PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Bison Preseason Awards

ndsubison1
04-26-2014, 04:44 AM
Before the spring game these are my preseason Bison awards for the 2014 season.

Offensive MVP: John Crockett
Defensive MVP: Carlton Littlejohn
Most Improved Offensive Player: Carey Woods
Most Improved Defensive Player: Esley Thorton
Offensive Newcomer of the Year (No previous snaps played for NDSU): King Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year (Same): Chris Board

SamsRams
04-26-2014, 04:59 AM
Offensive MVP: Wentz
Defensive MVP: Emmanuel
Most Improved Offensive Player: Woods
Most Improved Defensive Player: Champion
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Tanguay

reformedUNDfan
04-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Offensive MVP:
Defensive MVP: Dudzik
Most Improved Offensive Player: Gebhart
Most Improved Defensive Player: Thorton
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Tanguay

bison_by_blood
04-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Off. Vraa
Def. Heagle
Improved Off. Morlock
Improved Def. CJ Smith
New Off. Plankers
New Def. Dempsey

344Johnson
04-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Off: Crockett
Def: Heags
MIOP: Woods
MIDP: Thorton
ONY: Frazier
DNY: Tanguay

Herd890
04-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Defensive MVP: Colten Heagle
Most Improved Offensive Player: Carey Woods
Most Improved Defensive Player: Mike Hardie
Offensive Newcomer of the Year (No previous snaps played for NDSU): Tyler Wrice
Defensive Newcomer of the Year (Same): Nate Tanguay/Trey Dempsey

HerdBoy
04-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Most Improved Offensive Player: Jeff Illies
Most Improved Defensive Player: Nick DeLuca
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: King Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Kurt Mattox

BisonNeil
04-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Most Improved Offensive Player: Jeff Illies
Most Improved Defensive Player: Nick DeLuca
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: King Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Kurt Mattox

Good call!

HandoEX
04-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Defensive MVP: Travis Beck
Most Improved Offensive Player: Eric Perkins
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: Marcus Collins
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Austin Farnlof

reformedUNDfan
04-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Defensive MVP: Travis Beck
Most Improved Offensive Player: Eric Perkins
Offensive Newcomer of the Year: Marcus Collins
Defensive Newcomer of the Year: Austin Farnlof

is collins expected to play this year? the team is loaded at TE this year it seems

unbison
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
He didn't early enroll to redshirt

Jay
04-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Offensive MVP: Wentz
Defensive MVP: Littlejohn
Most Improved Offensive Player: Woods
Most Improved Defensive Player: Thorton
Offensive Newcomer of the Year (No previous snaps played for NDSU): Frazier
Defensive Newcomer of the Year (Same): Tanguay

CAS4127
04-27-2014, 03:04 PM
After yesterday I hope Wentz is most improved and newcomer. If he plays like that against ISU, we lose for sure. Our starting QB may change during Montana game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
04-27-2014, 03:23 PM
After yesterday I hope Wentz is most improved and newcomer. If he plays like that against ISU, we lose for sure. Our starting QB may change during Montana game.

I'm not worried. Wentz needs to improve, no doubt, but he knows he needs to pick up the pace based on his quote in todays Forum. He isn't going to be Jensen out of the shoot, but neither is anybody else.

But what do you expect? Bohl never did shit to develop a back up QB. He always played the starters until the game was way out of control, almost over, and there wasn't even decent mop up duty for the back up. Wentz just needs some real time football. Unfortunately, his first real game experience will be against ISU.

DORMIE
04-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Good comment yesterday on TV that Jensen was able to do a lot of things because he had a capable backup in Wentz. Wentz is in the same situation that Mertens was, not a lot of snaps in Walkers last year. He was not able to do anything as he did not have a capable backup.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
No one can deny that Wentz has a great arm. Will he have that connection with his receivers by Aug30th and what can he do to improve this??

tjamz
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM

Agreed, I'm not counting Wentz out at this point, but McGinnis looked better yesterday in my opinion. Cole Davis looked pretty good as well in the limited snaps he took.

