PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ ISU Cyclones preview........

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

JustinTyem
04-22-2014, 12:46 AM
The Iowa State football team has another brutal season ahead, and it doesn’t help that they face another challenging FCS opponent. http://clonesconfidential.com/2014/04/19/iowa-state-cyclones-football-preview-getting-know-north-dakota-state-bison/

scottietohottie
04-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Iowa State will probably buy out game they don't want to play the bison.

ZHerd
04-22-2014, 01:01 AM
They must be afraid of us if they really think Vraa averaged 17.8 catches per game :D

MinotBison
04-22-2014, 01:07 AM
Is ISU throwing in the towel already, or are the Bison just being set up?

HerdBoy
04-22-2014, 01:11 AM
They must be afraid of us if they really think Vraa averaged 17.8 catches per game :D

Yeah. 17.8 catches and 79.4 yards per game. That's only 4.5 yards per catch. Zach needs to get down field a bit more.

:)

MNLonghorn10
04-22-2014, 01:15 AM
ISU is a joke. they're a perennial bottom feeder in the Big 12 for football. NDSU had these guys on the ropes back in 2008 during a 3-8 year if mertens doesn't fumble on the 1 yard line.

Post bohl-NDSU will be out with a chip on their shoulder. I'll be back in the summer for an official prediction as I look closer at the two teams.

ndsubison1
04-22-2014, 01:39 AM
we should win this

NDSU1980
04-22-2014, 01:47 AM
ISU is a joke. they're a perennial bottom feeder in the Big 12 for football. NDSU had these guys on the ropes back in 2008 during a 3-8 year if mertens doesn't fumble on the 1 yard line.

Post bohl-NDSU will be out with a chip on their shoulder. I'll be back in the summer for an official prediction as I look closer at the two teams.The Mertens debacle against ISU came in 2009. Please don't confuse this game with all the other Mertens debacles from 2008.

SoCalBison
04-22-2014, 01:56 AM
Love it! Let's Go Bison!

westnodak93bison
04-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Funny thing is the clowns will still overlook the Bison. After all they are in the Big 12. Our boys will come out on fire!

StL Bison Fan
04-22-2014, 02:29 AM
Funny thing is the clowns will still overlook the Bison. After all they are in the Big 12. Our boys will come out on fire!

I tend to agree with this line of thinking...

ndsubison1
04-22-2014, 02:34 AM

theyll see all of the seniors gone and assume we wont be very good again

westnodak93bison
04-22-2014, 02:37 AM
theyll see all of the seniors gone and assume we wont be very good again

Yep, then they will get their teeth kicked in and roll over. The excuse will be that they over looked the Bison.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
04-22-2014, 02:46 AM
Yep, then they will get kicked their teeth kicked in and roll over. The excuse will be that they over looked the Bison.

and worst ISU team ever. and didnt open playbook. and they were too focused on big xii play. and...

HandoEX
04-22-2014, 03:40 AM
I think ISU fans see reality: NDSU is the better team without question.

ndsubison1
04-22-2014, 03:43 AM

way more than KSU but most will see we lost a lot and assume they will win because of it

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
04-22-2014, 04:01 AM
The Mertens debacle against ISU came in 2009. Please don't confuse this game with all the other Mertens debacles from 2008.

LOL, if anyone could find a way to lose a game for us................... :facepalm:

stevdock
04-22-2014, 11:51 AM
LOL, if anyone could find a way to lose a game for us................... :facepalm:

Over the last 10-15 years on this board, has any player taken more crap than Mertens?? The kid gave everything he had to this university, but still gets brought up all the time 5 years later. There were many reasons why the teams of 08 and 09 underperformed and Mertens was just one piece of that.

MNLonghorn10
04-22-2014, 01:15 PM
The Mertens debacle against ISU came in 2009. Please don't confuse this game with all the other Mertens debacles from 2008.

Apologies. Those abortions can be easily mixed up

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Over the last 10-15 years on this board, has any player taken more crap than Mertens?? The kid gave everything he had to this university, but still gets brought up all the time 5 years later. There were many reasons why the teams of 08 and 09 underperformed and Mertens was just one piece of that.

Agreed. It's pretty sad to keep throwing one kid under the bus.

Bisonator98
04-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Yeah they've basically just resorted to the state smack, as if Iowa is that much better, pig shit and all!

ZHerd
04-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah they've basically just resorted to the state smack, as if Iowa is that much better, pig shit and all!

I bet Lakes likely started the state smack though on their forum. I meander over there on occasion because its kinda entertaining

MNLonghorn10
04-22-2014, 04:24 PM
I bet Lakes likely started the state smack though on their forum. I meander over there on occasion because its kinda entertaining

He's done an absolute fine job over there, again. Lakes is the face of bisonation. Whatever he says has been spot on. Job well done again. Look forward to his banter with cyclone fans all summer long

ZHerd
04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
He's done an absolute fine job over there, again. Lakes is the face of bisonation. Whatever he says has been spot on. Job well done again. Look forward to his banter with cyclone fans all summer long

Wait...can't we hold elections for that position? Agreed though that it will be summer long entertainment.

mnriverbison
04-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Yep, then they will get their teeth kicked in and roll over. The excuse will be that they over looked the Bison.

In consecutive posts you've said that those clowns will overlook the Bison, and then that fact will only be an excuse.

Which do you think it will be?

westnodak93bison
04-22-2014, 06:02 PM
In consecutive posts you've said that those clowns will overlook the Bison, and then that fact will only be an excuse.

Both

MNLonghorn10
04-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Wait...can't we hold elections for that position? Agreed though that it will be summer long entertainment.

You missed em.

THEsocalledfan
04-22-2014, 06:24 PM

Oh, I am SOOOO looking forward to our preemptive excuses thread; that was a pre-K state classic.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
04-22-2014, 06:27 PM

LOL, Steve Walker at QB in '08 and we win a national championship.

At any rate, Mertens was just extra special shitty, that is why his name pops up from time to time.

ZHerd
04-22-2014, 06:28 PM
You missed em.

Ok fine...just a bunch of hanging Chads anyways ;)

gumby013
04-22-2014, 07:07 PM
I was happy to see that ISU hasn't heard about how we travel.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=897730

We get the lowest ticket prices of the year. NICE!

SDbison
04-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Ha ha.........just noticed Kansas State will be in Ames the week after the NDSU game. I suppose they are happy to know the Bison will work over the Cyclones before their game! At the same time it will be haunting for Kansas State players to watch video of the Bison beating their next opponent.

56BISON73
04-22-2014, 07:48 PM
I was happy to see that ISU hasn't heard about how we travel.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=897730

We get the lowest ticket prices of the year. NICE!

Weve been there before.:biggrin:

gumby013
04-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Weve been there before.:biggrin:

Oh, I know. But out traveling base is far larger than it was in 2009. They haven't realized that.

56BISON73
04-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Oh, I know. But out traveling base is far larger than it was in 2009. They haven't realized that.

They havent?

gumby013
04-22-2014, 08:06 PM
They havent?

If they had, we wouldn't be the cheapest ticket of the year.

56BISON73
04-22-2014, 08:20 PM
If they had, we wouldn't be the cheapest ticket of the year.

They are very aware of how we travel. According to ISU ticket office if you were wondering.

