

I don't think he was trolling with that kiss on ESPN, but I really wish he was. I hope it made a lot of small minds explode.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I agree. Especially that last sentence. Some will now chastise you for not embracing and celebrating his courage and homosexuality. You are not as evolved in your thinking etc. The fact is, I've heard more about Sam in the past 24 hours than I've heard about Clowney all week. Apparently you don't care if the guy is gay or strait either. Your last sentence exactly! Don't hate on the guy, but will not applaud his cause or self attention. Just a big distraction from the purpose of the draft and professional football.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Your last sentence exactly! Don't hate on the guy, but will not applaud his cause or self attention. Just a big distraction from the purpose of the draft and professional football.

Did you see the draft? Do you think the purpose for all that show was for a human resources recruiting event? Having the commissioner come out and introduce another person to announce the picks? Entrance Music? Preproduced packages?

Yeah, it was a completely serious event free from distractions until Michael Sam got drafted.

AJ McCarron's girlfriend is famous and he wasn't drafted until 164.

natstar1
05-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't care.......sounds like a media whore to me. Sick of all the "look at me crap" the gays do to bring attention. Hey, its professional football.......I don't want to hear about all your causes whatever they are, religious, societal or political. Just play the damn game and shut the F up. In reality athletes, musicians and actors are the least qualified to be educating the public on the virtues of anything.
When was the last time Sam talked publicly?

ZHerd
05-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I agree. Especially that last sentence. Some will now chastise you for not embracing and celebrating his courage and homosexuality. You are not as evolved in your thinking etc. The fact is, I've heard more about Sam in the past 24 hours than I've heard about Clowney all week. Apparently you don't care if the guy is gay or strait either.

Yep...soooo sick of it. I can't go go to any media site with out seeing him front page and media trying to force this junk down everyone's throats....so I come to Bisonville instead and here it is. Sigh

onbison09
05-11-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm sure Sam would love his orientation to not be a big deal. As I'm sure "the gays" would love to not have to talk about their personal lives to make civil rights gains. I still think the media stuff is overblown. It will be a big deal during training camp but if he makes the team, it probably won't be. I can't remember what player was tweeting about it but he said something like "If your team lets those distractions bother you, you were probably going to suck anyways."

semobison
05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Did you see the draft? Do you think the purpose for all that show was for a human resources recruiting event? Having the commissioner come out and introduce another person to announce the picks? Entrance Music? Preproduced packages?

Yeah, it was a completely serious event free from distractions until Michael Sam got drafted.

AJ McCarron's girlfriend is famous and he wasn't drafted until 164.

I was watching an ESPN special about the 1964 draft which was considered the best ever with the most hall of Fame players drafted. Back in those days the league rented a big hotel convention room for a weekend, sat down and had the draft with little media attention. Most fans had to wait for the Monday paper to see who their team had chosen...... Am I the only old timer who thinks we have a media saturation?

thebigund
05-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Tell that to Jackie Robinson. Athletics are usually ahead of society anyway for progression and equality. A barrier is a barrier regardless of what it is for. Good for him for having the balls to break one down. He's not the first gay football player to be drafted but he's the first to be out before being drafted. I didn't see the look at me stuff you're imagining. He kept his mouth shut for the most part after coming out. The guy can stick his dick in a blender for all I care. He was drafted where he should have been. It would be wrong if he had been drafted earlier just for being gay just as it would have if he hadn't been drafted for being gay. At the end of the day it's the media making it a huge deal, not the player.

HerdBoy
05-11-2014, 06:34 PM
1. He was drafted. 2. He certainly did not cost himself money by coming out. He would have been just another regular old linebacker that no one cared about except for the team that drafted him., but now he has all kinds of publicity and endorsement deals to make a lot more money.

Johnny Football be pimping the endorsements too. I expect to see a TV commercial next week with Johnny selling Turtle Wax.

reformedUNDfan
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM

Yes, that's what this is about.

