PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Smith signs with CFL

Siouxfallsbison
04-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Heard from reliable source that Ryan Smith signed with Saskatuwan (sp) Rough Riders this morning. Congrats Ryan!

gotts
04-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Getting attention at mini-camp

http://ckom.com/story/roughriders-wrap-day-one-mini-camp/304663

bri-dog
04-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Getting attention at mini-camp

http://ckom.com/story/roughriders-wrap-day-one-mini-camp/304663

I was just about to post the same link. It appears the writer went to the GF Herald school of journalism...

One receiver who opened eyes is Ryan Smith. His size, his elusiveness and his catching ability had players and coaches whisper the name Weston Dressler.

To add to the comparison, Smith is a North Dakota native, who didn't go the University of North Dakota like Dressler but rather North Dakota State University.

"That wasn't Weston?" questioned Chamblin with a chuckle, "I thought that was Weston. The coaches were saying 'look at him, that #86 can go' but he has a long way to go before he's the next Weston Dressler but you do see some resemblance and it's not just the colour of the skin or anything but they're both fast but hopefully he works like him"

Smith looked like the star of day one in the receiving corps.

NDSUstudent
04-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Congrats to Ryan! Thought he would get a shot in the CFL.

Hail bison
04-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Screw Dressler. Congrats Ryan you make ND proud!

Bisonator98
04-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Wish he would have waited for an NFL camp but go give em hell Ryan!

HerdBoy
04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Good for him.

Elvis was a Bison
04-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Screw Dressler. Congrats Ryan you make ND proud!

WTF? Because Weston Dressler wasn't an SU grad, you don't respect what he has accomplished? If you knew Weston or the rest of the Dressler family you would never spout such ignorant shit from the same mouth that you kiss your kids goodnight with. Some people just don't get it..........

Tatanka
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
I was just about to post the same link. It appears the writer went to the GF Herald school of journalism...

I seriously doubt that UN_ created a press release talking about Ryan Smith. Hence, nothing to copy and paste from. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

344Johnson
04-06-2014, 06:33 PM
WTF? Because Weston Dressler wasn't an SU grad, you don't respect what he has accomplished? If you knew Weston or the rest of the Dressler family you would never spout such ignorant shit from the same mouth that you kiss your kids goodnight with. Some people just don't get it..........

Perhaps he should have made better life choices regarding his post high school education ;)

td577
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I think this is a good path for him. If he can't make it on a CFL roster, there is no way he will make it on a NFL roster. Either put in a couple of years showing off his skills and wait for a call from someone down south or make himself a nice career up there. He can make low six figures a year playing football 6 months out of the year. Dressler is getting his shot in the NFL. There is no saying Ryan wouldn't get his.

Hail bison
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Un bunch you panties. This thread is apparently about Ryan so yes screw Dressler. Nothing against him but I could give a shit less hearing about him. How's that for spouting ignorant shit? Oh, and my kids don't give a shit either

El_Chapo
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Yea no doubt no one here should care about that other guy.

But why is ryan Smith in Tampa Bay today working out ??? This thread is premature isn't it?

westnodak93bison
04-06-2014, 07:54 PM

But why is ryan Smith in Tampa Bay today working out ??? This thread is premature isn't it?

What a coincidence, I'm in Tampa Bay. Gator's at John's pass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Go hit st petes beach bro
Then go interview ryan haha

semobison
04-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Un bunch you panties. This thread is apparently about Ryan so yes screw Dressler. Nothing against him but I could give a shit less hearing about him. How's that for spouting ignorant shit? Oh, and my kids don't give a shit either

You sir are an idiot! The article in the link compares the two! You were the first one in this thread to bring up Dressler!

NorthernBison
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Holy Crap. Why WOULDN'T people who follow the Roughriders compare the two? They are essentially the same size with Dressler maybe an inch taller and a few pounds heavier. He also had slightly more speed according to the stopwatch.

Actually, it's incredibly unfair to Ryan. The guy he's being compared to was the rookie of the year in the CFL when he broke in. He won a couple Grey Cups with them in addition to being one of their most consistent offensive weapons. Oh yeah, in case you might not have been paying attention, there were a LOT of Roughrider fans who doubted Dressler. If Ryan ends up going the CFL route (he still has a shot at the NFL) I'd bet that many of those Roughrider fans who Dressler proved wrong will be hoping that Ryan fails to make them seem smarter. Funny how fans are isn't it?

Hail bison
04-06-2014, 09:37 PM
You sir are an idiot! The article in the link compares the two! You were the first one in this thread to bring up Dressler!

You're a bit touchy. You seem to think I'm running down Dressler in some way. That was not my intention as I have no interest in his or any other Sioux player's career. Would it have been better had I said "screw the Dressler comparisons"? Would that be less offensive to you. Next time I think of saying something as horrific as that about any UN_ player I promise to pause and think it over. I'll think about the lessons I have learned here today from you and Elvis. I'll think of how I might offend your delicate nature. I want to be a better person. Thank you. Idiot

CAS4127
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
You're a bit touchy. You seem to think I'm running down Dressler in some way. That was not my intention as I have no interest in his or any other Sioux player's career. Would it have been better had I said "screw the Dressler comparisons"? Would that be less offensive to you. Next time I think of saying something as horrific as that about any UN_ player I promise to pause and think it over. I'll think about the lessons I have learned here today from you and Elvis. I'll think of how I might offend your delicate nature. I want to be a better person. Thank you. Idiot

+++++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
04-06-2014, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuwBW3t-ow

GOBISON123
04-06-2014, 11:03 PM
I am really happy for him, miss him for sure. Wishing him all the best.

Elvis was a Bison
04-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Hail Bison, in less than3 months you have blessed us 418 times with the depth of your knowledge of all things Bison. The treasures of wisdom that you have shared have enlightened us all. We who were here before you have been shown the light, as you have brought us from the wasteland of ignorance to the to the bliss of knowledge far above the realm of reality.
PS. If you think we come to Bisonville to hear from you 6.08 times a day, you are delusional. Make a contribution to the well being of the institution that you claim to represent and listen more than you talk.

KTF
04-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Best of luck to Ryan whether it is CFL or NFL...

semobison
04-07-2014, 01:45 AM

Who is touchy? You read a Saskatchewan article comparing Smith to a former Saskatchewan player and the first thing that comes off your fingertips is "Screw Dressler"?? Wow!

Hail bison
04-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Hail Bison, in less than3 months you have blessed us 418 times with the depth of your knowledge of all things Bison. The treasures of wisdom that you have shared have enlightened us all. We who were here before you have been shown the light, as you have brought us from the wasteland of ignorance to the to the bliss of knowledge far above the realm of reality.
PS. If you think we come to Bisonville to hear from you 6.08 times a day, you are delusional. Make a contribution to the well being of the institution that you claim to represent and listen more than you talk.

