Feb 19 IUPUI
Feb 21 Fort Wayne
Feb 26 @ORU

DePereBisonFan
03-25-2014, 09:10 PM
vs UN_
vs Akron
@Southern Miss

I also remember hearing that we will host a few games in an early season tournament as part of our deal with the Gazelle Group. It looks like Minnesota will host USD and UN_ so I don't think we'll be playing them again this upcoming season.

Thanks for the update. Good schedule thus far. I would like to see UWGB back on the schedule.

ndsubison1
03-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Pitino scared? Also, GB would be great to get back on the schedule. Hope we play in Scheels Arena. They will set up some chairs behind the basket but the main section behind there is far back.

marenlee
03-25-2014, 10:48 PM
I have been planning to go to the Southern Miss game for a while now. Provided I'm not underway. Southern Miss is only about an hour away from the in-law and half a day's drive. Any chances of any other Bison fans besides myself and the Mrs?

bisonfan08
03-26-2014, 02:37 PM
vs UN_
vs Akron
@Southern Miss

I also remember hearing that we will host a few games in an early season tournament as part of our deal with the Gazelle Group. It looks like Minnesota will host USD and UN_ so I don't think we'll be playing them again this upcoming season.

This is a decent start and hopefully we can get a couple of high major games through the Gazelle Group deal, I think that contract was one of the best things to happen for our program. It got us the games against ND and Ohio St last year and coming off a tourney appearance and win I think we should get something decent again this year. Looking forward to hearing what they'll be!

DePereBisonFan
03-26-2014, 05:35 PM
This is a decent start and hopefully we can get a couple of high major games through the Gazelle Group deal, I think that contract was one of the best things to happen for our program. It got us the games against ND and Ohio St last year and coming off a tourney appearance and win I think we should get something decent again this year. Looking forward to hearing what they'll be!

I'm curious about this well. How much does a tournament win impact our ability to schedule new OOC teams and possibly get them to come to Fargo?

GRAFTONBISON
03-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Saul just said on the Jack Michaels show that we play Montana St. next year.

DePereBisonFan
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
I looked briefly at UNI's schedule before and after their Sweet Sixteen run in March 2010 (wow, it was that long ago?).

Their schedule that season (2009-2010) included 6 home games and 5 away games. @Denver, @DePaul, East Carolina, @Boston College, NIU, @ISU, Iowa, Siena, @North Dakota, Wyoming, ODU

The next season (2010-2011) included 7 home and 5 away. @Syracuse, Coe, @Milwaukee, North Dakota, ISU, @TCU, @Iowa, Morehead St, SC State, SIU-Edwardsville, @Indiana, New Mexico, George Mason

In 2011-2012 it included 6 home and 6 away: @ODU, @St. Marys, UNC, Western Carolina, @Rice, @Providence, @ISU, CSU, Iowa, Milwaukee, Ohio, @VCU

In all, it looks like it may have opened up some doors with other conferences, but they had some quality home and away opponents before and after their run. They also seem to schedule a lot of home-and-home contracts for back-to-back years.

bruinbison
03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Saul just said on the Jack Michaels show that we play Montana St. next year.

In the category of "fool me once......" :) I assume that means Montana State plays in Fargo first???
Anyone know?

Bison03
03-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I still don't get why we can't thow out a game with Valley City State or Mayville State and play UN_ twice in a season. I know it's not usually done with a non-conference member. But it would be good to have a home game against them every year.

NDSUstudent
03-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I still don't get why we can't thow out a game with Valley City State or Mayville State and play UN_ twice in a season. I know it's not usually done with a non-conference member. But it would be good to have a home game against them every year.

I'll pass on that. Don't need to kill our RPI twice.

We need to try to get some MVC schools on the schedule.

Bisonator98
03-26-2014, 07:59 PM
We need to try to get some MVC schools on the schedule.

Apparently they're too snobby to play their FB conference mates!:bleh:

HoopsBison
03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Saul needs to call Jeter at UW Milwaukee and get that match up going.

