PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rank higher

kab1one
03-22-2014, 10:01 PM
2013/4 Basketball Team (obviously top 32)

Or

2013 Football Team if we could put into FBS rankings?

Does your answer change if Basketball Team wins today???????

No_Skill
03-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Farthest thing from my mind right now.

Professor Chaos
03-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Tied for first in my personal fan rankings.

HoopsBison
03-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Yeah, no need to compare different sports, we've been completely blessed as fans to have this success.

Major props to the team.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

TILIS-BisonFan
03-23-2014, 12:44 AM
The amount of national coverage ndsu has received in one year for both basketball and football is unprecedented. Great to be an alum

HerdBot
03-23-2014, 12:51 AM
on a personal level, football
on a national level, baskebtall
if we would have gone to the sweet 16, basketball

I gotta say I was pretty damn fired up after the Oklahoma win. Even more so than football and I'm batshit crazy

SDbison
03-23-2014, 12:53 AM

I gotta say I was pretty damn fired up after the Oklahoma win. Even more so than football and I'm batshit crazy Ditto........major fail for basketball tonite........did not show up.

HerdBot
03-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Ditto........major fail for basketball tonite........did not show up.

I dont know if I would say major fail... but we missed an opportunity to take the program to levels we couldn't have ever thought were possible. It stings and we didn't play well. But I'll say this... if UNI can make the sweet 16 and we got this close playing in the BSA... we have potential to do some BIG TIME SHIT when the new arena is done and we we are a more well known commodity now!

marenlee
03-23-2014, 12:58 AM

I gotta say I was pretty damn fired up after the Oklahoma win. Even more so than football and I'm batshit crazy

3X National Champs. It becomes expected and anything short of perfection is a disappointment. The level the basketball program has achieved this year is unprecedented in our history. So new and exciting. I found myself this past week going even more "batshit crazy" than I ever have for any team that I have followed.

HerdBot
03-23-2014, 01:00 AM
3X National Champs. It becomes expected and anything short of perfection is a disappointment. The level the basketball program has achieved this year is unprecedented in our history. So new and exciting. I found myself this past week going even more "batshit crazy" than I ever have for any team that I have followed.

Yeah it's a "feeling" Bison fans have never felt, being one game away from the sweet 16. I like it!! I'm crushed right now yet PUMPED because it's pretty freakin fun and possible!! I'm crushed because I care. The future is bright.

BlueBisonRock
03-23-2014, 01:01 AM

Or

Like asking which of your kids do you love more?

I am proud to be a Bison fan and am proud of the results by the Football team, the Basketball team, our Grapplers, and the Track and Field athletes. I look forward to regaining pride in the WBB and VB teams as well as the results I expect from both Softball and Baseball. And, we have a better than OK Dance team.

Go Bison.

TILIS-BisonFan
03-23-2014, 01:02 AM

I am glad you said this because it echoes my thoughts and saves me from trying to type it

marenlee
03-23-2014, 01:06 AM
I am glad you said this because it echoes my thoughts and saves me from trying to type it

Mr. Jim Beam brings out the best in me ;) I cannot wait until next season. I had reservation about Carlin until the past two games. Kory is still my favorite player and we have two more season with him!

Bisonator98
03-23-2014, 01:28 AM

I am proud to be a Bison fan and am proud of the results by the Football team, the Basketball team, our Grapplers, and the Track and Field athletes. I look forward to regaining pride in the WBB and VB teams as well as the results I expect from both Softball and Baseball. And, we have a better than OK Dance team.

Go Bison.

This ^^^^^. Proud to be a Bison alum. What a great year it's been for most of our sports teams. Hopefully we can get a couple more on track next year. GO BISON!!!!

NDSUstudent
03-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Only one other FCS school has done what have done in both sports in the same year. We are blessed as fans.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
03-23-2014, 01:57 AM
both had terrific years.

Congrats to both teams on successful seasons!

ndsansa
03-23-2014, 02:14 AM
That was the one of the largest, if not the largest tv audience any NDSU team has ever played in front of today. Big things are coming for this program. Not sure who is going to be leading it, but big things are going to come. Goal now should be to get back in 2 years as we have some very good players back and a great recruiting class. This type of exposure this weekend is a game changer for mbb.

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 02:31 AM
Yeah it's a "feeling" Bison fans have never felt, being one game away from the sweet 16. I like it!! I'm crushed right now yet PUMPED because it's pretty freakin fun and possible!! I'm crushed because I care. The future is bright.