BlueBisonRock
04-22-2014, 08:36 PM

At any rate, Mertens was just extra special shitty, that is why his name pops up from time to time.

To be honest, our D was giving up close to 29 points each game in 2009. Warn't all Mr. M. Still was a miserable year.

SDbison
04-22-2014, 08:49 PM
To be honest, our D was giving up close to 29 points each game in 2009. Warn't all Mr. M. Still was a miserable year. Lots of 3 and outs, turnovers, etc. caused the defense to be on the field way too much. Not saying the defense was great back then, but they were not horrible either.

westnodak93bison
04-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Lots of 3 and outs, turnovers, etc. caused the defense to be on the field way too much. Not saying the defense was great back then, but they were not horrible either.

QB had NO depth so the staff would not let Nick run.

BisonFan02
04-22-2014, 10:08 PM

I'm speechless with this post.

SamsRams
04-22-2014, 10:12 PM
They are very aware of how we travel. According to ISU ticket office if you were wondering.

i agree with Gumby, if they knew NDSU fans traveled so well and that this will be the first game to sell out they would have tickets on par with their Big 12 games.

56BISON73
04-22-2014, 10:39 PM
i agree with Gumby, if they knew NDSU fans traveled so well and that this will be the first game to sell out they would have tickets on par with their Big 12 games.

Ive had three conversations with people in the tix office. You can believe what you wish.

SamsRams
04-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Ive had three conversations with people in the tix office. You can believe what you wish.

You also had conversations with KSU ticket office saying there would be no issue getting groups of tickets through them for the game last year. But for the sake of this debate lets believe they actually believe what they are telling you. I would love to know why a game where they know the opposing team travels as good as any team on their schedule and is expected to sell out shortly after the tickets go on sale is the cheapest ticket they have for sale.

I dont specialize in economics so maybe you could help shed some light on this

ndsubison1
04-22-2014, 11:09 PM

Probably telling you what you want to hear :D

56BISON73
04-22-2014, 11:22 PM
You also had conversations with KSU ticket office saying there would be no issue getting groups of tickets through them for the game last year. But for the sake of this debate lets believe they actually believe what they are telling you. I would love to know why a game where they know the opposing team travels as good as any team on their schedule and is expected to sell out shortly after the tickets go on sale is the cheapest ticket they have for sale.

I dont specialize in economics so maybe you could help shed some light on this

You dont know what the demand is for ISU tickets. They do. There is no guarantee that this game is going to sell out just because we are in this game. May be they have cheap tickets for this game because they are trying to attract fans to the game?
FYI according to the director of group sales there have been NUMEROUS inquiries on blocks of tickets. FYI--They get cheaper the more you buy.

But if you would like a more definitive answer may I suggest you give them a call.

SamsRams
04-22-2014, 11:43 PM
You dont know what the demand is for ISU tickets. They do. There is no guarantee that this game is going to sell out just because we are in this game. May be they have cheap tickets for this game because they are trying to attract fans to the game?
FYI according to the director of group sales there have been NUMEROUS inquiries on blocks of tickets. FYI--They get cheaper the more you buy.

But if you would like a more definitive answer may I suggest you give them a call.

Did that last time you were given the same song and dance by Kansas State. Was given the same answer you were given and then found out it was a big lie the whole time.......or the people running the ticket office have their heads so far up their own ass they dont know what they are actually selling.

From my talks with Iowa State fans, all they do is sell out games.......regardless of opponent. But according to you, they dont expect this game to sell out unless they sell tickets for cheap.

PL I love you and all the help you give on situations like this and it is not my attempt to attack your info. I am however trying to tell you that these clowns have no idea what they are talking about.
This is their season opener against a team that blew the doors of of Kansas State new stadium attendance record. This game and Kansas State game will sell out the fastest.

Lets be honest though, the only reason this game might not be very attractive to ISU fans is they know they are going to lose. If you can get the ticket office guy to admit this then he may have a valid point. All other reasons are horse poop

ndsubison1
04-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Maybe they are going off 2009?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
04-23-2014, 12:11 AM
To be honest, our D was giving up close to 29 points each game in 2009. Warn't all Mr. M. Still was a miserable year.

I actually said '08. In '09 the whole team stank.

But, that is all behind us now. Time to redeem ourselves from '09 and beat the perennial doormat of the Big XII.

NDSU1980
04-23-2014, 02:30 AM
To be honest, our D was giving up close to 29 points each game in 2009. Warn't all Mr. M. Still was a miserable year.But on the other hand, as soon as Mertens left town, our fortunes changed. We haven't lost an FBS game and only lost one playoff game in 4 years while collecting 3 Natties. Not a coincidence IMO.

semobison
04-23-2014, 03:16 AM
But on the other hand, as soon as Mertens left town, our fortunes changed. We haven't lost an FBS game and only lost one playoff game in 4 years while collecting 3 Natties. Not a coincidence IMO.

So our 08 and 09 troubles were all because of this one player? Wow! The coaching staff did the recruiting and we did not have a division I caliber QB on the roster those two seasons. If the coaching staff would have done their job, once player A didn't work out you plug in player B. We didn't have that option, the player was hung out to dry and the fans blame all of the troubles we had to this day on this player! The coaching staff learned a hard lesson from that experience!

westnodak93bison
04-23-2014, 03:59 AM
Would people shut the f up about Nick please. Only the misinformed or delusional could blame two sub par Bison years on one guy who had NO back ups.

56BISON73
04-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Did that last time you were given the same song and dance by Kansas State. Was given the same answer you were given and then found out it was a big lie the whole time.......or the people running the ticket office have their heads so far up their own ass they dont know what they are actually selling.

From my talks with Iowa State fans, all they do is sell out games.......regardless of opponent. But according to you, they dont expect this game to sell out unless they sell tickets for cheap.

PL I love you and all the help you give on situations like this and it is not my attempt to attack your info. I am however trying to tell you that these clowns have no idea what they are talking about.
This is their season opener against a team that blew the doors of of Kansas State new stadium attendance record. This game and Kansas State game will sell out the fastest.

Lets be honest though, the only reason this game might not be very attractive to ISU fans is they know they are going to lose. If you can get the ticket office guy to admit this then he may have a valid point. All other reasons are horse poop

It makes no difference to me if they are BSing me or not. I know that any tickets for group ticket sales will be determined on whats left after season ticket sales are completed.

GOBISON123
04-23-2014, 05:03 AM
Fools and fanatics are always overconfident, Wise people are full of doubts........Bertrand Russell

Lets slow down, Iowa state is no Ferris Bull Dogs.

BisonNeil
04-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Well, several errors in what you wrote. K State's game with NDSU was the second highest attendance in history not the first. Second, why would you trust some bullshit ISU fans rather than PL's university people? You are kidding right? I checked ISU football site and they did not sell out the Texas, Oklahoma State, or TCU games. You can really be full of yourself sometimes Sams.

Bison55
04-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Making Mertens the sole reason for a couple of bad seasons is as ridiculous as making Jensen the sole reason for 3 national championships.

MNLonghorn10
04-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Making Mertens the sole reason for a couple of bad seasons is as ridiculous as making Jensen the sole reason for 3 national championships.

And green bay wins a super bowl without Aaron Rodgers, right?

