PDA

View Full Version : NDSU fball shutout by Ch 4, 11 again...

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 03:47 AM
this is a FREAKIN JOKE IN THIS TOWN!!

there needs to be a remedy... for the 2nd straight night....

WDAY and FOX lead off their sports with Steve Walker being Walter Payton candidate... Fox even talks about Ben Woodside being #102 in college bball and Bison Bball tryouts!

NOTHING.. ZERO.. ZILCH on ch 4 and ch 11..

HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS!!! its fargo for gods sake!!!!

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
no one cares huh??

BisonBryce
10-12-2006, 02:57 PM
when i lived in fargo..all i watched was WDAY...so i cant comment on what the other two lame channels do.

Sticks
10-12-2006, 03:27 PM
no one cares huh??

Not every one is as.....ahem...."energetic" as you.

broke_back_mnt
10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Humor is rarely effective when it has as its source another person. Some people are just like that I guess, kind of like chickens. *Nice that the pecking order is a volunteer thing. *Its a comfortable sort of smugness. *But, I digress.......

The thread, just as it is, works in our favor. *How long can they choose their coverage like that without looking like a small time station that has no connection to the big news?

But hey, we have the same problem here. *You cant even visit Bisonville without seeing the link to an entire section about our record with a school we dont even play! *A good start for us would be to get rid of that.

WYOBISONMAN
10-12-2006, 04:37 PM
DO not turn this into a UND SMACK thread......

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes, its a joke, ch 4 and 11.. why dont they freakin understand. this is FARGO... HELLO... FARGO!!!

Kato... stay outta this...i don't talk about ur stuff anymore nor will I
WYO... keep the TROLLS off our subjects!!!! dammit

roadwarrior
10-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Who watches channels 4 or 11 anyway??????????????

Scooter
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Lakesbison, you have a point. *It bugs the shit out of me that I have to stay up late on a Saturday night (I work in the early am on Sundays) and watch WDAY after their football game broadcast is over just to see descent highlights of the number one college football team in the state. *4 and 11 are lacking terribly in this area. *(UND smack self-edited)

Don't worry...if we do lose to the Gophers next weekend, you'll get 9 or 10 clips on 4 and 11 to start off the sports show.

virgfoss
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM

there needs to be a remedy... *for the 2nd straight night....

WDAY and FOX lead off their sports with Steve Walker being Walter Payton candidate... Fox even talks about Ben Woodside being #102 in college bball and Bison Bball tryouts!

NOTHING.. ZERO.. ZILCH on ch 4 and ch 11.. *

HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS!!! *its fargo for gods sake!!!!

11 did have GSU highlights on Saturday...nobody else did.
They couldn't find highlights from of Muncie or Nacodochesesdoches but
were able to get them out of Statesboro? Your ranting
must have made a difference, at least last weekend.

WYOBISONMAN
10-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Viewers ought to sent a note to the staion and raise hell. The airwaves are public and the stations are accountable to the public.......

Sticks
10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Humor is rarely effective when it has as its source another person. Some people are just like that I guess, kind of like chickens. *Nice that the pecking order is a volunteer thing. *Its a comfortable sort of smugness. *But, I digress.......
HUH? * :-? May want to proofread that first sentence....

The thread, just as it is, works in our favor. *How long can they choose their coverage like that without looking like a small time station that has no connection to the big news?
Big to whom? *I thought this whole discussion was settled between the TV stations and their airing/order of certain highlights. *Doesn't surprise me that you'd continue whine about something as petty as this.

But hey, we have the same problem here. *You cant even visit Bisonville without seeing the link to an entire section about our record with a school we dont even play! *A good start for us would be to get rid of that.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! * :'(

Yes, its a joke, ch 4 and 11.. why dont they freakin understand. this is FARGO... HELLO... FARGO!!!

Kato... stay outta this...i don't talk about ur stuff anymore nor will I
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight * * *::)

RedRiver
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Viewers ought to sent a note to the staion and raise hell. *The airwaves are public and the stations are accountable to the public.......

I agree, email the program and sports director and let them know your priorities.

mikelsch
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Not trying to be smacky at all....

KVLY and KXMB virtually ignore anything to do with NDSU and report only the bare minimum. This should not be the standard for a local station.

Flintstone
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
"11 did have GSU highlights on Saturday...nobody else did.
must have made a difference, at least last weekend."

4 and 6 also had highlights on Saturday. *Channel 4's highlight package was somewhat shorter than CH 11, but both were dwarfed by what CH 6 had. *Steve does a great job with them.

Bisonguy
10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
"11 did have GSU highlights on Saturday...nobody else did.
must have made a difference, at least last weekend."

4 and 6 also had highlights on Saturday. *Channel 4's highlight package was somewhat shorter than CH 11, but both were dwarfed by what CH 6 had. *Steve does a great job with them.

Heck yeah!

WDAY had highlights of nearly every scoring drive on the 10:00 sports on saturday night. :)

Flintstone
10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Just saw Steve and Trevor leaving the BSA - Looked like there were interviewing somebody in the coache's offices. Tune in to WDAY tonight to see.

Bisonfreak
10-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Guy's this is nothing new, they haven't given NDSU Athletics the time of day for a long time. They seem to have a love for some people up North. This situation always upsets me; are they not a Fargo based station? Get a clue 4 & 11! If you want to cover the *%$#, move your station to GF.

lakesbison
10-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Thursday Night
fox/wday.. spot about ndsu football, * wday even had tim miles interview.

kx 4 *sioux football's BIG game vs USD. (ha ha hahaha... freakin hilarious!!)

then UND hockey..

