PDA

View Full Version : UNLV first FBS school hit by APR

SamsRams
04-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Just got done with the press conference. They are banned from bowl game next year by NCAA and banned by conference from playing in conference championship game. AD got fussy when i pointed out first fbs school to face these sanctions. She stated other DI schools have been hit by apr. Put her in her place when i said those schools are all fcs and mainly in the swac, I would hope they don't use their model to fix their problems. She seemed surprised i knew what i was talking about

Also at the end of the one on one with Hauck he said he liked my ndsu hat and then teased the newspaper guy about being a UNI grad

tjbison
04-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Just got done with the press conference. They are banned from bowl game next year by NCAA and banned by conference from playing in conference championship game. AD got fussy when i pointed out first fbs school to face these sanctions. She stated other DI schools have been hit by apr. Put her in her place when i said those schools are all fcs and mainly in the swac, I would hope they don't use their model to fix their problems. She seemed surprised i knew what i was talking about

Also at the end of the one on one with Hauck he said he liked my ndsu hat and then teased the newspaper guy about being a UNI grad

lol you threw her in the SWAC crowd...that's awesome

gotts
04-11-2014, 01:22 AM

Any video? :D

Tatanka
04-11-2014, 01:56 AM

Nicely played sir!

perthbison
04-11-2014, 02:59 AM
APR, I forgot what that means. I know it's not annual percentage rate.

Hammersmith
04-11-2014, 03:46 AM
APR, I forgot what that means. I know it's not annual percentage rate.

Academic Progress Rate. Kinda like a cumulative way of looking at academic eligibility and retention. You currently need to average 93% of the possible points(score of 930); UNLV averaged 92.5%. The required numbers have been rising since the APR was created, and they will continue to rise for another year or two.

Actually, it will stay at 930 eventually, but you'll need to achieve it every single year and not average it like you can today.

Currently: minimum 900 every year the last four years, or average 930 over last two years
Next year: 930 four-year average, or 940 average over last two years
Year after that: 930 every year the last four years