Quarterback is the most important position in any sport. If you suck at your job, chances are your team will follow suit more often than not

NDSU1980
04-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Would people shut the f up about Nick please. Only the misinformed or delusional could blame two sub par Bison years on one guy who had NO back ups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TapatalkBut we had a backup and he stood on the sidelines for 18 games while 12 of those games got fumbled away. That same backup went down to Kansas and showed enough leadership to win the opening game in 2010 and we've been rolling ever since.

As I've said before, those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

mnriverbison
04-23-2014, 01:16 PM

Quarterback is the most important position in any sport. If you suck at your job, chances are your team will follow suit more often than not

That's a true statement, but the fact that it is true doesn't mean that it is universally applicable. The QB may be the most important of the 22 starters, but good QBs have played for mediocre teams and vice versa.

Bisonville remains the leader for spoiled fans. We're really looking back on years where the team wasn't a national power and insisting that there was some terrible reason for it? Almost no teams have the run we just had. That is the outlier boys, results less than that are indeed the norm. God help us when we start seeing mean regression in our results.

westnodak93bison
04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
But we had a backup and he stood on the sidelines for 18 games while 12 of those games got fumbled away. That same backup went down to Kansas and showed enough leadership to win the opening game in 2010 and we've been rolling ever since.

As I've said before, those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

And the staff had no confidence in Jose. I suppose that is Nick's fault? Jose couldn't even cut it at d2.

NDSU_grad
04-23-2014, 01:30 PM
But we had a backup and he stood on the sidelines for 18 games while 12 of those games got fumbled away. That same backup went down to Kansas and showed enough leadership to win the opening game in 2010 and we've been rolling ever since.

Nick Mertens was 10X the player and leader than Jose Mohler was. He was such a leader he bailed when things didn't go his way.

MNLonghorn10
04-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Jose was the man. Dude turned the program around after the stunning win at Kansas.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
04-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Nick Mertens was 10X the player and leader than Jose Mohler was. He was such a leader he bailed when things didn't go his way.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Solid gold statement right there. I don't think the worst QB in Bison history could ever be called 10X the player of anyone.

But, enough of that, its over with. Lets get back to talking about beating the Big XII cellar dweller clowns.

Bison55
04-23-2014, 04:07 PM

A lot of team have won super bowls without great QBs likeRodgers- my point is that its a team sport where a lot of pieces need to work well - not just one player deserves all the blame or all the credit

Bisonator98
04-23-2014, 04:52 PM

So Dilfer was the reason the Ravens won their first SB???:rofl:

Bisonator98
04-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Jose was the man. Dude turned the program around after the stunning win at Kansas.

:rofl::rofl:

NDSU_grad
04-23-2014, 05:02 PM

Solid gold statement right there. I don't think the worst QB in Bison history could ever be called 10X the player of anyone.

But, enough of that, its over with. Lets get back to talking about beating the Big XII cellar dweller clowns.
He's not even the worst starting qb of the 2000's.

MNLonghorn10
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
A lot of team have won super bowls without great QBs likeRodgers- my point is that its a team sport where a lot of pieces need to work well - not just one player deserves all the blame or all the credit

Like who...I bet your first thought is the ravens with dilfer.

MNLonghorn10
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
So Dilfer was the reason the Ravens won their first SB???:rofl:

Shocking response. Mertens was good enough to go what, 13-1 in the playoffs then right?

ZHerd
04-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Going with Longhorn on this one. The Ravens D that year was as good as it gets. That D was as likely to score as the offenses they faced. Any qb that didn't give the game away with TO's would have won a Super Bowl...not so with Green Bay

Bison55
04-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Like who...I bet your first thought is the ravens with dilfer.

uh OK.... you got me there ... I guess... :confused: Yeah Dilfer was probably the first one I thought of, but I also wouldn't put Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, or even Eli Manning in the same class as Rodgers.... but whatever... just my opinion

also think about how many teams that haven't won a lot even though they have had great QB's

my point again was... that it's a team sport and IMO one person doesn't win or lose a whole season

so before this thread goes to the Hall of Shame- I predict NDSU 20.....ISU 17 :biggrin:

Bison bison
04-23-2014, 08:26 PM

This.

Most important player in football: quarterback.
Most important player in baseball: quarterback.
Most important player in tennis: quarterback.

scottietohottie
04-23-2014, 08:30 PM
I predict NDSU 52.....ISU 3

Bison bison
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
You know what they say about predictions.

They make a dick out of um people who drive priususes.

A1pigskin
04-25-2014, 01:02 AM
When do tickets go on sale?

gumby013
04-25-2014, 01:31 AM
When do tickets go on sale?

Don't know about the ISU ticket date...

But requests for the NDSU allotment start on May 1st.

Hammerhead
04-25-2014, 02:25 PM
And Dan Marino was just a slightly above average NFL quarterback because he never won a Superbowl...

uh OK.... you got me there ... I guess... :confused: Yeah Dilfer was probably the first one I thought of, but I also wouldn't put Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, or even Eli Manning in the same class as Rodgers.... but whatever... just my opinion

also think about how many teams that haven't won a lot even though they have had great QB's

my point again was... that it's a team sport and IMO one person doesn't win or lose a whole season

so before this thread goes to the Hall of Shame- I predict NDSU 20.....ISU 17 :biggrin:

runtheoption
04-25-2014, 02:55 PM
This.

Most important player in football: quarterback.
Most important player in baseball: quarterback.
Most important player in tennis: quarterback.
...What about curling? Jai alai? NASCAR pit crew?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
My predicction: low scoring, both teams start slow offensively but defense is great for us once again.

Bison- 21
ISU- 17

ZHerd
04-25-2014, 03:13 PM
My predicction: low scoring, both teams start slow offensively but defense is great for us once again.

Bison- 21
ISU- 17

Nope, they bring their basketball team out at halftime which fires up half the state of Iowa and gives them motivation to score an extra point. Final Bison 21 ISU 18...don't ask how one point, it doesn't matter

Bison bison
04-25-2014, 05:09 PM
What about curling? Jai alai? NASCAR pit crew?

All sports baby!!!

CAS4127
04-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I worry that Bison fans have a short memory. http://bit.ly/PAzrjw (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FPAzrjw&h=jAQEgw9nl&enc=AZOqX1S2gSwgYKav074nlMqqeL18EMOuovxAsSCCJbfZy8 mvrpLFpFAO4qE0S-YLVetanC_3e6hRaFThEvpdcoQYCMfJ9suQ5hVV3k-grg1OWug8_d6VRjFCy2tzue5heB6yBlFHHl1xt_lIOMRDXFFO&s=1)

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQBb3_uDOq2imC3S&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.mwcradio.com%2Fpodblogs%2Fu ploads%2FCarson_Wentz.jpg&cfs=1&upscale
(http://bit.ly/PAzrjw)
An Unenviable Task (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FPAzrjw&h=QAQHmihpi&s=1)
Carson Wentz stands six feet five inches and weighs in at 222 pounds. He has red hair, a big smile and has the most unenviable task on the North Dakota State University campus. He ...
KFGO.COM|BY MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS INC.

bri-dog
04-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Okay, I know this is picky -- but the media types are all still saying we lost 24 seniors. With Vaadeland coming back, isn't it 23? Or am I wrong?...

mtoutfitter
04-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Link doesn't work for me Charlie.