You have the angry tone of a bitter old curmudgeon. Just guessing. I appreciate your condescending comments and advice as spokesman for BV. So much more than if it came from my own father. I'm not an expert on anything Bison. Just a fan and alumnus. I have posted a lot this winter trying to pass the time. Too much. I've been at home a lot watching kids due to some issues with the older generation in our family. Sorry. When I said screw Dressler, I meant screw any discussion of him or comparisons to Smith. This thread is about Smith. Not meant to be disrespectful of Dressler in any way. So I'll now say screw you instead. By the way, I don't really take anything here personal so I'll admit you really burned me in that post.

SlickVic
04-07-2014, 03:57 AM
I wish nothin but the best for the whapeton flash ++++++++ seen in the paper he visted a whap elementry school and played dodgeball with the kids...if you can dodge a rench you can dodge a ball I always I always

Hail bison
04-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Who is touchy? You read a Saskatchewan article comparing Smith to a former Saskatchewan player and the first thing that comes off your fingertips is "Screw Dressler"?? Wow!

Again, "screw Dressler" meant we are talking about Ryan Smith, not Dressler. Not trying to say anything bad about the great Dressler. You and your buddy decided I was insulting him. You have made an issue out of nothing. Thank god I didn't say "fuck kleinsasser".

CAS4127
04-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Again, "screw Dressler" meant we are talking about Ryan Smith, not Dressler. Not trying to say anything bad about the great Dressler. You and your buddy decided I was insulting him. You have made an issue out of nothing. Thank god I didn't say "fuck kleinsasser".

U r good IMO.

Elvis was a Bison
04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
You have the angry tone of a bitter old curmudgeon. Just guessing. I appreciate your condescending comments and advice as spokesman for BV. So much more than if it came from my own father. I'm not an expert on anything Bison. Just a fan and alumnus. I have posted a lot this winter trying to pass the time. Too much. I've been at home a lot watching kids due to some issues with the older generation in our family. Sorry. When I said screw Dressler, I meant screw any discussion of him or comparisons to Smith. This thread is about Smith. Not meant to be disrespectful of Dressler in any way. So I'll now say screw you instead. By the way, I don't really take anything here personal so I'll admit you really burned me in that post.

LOL!!

Now that there, that there's funny. Your humor is catching up to Tatanka's.

NorthernBison
04-07-2014, 12:11 PM
It remains to be seen where Ryan ends up or even if he's in uniform at all. If he does end up on the Saskatchewan Roster, I'd suggest that anybody who dislikes the comparisons to Dressler stay far away from any CFL coverage of the team and certainly that you don't go near their fan board. It will be chuck full of comparisons of the two.

tony
04-07-2014, 12:56 PM
It remains to be seen where Ryan ends up or even if he's in uniform at all. If he does end up on the Saskatchewan Roster, I'd suggest that anybody who dislikes the comparisons to Dressler stay far away from any CFL coverage of the team and certainly that you don't go near their fan board. It will be chuck full of comparisons of the two.

Never really have heard the comparisons between Ryan and Weston - the comparisons I heard were Ryan Smith to the player from Bismarck that UND recruited that year (Jake Miller.)

RedRiver
04-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Never really have heard the comparisons between Ryan and Weston - the comparisons I heard were Ryan Smith to the player from Bismarck that UND recruited that year (Jake Miller.)
I still remember those comparisons with Jake Miller, and the number of BV's that couldn't believe that the Bison recruited Smith over Miller. Well, look how that choice turned out for NDSU.

tony
04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
I still remember those comparisons with Jake Miller, and the number of BV's that couldn't believe that the Bison recruited Smith over Miller. Well, look how that choice turned out for NDSU.

Heh, I couldn't remember the name of the UND player so I had to go into the Hall of Shame to find it.

NorthernBison
04-07-2014, 01:30 PM
I still remember those comparisons with Jake Miller, and the number of BV's that couldn't believe that the Bison recruited Smith over Miller. Well, look how that choice turned out for NDSU.Ryan really delivered for us. Miller got stuck playing RB in Grand Forks. Neither player was a true D1 RB. The comparisons to Dressler now are simply because Smith was in the Roughrider Mini camp. He could end up as a Roughrider if the NFL route doesn't work out for him. Fair warning, there is little chance he could achieve MORE than Dressler did in Regina. That's not a knock on his ability. If you know how the roster is constructed you know what I'm talking about.

StL Bison Fan
04-07-2014, 01:56 PM

Kleinsasser went to UN_. Hes a good guy but I think you'd be ok here. :)

Tatanka
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
LOL!!

Now that there, that there's funny. Your humor is catching up to Tatanka's.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/238/eee.jpeg

NorthernBison
04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
FYI, Ryan is apparently listed on their Negotiation List. What that means is that Saskatchewan has first dibs among the CFL teams when it comes to signing him. He is assured of being invited to their Rookie Camp and very likely to the full Training Camp that follows immediately thereafter. I believe they open training camp June 1. I'm not sure how this all meshes with NFL camps etc. I'm guessing there is a point where he needs to make some decisions.

CAS4127
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/238/eee.jpeg

It was clearly sarcasm!!

Herd12
04-08-2014, 07:14 PM
FYI, Ryan is apparently listed on their Negotiation List. What that means is that Saskatchewan has first dibs among the CFL teams when it comes to signing him. He is assured of being invited to their Rookie Camp and very likely to the full Training Camp that follows immediately thereafter. I believe they open training camp June 1. I'm not sure how this all meshes with NFL camps etc. I'm guessing there is a point where he needs to make some decisions.

This is the first accurate thing I've read on this thread. I spoke with Ryan's agent and he has not finalized nor has Ryan signed a contract with the Rough Riders.

BYZEN
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
This is the first accurate thing I've read on this thread. I spoke with Ryan's agent and he has not finalized nor has Ryan signed a contract with the Rough Riders.

STOP with the accuracies will you!:facepalm2: Now let's get back to the wild speculation, name calling and usual thread drift that we all know and love.:offtopic::biggrin:

El_Chapo
04-08-2014, 09:19 PM

El chapo was right again. This thread should be deleted if a nfl team finds it on Google it could impact Ryans chances thank u

SamsRams
04-08-2014, 10:11 PM
if a nfl team finds it on Google it could impact Ryans chances thank u

possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on the board

El_Chapo
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
You post here

Bison bison
04-08-2014, 10:37 PM
possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on the board

He should just go back and delete it after the fact...

A1pigskin
04-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Congrats to Ryan. What do CFL players get paid on average?

gotts
04-09-2014, 02:06 AM

A box of Tim Horton's doughnuts and a dish of Poutine.

td577
04-09-2014, 02:21 AM
A box of Tim Horton's doughnuts and a dish of Poutine.

I was going to say fries with your choice of either gravy or vinegar but that is because I didn't know the proper name for the gravy combo. Now I do.

If he signs a multi-year deal, add a metric calculator and lifetime supply of perogies.

Speaking of the metric system. There would be some serious pork in changing our system for those states housing sign making companies.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
04-09-2014, 02:30 AM
You post here

Since when did you become concerned on whats posted on the internet considering all of your posts in the past about HS recruits etc etc?