KVLy *just did same hockey plug....

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!

those stations should move.. honestly.. I've wrote to charleyj@kvlytv11.com richl@kx4.com , lynettes@kx4.com*and others.. its POINTLESS. .they are MORONS!!

Sticks
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.oldkycandy.com/catalog/images/fruitcake.jpg

Bison_Dan
10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Thursday Night
fox/wday.. spot about ndsu football, * wday even had tim miles interview.

kx 4 *sioux football's BIG game vs USD. (ha ha hahaha... freakin hilarious!!)

then UND hockey..

KVLy *just did same hockey plug....

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!

those stations should move.. honestly.. I've wrote to charleyj@kvlytv11.com richl@kx4.com , lynettes@kx4.com*and others.. its POINTLESS. .they are MORONS!!

This is one of the reasons WDAY kicks KVLY and KX4 in the ratings. They just can't seem to figure it out. They are trying to be fair to everyone and I'm sure they're trying hard not to be called a NDSU or Fargo station so as to offend gf viewers. Does everyone know that KVLY owns KX4?

broke_back_mnt
10-14-2006, 09:37 PM
They have a loser to lead off their sports this week!! This might get to be a problem for them as the season wears on.

TheBisonator
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
They have a loser to lead off their sports this week!! * This might get to be a problem for them as the season wears on.

It was our homecoming, and we beat a fellow I-AA team 45-0. UND was on the road and lost to a fellow DII team. There's NO WAY 4 and 11 will lead off with the UND game today.

Mr._Bill
10-14-2006, 11:51 PM
They can go ahead and give the Sioux football game today all the coverage they want. That would be fine with me.

kchats
10-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I noticed that KVLY 11 pays for advertising on the dmoe video boards. ::)

sambini
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Just watch Fox or WDAY enough said+++++++++

Flintstone
10-15-2006, 03:25 AM
KX4 leads off with Susie Hooooookey :P

They actually did a pretty good job with highlights and an interview with Bohl

NDSUstudent
10-15-2006, 03:32 AM
KX4 leads off with Susie Hooooookey :P

They actually did a pretty good job with highlights and an interview with Bohl

The Gophers get crushed and his comment is that they will have a chip on their shoulder when NDSU comes into town. Of course they might but isn't KX4 a hometown station, how about saying NDSU might have a chance.

No_Skill
10-15-2006, 03:52 AM
What will they say if we win? The Gopher had an off day and let one slip by the goalie?

OOOOH, a hockey reference...slobber slobber drool drool Man I love UND Hockey...Did you know they play in DI. DI no -AA. WOW. Let me get on my knees and suck like a circus seal.

02Bison
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM

there needs to be a remedy... *for the 2nd straight night....

NOTHING.. ZERO.. ZILCH on ch 4 and ch 11.. *

HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS!!! *its fargo for gods sake!!!!

WDAY has the media contract for the Bison so that's why you see much more extensive coverage of the Bison on WDAY. Who cares about channel 4 or 11. WDAY is the station with extensive coverage of the HERD in the FM area and I am glad that's the case.

sambini
10-16-2006, 02:12 AM
fOX DOES A VERY GOOD JOB TOO. THEY WERE AT THE VOLLEYBALL MATCH TODAY.+++++++++++++++

Bisonguy
10-16-2006, 03:29 AM
WOW, WDAY will have a feature on NDSU every night this week leading up to the game!!

FargoSiouxFan
10-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Consider the source, 4 and 11 are and always have been the laughing stock of networks in this town.
Even though Fox is the new kid in town, they make 4 and 11 look pathetic, and WDAY is clearly the best station in town. Part of the reason is that GF doesn't have its own CBS or NBC affiliate (hence 4 and 11 are the GF affiliate as well), but that still isn't an excuse.
As far as this week's WDAY coverage of the Gopher game, I am looking forward to it. At least one area network understands what the big story is.
Did anyone happen to catch that senile goofball Sid Hartman on the radio today? I was in Madison for the Sioux hockey games this weekend, and heard it as I was coming back through Minneapolis today. I would say about three-fourths of the callers wanted to talk about the UM-NDSU game, and all Sid would say is 40-0 before he hung up on them. This is the same guy that two years ago told a caller from Fargo that the Gophers would never consider playing the Bison, and if they did, "the Gophers would win 200 to nothing." The best caller of the day introduced himself as a Gopher fan, and then said Sid hasn't sounded this sure of anything since he guaranteed the Twins wouldn't catch the Tigers or White Sox earlier this year. This drew a laugh from me, and caused Sid to hang up on the poor guy. Sid also guaranteed that the Bison won't even come close in basketball this year when they play the Gophers.
Realistically, I understand NDSU's chances aren't very good, but this is one UND alum that would gladly take a Sioux loss to USD for a Bison win. Growing up in Fargo, I am a Bison fan every time they play a game against anyone other than the Sioux (a moot point these last few years).
I hope you guys realize that there are some Sioux fans out there that aren't completely clueless, and that are pulling for the Bison. I'll be in front of my TV next weekend cheering on what is truly THE university of all North Dakotans this week. GO BISON!