Also would be fun to get Toledo on that schedule and see Coach Kemp again.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Strongman
04-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Need to get rid of the Mayville State and Valley City State games. I don't care about playing the Sioux. But if we can improve our schedule, perhaps we could get an at large bid with a 22 plus win season eventually.

ndsubison1
04-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Need to get rid of the Mayville State and Valley City State games. I don't care about playing the Sioux. But if we can improve our schedule, perhaps we could get an at large bid with a 22 plus win season eventually.

So will you get DI teams to come in and get us home games?

NDSUstudent
04-01-2014, 05:01 AM

Non-DI games actually help our RPI according to Saul since they don't count, a home game against a bad RPI team is not helpful at all. Getting teams with consistently good RPI's to Fargo is a challenge. That said we should never play more than 2 non-D1s in one season, the committee will ding you if you load up on them.

To get an at-large it takes a combination of record, RPI, SOS, quality wins(top 50 especially) and few to no bad losses. Getting top 50 wins is really the most vital part, it shows the committee that you can beat tournament teams.

Just look at SFA this year, great record but no really good wins and a bad SOS....they had no shot an at-large.

North Side
04-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Non-DI games actually help our RPI according to Saul since they don't count, a home game against a bad RPI team is not helpful at all. Getting teams with consistently good RPI's to Fargo is a challenge. That said we should never play more than 2 non-D1s in one season, the committee will ding you if you load up on them.

To get an at-large it takes a combination of record, RPI, SOS, quality wins(top 50 especially) and few to no bad losses. Getting top 50 wins is really the most vital part, it shows the committee that you can beat tournament teams.

Just look at SFA this year, great record but no really good wins and a bad SOS....they had no shot an at-large.

Totally agree valley city type teams actually aren't that bad

Bison03
04-01-2014, 07:30 PM

I think he is referring to exhibition games. This past year Concordia was an exhibition and didn't count towards our record. However, DII teams Viterbo and Valley City State counted toward our overrall record. Now, a lot of teams play DII's because you can count 2 of them so that is not unusual. I agrre that I doubt that really hurts our RPI that much. I would rather play someone else but I can see the advantages of playing teams like Valley City, Mayville, Jamestown, and such. It gives us some good warm up games that we should hopefully win easily as well as giving the other schools in North Dakota a chance to play a DI team.

ndsubison1
04-01-2014, 08:47 PM
I think it might be that there's no difference between playing an Naia or D2 team. Saul has said in the past that a lot of it has to do with lack of home games

Bison03
04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Another reason teams (including NDSU) play exhibition games is because you can play true freshman without having to pull a redshirt.

CAS4127
05-05-2014, 09:01 PM
We may be playing somewhere else next year---->https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?fref=nf

roadwarrior
05-05-2014, 09:17 PM
We may be playing somewhere else next year---->https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive?fref=nf

I noticed cracks in the floor when I checked out the building in it's first year. You couldn't see through them at the time, but they definitely were noticeable. Twenty years later, you don't see anything similar in the Fargodome concourse or the concourse at Newman Field.

North Side
05-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah was it built poorly from the start? Since I am always on the north side of town scheels arena seemed to just pop up over night a couple years ago maybe they worked too fast didn't do enough to prep work to deal with this ever changing red river valley clay. I agree with road I saw minor cracks the one time I went into the building around 3 years ago.

Bisonguy
05-06-2014, 02:36 AM
Yeah was it built poorly from the start? Since I am always on the north side of town scheels arena seemed to just pop up over night a couple years ago maybe they worked too fast didn't do enough to prep work to deal with this ever changing red river valley clay. I agree with road I saw minor cracks the one time I went into the building around 3 years ago.

No worries. If the arena seems like it was built rather hastily, they're making up for it with building the practice ice sheets.

NDSUstudent
05-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Bison men to play at the Sun Bowl Invitational....