NorthernBison
04-09-2014, 02:32 AM

I Googled it. Average CFL salary is 80k. Veteran minimum is 45k and rookie minimum is 30k. For reference, the average Canadian makes 75k.

SamsRams
04-09-2014, 02:33 AM
Since when did you become concerned on whats posted on the internet considering all of your posts in the past about HS recruits etc etc?

he just mad there is no negative news for him to allude to and then make fun of McFooly for reporting it first.

344Johnson
04-09-2014, 02:46 AM

Lol I remember discussing that shit at lunch in high school. Tough to compare them back then for us since Miller was on a great team and was done playing by halftime. Smith was on a team that wasn't all that good and he tore people up. Looked like NDSU got the better end of the deal. Would be interesting to see how Miller would have done here though, not going to lie.

stevdock
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Lol I remember discussing that shit at lunch in high school. Tough to compare them back then for us since Miller was on a great team and was done playing by halftime. Smith was on a team that wasn't all that good and he tore people up. Looked like NDSU got the better end of the deal. Would be interesting to see how Miller would have done here though, not going to lie.

That's not entirely true. The team made it to either the state Semi-finals or finals. I do remember that he ran for around 300 against our team that year though and was pulled sometime during the 3rd quarter.

tony
04-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Sounds like the title of this thread was prophetic according to https://twitter.com/J_Norstedt/status/455763601606078465

imabison
04-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Sounds like the title of this thread was prophetic according to https://twitter.com/J_Norstedt/status/455763601606078465
Lots of good stuff on Ryan Smith, I like this headline from the Jamestown Sun

http://www.jamestownsun.com/content/greenos-grandson-signs-saskatchewan
Greeno’s grandson signs with Saskatchewan

Great picture

17>1
04-15-2014, 11:08 PM
If any of you remember, my dad and I took a trip to Winnipeg last year and went to a Bomber-Roughrider game. Already mentioned it to him that we'll need to see if the dates work out again this year for Part 2. Go Ryan!!! Go Bison!!!

StL Bison Fan
04-16-2014, 01:16 AM
If any of you remember, my dad and I took a trip to Winnipeg last year and went to a Bomber-Roughrider game. Already mentioned it to him that we'll need to see if the dates work out again this year for Part 2. Go Ryan!!! Go Bison!!!

This would be a fun trip. Keep us posted. We might be on board to travel there too.

17>1
04-16-2014, 01:25 AM
This would be a fun trip. Keep us posted. We might be on board to travel there too.

I know this probably goes without saying, but make sure you're up to date with your passport. The process can take a while so best to get it done sooner rather than later.

StL Bison Fan
04-16-2014, 01:29 AM
I know this probably goes without saying, but make sure you're up to date with your passport. The process can take a while so best to get it done sooner rather than later.

Have to blow the dust off but it's still good! :)

344Johnson
04-16-2014, 02:07 AM
That's not entirely true. The team made it to either the state Semi-finals or finals. I do remember that he ran for around 300 against our team that year though and was pulled sometime during the 3rd quarter.

I was referring to when he played AAA....not AA. Looks like they lost in the first round. He was that team though.

westnodak93bison
04-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Hope he tears it up and a few NFL clubs come to their senses. He would be a good fit in New England or Denver.

THEsocalledfan
04-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Hope he tears it up and a few NFL clubs come to their senses. He would be a good fit in New England or Denver.

I do very much think this will happen IF he stays healthy. He body size is just such a reach to go right to NFL; he has to prove it first at a higher level. I am just worried about him staying healthy.

Herd12
04-28-2014, 01:30 AM
https://www.thepiercecountytribune.com/page/content.detail/id/509463/Former-Bison-start-careers-in-pro-football.html?nav=5034

scottietohottie
06-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Although I can see Canada from my bedroom window I have to admit I know nothing of CFL football besides they have a little different field and rules. The CFL season should start in June so what's up with Ryan Smith and these saskatoon roughriders?

MinotBison
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Although I can see Canada from my bedroom window I have to admit I know nothing of CFL football besides they have a little different field and rules. The CFL season should start in June so what's up with Ryan Smith and these saskatoon roughriders?

The Roughriders are the defending CFL champions. Ryan Smith is somewhat similar (small and very speedy) to another North Dakota product, Weston Dressler, who left the 'Riders to play with the Kansas City Chiefs. Dressler was a return man/receiver for them, which is what I am sure Smith will be.

scottietohottie
06-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Guess I was wondering with season starting June 14th if they were thinking he would be playing much. Are the hamstrings OK? Any inside info

scottietohottie
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Is June 14th the start of regular season or preseason?

scottietohottie
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
What channel is CFL Network on?

HerdBoy
06-01-2014, 11:01 PM
http://www.riderville.com/main/index

It looks like their first home game is June 20th against Edmonton. They are based out of Regina. Not a terribly long drive if you live North of Highway 2. Ryan according to the Roster is #2. The Roughriders won the Grey Cup (their Super Bowl) in 2013 so they must be pretty good.

1998braves64
06-02-2014, 12:34 AM
What channel is CFL Network on?

There are quite a few on ESPN3.
Sent on a bullet train from Hillsboro using Win8 phone.

HerdBoy
06-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Is June 14th the start of regular season or preseason?

http://www.cfl.ca/schedule/year/2014/time_zone/0

Regular season starts June 26th.

El_Chapo
06-02-2014, 01:02 AM
MFL would be more entertaining.

scottietohottie
06-02-2014, 01:33 PM
MFL would be more entertaining.

What channel is the MFL network on?

tjamz
06-02-2014, 01:42 PM
MILF would be more entertaining.

Fixed
10char

scottietohottie
06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Drifting a bit was just wondering when the season started but kind of a no brainer football season in Canada starts when hockey season is done. Lets go Ryan Smith. If he tears it up this year could he still make a NFL roster for fall? That's a lot of football for one year.

El_Chapo
06-02-2014, 04:11 PM
What channel is the MFL network on?

the OCHO or telemundo

Answer Guy
06-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Blue Bomber single game tickets are on sale. Saskatchewan plays in Winnipeg August 7th and September 7th.

17>1
06-05-2014, 02:23 AM
Blue Bomber single game tickets are on sale. Saskatchewan plays in Winnipeg August 7th and September 7th.

Sweet. Dad and I will be going to the Aug. 7th game for sure.

NorthernBison
06-06-2014, 01:59 PM
One on one feature with Ryan from Riderville: http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/96823

Bison81
06-06-2014, 02:08 PM
One on one feature with Ryan from Riderville: http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/96823

I'm in Regina on Sept. 21- game is fully sold out - just single tix on stub hub at $50-80 per tix ~ something will open up - would love to see the game with good/great seats.

OrygunBison
06-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Ryan appeared more of a media veteran than the joker that interviewed him.

StL Bison Fan
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Ryan appeared more of a media veteran than the joker that interviewed him.

