PDA

View Full Version : Saul to Tulsa if offerred.

El_Chapo
04-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't think he's worthy of this with only 1 big win in 5 years (Oklahoma game) but Tulsa can hire him cheap (think $400k) & say "this guy beat Oklahoma & Tim Miles at Nebraska is his best buddy and Bo Ryans kid is coming too)" done deal if offerred

westnodak93bison
04-04-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't think he's worthy of this with only 1 big win in 5 years (Oklahoma game) but Tulsa can hire him cheap (think $400k) & say "this guy beat Oklahoma & Tim Miles at Nebraska is his best buddy and Bo Ryans kid is coming too)" done deal if offerred

Amigo, I doubt they will boot Danny Manning for Saul.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gotts
04-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Don't have to. Danny Manning took a job at Wake Forest.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10726791/wake-forest-agrees-tulsa-danny-manning

westnodak93bison
04-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Ok

NDSUstudent
04-04-2014, 05:05 PM
FGCU coach Joe Dooley has been tossed around for the job, he was a KU assistant under Self and so has SFA's coach who played at K-State and was an assistant under Frank Martin. Haven't seen a lot of talk about Saul.

Looked at their board and their fans want an uptempo coach.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Ok

Where you been amigo los moco Manning long gone to the east coast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bison03
04-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Maybe Saul doesn't want to og to Tulsa. Maybe Tulsa has 10 other coaches in mind before Saul. Maybe winning 1 tournamnet game doesn't automatically make you every school's #1 canidate.

NDSUstudent
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm guessing Tulsa will pay their next coach $500-700k. Seems they have the money to hire a number of good coaches, probably makes Saul a darkhorse.

Wouldn't be shocked if they stick with a coach with KU ties. Which makes FGCU coach Joe Dooley the favorite, their playing style wouldn't change much at all.

fbmind
04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Have no clue if Saul is a candidate or not. However, hard to believe he would be a leading candidate based off two things...

1. He has no ties or experience recruiting in the traditional footprint where Tulsa draws players from (OK, TX).

2. Past Tulsa coaches include Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith, Bill Self, Steve Robinson...Tulsa is a mid-major job that has appeal to a lot of up and coming coaches. The program is supported well and it is a great stepping stone to a major conference/position (as those past coaches and Danny Manning have proved). My point is that every hot, up-and-coming coach is going to be interested in this job...including ones with much better ties to the area than Saul

ndsubison1
04-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Have no clue if Saul is a candidate or not. However, hard to believe he would be a leading candidate based off two things...

1. He has no ties or experience recruiting in the traditional footprint where Tulsa draws players from (OK, TX).

2. Past Tulsa coaches include Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith, Bill Self, Steve Robinson...Tulsa is a mid-major job that has appeal to a lot of up and coming coaches. The program is supported well and it is a great stepping stone to a major conference/position (as those past coaches and Danny Manning have proved). My point is that every hot, up-and-coming coach is going to be interested in this job...including ones with much better ties to the area than Saul

this doesnt mean as much as you think it does

fbmind
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
this doesnt mean as much as you think it does

Really? I love how you support that statement with evidence.

So by your logic, BC hiring Christian from Ohio yesterday had nothing to do with the fact that Christian went to college in Boston and has extensive ties to the Northeast.

And don't use Manning as an example to support your case. He's a former All-American who played in the NBA and has name appeal that allows him to transcend boundaries that Saul cannot. Also, Manning coached at Kansas, which gave him access to doors around the country that Saul has never had either.

yukon
04-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Not to mention, Manning grew up 30 miles from Wake Forest.

El_Chapo
04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Some of u don't listen to el chapo I said. "If offerred"

I don't think Saul is going anywhere but he will jump on anything $400k + faster than a flea on a Mexican jumping bean.

SamsRams
04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Some of u don't listen to el chapo I said. "If offerred"

I don't think Saul is going anywhere but he will jump on anything $400k + faster than a flea on a Mexican jumping bean.
Great point and great thread. I look forward to your next threads "if offered the timberwolves head coaching job Saul will take it" or "if a 5 star wants to sign with ndsu, saul will take him".

You absolutely are dominating the obvious speculation realm. Thanks for such great insight

HoopsBison
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Certainly your recruiting footprint matters along with ties to the area but it's not quite as important like it is in football.

I'm much more worried about the Ohio job then the Tulsa job.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Great point and great thread. I look forward to your next threads "if offered the timberwolves head coaching job Saul will take it" or "if a 5 star wants to sign with ndsu, saul will take him".

You absolutely are dominating the obvious speculation realm. Thanks for such great insight

Hey everyone Mr knowitall has chimed in, oh tell us wise one what to post, please do gringo

SamsRams
04-04-2014, 10:57 PM
If Saul wins the powerball he will accept the money.

If Saul is approaching a red light he will stop

If Saul goes number 2 he will use toilet paper.

This thread rules

roadwarrior
04-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Lakes to ESPN if offered

56BISON73
04-04-2014, 11:28 PM

:rofl::rofl:

SamsRams
04-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Lakes to ESPN if offered

If bisonation.com measage board is turned on again people will continue to not post there

unbison
04-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Could the two little kids quit pissing on each others cheerios in public its so last year

SlickVic
04-05-2014, 01:38 AM
If your in high school and play sports samsrams will stalk you...like my amigo el chapa I also have viva las insightful mind

SamsRams
04-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Could the two little kids quit pissing on each others cheerios in public its so last year

When people post idiotic threads they will get idiotic responses. El chalo is new to the board so not sure how its so last year. Unless you are claiming he is someone who is too ashamed to admit to being? If so shouldn't we get some ban spray out?

ndsubison1
04-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Really? I love how you support that statement with evidence.

So by your logic, BC hiring Christian from Ohio yesterday had nothing to do with the fact that Christian went to college in Boston and has extensive ties to the Northeast.

And don't use Manning as an example to support your case. He's a former All-American who played in the NBA and has name appeal that allows him to transcend boundaries that Saul cannot. Also, Manning coached at Kansas, which gave him access to doors around the country that Saul has never had either.

Really. Has much more to do with his success in the Mac than playing for Boston University

ndsubison1
04-05-2014, 04:05 AM
unless a ton of ppl turn down tulsa saul isnt going there. like bisonbohl said more worried about ohio

SamsRams
04-05-2014, 04:18 AM
unless a ton of ppl turn down tulsa saul isnt going there. like bisonbohl said more worried about ohio

Ohio concerns me a little also. But I have this guy feeling Saul will be back. Its almost like he is too genuine and honest with everyone (including the media) that it is uncomfortable to certain people.

BisonFan02
04-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Ohio concerns me a little also. But I have this guy feeling Saul will be back. Its almost like he is too genuine and honest with everyone (including the media) that it is uncomfortable to certain people.

This. Saul's antics at times is going to hurt him at bigger programs.

heckler
04-05-2014, 04:40 PM

Teh Tulsa World agrees with you.

El_Chapo
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes senior~ I'm a great basketball mind http://m.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/tu/tulsa-basketball-the-search-begins/article_0c9bbda2-f617-5414-a09b-ca6712a16adf.html?mode=jqm

The Lost Dutchman
04-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd still be more concerned about Ohio, http://www.athensohiotoday.com/blogs/bobcat_blog/sources-ndsu-s-phillips-winthrop-s-kelsey-believed-to-be/article_cfefec4a-750d-519d-917b-5e5d6fa91101.html