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;862545]After yesterday I hope Wentz is most improved and newcomer. If he plays like that against ISU, we lose for sure. Our starting QB may change during Montana game

Klieman saw the isu coaches at game and told carson to take it easy he will probably rush for 200 yds against isu. What qb has looked good playing against bison defense?

BlueBisonRock
04-27-2014, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;862545]After yesterday I hope Wentz is most improved and newcomer. If he plays like that against ISU, we lose for sure. Our starting QB may change during Montana game

Klieman saw the isu coaches at game and told carson to take it easy he will probably rush for 200 yds against isu. What qb has looked good playing against bison defense?

My guess is the ISU coaches were evaluating changing the game venue to the Fargodome.

HerdBot
04-27-2014, 07:02 PM

Not worried about Wentz. That was pretty vanilla. Seems like the defense is always ahead of the offense in the spring anyway and the # of backups was huge. Brock never had great spring games either. I'm actually a bit more concerned about the run defense. At times we gouged the defense. Not sure if that was due to backups being out of position, lack of starters, or getting beat

OrygunBison
04-27-2014, 08:28 PM
No one can deny that Wentz has a great arm.

Mertens had a fucking rocket of an arm.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Mertens had a fucking rocket of an arm.
Yes he did and he was a good athlete. How wentz uses his talents will be the test.

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Not worried about Wentz. That was pretty vanilla. Seems like the defense is always ahead of the offense in the spring anyway and the # of backups was huge. Brock never had great spring games either. I'm actually a bit more concerned about the run defense. At times we gouged the defense. Not sure if that was due to backups being out of position, lack of starters, or getting beat

That may be but it doesn't explain the bad missed throws or the INT that was a horrible decision.

I'm cautiously optimistic that he and the receivers will be in better sync by the ISU game.

NorthernBison
04-27-2014, 09:48 PM
That may be but it doesn't explain the bad missed throws or the INT that was a horrible decision.

I'm cautiously optimistic that he and the receivers will be in better sync by the ISU game.

FYI, there were some open receivers that he missed. However, a deep throw to a covered receiver that is off by 10-20 yards is not a miss. Those are intentional. Throw it away and line up for the next play.

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
FYI, there were some open receivers that he missed. However, a deep throw to a covered receiver that is off by 10-20 yards is not a miss. Those are intentional. Throw it away and line up for the next play.

I agree and yes there were a couple that he obviously threw away but most of them were either poor throws or miscues by the qb, receiver or both.

ndsubison1
04-27-2014, 10:33 PM

i agree for the most part. i think we are good enough to overcome a less than average performance from him against a team like ISU but he needs to be adequate at least on 3rd down. something jensen was good at

CAS4127
04-27-2014, 10:42 PM
i agree for the most part. i think we are good enough to overcome a less than average performance from him against a team like ISU but he needs to be adequate at least on 3rd down. something jensen was good at

My concerns on Wentz stem from two "touch" passes where TE had his man beat up the sidelines and safeties had been sucked in by WR on other side of field. Wentz just flat out over threw those two (one my have not been TE). Those are the types of passes that he must make in a Spring game while in accepting environment and one hopes are made in hostile environment like Ames. He missed them "at home" and now I am suspect.

BisonNation11
04-28-2014, 02:59 AM
Pressure creates diamonds boys. You're going to tell me any of you performed your best in a situation that didn't matter at the end of the day? We must realize this is a new offense to everyone no matter how similar it may be with someone new calling the shots. It's going to take time and the only way we'll see how good everyone is will be in Ames. I'm optimistic about the future and the offensive weapons we possess.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
bump......

bisonmike2
08-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Fan of the Year: El Chapo
Runner Up: Lakes

mtoutfitter
08-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Fan of the Year: El Chapo
Runner Up: Lakes

Don't forget alternate runner up.......Strongman!