True this^^^
ND is so close, would be nice to have some Bison in the stands on Aug 7. Goods seats are available

Bison03
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Man you got to love Ryan. Such a humble guy how you can tell just has a lot of love for the game. Go get 'em Smitty.

roadwarrior
06-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Season opening game today at 4pm

HerdBoy
06-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Go Roughriders!

gumby013
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Ryan is listed as a starter on their depth chart.

http://www.riderville.com/article/riders-roster-set-for-preseason-action-versus-redblacks

****Nevermind...wrong Smith...

****Nevermind again...he is a starter at slot back. Wearing #2.

Elvis was a Bison
06-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Link to Riders flagship station. http://www.620ckrm.com/ Game At 4:00 PM Mountain.

HerdBoy
06-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Ryan has caught a couple of passes on this drive.

Elvis was a Bison
06-15-2014, 02:14 AM
Nice article on Ryan. Comparing him to Dressler will go on for a long time. http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/football/roughriders-football/Riders+Smith+trying/9935214/story.html

Elvis was a Bison
06-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Ryan Smith stats for 1st Preseason Game (vs Ottawa Redblacks) 2 receptions for 15 yards, longest 9 yards. 1 punt return for 7 yards.

GOBISON123
06-15-2014, 05:09 AM
Roughriders won the game , RIDERS -21 REDBLACKS- 17

Ryan smith caught 2 passes and both resulted in 1st down for Riders.

HerdBot
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM

Could be an eventual path to the NFL.

56BISON73
06-15-2014, 11:21 PM

I would have to think that if an NFL had been seriously interested he might have waited. Or the talk was he needed to make his bones in the CFL to get some experience and to see if he could make it at a higher level before the NFL would get serious about him?

scottietohottie
06-16-2014, 02:18 AM
I asked awhile back and no one answered so i'll ask again if Ryan tears up the cfl this year could he end up on a NFL team this fall or is he tied down to CFL with a contract?
Dam Google doesn't now much about the cfl.

HerdBoy
06-16-2014, 03:02 AM
I don't know a whole lot about CFL or NFL contracts but I think people leaving for the NFL happens fairly often.

56BISON73
06-16-2014, 03:07 AM
I asked awhile back and no one answered so i'll ask again if Ryan tears up the cfl this year could he end up on a NFL team this fall or is he tied down to CFL with a contract?

Her is a recent example--

Bismarck, ND -

Bismarck native Weston Dressler is bound for the NFL.
Dressler was released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders this afternoon, so he can sign with the NFL.

So there might be a clause in their contracts allowing them to move to the NFL.

scottietohottie
06-18-2014, 02:57 PM
http://www.riderville.com/video

Coach Chamblin interview talks about Ryan Smith around 4:47 in

EC8CH
06-18-2014, 03:09 PM
http://www.riderville.com/video

Coach Chamblin interview talks about Ryan Smith around 4:47 in

Great to see Ryan Smith catching some balls, but seeing him in a uniform with that color scheme made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Bison"FANatic"
06-18-2014, 03:10 PM

Ryan will need to prove he can stay healthy and not have the hammy problems. In college you could rest him a game or so here and there. With the small roster of the NFL level you can't have a spot for someone that isn't going to play every week.

I really think Ryan will be able to prove that and make the catches and get the YAC to get him a shot at the next level but only time will tell sometime the body just lets you down.

NorthernBison
06-18-2014, 09:21 PM

The odds of him tearing up the CFL are pretty slim. He won't be there go to guy. He'll have to get a lot of YAC if they use him like Dressler. That's something Dressler always excelled at and Ryan didn't show a lot. Probably because of our scheme because he has the skills.

The NFL will want to see more than a few games before they really get interested.

westnodak93bison
06-18-2014, 09:25 PM
The odds of him tearing up the CFL are pretty slim. He won't be there go to guy. He'll have to get a lot of YAC if they use him like Dressler. That's something Dressler always excelled at and Ryan didn't show a lot. Probably because of our scheme because he has the skills.

The NFL will want to see more than a few games before they really get interested.
Dressler has more speed than Ryan. 10.44 100m for Weston. Not sure of Ryan's PR 100m but it isn't close to 10.44.

gotts
06-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Dressler has more speed than Ryan. 10.44 100m for Weston. Not sure of Ryan's PR 100m but it isn't close to 10.44.

I know he had a 10.64 at the EDC in '10, not sure if PR.

natstar1
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM
10.64 was his best

http://www2.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athletics/bhsboystrack/alltimelist/top10aboys.htm

td577
06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
10.64 vs. 10.44 is about the length of two pieces of paper. Smith could still reach out and touch him at 100. There are really only a few times when you get to just go straight in football anyways. A better question would be who is quicker. I do think it is a fair comparison. They have similar attributes. Smith has great hands and can take a hit. I don't know how Dressler stacks up in these areas, but I am guessing pretty well if he has an NFL invite. It comes down to minimizing those hammy issues. With football as a full time career and exposure to full time trainers, I have to think this will get addressed positively.

westnodak93bison
06-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Dressler has a better burst from 0-10yds IMHO. Smith is very slippery getting open. Both are great. Dressler has proved it in Canada. Hopefully Ryan can as well. Wish him the best and the same for Weston in KC.

HerdBoy
06-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Coach Chamblin talks a bit about Ryan.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/97425

scottietohottie
06-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Ryan had a 29 yard punt return last night.

semobison
06-21-2014, 01:51 PM
10.64 vs. 10.44 is about the length of two pieces of paper. Smith could still reach out and touch him at 100. There are really only a few times when you get to just go straight in football anyways. A better question would be who is quicker. I do think it is a fair comparison. They have similar attributes. Smith has great hands and can take a hit. I don't know how Dressler stacks up in these areas, but I am guessing pretty well if he has an NFL invite. It comes down to minimizing those hammy issues. With football as a full time career and exposure to full time trainers, I have to think this will get addressed positively.

Two tenths of a second in a hundred meters is a hell of a lot more more than a sheet of paper....And Ryan's got good speed, 10.64 is fast but Dressler is hands down, the fastest kid to ever come out of ND. Stacy Robinson is 3rd on NDSU all time 100 meter list at 10.40!

td577
06-21-2014, 02:23 PM
A tenth of a second in the 100 is about a foot. Two tenths equals about two feet or close to two sheets of paper.

HerdBoy
06-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Ryan had a 29 yard punt return last night.

I was going to watch the game but ended up having to make a quick trip out of town.

scottietohottie
06-21-2014, 02:27 PM
If you watch highlights on website his return is around the minute mark he drags his tackler for a few extra yards. I also forgot to watch game not used to football in June.

semobison
06-21-2014, 02:33 PM
A tenth of a second in the 100 is about a foot. Two tenths equals about two feet or close to two sheets of paper.

Sorry, but 2 tenths of a second at 100 meters at that speed is about 1.9 meters which is over 6 feet. And, those calculations are not considering that they are covering more ground at the end of the race than the first 35-40 meters. You win a 100 meter race by two tenths of a second you will win by 2 to 2.5 meters. You have some really long sheets of paper!