Dec 21. vs Kent State 5 p.m.
Dec 22. vs UTEP or Alcorn State 5 or 7 p.m.

http://boxscorenews.com/field-set-for-weststar-bank-don-haskins-sun-bowl-invitational-p90096-68.htm#.U4j9ovpIClE.twitter

unbison
05-31-2014, 10:48 AM

That's not built on red river valley clay.... it's built on a silt layer that runs through town... with drift wood and calm shells in it ... I have only been twenty some feet deep in that area so I don't know what's under that but that's what's under their concrete

BYZEN
05-31-2014, 05:22 PM
That's not built on red river valley clay.... it's built on a silt layer that runs through town... with drift wood and calm shells in it ... I have only been twenty some feet deep in that area so I don't know what's under that but that's what's under their concrete

it shouldn't matter what is under there for soil if they had adequate and properly placed pilings with heavy enough footings and strategically placed expansion joints, UNcontrolled cracking like that would never happen. In my experience, this is all on the engineers failing to identify these soil conditions and and design accordingly.

unbison
05-31-2014, 10:32 PM
it doesn't matter what is under there for soil if they had adequate and properly placed pilings with heavy enough footings and strategically placed expansion joints, UNcontrolled cracking like that would never happen. In my experience, this is all on the engineers failing to identify these soil conditions and and design accordingly.

Wtf are you saying it doesn't matter or does it? Make up your mind.... it was a ill thought out project....

DePereBisonFan
06-01-2014, 01:58 AM
Bison men to play at the Sun Bowl Invitational....

Dec 21. vs Kent State 5 p.m.
Dec 22. vs UTEP or Alcorn State 5 or 7 p.m.

http://boxscorenews.com/field-set-for-weststar-bank-don-haskins-sun-bowl-invitational-p90096-68.htm#.U4j9ovpIClE.twitter

Nice! 10 char

ThunderDan
06-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Nice! 10 char

You serious Clark?

SamsRams
06-03-2014, 10:40 AM
You serious Clark?
For this team.....hell yes

ndsubison1
06-03-2014, 09:22 PM
You serious Clark?

Utep was decent last season

Mr Meaty
06-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Utep was decent last season

anyone is better than Mayville or VC.

Bison03
06-04-2014, 04:49 PM
I just saw from multiple twitter sources that we are playing at Montana State on 11/30. Are we really signing contracts with them after they screwed us twice in football?? I guess this proves that Taylor doesn't hold grudges in regurards to scheduling; which is what most und fans would have you believe.

aces1180
06-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I just saw from multiple twitter sources that we are playing at Montana State on 11/30. Are we really signing contracts with them after they screwed us twice in football?? I guess this proves that Taylor doesn't hold grudges in regurards to scheduling; which is what most und fans would have you believe.

Taylor doesn't do scheduling for any sports except football...The individual coaches and staffs do their own.

Bison03
06-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Taylor doesn't do scheduling for any sports except football...The individual coaches and staffs do their own.

While I agree that coaches and their staff schedule, I'm sure that either Taylor or Dorn have the final say and put their name on the contract.

DePereBisonFan
06-04-2014, 05:23 PM
I am excited to see this year's finalized schedule. Looks to be a good variety of DI schools from a variety of conferences. Any word if we'll renew the every other year game with UW Green Bay?

NDSUstudent
06-04-2014, 11:53 PM
While I agree that coaches and their staff schedule, I'm sure that either Taylor or Dorn have the final say and put their name on the contract.

I don't think you can punish MSU's basketball team for what their AD and football team did. Two different sports that have very different scheduling priorities.

Bison03
06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Not really news about our schedule but our former coaches schedules. Saul was just on Jack Michael's show and mentioned that him and Ohio will be taking on Tim Miles and Nebraska in a preseason tournament in Hawaii. That will be a fun game to watch!!

Bison03
06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Just saw Dom post on Twitter that NDSU will host UND in a men's/women's doubleheader on December 13th. There could also be a quarterfinal football game in Fargo that day as well. Might be a crazy day!!