P.S. Sent messages to your regular email....get em??

bisonboone11
04-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Link doesn't work for me Charlie.

P.S. Sent messages to your regular email....get em??

http://kfgo.com/blogs/the-pinto-and-white-shadow-show-blog/983/an-unenviable-task/ Does this one work?

NDSU1980
04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
http://kfgo.com/blogs/the-pinto-and-white-shadow-show-blog/983/an-unenviable-task/ Does this one work?Wentz is no Mertens, so I think we can lay that theory to rest.

Bisonator98
04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
http://kfgo.com/blogs/the-pinto-and-white-shadow-show-blog/983/an-unenviable-task/ Does this one work?

Wait a minute, isn't this the same clown that said Brock was overrated??? :facepalm:

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the hindsight pinto.

cbline
04-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Wentz is no Mertens, so I think we can lay that theory to rest.

And Pinto is no Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrow either!

Hail bison
04-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Typical KFGO personality and Mcweenie understudy. Make outlandish comments to sell your brand. Stupid effing kid

KSBisonFan
04-25-2014, 06:42 PM
The legend of Carson Wentz begins with a game winning drive in Ames. Mark it down.

gumby013
04-25-2014, 06:44 PM
The legend of Carson Wentz begins with a game winning drive in Ames. Mark it down.

Tough to have a game winning drive if we are running the clock out up by 24.

KSBisonFan
04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Tough to have a game winning drive if we are running the clock out up by 24.

Good point. Did I mention the game winning drive happened in the first quarter?

bisonmike2
04-25-2014, 06:45 PM

I hope it goes down like this.

The legend of Carson Wentz begins in Ames as he gets the only points the Bison would ever need when he drives them down for a touchdown on the opening drive. Carson would go on to throw 4 additional TD's that day as the Bison hammered ISU 63-0.

bison_by_blood
04-25-2014, 08:58 PM
"One thing going for Wentz that Mertens didn't have was overall team expectations. In 2008, the Bison started the season as the number two team in the nation. Many people felt that NDSU was going to make the playoffs and possibly get to the national title."

"This season, Wentz will go in with team expectations somewhat tempered. Losing 24 seniors from the most dominating team in FCS history will do that to a fan base."

We are most likely going to start this season #1 or #2 in the preseason poll. Expectations are to win a 4th NC. Not even close to that level of confidence back in 2008. There is absolutely more pressure on Wentz to succeed. And he will be way better prepared to handle it. I don't appreciate this ass hat presuming to speak for what our fan base thinks.

CAS4127
04-25-2014, 09:00 PM
"One thing going for Wentz that Mertens didn't have was overall team expectations. In 2008, the Bison started the season as the number two team in the nation. Many people felt that NDSU was going to make the playoffs and possibly get to the national title."

"This season, Wentz will go in with team expectations somewhat tempered. Losing 24 seniors from the most dominating team in FCS history will do that to a fan base."

We are most likely going to start this season #1 or #2 in the preseason poll. Expectations are to win a 4th NC. Not even close to that level of confidence back in 2008. There is absolutely more pressure on Wentz to succeed. And he will be way better prepared to handle it. I don't appreciate this ass hat presuming to speak for what our fan base thinks.

I thought the same thing when I read the article.

56BISON73
04-25-2014, 09:09 PM

One more thing Wentz has going for him----he has people waiting behind him. Mertens had no competent backups. So he was really handcuffed in what he was allowed to do.

BisonFan02
04-25-2014, 11:46 PM
One more thing Wentz has going for him----he has people waiting behind him. Mertens had no competent backups. So he was really handcuffed in what he was allowed to do.

This....and good grief some of you guys....may have to save this thread somewhere for future use if, heaven forbid, Wentz isn't winning nattys.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 01:55 AM
prediction isu 28
ndsu 17
and lakesbison can suck a dick

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 02:00 AM
prediction isu 28
ndsu 17
and lakesbison can suck a dick

You guys can't be sick of him already!

MAKBison
04-27-2014, 02:48 AM
Someone said ISU had coaches/scouts at the game...any truth to this?

BYZEN
04-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Someone said ISU had coaches/scouts at the game...any truth to this?

sure they weren't dropping off resumes????

MAKBison
04-27-2014, 03:38 AM
Funny....I think it was Dom who mentioned it. So when does all the FCS is JV, its your Superbowl,, you could not play a season with us smack start. Gotta Think Lakes has got all the ISU sucker fans to wast their off season talking about the game somewhere. LOL

sure they weren't dropping off resumes????

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 03:44 AM
You guys can't be sick of him already!a quote from lakesbison on CF
"Those aren't Super Bowls, we expected to win all those fbs games just like this years.

2 Iowa state coaches were at the NDSU spring game...hahaha. Someone is worried"

BYZEN
04-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Funny....I think it was Dom who mentioned it. So when does all the FCS is JV, its your Superbowl,, you could not play a season with us sma:hide:ck start. Gotta Think Lakes has got all the ISU suc:facepalm2:ker fans to wast their off season talking about the game somewhere. LOL
cyclonefanatic.com/forum/member.php?u=8019
try some of these threads for lakes sightings... :banghead:

Green1
04-27-2014, 04:42 AM
a quote from lakesbison on CF
"Those aren't Super Bowls, we expected to win all those fbs games just like this years.

Well, with those kind of posts, I can see why someone such as yourself would be upset. /purple

Hail bison
04-27-2014, 05:27 AM

So what. That's offensive to you? We are supposed to bow down to Iowa State with our heads down? Who the hell are you? FBS bottom feeder. You suck a dick

yopaulie
04-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Lakes has drawn ISU fans into a 46 page thread, with 727 replies and 47,000 views, which he started two weeks before the FCS championship game. Can't make this stuff up.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182646

westnodak93bison
04-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Lakes has drawn ISU fans into a 46 page thread, with 727 replies and 47,000 views, which he started two weeks before the FCS championship game. Can't make this stuff up.

Typical FBS opponent thread. No shortage of over confidence.

ZHerd
04-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Typical FBS opponent thread. No shortage of over confidence.

I wouldn't expect anyone to start graveling at our feet and telling us how wonderful we are. Imagine if we played Florida State and their fans came on here daily over an entire summer plus, telling us how amazing they are etc. Bisonville would not give them a very pleasant spouting pad. We would eventually be ripping on them and their team regardless of what we thought the outcome would be. The one thing that bugs me about Lakes is that he exaggerates information and exaggerating is simply lying and it ruins ones credibility. I wish he would see that and get on top of it.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 02:58 PM
So what. That's offensive to you? We are supposed to bow down to Iowa State with our heads down? Who the hell are you? FBS bottom feeder. You suck a dick I would love to see the bison try to play our big 12 schedule, they would be going 2-7 every year in the big 12.

CAS4127
04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I would love to see the bison try to play our big 12 schedule, they would be going 2-7 every year in the big 12.

Wrong, we would have a better record than ISU normally has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I would love to see the bison try to play our big 12 schedule, they would be going 2-7 every year in the big 12.

Pretty sure of yourself. Yes, with 63 scholarships and recruiting to a MVFC schedule, a Big 12 schedule would be tough. Not 2-7 tough though. I think it would be different with a level playing field.