Some people's kids. :facepalm:

I don't care.......sounds like a media whore to me. Sick of all the "look at me crap" the gays do to bring attention. Hey, its professional football.......I don't want to hear about all your causes whatever they are, religious, societal or political. Just play the damn game and shut the F up.
are you really blaming the gays for everyone else flipping the fuck out when a gay person decides to try to live a normal life? Michael Sam did a handful of interviews months ago and has stayed out of the limelight since.

In reality athletes, musicians and actors are the least qualified to be educating the public on the virtues of anything.
all those categories include large numbers of people, many of whom are smarter and better informed than perhaps anyone posting here. If you have a cause and can support it with evidence then my all means, be an activist if that's what you want to do.

Yes many are idiots, but those people are typically too dumb to know enough to have an opinion. The kind of people you get an incoherent twitter post about Benghazi or vaccines or north korea, followed by laughing and ridicule.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Tell that to Jackie Robinson. Athletics are usually ahead of society anyway for progression and equality. A barrier is a barrier regardless of what it is for. Good for him for having the balls to break one down. He's not the first gay football player to be drafted but he's the first to be out before being drafted. I didn't see the look at me stuff you're imagining. He kept his mouth shut for the most part after coming out. The guy can stick his dick in a blender for all I care. He was drafted where he should have been. It would be wrong if he had been drafted earlier just for being gay just as it would have if he hadn't been drafted for being gay. At the end of the day it's the media making it a huge deal, not the player. Bullshit.........most all this media crap is no longer about equal rights, its about special interests and preferential treatment. I have every right to say I am tired of this shit as those who want to spew their liberal views.

thebigund
05-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Bullshit.........most all this media crap is no longer about equal rights, its about special interests and preferential treatment. I have every right to say I am tired of this shit as those who want to spew their liberal views.

Sam didn't spew anything. You only have the media to blame. Also if you don't like it change the channel. To not understand that they were bound to blow it way out of proportion in the media is pretty naive.

HerdBot
05-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Tell that to Jackie Robinson. Athletics are usually ahead of society anyway for progression and equality. A barrier is a barrier regardless of what it is for. Good for him for having the balls to break one down. He's not the first gay football player to be drafted but he's the first to be out before being drafted. I didn't see the look at me stuff you're imagining. He kept his mouth shut for the most part after coming out. The guy can stick his dick in a blender for all I care. He was drafted where he should have been. It would be wrong if he had been drafted earlier just for being gay just as it would have if he hadn't been drafted for being gay. At the end of the day it's the media making it a huge deal, not the player.

Holy shit I actually agree with you.

HerdBoy
05-11-2014, 07:20 PM
http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/25483817/brock-jensen-joins-turner-in-miami

SDbison
Sam didn't spew anything. You only have the media to blame. Also if you don't like it change the channel. To not understand that they were bound to blow it way out of proportion in the media is pretty naive. No you are naive........this is not a change the channel moment.......I and millions of others are sick and tired of this in your face crap. I couldn't care less about other peoples sexuality, and according to my religion marriage is between a man and a woman.

Bison 4 Life
Going back 10 years, the previous SEC defensive player of the year and draft spot

2012 Jarvis Jones 1st Rd 17th overall
2011 Morris Claiborne 1st Rd 6th overall
2010 Patrick Peterson 1st Rd 5th overall
2009 Rolando McClain 1st Rd 8th overall
2008 Eric Berry 1st Rd 5th overall
2007 Glenn Dorsey 1st Rd 5th overall
2006 Patrick Willis 1st Rd 11th overall
2005 Demeco Ryans 2nd Rd 33rd overall
2004 David Pollack 1st Rd 17th overall

So tell me how his being gay is so beneficial to Sam?

Bison 4 Life
No you are naive........this is not a change the channel moment.......I and millions of others are sick and tired of this in your face crap. I couldn't care less about other peoples sexuality, and according to my religion marriage is between a man and a woman.