Bison bison
06-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Dwight Shrute thinks you're full of sh#t.

natstar1
06-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Sorry, but 2 tenths of a second at 100 meters at that speed is about 1.9 meters which is over 6 feet. And, those calculations are not considering that they are covering more ground at the end of the race than the first 35-40 meters. You win a 100 meter race by two tenths of a second you will win by 2 to 2.5 meters. You have some really long sheets of paper!
This sounds accurate.
Dressler 9.58m per second
Smith 9.40m per second

After 10 seconds they will be 1.8 (0.18x10) meters apart (assuming constant speed throughout the race). Add in a couple more tenths for them to finish the race and you have about 1.9 meters.

Bison 4 Life
06-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Forget speed. For a small guy he is just plain hard to tackle. I'd take that over that extra 1.8m

NorthernBison
06-22-2014, 12:54 AM
Forget speed. For a small guy he is just plain hard to tackle. I'd take that over that extra 1.8m
Dressler was equally as hard to tackle. He lit up UNI defenders. It continued in his CFL career. Gives Ryan something to shoot for.

El_Chapo
06-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Ryan Smith could give 2 shits less about dressler haha. Preposterous statement right up there.

NorthernBison
06-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Ryan Smith could give 2 shits less about dressler haha. Preposterous statement right up there.

Apparently you know zero about the Roughriders and their fans. Big shoes to fill. Go back to the Lake.

El_Chapo
06-22-2014, 02:53 PM
you made it sound like Ryan felt that ---- "Gives Ryan something to shoot for"
I stand by my statement that knowing Ryan, he gives 2 shits less about dressler.

NorthernBison
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
you made it sound like Ryan felt that ---- "Gives Ryan something to shoot for"
I stand by my statement that knowing Ryan, he gives 2 shits less about dressler.

Ryan shouldn't care. Still doesn't change the fact that he will always be compared to Dressler. The bar has been set.

EightyfourBison
06-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Anyone a member of the Roughrider Forum @ http://forums.riderville.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90317 and want to set this guy straight?

"Ryan smith misplayed a ball and dropped to his knees for it and I think had i bounce off his throat lol....but he is good...really good. Knows how to get open, solid hands, can return...he is a LOT like Dressler...go figure...same size same school same coaching staff. "

westnodak93bison
06-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Anyone a member of the Roughrider Forum @ http://forums.riderville.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90317 and want to set this guy straight?

"Ryan smith misplayed a ball and dropped to his knees for it and I think had i bounce off his throat lol....but he is good...really good. Knows how to get open, solid hands, can return...he is a LOT like Dressler...go figure...same size same school same coaching staff. "

yeah, amazing how misinformed people are...maybe Ryan played for the North Dakota Bison at the Hillsboro campus?

stevdock
06-23-2014, 06:06 PM
FYI Ryan's Saskatchewan team plays on ESPN2 on Saturday at 2:30 our time.

Bison_Pride
06-23-2014, 06:15 PM
In one of his interviews, Ryan Smith said Weston Dressler called him up after signing his contract with the Roughriders and congratulated him and offered him advice on the team and on playing in the CFL.

Seems like a classy guy who wants to see another ND guy do well.

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2014, 06:21 PM
In one of his interviews, Ryan Smith said Weston Dressler called him up after signing his contract with the Roughriders and congratulated him and offered him advice on the team and on playing in the CFL.

Seems like a classy guy who wants to see another ND guy do well.

Can Ryan trust Dressler's advice considering his previous, colossal lapse in judgement? I figure he probably was good enough to play for NDSU.....

westnodak93bison
06-24-2014, 01:17 AM
10.44 vs. 10.65 is almost 2 meters or just over half a Zenner

scottietohottie
06-25-2014, 09:02 PM
FYI Ryan's Saskatchewan team plays on ESPN2 on Saturday at 2:30 our time.

Team site says they play at 5:00 pm Sunday June 29. Don't see it on tv guide?

http://www.riderville.com/schedule/list/team/4

DORMIE
06-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I served on the Alumni Board with Weston's cousin. She said that Weston wanted to come to NDSU. We took Shaman Washington instead. That's why he ended up at _ND.

tony
06-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I served on the Alumni Board with Weston's cousin. She said that Weston wanted to come to NDSU. We took Shaman Washington instead. That's why he ended up at _ND.

Huge miss by NDSU. Still bugs me. Weston would have been a great player for NDSU - glad it worked out for him though.

NorthernBison
06-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Team site says they play at 5:00 pm Sunday June 29. Don't see it on tv guide?

http://www.riderville.com/schedule/list/team/4
That's 5:00 PM Mountain time. 6:00 CDT. I haven't seen it on a TV listing yet. Last year ESPN2 aired CFL games but later in the season.

17>1
06-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Got my leave approved through work to head up to Winnipeg August 7th. Gonna wear some Bison swag and show Ryan some support.

Jelo
06-27-2014, 09:00 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: CFL announces TV deal w/ESPN, former #NDSU standout Ryan Smith debuts Sunday for Saskatchewan vs Hamilton, live 6pm on ESPN3

https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/482618939264884736

56BISON73
06-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Got my leave approved through work to head up to Winnipeg August 7th. Gonna wear some Bison swag and show Ryan some support.

Have your Passport?

NorthernBison
06-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Have your Passport?
If he doesn't, he better have his Birth Certificate with.

17>1
06-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Have your Passport?

I do. Got it last year for this exact same scenario. Went up there for a Winnipeg Blue Bomber game and they were playing Saskatchewan, who is a huge rival to them. Left that game not being a big fan of Canadian football but I'm way more interested in seeing another game with Ryan playing in it.

17>1
06-27-2014, 11:11 PM
If he doesn't, he better have his Birth Certificate with.

It's my understanding that the Border Patrol is a little more picky about allowing people thru with anything less than a passport.

NorthernBison
06-28-2014, 01:14 AM
It's my understanding that the Border Patrol is a little more picky about allowing people thru with anything less than a passport.

If you can prove your identity (drivers license) AND citizenship (birth certificate) you cannot be denied entry into the USA (assuming you are a US citizen). I got that directly from a US Customs Officer.

If you ever find yourself in that situation, you should be polite and respectful if they choose you give you a mild lecture and treat you like a not so bright child. They will also probably give you some brochures.

I have a passport. It's way easier. The above is good to know though. I keep birth certificate copies in all of my vehicles in case passports get lost.

There has been talk of the Canadians adopting the same rules as our border crossings use. They would be under no obligation to let you in. I've never been asked at the smaller crossings. Pembina might be completely different.

perthbison
06-28-2014, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=11>1;878223]It's my understanding that the Border Patrol is a little more picky about allowing people thru with anything less than a passport.[/QUOTEA little secret that they don't tell you at customs is that they have to let you back into the US if you are a US citizen.

scottietohottie
06-28-2014, 01:01 PM
They will let you into Canada eh without passport and if your a US citizen they have to let you back in sooner or later might give you a little lecture but you'll get home eventually

Bison 4 Life
06-28-2014, 01:37 PM
If you can prove your identity (drivers license) AND citizenship (birth certificate) you cannot be denied entry into the USA (assuming you are a US citizen). I got that directly from a US Customs Officer.