Here's the deal?! Is the future bright for BB?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
03-23-2014, 02:34 AM

Or

football was borderline top 25. but why all these comparisons? kinda stupid. just puts an us vs them type of thing

westnodak93bison
03-23-2014, 02:39 AM

Yes. A couple solid long bigs away from a very good team.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Tatanka
03-23-2014, 02:42 AM

yes. I believe it is.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

NDSUstudent
03-23-2014, 02:49 AM

Never been brighter.

New arena, NCAA tourney run....The bar has been raised.

Strongman
03-23-2014, 02:49 AM
This is the big reason why I push for us to move up--at least in a football only conference. In basketball, we competed with the Big Dawgs and tied for 32nd best in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL. In football, we do not compete with the same division as the Big Dawgs. So it's anybody guess if these championship teams were a top 20 or 32 team.

My dad graduated from NDSU in 1966. I graduated from NDSU in 1991. This is not my dad's NDSU, nor my NDSU. If somebody would have told me that someday, we would be beating Minnesota and Kansas State in football, making the Big Dance in basketball whilst beating the #20 team Oklahoma in the tournament, and have an NDSU wrestler be the 3rd or 4th best in all of college (don't know if he won?) I would have laughed at their face. THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO MOVE UP. THIS PROGRAM HAS EXPLODED IN THE LAST 8 YEARS. I really don't believe failure is an option for our fans, boosters, alumni, and whales (per the CBS article). IF the program continues to grow then yes, it is possible for us to be "another" Boise State in the next 10 to 15 years.

Is it really a pipe dream that in 2030 we could beat Alabama or USC in football? I would submit its a much more realistic dream then in 1991, dreaming that one day NDSU would beat Minnesota and Kansas State in football when we were merely a D II team.

SlickVic
03-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Fn a rite cr. Gulsvig hire him hell coach circles. Around any of these othere summit league candy asses or assistant wanna bes...were talking about a genuine basket balll blue collar.genious phill jackson who cr would win 12 summit titles.in a row

silkamilkamonico
03-23-2014, 03:38 AM

Not sure why it wouldn't be. New arena, coming off the best season in program history, first summit team to get a win in the ncaa'a, were 6 years into d1, and people are already labeling ndsu as the best athletic university not in fbs.

El_Chapo
03-23-2014, 04:11 AM
Basketball competes at top level this is a no brainer

BisonTeacher
03-23-2014, 04:37 AM

Go Bison.

I only have one kid...but this is a great response!!!

MNLonghorn10
03-23-2014, 05:01 AM
Fn a rite cr. Gulsvig hire him hell coach circles. Around any of these othere summit league candy asses or assistant wanna bes...were talking about a genuine basket balll blue collar.genious phill jackson who cr would win 12 summit titles.in a row
LMFAO

best post ever. CR couldnt win Minnesota 1A, how do you peg him winning 12 straight summits? chyea

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Not sure why it wouldn't be. New arena, coming off the best season in program history, first summit team to get a win in the ncaa'a, were 6 years into d1, and people are already labeling ndsu as the best athletic university not in fbs.

We'll see next year. If Saul is here he'll need to prove himself ... but I expect nothing less than Summit championship given what I see and hear on this Forum. Anyone wanna bet??

silkamilkamonico
03-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Not sure why anyone would be predicting a summit championship next year. Well be capable with so e very nice pieces but we also have some big holes and the conference should be up for grabs with no real heavy favorites.

344Johnson
03-23-2014, 05:47 AM
Proud of both teams.

Basketball just got us some solid publicity though!

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:16 PM
We'll see next year. If Saul is here he'll need to prove himself ... but I expect nothing less than Summit championship given what I see and hear on this Forum. Anyone wanna bet??

I'll bet you they won't do what they did this year w/o TB

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:20 PM
I'll bet you they won't do what they did this year w/o TB

Y not? We did it without him the last 3 games?!

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Y not? We did it without him the last 3 games?!

So what's the bet? I'll take your money then you can beat me up ;)

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:26 PM
So what's the bet?

You obviously misinterpreted the post you quoted. What I was alluding to was that I don't think we will be very good next year, and perhaps for several years because we have to go through the rebuilding process again. That's how it has largely been for NDSU MBB over the last many years. Also, I don't think we would do the same next next year if Braun was back--see what I did there?!