When it comes to a single game, we'll take our chances.

NovaBison
04-27-2014, 03:12 PM

LOL You forgot to call us DII... I always love when a supposed "fan" of big time football calls us DII == it pretty much shows their ignorance of College Football.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Wrong, we would have a better record than ISU normally has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lets be honest if iowa st and ndsu switched schedules with each other iowa st would go undefeated and ndsu would be lucky to win 3 games

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
So they'd be like Iowa State, 85% of the time? awesome analysis here, Kane. Now back to CF you go.

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 03:17 PM
lets be honest if iowa st and ndsu switched schedules with each other iowa st would go undefeated and ndsu would be lucky to win 3 games
I'll be honest...You lost to Northern Iowa, NDSU beat them. How do you go undefeated knowing you'll be losing to UNI?

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 03:20 PM
I'll be honest again..I was more nervous about driving to KState, Kansas & Colorado state because thats a 20+ hour round trip just to witness a loss. At least Ames is close(r) by a considerable margin so a loss to ISU won't make the drive back seem like days.

It is kinda fun to look at how NDSU would be almost 3 TD favorites coming off this last season. ISU really sucks.

ZHerd
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
lets be honest if iowa st and ndsu switched schedules with each other iowa st would go undefeated and ndsu would be lucky to win 3 games

This past year we would have beaten K-state, ISU easily, killed KU, probably have taken down TCU, West Virginia, and Texas (sorry Longhorn), and with half of our games being in our house, who knows what we could have done with the top of the field. There are very few FBS teams last year I would have been afraid of and they were not in the B12.

NorthernBison
04-27-2014, 03:35 PM

As already pointed out, we actually were unbeaten in 2013. Your team lost every game they played against teams from our conference.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I'll be honest...You lost to Northern Iowa, NDSU beat them. How do you go undefeated knowing you'll be losing to UNI? lol ur right tho we did get embarrassed last year, but honestly iowa state would shit on every team ndsu plays

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 03:40 PM
lol ur right tho we did get embarrassed last year, but honestly iowa state would shit on every team ndsu plays

who the fuck still uses "ur"? what are you, 15?

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
who the fuck still uses "ur"? what are you, 15?
lol *you're right we did get embarrassed last year, but honestly iowa state would shit on every team ndsu plays

happy?

CoachFSCB
04-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Still wrong. Try "you're right" and then I think you've got it!

bri-dog
04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
LOL -- you guys lost by 8 points at home to a 6-5 FCS team that didn't even make the playoffs. NDSU not only went undefeated, they steamrolled their way through the playoffs (4 playoff games, the CLOSEST game was 28 points)...

Hail bison
04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Still wrong. Try "you're right" and then I think you've got it!

He's from Iowa. I was satisfied with your

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
lol ur right tho we did get embarrassed last year, but honestly iowa state would shit on every team ndsu plays

I don't get what the deal is with these arguments. The big schools have more scholarships, more students, bigger stadiums... The more you try to convince me how important you are the more desperate it looks. Just like every other FBS fan this time of year, if you win you should have and if you don't you look stupid.
We have had some great fans from other teams come on here and I like reading their posts (Pards comes to mind) and then there is the fan coming to convince us why we are inferior and don't have a chance. I stay off other message boards because I find certain Bison fans,while people who clearly love the Bison, make us look foolish. Perhaps you are ISUs version of the same. Sorry to rant here but I find this tedious and a waste of a good thread.
Perhaps ISU will share a common trait of our friends up north that a famous BVer pointed out- Doing less with more.

HerdBoy
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
This past year we would have beaten K-state, ISU easily, killed KU, probably have taken down TCU, West Virginia, and Texas (sorry Longhorn), and with half of our games being in our house, who knows what we could have done with the top of the field. There are very few FBS teams last year I would have been afraid of and they were not in the B12.

NDSU probably would have beaten Texas Tech also.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 04:05 PM

This is true

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 04:28 PM
lol *you're right we did get embarrassed last year, but honestly iowa state would shit on every team ndsu plays

happy?
sounds like a dig against Kansas State, even though they routinely kick your asses

BYZEN
04-27-2014, 04:32 PM
I guess we will never know how we would do in the big 12(only 10) since we aren't in the Big 12...*

*oh come on you all know this troll job was heading to the we need an invite to go FBS thread....:offtopic:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 04:36 PM

NDSU vs Texas would've been ugly. Texas had a soft defense under Diaz until Greg Robinson took over. Plus Herp Derp(Case McCoy) wouldn't have enough derp in his herp to derp a herp the bison's top notch defense.

I think NDSU would've won, the score would NOT have been an indicator to how badly one sided the game would have been. Probably something like 30-27

Green1
04-27-2014, 04:45 PM

happy?

How can you rationalize that Iowa State would "shit on every team ndsu plays" when in the same sentence you admit that Iowa St. Was embarrassed by by a loss to a common FCS opponent (N. Iowa) ? You FBS fans live in dream world. You believe your teams play at the only level of football. It's the same old harangue about how we don't stand a chance. We have educated your kind before about high level FCS football. I guess we will have to do it again. See you in August.

Edit: I forgot to mention the thrashing I. State received to another common opponent- Kansas St. (7-41). Just another example of how you have an inflated sense of superiority over NDSU. You couldn't beat two common opponents last year but insist on Iowa St. Being the superior team. Hogwash....

THEsocalledfan
04-27-2014, 04:47 PM

Funny how the mathematical calculations I have seen completely disagree with you....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

acf2
04-27-2014, 04:59 PM
NDSU should be favored nicely going into this game and I expect they will live up to expectations.

tjamz
04-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Where was the preposterous statement in that? We did expect to win all of those games or at least be ultra competitive in them.

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 05:52 PM

What about Northen Iowa and Kansas St last year?

MAKBison
04-27-2014, 06:17 PM
LOL classic! Fools

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 06:23 PM
A quote from Cyclonefanatic:

They may very well beat us on the field, but no way in hell they can out tailgate us. We have as many people in th grass lots, as they do in their dome.

Im sure a fanbase from Fargo North Dakota, one of the drunkest cities in the country, is going to be intimidated by a bunch of turds in some podunk town/

Also i remember a group of ISU students getting their ass beat by us in survivor tippy cup back in 09. Hope they've practiced since then, it was embarrassing.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 06:38 PM
A quote from

Im sure a fanbase from Fargo North Dakota, one of the drunkest cities in the country, is going to be intimidated by a bunch of turds in some podunk town/

Also i remember a group of ISU students getting their ass beat by us in survivor tippy cup back in 09. Hope they've practiced since then, it was embarrassing.

We tailgated there last time. Of course they will beat us in the numbers dept. but I believe we have them on quality. If I remember correctly after that trip, we (the royal we meaning NDSU) decided we would never leave our lot looking like theirs.
As we walked through the lot afterwards, little kids were running around drinking from the bottles and cans. Yuk
Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be Cyclones

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 06:45 PM
I think ndsu is going to beat isu so bad that college game day is going to come back for Montana game

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

tjamz
04-27-2014, 06:52 PM
I think ndsu is going to beat isu so bad that college game day is going to come back for Montana game

I was thinking it would be so bad that College Gameday would be back to cover our bye week as that will be the toughest week on our schedule

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Can't believe game day missed spring game

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 07:17 PM
What about Northen Iowa and Kansas St last year? this years team is going to be way better, last year we had a lot of injuries. We also brought in a new OC. I really think this years team we be a lot better and how do you know you guys will be as good as last year. you lost your head coach, your star qb and plenty of other starts.