If you ever find yourself in that situation, you should be polite and respectful if they choose you give you a mild lecture and treat you like a not so bright child. They will also probably give you some brochures.

I have a passport. It's way easier. The above is good to know though. I keep birth certificate copies in all of my vehicles in case passports get lost.

There has been talk of the Canadians adopting the same rules as our border crossings use. They would be under no obligation to let you in. I've never been asked at the smaller crossings. Pembina might be completely different.

Remember when you could just drive through the booth and sometimes they'd wave you by? Usually they ask "where are you going" but that was about it.

HerdBoy
06-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Ryan Smith after practice interview.

http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/97831

17>1
06-28-2014, 03:27 PM
All I know is that I called ahead to the BP and asked what I needed to get across. I mentioned birth certificate, temp. passport card they give you until the real one arrives, etc. Dude told me I needed my passport. So I waited.

CaBisonFan
06-28-2014, 07:48 PM
There's no need for politics on bisonville. Bison football (and other sports) unites us. When I'm at a game or watching on tv, I don't see politics in the stadium. It doesn't occur to me.

Yes...different parts of the country and the world lean one direction or another...amazing. So what?

tony
06-28-2014, 07:53 PM
If you have a problem with the way the board is moderated, please take it to the Suggestions board.

Pretty sure the board's policy on partisan politics was very clear.

After this line, posts in this thread will be about Ryan Smith and not about politics or responses to this post:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HerdBoy
06-29-2014, 05:04 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: CFL announces TV deal w/ESPN, former #NDSU standout Ryan Smith debuts Sunday for Saskatchewan vs Hamilton, live 6pm on ESPN3

https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/482618939264884736

Shoot, I don't have ESPN3(Dickey Rural Networks). I'll have to watch it on-line again.

Dubbsy
06-30-2014, 12:23 AM
No play by play here?

Ryan just had a big punt return late in the 2nd.

HerdBoy
06-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Yeah it was a nice return. Not sure how many yards it was. 24-1 at half. Roughriders kicking butt.

Dubbsy
06-30-2014, 12:56 AM
This is a very..different..game to get used to watching.

HerdBoy
06-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Yes it is different. I've watched a game or 2 in the past. I've watched all of the Roughrider games so far this year.

Dubbsy
06-30-2014, 01:37 AM
48 yards on that punt return per https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/483404892229218306

1998braves64
06-30-2014, 03:17 AM
A lot of the major crossings such as Pembina essentially want to see a passport you can go 20 miles west and they barely will check anything. Only time a passport is required is by air (for sure) and boat (I think?).

Minnesota is coming out with the "passport" drivers licenses now which will negates the need for a passport or birth certificate when going through by land. Eventually think ND is going to get them also.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBoy
06-30-2014, 03:49 AM
That's a good idea.

devin45k
06-30-2014, 04:40 AM
http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/98075

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/98075/autostart/1

3:15 mark is his punt return

GOBISON123
06-30-2014, 04:50 AM

#2 all the way....I guess Ryan Smith is teaching Roughriders how to play Bison football.....Hamilton House Cats QB got sacked 10 times....:facepalm:

scottietohottie
06-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Looked like he had a couple blocks that gave the backs a couple extra yards too.

devin45k
06-30-2014, 03:05 PM
#2 all the way....I guess Ryan Smith is teaching Roughriders how to play Bison football.....Hamilton House Cats QB got sacked 10 times....:facepalm:

The CFL is actually pretty exciting to watch......The other team's QB got destroyed that game lol

HerdBoy
06-30-2014, 10:24 PM
The CFL is actually pretty exciting to watch......The other team's QB got destroyed that game lol

The receivers running around in the backfield. 12 players and 3 downs. I think it's pretty cool.

tony
06-30-2014, 11:06 PM
The receivers running around in the backfield. 12 players and 3 downs. I think it's pretty cool.

Wonder if a place like Fargo could ever get a CFL team?

westnodak93bison
06-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Impossible, Fargodome is too small, can't be expanded, extra scholarships would cost too much and then there is Title 9. Should have never left DII. Beer sales would offend the blue haired ladies. Purple font.

56BISON73
07-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Impossible, Fargodome is too small, can't be expanded, extra scholarships would cost too much and then there is Title 9. Should have never left DII. Beer sales would offend the blue haired ladies. Purple font.

Youre so D2. Small thinker harrumph

HerdBot
07-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Youre so D2. Small thinker harrumph

I'm thinking NAIA or D3

Green1
07-01-2014, 02:46 AM

VIVA LA SOUTH CANADA !!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::bunnyb::biggrin::biggrin:

MAKBison
07-01-2014, 02:51 AM
you friggin idiots...how many times do i have to say it...YOU NEED A CONFERENCE INVITE!!!!!

Bison_Pride
07-01-2014, 04:38 AM
There were American teams in the CFL from 93-95.

GOBISON123
07-01-2014, 07:15 AM
viva la south canada !!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::bunnyb::biggrin::biggrin:

south canada = north texas

A1pigskin
07-02-2014, 01:19 AM

Very nice.

StL Bison Fan
07-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Ryan's game today will be on espn2 at 2 pm central

HerdBoy
07-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Does Andre Martin play for the Argonauts? I thought I saw him on the sidelines.

56BISON73
07-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Does Andre Martin play for the Argonauts? I thought I saw him on the sidelines.

http://bluetoro.ca/2014/05/16/argonauts-former-nfl-player-andre-martin-among-latest-signings/

El_Chapo
07-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Saw rye with a diving catch on sidelines during game...sweet

HerdBoy
07-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Saw rye with a diving catch on sidelines during game...sweet

Looks like he caught 2 passes for 51 yards.

SomeBeach
07-06-2014, 12:19 AM

Since it'd be a South of the Border team, they could call them the Fargo Cojone-EH's!

devin45k
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Hopefully, Ryan gets more punt returns. The other guy wasn't very impressive during Saturday's game.

I am saying this without any bias.

17>1
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Got our hotel rooms reserved for the August 7th game. Still waiting on the hookup for tickets from my Dads Canadian friends. Thinking I may have to invest in a Smith shirt of some kind for the game.

Bison 4 Life
07-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked at the punt return stats for the Riders this year. This is what I found.

Marshay Green 10 for 107
Ryan Smith 1 for 48

So Ryan breaks a big one and they never try it again?

westnodak93bison
07-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked at the punt return stats for the Riders this year. This is what I found.

Marshay Green 10 for 107
Ryan Smith 1 for 48

Thought the same thing

Bisonator98
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Marshay Green 10 for 107
Ryan Smith 1 for 48

He also has the third best receiving yard average but doesn't get targeted nearly enough IMO.

Their OL isn't very good IMO from the one game I was able to watch the QB was on his back most of the time.