El_Chapo
06-25-2014, 07:22 PM
i hope the mens game is same time as football and there is 0 fans there to watch und game

Bison"FANatic"
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Just saw Dom post on Twitter that NDSU will host UND in a men's/women's doubleheader on December 13th. There could also be a quarterfinal football game in Fargo that day as well. Might be a crazy day!!

The last time we played them on a playoff day wasn't very good at all. Talk about a crowd that looked like they had been kicked in the nuts. It was like nobody cared about the game and the environment was stale stale stale.

aces1180
06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
The last time we played them on a playoff day wasn't very good at all. Talk about a crowd that looked like they had been kicked in the nuts. It was like nobody cared about the game and the environment was stale stale stale.

That day sucked...

StL Bison Fan
06-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Last time we played them in the dome it was stale stale stale.
Saul agreed

56BISON73
06-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Last time we played them in the dome it was stale stale stale.
Saul agreed

That was the game when it was -15 outside plus the wind was blowing 20-30?

CAS4127
06-26-2014, 01:20 AM

I don't think the crowd issue was weather-related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
06-26-2014, 01:36 AM
I don't think the crowd issue was weather-related.

Are you referring to the game two years ago or the one after we lost to EWU.? After EWU I can see why there would be a very lacl luster crowd. Two years ago I heard many who said they didnt go because it was on Sunday and the weather was brutal and they didnt want to go out in it. Hell I almost didnt go but had already bought tickets.

imabison
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Confused, the game would be at the fargodome , and if quarter final football, the can't turn the building that fast????

CAS4127
06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
Are you referring to the game two years ago or the one after we lost to EWU.? After EWU I can see why there would be a very lacl luster crowd. Two years ago I heard many who said they didnt go because it was on Sunday and the weather was brutal and they didnt want to go out in it. Hell I almost didnt go but had already bought tickets.

I may be mixed up--sorry.

56BISON73
06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
Confused, the game would be at the fargodome , and if quarter final football, the can't turn the building that fast????

Why wouldnt they hold it at the Scheels center?

CAS4127
06-26-2014, 01:40 AM

Just a hunch, but doubt BB games would be played in Dome-->see Lakes' post above.

ndsubison1
06-26-2014, 04:37 AM
bball would be at scheels arena

Bison03
06-26-2014, 03:16 PM
The games are in Scheels Arena. Doubt there would be a scheduling conflict. Even if the bball games are scheduled in the afternoon. A potential home football game would, no doubt, require the games to be pushed back to the evening. My comment wasn't to say there would be a venue conflict. More that it could be a crazy day if there is a football game at 1:00 and then 2 basketball games that night.

StL Bison Fan
06-26-2014, 03:21 PM

That was it. Drove home to the Big E (enderlin) in a pretty hefty snowstorm.
We won but the crowd just wasn't in it. Saul later said games needed to be in the BSA not the dome.

The game after EEEW was just a very depressed crowd.

NDSUstudent
07-16-2014, 10:32 PM
First page updated to reflect conference schedule being announced today. Lots of games on different dates, the Thursday-Saturday format is no more.

Hansel
07-16-2014, 10:39 PM
First page updated to reflect conference schedule being announced today. Lots of games on different dates, the Thursday-Saturday format is no more.

I bet the team is looking forward to SuperBowl Sunday in Macomb

Tatanka
07-17-2014, 12:05 PM
I bet the team is looking forward to SuperBowl Sunday in Macomb

Noticed that as well. Do they even have TV in Macomb?

DePereBisonFan
07-17-2014, 04:41 PM

Is this for TV purposes or something?

roadwarrior
07-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Most likely because of a nine team conference.

BisBison
07-21-2014, 02:52 AM
Non-conference schedule just about done. Check it out. Expect a Hawkeye connection manifests itself soon.

NDSUstudent
08-27-2014, 12:03 AM
The Bison will play at Southern Miss on December 3rd.