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:19 PM
We still got Travis Beck and he might use both arms this year he played with one tied behind his back last year just to be fair

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:30 PM
this years team is going to be way better, last year we had a lot of injuries. We also brought in a new OC. I really think this years team we be a lot better and how do you know you guys will be as good as last year. you lost your head coach, your star qb and plenty of other starts.

U sound like K state mask that guy felt so stupid after loss he quit posting on you tube NDSU is an elite division l football program deal with it

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 07:36 PM
U sound like K state mask that guy felt so stupid after loss he quit posting on you tube NDSU is an elite division l football program deal with it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk lol I almost just died of laughter. NDSU isn't even D1.

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Shows how much u know

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:41 PM
I didn't say FBS douche bag NDSU is just now reaping the recruiting rewards of all the national exposure! NDSU killed the kstate mask what has Iowa state done?

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Shows how much u know

FBS is big boy football and FCS is child's play
and it's you not u

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=bigdaddykane;862642]FBS is big boy football and FCS is child's play
and it's you not u[/QU
Not ISU either

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 07:45 PM
lol I almost just died of laughter. NDSU isn't even D1.

Oh. Good smack considering they beat a big 12 team in the D1 ncaa tournament

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Will someone from cf who reads this come pick up their trash?

This guy is horrible

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 07:49 PM
ISU sucks so bad that their fans have to go on little FCS forum's and talk shit cuz they can't run with the big boys see what you're saying September 1 and in January when we still playing football

Hail bison
04-27-2014, 07:52 PM
FBS is big boy football and FCS is child's play
and it's you not u

You are not Iowa and do not play "big boy" football. The big boys hand your ass to you consistently. The nature of my business requires me to deal with Iowa morons on a daily basis. No surprises here

Hail bison
04-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Will someone from cf who reads this come pick up their trash?

This guy is horrible

Why is he green again?

TAILG8R
04-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Bigdaddykane is approaching lakes level of trolling and you're all falling for it.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Why is he green again? the only reason im here is because of troll on cf and im green again because of BlueBisonRock. If you want me to leave ask the mods to ban me, thats if you guys have any mods

runtheoption
04-27-2014, 08:13 PM
the only reason im here is because of troll on cf and im green again because of BlueBisonRock. If you want me to leave ask the mods to ban me, thats if you guys have any modsIt's a free for all. Our mods are banned.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 08:14 PM
lol I almost just died of laughter. NDSU isn't even D1.

He is a picture of the little trophy we won...(and the two other ones cause they are kind of a set)
Please post a picture of the big boy trophy you won last year. Ours says NCAA DivI. What does yours say?

Hail bison
04-27-2014, 08:17 PM
the only reason im here is because of troll on cf and im green again because of BlueBisonRock. If you want me to leave ask the mods to ban me, thats if you guys have any mods

So you neg rep me. Then you have to give pos rep to others so you can neg me again with the comment, "I don't like you". It hurts that you don't like me. Don't you get the news in Iowa? Haven't you heard about how bullying has become a serious problem in America?

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 08:20 PM
He is a picture of the little trophy we won...(and the two other ones cause they are kind of a set)
Please post a picture of the big boy trophy you won last year. Ours says NCAA DivI. What does yours say?
looks like a big 12 championships trophy to me

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 08:27 PM
It's a free for all. Our mods are banned.
no mods really? So i cant get banned, i guess you will be seeing more of me in the future.

NovaBison
04-27-2014, 08:41 PM
lol I almost just died of laughter. NDSU isn't even D1.'

I called it earlier... the trolls always say we are not even D1... Obviously Kane knows absolutely nothing about college football.

Green1
04-27-2014, 08:44 PM
no mods really? So i cant get banned, i guess you will be seeing more of me in the future.

Yep. No mods here. We have people standing in parking lots drinking during frigid weather, people flying on airplanes without buying tickets, torturing of fans from a small community college to the north of us and loud mouth blowhards telling us how great their crappy football team is. Yep, all kinds of unnatural shit.

I guess we should think about getting a mod...

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 08:44 PM
'

I called it earlier... the trolls always say we are not even D1... Obviously Kane knows absolutely nothing about college football.

like i said FBS is real D1 football. FCS doesnt even come close to the level of play in FBS

Kermit
04-27-2014, 08:48 PM
like i said FBS is real D1 football. FCS doesnt even come close to the level of play in FBS

Yawn. The only relevant question is can NDSU play with Iowa State? You are worried for a host of good reasons. The Bison are coming!

NDSU1980
04-27-2014, 08:48 PM
the only reason im here is because of troll on cf and im green again because of BlueBisonRock. If you want me to leave ask the mods to ban me, thats if you guys have any mods

It always amazes me that trolls here manage to stay in the green. I see that quite often with the und trolls as well.

NovaBison
04-27-2014, 08:51 PM
this years team is going to be way better, last year we had a lot of injuries. We also brought in a new OC. I really think this years team we be a lot better and how do you know you guys will be as good as last year. you lost your head coach, your star qb and plenty of other starts.

This is classic too... Oh Kane - we know all about your new OC... we destroyed him last year while he was at YSU. My guess is that he is telling you team that you guys are going to be humiliated on the field!

Civil06
04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
This is classic too... Oh Kane - we know all about your new OC... we destroyed him last year while he was at YSU. My guess is that he is telling you team that you guys are going to be humiliated on the field!

That's right. He had a front row seat to witness all our cheap shots.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 08:56 PM

Is it too early for an excuse thread?

ZHerd
04-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Then I guess that FBS teams should never lose to FCS; something that happened quite a few times last year. Maybe ISU is really just a glorified FCS team. Sad thing is that they wouldn't have even made it through FCS playoffs last year.

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 08:57 PM

:rofl:

WTF do you call that shit ISU plays??? :rofl:

SamsRams
04-27-2014, 08:58 PM
This is partially right as i know one team they will get a chance to shit on and that is themselves. Year after year they have poop running down their legs as they attempt to play football. I know ndsu coaches are watching film on this right now. Its called Iowa State Football Players and A Cup. Features their HC eating their 4 page playbook then shitting it into a cup and then each player drinks or eats the cups contents and then poops them back into the cup. It what they have done for years. They are poop eaters

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 09:00 PM

You better check out the kstate mask on youtube vraa. Thought u being from the big 12 and all would have already known he must have never made a video about ISU they suck to bad. Made a video about NDSU then a couple weeks later dude just disappeared!

Green1
04-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Then I guess that FBS teams should never lose to FCS; something that happened quite a few times last year. Maybe ISU is really just a glorified FCS team. Sad thing is that they wouldn't have even made it through FCS playoffs last year.