StL Bison Fan
07-22-2014, 06:15 PM
He also has the third best receiving yard average but doesn't get targeted nearly enough IMO.

Their OL isn't very good IMO from the one game I was able to watch the QB was on his back most of the time.
Their D isn't much better

Bisonator98
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Their D isn't much better

I know. Don't remember who they were playing but they couldn't get a stop to save their life. Just pathetic.

scottietohottie
07-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I herd Ryan needs to work on his A pronouncing he is still using the traditional American a and needs to be using the Canadian eh. Once he fixes this he will start seeing the ball more got to work on the little things in the big leagues. If he would have went to school in gf he would have picked up on this quicker.

westnodak93bison
07-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I herd Ryan needs to work on his A pronouncing he is still using the traditional American a and needs to be using the Canadian eh. Once he fixes this he will start seeing the ball more got to work on the little things in the big leagues. If he would have went to school in gf he would have picked up on this quicker.
And he needs to start spelling offense with a c

Bison 4 Life
07-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Maybe he needs to put on weight. I suggest this:

http://veryberryextraordinary.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/2012-03-12-the-origin-of-the-word-poutine1.jpg

1998braves64
07-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Much better picture of weight gaining meal from the location where it originates from. Not sure if I am doing this picture right, first time from my phone!

IzzyFlexion
07-23-2014, 03:58 AM

Marshay Green 10 for 107
Ryan Smith 1 for 48

Marshay, Marshay, Marshay!!

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/06/25/BRADY-BUNCH-JAN_610.jpg

bisoningrandforks
07-26-2014, 03:40 PM
tonight on ESPN 2 at 9:00pm central....riders vs argos....hope they throw Ryan the ball more and/or he gets to return punts....also tonight at 6:00pm central on ESPN 3 Hamilton ti-cats are playing...dont know if Sam Ojuri is playing or just on practice squad still...he's number 18

A1pigskin
07-26-2014, 06:00 PM
tonight on ESPN 2 at 9:00pm central....riders vs argos....hope they throw Ryan the ball more and/or he gets to return punts....also tonight at 6:00pm central on ESPN 3 Hamilton ti-cats are playing...dont know if Sam Ojuri is playing or just on practice squad still...he's number 18

Thanks for the info.

GOBISON123
07-26-2014, 06:02 PM

Izzo mentioned Ryan dislocated his finger and will be sidelined for a week.

A1pigskin
07-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Does ESPN2 televise CFL often?

devin45k
07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Does ESPN2 televise CFL often?

Yes, 1 or 2 games a week have been shown

HerdBoy
08-02-2014, 02:23 PM
4141(2-2) versus 4142(1-3) today.

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Saskatchewan RR playing Winnipeg BB on ESPN3 right now. Haven't seen Ryan Smith yet still in the 1st quarter/period/stanza whatever they call it in CFL! :)

EC8CH
08-08-2014, 01:04 AM
He's been in when they run their 14 reciever set or whatever it is... Canadian football is weird.

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 01:37 AM
talking about smith right now!

Edit: didn't catch much of it, but they were already talking about him being from North Dakota State (also compared of course to Dressler) and his parents making the 5 hour drive up to watch him. Don't know how far south of Wahpeton they live but it's only 3 hours from Fargo if you don't get hung up at the border! :)

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 01:42 AM
He's been in when they run their 14 reciever set or whatever it is... Canadian football is weird.

Yeah... 12 men extra 10 yards on the field goal posts at the end zone line and a 30 yard end zone... forward motion receivers and backs. I think they do 6 receiver sets is when he gets in.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 02:28 AM
what channel is the game on or is it radio

talking about smith right now!

Edit: didn't catch much of it, but they were already talking about him being from North Dakota State (also compared of course to Dressler) and his parents making the 5 hour drive up to watch him. Don't know how far south of Wahpeton they live but it's only 3 hours from Fargo if you don't get hung up at the border! :)

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 02:31 AM

ESPN3... might be on satellite radio? I'm watching on ESPN3 though.

And Smith just made a reception. But negated by a facemask.

EC8CH
08-08-2014, 02:31 AM

Espn3

10char

17>1
08-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Didn't make it up to Canada for this one. Dad bailed last minute and I decided to go to Chicago for the weekend.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 02:34 AM
Dont get shot

Didn't make it up to Canada for this one. Dad bailed last minute and I decided to go to Chicago for the weekend.

17>1
08-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Dont get shot

You're seriously like the 12th person to tell me this. Should've brought along some Kevlar.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 02:41 AM
wife and I used to go to Chitown a lot...not so much anymore. Of course 2 kids changes alot. Anyway, we always had a blast. Talking to friends who live there things are not so good, even in the good spots.

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
You're seriously like the 12th person to tell me this. Should've brought along some Kevlar.

Plenty of safe places in Chicago. Quite boring really.

MAKBison
08-08-2014, 03:02 PM
plenty of unsafe places as well

Plenty of safe places in Chicago. Quite boring really.

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
plenty of unsafe places as well

Why would one intentionally go to the unsafe places?

StL Bison Fan
08-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Why would one intentionally go to the unsafe places?

Garmin fail

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Garmin fail

Probably better if you don't put "hookers and drugs" into your search.

Getting back on topic - since this other slot receiver is in all kinds of trouble, why can't Ryan get more than one reception?

westnodak93bison
08-08-2014, 04:43 PM

Getting back on topic - since this other slot receiver is in all kinds of trouble, why can't Ryan get more than one reception?
They won didn't they?

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2014, 04:47 PM
They won didn't they?

I don't know how that's related

1998braves64
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Because as someone stated last night... they have about 14 receivers on the field each play so tough to get a lot of catches. And the RR QB didn't impress me much with his throws (a lot of low throws and such). The Winnipeg BB QB looked much better. Was the one reception counted that he made but technically was negated by a penalty? Do they still credit them with a reception. I think the play was negated because I believe they went penalty back from the original LOS.

scottietohottie
08-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Wday channel 6 is having a segment on Ryan Smith at ten tonight.

A1pigskin
08-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Glad to see Ryan is getting some press.

td577
08-12-2014, 12:48 AM
I think as he shows his team his propensity to find open holes in the defense and his reliability in catching the ball, their confidence will grow. He wasn't an immediate go to guy in college either, but it didn't take very long for Brock to appreciate what he had in Smith when he was on the field. The team moved the chains very well when Smith played and sometimes struggled when he didn't. Ryan will instill the same confidence in any QB he gets to work with over the course of a season. It is way too early in his career to expect the favoritism to move from other WRs to him. Eventually he will show enough that someone will tell the QB to start throwing him the damn ball.

NorthernBison
08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
The Roughriders signed Dressler today. I'm assuming that means they have to release an "import". Fingers crossed that it isn't Ryan. I really don't know much about the makeup of their roster.

NorthernBison
08-28-2014, 07:14 PM
I just checked the roster and Ryan is still on the active roster (46 players). That's good news.

A1pigskin
08-28-2014, 07:18 PM
I just checked the roster and Ryan is still on the active roster (46 players). That's good news.