Did you feel the same way about Tim Tebow? Because it was him who was shouting it to everyone.

natstar1
05-11-2014, 07:25 PM
As long as we still have people like SDbison "the gays" playing sports will be a big deal in the media.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Going back 10 years, the previous SEC defensive player of the year and draft spot

So tell me how his being gay is so beneficial to Sam? Actually all the attention getting backfired on him.......I believe football is still a TEAM game. Shut the F up about your personal concerns.

SDbison
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
As long as we still have people like SDbison "the gays" playing sports will be a big deal in the media. What are people like me? Explain? I can say similar crap about people like you, but don't need to do that to make my point.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Actually all the attention getting backfired on him.......I believe football is still a TEAM game. Shut the F up about your personal concerns.

1st Rd 25th overall

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/124007/TIM-TEBOW-EYE-BLACK.jpg

SDbison
05-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Did you feel the same way about Tim Tebow? Because it was him who was shouting it to everyone. Don't see how Tebow expressing his religious beliefs is the same as the look at me gay movement.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Don't see how Tebow expressing his religious beliefs is the same as the look at me gay movement.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/129999/EPHESIANS-TIM-TEBOW-BIBLE-EYE-BLACK.jpghttp://www.wnd.com/images/headshots/tebowjohn316.jpghttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/56083/ScreenHunter_02_Jan._09_06.45.gifhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aFGeGrMGRUQ/UT68x7nqW-I/AAAAAAAAADo/UaR_gG12wng/s1600/755498.jpg

SDbison
05-11-2014, 07:41 PM
1st Rd 25th overall

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/124007/TIM-TEBOW-EYE-BLACK.jpg
Great athlete and person, much like Brock only Tim played at a major university. Strong religious conviction.......too bad that is no longer respected in this country.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah, totally forgot.

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-RH430_tebow_E_20120109103713.jpg

ZHerd
05-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Don't see how Tebow expressing his religious beliefs is the same as the look at me gay movement.

Just change the subject. Bring up Homos or Tebow and the multitudes of argumentative ESPN Facebook posting retards will invade Bisonville.

ZHerd
05-11-2014, 07:49 PM
And the greatest surprise of the draft was: Mcarron and Manziel both slipped further than I would expect. Also Wis wr Abrederris went pretty low.

westnodak93bison
05-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Great athlete and person, much like Brock only Tim played at a major university. Strong religious conviction.......too bad that is no longer respected in this country.

Yeah, being outspoken about religion is frowned upon in the main stream media. However, if you bash the catholic church, make fun of bible thumpers, promote legalization of drugs, promote the lgbt "agenda" then that is celebrated. Tolerance has become a one way street.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 08:30 PM
And the greatest surprise of the draft was: Mcarron and Manziel both slipped further than I would expect. Also Wis wr Abrederris went pretty low.

Both attention whores that nobody is crying about in this thread.

Elvis was a Bison
05-11-2014, 08:48 PM

I think you may have just given proof that the title "SEC Defensive Player of the year" might just be overrated. I see a couple of All-Pro years on that list, but I sure don't see any HOF candidates. Sam went where he went because he is a mediocre player, just as many that came before him.

ZHerd
05-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Both attention whores that nobody is crying about in this thread.

1) Only Manziel is of those 3 2) I never insinuated anyone was crying about them and that has nothing to do with the purpose of my post 3) You calling someone out for craving attention somehow seems pretty funny to me

thebigund
05-11-2014, 09:01 PM
No you are naive........this is not a change the channel moment.......I and millions of others are sick and tired of this in your face crap. I couldn't care less about other peoples sexuality, and according to my religion marriage is between a man and a woman.
What did he do that was in your face. He had a small gathering at home. Big deal. Did it bother you that he smeared cake on his boyfriends face and then missed him? It looked pretty normal to me.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM
What did he do that was in your face. He had a small gathering at home. Big deal. Did it bother you that he smeared cake on his boyfriends face and then missed him? It looked pretty normal to me.