10 times FCS took down FBS schools last year if my memory serves me right. Hope the Iowa St. coaching staff has the same attitude Kane.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 09:20 PM

WTF do you call that shit ISU plays??? :rofl:

Weber State Ogden, Utah 7 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/13/2014 Incarnate Word Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/20/2014 Montana Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/4/2014 * Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. 3 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/11/2014 * Southern Illinois (Homecoming) Fargo, N.D. 1 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/18/2014 * Indiana State Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/25/2014 * South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. TBA Details
Sat. 11/1/2014 * South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 11/8/2014 * Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA Details
Sat. 11/15/2014 * Missouri State Springfield, Mo. 2 p.m. Details
Sat. 11/22/2014 * Youngstown State (Harvest Bowl) Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
god i would hate to play this schedule, better watch out i heard incarnate Word is going to be good this year :rofl::rofl:

Aug. 30 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sept. 13 at Iowa
Sept. 20 TOLEDO (FW)
Sept. 27 BAYLOR
Oct. 4 at Oklahoma State
Oct. 11 KANSAS STATE (H)
Oct. 18 at Texas
Oct. 30 or Nov. 1 OKLAHOMA
Nov. 8 at Kansas
Nov. 22 TEXAS TECH
Nov. 29 WEST VIRGINIA
Dec. 6 at TCU
that is a real schedule not some pussy shit like incarnate Word

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 09:32 PM
thats not even the updated schedule, newb.

BlueBisonRock
04-27-2014, 09:33 PM

OK, I screwed up. Disagreed with his prognostication, but got the carry over poke at Lakes and gave him some credit for his board to board nasty. He is now digging an unrecoverable hole.

(alt answer: My eyes have a real problem with the red chicklets. Cant read for hours after being exposed to them)

tony
04-27-2014, 09:43 PM

How many points do you get for that?

It seems to me that Northern Iowa beat Iowa State... and Northern Iowa didn't even make the FCS playoffs.

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Wasn't even talking about the schedule or opponents. I was talking about that horse shit product ISU puts on the field!

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Weber State Ogden, Utah 7 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/13/2014 Incarnate Word Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 9/20/2014 Montana Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/4/2014 * Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. 3 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/11/2014 * Southern Illinois (Homecoming) Fargo, N.D. 1 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/18/2014 * Indiana State Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 10/25/2014 * South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. TBA Details
Sat. 11/1/2014 * South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
Sat. 11/8/2014 * Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA Details
Sat. 11/15/2014 * Missouri State Springfield, Mo. 2 p.m. Details
Sat. 11/22/2014 * Youngstown State (Harvest Bowl) Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. Details
god i would hate to play this schedule, better watch out i heard incarnate Word is going to be good this year :rofl::rofl:

Sept. 13 at Iowa
Sept. 20 TOLEDO (FW)
Sept. 27 BAYLOR
Oct. 4 at Oklahoma State
Oct. 11 KANSAS STATE (H)
Oct. 18 at Texas
Nov. 8 at Kansas
Nov. 22 TEXAS TECH
Nov. 29 WEST VIRGINIA
Dec. 6 at TCU

Yes, you are playing a 'real' schedule. And that sir, is why NDSU is on there.

Civil06
04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Sept. 13 at Iowa
Sept. 20 TOLEDO (FW)
Sept. 27 BAYLOR
Oct. 4 at Oklahoma State
Oct. 11 KANSAS STATE (H)
Oct. 18 at Texas
Nov. 8 at Kansas
Nov. 22 TEXAS TECH
Nov. 29 WEST VIRGINIA
Dec. 6 at TCU

You're right, that is a pretty awesome schedule. I've got you penciled in for at least 2 wins but the MAC may come to play.

56BISON73
04-27-2014, 09:50 PM

You might want to tell that to Kansas State who hung 41 on you last year. But then again there has been much talk whether ISU should be in the FBS as well.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM
You're right, that is a pretty awesome schedule. I've got you penciled in for at least 2 wins but the MAC may come to play.
ill walk you thru our schedule
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win
that is a solid 6-6 season and a real bowl game

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Get a load of this pic bigdaddykane posted over on cyclone fanatic to prove how much better ISU's tailgating is to NDSU's:

Haha Trojan fans! :rofl:

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win

56BISON73
04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Stop it. Youre killing me!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 09:59 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win
that is a shitty 6-6 season and a real dumb bowl game if we're lucky which we aren't

FIFY :rofl:

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 10:00 PM
you guys are ass holes :( and bisonator98 i googled seached iowa state tailgate and that came up and i didnt notice that it was usc

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
you guys are ass holes :( and bisonator98 i googled seached iowa state tailgate and that came up and i didnt notice that it was usc

Ahhh did the bigdaddykane get his wittle feelwings hurt??? :rofl::rofl:

BlueBisonRock
04-27-2014, 10:06 PM

I gave you a get out of jail card, yet you have pissed all over it. When you bait like you have been doing, you should expect the put downs. And, when you get called on faking it via photos, you need to simply say 'sorry, I blew it'. Of course, that would open up a whole new set of comments...

56BISON73
04-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Poor baby might want to put his big boy pants on when you come to another teams message board and talk shit. Now go change your Depends and come back after you figure out how this game is played.

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2014, 10:10 PM

Don't you think you would have more fun on the ISU board? We got a guy over there you could talk s**t to and your friends could cheer you on.

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Don't you think you would have more fun on the ISU board? We got a guy over there you could talk s**t to and your friends could cheer you on. i would be over there but its really boring in the offseason

dgoergs
04-27-2014, 10:13 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/dynadymy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/pa2e5e8u.jpg

BTW... this is what Bison tailgate girls are like.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 10:28 PM
i would be over there but its really boring in the offseason

Probably because you guys are constantly negative repping each other! :rofl:

bigdaddykane
04-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Probably because you guys are constantly negative repping each other! :rofl: not even going to argue with a 15 year old kid

Bisonator98
04-27-2014, 10:31 PM
not even going to argue with a 15 year old kid

Oh good one!:facepalm2:

Tatanka
04-27-2014, 10:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nJTgg7p.gif

CentennialBison
04-27-2014, 11:05 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win
north dakota state L
iowa L
toledo Maybe
baylor L
osu L
k state L
texas L
ou L
kansas W
wv Maybe
tcu Maybe

Your best case scenario is 4 wins, 5-6 would be a miracle. Still better than the 3 wins you got last season. Check back at the end of the season to prove me wrong.

scottietohottie
04-27-2014, 11:26 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win

Hahaha solid 6-6 hahaha what recruit would pic isu and 6-6fbs over 15-0 and a real national championship and ring hahaha

ndsubison1
04-27-2014, 11:31 PM
north dakota state win
iowa loss
toledo win
baylor loss
osu loss
k state win
texas loss
ou loss
kansas win
wv win
tcu win

congrats on your mediocre bowl games lol

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Bravo job by lakes over on CF. He is their puppet master.

Green1
04-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Bravo job by lakes over on CF. He is their puppet master.

It's really a remarkable job he has done over there.

SamsRams
04-28-2014, 12:33 AM
It's really a remarkable job he has done over there.

I will say very few do what he is doing on an opponents board better than him

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 12:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK0qRGGZrY

StL Bison Fan
04-28-2014, 12:36 AM

:facepalm: .

NDSU1980
04-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Quit feeding the troll...............and quit giving him positive rep. Makes a guy wonder about some people.

SamsRams
04-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Quit feeding the troll...............and quit giving him positive rep. Makes a guy wonder about some people.

but he is malnourished. No one cares about him or his football team and I feel bad for him. Seriously could you imagine being as bad as they are, have been and always will be?