Good to hear.

NDSU1980
08-28-2014, 07:44 PM
No respectable team would ever release an NDSU player or resign a UN_ player.

Dubbsy
08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Poor ryan smith, the only guy in sasky not happy that Dressler is back. Sounds like Ryan won't be playing today.

HerdBot
08-31-2014, 08:29 PM
The Roughriders signed Dressler today. I'm assuming that means they have to release an "import". Fingers crossed that it isn't Ryan. I really don't know much about the makeup of their roster.

I doubt it. It's pretty tough to not resign a stud like Dressler. I think it's pretty kick ass to have both Ryan Smith and Dressler on the team. 2 North Dakota kids.... doesn't get much better

td577
08-31-2014, 10:07 PM
I doubt it. It's pretty tough to not resign a stud like Dressler. I think it's pretty kick ass to have both Ryan Smith and Dressler on the team. 2 North Dakota kids.... doesn't get much better

I don't know the rules on imports, but there is a limit. While we know Ryan is worth keeping, it is still a numbers game when it comes to US football players in the CFL. The good thing is he doesn't play running back which is a much more generic position up there.

Thundering Herd
10-04-2014, 02:56 AM
So I just turned on rough riders game on espn deuce. Is smith still playing? Haven't seen him yet and talk about him died on here.

El_Chapo
10-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Been pretty slow

1998braves64
10-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Probably got shoved behind Dressler??

StL Bison Fan
10-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Probably got shoved behind Dressler??

Then someone needs to move the dressler and get him out

Sorry, couldn't help myself

NorthernBison
10-04-2014, 04:22 AM
So I just turned on rough riders game on espn deuce. Is smith still playing? Haven't seen him yet and talk about him died on here.

I don't think Ryan has been on the active roster since Dressler came back.

A week or so ago, Weston returned a punt 7; yards and had a long TD catch for the game winning score. He's not coming off the field as long as he's healthy.

They are getting whipped tonight by Calgary.

Dubbsy
10-23-2014, 04:44 PM
I think Ryan has been on the active roster most of the season sans injuries (out last week with something).

Ryan was added back to the active roster this week. Might get some playing time now with Dressler out a week with an injury.

Game is on ESPN3 tomorrow night.

CFL roster rules are too damned complicated. The depth charts include a full 46 active roster but I think they only dress 44?

NorthernBison
10-23-2014, 05:53 PM
I think Ryan has been on the active roster most of the season sans injuries (out last week with something).

Ryan was added back to the active roster this week. Might get some playing time now with Dressler out a week with an injury.

Game is on ESPN3 tomorrow night.

CFL roster rules are too damned complicated. The depth charts include a full 46 active roster but I think they only dress 44?

Nope. You don't have to be injured to be on the one game injured roster.

Ryan was active last week. No stat line. He will get more chances if Dressler is not available.

Siouxfallsbison
10-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Nope. You don't have to be injured to be on the one game injured roster.

Ryan was active last week. No stat line. He will get more chances if Dressler is not available.

Heard he may play some at RB this week.

Bison81
10-23-2014, 06:22 PM

My wife and I were at the the roughriders game on Sept 21(our daughter lives in Saskatoon)- game was sold out - fans were fired up - beautiful weather- game is way more exciting in person
than on tv- and way better than watching the Vikings live- fans dressed up like a pirate waving flags. Ryan didn't play , Dressler was the best player on the field - scored two touchdown- fans are passionate.

NorthernBison
10-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Maybe. I don't know. The depth chart for tomorrow shows Ryan as one of the SB's with Swain. They just signed Steven Miller (App State/Detroit Lions) and he's the #2 PR/KR ahead of Ryan. Miller is also listed as the #3 RB.

bruinbison
03-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Ryan Smith retires from pro football - per Dom Izzo

http://www.wday.com/sports/football/4243573-ryan-smith-retires-pro-football#.WN5wPYy2v08.twitter

CaBisonFan
03-31-2017, 04:15 PM
Good luck in your next endeavor Ryan. You're a great Bison.

Bisonator98
03-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Congrats to Ryan on a fine career and good luck to him on his future endeavors. Liked watching him play the game the right way, all out every play!

bisoningrandforks
03-31-2017, 08:15 PM
enjoyed watching you Ryan, thanks for the memories!

HerdBoy
03-31-2017, 08:59 PM
He was out most of last season with injuries. A tough decision for him I'm sure. Great fun watching Ryan play through the years.

Christopher Moen
03-31-2017, 11:26 PM
I will always refer to him as the "Master of the Jet-Sweep."

With that said, wishing him the best!

scottietohottie
04-01-2017, 12:29 AM
I will always refer to him as the "Master of the Jet-Sweep."

With that said, wishing him the best!

Money on third down.

El_Chapo
04-01-2017, 03:16 AM
taking over daddys investment firm?

lascrs
04-01-2017, 03:40 AM
Best wishes for the future.

HerdBot
04-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Ryan Smith was on the Insiders yesterday. It was in the first hour. (good guests has Randy Hedberg and Ross Uglem from Bison Report)
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-4-2017-full-show

HerdBot
04-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Ryan Smith was also on The Brakedown yesterday. It's on the full show which was short because of the Baseball game
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-wednesday-april-5th-full-show

A1pigskin
04-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Best of luck to you Ryan. Thank you for the FB memories.

IzzyFlexion
04-07-2017, 12:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm08fOHKeuM

Very interesting side note.......Shortly after posting this, it was hack edited by someone. At the 1:07 mark, the video now jumps from the 2nd quarter to :54 seconds left in the 4th quarter.
Now, I don't have the "technological know how" to do something like that. I suspect that the knucklehead with the Fred Flintstone lodge hat at 1:08 could be responsible.

Snowgoose
04-07-2017, 04:37 PM
i loved watching Ryan play. Funny thing about this site is lots of people clamoring for big WR in the recruiting pages.but give me a guy with heart and passion any day no matter the size like Ryan. See most of new England's WR over the last decade.

bruinbison
05-10-2023, 06:24 PM
And now Ryan Smith signs with the……Wahpeton Huskies!

Wahpeton Huskie Football
@wahpfootball
·22h

Very excited to announce some great additions to our Huskies Football coaching staff. Former Sr Athlete of the Year for the Huskies and National Champion at NDSU, Ryan Smith will be coaching with the varsity. He’s ready to get it going like he did as a player.

Kevin
05-10-2023, 06:50 PM
And now Ryan Smith signs with the……Wahpeton Huskies!

read this is as washington huskies and was confused for a second.

congrats to ryan smith, he was a great bison but an even better huskie. hope he creates some champions down there and sends them our way.

our way, ryan. not klieman's.

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2023, 08:55 PM
read this is as washington huskies and was confused for a second.

congrats to ryan smith, he was a great bison but an even better huskie. hope he creates some champions down there and sends them our way.

our way, ryan. not klieman's.

When I think freak athletes who played at NDSU, Ryan is on that list. If he was just a little bigger....he would have been a lock for the NFL.