Nah, man. It was a kiss. I mean, kissing someone after being drafted? Sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rirsA8YaM

Even in celebration:

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/4437073/drewbrees002.jpg

natstar1
05-11-2014, 09:41 PM

I think you may have just given proof that the title "SEC Defensive Player of the year" might just be overrated. I see a couple of All-Pro years on that list, but I sure don't see any HOF candidates. Sam went where he went because he is a mediocre player, just as many that came before him.
Many consider Peterson the best corner in the NFL.
Without looking I'm pretty sure Berry was rookie of the year, before tearing his ACL.
Willis' career is definitely on a HOF path.
I believe Ryans was rookie of the year too.
Pollack never really played because of a serious neck injury IIRC.
Very good list of players IMO.

WRT to Sam, being good in college does not necessarily make you a good pro or prospect for that matter.

td577
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Gino Toretta: NFL Draft: 1993 / Round: 7 / Pick: 192.

Heisman Trophy: is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football.

Gino Toretta: Heisman Trophy Winner

Gino Toretta: Most outstanding player in college football

Most outstanding player in college football: NFL Draft: 1993 / Round: 7 / Pick: 192

Charlie Ward: Not drafted. It must be noted he did say he wouldn't play the foosball.
Eric Crouch: Drafted 2002 / Round: 3 / Pick: 95 but as a WR and never played a game. Didn't get a shot as a QB until the CFL when he was a 4th string QB behind Spergon Wynn. He played like one quarter, ever until the UFL.
Troy Smith: NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 5 / Pick: 174

These are just a few examples of the most outstanding player in college football in those given years. That would certainly be worth more than the SEC defensive player of the year.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 10:35 PM
You have to go back 20 years to a completely different position to explain a 10 year trend being inexplicably broken?

Makes perfect sense.

NDSU1980
05-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Did you feel the same way about Tim Tebow? Because it was him who was shouting it to everyone.

At least Tebow showed some morals.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2014, 11:01 PM

Nobody cares what you think morals are.

The vulgar language in your sig belies any morals you profess to have.

This whole conversation is pointless. Sam came out to be honest with his future teammates as he had with his previous teammates. Only St. Louis showed any kind of courage to draft him despite having similar credentials to several 1st rd draft picks previously. He kissed his boyfriend, big fucking deal.

You people need only concern yourselves with your own lives.

td577
05-11-2014, 11:04 PM
You have to go back 20 years to a completely different position to explain a 10 year trend being inexplicably broken?

Makes perfect sense.

Let's see here, how about some of this:

-undersized
-1 good season
-not best defensive player on own team
-stats are stacked
-abandons assignments to pad stats
-misses tackles
-vacates lanes
-projected mid-round if he has a good combine
-lacks consistency
-not a three down player
-breaks containment
-weak spin move
-under strength
-over runs plays
-15th ranked DE (was the 21st DE selected exactly one round later then the 15th picked DE)

These are all comments and rankings made before his announcement and before the combine. That doesn't come off as being a high recommendation regardless of his individual accolades. He was already marked for being a man about stats, not the team. The other examples I gave earlier were very similar in the remarks made about them. Good college players, but no one sees how they will fit in the NFL.

If he didn't announce he was gay, he might have become the first SEC defensive player of the year not to get drafted. Who is to say he was that high on anyone's draft board? Back before the announcement and combine, he was the 15th ranked DE. Well, there were 9 picked in the first three rounds which is usually the cut off for immediate contribution. You start getting into 4th round and beyond, it starts getting into more guys that are projects and depth.

He is on a team. With the knocks against him, I have the feeling he will, at best, make the practice squad. I think the NFL is way too competitive and way too close talent-wise that if a guy can help that anyone would care that much about someone being gay. It is about performance.