I dont understand the positive rep stuff though. He is enjoys being a loser so dot confuse him with some positive words of encouragement

tjbison
04-28-2014, 01:17 AM

Wow sad.......I feel for you guys I really do

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 01:25 AM
but he is malnourished. No one cares about him or his football team and I feel bad for him. Seriously could you imagine being as bad as they are, have been and always will be?

I dont understand the positive rep stuff though. He is enjoys being a loser so dot confuse him with some positive words of encouragementhave you seen our basketball team? We won the big 12 and went to the sweet 16. Both of those is more impressive then winning a D2 national championship

Tatanka
04-28-2014, 01:26 AM

http://i.imgur.com/gwVLi.gif

Tatanka
04-28-2014, 01:32 AM
have you seen our basketball team? We won the big 12 and went to the sweet 16. Both of those is more impressive then winning a D2 national championship

http://i.imgur.com/zpXwN1C.gif

ndsubison1
04-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I will say very few do what he is doing on an opponents board better than him

they could threaten to kill him and lakes still wouldnt be rattled. he would respond with "Lets Party! Lets pump it up around here!"

ndsubison1
04-28-2014, 01:39 AM

Hoiberg is awesome. Too bad he will be in the NBA soon :cool:

MNLonghorn10
04-28-2014, 01:44 AM
have you seen our basketball team? We won the big 12 and went to the sweet 16. Both of those is more impressive then winning a D2 national championship

http://replygif.net/i/128.gif

56BISON73
04-28-2014, 01:50 AM

So youve conceded the FB game so now you are going to try and impress us with bouncy ball? :rofl: An idiot on the commuter bus at KU tried that after we beat them. You two related?

NDSUSR
04-28-2014, 02:58 AM
Lakes trolls strong. He should sell "Troll Strong" bands.

Green1
04-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Lakes trolls strong. He should sell "Troll Strong" bands.

Would they be purple? :rofl:

THEsocalledfan
04-28-2014, 11:57 AM
I just caught up on this thread after a couple days. I just lost 5 IQ points.

BYZEN
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I just caught up on this thread after a couple days. I just lost 5 IQ points.

What card is best for getting these points back??????

Purple

stevdock
04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Doubt I'll get a real answer to this, but when do they decide game time and date?? Remember last time we went down there they changed it to a Thursday game IIRC.

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 05:40 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460066

ZHerd
04-28-2014, 05:43 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292460066

Out of fairness we only go back to 2010 ;)

Bison"FANatic"
04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
FCS doesnt even come close to the level of play in FBS

hmmmmmmmmmmm

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332430066

MNLonghorn10
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Top 2 threads on CF is NDSU related(one has over 700 comments). AND they even have a countdown for the game.

and they say they dont give a shit about a D2 team! Any CF fan who reads this, needs to realize NDSU has one of the more entertaining online message board communities. From lakes, to the super homers on here who will predict NDSU beats anyone, your site will suck once this game is done and you're facing Toledo which has nobody.

GoEMAW turned into a graveyard after the NDSU game. So enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcqUokPiTw

StL Bison Fan
04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332430066

Was the the year, by any chance, that UNI went 7-5 and couldn't even make the FCS playoffs.
But they beat a Big Boy school????

BisoninNWMN
04-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Cyclones are a perennial crap FBS team and they will be again.

Bison win 35-14

gumby013
04-28-2014, 10:22 PM
I can't wait for the line to come out on this one.

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 10:25 PM
I can't wait for the line to come out on this one.
right my guess is iowa state will be a 14 point favorite

Tatanka
04-28-2014, 10:28 PM

:rofl::rofl: I most certainly hope so. Easy money...

ZHerd
04-28-2014, 10:33 PM

Twould be sweeeeeeet

westnodak93bison
04-28-2014, 10:36 PM

The clowns lost 21 seniors and bring back two QBs with under 60% completion percentage, your top returning RB weighs a buck 75, and are coming off a 3-9 season with a new OC who has had issues. Your team will be thinking about K-state rather than little ole NDSU and will get punched in the mouth.

perthbison
04-28-2014, 10:41 PM
right my guess is iowa state will be a 14 point favoriteSounds like easy money betting on this one

Tatanka
04-28-2014, 10:42 PM

:rofl::rofl: I most certainly hope so. Easy money...

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 10:48 PM
The clowns lost 21 seniors and bring back two QBs with under 60% completion percentage, your top returning RB weighs a buck 75, and are coming off a 3-9 season with a new OC who has had issues. Your team will be thinking about K-state rather than little ole NDSU and will get punched in the mouth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk the bissons are losing 23 seniors, "star" qb, head coach for Wyoming.

BisonNeil
04-28-2014, 10:56 PM

Are you saying they can go nowhere but up and that there is plenty of room for improvement? So, you're saying they have a chance?

SDbison
04-28-2014, 10:56 PM
the bissons are losing 23 seniors, "star" qb, head coach for Wyoming. And the Bizon are still better than your crappy Clowns.........why are you still here bigdaddydouchebag, I thought you left hours ago?

kbswish22
04-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Ndsu's worst team in ten years by far only lost by 17 to one of three bowl winning teams in isu history. Isu at -14 would be the dumbest bet of all time

bigdaddykane
04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Ndsu's worst team in ten years by far only lost by 17 to one of three bowl winning teams in isu history. Isu at -14 would be the dumbest bet of all time how many FBS bowl wins does bissons have?

kbswish22
04-28-2014, 11:52 PM
how many FBS bowl wins does bissons have?

Zero. I'm not sure how that is relevant to the point I made.

Hail bison
04-29-2014, 12:07 AM
the bissons are losing 23 seniors, "star" qb, head coach for Wyoming.

You keep mentioning us losing our head coach to Wyoming. Here, and when you try to give me grey neg rep. It was time for him to leave. We're not worried about it. Also, when you put quotes around "star" when referring to Jensen are you trying to diminish him?

bigdaddykane
04-29-2014, 12:15 AM
You keep mentioning us losing our head coach to Wyoming. Here, and when you try to give me grey neg rep. It was time for him to leave. We're not worried about it. Also, when you put quotes around "star" when referring to Jensen are you trying to diminish him? no he had a solid career better than any of the qbs iowa state has.

scottietohottie
04-29-2014, 12:39 AM
how many FBS bowl wins does bissons have?

We beat the buffalo wild wings bowl champions last year

BisoninNWMN
04-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Another banner year for the clowns:

NDSU: L
Iowa: L
Toledo: W --- maybe a win.....maybe
Baylor: L
OK State: L
K State: L
Texas: L
OK: L
Kansas: W -- maybe.....
TTU: L
WVU: L
TCU: L

Maybe 2 - 3 wins in '14......if they're lucky! Wouldn't surprise me if they went 0-12

bigdaddykane
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM
lets walk thru the "very" tough season for the bissons

Date Opponent Location
Aug. 30 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa L
Sept. 6 at Weber State Ogden, Utah w
Sept. 13 INCARNATE WORD FARGO w maybe i heard they were good this year
Sept. 20 MONTANA FARGO w
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 *at Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. w
Oct. 11 *SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (Homecoming) FARGO w
Oct. 18 *INDIANA STATE FARGO w