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
You obviously misinterpreted the post you quoted. What I was alluding to was that I don't think we will be very good next year, and perhaps for several years because we have to go through the rebuilding process again. That's how it has largely been for NDSU MBB over the last many years. Also, I don't think we would do the same next next year if Braun was back--see what I did there?!

Nope but you certainly didn't see what I did there either. Thanks captain obvious. Their losing most of their scoring of course they won't be as good as this year. Maybe they'll find the " it " factor and prove me wrong.

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Nope but you certainly didn't see what I did there either. Thanks captain obvious. Their losing most of their scoring of course they won't be as good as this year. Maybe they'll find the " it " factor and prove me wrong.

Would be fun it they did!! Id enjoy "it".

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM

Oh and that's how it goes at mid major D1 programs. We get Taylor Braun's not The Tyus Joneses of the BB world.

JMB
03-23-2014, 05:34 PM

CAS, don't you think the boom-bust cycle for NDSU is going to be our recipe for success? Lets be honest about our position on the food chain. We are not going to get all world players to come to NDSU. (We have a very talented group this year, but none of them are likely going to lead their team to an NBA championship). My suspicion is to get a core group of freshmen and build around them for 4-5 years until you make a run or two... then start over again. Our strength this year is that we had a very cohesive unit that played well together because they knew the system. In this world of Division I basketball, we are not a "have" we are a "have not", and that means you pick your spots.

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Would be fun it they did!! Id enjoy "it".

I'm not sure you would. I'm a good judge of reading people too

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:41 PM
CAS, don't you think the boom-bust cycle for NDSU is going to be our recipe for success? Lets be honest about our position on the food chain. We are not going to get all world players to come to NDSU. (We have a very talented group this year, but none of them are likely going to lead their team to an NBA championship). My suspicion is to get a core group of freshmen and build around them for 4-5 years until you make a run or two... then start over again. Our strength this year is that we had a very cohesive unit that played well together because they knew the system. In this world of Division I basketball, we are not a "have" we are a "have not", and that means you pick your spots.

I understand and agree that's what we have here, or not have here, whichever way you want to look at it. I don't agree, however, that that is how it has to be. My issue with this years team was I don't feel they took full advantage of the run they put themselves on, and that was very disappointing to me. I truly believe we could have beat SDSU last night had they played better, but they didn't, and now it will be a long time coming before (if perhaps) we ever get there again.

CAS4127
03-23-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure you would. I'm a good judge of reading people too

Don't really care what you think, plus I know you have me read wrong, so I have that too.

NDSUstudent
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
I think Fisher had it nailed...

Fisher, whose team made up for last year’s third-round loss to Cinderella Florida Gulf Coast, had plenty of praise for the Bison.

“When you do what they have done, and you get to the tournament and you win in the tournament, that gets everybody’s attention,” Fisher said. “Recruiting is the name of the game. And that will open doors, maybe that weren’t there for them before, to get in the door of other players who will now help their program grow and continue to get where they want to go.

“When you’re a senior – and they’ve got a lot of good ones – it hurts when you know you can’t be there anymore. But, the nice thing about that, too, they will come back and tell the new group and the guys returning, you can do what we did. And then do it and do it better. So, it hurts; it does. If it doesn’t hurt, then you’re not going to be here.

“They have a really good program and that’s what we talk about, having a good program. They’ve got a good program.”

We could build this program into something better. This group has give us some real momentum, add a new arena into the mix and exciting times are ahead for the program.

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Don't really care what you think, plus I know you have me read wrong, so I have that too.

Couldn't have said it better. Finally you know what I've had all along

JMB
03-23-2014, 05:58 PM
I understand and agree that's what we have here, or not have here, whichever way you want to look at it. I don't agree, however, that that is how it has to be. My issue with this years team was I don't feel they took full advantage of the run they put themselves on, and that was very disappointing to me. I truly believe we could have beat SDSU last night had they played better, but they didn't, and now it will be a long time coming before (if perhaps) we ever get there again.

It is disappointing but honestly watching the game we were out classed out there. They were very good on defense and honestly had by far the best player on the court.

As for building on our success. I don't know how some teams do it. There are certainly smaller schools out there successful in basketball but how do they sustain it? Is it purely a function of $$$'s? However even some of those successful programs don't necessarily hang around for the long haul. We can all look at VCU and Butler, but I don't know if those two have been around enough to represent long term sustainability.