-

BisonTeacher
05-11-2014, 11:32 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/129999/EPHESIANS-TIM-TEBOW-BIBLE-EYE-BLACK.jpghttp://www.wnd.com/images/headshots/tebowjohn316.jpghttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/56083/ScreenHunter_02_Jan._09_06.45.gifhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aFGeGrMGRUQ/UT68x7nqW-I/AAAAAAAAADo/UaR_gG12wng/s1600/755498.jpg

Must spread rep.

BisonTeacher
05-11-2014, 11:34 PM

Well then maybe you should watch the religious channels. Then you wont have to worry about all the "in your face stuff".

Edit...Personally Im tired of Seeing Manziel. Stupid Liberal Media.

Hammersmith
05-11-2014, 11:53 PM

Thank you. Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

Hooray, the internet.

thebigund
05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Yeah, being outspoken about religion is frowned upon in the main stream media. However, if you bash the catholic church, make fun of bible thumpers, promote legalization of drugs, promote the lgbt "agenda" then that is celebrated. Tolerance has become a one way street.

Bullshit and you know it.

thebigund
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM

As apposed to what and by whom?

semobison
05-12-2014, 12:06 AM
There is a place somewhere for this discussion, but damn, not on a BV football thread!

Bison bison
05-12-2014, 12:08 AM
​there is a black man in the white house!!!!

westnodak93bison
05-12-2014, 12:12 AM

Prove me wrong. This should be entertaining.

Hail bison
05-12-2014, 12:17 AM

I call bullshit on you. He makes a valid point. So he's a racist or anti gay? You go ahead and point the finger. Prove his point.

BisonTeacher
05-12-2014, 12:28 AM
There is a place somewhere for this discussion, but damn, not on a BV football thread!

and will probably be locked soon.

Gully
05-12-2014, 12:31 AM
and will probably be locked soon.

one can hope

Bison bison
05-12-2014, 12:38 AM
My sister just got a job working from home making $60/hr!!!

Visit my website to learn how www.tonypleaselockthisthreadandtheonewiththedipshi tiowastatestudent.com/homosexualityexistsdealwithit

BYZEN
05-12-2014, 01:16 AM
My sister just got a job working from home making $60/hr!!!

Visit my website to learn how www.tonypleaselockthisthreadandtheonewiththedipshi tiowastatestudent.com/homosexualityexistsdealwithit

I just saved money on my car insurance in fifteen minutes or less....

thebigund
05-12-2014, 01:16 AM
I call bullshit on you. He makes a valid point. So he's a racist or anti gay? You go ahead and point the finger. Prove his point.

Didn't say either.

Prove me wrong. This should be entertaining.

Tim Tebow and his very outspoken views were never frowned upon. Honestly I can't think of a time when an athlete thanks God or mention Jesus Christ as their lord and savior and it was spun negatively. As for the Catholic Church.... Shit was really fucked up and thankfully steps have been taken in the right direction. Legalization of drugs and of marijuana are two different things. Nobody is talking about legalizing cocaine or heroine or meth, that's because we have plenty of synthetic versions of them that are over prescribed that are of the highest purity. Look up what they've been able to do with special strains of marry jane in treating ALS and extreme epilepsy and you might view things differently.

[Drops mic walks away]

BisoninNWMN
05-12-2014, 01:27 AM

What he said is true.

Don't like it? Go away!

BisonAccountant44
05-12-2014, 02:48 AM
https://forum-s3.pinside.com/201210/464292/49855.jpg

http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201307/964385/113033.jpg

steelbison
05-12-2014, 02:01 PM

Totally agree. Easier to call names than actually answer the question.

Let's get something straight. Sams was projected as a 5-6 rounder before the combine.

Did any of you actually watch it? Because I did...the guy is too small for D-end. So they tried him in coverage. On a five yard out he couldn't keep up with a slow TE because the guys hips are so tight he is slow of foot.