IBleedYellow
03-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Currently: Football

The debate is definitely getting strong for basketball, though.

ndsubison1
03-23-2014, 07:01 PM
i like the direction this program is heading. this was a very special season

Timp
03-23-2014, 09:40 PM
I think this progarma is better than when Miles left. Were we panicy losing Miles ? Yes. Is the program better now? Yes. Saul and the players he recruited and coached did that. A toough gaame lasst night against a tough opponent. Bison didn't play up to their ability or to what the showed all season, but the round of 32 is pretty good. As mentioned earlier, one more round than Duke. A great run- I hope next year can compare!

Timp
03-23-2014, 09:40 PM
lots of crappy spelling.

PaBizon
03-23-2014, 10:05 PM
lots of crappy spelling.

And grammar

SoCalBison
03-24-2014, 02:28 AM
Basketball Bison had a great season and can rest secure in the knowledge that they took the program to new heights. More national publicity than the football team garnered, even counting Game Day.

Still, the football team ended 3 seasons with wins, including an undefeated finish this year. The greater team?

When we needed to come back against Kansas State, who among you doubted that Brock would find a way to win? When we needed to come back against San Diego State, who among you doubted that Taylor would find a way to win? The greater team?

Our football team this year had the knowledge, skills and confidence to take on whatever was in front of them, all the way to the title. The basketball team, and this takes nothing away from their great accomplishment, did the very best they could. But it wasn't enough to catch and finish off a team that they dominated in the opening minutes (with a crappy shooting percentage). The greater team?

It's pretty clear to me.

Bison03
03-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Why must we pit one program against another? Can't we celebrate the accomplishments if both separately? It's asking the question, which one of your kids do you love more.

LudwigMilfors
03-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Basketball Bison had a great season and can rest secure in the knowledge that they took the program to new heights. More national publicity than the football team garnered, even counting Game Day.

Still, the football team ended 3 seasons with wins, including an undefeated finish this year. The greater team?

When we needed to come back against Kansas State, who among you doubted that Brock would find a way to win? When we needed to come back against San Diego State, who among you doubted that Taylor would find a way to win? The greater team?

Our football team this year had the knowledge, skills and confidence to take on whatever was in front of them, all the way to the title. The basketball team, and this takes nothing away from their great accomplishment, did the very best they could. But it wasn't enough to catch and finish off a team that they dominated in the opening minutes (with a crappy shooting percentage). The greater team?

It's pretty clear to me.

I dare anybody to argue Against this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
03-24-2014, 03:38 AM
I dare anybody to argue Against this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK. I don't see how you can compare 2 completely different sports or why we would even want to but the Kstate game was at the beginning of the year and really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Meaning even if we lose we still could have accomplished the ultimate goal which was the Championship. Now what if that game is at the end of the season with the post season on the line?The BB tourney is the ultimate goal and we got there, won a game and that has a ton of pressure that goes with it.

BisonTeacher
03-24-2014, 05:08 AM
The Kstate game set the tone for all things Bison this year. And we arent even done yet.

I believe on the chinese calendar...it is the year of the Bison, no?

ZHerd
03-24-2014, 12:54 PM
The Kstate game set the tone for all things Bison this year. And we arent even done yet.

I believe on the chinese calendar...it is the year of the Bison, no?

Isn't their version of Bison a water-buffalo?

standandyell
03-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Rather than pick favorites among NDSU programs compare the NDSU Mens Athletic Department to others in the country. Nationally 5 schools in the Round of 32 finished higher than NDSU in the final Sagarin football ranking. In the two most popular collegiate sports, football and basketball, NDSU excelled. I am not suggesting NDSU is the 6th best department in the country, it is however very damn good.

NDSUstudent
03-26-2014, 06:41 AM
The basketball team and football team both had a amazing runs and took down programs that had better facilities, better recruits and bigger budgets. Both did it on big stages, we have a lot to be proud of.

Both did exactly what we expected and more. It doesn't get any better than that as a fan.

DePereBisonFan
03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
The basketball team and football team both had a amazing runs and took down programs that had better facilities, better recruits and bigger budgets. Both did it on big stages, we have a lot to be proud of.

Both did exactly what we expected and more. It doesn't get any better than that as a fan.

Both teams had to come from behind late in the game to beat a Big 12 school.