He ran a 4.91 40. O-lineman run faster than him!!! The ONLY reason this guy got drafted was because he was gay...Not because he came out...

natstar1
05-12-2014, 04:49 PM
ITT it is insinuated that "the gays" have no morals, but those posters aren't anti-gay?

bisonmike2
05-12-2014, 04:57 PM

It was in SD's face because when he sees two dudes kissing he's got to fight all those repressed urges all over again.

runtheoption
05-12-2014, 06:00 PM
How do I explain Michael Sam to my kids?

A man with TWO first names?

credit to Andy Kerman for this one

westnodak93bison
05-12-2014, 06:19 PM
How do I explain Michael Sam to my kids?

A man with TWO first names?

credit to Andy Kerman for this one

How about this. The dude is gay. That is a reality of life. Whether he was born that way or it is a choice I'm not sure.

Bison 4 Life
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM
How about this. The dude is gay. That is a reality of life. Whether he was born that way or it is a choice I'm not sure.

How about this? The dude is a NFL linebacker and it doesn't matter who he kisses. I don't discuss anything else about any NFL players to my kid.

BisonFan02
05-12-2014, 06:29 PM
How about this? The dude is a NFL linebacker and it doesn't matter who he kisses. I don't discuss anything else about any NFL players to my kid.

Dude is a DE....not a LB unless there has been some type of position change that I don't know about. The problem is, most people will only pay attention to the sideshow....and the only thing some people will discuss (even with their kids) is the fact that he is gay...not a 7th round DE that may not in all likelihood make the team.

runtheoption
05-12-2014, 06:30 PM
How about this. The dude is gay. That is a reality of life. Whether he was born that way or it is a choice I'm not sure.What does this have to do with his parents unfortunate choice of bestowing upon him TWO FIRST NAMES?

The taunts, the teasing, the constant hiding and changing his name when introducing himself as "Michael Samolowakandi" must have been horrible for him.

bisonmike2
05-12-2014, 06:34 PM

You are missing out. You can have all sorts of interesting conversations with your kids when you discuss NFL players.
"Well you see son, sometimes a man, like Mr. Ray Rice, has to beat his girlfriend unconscious in an elevator then drag here through the lobby by her hair because he loves her so much. And then, probably because she's scared for her life and emotionally dependent on him, she marries him because she thinks she won't have to testify against him."

Bison 4 Life
05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
You are missing out. You can have all sorts of interesting conversations with your kids when you discuss NFL players.
"Well you see son, sometimes a man, like Mr. Ray Rice, has to beat his girlfriend unconscious in an elevator then drag here through the lobby by her hair because he loves her so much. And then, probably because she's scared for her life and emotionally dependent on him, she marries him because she thinks she won't have to testify against him."

Or his teammate, linebacker Ray Lewis, conspires to cover up a murder committed by one of his friends. Or Donte Stallworth runs over a man while drunk and gets away with it.

But they don't kiss men.

totoinfl
05-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Or his teammate, linebacker Ray Lewis, conspires to cover up a murder committed by one of his friends. Or Donte Stallworth runs over a man while drunk and gets away with it.

But they don't kiss men.

Guy claims he should have been a top 3 rounds pick...because he had a great year and was SEC Def Player of the Year too...oh well, the real work starts soon and it will determine whether or not he has a future in the NFL...

ndsubison1
05-12-2014, 06:50 PM

But they don't kiss men.

Wrong.....

AKBison
05-12-2014, 06:50 PM

Sam is no Jackie Robinson. Michael Sams has the media and fans in his corner. JR had neither and died relatively young with stress likely being a major cause. Gay rights is not "our generations civil rights movement." Most football fans, myself included don't care if be is gay, has a boyfriend etc. What I hate is the media shoving this down my throat. I would like to be able to watch a football game on Sunday without the gay agenda being mixed in.

Bison 4 Life
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Wrong.....

Really? Is he currently penniless and in jail?

ndsubison1
05-12-2014, 06:57 PM

:facepalm:. when people start comparing this to what blacks went through really annoys me